Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion

Lisin
  • Start Topic

21 hours ago, Trini said:

They might do it for exactly that reason. But they could also bring her back for an episode or two, in flashbacks.

True. I was just thinking about the recent question of Dinah Lance (dead or just forgotten?) and the fact that Samantha (William's mother) was only ever angst/break up generating plot device and has barely been mentioned since she died just like Francine. Would they want to make it a bigger deal by giving the blame to Joe so Jesse has some juicy scenes if one parent was in the know all this time? 

Ragdoll was legitimately extremely creepy and effective so it's good he's coming back even if I have to turn away like a child. 

7 hours ago, Starry said:

I am glad that the Valentine's Day episode is going to have a WestAllen plot. It's an angsty storyline but I hope Barry does something cute for Iris once they make up. I miss sappy Barry. I want to go back to the days when he used to make Iris breakfast and decorate their loft with heart-shaped balloons.

Well, they seemed to be having a nice dinner which is sure to be interrupted or go to pot with an argument, but it's a start. Since this is TV and WA has been severely lacking recently without even "domestic bookend scenes"  a storyline that puts them front and centre is a good thing. Because if they have to work though some stuff they aren't going to break up and whilst frustrating lead to some meaty scenes that didn't happen in 6A. Well hopefully. 

• Love 2

I agree. I'll get angst and interrupted dates over the nothing they gave them in the first half.

I just hope they won't make them so dramatic I'll end up wondering what they are doing still together. I am not worried about a separation but I don't want to feel like they should take a break either.

Always low expectations.

Iris hates that Barry is alive and didn't disappear in Crisis

Yep.........you read that right. The antis have already started from just the trailer alone. This is what they concluded from the trailer.

Nevermind the fact that they actually showed Iris happy and relieved Barry didn't disappear in part 3.

Nevermind the fact that they showed Iris at dinner expressing how she is happy Crisis is over and Barry is alive.

Nevermind the fact that the episode hasn't aired yet.

Nevermind the fact that they always air scenes out of context in these trailers.

Nope forget all that. Iris hates that Barry is alive.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

6.10 synopsis:

"Marathon" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, LV) (HDTV)

LIFE AFTER THE CRISIS - After The Citizen prints an explosive story, Iris's (Candice Patton) life is threatened. Refusing to hide from those that are attacking her, Iris sets out to expose a dangerous organization. Meanwhile, Barry (Grant Gustin) must face the consequences of the Crisis and fulfill Oliver Queen's wish for him.

Stefan Pleszczynski directed the episode written by Sam Chalsen & Lauren Barnett (#610). Original airdate 2/4/2020.

---

Ugh - they just had to put Oliver's name in there. Yay! Iris and CC Citizen A-plot!

Chalsen is one of the better writers, the last one he co-wrote was 6.02; Barnett just joined this season and co-wrote 6.03.

I am excited for this arc with Iris and Team Citizen, but they weren't consistent with Bloodwork in the first part of the season (with less episodes), so I don't know if they'll do much better here, even without having to lead up to Crisis.

Edited by Trini

I always forget how crossover filming affects things; it makes sense that Iris has the A-plot since this was going to be Barry(Grant)-lite anyway.

I hope this arc results in more scenes for Iris and Joe, since he's in law enforcement.

• Love 2

UGH -- hey, every show has its recurring themes, but they are just wearing this one out:

https://www.eonline.com/news/1114384/how-the-flash-supergirl-the-arrowverse-were-forever-changed-by-crisis-on-infinite-earths

"Will we not get multiple Wells anymore? One would think that we shouldn't, right? But boy, boy oh boy, are you gonna like this…I'm not gonna spoil it, but you should watch what's about to happen, because we just unleashed the crazy."

Well, this definitely sounds terrible, but thanks for the warning.

90f1db86fcbd97367658ef458fdee90b4fe0fe30

Hopefully Wells' scenes will be fairly isolated from the most of the main stories and characters so I can skip easily.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 6
25 minutes ago, Trini said:

UGH -- hey, every show has its recurring themes, but they are just wearing this one out:

https://www.eonline.com/news/1114384/how-the-flash-supergirl-the-arrowverse-were-forever-changed-by-crisis-on-infinite-earths

Well, this definitely sounds terrible, but thanks for the warning.

90f1db86fcbd97367658ef458fdee90b4fe0fe30

Hopefully Wells' scenes will be fairly isolated from the most of the main stories and characters so I can skip easily.

Nice to know that Crisis has changed SO much....let me guess...due to COIE a bunch of different Wells were dumped onto Earth Prime?

