Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion

Lisin
  • Start Topic

Wallace expands a bit about Cisco in the E!Online interview: https://www.eonline.com/ap/news/1119473/the-flash-is-growing-up-with-a-new-zest-for-life-after-the-crossover

The new world is going to hit Cisco particularly hard, since his own powers were extremely connected to the multiverse. Wallace says the changes are "going to make him question his entire existence, his entire place in life." 

He's got a "big journey" to go on throughout the rest of the season because of how connected to the multiverse he is. 

"It's going to mess with him in a big way, and it's going to send him on...he's going to go on a little walkabout, a sojourn, a journey to discover his place in this new world. And I think of all the members of Team Flash, Cisco's gonna take this the hardest and have to do the most soul-searching—him and Barry, specifically." 

Coming up later in the season, Wallace says there's a two-parter that will address the question of making sure the show doesn't erase six seasons of story with all the new histories that Earth-Prime has created. 

"We have a guest star I won't reveal who is a guest villain from The Flash's past, from the first season, who we haven't seen in a long time, and that person shows up different, but we don't know it at first, which is why we make mistakes on Team Flash," Wallace says. "It leads us into a great story when this person from the past comes back. It lets us understand what it really means to be living in a world that you thought you knew and you don't anymore." 

So with characters being "different" now, they don't have the excuse of not being able to book the original actor anymore.

One of those surprises includes the return of Keiynan Lonsdale as Wally West/Kid Flash, and apparently Wally is doing extremely well in an episode Wallace says is "extremely intense." 

"We filmed that episode. It is phenomenal, I'm just gonna put it out there. You're gonna see some growth and some change in Kid Flash that I think has been a long time coming, that both myself and Keiynan...we were just giggling about it. We're like, this is terrific, the shackles have been taken off, we can do stuff with this character we couldn't do before, how amazing is this?" 

I let out the biggest bitter laugh when I read this:

Let me just say, the first graphic novel, "Blood and Truth," even thought it was an Iris-Barry story, it was very Barry-centric.

No. The first graphic novel wasn't a Barry-centric Iris-Barry story. Fans, casual viewers and haters alike were all wondering what happened to WestAllen.

The second graphic novel isn't going to be an Iris-centric Barry-Iris story any more than the first graphic novel was a Barry-centric Iris-Barry story.

But I am going to enjoy the two episodes I am going to get.

12 hours ago, Trini said:

First of all, Oliver being the 'leader' was only relevant at crossover time, so I don't see how that's going to be important for Barry on his own show. Plus, Guggenheim is still charge of the annual crossover, and he was already positioning Sara Lance as the 'new Oliver', so good luck with that, Wallace.

Right. Guggenheim couldn't care less about this show and its characters. I have hopes Barry is going to showcase real leadership skills during the Flash portion but other than that, he provided the heroes with a place to stay. His job is done. Time to go back to angsting over Oliver, pep talking Sara and propping up Guggenheim's characters.

But I need Barry to at least lead his own team.

• Love 2

Guggenheim still has a lot of bosses and doesn't come up with the storyline for the crossover. Berlanti is often the one who comes up with a lot of key points. Sara won't be in charge (or Barry or Kara or Clark) unless everyone higher than him agrees, even if he is show running.

Most of the shows write their own characters the best and apart from a couple of switches (Supergirl and Flash COEX) it's always been very obvious which show/writing staff is which episode in the crossovers.

3 hours ago, Featherhat said:

Guggenheim still has a lot of bosses and doesn't come up with the storyline for the crossover. Berlanti is often the one who comes up with a lot of key points. Sara won't be in charge (or Barry or Kara or Clark) unless everyone higher than him agrees, even if he is show running.

No need to defend him, his preferences and biases have been made very clear over the years. He's in charge. Yes, I'm sure "everyone" "agrees" on certain things; but the higher ups are not very involved and don't handle the details. Clearly, certain producers have more power than others, and just because there's a consensus it doesn't mean everyone is happy with certain decisions, or gets what they want. (Hello, double wedding!)

And Guggenheim has already pitched the next crossover story to Berlanti and the network.

