Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion

Lisin
  • Start Topic

Does anyone know what number they were on? No one wants to be the company that sends its shows back to work and then someone contracts it so it could be a while, in just in case mode. If it goes on for more than a few weeks then they might just end this season early and go back into next season or attempt to throw together a couple of wrap up episodes and deal with the fallout in S7. Assuming the WGA doesn't also strike and throw things into even more chaos. 

I imagine this might also affect the possible early start for Supergirl and the accommodation of MB's pregnancy into the show.

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, Starry said:

I hope they'll manage to finish up the season but I am not optimistic.

It's only a matter of time before they shut down production on the other Arrowverse shows too.

LoT has been done for awhile, and I believe Supergirl wrapped (or is wrapping) their current season this week. Just Batwoman, so it'll be interesting to watch if/when that show goes on hold.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I think they were on episode 20; or starting 21 this week. Only had two more to go; but safety first.

I assume they get back to filming as soon as they can (but who knows how long that will be); however, I'm wondering if they'll decide to cut the season short and have the conclusion of Season 6 start Season 7? Depending on how the rest of the season arcs are structured they might be able to edit a semi-satisfying finale.

• Love 3

I would think the problem would be in the talent maybe having other projects lined up. I would also wonder about the sets being available as well as the crew. Some of them have other shows lined up to work on. IMO the situation in Canada might become worse for awhile.  With the situation i would guess the writer strike might not be able to be resolved either. 

17 minutes ago, Trini said:

I assume they get back to filming as soon as they can (but who knows how long that will be); however, I'm wondering if they'll decide to cut the season short and have the conclusion of Season 6 start Season 7? Depending on how the rest of the season arcs are structured they might be able to edit a semi-satisfying finale.

It really depends, there's a lot of people involved and a lot different factors, and that's assuming everyone involved stays healthy. Even if they go back to work certain locations might be too risky. For many countries they're saying it's going to get worse before it gets better (at minimum) and even a slight risk is probably not worth it from anyone's perspective. 

They could end up throwing together a couple of quick episodes in late April but who knows? Especially with them already looking towards the writer's strike affecting S7. They might try and end it on a cliff hanger and extend any contracts that need extending for that. I can't see ep 20 being a satisfying ending for a season as that's when it's just ramping up. 

Most procedurals that have stopped production seem unlikely to resume so no one is expecting it to just be a quick two week break I don't think. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

They could end up throwing together a couple of quick episodes in late April but who knows? Especially with them already looking towards the writer's strike affecting S7. They might try and end it on a cliff hanger and extend any contracts that need extending for that. I can't see ep 20 being a satisfying ending for a season as that's when it's just ramping up. 

It would most likely be a cliffhanger, but I would hope it ends at at a natural stopping point, as much as possible. Like, a filler episode would not be a good place to end.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Starry said:

... Does anyone remember that picture Hartley posted with something that looked like a mirror sculpture in the speed lab? I think he deleted it because of spoilers. ...

Upthread there's a fan copy:

On 2/6/2020 at 8:43 PM, Trini said:

A fan has the video that was also posted on Instagram (before also being deleted):

Is this something that Siri built? Or Eva? Or Barry/Team Flash?

• Useful 1

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Velocity23 said:

I would think the problem would be in the talent maybe having other projects lined up. I would also wonder about the sets being available as well as the crew. Some of them have other shows lined up to work on.

They may end up shutting down production on those other projects too.

I don't think this situation will get better anytime soon. I believe they'll end the season with 6x20 and tie up the loose ends in the season 7 premiere. Hopefully the strike won't complicate things even more.

But I am mad that they are potentially ending season 6 with a Wells episode and Iris nowhere to be found. I don't even know when was the last time that Candice was in Vancouver for more than a couple days. How lucky I am 😂

• Love 3
On 3/11/2020 at 6:42 PM, Trini said:

The promo for 6.15:

... is all Barry/RF/Team Flash, but the synopsis:

One of the bigger differences between promo and synopsis lately. I'm hoping there's some progress with Iris/Siri/Eva.

I'm concerned about Gustin's cry-face in the promo; this seems to be a scene with Thawne? It's only family-related things that would make him cry, so I wonder what Thawne is taunting (?) him with -- Nora? Most likely. Or killing Iris? Although just his threats shouldn't make him tear up.