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

A bunch of different Wells interacting with each other and the rest of the cast would be something so crazy and groundbreaking. It has been the plot of the last three seasons but I am going to be so shocked when it happens again. It sounds like a whole new show already!

I feel like pulling my hair out!

• Love 2

If it's a one episode thing before all the Wells spontaneously combust due to being in the same room or something, then I could deal with it. Although we got multiple Wells in an episode or two before because of the dumb Council of Wells stuff.

But seriously, if they're bringing multiple Wells onto the show, it better only be for an episode. And the last remaining one better be season 2 Harry. 

• Love 3

Is it in TC's contract to play as many Well's as possible? It was played out by S4 at the latest. Doppelgangers of other characters might be a bit more interesting but for him it is literally his sole plotline every single season. 

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

Is it in TC's contract to play as many Well's as possible? It was played out by S4 at the latest. Doppelgangers of other characters might be a bit more interesting but for him it is literally his sole plotline every single season. 

This is why I have been hopping TC get an awesome offer  to lead a show and leave the Flash. As long as he is part of the show, the writers will continue to do this because it seems like that is all they know when it comes to him.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, SevenStars said:

This is why I have been hopping TC get an awesome offer  to lead a show and leave the Flash. As long as he is part of the show, the writers will continue to do this because it seems like that is all they know when it comes to him.

Yeah, Tom is good; which is why I don't get why he doesn't find a better gig. Yes, I know stability is probably why, but Berlanti keeps making shows; I'm sure there are other steady roles out there.

Sorry, but this is also a ripoff of the most recent Supergirl episode with multiple Brainiac 5's showing up on Earth prime.

As for Tom C.: I've come to see that he is a one or two-trick pony with his acting. His acting is good, but his range is limited. This might explain the lack of expanding work opportunities.  His Wells' have only two options : arrogant brainy guy (Eobard, Harry, Sherloque, Nash) or quirky guy (Herr Wells, HR). At this point, he can't even keep the arrogant voice for the Wells' unique. If there's more to his acting than what I'm observing on the Flash, let me know.

Edited by adora721
  • Love 1

6.11 episode synopsis is out, and it will be a Valentine's Day episode... but Barry & Iris still get interrupted:

“Love Is A Battlefield” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, LV) (HDTV)

LOVE IS IN THE AIR – Barry (Grant Gustin) and Iris (Candice Patton) plan a romantic dinner for Valentine’s Day but their evening is interrupted by an old foe – Amunet (guest star Katee Sackhoff).

Meanwhile, Frost (Danielle Panabaker) gets into the holiday spirit and attempts to help Allegra (guest star Kayla Compton) reconnect with an old love.

Sudz Sutherland directed the episode written by Kelly Wheeler & Jeff Hersh (#611).

Original airdate 2/11/2020.

-----

I hope they give some nice scenes for the other couples - Cisco/Kamilla and Joe/Cecile.

• LOL 1

That's a lovely pic in front of the fire. I really want some (any) Joe and Iris solo stuff. I still can't believe how they completely fluffed the Francine storyline. Diggle post Arrow signing off is going to be strange but I'm always here for more (non pod) Dig. 

The Valentine's Day ep description is your basic superhero/action show date gets crashed storyline. I'm not a fan of Amunet. KF/Allegra can't say I'm interested except it's a different female pairing but KF celebrating holidays, milestones and events as though for the first time, which is the version they're going with this season is already annoying. 

• Love 1

So I skimmed through the pre-season 6 spoilers/Wallace quotes and - in my opinion - his words can't be trusted most of the time. I don't think he's a liar like Helbing, but he tends to a) exaggerate, b) promise stuff he can't deliver, or c) his perception of plot points, etc. are very different than the audience's. Obviously, make up your own mind; but I'd recommend taking what he says with several grains of salt and keep the above points in mind, and focus on the essential objective information.

On 9/4/2019 at 4:50 PM, Trini said:

From TVLine's Fall preview:

BONUS SPOILER!: The first third of the season will make time for “one or two” additional nemeses, including “a guest cameo that will be fun for the fans.”

Any guesses as to who he was referring to? Godspeed?? Reverse Flash in 6.07? I'm really not sure.

Back to 6.11 -

On 1/23/2020 at 8:20 PM, Featherhat said:

The Valentine's Day ep description is your basic superhero/action show date gets crashed storyline. I'm not a fan of Amunet. KF/Allegra can't say I'm interested except it's a different female pairing but KF celebrating holidays, milestones and events as though for the first time, which is the version they're going with this season is already annoying. 