• Love 2

Anyway, post-mortem comments from Wallace claim that Cisco/Carlos isn't leaving the show. The article here seems to imply that Carlos has another gig. (I hope so.)

excerpts:

“He’s not going anywhere. He is an integral part of ‘Graphic Novel #2.’ We love Cisco, so it was just practical in that sense. I don’t want fans to think Cisco is leaving the show. It’s not that at all,” says Wallace. “What’s great is what he’s going to off to explore on this journey of self-discovery — and we don’t go on that journey necessarily; the journey more comes back to us with his return — actually informs the rest of his emotional arc for the rest of the season, which we will learn when he returns in a few episodes.”

"Emotional arc" - sure, Eric.

About Iris and Black Hole:

“The biggest villain, really, of ‘Graphic Novel #2,’ we met that person: that’s Joseph Carver,” showrunner Eric Wallace tells EW. “We’ve seen what a bad guy he is already. It’s just the tip of the iceberg, the whole Black Hole story, and this conspiracy thriller aspect that we have going on. … Every week as the season goes on, we’re gonna see another layer of the onion peeled back of what being Black Hole really means, <...>

“You can’t have an Alice in Wonderland story without seeing Alice in Wonderland on the other side of the looking glass, and exploring the other side of the looking glass is a huge part of ‘Graphic Novel #2.’ It’s one of the most interesting and exciting parts,” says Wallace. “Without giving away too many spoilers, sometimes reality isn’t what you think it is. Perception of what you think is real doesn’t necessarily mean it’s real. So it’s very strange.”

Next episode promo:

WestAllen! So Barry notices something is wrong with Iris, I'm wondering how long it will take for him to figure it all out, though.

But what did happen to Iris? Is this actually someone else, or is her mind taken over? Is it a Rainbow Raider mind-whammy situation?

I just hope the WestAllen stuff is good enough for me to tolerate Amunet.

• Love 1

Reminder of the character descriptions of the two recurring female characters joining soon:

“Possessing a fierce intelligence and a spitfire personality, Sue Dearbon is the daughter to one of Central City’s most wealthy families. But there’s much more to Sue than just the socialite reputation that always precedes her, which master detective Ralph Dibny will discover when they finally meet later this season.”

“A quantum engineer and co-founder of McCulloch Technologies, Eva McCulloch is a scientific genius who works on the bleeding edge. Eva has been away from Central City for many years. But a chance meeting with Iris West-Allen results in a surprising alliance that pushes the boundaries of sanity, while also uncovering a vast conspiracy to take down Team Flash and its allies.”

Next week we see how the "boundaries of sanity" get pushed.

20 minutes ago, Trini said:

... And Hartley deleted the tweet. So whatever that contraption was it's showing up between now and episode 18. I think that's what episode they're up to now.

A fan has the video that was also posted on Instagram (before also being deleted):

Synopsis for 6.13, "Grodd Friended Me":

"Grodd Friended Me" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, LV) (HDTV)

GRODD RETURNS - Feeling overwhelmed with all the changes since Crisis, Barry (Grant Gustin) conducts an experiment that goes awry and puts him directly in Gorilla Grodd's (voiced by David Sobolov) path. Expecting the worst, Barry is surprised when Grodd asks for his help. Unfortunately for both The Flash and Grodd, things get worse when another villain appears - Solovar (voiced by Keith David).

Meanwhile, Iris (Candice Patton) works with Eva (guest star Efrat Dor) to escape the Mirrorverse.

Stefan Pleszczynski directed the episode written by Kristen Kim & Joshua V. Gilbert (#613). Original airdate 2/25/2020.

----

I have many questions! More thoughts later...

• Useful 2

"Grodd Friended Me" - ....

I like that Iris is still being mentioned in the synopses, so it does seem like she and her story will be consistent throughout the rest of the season.

However, this is a Grodd episode and it's written by two of the writers I trust the least, so I'm keeping expectations low.

So the big question is: Is Iris in the "Mirrorverse" this whole time?? Who is this other Iris and what is she up to?? Does anyone else know? Who is running her newspaper?

Maybe Barry's experiment (yay, Barry being a scientist!) has to do with trying to find or help Iris?

It really sounds like the show is stepping into Fringe territory. Wouldn't be the first time. (One of that show's writers/producers was actually with this show for a bit.) This is similar to Season 3 of Fringe, where the leading lady was trapped in an alternate universe and her doppelganger took her place. In that show her boyfriend found out too late; I hope Barry figures it out much sooner. They need to parallel to when Iris knew Barry was not himself in 6.08.

