Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion

Lisin
  • Start Topic

As for the "Season 7" trailer, it'll be great to see Candice play several versions of Iris, but I've been done with having any expectations for the rest season. It looks like both Barry and Iris have plots, but apparently so do Cecile, and Nash (ugh) and Allegra, and maybe Eva if she's not connected to any of those; so the next episode already seems overcrowded. And no Cisco, I think?

Edited by Trini
  • Love 2

The panel was a bit short and we didn't really learn much new things (from the panel itself, the trailer had a lot of info), but it was nice to see the cast and Eric talking. I hope they also did/will do individual interviews like during comic con

I thought the trailer was really good. I thought they made good use of new and old footage and dialogue to bring it all together. It's not the most spectacular trailer they've ever done, but it really makes me look forward to the new season. Especially since all that new footage is only from one episode.

Curious about what is going on with Iris in the mirror.

• Love 1

I wonder if they're going to start mapping out an endgame to the series.  It's got to be around the time for contract renewals and it seems like a lot of the actors are probably ready to move on.   I'm sure they'll throw the CW equivalent of ludicrous money at GG but the rest of the older cast members are probably going to have a hard cap when it comes to raises and other perks. 

17 hours ago, cambridgeguy said:

I wonder if they're going to start mapping out an endgame to the series.  It's got to be around the time for contract renewals and it seems like a lot of the actors are probably ready to move on.   I'm sure they'll throw the CW equivalent of ludicrous money at GG but the rest of the older cast members are probably going to have a hard cap when it comes to raises and other perks. 

There was an interview early in the summer where Grant said he was in negotiations around the time everything shut down; and he mentioned that he'd probably do at least one more season after Season 7. I think there's a good chance he'd do a (shortened?) season 9, if there is one.

As for the rest of the cast, I think Carlos and Jesse are the most likely not to renew their contracts. (Not that I want Jesse/Joe to leave, but I'm surprised he has stayed so long.) Tom C. seems willing to stay as long as they let him; but if they actually wrap up Reverse Flash's story, I can see him going. Everyone else I think is staying put.

Edited by Trini
4 hours ago, BeautifulFlower said:

Sooo... does this mean Sue will be a regular next season?

Also, I'm getting the feeling that her story is kind of separated from the rest of the cast. So while it's good there's another woman around, if she's not having stories with the other women, then the show is continuing it's tradition of being terrible with female relationships.

How they're handling the situation with Ralph is pretty much how most people expected; a recast to tie up his storyline, then he's gone.

I don't think that means Sue will be a regular. She'll probably recur. They hyped up her character so much last year but she only showed up in three episodes. I see her being treated like Amunet was in season 4. I am just relieved they aren't recasting Ralph as the show has too many regulars already.

I hope the character who is going on an emotional journey is either Cisco or Joe. They need something to do and I wouldn't be mad if they hijacked what was supposed to be a Ralph storyline.

• Love 2

https://ew.com/tv/the-flash-joe-west-season-7-eric-wallace/

In a recent interview with showrunner Eric Wallace, EW asked if the ongoing discussions about how law enforcement is depicted in pop culture, sparked by the wave of nationwide social justice protests, will impact the CW super-drama given that two of its main characters work for the police force. Joe West (Jesse L. Martin) is captain of the Central City Police Department and Barry Allen (Grant Gustin), who moonlights as the titular Scarlet Speedster, is a forensic scientist. Without going into specifics, Wallace confirmed Joe will have a topical story line in season 7.

"Joe’s story line this season is inspired by the societal changes happening in today’s world," Wallace told EW. "Because with everything we’re all waking up to each day in 2020, I felt there was a great opportunity here — even within our fantastical, family-oriented show — to comment indirectly on truths folks could easily recognize. And do so in an entertaining way."

While Wallace didn't share too many details about the plot, he teased it will test Team Flash's beloved father figure like never before.