I don't like Amunet either, and I hope they don't let her literally walk away again. It's interesting that she was most closely tied to Killer Frost, but she won't be interacting with her in this appearance.

But speaking of...

Meanwhile, Frost (Danielle Panabaker) gets into the holiday spirit and attempts to help Allegra (guest star Kayla Compton) reconnect with an old love.

This is just a weird pairing. Does KF even know Allegra?? It just seems like such a random silly C-plot. (Just like that Cecile/Chester filler a while back.) KF helping other people with their love lives doesn't even make sense. If anything, I would rather KF had a subplot with Ralph to lead into his arc with Sue (which starts in the episode after this one, I believe).

As it is, it sounds like this might be another episode where Cisco or Ralph - or both - are absent; or just in 1 or 2 scenes.

Obviously, Team Citizen would be interacting with Team Flash, but I feel like they haven't really established Team Citizen yet as their own team, so I kind of don't like them have subplots (not connected to CC Citizen) with Team Flash. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but we've hardly seen them all work together.

---

I do like that Barry & Iris are the A-plot. And from the trailer, this should be the one where Iris goes undercover, so I'm looking forward to that!

Sudz Sutherland directed the episode written by Kelly Wheeler & Jeff Hersh (#611).

Wheeler is new since last season, but I think she's one of the better writers. Hersh has been with the show longer (Season 4) but is one of the so-so writers, IMO.

Matt's Inside Line:

Previewing his Feb. 4 visit to The Flash ..., David Ramsey says, “There’s a whole cast [of characters] over there that’s still recovering from Oliver’s death, and part of the connection to Oliver is Diggle, obviously. So Diggle’s presence there serves as kind of a conduit, a way to grieve. But there’s also a case, there’s something to solve… that Diggle’s a part of.” But if you were expecting Dig to bring up the glowing, green whatever he discovered at the close of Arrow‘s series finale, “No, that doesn’t happen,” Ramsey makes clear. “It is John Diggle over there as John Diggle, and we’re working on a case.”

• Love 1
On 1/15/2020 at 5:17 PM, Trini said:

Could this TVLine blind item refer to Candice/Iris? And the possible 30th century storyline?

BLIND ITEM

A popular hour-long drama will give viewers even more to love in the near future by casting its leading lady in a second role, one she’ll be playing opposite herself. In addition, fans of this iconic TV character may also get a welcome sense of deja vu from this time-bending twist.

https://tvline.com/gallery/ask-ausiello-blind-item-dual-role/

Another guess is that it could be Doctor Who. It definitely has to be a sci-fi show.

BTW, with recent developments on Doctor Who, it seems this blind item has already been fulfilled.

Synopsis for 6.12, "A Girl Named Sue", is out:

WHEN RALPH MET SUE –

After months of searching for Sue Dearbon (guest star Natalie Dreyfuss), Ralph (Hartley Sawyer) gets a lead on her whereabouts and finally comes face to face with his missing client. However, Sue refuses to return home to her family, and instead, takes Ralph on a daring adventure.

Iris (Candice Patton) faces a new challenge while Barry (Grant Gustin) considers a potentially dangerous request from a trusted source.

Chris Peppe directed the episode written by Thomas Pound & Lauren Certo (#612). Original airdate 2/18/2020.

---

Looks like Ralph and Sue are the A-plot, Bary and Iris the B- and C-plots. I just wonder if Barry and Iris' plots intersect, and if they intersect with Ralph?

Pound has written a lot of the Ralph-centric episodes; Certo I still side-eye for "Girls Night Out". The last one she has credit on was "There Will Be Blood".

More upcoming episodes titles from SpoilerTV (they're usually accurate):

The Flash - Episode 6.14 - Death of the Speed Force
The Flash - Episode 6.15 - The Exorcism of Nash Wells
The Flash - Episode 6.16 - So Long and Goodnight

---

6.14 is the episode where Wally/Keiynan comes back.

The title is also the title of an arc in the Flash comics that ran this past summer (#76 - 81). It involved Hunter Zolomon trying to harness all the powers of the various 'forces' (not only the Speed Force - comics!). It involved Wally/Kid Flash and another speedster - Avery Ho - which I hope they introduce on the show sometime, but I doubt they will this season.

They never do straight adaptations, but I think Zoom might be in this one since Wallace said a 'classic' Flash villain shows up.

6.15 - UGH, there better be other interesting plots that don't involve Wells.