On 3/13/2020 at 2:06 AM, Trini said:

Allimak doesn't have the same ring as Siri; but Mirror-Kamilla is kinda long....

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Trini said:

so I wonder what Thawne is taunting (?) him with -- Nora?

When I wrote this, I meant his daughter, but his mother would work, too. 😢

Edited by Trini

How many episodes was the flash supposed to have this season?  If it's 23 or 24, then I will be really, REALLY upset if they just smash 3-4 episodes into a season 7 premiere.

We've suffered along and watched Iris be trapped in that mirror for a really long time - any storyline that doesn't give us the proper payoff will piss me off.

So, if they end at episode 20, then I need the first part of Season 7 to wrap it all up with a 3-4 part series.

And part of that payoff needs to be Barry beating himself up for not knowing Siri wasn't his Iris - and potentially something even worse happening with/to Iris (nothing fatal) because he didn't know.  I need a real emotional payoff.

I'll say one thing though - this virus has the potential to kill a lot of shows off.  When that writers strike happened years ago, I remember it killed a lot of shows I loved.

I don't think The Flash would be one of them, but writers strike + Covid-19?  Yikes.  I'm worried.  TV is all I've got being isolated like this.

I'm really wishing I chose an apartment with a balcony now.

Edited by phoenics
  • Love 1

The season was supposed to have 22 episodes.

We know for a fact that Iris is still trapped in 6x16. Since 6x17 is titled Liberation maybe that's when she gets out. Not sure when Barry is supposed to find out. If it happens in 6x15 that should give him one episode to freak out and another one to go help free Iris.

Pardon me the pessimistic attitude but at this point I don't expect this storyline to have a satisfying conclusion. The writers have a tendency to endlessly drag things out and the last time CP filmed for more than two days was one month ago. The pandemic and the impact it's having on the filming schedule is the cherry on top of a very bitter cake.

The people on Twitter who keep track of Candice's social media and the shooting schedule are saying that she barely filmed for 6x18, 6x19 and 6x20. Maybe they are wrong or maybe they managed to film something good in the few days she was there but I don't think that's ever happened before.

I have very low expectations. At this point all I want is for Barry to realize Mirror Iris is a fake. I don't want him to be told and I especially don't want Joe or Team Flash to find out before him. Another thing that I need is for Barry to get Iris out. No to Iris saving herself. No to someone else saving her either.

4 hours ago, phoenics said:

I'll say one thing though - this virus has the potential to kill a lot of shows off.  When that writers strike happened years ago, I remember it killed a lot of shows I loved.

I don't think The Flash would be one of them, but writers strike + Covid-19?  Yikes.  I'm worried.  TV is all I've got being isolated like this.

Are you telling me that 6x20 could potentially be their series finale?

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, Starry said:

No or at least it's highly unlikely. Whilst current COVID-19 shutdowns plus writer's strike could kill some shows it won't affect The Flash unless it lasts a *really* long time and gets into massive contract trouble with S7 being the last on many original cast members.

Deadline said it might short term help some bubble shows because most pilots are shut down half way through production and it's easier to scrap them and go with the shows where the set up is already done and begin again next season. Again The Flash isn't a bubble show and was already renewed. 

29 minutes ago, Starry said:

The people on Twitter who keep track of Candice's social media and the shooting schedule are saying that she barely filmed for 6x18, 6x19 and 6x20. Maybe they are wrong or maybe they managed to film something good in the few days she was there but I don't think that's ever happened before.

Is CP's SM usually a good gauge? For some actors it seems like they were barely on set and when the eps air they have a good storyline and just weren't posting from set much. It does seem like she gets out in "Liberation" but why would she barely have any time in the three episodes after that? Obviously it's been a problem in other seasons but surely they'd need her around to sort out both the personal/relationship problems that have come up and as a member of Team Citizen/Flash to go after Eva/Blackhole, she's deeply tied into it this season.  

10 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

Is CP's SM usually a good gauge? For some actors it seems like they were barely on set and when the eps air they have a good storyline and just weren't posting from set much.

It was during the first half of the season. The problem is not that she doesn't post from set. It's that she often posts from LA. I think that's how people know that she wasn't filming much.

Iris started the Black Hole investigation but Joe is already involved and both Eva and Sue have their own agenda against Carver.