"As we're working our way through Joe's wonderful story line this year, Joe gets challenged by the events of the world that are going on nowadays. Of course, in a sci-fi superhero way, because we're on a superhero show. And he really rises up," he said. "I'm so proud of the character and I'm so excited for Jesse to take Joe in just a little bit of a new direction. Because Joe's a good man with a good heart. And if he sees injustice, he's not a person who turns a blind eye to it. He's a person who says something and does something."

He continued: "I'm happy to report that we're working that actually into the scripts right now. It's not in the first batch. It's more in the middle of season 7. It will be very obvious as Joe goes through these changes and ends up in a place that's unexpected for him, but that is honorable and very aware of today's problems from a law perspective. So it's made the storytelling for his character's story line, I think, the most exciting thing that I've been able to write for him since I've been the showrunner. I just can't wait for folks to see it."

Wallace, who joined the series in season 4 and was promoted to showrunner ahead of season 6, admits he never anticipated taking Joe in this direction. "We were laughing about it the other day in the writers' room. We're like, 'I never saw this story coming for Joe. How cool was this? And how interesting that we can actually comment on what's happening in the world, but do it in a fun, lighter, [and] entertaining way?' It just makes our show richer and it makes the character, I think, richer. And it makes us love him even more," Wallace said.

---

Yeah, I'm already getting bad vibes from him wanting to do a story about "today's problems" and "injustice" but in a "fun" and "entertaining way". I haven't forgotten how they did one episode about Cecile changing her career to supposedly help metahumans get a fair chance at justice -- and then they did NOTHING with that.

This just isn't a 'topical' show. In any case, judging by past statements, this will probably be a one-episode subplot. And then if production actually goes smoothly as planned (no guarantee) this story probably won't be seen until mid-spring, and who knows if it will still be topical?

• Love 5
On 9/10/2020 at 11:20 PM, Trini said:

https://ew.com/tv/the-flash-joe-west-season-7-eric-wallace/

---

Yeah, I'm already getting bad vibes from him wanting to do a story about "today's problems" and "injustice" but in a "fun" and "entertaining way". I haven't forgotten how they did one episode about Cecile changing her career to supposedly help metahumans get a fair chance at justice -- and then they did NOTHING with that.

This just isn't a 'topical' show. In any case, judging by past statements, this will probably be a one-episode subplot. And then if production actually goes smoothly as planned (no guarantee) this story probably won't be seen until mid-spring, and who knows if it will still be topical?

I don't believe anything that man says.

Here's a thread of the things from The Flash extended panel at Dc Fandome

• Love 2
6 hours ago, BeautifulFlower said:

I don't believe anything that man says.

Heh -- I mean, I don't think he's a liar like some previous showrunners; I think he's sincere when he says things, it's that what he says doesn't line up with reality or the audience's viewpoint.

• Love 3

What might be in store for Cisco

They can spin it however they like, Cisco giving up his powers was stupid.  There were so many logical ways to get to a powerless Cisco (Crisis, side effects, a meta that drains abilities, etc.) that didn't require him to decide that being able to travel anywhere in an instant and help fight the baddies was suddenly this curse. 

Maybe he'll tell Barry that losing his speed is the best thing that will ever happen to him, and now that Superman and Supergirl are on the same Earth he doesn't have to worry about leaving things undefended.  Or he should just move to the crime free paradise that is Star City.

• Love 4

DP said that we will see Frost go on a date. I find it a bit odd that they decided to give the character her first love interest now that they may ban kissing scenes because of COVID. But I guess with Frost they may play it for laughs and make her afraid she could freeze the guy or girl to death.

11 minutes ago, Starry said:

DP said that we will see Frost go on a date. I find it a bit odd that they decided to give the character her first love interest now that they may ban kissing scenes because of COVID. But I guess with Frost they may play it for laughs and make her afraid she could freeze the guy or girl to death.