6.16 should be the one with Ragdoll/Troy James. But the title (with "long") makes me think this one might have a Ralph A- or B-plot. Unless they are taking it literally and someone is leaving. (Maybe Caitlin/Killer Frost? Danielle is quite pregnant now.)

Edited by Trini

Photos for 6.11, "Love is a Battlefield," are out; I'm glad someone learned that when you have Candice in fab outfits, use those for promo! WestAllen on their date, and Westallen on a mission together! Also Amunet (boo!) and Goldface (yay!); they're supposed to be exes, so this should be an interesting Valentine's episode.

FLA611b_0018bc32.jpg

FLA611b_0225bc2.jpg

FLA611a_0004b.jpg

FLA611a_0313bc2.jpg

I think the "damsel" line is still going to irritate me, but it looks like their may be enough WestAllen goodness in the rest of the episode to make up for it.

I hope they throw some romance crumbs to Cisco and Kamilla too.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 2

From Wallace's interview here: https://www.themarysue.com/interview-the-flash-showrunner-eric-wallace-previews-a-post-crisis-world/

Trying to glean some facts from among his opinions and hopes...:

... some things have changed radically <...> Villains of the past are not the villains we expected them to be in the present anymore. <...> You’ll see more and more, old familiar faces from the past, but they might have new facelifts, literally … some of them might have new abilities. They might be different and change.

... Cisco says extrapolators don’t work anymore … That was something that I requested for across all the other shows. I said, “hey, folks, it would really help us story-wise if extrapolators don’t work anymore and people aren’t just bopping around using those little things because that’s integral to our world now.”

Well in graphic novel number two, Cisco does not have his powers. He starts off just like we last left him. He got those powers in from the Monitor in Crisis. but he does not have them anymore. And the question is—how does he feel about that … Caitlin asks him point-blank: “how do you feel?” Do you regret taking the meta-human cure.” And he says no, but there’s obviously something conflicted behind that.

Cisco feeling conflicted about his powers AGAIN? ::sigh::

This may be a spoiler question, but given her fate in the comics (where she was killed by Dr. Light at one time) should we be worried that Dr. Light is showing up at the same time Sue is joining the show? Will they be connected?

Well … that’s a spoiler. I will only say Yes and no. I will say this: We’re not adapting the “Identity crisis” storyline. I want to make that very clear, you don’t have to worry about that. Sue is not dying this season. ....

I'm looking forward to seeing what's coming up. Whilst I think the "damsel" thing is going to be annoying, at least Iris has a POV and agency, even if it's part of an argument about where they go from here. CP looks lovely in those pics. 

I find it hilarious and horrifying that  has to clarify that they aren't following Sue's comic fate this season. I'm looking forward to seeing what she's like but I don't get some comments I've seen where people are already shipping them. I know they're comic book spouses and everything but I prefer to see how they are on screen together. 

8 hours ago, Trini said:

6.16 should be the one with Ragdoll/Troy James. But the title (with "long") makes me think this one might have a Ralph A- or B-plot. Unless they are taking it literally and someone is leaving. (Maybe Caitlin/Killer Frost? Danielle is quite pregnant now.)

It seems like it could be a Ralph or Ralph and Sue plot from the title. Although it would be about the time DP might be thinking about maternity leave. Caitlin and KF could leave for the arctic for a few months for research and fun but I doubt that's happening. 

If DP is too far along they can put the character in some sort of coma hence the "goodnight" in the title. But I think she has been filming for 6x17 as well. It's odd that she had to get pregnant to miss episodes. Every other side character gets written out when they are not needed.

It's possible that 6x16 is about Ralph. I believe the Sue actress was on set for it.

I hope it's true that Zoom is the classic villain Barry and Wally are going up against.

Mirror Master should be one of their old foes wearing a new face. I think they could make Godspeed someone else too. The character was teased in the premiere and looking for August Heart seems too easy.

Cisco is definitely getting his powers back. You don't make a character conflicted with no pay-off.

Amunet and Goldface may still be a couple in this new reality. I love the WestAllen stills even though that date is going to last two minutes tops. I hope they can have a mini celebration at the end of the episode to make up for the interruption.

I believe they are having Frost help out other characters with their love lives as a part of her journey of self-discovery. They did something similar with Ralph before introducing Sue. A love interest for Frost may be on the horizon. I just hope they can solve the issue of two people inhabiting the same body before going there.

I am so glad that the reviewers confirmed that the WestAllen fireplace kiss wasn't cut. You can never be sure considering this show history.