This all sounds really interesting; but now I'm a little concerned about what all the other supporting characters will be doing. Also Black Hole hasn't been mentioned again in these synopses.

I am going to be annoyed if Barry doesn't realize that isn't the real Iris. In the trailer he notices that she's not acting like herself and considering that they live in a world where the craziest things happen and that Iris was investigating a shady company he should figure it out pretty soon. Unless Mirror!Iris finds a way to act exactly like the real Iris and manages to fool them all. But I'd rather Barry find out soon and the following episodes are about him trying to get her back.

I don't like it when characters are dumbed down for plot and I need this to be a WestAllen story. I don't want Barry to be fooled by a fake version of Iris or get distracted by Grodd/Team Flash drama while his wife is stuck in a mirror. That's not a good look. Give me my 6x07 parallel!

But I am excited about the Iris parts and her alliance with Eva. Not sure why there's a Mirror!Iris but no Mirror!Eva. Can't wait to see what the Mirrorverse looks like.

Since Wallace talked about Barry and Iris going to some crazy places can I look forward to Barry entering the Mirrorverse too?

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Starry said:

I am going to be annoyed if Barry doesn't realize that isn't the real Iris. ...

I don't like it when characters are dumbed down for plot and I need this to be a WestAllen story. I don't want Barry to be fooled by a fake version of Iris or get distracted by Grodd/Team Flash drama while his wife is stuck in a mirror. That's not a good look. Give me my 6x07 parallel!

6B is off to a good start, but Wallace is on thin ice when it comes to WestAllen. I need this for my Valentine's episode!

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Trini said:

6.11 preview clip: https://ew.com/tv/2020/02/10/the-flash-6x11-clip-iris-barry-date-amunet-black/

They didn't even get their appetizer! 😩  Anyway, Barry better figure this Imposter Iris situation quick. It shouldn't last past one episode.

But if this is a "mirror" version of Iris, how does that make her know Italian? This makes me this that this Iris is someone else, or being controlled by someone else.

Keyword being mirror. When we look in a mirror, everything is the opposite. Mirror Iris is the opposite of the real Iris. Real Iris probably didn't learn Italian.

I saw the clip. This fake Iris is already messing up. She stumbled when Barry asked her when could she speak Italian. It looked like she had to fumble for a believable answer.

25 minutes ago, Maverick said:

Which, come on.  The answer is obviously Crisis (formerly Flashpoint). 

Mirror Iris missed a trick there "oh I've been able to speak it for years in this timeline Barry you just didn't get those memories from J'onn."

I don't expect she'll be able to deceive him for very long this show moves things along quickly. Looks good though and a chance for CP to stretch herself a bit.  

Couples in this verse don't get to have a date night unless it is very quickly interrupted by something/one. Still not a fan of Amunet. 

2 hours ago, Featherhat said:

Couples in this verse don't get to have a date night unless it is very quickly interrupted by something/one. Still not a fan of Amunet. 

Barry had uninterrupted dates with both Linda and Patty. The one with Patty was so long it was like I was watching a rom-com instead of a superhero show. Iris is the only love interest Barry can't have uninterrupted dates with.

This is unpopular but I don't hate Amunet. I dislike the human trafficker angle but she's such a corny and cheesy baddie she just makes me laugh. And the actress looks like she has a lot of fun with the character and her atrocious accent.

Edited by Starry
  • Love 3

To be honest I'd entirely forgotten about Barry/Patty. I was just thinking of Avalance's date that got interrupted by the Waverider crashing or Olicity's dates or Cisco being really, really late to his date with Kamilla or recently with Kate and Reagan. Or the very awkward "double date" with Barry, Iris, Linda and Eddie or later with Felicity and Ray. The double date with Felicity being interrupted by Cold making his move etc etc. Just a mild observation that the shows tend not to put dates in unless something's going to happen to ruin them.

KS seems to be having fun as Amunet but part of the reason I find her awkward is that she definitely seems to be "KS having fun as Amunet" on screen and it just makes me wince a little.  

The date does get interrupted (*SIGH*) but WestAllen is the A-plot and they're marketing it that way, so that's good. We better enjoy these first two episodes, because the next few are going to be a drought for WestAllen -- 6.12 is Ralph/Sue; 6.13 is Barry/Grodd; 6.14 is Barry/Wally; and 6.15 might be Nash Wells-centric.