Hopefully they won't take that story away from Iris.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Starry said:

The season was supposed to have 22 episodes.

We know for a fact that Iris is still trapped in 6x16. Since 6x17 is titled Liberation maybe that's when she gets out. Not sure when Barry is supposed to find out. If it happens in 6x15 that should give him one episode to freak out and another one to go help free Iris.

Pardon me the pessimistic attitude but at this point I don't expect this storyline to have a satisfying conclusion. The writers have a tendency to endlessly drag things out and the last time CP filmed for more than two days was one month ago. The pandemic and the impact it's having on the filming schedule is the cherry on top of a very bitter cake.

I have very low expectations. At this point all I want is for Barry to realize Mirror Iris is a fake. I don't want him to be told and I especially don't want Joe or Team Flash to find out before him. Another thing that I need is for Barry to get Iris out. No to Iris saving herself. No to someone else saving her either.

No... just speculating other shows on the network and other networks could face their end if they are shaky.  Like - I don't see Roswell, NM making it out of this alive.

1 hour ago, Starry said:

It was during the first half of the season. The problem is not that she doesn't post from set. It's that she often posts from LA. I think that's how people know that she wasn't filming much.

Iris started the Black Hole investigation but Joe is already involved and both Eva and Sue have their own agenda against Carver.

I'm not sure CP's SM is a good gauge anymore for that time period.  She went dark on SM after that messy stuff with that basketball player happened... so she could have been filming a lot during that time and we wouldn't know because she went dark to avoid the drama during that time, imo.

1 hour ago, Starry said:

I hope they don't - that would suck.  But like I said, I think that going by CP's SM for those episodes doesn't make sense because of that whole thing I mentioned.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, phoenics said:

I'm not sure CP's SM is a good gauge anymore for that time period.  She went dark on SM after that messy stuff with that basketball player happened... so she could have been filming a lot during that time and we wouldn't know because she went dark to avoid the drama during that time, imo.

That was before the Christmas hiatus. They were filming 6x14 and 6x15 at the time.

My point is that people suspect that she wasn't filming much for 6x18, 6x19 and 6x20 not because she went dark on social media, but because she was regularly posting from LA and only making short trips to Vancouver.

3 hours ago, Starry said:

That was before the Christmas hiatus. They were filming 6x14 and 6x15 at the time.

My point is that people suspect that she wasn't filming much for 6x18, 6x19 and 6x20 not because she went dark on social media, but because she was regularly posting from LA and only making short trips to Vancouver.

But CP went dark on twitter for two full months.  Are we saying it took them two months to film two episodes?

8 hours ago, phoenics said:

But CP went dark on twitter for two full months.  Are we saying it took them two months to film two episodes?

But she didn't go dark on Instagram. Her social media hiatus didn't even last one full month.

What I am saying is that after they were done with 6x17 she was often posting Instagram stories and snaps from LA.

• Love 1

I'm sure they'll tie up loose ends when the studios, etc. are able to get back to filming. The scripts for the last episodes should be all done. With some tweaks, I assume they'll end up as part of the next season.

The shows that were on their final seasons are the ones to worry about.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Trini said:

The shows that were on their final seasons are the ones to worry about.

This.  I feel badly for those shows that are in their final season and shows on the bubble.

Some teases from Victoria Park: https://www.tvinsider.com/923972/the-flash-season-6-episode-15-kamilla-mirror-victoria-park/

... What happened to the real Kamilla "will be revealed in the upcoming episodes," the actress promised. "Kamilla is still somewhere." (All Eva said was that she's no longer a problem.) ...

... So far, Eva has her mirror replicants on retrievable duty, but as "her plan comes together," The Flash will "reveal a little more with each episode," Park teased. At the same time, the team of Barry (Grant Gustin), Caitlin (Danielle Panabaker), and Cisco (Carlos Valdes) are working on their own plan: to build a speed force as Barry's powers dwindle. "The speed force thing is its own big problem," the actress continued. "If Eva were to get wind of it, I'm sure she would try and use it to her purposes, but as of right now, they're working on that and Eva's working on her own thing. We'll see how she gets the replicants involved and what happens moving forward."

... "I love Team Citizen. Everything with Team Citizen is so much fun," she said. "[It's] all women of color. ... Everything about it has been really exciting. It'll be fun to see that storyline continue to play out."