I get the pre-shipping of Ralph and Sue to some extent. If you are a fan of them in the comics it makes sense to look forward to the couple but I've seen people refer to them as their new OTP and the best ship which seems premature to me. What if the show version sucks? I hope it doesn't but it can happen. On the other hand, I have some experience with viewers pre-judging the canon couples so I guess there's some balance in people's biases.

• Love 2

Mirror Master should be one of their old foes wearing a new face. I think they could make Godspeed someone else too. The character was teased in the premiere and looking for August Heart seems too easy.

Pretty sure the new MM is going to be Eva McCulloch (the new character connected to Iris). It's weird that we haven't heard any more about her yet, though I think she will be introduced in the first episode back.

Yeah, Godspeed should be showing up at some point too. But I wish they would do a better adaptation of August Heart, since he seems one of the more interesting new Flash villains from the comics.

Cisco is definitely getting his powers back. You don't make a character conflicted with no pay-off.

I'd personally like that, but I'm not so sure that they'd do yet another reversal with his powers. They put so much energy into his arc of giving up his powers and being happy about it, I don't think they would want to go back on that. (Plus 'payoff' is one of those things they're not good at, IMO.)

I get the pre-shipping of Ralph and Sue to some extent. If you are a fan of them in the comics it makes sense to look forward to the couple but I've seen people refer to them as their new OTP and the best ship which seems premature to me. What if the show version sucks? I hope it doesn't but it can happen. On the other hand, I have some experience with viewers pre-judging the canon couples so I guess there's some balance in people's biases.

I'm not familiar with Sue as a character so I have zero expectations about how they interpret her. However, I do hope that she has a good story with Ralph, because Hartley has been waiting for this for a while! And yeah, we know almost nothing about her yet; definitely can't say anything about Sue and Ralph as a couple yet.

The show has a history of bringing in female love interests and then they only have scenes/interactions/relationships with the male characters, I hope they don't do the same with Sue. Iris and Killer Frost are the closest female characters to Ralph, I'd like to see her interact with them at least.

Edited by Trini
ugh - dropped words

UGHHHHHHH 

Someone posted screenshots from Wric's interview with Tvline

This made me mad

I get that Eric created Allegra in the comics, so he's showing favoritism. The problem is why is he developing Allegra relationship with Killer Frost? What about Allegra's relationship with her BOSS? They had Allegra say that Iris inspired her to be a reporter. How about build on that?

Build on Kamilla's relationship with Iris and Allegra.

Are these writers just allergic to Iris having friends or something?

• Love 4

So the TVLine interview: https://tvline.com/2020/02/03/the-flash-season-6-post-crisis-preview-iris-danger-wally/

I will say that Wallace is good at not giving away direct spoilers; however, then his teases tend to overcompensate and promise things that the show may not deliver.

We wanted our first episode after Oliver’s death to be one that honors Oliver. I thought that was very important.

Pass. There was enough of that in the 5 episodes of the crossover.

TVLINE | Speaking of post-Crisis changes, two characters that Flash fans most fret about are Earth-Two’s Harry and Jesse Wells. Will we get any update on them?
Uhhhhh…. yes. Yes, you will. And not in the way you’d expect, because you will hear about them more than once. They address it in the opener, but it really has fallout that runs through the rest of [Season 6].

He keeps using phrases like this (bolded), and he is not as clever as he wants people to think he is.

TVLINE | I get a sense, from what you have told me in the past, plus promos and photos, that Season 6B will really dive into Iris’ own drama. That whereas in the past Iris helped Barry deal with all of his stuff, now she has stuff of her own.

That is absolutely accurate — but again, not exactly in the way you might think. Barry went through so much building up to Crisis, and [his death] didn’t happen. Well, what was everyone else going through, dealing with his impending death? How does that affect them? That’s one of the storylines in the [midseason] opener, and I think it’s an important one. because near-death traumas affect not only the person who almost died, they affect their family and their friends.

I mean, he could have explored how Iris was dealing with it in 6A, as he did with literally everyone else. And you notice how it was an Iris question but he answers about everyone.

Quite a bit. Across the first five or six episodes, you’ll see Allegra (played by Kayla Compton) go from “I’m a spunky intern!” to, as we saw in 6×08, being almost an official member of Team Flash, when Barry said, “Thank you for saving the world from Bloodwork.” You’ll also see the development of a nice big sister/little sister relationship between Allegra and Frost (Danielle Panabaker), which is really nice.

NO, ERIC. NO.

First off - we only saw her as a "spunky intern" for 2 episodes, and Team Citizen is barely off the ground, so we don't need to add another member to an already crowded Team Flash.