5 hours ago, BeautifulFlower said:

Keyword being mirror. When we look in a mirror, everything is the opposite. Mirror Iris is the opposite of the real Iris. Real Iris probably didn't learn Italian.

It just doesn't makes sense to me that being opposite (if that's the case) means picking up a whole other language. Then Mirror Iris shouldn't know English at all??

5 hours ago, Maverick said:

Which, come on.  The answer is obviously Crisis (formerly Flashpoint). 

That would be an interesting angle to take, and semi-plausible; but I still think she's an imposter.

2 hours ago, Starry said:

This is unpopular but I don't hate Amunet. I dislike the human trafficker angle but she's such a corny and cheesy baddie she just makes me laugh. And the actress looks like she has a lot of fun with the character and her atrocious accent.

She plays her a little too over-the-top for me, but that's tolerable for an episode. What's really annoying is how they just let her get away with stuff every time she shows up; I just need her to go to prison. If they really want to have her on the show again she can escape, or whatever.

17 minutes ago, Trini said:

6.12, "A Girl Named Sue", photos are out: http://flashtvnews.com/flash-photos-ralph-dibny-meets-a-girl-named-sue/33058

Okay - nothing against Ralph/Sue, but Cisco/Cynthia were a canon DC couple too, but they never got a poster-ready, frame-worthy promo pic like this:

FLA612a_0535b.jpg

I dont understand why they never take opportunities like these to shoot pictures like these that easily serve as "official" couple pics, or even costume pics.

• Love 3

So... Barry's subplot in 6.12 is such a C-plot that they didn't take any photos?

From the synopsis:

... while Barry considers a potentially dangerous request from a trusted source.

I feel like this "trusted source" has to be another regular or recurring cast member. Although one of my theories is that it's Mirror Iris. Maybe this 'request' is what leads to the experiment in the episode after.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, BeautifulFlower said:

Keyword being mirror. When we look in a mirror, everything is the opposite. Mirror Iris is the opposite of the real Iris.

If Mirror Iris looks Caitlin or KF in the eye and speaks directly to them, then Barry should know that is not the real Iris.😜

• LOL 4
7 hours ago, Trini said:

So... Barry's subplot in 6.12 is such a C-plot that they didn't take any photos?

Could just be GG wasn't shooting the couple of days the photographer wasn't on set. A lot of the time the CW misses out entire (big) plots. But yes, he does appear to be more in the background than usual. 

7 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

I dont understand why they never take opportunities like these to shoot pictures like these that easily serve as "official" couple pics, or even costume pics.

Set photographers and official photoshoots do seem to be entirely separate things and in this case we don't even know if Ralph suits up in this episode for HS to be able to pose as a timing /production issue. Easy/cheap to have them do an unofficial couple promo pose right there and then.

Doesn't really explain why they don't do it with all couples though. I guess they're excited about Ralph's big love story because they've been teasing it a while. 

Again, trying to glean some info from Wallace's latest interview here:

Iris will grow in ways she didn’t know she could, and I mean that emotionally. Being sucked into that mirror will push her to the edge and a little bit beyond. It will literally test her sanity, which is really great because it’s given Candice as a performer a wonderful opportunity to just give some of the greatest performances she’s ever given on the show in my opinion....  we wanted to focus equally on Iris in the back half. And that’s what getting sucked into that mirror believe it or not, is going to allow us to do. Who knows what lies behind that mirror but I guarantee you it’s a different place. It’s a place that will affect her in a way that she will have to examine who she is and what makes up Iris Allen-West in all of it’s different facets and if that’s a good or bad thing.

... We can take all of the best of the past, keep it, but we can add in ways. I said to our writers in the writers room, I said “Who are the villains from the past? From previous seasons, 1, 2, 3, 4, whomever. We have the opportunity to tweak them now, just a little bit” and put on a fresh coat of paint. I use that term a lot now to describe our methodology. And you’re going to see that with several villains from past seasons, you might also see that with some heroes too, maybe one or two, who are from the past. ...