It is ridiculous that Caitlin has gone so long having to be single but I feel like this will just be messy. What if Caitlin and Frost dont like the man the other is interested in seeing? Do they date 2 different guys? The storyline was already messy and this will just make it even more so.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

It is ridiculous that Caitlin has gone so long having to be single but I feel like this will just be messy. What if Caitlin and Frost dont like the man the other is interested in seeing? Do they date 2 different guys? The storyline was already messy and this will just make it even more so.

Agreed; plus there are issues of consent to deal with, too. If Cait isn't attracted to the man, does she consent to allow Killer Frost to kiss or have intimate relations that Cait wouldn't want for herself? The writers have no clue about important issues like police corruption (Patty Spivot), informed medical consent (Grodd), legal adoption/fostering (Joe/Barry), white privilege (Caitlin Snow/KF); so, I have zero faith in them dealing with issues of sexual consent or police brutality.

Even in the scenario of them dating two different guys, don't the guys need to know that the one body is being shared by two personalities? Don't the guys need to know that the one body is having intimate relations with another guy? I mean, it's not cheating, but what guy would be OK with that? Or perhaps it'll be a big love, polygamy type of plot.

Edited by adora721
  • Love 2

These are the same writers who had Barry share a bed with a fake version of his wife. It's a sci-fi show and they never cared about people's inability to give consent. But I absolutely agree that Frost trying to date someone while sharing a body with Caitlin is just gross. This is another reason why I was never on board with Frost being a separate persona and not a manifestation of Caitlin's darkest impulses.

I guess with Caitlin they spent so many years having her date the new guy on the team they then decided to go in the opposite direction and keep her single for more seasons than necessary. There's also the fact that they made Frost her primary relationship until she chose to take a backseat and have Frost take over for most of season 6. At this point I don't think the writers even care about Caitlin anymore. She was barely a character this past season and it's obvious they are way more interested in writing for Frost. But I hope they give Caitlin some lines to at least acknowledge how awkward the situation with Frost and her love interest is. I expect it to be played for laughs though.

• Love 3
On 9/14/2020 at 10:17 AM, cambridgeguy said:

They can spin it however they like, Cisco giving up his powers was stupid.  There were so many logical ways to get to a powerless Cisco (Crisis, side effects, a meta that drains abilities, etc.) that didn't require him to decide that being able to travel anywhere in an instant and help fight the baddies was suddenly this curse. 

So stupid. I assume the reason the writers de-powered him was because he was too powerful, and that makes solving problems too easy. But they could have just lessened his powers; maybe to one specific skill.

But back to next season; speaking of stupid decisions regarding powers -- I was appalled to hear that they're going to transform Cecile's (completely unnecessary) powers yet again. Like she doesn't have an entire family - including an infant daughter - and a supposed career that they could use to generate stories for her.

No comment on filler for Caitlin/Frost.

Edited by Trini
gah! dropped word
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

I don't care for the Killer Frost date thing. I don't believe a word of it. It may or may not happen, but I don't care. All this shows to me is that they really have no idea what to do with either character. I get this show is a steady paycheck, but DP shouldn't renew her contract after this season. I would be HAPPY to see her gone. Seriously, who would want to continue on a show where she gets nothing in a storyline. She's basically a background character.

22 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

It is ridiculous that Caitlin has gone so long having to be single but I feel like this will just be messy. 

Remember Danielle didn't want a new love interest starting in season 3. She didn't want to be paired with Julian, but they decided against her. Remember both she and Hartley put a stop to Caitlin dating Ralph. I don't know why things are possibly changing now.

18 hours ago, Trini said:

But back to next season; speaking of stupid decisions regarding powers -- I was appalled to hear that they're going to transform Cecile's (completely unnecessary) powers yet again. Like she doesn't an entire family - including an infant daughter - and a supposed career that they could use to generate stories for her.

I get they most likely made Dani a regular just to have her on contract to appear when they need her. However, that was a huge mistake. They haven't done anything with Cecile.

Why say her powers were disappearing after the baby was born only to evolve them into empath powers? Cecile is boring. I'm tired of seeing and hearing her feel emotions. When she first got her powers, it was supposed to serve only as a plot device to defeat devoe. Who made the decision to keep them permanent?