• Love 1

I heard a theory from a YT reviewer about Thawne taking over Godspeed's body. We haven't seen that odd Godspeed clone/time remnant that seemed to lack any consciousness since episode one of this season. I like the theory and it makes some sense. 

• Useful 1

I was hoping Iris would get out in Liberation but considering that's the name of Eva's operation, 6x17 is probably when EVA gets out.

At this point I expect Iris to stay trapped until season 7 the finale.

6 hours ago, Starry said:

I was hoping Iris would get out in Liberation but considering that's the name of Eva's operation, 6x17 is probably when EVA gets out.

At this point I expect Iris to stay trapped until season 7 the finale.

I hope not! I would think they know better than to have their main couple separated for that long. I'm still thinking they both get out in 6.17.

In the Fringe storyline, the couple were apart for 8 episodes at the start of the season; so they had the rest of the episodes to deal with the fallout. Iris has to return at least a few episodes before the finale so they can deal with the repercussions (even if those repercussions are short-lived, as per usual).

Edited by Trini
ugh - dropped word
3 hours ago, Trini said:

I hope not! I would think they know better than to have their main couple separated for that long. I'm still thinking they both get out in 6.17.

Really?  Are we not remembering the way they kept them separated for the most part in S6A?  They gave all of the emotional beats to anyone BUT Iris with Barry.

I'm beginning to believe this showrunner doesn't like WestAllen.  He writes them apart more than together and refuses to have them be the center of the show.  His interviews reflect that he wants to focus on Barry OR Iris but he doesn't seem to want to focus on them together.  Like, it's "bad" or something.

It would be one thing if he could write angst properly so that even though they are apart, you still feel the pull and draw of them together - but in 6A it was hard to even tell at times they were a couple, much less married.  6B, aside from two episodes, feels the same.  WestAllen should have a thread in every episode.  Shippers should still feel fed.  As a shipper I feel like I've been starving and it's crazy that moments that SHOULD have been huge shipper moments (the entire lead up to crisis and now the mirror storyline) were robbed of shipper goodness.

It's sad to be pining for S3.

1 hour ago, phoenics said:

I'm beginning to believe this showrunner doesn't like WestAllen.

I've said this elsewhere, but not all Black men support Black women in romantic relationships with White men. Either that's Eric's problem or he's catering to the bigoted parts of the fandom.

The fact that WestAllen doesn't even remember their anniversary, shares most of their intimate moments with the team, has the team co-opt the phrase, "We are the Flash", etc., shows an agenda that spans across showrunners to downplay WestAllen as a couple as much as they can get away with. With Eric, there was the hope that the agenda was coming from clueless non-POC showrunners; now we're longing for the days of (dare I say it) AJK's S3. Shame...

• Love 1
9 hours ago, phoenics said:

I'm beginning to believe this showrunner doesn't like WestAllen.  He writes them apart more than together and refuses to have them be the center of the show.  His interviews reflect that he wants to focus on Barry OR Iris but he doesn't seem to want to focus on them together.  Like, it's "bad" or something.

In one of his interviews Eric said that Graphic Novel Number Two was going to be an Iris-centric Barry-Iris story.

The lies!

Iris stopped being a factor after 6x10 and there's no consistency with the WestAllen stuff.

I don't think Eric doesn't like WestAllen. I believe he and his writing staff don't look at them the way fans do.

It's like these people don't get the couple and what made shippers fall in love with them. Eric and the vast majority of his writers were hired in season 4 and that's when the quality of the WestAllen scenes started to decline. It wasn't obvious back then because AJK and Todd Helbing were in charge and no matter how bad they were they had been with the show since the beginning. They knew the characters and were there when Greg Berlanti and Geoff Johns were more involved.

9 hours ago, phoenics said:

It's sad to be pining for S3.

7 hours ago, adora721 said:

With Eric, there was the hope that the agenda was coming from clueless non-POC showrunners; now we're longing for the days of (dare I say it) AJK's S3. Shame...

Season 3 gets a bad rep but it was the best season for romantic WestAllen alongside season 1.

