Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion

Lisin
  • Start Topic

Caitlin Frost is not in the episode? I am shocked to be honest.

I don't care about them taking their time with Ralph and Sue. I agree that it can be awkward to have other characters comment on their chemistry but I have no interest in the build-up. They are a secondary couple. Just put them together and let's see where it goes. Obviously it's too soon to tell how good of a romance they will be but I didn't cringe during their exchange and that isn't always a guarantee with couples on this show. I cringed at Cecile using her powers on them but that's a Cecile problem, nothing to do with Ralph or Sue.

I agree that the family show excuse is BS but I wouldn't compare this show to Arrow, Batwoman or Legends as The Flash is PG and the others are not. But you can bet I am going to rant for days if Ralph and Sue get a sex scene or more sensual content than WestAllen and other interracial couples.

Baby Jenna is so cute!

• Love 6

Nate and Amaya got as sexy as LOT (and kinky) goes and Zari got to fantasize about an interracial threesome with two guys. Arrow in general hasn't had a sex scene since S5 and Dyla got some kissing and intimate scenes in later seasons.  

With the "family show" I think it's true and a bit of an excuse at the same time. There's a saying about American cinema "kissing a breast is NC-17 but cutting off a breast is only R" and the same applies to the violence vs sexiness on this show.

But we'll see how it goes with Sue and Ralph. Re the build up or lack of it. It feels like every couple on this show already goes from 0-60 pretty quickly. I don't potentially want a long drawn out thing but equally I don't want every character to be all "OMG! I ship you, you should get married and have babies!" R&S: Guess we should do that then. 

• Love 1

6.13, "Grodd Friended Me", promo:

---

Man, they're really not trying to hide Danielle's pregnancy.

It looks like Grodd shows Barry flashbacks to his his past through his telepathic powers? I'm wondering where Grodd is in this post-Crisis world; Gorilla City or ARGUS?

No sign of Iris and Eva's subplot although we know there is one from the synopsis. Nash is doing some experiment(?) with Allegra?

There's also Chester and Kamilla at STAR Labs; I hope they at least mention Cisco.

"It feels like a piece of me is missing" - 😭😭 Your lightning rod is missing!

• Love 2

Not any new info -- except for a change of date; Matt's Inside Line:

Showrunner Eric Wallace already teased it as part of our Season 6B preview, but I of course saved some additional vittles for a rainy day and or this column. “It’s going to be quite exciting,” he said of former cast member Keiynan Lonsdale’s return, in this season’s 14th episode, “Death of the Speed Force” (now airing March 10). “When I first talked to Keiynan about it, he was very excited about what he called this ‘fresh take’ on Wally. And once on-set, he was loving ‘the New Wally West’ — and that’s not an exaggeration at all. It’s the same character that we know and love, but he has grown, deepened and changed. And he might even have some new abilities.”

On 2/19/2020 at 11:32 PM, Trini said:

"It feels like a piece of me is missing" - 😭😭 Your lightning rod is missing!

I don't think that has anything to do with Iris. It's probably because the Speed Force is dying and his powers are acting up as a result. Barry's been having problems since before Iris got trapped in the mirror.

I see people being worried about Sue and here I am, super worried that it will take Barry forever to realize that imposter isn't Iris. After the last episode I don't know how they can believably drag this out. And Lord help me if the speculation about Iris being trapped until 6x18 ends up being true. It's six long episodes with a fake clone who is written to have no chemistry with Barry! I know I have no interest in watching the version of WestAllen we got in 6x12 for much longer. On top of that, Wally comes back and likely gets no scenes with his real sister.

If Iris is trapped for this many episodes, it better be because Barry himself enters the Mirrorverse and we get some episodes exploring that world.

I don't trust Eva at all and at this point I don't think SirI is a part of Iris. She has her own agenda. This is an interesting storyline for the actress but it's like they are pressing pause on Iris' development as a reporter and I am not totally on board with that.

I wonder if Iris isn't in 6x14 at all. There's no mention of the Mirrorverse plot in the episode description.

I feel bad because last week I trusted the writers and this week I don't.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Starry said:

I don't think that has anything to do with Iris. It's probably because the Speed Force is dying and his powers are acting up as a result. Barry's been having problems since before Iris got trapped in the mirror.

True; but the two things are related, and could apply to both.

Yeah, I don't like that Iris might be trapped that long, but if they do that, I need Barry to figure out Mirror Iris, at the very least. They've shown him noticing stuff, but who knows when they plan to have all that pay off?

