Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion

Lisin
  • Start Topic

12 hours ago, Trini said:

That's my guess. Or the Barry that never had his mother murdered.

I really, really hope we get to see Barry Allen 1.0 some day on this show - that badass who was so badass that the only way Voldemort his enemies could take him on was to go back in time and kill him as a baby 11-year-old. Similarly, I'd also like to meet Iris West-Allen 1.0 - that equally badass woman that lost her husband but still showed up to work to pen his obituary.

Does anyone find it amusing the way no one seems bothered by the headline that says the Flash Vanished? The only thing people ever focus on is the name on the byline.

On 4/21/2017 at 6:36 PM, Trini said:

If so, we'll probably be seeing less of Danielle. I don't know how much less, but I doubt they have the budget for the extra time to put her in that Killer Frost wig and makeup every episode. (I know it's not a huge amount of work, but no other (supporting) character in the CW/DC shows needs such a transformation for the actor. (Except for Martian Manhunter on Supergirl, but that's CGI which is already built into the budget from the start.))

Isn't it just white powder, blue lipstick and a big-ass wig? Then CGI for her eyes? Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see what's so elaborate about her outfit? I would love the idea of KF being a big bad.

No matter what they choose to do with her character, I will always maintain that having Caitlin being revealed to be Killer Frost, in league with Eobard Thawne, and evil-all-along in season 1 would have been an epic Heel-Face-Turn (almost as epic as

Spoiler

Snape Killing Dumbledore in book 6

) that they missed because of TPTB's love for DP. One more reason they should have just cast the older actress that actually won the role, instead of giving it to their fave. They would have written a better story for her. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Katsullivan said:

Isn't it just white powder, blue lipstick and a big-ass wig? Then CGI for her eyes? Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see what's so elaborate about her outfit? I would love the idea of KF being a big bad.

Like I said, it's not a lot more, but it is more time in the hair/makeup trailer, and time = money.

Ask Ausiello:

Question: Should we be worried about The Flash‘s Joe surviving the season? —Chris

Ausiello: More pressing, you might worry about him surviving a sticky situation with girlfriend Cecile in the next episode, amid all the Killer Flash drama. “We have a little situation where she said the magic words” — I love you, for the uninitiated out there — “and Joe wasn’t able to say the magic words back,” Jesse L. Martin shares. Based on this brand-new photo, Joe may want to get clear on his feelings and quick!

And the photos for 3x20, "I Know Who You Are", are out:
...And looks like Cecile gets kidnapped, as is tradition.

Episode 3.22 description:

"Infantino Street"

THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS; WENTWORTH MILLER RETURNS AS CAPTAIN COLD
- With only 24 hours left until Savitar murders Iris (Candice Patton), Barry (Grant Gustin) struggles to save the woman he loves and makes the choice to use any means necessary to do so. Realizing he has one option left to save her, The Flash turns to Captain Cold (Wentworth Miller) for help.

Michael Allowitz directed the episode with story by Andrew Kreisberg and teleplay by Grainne Godfree
(#322). Original airdate 5/16/2017.

Yay! for Wentworth/Capt. Cold, but how?? According to Legends, he's still dead. Does Barry do another time jump? And how would he be able to help with Savitar? ...Unless he wants to hide Iris on the Waverider, but still, why go to Capt. Cold?

• Love 2
On 4/28/2017 at 1:22 AM, Trini said:

Episode 3.22 description:

Yay! for Wentworth/Capt. Cold, but how?? According to Legends, he's still dead. Does Barry do another time jump? And how would he be able to help with Savitar? ...Unless he wants to hide Iris on the Waverider, but still, why go to Capt. Cold?

How, I don't know.  Why is fairly simple.  Cold screws with speedsters, Killer Frost is either caught, cured or working with Savitar and Barry has a kinda-sorta understanding with Snart, who probably doesn't want a psycho like Savitar running Central City.  Where his sister presumably still lives.

Edited by johntfs
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Trini said:

The thing is, Cisco should be able to make another cold gun, so it has to be something else.

Why?  It's not just a matter of making another gun, but using it effectively and well.  Leonard Snart is basically Will Bill Hickok with that cold gun.

(edited)

From the EW article about Killer Frost:

“It’s now a question of: Is there a way to eliminate these powers and get Caitlin back?” Kreisberg continues. “Is there a way to get Caitlin back and leave her with these powers? We say these last few episodes are about them trying to save Iris’ [Candice Patton] life, but they’re also trying to save Caitlin’s soul. What is Cisco [Carlos Valdes] willing to do to save his best friend? What is Julian [Tom Felton] willing to do to save the woman he loves?”

“There’s a relationship that exists there that prompts Killer Frost to turn her loyalty to Savitar very quickly,” Panabaker teases. “Once it becomes clear who Savitar is, you start to understand why Killer Frost aligned with him so quickly. Killer Frost’s quick alignment with Savitar informs a lot of the decisions that she makes.”