Some of the new writers do better than others and manage to give us Original WestAllen moments from time to time but to me it's obvious that the couple is being written by people who haven't been there since the beginning.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Starry said:

Some of the new writers do better than others and manage to give us Original WestAllen moments from time to time but to me it's obvious that the couple is being written by people who haven't been there since the beginning.

I can't really believe it's about how long the writers have been with the show. It's not like romantic writing was invented a minute ago. It's not like OTP couples are a new thing. It's not like there's not 60+ years of romantic WestAllen content in the comics from which to draw. The CW shows are known for romantic content in their shows no matter the type of show. There's no way the writers (new or old) don't have experience writing romantic dialogue or scenes that make sense for the OTP couple each season; that's gotta be part of screenwriting 101.

No; I'm convinced, reluctantly, that the writers are being instructed to downplay the romance aspect of their OTP couple. The most likely reason is that it's an IR couple. Look at all the other CW shows past and present (Screenrant has lists of CW couples over the years). The White OTP couples, not the ones that weren't OTP, had tons of ongoing romantic content each season; Lois and Clark are a prime example.

44 minutes ago, adora721 said:

No; I'm convinced, reluctantly, that the writers are being instructed to downplay the romance aspect of their OTP couple. The most likely reason is that it's an IR couple. Look at all the other CW shows past and present (Screenrant has lists of CW couples over the years). The White OTP couples, not the ones that weren't OTP, had tons of ongoing romantic content each season; Lois and Clark are a prime example.

Berlanti told EW to hire a black female writer this season and EW gave interviewers some "can't find the right person/now's not the time excuse" so I don't think he'd be instructing them to down play the romance. I suppose someone at the CW or WB but they signed off on a black Iris in the first place, they could have demanded a white red head. So it seems silly to demand they not interact as a couple a lot of the time.

Nate/Amaya were the only couple on LOT for S2 and most of S3 and we got plenty of "insight" into their kinky sex life and it was also played as very much love, albeit rushed. Now Nate and Zari (also interracial) are a big thing, even though they aren't the only big couple. We had as much as the CW will show us of a threesome with an Indian character last year. Mia/JJ were pictured in bed and half naked with each other and if the spin off gets picked up there's probably going to be a love triangle with the Diggle brothers (sigh) with at least one of them being her OTP. Those showrunners aren't afraid to show both romance and some sexiness. 

I'm not saying racism or hiding behind what the "what the audience is comfortable seeing" isn't going on but I think there are other factors at play as well which are more on their minds, especially the kids argument and the more noticeable "noromo" stuff in general. Are there that many people who have a huge problem with the interracial aspect still watching the Flash? Wouldn't they have given up years ago, and if they're still watching they won't suddenly stop because WestAllen are a little more intimate. There were concerns about Ralph/Sue taking over the show with their White Coupleness pandering to racists but that hasn't happened either, her next episode is 4 after her first one and two people of colour have been announced as regulars for S7 whilst she hasn't.

But I guess I really don't know. Will be interesting to get some thoughts from the cast once the show finishes. 

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 1

But romance isn't every writer's strong suit. It doesn't matter if WestAllen are an OTP in the comics and the network likes romance. If a writer doesn't care for it and prefers to write other things that will show in the content they produce.

I am not downplaying the racism aspect but that has been a problem since season 1. They didn't suddenly discover racism in season 4 and IMO that's when we started getting less romance scenes. And I hate to say it but shippers began starving to death even more after AJK got fired. He was the one who hyped up the romance aspect which in some cases led to shipbaiting Barry with every white woman he came into contact with. Once AJK left, they stopped the shipbaiting too. IMO if these writers were mainly motivated by racism they would include some shippy scenes with Barry and white women but they don't. Fans of other Barry ships get no content either. And it's not because now that WestAllen are married they can't do anything about that. Writers that want to play with the romance aspect will always find a way. Guggenheim put alternate versions of Oliver with Kara and Iris even after he and Felicity got married.

And like @Featherhat pointed out, Ralph and Sue have basically disappeared from the show after one episode.

Even if there were a mandate to downplay WestAllen because they are an interracial couple, who's behind it? And why do it now? Because while I agree that some writing choices have always been shady the season 3 writers did a better job with the quality and quantity of the WestAllen content.

I remain of my opinion that the issue is twofold. It's a combination of the structural racism/antiblackness/misogynoir that has been a part of the show since season 1 and a relatively new group of writers that isn't big on romance.