I wonder if Iris isn't in 6x14 at all. There's no mention of the Mirrorverse plot in the episode description.

I feel like this Mirrorverse story will continue in every episode. The actress that plays Eva is a series regular, so I assume she'll be present as much as possible.

I'm not so great at tracking who's filming what and when, but I wonder if Danielle P. is done with filming for the season? They might be on episode 19? I think?? Because there's no way they're hiding this, and I doubt she will be working up to her due date:

3 hours ago, Trini said:

I'm not so great at tracking who's filming what and when, but I wonder if Danielle P. is done with filming for the season? They might be on episode 19? I think?? Because there's no way they're hiding this, and I doubt she will be working up to her due date:

All we know is that she is due in May. They should be finished filming in early April? I'm not an OB/GYN, so I wouldn't know if it would be safe her to travel so much around this time.

9 hours ago, Starry said:

I think DP is done for the season. She's stopped posting from set and giving filming updates. I believe 6x17 is her last episode.

💃💃💃💃💃💃💃

🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂

🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

So then my next questions are, is Danielle coming back to the show, and when?

I think it's most likely she will come back. How soon we see Caitlin/Frost depends on how much maternity leave she will take, and whether she's willing to come up to Vancouver for a few scenes when she has a few-months-old baby.

---

Now that I think about it, if both Caitlin and Frost are going to disappear for a while, it's less likely that they could be split into two bodies, like I had speculated in the Caitlin thread.

14 hours ago, Trini said:

So then my next questions are, is Danielle coming back to the show, and when?

Considering DP's pregnancy, having Caitlin and Killer Frost go off alone/together to explore the new metas and post-crisis changes would have made more sense than sending Cisco. Alternatively, Caitlin and Killer Frost could have gone off with Cisco. Later, Cisco comes back alone and tells the team that Caitlin/KF stayed behind to take care of something with her mother who's now an ice meta.  Problem of DP's absence/maternity leave solved. When DP is ready to return, Cait/KF will have either resolved her mom's issues off-screen or tell the team her mom is now a threat.

Edited by adora721
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, adora721 said:

Considering DP's pregnancy, having Caitlin and Killer Frost go off alone/together to explore the new metas and post-crisis changes would have made more sense than sending Cisco. Alternatively, Caitlin and Killer Frost could have gone off with Cisco. Later, Cisco comes back alone and tells the team that Caitlin/KF stayed behind to take care of something with her mother who's now an ice meta.  Problem of DP's absence/maternity leave solved. When DP is ready to return, Cait/KF will have either resolved her mom's issues off-screen or tell the team her mom is now a threat.

Honestly, the people on this board have more common sense than anyone writing this show 

• Love 3

Going off with Cisco would have allowed two old friends to work and spend time together and for Frost to actually do some work towards becoming a better person other than some life coaching. But maybe they have a completely separate idea for her. Or wanted to use her as long as possible since they were paying her anyway. 

Flying in later pregnancy is okay with the advise of a doctor but maybe long days on set weren't easy for her and Frost isn't exactly tied to the A story at all.

If I had to guess I'd say DP will be back next season, most actresses with babies come back even if they have to fly up to Vancouver or elsewhere and there's been no hint so far she's done. But it's possible that things will change once the baby has arrived.  

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Featherhat said:

But maybe they have a completely separate idea for her. Or wanted to use her as long as possible since they were paying her anyway. 

My thinking here is that even if they were paying her anyway, they should use her time onscreen to set up a plot for her that makes sense and might pay off at the end of this season or next season. Coaching Allegra through Valentine's Day when KF has zero romantic experience made no sense.

How about: What if Cait/KF had seen what they thought was a doppleganger of Ronnie (from behind if Robbie Amell wasn't available for a cameo) while at Jitters with Allegra? What if she then went off to find out who or what she'd seen? Seeing a Ronnie lookalike would play into the Valentine theme and pursuing him off screen is another good cover for DP's future absence. That would have made some sense. It looks like "Grodd Friended Me" has flashback scenes with Cait; so, those could have been filmed out of sequence for the actress.

ETA: Another doppleganger option for a Valentine episode for KF to see (as an effect of the  post-crisis merge) would be Hunter Zolomon. That would really rile up KF to go after the guy she hates for doing Caity wrong in S2. Teddy Sears was willing and available for a S5 cameo; I believe he'd be available now, too.