• Love 3

I don't care for Caitlin Frost but I don't agree that she's treated like a background character with no story. She's the supporting character who gets the most outside of maybe Wells. DP is the actor who's been in the most episodes outside of Grant and Candice and they are the lead and leading lady respectively. Her storylines may not be good (and that's subjective) but that's no real reason for leaving when other people are treated much worse than her.

I personally think that Caitlin Frost gets too much. Especially when I compare it to other supporting characters like Joe or Cisco. Joe especially has been getting scraps since season 3. Does that mean JLM shouldn't renew his contract?

This is a cushy gig with plenty of perks. In Danielle's case they accommodated her to the point they filmed her scenes for 6x17, 6x18 and 6x19 all in one week just so she wouldn't miss too many episodes before going on maternity leave.

As for the love interest thing, DP said she was open to getting a love interest in season 6.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Starry said:

I don't care for Caitlin Frost but I don't agree that she's treated like a background character with no story. She's the supporting character who gets the most outside of maybe Wells. DP is the actor who's been in the most episodes outside of Grant and Candice and they are the lead and leading lady respectively. Her storylines may not be good (and that's subjective) but that's no real reason for leaving when other people are treated much worse than her.

I want her to leave. That's my number one wish. Anyway, by background I mean her storylines could be considered background at best. Season 5 was the only season since season 3 were she had a subplot in consistent episodes. And that was only for the first half as we had a big gap (13 episodes) until dealing with her Caitlin's father again. Season 4 and season 6, Caitlin wasn't even there. Killer Frost plots had no bearing on the overall story. Seriously, she just stands and spouts whatever plot device is needed. In my opinion, she is background like everybody else. The problem is like you said is that she gets more than the other supporting characters. It's still not much though.

1 hour ago, Starry said:

I personally think that Caitlin Frost gets too much. Especially when I compare it to other supporting characters like Joe or Cisco. Joe especially has been getting scraps since season 3. Does that mean JLM shouldn't renew his contract?

Honestly.......yes. We've all said this show needs to cut down. Cisco, Joe, Cecile, Caitlin, Wells can go. They all serve no purpose anymore. 

• Love 3

Caitlin/KF is basically following the same arc as Laurel from Arrow.  They got tired of having the original version (goody two shoes civilian) so they swapped them out for the action versions.  As an added bonus, they clearly LOVE having at least one snarky jackass in scenes (see some of the various Wells), so KF can slide right into that niche whenever Nash is away.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, BeautifulFlower said:

I don't care for the Killer Frost date thing. I don't believe a word of it. It may or may not happen, but I don't care. All this shows to me is that they really have no idea what to do with either character. I get this show is a steady paycheck, but DP shouldn't renew her contract after this season. I would be HAPPY to see her gone. Seriously, who would want to continue on a show where she gets nothing in a storyline. She's basically a background character.

Remember Danielle didn't want a new love interest starting in season 3. She didn't want to be paired with Julian, but they decided against her. Remember both she and Hartley put a stop to Caitlin dating Ralph. I don't know why things are possibly changing now.

I wouldnt call Caitlin/KF a background character, she gets plenty of screentime, it isnt like Arrow/Laurel who they'd give 5mins of screentime an episode and throw her out for majority of the season.

Did she request no new love interests? Didnt know that. They really screwed up with not allowing her/Ronnie to have an actual relationship.

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Did she request no new love interests? Didnt know that. They really screwed up with not allowing her/Ronnie to have an actual relationship.

Ronnie dying really took away half of her potential stories. I think they would have done something with SnowStorm if Robbie Amell had committed to the show. (As I recall, it was his decision to focus on movies/other projects. To me it was clear they wanted Firestorm to be major recurring character.) Now they just recycle plots for Frost.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Trini said:

Ronnie dying really took away half of her potential stories. I think they would have done something with SnowStorm if Robbie Amell had committed to the show. (As I recall, it was his decision to focus on movies/other projects. To me it was clear they wanted Firestorm to be major recurring character.) Now they just recycle plots for Frost.