The silver lining? Killer Frost’s increased presence will make for a powerful — quite literally — finale. “It’s going to be great,” Panabaker says. “Obviously I am involved a little bit more in the finale this time than I have been in years past. From a totally biased perspective, it’s great to see a lot more of the familiar faces. Last year, it was Barry vs. Zoom, and obviously this year there’s a lot more speedsters, there’s a lot more powers, so invariably, I think you’re going to get to see a bigger, better battle.”

“Obviously Danielle Panabaker is not going anywhere,” Kreisberg adds. “How and if she becomes Caitlin Snow again, or she remains Killer Frost or a version of Killer Frost, into season 4, you’re going to have to tune in.”

Whatever happens, Panabaker believes if and when Caitlin does return, she will come back a changed woman — possibly even suffering PTSD from what Killer Frost has wrought in her place. “I don’t know if we’ll even be able to see Caitlin again, but as you’ll see in episode 21, it becomes clear that Caitlin Snow and Killer Frost do occupy the same body and that they have the same memories,” Panabaker says. “The things Caitlin remembers, Killer Frost can access as well. It’s more a question of if she chooses to and how she feels about Caitlin’s memories. I do think it will be difficult not only for Caitlin but all of team flash to reconcile Killer Frost’s bad behavior under the guise Caitlin Snow’s face.”

So they'll have Caitlin back but with the cold powers? They could have done that the whole time without her going evil.

Kreisberg kinda hints that Savitar could be Ronnie, but I'm still sticking with Barry as Savitar. But I wouldn't be mad if it is Ronnie. If he hadn't been killed off, I would have rather seen Ronnie/Firestorm facing off against Killer Frost instead of Cisco.

I do hope the other speedsters are involved with the finale/defeating Savitar, they need to use all the resources they can.

Edited by Trini
I think faster than I typpe sometimes, geez
  • Love 1

They're really walking a tight rope with the Killer Frost thing, sometimes it almost makes sense, but then it really doesn't. On the one hand we have Danielle saying it's something that lives inside her waiting to come out that's like an addiction that she needs to control (which.. I wonder if they thought the implications of that one through) and on the other hand we have Kreisberg saying the brain chemistry is altered (so it's not really her fault). But then they also say that Killer Frost is going to have to make a choice between team Savitar and team Flash, so she has doubts while she is 100% Killer Frost which completely undermines that it's out of her control.

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, RedVitC said:

They're really walking a tight rope with the Killer Frost thing, sometimes it almost makes sense, but then it really doesn't. 

8 minutes ago, doram said:

Now it's like they're only just realising that they're going to do Killer Frost, and they're chasing their tails, trying to make the story work. 

I don't think they're trying at all, IMO. There's been no transition/middle ground between Caitlin and Killer Frost. I don't think there will be any good resolution to this arc. ::sigh::

• Love 1

@doram For a second I thought maybe they were teasing something with Caitlin having a secret darkness when they had this little exchange in episode 12 this season:

Julian: Caitlin, you can freeze her arm. It'll stop the spread of decay and give us some time to find a cure.

Iris: I trust you.

Caitlin: I can't, even if I wanted to.

But since they never brought it up, I think it was just an unlucky way of phrasing that she didn't want to risk using her powers and going dark.

The team is taking this reveal rather well, I must say. And this is the promised humorous episode! A bit of levity before the utter devastation of the final two episodes? Not sure if necessary or out of place. 

*sighs*

I just wondering what proposal KF has in mind, considering Cisco & Julian has Caitlin's blood sample, not to mention rest of team flash will learn about Savitar's true identity.

4 hours ago, Karlophe said:

The team is taking this reveal rather well, I must say. And this is the promised humorous episode! A bit of levity before the utter devastation of the final two episodes? Not sure if necessary or out of place. 

*sighs*

It is out of place and entirely in bad taste that there's a "light" episode after it's just been revealed that Barry is going to someday murder the love of his life. Watch Iris have zero reaction to the fact that the man she loves wants to kill her; Joe be completely impervious to the realization that this boy he raised and became a father too, will someday murder his beloved baby girl; Wally have nothing to say about how Barry ended up being the villain after everything he put him through earlier on the show. 

At this point, Barry should be considering ending his own life to stop this and some (not all) of Team Flash should be restraining him by appealing to him emotionally and intellectually.

This would have been an amazing episode for Iris, to really go into her inner mind and watch her be proactive because the stakes have suddenly tripled for her - she's struggling to save her life, but also Barry's soul, and even her love for him. 

But no, let's do some amnesia filler episode for crap and giggles. 

• Love 2

Well, um, points for not keeping the Savitar thing a secret but I expected it to ramp up the angst. Nothing against funny amnesia episodes, I would have welcomed one earlier in the Season or maybe last Season but right now is really odd timing.