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, Starry said:

Guggenheim put alternate versions of Oliver with Kara and Iris even after he and Felicity got married.

Yeah Nazi versions of them. Having 2 very Arian looking people being a Nazi power-couple is not surprising.  No Olicity fans wanted  Nazi Oliver to be with with Jewish Felicity anyway. (although that reddit fanfic was fire). We still got the real Oliver and Felicity big moment. And Earth 1 Oliver meeting Jewish Felicity from Earth X and saving her life. That is honestly what mattered. 

Correct me if i am wrong but Wallace was responsible in writing the Flash part of Elseworlds crossover. He seemed to be doing ok with writing a very doting Iris being all over what she believed was Barry. Honestly i never understood why Iris had to be all over Oliver and then they had Oliver make the horryifying faces to it. They kept pushing it for the humor but i dont think it was the right choice. I never understood why they had Barry redo all the Oliver stuff since he cam out of prisone either

I see what Wallace tried to do and its what Arrow did in s7 with Oliver being in prison and Felicity was  trying to catch the man who caused it all. Everything was pushed forward by the love and getting the family together. Olicity was what drove the story.

While Flash has seperated their couple and the urgency is not really felt at all. There is no Barry in agony in how to get his wife back. There are no desperate actions of a man that will do anything to reunite with his wife. The lack of urgency is what makes this whole situation seem that there is no way for a proper payoff. Especially now that the season might be cut short.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Starry said:

IMO if these writers were mainly motivated by racism

I didn't say the writers are being motivated by racism. I said that they are being instructed to limit the romantic aspect of WestAllen's relationship. I don't know who is giving those instructions. However, there has been evidence from the Tweets of guest writers who said that they wrote romantic scenes for WestAllen, but they were cut from the script, not just filmed and cut for time. 

We can't yet judge with Ralph and Sue because there hasn't been enough content for them yet. We'll have to wait to see how they are written once an actual romance occurs between them. It's far too early to even bring Ralph and Sue into this discussion.

As for why do it now? It's not just now. This has been going on for quite some time. Like I said, I originally thought this lack of romance had to do with the previous showrunners, but with Eric, it's become clear that the mandate comes from higher up. I'm not sure if it's Berlanti or Johns. It could be WB.

2 hours ago, Featherhat said:

Nate/Amaya were the only couple on LOT for S2 and most of S3 and we got plenty of "insight" into their kinky sex life and it was also played as very much love, albeit rushed. Now Nate and Zari (also interracial) are a big thing, even though they aren't the only big couple. We had as much as the CW will show us of a threesome with an Indian character last year. Mia/JJ were pictured in bed and half naked with each other and if the spin off gets picked up there's probably going to be a love triangle with the Diggle brothers (sigh) with at least one of them being her OTP. Those showrunners aren't afraid to show both romance and some sexiness. 

This evidence only supports that idea that there is something amiss on the Flash with WestAllen. It's not writers who don't know how to write romance. If you don't know how to do your job, you get fired. I have zero doubt there'd be more obvious romance on the show if Barry was with Caitlin or Patty Spivot. 

ETA: With regard to Nate and Amaya, they were not OTP. I don't watch LoT anymore, so I'm not sure if Nate and Zari are OTP. Ray and Kendra weren't OTP either. And Kendra and Carter were OTP, but left after the first season, so it's unclear how they would have been written in the long-term. No comment on the Arrow spinoff since I don't know much about it.

Edited by adora721
  • Love 1

So back to spoilers - Matt's Inside Line:

Is The Flash‘s Barry going to figure out that that’s not his iris? Especially after Wally’s warnings and Joe’s suspicions? –Noya

“Yes — and the audience won’t have to wait until the end of the season for this to happen,” showrunner Eric Wallace tells the Inside Line. But wait! Here comes the Be Careful What You Wish For part. “However, there will be tragic consequences to learning the truth about Mirror-Iris,” the EP warns. “Consequences that will send the season in a new, even more dangerous direction for Team Flash.” ...

---

This is a Wallace quote, so take with a few grains of salt, because he exaggerates and doesn't view the show the same way the audience does.

Finding out about the Mirror-verse/Eva/mirror-clones before the end of the season -- that's good. (Although, it'll probably still take longer than I want.)