Edited by adora721
  • Love 1

The show has had three good, interesting episodes in a row, but I gotta keep my expectations low with the next one. It's a Grodd episode*, AND it's written by two of the 'meh' writers. But at least Barry will have a plot.

It would be great if they found a way for Barry to get closer to finding out about Mirror Iris, but I'm not expecting it with Grodd shenanigans. So far most of the plots have tied back to Black Hole, I'm wondering if they will do that with Grodd?

I'm more interested in Iris' subplot and getting more answers about Eva and the Mirrorverse.

I have a feeling Mirror Iris will only have a few scenes, like the last episode, since Both Barry and Iris have the A- and B- plots and there's also a C-plot with Nash/Allegra + Kamilla/Chester?.

*(Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it's usually mostly CGI filler for the VFX company's reel.)

• Love 1

I expect them to press pause on the Mirror Iris storyline. Barry's going to be preoccupied with his post-Crisis power issues and Grodd. There's too much going on to have him worry about Iris' cold and shifty behavior too.

Unless they want Barry to look like a doofus either Mirror Iris is going to revert to the affectionate version she was in 6x11 or she and Barry won't have any scenes together. Out of sight, out of mind.

My expectations are low for this one.

• Love 2

<-- 🤡

Sneak peek for tonight:

He was talking about his parents, which might be even sadder. 😢

So there's definitely a Chester D-plot. I agree that this will probably be a Mirror Iris-lite episode.

Aw, man. Rathaway/Pied Piper is going to be re-cast, right? Andy Mientus is busy, and East Coast-based.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Trini said:

It would be great if they found a way for Barry to get closer to finding out about Mirror Iris, but I'm not expecting it with Grodd shenanigans. So far most of the plots have tied back to Black Hole, I'm wondering if they will do that with Grodd?

They might as

Spoiler

In the comics, Grodd was the leader of Black Hole.

• Useful 2

@Trini why are you calling yourself a clown? Because you thought the "it just feels like a piece of me is missing" line was about Iris?

Chester has "Cisco replacement" written all over him. But it's so nice to see Barry be a scientist.

I am still holding out hope for an Andy Mientus cameo.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Starry said:

@Trini why are you calling yourself a clown? Because you thought the "it just feels like a piece of me is missing" line was about Iris?

Yes 😂

Chester has "Cisco replacement" written all over him. But it's so nice to see Barry be a scientist.

Yeah, he does. I like Chester, but I don't want to lose Carlos. Last season I wasn't worried about him leaving, but this season actually feels like he may be easing out of the show. Save for one episode, the writing has been mostly lackluster for Cisco, Carlos has booked other gigs (or maybe he's unavailable for personal reasons??), and they've got a 'replacement' waiting.

I am still holding out hope for an Andy Mientus cameo.

I want this too, but it's been so long, and it's a new universe now....

So Iris isn't going to get to see her brother the one time he visits. 😞😔😕

6.14 promo:

Yay! Wally! Yay! Barry's CSI lab still exists! Yay! Cisco! Boo - no Iris.

I see they've got Barry in (villianous speedster) black for this episode. Not feeling the outfit they put Wally in. And no suit upgrade; a little disappointed by that.

Looks like Barry will have another discussion with the Speed Force.

• Love 2

6.15 synopsis:

“The Exorcism of Nash Wells” —

A DANGEROUS NEW META HITS CENTRAL CITY – The Flash (Grant Gustin) takes on a dangerous new meta named Sunshine (guest star Natalie Sharp). Cisco (Carlos Valdes) sets out to help Nash (Tom Cavanagh).

Eric Dean Seaton directed the episode written by Lauren Barnett & Sterling Gates (#615). Original airdate 3/17/2020.

------

This sounds like another filler-ish episode. No mention of Black Hole, Iris and Eva, or Ralph and Sue.

However, we know which characters are showing up from the director's instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/B7jsIOhhd6_/

So, another light-based meta? Maybe she will be related to Black Hole/McCulloch Tech.

People are mad about Cisco or Caitlin not having any storylines. People are acting like they had big storylines all the back in season 1. The truth is these two were always just backup support for Barry. They never had anything bigger than that. Fans over the years have just made themselves believe that. The show has been doing the same formula for years and it has become noticeable now.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, BeautifulFlower said:

People are mad about Cisco or Caitlin not having any storylines. People are acting like they had big storylines all the back in season 1. The truth is these two were always just backup support for Barry. They never had anything bigger than that. Fans over the years have just made themselves believe that. The show has been doing the same formula for years and it has become noticeable now.