Yeah they really should've just recast him. With Crisis and Arrow bringing 90% of its dead people back.....your turn Flash.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, BeautifulFlower said:

I want her to leave. That's my number one wish.

That's your prerogative. I am just saying that when I look at it from Danielle's perspective I understand why she's not leaving.

16 hours ago, BeautifulFlower said:

Anyway, by background I mean her storylines could be considered background at best. Season 5 was the only season since season 3 were she had a subplot in consistent episodes. And that was only for the first half as we had a big gap (13 episodes) until dealing with her Caitlin's father again.

I am sure many actors wish they could get that much. Seriously, that's not that bad when you consider that she's a supporting actress whose character has no bearing on the main arc of the season.

Even the fact that they twisted themselves into a pretzel to keep Frost on the team while Carlos had to lose Vibe is evidence of how good DP has it compared to others.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, BeautifulFlower said:

I want her to leave. That's my number one wish.

Well, season 7 is the end of her contract (along with everyone else's). After that, it's not about her choosing to leave, it's about CW/WB choosing to extend that contract. If CW/WB chooses to keep her, I hope they transfer her to "Star Girl" or "Doom Patrol"; that's the next best option for me.

I want to elaborate on something I said earlier. It's about me not believing anything Eric says. My stance still stands.

I've looked at some of his old interviews. That man said we would see episodes of Killer Frost and Allegra relationship in 6b. That didn't really happen. That was actually Nash and Allegra.

Team citizen would be getting into trouble in the back half. Not really.

I can't trust a word he says. He's not outright lying but he speaks like a mystery.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, BeautifulFlower said:

That man said we would see episodes of Killer Frost and Allegra relationship in 6b. That didn't really happen.

Was that the one Valentine episode? And why an Allegra and KF relationship? What do they have in common? Why have they made Allegra another KF coddler and cheerleader?

Plus didn't Eric say that Iris would have a mentor/mentee relationship with Allegra? That would make more sense, and we've seen none of that. 

• Love 3
On 9/16/2020 at 5:50 PM, adora721 said:

Well, season 7 is the end of her contract (along with everyone else's). After that, it's not about her choosing to leave, it's about CW/WB choosing to extend that contract. If CW/WB chooses to keep her, I hope they transfer her to "Star Girl" or "Doom Patrol"; that's the next best option for me.

I doubt they'd do that. I think it's the Flash or nothing for DP, even LOT brings in it's own original characters (mostly) these days. She wouldn't bring anything to the table for them and they have a lot of their own characters that could benefit from more screentime/exploration. 

I don't particularly see what either bring to the table beyond the snark and exposition but I wouldn't be surprised if DP wants to renew her contract that they do so, provided she doesn't ask for an astronomical raise. 

The best thing they could have done for the character was to bring back "her" version of Ronnie in a different body via Crisis. He knows and loves her and also knows about sharing your mind and body with a very different type of person.  That might actually generate some interest. 

I'm still of the opinion that whilst she has had screen time most of her plots can be lifted out of the show with very little effort and don't actually explore the character - see Caitlin being gone for episodes at a time in S6 with no exploration of how that made her feel. Lather, rinse and repeat the next ep. No effort anywhere.

• Love 2

I don't know if any of you follows Victoria Park on social media but a couple days ago she posted an Instagram story about this being her last week in Vancouver. She also said that she was staying there for six weeks only in one of her Youtube videos.

I think that what was supposed to be the season finale (now 7x03) is going to be Kamilla's last episode. That or they are sending her away for a very long time.

• Useful 1

Aw man, I hope not! That would be another one of Cisco's relationships down the drain because they wouldn't make his love interest a regular. It's probably really hard to hold on to a recurring actor now, with international travel restrictions/quarantines because of Covid.