I'm guessing the "consequences" are everyone learning about how dangerous Eva is when she's out of the mirror. ... And maybe someone dying? *cough*Wells*cough*

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Trini said:

And maybe someone dying? *cough*Wells*cough*

Or the person who needs to be gone for maternity leave. Just saying....

It'll only be temporary if Killer Frost is trapped in the mirrorverse, but we know cold won't work to get her out. Cisco will work on freeing her/them over the hiatus; that's my prediction.

Edited by adora721
  • Love 1

Even with maternity leave, I don't think Panabaker is leaving. I'll believe when it I see it; because they've had so many chances to write her out.

Edited by Trini

6.16 promo:

This had the synopsis that weirdly didn't mention Barry/The Flash, but it looks like he's connected to Joe's subplot and indirectly to Iris/Eva via Siri.

I wonder if they going to do anything with Cisco and mirror-Kamilla?

12 hours ago, Starry said:

In one of his interviews Eric said that Graphic Novel Number Two was going to be an Iris-centric Barry-Iris story.

The lies!

Iris stopped being a factor after 6x10 and there's no consistency with the WestAllen stuff.

I don't think Eric doesn't like WestAllen. I believe he and his writing staff don't look at them the way fans do.

It's like these people don't get the couple and what made shippers fall in love with them. Eric and the vast majority of his writers were hired in season 4 and that's when the quality of the WestAllen scenes started to decline. It wasn't obvious back then because AJK and Todd Helbing were in charge and no matter how bad they were they had been with the show since the beginning. They knew the characters and were there when Greg Berlanti and Geoff Johns were more involved.

Season 3 gets a bad rep but it was the best season for romantic WestAllen alongside season 1.

Isn't Sterling Gates now like a producer/writer or something on the show again?  I thought I saw his name in the credits for Tuesday's episode.  Maybe he is writing too - but he was there in S3.  Of all the writers, HE should know better.

I still follow him on twitter.  I am really considering asking him if he knows anything about this...

5 hours ago, Starry said:

@Velocity23 and @adora721 I've replied to your posts in the Relationships thread.

I hope she's talking about stuff with Real Iris.

It's really pathetic that she's got pretty much NOTHING between episode 10 and 18.  Eric Wallace is such a liar.

5 hours ago, Trini said:

So back to spoilers - Matt's Inside Line:

---

This is a Wallace quote, so take with a few grains of salt, because he exaggerates and doesn't view the show the same way the audience does.

Finding out about the Mirror-verse/Eva/mirror-clones before the end of the season -- that's good. (Although, it'll probably still take longer than I want.)

I'm guessing the "consequences" are everyone learning about how dangerous Eva is when she's out of the mirror. ... And maybe someone dying? *cough*Wells*cough*

His response doesn't mean Barry figures this out on his own though.  This storyline should've had so much more focus around WestAllen and circling around them trying to find their way back to each other.

Instead it's just this mess.

18 minutes ago, phoenics said:

Isn't Sterling Gates now like a producer/writer or something on the show again?  I thought I saw his name in the credits for Tuesday's episode.  Maybe he is writing too - but he was there in S3.  Of all the writers, HE should know better.

I don't think he ever left? According to IMDB, Gates has been with the show since Season 4. But he's not unfamiliar with the show; he wrote one of the tie-in comics that came out after season 1.

55 minutes ago, Trini said:

I don't think he ever left? According to IMDB, Gates has been with the show since Season 4. But he's not unfamiliar with the show; he wrote one of the tie-in comics that came out after season 1.

Ohhh wait - I mixed up the name... that was Zack Stentz... nevermind what I was saying.

But to another point - the idea that they can't find black female writers is trash.  My other writing friend just introduced me to Bianca Sams and I fangirled all over her for her Titans writing.  There are other black female writers too.  They aren't looking hard enough.

Edited by phoenics
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Trini said:

Aw, I like him; and this is only his third appearance. But I do wonder why he isn't still in prison, though.

I could have sworn this would be his 4th? I can't remember his first appearance, but I thought he's been back when he knocked Barry off a building and Iris jumped off to save him, and again when Joe and Iris went undercover to break into some lab (I think with the young rogues?). Maybe one of those was his first? He is unique though which is good! I just don't want this to be another Reverse Flash where he shows up every season (or more)