Secondly - WOW. Allegra/Frost is pair you pick for a 'sister' relationship after 6 seasons of neglecting every female/female relationship?? Can't delve more into Iris and Allegra as mentor and mentee?? Not to mention Iris has a stepmother (not legally, though!) and two whole sisters and those relationships have been ignored. And I'm just tired of Frost.

Good news is that I can turn down my hopes for Iris/Sue a few notches, to avoid disappointment.

TVLINE | And I understand that Cecile (Danielle Nicolet) is now a formal part of #TeamCitizen, as well?

Yes. She will officially make her debut with Team Citizen in the [mid]season premiere. You’ll see exactly how Cecile’s role with the new team actually works.

I’d go so far as to say that what’s great about this opening [episode] is it’s really a Team Citizen episode in a lot of ways. They’re really the story, and that was important to us. We didn’t just want to give fans that push-in [see photo], saying, “This is Team Citizen coming together.” Now we want to see what a Team Citizen case looks like. You’ll be pleasantly surprised by how much it’s kicked off in the premiere.

The thing I'm afraid of is that this will ONLY be in the premiere.

TVLINE | Outside of the vigilante mercenary organization that Iris is investigating, are we still getting Villains of the Week? Maybe from other Arrowverse shows, as happened in “Crisis” Part 5 with Weather Witch vs. Supergirl?

Not from other shows, but you will see some guest star villains come back in new and exciting ways.

Oh, so we're not really going to utilize the combined universe.

Nash is still around, but the question is why is Nash still around? That’s a mystery that gets pretty crazy pretty fast, all through the back half [of Season 6].

LOL! There was supposed to be a "mystery" about him in 6A and Crisis. I already don't care about Nash, and I just don't believe you anyway.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, BeautifulFlower said:

I get that Eric created Allegra in the comics, so he's showing favoritism. The problem is why is he developing Allegra relationship with Killer Frost? What about Allegra's relationship with her BOSS? They had Allegra say that Iris inspired her to be a reporter. How about build on that?

Build on Kamilla's relationship with Iris and Allegra.

One, they have to prove that Killer Frost can have a working, non-murderous relationship with a woman of color since she tried to murder Cecile and tried to help murder Iris. Two, they need someone other than Cisco to care about Killer Frost. Three, Killer Frost can keep Allegra's entitled bratty self just as long as they develop a great friendship between Iris and Sue Dearbon as in the comics.

• Useful 1

I am glad to hear that they will be dealing with fallout from Crisis...probably in a more Arrow way than Supergirl/Batwoman kind of way (doppelgangers everywhere!).

And glad that they will be exploring why Nash is still around and isnt some merger or something (like really....why hasnt this happened?) along with where are Jesse/Wells. Are they brand new people, is Jesse more like her comic counterpart now? So many possibilities. 

Please...get Wally a new suit! 

1 minute ago, adora721 said:

One, they have to prove that Killer Frost can have a working, non-murderous relationship with a woman of color since she tried to murder Cecile and tried to help murder Iris. Two, they need someone other than Cisco to care about Killer Frost. Three, Killer Frost can keep Allegra's entitled bratty self just as long as they develop a great friendship between Iris and Sue Dearbon as in the comics.

You act like team Flash is full of these white women that KF chose to ignore. When she was killing she pretty much tried to kill the entire team. 

From EW: https://ew.com/tv/2020/02/03/the-flash-season-6-episode-10-preview-eric-wallace/

“Now we get to deal very specifically with what was Iris going through and how has that affected her now and where will that take the Barry and Iris relationship,” Wallace says. “Quite frankly, it takes it to some nuts places, but what’s great is that by the end of ‘Graphic Novel #2,’ I can say unequivocally that Barry and Iris will be closer than they’ve ever been before, simply because what happens is just the craziest thing ever.”

His hyperbole actually makes me less enthusiastic. This could mean anything. But it will be good to deal with Iris' feelings; though this should have been happening in 6A.

“The past villains that we saw in previous seasons, they’re not the same villains anymore. They are different people. They might even have different abilities, which Team Flash is going to get caught unprepared,” says Wallace. <...> “We’re going to dig deep. You’re definitely going to get villains we have not seen in a long time popping up.”

Pied Piper, please? (Nah, Andy Mientus is too booked and busy.)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Primal Slayer said:

You act like team Flash is full of these white women that KF chose to ignore. When she was killing she pretty much tried to kill the entire team. 