And then that also means that CC Citizen is down one employee... SIGH...

Edited by Trini

I hope they won't kill her off. They've just fridged Cisco's ex it would be awful to do the same thing to his current girlfriend. Especially now that they've said she's the love of his life. But unless Carlos is leaving as well I don't see how they could just send Kamilla away. Maybe they'll use her time in the Mirrorverse to change her and break them up.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Starry said:

... unless Carlos is leaving as well ...

😩 Nooo --- this is my other fear. I would get it, but there are so many other people who need to leave before Carlos.

11 hours ago, Trini said:

😩 Nooo --- this is my other fear. I would get it, but there are so many other people who need to leave before Carlos.

Those other people don't want to leave 😂

Speaking of, Canadagraphs has already spotted DP on set. She was supposed to be gone for three episodes but I am pretty sure she'll now miss the premiere only. I also believe they are replacing some of Ralph's scenes with Caitlin and/or Frost content.

10 hours ago, Starry said:

I also believe they are replacing some of Ralph's scenes with Caitlin and/or Frost content.

I wonder who they're going to pair Sue with after Ralph is gone? No matter who it is, they're not going to have the same dynamics and chemistry as with her and Ralph. I'm just afraid it's going to end up being awkward and even more isolating for Sue.

On 10/29/2020 at 1:17 PM, Starry said:

I hope they won't kill her off. They've just fridged Cisco's ex it would be awful to do the same thing to his current girlfriend. Especially now that they've said she's the love of his life. But unless Carlos is leaving as well I don't see how they could just send Kamilla away. Maybe they'll use her time in the Mirrorverse to change her and break them up.

Isn't this supposed to be a fun show?  That doesn't exactly match up with Cisco moping all season because his girlfriend has been murdered.  She can just be off screen all the time working on important CC Citizen business, but that's what you get when there are a grand total of three people working for a newspaper.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Trini said:

I wonder who they're going to pair Sue with after Ralph is gone? No matter who it is, they're not going to have the same dynamics and chemistry as with her and Ralph. I'm just afraid it's going to end up being awkward and even more isolating for Sue.

I still don't think Sue is going to be a big part of season 7. In my opinion they'll use the new Ralph to wrap up her storyline and send her away and if everything works out she'll come back for a mini-arc later down the line.

2 hours ago, cambridgeguy said:

Isn't this supposed to be a fun show?  That doesn't exactly match up with Cisco moping all season because his girlfriend has been murdered.  She can just be off screen all the time working on important CC Citizen business, but that's what you get when there are a grand total of three people working for a newspaper.

It's depressing but if Victoria is not coming back and Carlos is staying I don't see how they can get a happy ending. The show has never kept a character off screen without an explanation. I assume they can send Kamilla away to stay with her parents for a while and if the actress is available she can eventually come back.

I do worry about the lack of employees for the Citizen. The show doesn't have the budget to expand that set and hire more extras. I think that's part of the reason why they had Iris quit in season 4 and made her the leader of Team Flash. But it's not a situation that can be sustained long-term. If the newspaper is supposed to be successful then it makes no sense for Iris to have a small office and a couple employees only. They'll have to find a way to work around it.

And now everything is being complicated by a virus that doesn't seem to be going away any time soon. Speaking of, I wonder if Tom C. and Danielle P. will direct some episodes this season. With the pandemic still being an issue they said local directors were going to take precedence.

7 hours ago, Starry said:

I still don't think Sue is going to be a big part of season 7. In my opinion they'll use the new Ralph to wrap up her storyline and send her away and if everything works out she'll come back for a mini-arc later down the line.

I do worry about the lack of employees for the Citizen. The show doesn't have the budget to expand that set and hire more extras. I think that's part of the reason why they had Iris quit in season 4 and made her the leader of Team Flash. But it's not a situation that can be sustained long-term. If the newspaper is supposed to be successful then it makes no sense for Iris to have a small office and a couple employees only. They'll have to find a way to work around it.