So true. They have not develop Cisco much beyond Starlab and they just keep rebooting/rewriting Caitlin every season. 

• Love 2

The STAR Labs dynamic is the reason why Cisco and Caitlin aren't getting meaty arcs. They are bound to that place while the rest of cast is starting to outgrow it. I think their most ardent supporters are aware of that which is why they cling to the past and start asking about Original Team Flash every time a new character shows up and/or the writers move away from that old tired formula. If Cisco and Caitlin can't develop and outgrow STAR Labs then neither should Barry/the show.

I think Ralph has only been in one episode in 6B. He was absent from the midseason finale too which didn't make much sense since they had that team scene where everyone talks about what Barry means to them. Ralph is a part of the family and was chosen by Barry to be his successor. One expected him to be there.

6x15 doesn't sound that interesting to me. Sunshine could be a Black Hole meta but I expect Nash's story to be the A plot given the title. The episode should let us know why Nash keeps seeing Harry, Sherloque and Reverse Flash but I am more interested in the Mirrorverse storyline. I am waiting for Barry to realize that woman is an imposter.

Too bad Wally isn't getting scenes with the real Iris.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Starry said:

The STAR Labs dynamic is the reason why Cisco and Caitlin aren't getting meaty arcs. They are bound to that place while the rest of cast is starting to outgrow it. I think their most ardent supporters are aware of that which is why they cling to the past and start asking about Original Team Flash every time a new character shows up and/or the writers move away from that old tired formula. If Cisco and Caitlin can't develop and outgrow STAR Labs then neither should Barry/the show.

I think Ralph has only been in one episode in 6B. He was absent from the midseason finale too which didn't make much sense since they had that team scene where everyone talks about what Barry means to them. Ralph is a part of the family and was chosen by Barry to be his successor. One expected him to be there.

6x15 doesn't sound that interesting to me. Sunshine could be a Black Hole meta but I expect Nash's story to be the A plot given the title. The episode should let us know why Nash keeps seeing Harry, Sherloque and Reverse Flash but I am more interested in the Mirrorverse storyline. I am waiting for Barry to realize that woman is an imposter.

Too bad Wally isn't getting scenes with the real Iris.

I really hope 6x14 has them finally realize this is an imposter. However, I still can't blame them for not knowing. This is a copy of Iris with few tweaks. I fee like they're building up to Siri doing something really suspicious which will cause Barry or someone not to let go of. 

• Love 3

6x15 doesn't sound that interesting to me. Sunshine could be a Black Hole meta but I expect Nash's story to be the A plot given the title. ....

They've done that before and Wells was still the B-plot. It's listed second in the synopsis, so that gives me hope.

• Love 1
On 2/28/2020 at 11:40 PM, BeautifulFlower said:

I really hope 6x14 has them finally realize this is an imposter. However, I still can't blame them for not knowing. This is a copy of Iris with few tweaks. I fee like they're building up to Siri doing something really suspicious which will cause Barry or someone not to let go of. 

I don't blame them for not knowing either but I need movement on that front and want WestAllen back. We have had two episodes with a cold Iris and no WestAllen at all. It's enough for my shipper heart.

I think Barry will find out between 6x15 and 6x16. And he needs to be the one to figure it out. No group effort please.

• Love 2
(edited)

I don't blame them for not knowing either, she's been a bit different but has managed to explain it away and hasn't done anything very "OMG! You're an evil doppelganger!" But if it drags on too long without anyone getting suspicious or finding out or Iris being able to alert anyone, it really will get as frustrating as the Lois and Clark frog eating clone arc, and absolutely no one wants that. Especially as I want time when they are reunited to deal with the issues and fallout in a meaty way and not just brush it under the carpet. 

On 2/28/2020 at 6:18 PM, SevenStars said:

So true. They have not develop Cisco much beyond Starlab and they just keep rebooting/rewriting Caitlin every season. 

That's true. Although I guess with less characters previously it wasn't so noticeable because they were still in a lot of scenes. With more characters doing different things it's clearer that they haven't ever really been developed much apart from Team Flash Exposition and the various romances. That's on the writers though, because they could have. Even with his big comic romance plotline Ralph hasn't been around much now he's completed his origin story arc. And I don't blame their fans for wanting more or something other than filler. Though it's also a perk of being original cast in these type of shows (Arrow, Supernatural, Smallville, Scrubs etc) that by season 6 or so the producers are willing to give them more time off for time with family and other projects for the same amount of money because they're also trying to keep the show fresher by bringing on a lot of new characters. 