I think you're missing my point. Neither Caity nor Killer Frost has tried to make friends with any women on her own team. Caitlin was friendly with Felicity who's from another show. She also stated that she loved Laurel, who's from another show. When given the option to make female friends, Killer Frost and Cait chose to look up to Amunet Black. Notice that Cait and KF sought out friendships with Ralph and even Joe. Her existing friendships are also with males - Barry and Cisco. Almost forgot to mention Cait built a quick friendship with Martin Stein - also male. KF did try to murder Tracy Brand, who isn't a woman of color.

My point isn't that KF doesn't have White female friend options on her team; my point is, for some reason, neither KF nor Caity tried to be friends with women on her own team and they also happen to be women of color. S4 was a weak effort since Iris did all of the supportive, friend behavior; ditto for attempts to make her friendly with Cecile.  

It's interesting that they chose KF to befriend Allegra and not Kamilla. After all, Kamilla is the new love of Cait's BFF, Cisco. That, of course, would mean having KF apologize to Kamilla for trashing her photography artwork. And apparently KF and Cait don't apologize to the women she hurts for anything. Instead, Allegra will act as a sycophant to the new "hero" Killer Frost and show her more respect than she did her boss, Iris.

Edited by adora721
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

I am glad to hear that they will be dealing with fallout from Crisis...probably in a more Arrow way than Supergirl/Batwoman kind of way (doppelgangers everywhere!).

ha! They kind of have to do something different since Flash is already all about the doppelgangers.

2 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

Please...get Wally a new suit! 

I assume they'll update it; but I thought it was fine except for the cowl, which definitely needs improvement.  I hope they let him color his hair too.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Trini said:

I assume they'll update it; but I thought it was fine except for the cowl, which definitely needs improvement.  I hope they let him color his hair too.

image.thumb.png.b93e82c8d2ce1f92cc77e7e582160218.pngSo bad! lol. I think if maybe he were a regular again he'd probably dye his hair but it doesnt seem like he'll have anything really different this time around. Eric doesnt seem to be as much of a stickler for "safe" as AK and previous showrunners/EPs. But yeah...new cowl...and le thim have a neck! 

• Love 1

From TV Guide: https://www.tvguide.com/news/the-flash-eric-wallace-interview-barry-survivors-guilt-oliver-death/

"[Barry] is ready to enjoy life with gusto. He's so happy to have a second chance, as we are all," showrunner Eric Wallace told TV Guide. "There's also, I think, a little bit of survivor's guilt leftover from Oliver's death. Oliver didn't make it out of Crisis. He was the only one, and that's going to haunt Barry just a little bit."

"The way you cope with tragedy is holding on and embracing the loved ones in your life and celebrating them," Wallace said. "I think that's a lesson that Barry will have to kind of relearn over the course of graphic novel number two and this whole season, and that's where his head's at when we kick off with our premiere."

Eh- they should have done something with the Barry/Oliver relationship before and during Crisis if they really wanted me to care about it post-Crisis.

Also, that "lesson" is not one that Barry needs to re-learn?

e8153207e4bd55b4a9382bae0aeafce15669114d

0a651d37ffa35d85ec29f156e78d4385938a3a0a

Edited by Trini
  • Love 2

I assume Allegra is there for KF's continued "I'm a real girl" plot. Like a lot of what EW says I'm not expecting it to be anything like advertised, so not this great big little sister bonding. Maybe they connect over their pasts? 

Hopefully she and Iris do bond over the again probably over promised Team Citizen stuff. We know Iris is busy with a different plot for at least two of the eps so and Ralph is starting his Sue plot that's possibly why Allegra is on KF duty and why she's not with Kamilla. It gives a regular something to do.

• Love 2

If Wallace is bringing back previous villains, I'd like him to bring back some of those who were killed off in the Thinker season. Some of those metas had really cool powers that would actually be a challenge for the Flash to defeat.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 2

The problem I have with Allegra is that she was supposed to be there for Iris' story. Instead Wallace exploited Iris and Team Citizen to force feed us a character he created in the comics. The reporter asks him about Team Citizen and Allegra is all he talks about. Not one peep about Kamilla.

I don't even care about Allegra's friendship with Frost. I am willing to bet he's talking about 6x11 only. I also doubt they forgot about Nash's connection to her.

I wish these people valued the human characters more. The disregard for Kamilla is bad enough but when was the last time Wallace uttered Joe's name? Iris gets more to do when she's portrayed as a Strong Female Character and from what I've seen of Sue in the trailer she's headed down the same path. I also wouldn't rule out the possibility that Wallace is going to adapt the Iris from the future storyline by giving her some sort of power. Those eternium readings were put in there for a reason.