I thought it was obvious they had Iris quit in season 4, because they focused more on Star Labs. Remember in that season, almost the entire episode took place in SL. Just like with Joe and Barry, these writers don't really care about the stuff outside of SL. We barely see Joe and Barry at work. Anyway, fans kept asking about Iris job at CCPN. I don't think even Candice knew her character had quit. It was obvious they came up with that Savitar ordeal made Iris quit just to satisfy fans questions. 

I hated that aspect in season 4. They just wanted everything to occur in SL. Ever since season 2, the writing was just not interested in Iris journalism. Everything must be about Star Labs.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, BeautifulFlower said:

Ever since season 2, the writing was just not interested in Iris journalism. Everything must be about Star Labs.

It started as a way keep "Team Flash" front and center, and sideline Iris and Joe, and they stuck to their formula. 

12 hours ago, Starry said:

It's depressing but if Victoria is not coming back and Carlos is staying I don't see how they can get a happy ending. The show has never kept a character off screen without an explanation. I assume they can send Kamilla away to stay with her parents for a while and if the actress is available she can eventually come back.

Respectfully disagree; they do this all the time. But I agree they would give an explanation for Kamilla's absence if Victoria won't be around for a while. In theory, Cisco and Kamilla could have a long-distance relationship if she moves to another city; but I doubt these writers would make the effort. So A breakup is likely -- I would love them to surprise me with something better, though.

They've already expanded the set (breakroom, courtyard(?)), they could redress those, and maybe take over Cecile's office set too. No other employees is definitely a problem, though. I might be able to buy that Iris has other people who work outside that office -- but again, the writers would have to put in the effort to sell that by putting that info in scenes and dialogue.

And now everything is being complicated by a virus that doesn't seem to be going away any time soon. Speaking of, I wonder if Tom C. and Danielle P. will direct some episodes this season. With the pandemic still being an issue they said local directors were going to take precedence.

This would be smart. And if it means less of their characters onscreen, bonus! But I don't know if Danielle P. would take that on again with a new baby.

Edited by Trini

As for Sue, yeah, they haven't made her a regular, so she'll be recurring, but then how feasible is that since she's not based in Canada?

BTW, here's Wallace's comments on the plans for her and Ralph -- but take with a bowl of salt, not just because it's Wallace talking, but the pandemic, etc. could have changed plans:

"In order to wrap that up [Sue framed for murder story], which we're going to do at the top of season 7, Ralph has to be part of that. Now thank goodness, Ralph is a guy who can change faces and his appearance in many ways. Without giving any spoilers away, there are a couple of ways that we can have Elongated Man still appear in at least one episode this season to wrap that storyline up, that gets us what we need and still allows fans to say goodbye to the character, at least for the indefinite future," said Wallace.

So is the show recasting the role for the season 7 premiere? "It's funny, I guess technically it would be a recasting, but the character won't be a big part of season 7. He'll only be a part of just wrapping up the Sue storyline," said the executive producer. "Yes, one could say it is a recasting, but we're going to do it in a way that I think honors the spirit of the character and provides not only a satisfying conclusion to Sue's murder mystery, but also it's done with some humor."

"There was a whole storyline that involved Ralph with another character in particular going off on a two hander journey a season-long [arc] that would have involved a whole bunch of twists and turns that would have played into the season's big bad, which I don't want to spoil. And yeah, we can't do that anymore," he said. "However, as is always the case, and this is why I like planning ahead, it turns out to be a situation of some lemons and we made lemonade out of it. We pulled the Elongated Man out of this particular storyline, and the storyline became so much stronger because now it's focused on the other character, [who] I don't want to reveal because it's a surprise."

He continued: "For that other character, it became a much more of an emotional journey. And this other character I'm referring to is one of our series regulars, so it's going to be very exciting. That particular character now gets to go somewhere that we never imagined they would until many seasons down the line, but we just pulled that up. So I think it's going to be really fun. And it was a good way to, like I said, make an awkward situation into a great opportunity that ends up making Team Flash as a whole, stronger."