I would understand the rather chill reaction if it was evil Barry from another universe. But it is their Barry who went terribly off the rails so how can they disassociate so completely? Is it the scar? It`s the scar, right? Sigh.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Karlophe said:

It fits the pattern of the previous seasons, though. Both 1.21 and 2.21 were episodes where the main arc of the season takes a break and there's an almost standalone A-plot. But it does feel out of place just because of how they timed out the Savitar reveal -- who wants a break after this major plot twist?

But do we know if Barry has amnesia for most of the episode, or just one or two scenes?

10 hours ago, Katsullivan said:

It is out of place and entirely in bad taste that there's a "light" episode after it's just been revealed that Barry is going to someday murder the love of his life. Watch Iris have zero reaction to the fact that the man she loves wants to kill her; Joe be completely impervious to the realization that this boy he raised and became a father too, will someday murder his beloved baby girl; Wally have nothing to say about how Barry ended up being the villain after everything he put him through earlier on the show. 

At this point, Barry sh

Well, they probably blew the CGI budget for 2 or 3 episodes on Killer Frost's Frozone-like tour through Central City.

3 hours ago, Trini said:

It fits the pattern of the previous seasons, though. Both 1.21 and 2.21 were episodes where the main arc of the season takes a break and there's an almost standalone A-plot. But it does feel out of place just because of how they timed out the Savitar reveal -- who wants a break after this major plot twist?

But do we know if Barry has amnesia for most of the episode, or just one or two scenes?

I hope it's the latter. Its just..there's serious business to discuss here! But you know, that's a fair point - both were fairly bottled episodes and had Barry delving into his mind, both with a strong emphasis on his connection to Iris (here it looks to feature parts of his memories with her), both setting him up emotionally for the final conflict. The more I think about it, it works. A sort of calm before the storm. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Well, they probably blew the CGI budget for 2 or 3 episodes on Killer Frost's Frozone-like tour through Central City.

Is that why they have moved onto invisible chalkboards instead of computers?  I wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't seen them used on Fixer Upper this weekend.

Typically vague season finale description:

"Finish Line"

SEASON FINALE - With nothing left to lose, Barry (Grant Gustin) takes on Savitar in an epic conclusion to season three.

David McWhirter directed the episode written by Aaron Helbing & Todd Helbing (#323). Original airdate 5/23/2017.

On 5/3/2017 at 9:43 PM, ottoDbusdriver said:

The point wasn't that they pen a budget heavy episode with loads of CGI and intense action scenes. There's a difference between a 'breather' episode that still keeps the dramatic momentum of the story and a 'comedy' episode. 

I imagine that Barry with amnesia will probably be somewhat comedic, but we really don't know what else is in the episode aside from that.  There was quite a bit of comedy in the most recent episode with Tracy Brand and the Terminator discussion among other things, but it was still a pretty serious, intense episode.

• Love 1

EW Spoiler Room:

Does Savitar’s identity on The Flash connect to that message future Barry left before the Invasion crossover? — Marcel

Yes, the message left by a future Barry cautioning Rip Hunter against trusting anyone in the future, including himself, does tie into the reveal that Savitar is future Barry Allen. In fact, that particular point will be addressed very soon. “Someone does point out that suddenly that message makes a lot of sense,” EP Andrew Kreisberg says.

One thing occurs to me is that Barry might end up saving Captain Cold from his death in LoT.  He knows where and "when" Captain Cold dies so he could have Cisco Vibe him there, run to the past, save Cold at the last picosecond before the explosions and then run Cold to Central City May 2017.  Honestly, that would probably be the only way to involve Captain Cold with risking a real alteration of the past.

• Love 1

I read some really interesting speculation that all of this might steal some comic elements. Notably that they use Anne Dudek's character to build anti-Speedster guns and the guns eventually end up in the hands of the Rogues (like it happened in the comics), making the Rogues a lot more dangerous villains for the next season. 

• Love 1
On 5/5/2017 at 3:58 PM, johntfs said:

One thing occurs to me is that Barry might end up saving Captain Cold from his death in LoT.  He knows where and "when" Captain Cold dies so he could have Cisco Vibe him there, run to the past, save Cold at the last picosecond before the explosions and then run Cold to Central City May 2017.  Honestly, that would probably be the only way to involve Captain Cold with risking a real alteration of the past.

I would love for Capt. Cold to come back, and to have more crossovers with Legends; but for some reason, both shows seem reluctant to work together. I'm really curious about 3.22 because I want to see how they bring Capt. Cold into play. I suspect it won't have anything to do with what's going on on Legends, though.

On 5/5/2017 at 3:58 PM, johntfs said:

I really hope this is what happens.  I miss Cold.