I will say there is an episode where the West house, not the loft, but the house that Barry and Iris grew up in, there is a scene where that house undergoes a, shall we say transformation of sorts that’s really exciting. Our DP did something really special with that episode in general. The director did something special, it’s actually quite a special episode. That’s an example of how we can look at the same set and they’re a little bit different. Other than that though, other than this one obvious way which I can’t tell you about it because it’s so spoilery, the sets don’t really change. It’s more the characters changing, the villains changing, the scenarios that happen being a little weirder ....

... And Iris in investigating it has already gotten into a lot of trouble because she got sucked into a mirror. What does that mean for her? So that’s the investigation, I’ll use the words “paranoid conspiracy”, that’s the kind of world that’s going to be opened up here in this back-half. So it’s The Flash’s version of a sci-fi thriller. ...

When Wally comes back it’s not the same old Wally. <..> he’s going to come back a little older and a little wiser, and this is a spoiler I don’t mind saying, he might just have a new ability or two, <...> There’s specifically a truly great Barry and Kid Flash scene, where they really get their act together in a way they haven’t been able to do since I think Keiynan’s first appearance on the show way back in Season 2. So it was really kind of an honor to bring back that special magic between the two of them and explore how their relationship has been changed because y’know Kid Flash… his name might still be Kid Flash but maybe he’s a man now. Maybe he’s grown up a bit, and that’s what’s exciting. So look for that in that episode, I think it comes out in a really unique way that I don’t think the audience is quite going to see coming because it works into the plot and the villain of the week, ....

... What happens to Iris in the mirror? We wanted very specifically to get that out of the way in the opener and I’m not one of those people who like to torture the audience, I don’t think that’s fair, I like to play fair with them, so you will find out next [episode] what is on the other side of that mirror. We’ll get exploring, you will not have to wait eight episodes and all that stuff. The first three episodes very quickly get into what’s up with Iris and what happened and what will be her journey this season. ...

... I’m very excited about exploring new facets of old villains, I’m kind of obsessed with that. So you will see at least two, I’ll give you a number, at least two old villains from the past in the back half who maybe have changed in the post-crisis world. ...

... So I think for this “Grodd Friended Me”, <...> I think you should take that title literally. And if we do that, you might see something in Grodd you’ve never seen before. ...

Let’s just say there will be more Godspeed coming. Who knows when or where but it will come.

... you will literally see [Barry and Iris team-up] in the very next episode. <...> It’s so great getting to see Grant and Candice working together to solve a mystery, ....

... will The Flash’s gold boots from the comics ever make an appearance in the future? 

ERIC WALLACE: Yes. They will. Eventually. But not this season. I too am a fan of the gold boots, Grant is a fan of the gold boots, but not this season. ...

Wallace also talked up Iris and the Citizen for the first part of the season, but at least now the synopses, marketing, etc. seem to support what he's saying.

I need more interviews with the cast, though; because I want an opinion from someone who's not the creator and who doesn't exaggerate so much.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 4

6.12 promo:

It's the Ralph/Sue episode, but neither are shown. 😬

Iris and Barry will definitely be the B- and C-plots, though. And one interview with Wallace said that some answers about Nash Wells were coming, so I think that's the D-plot.

It definitely looks like the "dangerous request" is from Mirror Iris, so what is she up to?? Iris/Candice hasn't had many subplots with another woman, so I'm looking forward to her and Eva.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

So Jay Garrick was reborn on E-Prime. E2 Linda Park/Dr.Light was erased, and E-X invasion never happened...

https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/the-flash-showrunner-outlines-new-direction-for-season-6/

I get that it's a comic book show, and that comics have to continually reinvent the characters and start new versions/stories/histories to stay exciting and fresh after 80 years. But with a tv show this just feels dirty. 

• Love 2

Saying stuff like "now they weren't Nazi's from the multiverse, they were time traveling Nazi clones instead" is just weird and even more convoluted than before. 

52 minutes ago, shantown said:

I get that it's a comic book show, and that comics have to continually reinvent the characters and start new versions/stories/histories to stay exciting and fresh after 80 years. But with a tv show this just feels dirty. 

And yes this. I know they've done it 1000 different times in comic books but it only works so so in live action TV. 

• Love 1

CW released a few more photos for "A Girl Named Sue"; 4 more of Ralph and Sue.

(And none of Barry. It's just unusual not to have at least one still of Barry/The Flash. It's happened before, but previously it's been once a season; this is the second time for season 6. Maybe Barry/Grant isn't in 6.12 much?)