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 2

SpoilerTV has the next set of episode titles:

S06E16 - So Long and Goodnight
Episode 6.17 - Liberation
Episode 6.18 - Pay the Piper
Episode 6.19 - Success is Assured
Episode 6.20 - All's Wells That Ends Wells

They are usually accurate; however, I'm skeptical about the title for 6.19, it sounds off from the rest. There's usually some pun or reference, it feels too... plain?

Anyway, hopefully Iris is getting out of the mirror in 6.17 -- I'm guessing Eva will get out with her.

Pied Piper again? Yay!

Ugh- too many titles with "Wells". And I'll believe whatever version of Wells is gone when I see it. (Maybe not even then; Tom would have to make a statement.) I'm not getting my hopes up for the "end" of Wellses.

The promo for 6.15:

... is all Barry/RF/Team Flash, but the synopsis:

The Flash takes on a dangerous new meta named Sunshine. Cisco sets out to help Nash.

One of the bigger differences between promo and synopsis lately. I'm hoping there's some progress with Iris/Siri/Eva.

6.16 synopsis:

“So Long and Goodnight” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, LV) (HDTV)

BLACK HOLE THREATENS JOE’S LIFE – After Black Hole hires Rag Doll (guest star Troy James) to kill Joe (Jesse L. Martin), Singh (guest star Patrick Sabongui) suggests he go into Witness Protection but Joe refuses to stop investigating Carver (guest star Eric Nenninger). While investigating Carver with Cisco (Carlos Valdes), Ralph (Hartley Sawyer) runs into Sue (guest star Natalie Dreyfuss). Iris (Candice Patton) becomes suspicious of Eva (guest star Efrat Dor).

Alexandra La Roche directed the episode written by Kristen Kim & Thomas Pound (#616).

Original airdate 3/24/2020.

Ugh - Kim again. What's up with Butler and Garza? They've only done one episode for season 6.

Finally back to Black Hole; -- but with Joe/Cisco/Ralph. And Sue. No Team Citizen??(I know Kamilla is probably in Mirrorverse, but still.)

No mention of Barry or the Flash - which is very unusual. But he's got to be attached to at least one of these plots.

I assume more happens in that Iris/Eva B-plot. Fans that keep better track of social media said that Candice said she trained for a fight scene for this episode.

Also, yay Ragdoll! But I have a feeling he's not going to be in the episode much.

Edited by Trini
1 hour ago, Trini said:

6.16 synopsis:

It says the airdate is 3/24 but CW still has a rerun scheduled for that date, so was the earlier info; this should be airing 3/31.

4 hours ago, Trini said:

Ugh - Kim again. What's up with Butler and Garza? They've only done one episode for season 6.

Wallace has only written the premiere this season. Previous showrunners have written episodes between the premiere and finale. I guess Wallace is only writing 2.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, BeautifulFlower said:

Wallace has only written the premiere this season. Previous showrunners have written episodes between the premiere and finale. I guess Wallace is only writing 2.

Yeah, I noticed that too. But with Wallace, I can see his influence as showrunner in the episodes even if he doesn't have a writing credit. Maybe he's just focusing on the big picture. But yeah, if he doesn't write anything else, I expect he'll write the finale.

I was preparing to fast-forward a lot of 6.15, but now we know it's more about Thawne than Nash, and it seems like they start getting back to Black Hole and Siri's plans.

18 hours ago, Trini said:

I assume more happens in that Iris/Eva B-plot. Fans that keep better track of social media said that Candice said she trained for a fight scene for this episode.

She and Grant also had a night shoot together. I hope this is the episode where Barry finds out that SirI is a fake and Iris is trapped.

Mirror Kamilla being in 6x15 lends credence to my theory that the real Kamilla got sent to the Mirrorverse and replaced with a clone/puppet. I wonder if SirI isn't going to shoot Frost too and that's how they are going to write DP out of some episodes. Does anyone remember that picture Hartley posted with something that looked like a mirror sculpture in the speed lab? I think he deleted it because of spoilers. I am starting to believe more and more people will get trapped. The problem with my Frost theory is that DP isn't coming back until next season and I assume they want to wrap up the Mirror Master storyline by the finale. Maybe Caitlin and Frost just decide to leave for some reason.

• Love 2