I think it makes sense that Barry is suffering from survivor's guilt. I just hope Oliver won't get credit for every time Barry remembers that he needs to treasure the people he loves. That would be pushing it considering that Barry is the Paragon of Love for a reason. Also, I hate this idea that a character needs to relearn the same lesson multiple times.

I wanted Iris to take Barry to task for forcing her to accept that he was going to die no matter what and neglecting her for the team but it would feel hypocritical after they had her claim that Barry had prepared all of them 🙄 I wonder if Wallace realized that he had made a huge mistake in neglecting Iris' POV in the first half and is now playing the delayed anger/grief card. I hope it's done in a tasteful way and Iris won't be put on the same level as the rest of the team.

• Love 3

New sneak peak. Cisco essentially explains the rest of the season to KF.

https://tvline.com/2020/02/04/the-flash-season-6-episode-10-video-cisco-explains-post-crisis-universe/

ETA Barry, Iris and Diggle:

https://www.spoilertv.com/2020/01/the-flash-episode-610-marathon-promo.html

Though I do disagree somewhat. Oliver could be the sappiest person in the multi verse sometimes. Though it's true it wasn't often directed at Barry. 

Edited by Featherhat
  • Useful 2

The TV Insider Wallace interview has a bit more about Iris and Cisco; I have to try and remember that most of the stuff he mentions will be one or two episodes.

excerpts that are hopefully actual info:

... Team Citizen now is as important as Team Flash, which by the way, is one of the themes that run through a lot of the early episodes in this Graphic Novel No. 2.

... it gives Carlos Valdes some great stuff...his post-Crisis survivor's guilt is just heartbreaking.

And his survivor's guilt will continue.

And the episode ends on a cliffhanger involving Iris...

Oh yeah. And don't worry. I don't like keeping an audience in suspense. So just tune in for episode 610, you'll find out. We're not going to keep people waiting forever. <...>

However, it's surely going to leave an impact on whatever happens going forward?

Exactly. What I love about our Graphic Novel No. 2 is that this is really a huge Barry-Iris season coming up in this back half. And that's not to the exclusion of all other heroes, obviously. We're going to start to see a nice kind of big sister-little sister relationship with Frost and Allegra that kind of grows. <...>

And we'll see some returning villains from the very distant past of The Flash who are coming back in new forms, as we've hinted at the season opener. You know, we need to pay that off. You will actually see some of those people. <...>

One of I think the funniest, coolest, Iris scenes we've done so far is in that episode [611]. And again, no spoilers, but Iris' strengths will continue throughout this season and as a result of what's going on with her...let me just say, the first graphic novel, "Blood and Truth," even thought it was an Iris-Barry story, it was very Barry-centric. In this Graphic Novel No. 2, it's Barry-Iris, but it's more Iris-centric. And that's on purpose so that we can balance the two of them out...at the end of [this arc], no matter what they go through this season, Barry and Iris will end the season closer than ever before. And I mean by far because they're going to some crazy places.

Would any of those places result in a pregnancy?

Well I will tell you that right now, no pregnancy this season. Not happening.

Is Eric Nenninger, your Big Bad in this episode, sticking around?

Oh yeah, we love him. He is a delightful bad guy. <...>

And you know, quite frankly, we have some very hilarious episodes coming up, especially in these first few...then in the back half of the season it gets more intense.

About this quote in particular:

And post-Crisis, what's Barry's next big challenge?

Barry's next big challenge is learning to be the leader. Oliver's gone and someone has to fill his mantle. So that's going to be tricky for Barry, who is kind of stepping into that role. So you'll see a little bit of that. It will also be dealing with, "Okay, I'm not going to die. How do I learn to start living again?" That's a very, very big theme for Barry in this back half. So that's going to take him on a very emotional journey.

First of all, Oliver being the 'leader' was only relevant at crossover time, so I don't see how that's going to be important for Barry on his own show. Plus, Guggenheim is still charge of the annual crossover, and he was already positioning Sara Lance as the 'new Oliver', so good luck with that, Wallace.

And again, leadership and living are not things Barry needs to learn yet again. And 6A already showed me what the show's idea of an "emotional journey" is, so I'm not convinced at all that this is going to be a consistent and coherent arc for Barry.

I'm glad Iris will get more focus (well, let's see how that plays out...), but I don't want Barry to be sidelined on his own show either; to me, it sounds like he might not have much of a story in the back half. I'm sure individual episodes will be fine, but he needs something to show growth, and I hope we get it.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1