Looks like Sue gets let in on his secret identity as EM pretty quick:

the-flash-season-6-photos-2-13.jpg?w=102

the-flash-season-6-photos-4-11.jpg?w=102

7 hours ago, Featherhat said:

Saying stuff like "now they weren't Nazi's from the multiverse, they were time traveling Nazi clones instead" is just weird and even more convoluted than before. 

And yes this. I know they've done it 1000 different times in comic books but it only works so so in live action TV. 

It's hilarious that one of the big points in the comics was for COIE to streamline everything and fix continuity errors. It's doing the exact opposite to the Arrowverse. Mainly since the universe doesnt have a series bible to follow, each show is allowed to do whatever lol

• Love 4

6.14, "Death of the Speed Force", synopsis is out:

"Death of the Speed Force" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, LV) (HDTV)

WALLY WEST SPEEDS BACK INTO CENTRAL CITY - Kid Flash (guest star Keiynan Lonsdale) returns to Central City with a Zen attitude and new tricks up his sleeve. While thrilled to see his family again, Wally confides to Barry (Grant Gustin) that he returned because he thinks there is something wrong with the speed force. Meanwhile, Cisco (Carlos Valdes) returns from his fact-finding mission across Earth-Prime.

Brent Crowell directed the episode written by Sam Chalsen & Emily Palizzi Gilbert (#614). Original airdate 3/3/2020.

-------

Chalsen has done some good episodes. His last credited one was "Marathon". Gilbert has only been with the show since season 5 as a script coordinator (as 'Emily Palizzi' according to IMDB); this is her first writing credit for the show.

Wow, Carlos/Cisco is just really going to be absent for 3 whole episodes in a row? I really want to know what Carlos was working on, so I can watch it.

First synopsis in the back half to not mention Iris.

I speculated before that Zoom (probably a new version of Zolomon) might be in this one, but I wonder if they'll connect him to Black Hole? In the comics, Black Hole also is trying to harness the power of the Speed Force, so maybe they'll combine the stories?

Edited by Trini

I thought Cisco was going to be gone for longer.

I know that these things aren't always indicative of how much screen time a character is going to get but CP barely filmed for this episode. I believe they are going to play with Mirror Iris for longer than I anticipated. CP posted some snaps from set and she was wearing the same blouse and necklace she was wearing when Iris got trapped into the Mirrorverse. They should be filming 6x18 right now.

I am excited for Wally and his scenes with Barry. I just wish we could get some West-Allen family goodness.

• Love 3
On 2/14/2020 at 4:02 AM, Primal Slayer said:

I still find a "fact finding mission" for whats different on Earth Prime to be...a weird thing for Cisco to do. He may have his E1 memories back, what, outside of Central City can he really see is "different". 

It's just an lazy excuse to keep him offscreen. I just hope Kamilla doesn't disappear with him. Let's see if they can make a story out of this when he comes back.

On 2/14/2020 at 7:18 AM, Starry said:

I know that these things aren't always indicative of how much screen time a character is going to get but CP barely filmed for this episode. I believe they are going to play with Mirror Iris for longer than I anticipated. CP posted some snaps from set and she was wearing the same blouse and necklace she was wearing when Iris got trapped into the Mirrorverse. They should be filming 6x18 right now.

I am excited for Wally and his scenes with Barry. I just wish we could get some West-Allen family goodness.

They can't (well, shouldn't) keep her trapped for the rest or even most of the season. Because it makes everyone look dumb for not knowing. I really need Barry to figure it out sooner rather than later. Plus, what's going to happen with Iris' life with this imposter? Are they still going to do Black Hole subplots without Iris?

Although I will say that Mirror Iris is one of the most intriguing things they've done with a main character in a while. I want see how they explain her existence before I can judge this storyline.

Edited by Trini
yay typos
  • Love 1
On 2/14/2020 at 8:20 PM, Trini said:

They can't (well, shouldn't) keep her trapped for the rest or even most of the season. Because it makes everyone look dumb for not knowing. I really need Barry to figure it out sooner rather than later. Plus, what's going to happen with Iris' life with this imposter? Are they still going to do Black Hole subplots without Iris?