"You're going to see Sue more than once this year even without the Elongated Man — on her own, making appearances, and helping Team Flash in an unexpected way. And it's just going to be hilarious because she was so much fun," he said.

Keeping Sue in the mix was "one of the easiest decisions I've ever had to make as a showrunner," said Wallace. "I called up Natalie and said, 'Don't worry, you're still going to be part of this season. We'll find a way.' Now, when I told her that, to be honest, I wasn't quite sure [how]. But I am happy to report we found a way."

"Now we can expand her character and give her more backstory and more growth in ways that we hadn't initially planned. [It's] really exciting to see how she's going to interact more with Team Flash once her name has been cleared — because we are going to clear her name obviously. But then what's the reason for her to come back to Central City? And that's going to be a bit of her story this season," said Wallace. "You try to take lemons and make lemonade, and suddenly, now Sue's possibilities are wide open. And we have a particular storyline that she's going to help us out with, [specifically] with one of our villains this season that we would have never gotten to had not the circumstances changed. So it is going to be, I think, fun and unexpected for the audience, as much as it was for us to write."

• Useful 1
17 hours ago, BeautifulFlower said:

thought it was obvious they had Iris quit in season 4, because they focused more on Star Labs. Remember in that season, almost the entire episode took place in SL. Just like with Joe and Barry, these writers don't really care about the stuff outside of SL. We barely see Joe and Barry at work. Anyway, fans kept asking about Iris job at CCPN. I don't think even Candice knew her character had quit. It was obvious they came up with that Savitar ordeal made Iris quit just to satisfy fans questions. 

I hated that aspect in season 4. They just wanted everything to occur in SL. Ever since season 2, the writing was just not interested in Iris journalism. Everything must be about Star Labs.

There's another advantage to staying in Star Labs all the time - no need to pay extras to hang out in the background.  After all, Star Labs is secure (snicker) and unlike every other lab on the planet is perfectly capable of running smoothly with only a couple of people working there.  It's been seven years since the particle accelerator incident so of course a world class research lab is still mostly deserted - nothing odd about that at all.

Looking at this quote from Wallace again, I'm thinking the series regular that was going to be paired with Ralph is Allegra? I just don't think this is something he would say about a character that has been here since day one (almost all the other regulars); also I think that she is more likely to have a connection to the villain (Godspeed - or whoever) than Chester.

He continued: "For that other character, it became a much more of an emotional journey. And this other character I'm referring to is one of our series regulars, so it's going to be very exciting. That particular character now gets to go somewhere that we never imagined they would until many seasons down the line, but we just pulled that up. So I think it's going to be really fun. And it was a good way to, like I said, make an awkward situation into a great opportunity that ends up making Team Flash as a whole, stronger."

On 9/15/2020 at 10:56 AM, Starry said:

As for the love interest thing, DP said she was open to getting a love interest in season 6.

She's finally resigned to the fact that Cait won't be supplanting Iris West-Allen. I hope the SB fans finally give up, too. They'll blow a gasket when KF/Cait are kissing someone else without trying to murder them like last time😂 (Poor Julian and Barry got the murder kiss!)

On 10/31/2020 at 5:28 PM, Trini said:

In theory, Cisco and Kamilla could have a long-distance relationship if she moves to another city; but I doubt these writers would make the effort. So A breakup is likely -- I would love them to surprise me with something better, though.

If only Cisco had powers that could transport him to see his beloved in a heartbeat across long distances.... Oh right!🙄

• LOL 1

Sigh-  It sucks that because they can't give away the ending for Season 6(7.01-7.03) we're probably not going to get any real info for Season 7 for a while. By now (a few months before the premiere), we'd have at least some casting news, or news of new characters/villains. Most of the other shows have had some of that. Only Supergirl is more sparse, and that's mostly because it's lead isn't even filming now. Okay, and maybe Black Lightning, but that show has always had less press.