In my opinion they can only go two ways about it. Either they get Iris out of the Mirrorverse sooner rather than later or SirI is a part of our Iris that escaped once she got trapped in the mirror. No-one cares about a fake version getting the Black Hole investigation while the real Iris can't get any development. Giving the big reporter arc to a character that is destined to leave makes no sense whatsoever. But they gave me a good explanation for why Barry couldn't figure it out in 6x11 so let me trust that they know what they are doing.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Starry said:

But they gave me a good explanation for why Barry couldn't figure it out in 6x11 so let me trust that they know what they are doing.

Trusting these writers is hard, though! 6B is intriguing so far, but 6A was good the first two episodes then it fell off. Let me see what this third episode brings.

• Love 4

Well, that's coming on strong in their first ep. I get uncomfortable when characters start pushing their friends together like they've read the script and Cecile got that from a 10 second reading? Cecile freaking out about something good or bad after using her powers are not my favourite moments of hers anyway. Maybe in context it will come out better?

I guess some viewers are already shipping them because they know they're married in the comics and want Ralph to have a romance but I thought a lot of the "I already love them" comments when the description of the ep and not even the pictures was a little premature. 

After all this I hope they're good together and it's not fast tracked too much. 

Oh boy here we go. There is probably going to be a lot of characters talking about the connection and vibe they are getting off Sue and Ralph. Sure there will be a lot more telling than hopefully seeing. Something tells me they are going to rush this relationship and give them A LOT MORE intimate scenes and screen time than what we have gotten from the interracial or brown faced character couples in this show. Its been said its in an 8pm time slot or its not that kind of show you know bullshit excuses. I know I saw a scene where "Batwoman" was definitely acting out a sexual scene in her show (not sure what time that show comes on). Sara Lance has definitely had her share of sexual content scenes on "Legends of Tomorrow"! So I want someone to tell me why its okay in some shows and not in others. I do believe "Arrow" has some intimate scenes when they moved to the 8pm hour as well. But after that 1 scene with Dig and Lyla I think in Season 2 they never were portrayed as intimate either. I just have this feeling the show and network are going to give more loving and intimate scenes to them as a new in love couple (excuse they will use) while Barry and Iris continue to act like a young sexless married couple who have no desires beyond a shoulder rub, a long ass hug, or a quick kiss! Hope the show proves me wrong but I don't think I am, Time will definitely tell the story. 

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, Ann Mack said:

Oh boy here we go. There is probably going to be a lot of characters talking about the connection and vibe they are getting off Sue and Ralph. Sure there will be a lot more telling than hopefully seeing. Something tells me they are going to rush this relationship and give them A LOT MORE intimate scenes and screen time than what we have gotten from the interracial or brown faced character couples in this show. Its been said its in an 8pm time slot or its not that kind of show you know bullshit excuses. I know I saw a scene where "Batwoman" was definitely acting out a sexual scene in her show (not sure what time that show comes on). Sara Lance has definitely had her share of sexual content scenes on "Legends of Tomorrow"! So I want someone to tell me why its okay in some shows and not in others. I do believe "Arrow" has some intimate scenes when they moved to the 8pm hour as well. But after that 1 scene with Dig and Lyla I think in Season 2 they never were portrayed as intimate either. I just have this feeling the show and network are going to give more loving and intimate scenes to them as a new in love couple (excuse they will use) while Barry and Iris continue to act like a young sexless married couple who have no desires beyond a shoulder rub, a long ass hug, or a quick kiss! Hope the show proves me wrong but I don't think I am, Time will definitely tell the story. 

Because The Flash has a younger audience than the other shows. After season 1, you noticed we only get scenes of people making out or somewhat fully clothed in bed. We don't get stuff like Linda/Barry in season 1. Or Iris/Eddie. Everything is tamed.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Trini said:

Danielle P. not in tonight's episode:

-----

Also a preview clip: at TVLine: https://tvline.com/2020/02/18/the-flash-sneak-peek-6x12-ralph-and-sue-dearbon/

That cannot be possible. It's a sunny day in Seattle, so anything may be possible. Not even a second or two minutes of dialogue?! I'll believe it when the episode finishes airing. Wahoo!

17 minutes ago, BeautifulFlower said:

Because The Flash has a younger audience than the other shows.

And yet that younger audience has no problem with watching the graphic murder of Iris over and over again?!  The whole "family show" excuse is a crock.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3