About the sizzle trailer:

So SaviBar wants Iris to die so he can be "born"/exist -- okay, I get that, but there still has to be something else to it, right? He must have (or should have) another goal besides that. Why does he need to be Savitar? What can he do as Savitar that he can't do as Barry Allen/Flash? I really hope they have a good explanation -- not holding my breath, though.

So Barry recruits Capt. Cold (from which time/line??) to steal something from ARGUS? Someone? One scene looked like Lyla and Snart were working together.

Looks like a lot of intense/emotional scenes that they could have spread out over more episodes instead of squeezing them into the last three. Now I'm even more annoyed at that Grodd/Earth-2 filler episode. ?

Savitar/Iris face off!

• Love 1

I guess I should be grateful that Iris and Savitar face off - the way this has been going - she'd never even get to confront the person who wants her dead.  But I won't get my hopes up because she'll probably still have zero regard for her own life and instead will be all about comforting futureTimeRemnantSavitarBarry instead and trying to "help" him.

She's such a good little "strong black woman".  **angry face**

• Love 2

The resolution might that Iris is able to get through to Savitar Barry and make him remember the man who would sacrifice himself for her and Savitar decides not to create himself.   Of course, then Joe dies instead leaving Iris overwhelmed with guilt and pushing Barry away. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, doram said:

It's self-evident - Savitar is strong, bad-ass and gives zero f***s about anyone and anything. That kind of guy won't stop at anything to keep the people he cares about safe - only thing is... he doesn't care about anybody. So it's a win-win. 

The more I see of this "revelation" the more strongly I feel how dumb it was that the show didn't let Barry get to this position more naturally. 

Like the set-up is perfect for it.

Barry finds out that in the future Iris is going to die. Barry is determined to stop it, and prepared to use whatever means necessary to do so. Iris tells him that she doesn't want him to stop protecting the city/ or take extreme measures (like when he thought of killing Grodd) to save her. At first, Barry tries to do this - but as the time draws nearer, and each Vibe into the future shows the same thing happening over and over again, Barry starts to gradually - but steadily lose it. He lets Grodd get killed. He starts arm-twisting Julian into wearing Savitar's helmet. He goes berserk on Caitlin when he discovers she didn't fully destroy the Stone. He finally gives in and negotiates with Abra Kadabra. 

He tries to do this without Iris knowing - which is easy because she's not hanging around Star Labs, waiting for Barry to save her on his own - she's actively investigating the cult of Savitar, tracking down his followers and trying to piece the clues to discover his identity and endgame - and when Iris eventually finds out, they have a huge fight about this and Barry tells her bluntly: "I can be the man you love and admire OR I can be the man who saves you, and right now I only care about being the latter. Sorry. Not Sorry." 

That - by the way - would have been an excellent reason for either of them to call off the engagement / entire relationship. And the discovery of Savitar's identity, if it had happened sooner, would have caused Barry to have a break-down because he's practically been walking down this path - become more and more unhinged, ruthless and amoral... more focused on protecting "himself" from the pain of Iris's death than in being the man she loves - all season long. 

Which, of course, leads to them reconciling between Barry giving her an epic apology and she returning it with an epic pep talk and both of them working together to defeat Savitar the "right" way. 

But, of course, this would require giving Iris agency, a pov, a voice & writing a good, complicated story that makes sense. None of which these writers seem willing or able to achieve. 

This is a beautiful arc that would have elevated this season ten-fold. I am not exaggerating. You have managed to keep the same milestones as the current show, and still developed a coherent plot that is far superior to what we have been given. It never fails to amaze me how people whose professions are to do this fail so spectacularly. 

• Love 3

The preview shows a glimpse of the Waverider, so it's sometime after Snart joined the Legends. I assume that Barry had to do some time traveling to a time/place where he knew the Waverider -with Snart- would be, and then ... they use the Waverider to travel to the present day(?), because I don't think Barry can time travel with another person (yet?).

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 11:31 PM, doram said:

It's self-evident - Savitar is strong, bad-ass and gives zero f***s about anyone and anything. That kind of guy won't stop at anything to keep the people he cares about safe - only thing is... he doesn't care about anybody. So it's a win-win. 

The more I see of this "revelation" the more strongly I feel how dumb it was that the show didn't let Barry get to this position more naturally. 

Like the set-up is perfect for it.

Barry finds out that in the future Iris is going to die. Barry is determined to stop it, and prepared to use whatever means necessary to do so. Iris tells him that she doesn't want him to stop protecting the city/ or take extreme measures (like when he thought of killing Grodd) to save her. At first, Barry tries to do this - but as the time draws nearer, and each Vibe into the future shows the same thing happening over and over again, Barry starts to gradually - but steadily lose it. He lets Grodd get killed. He starts arm-twisting Julian into wearing Savitar's helmet. He goes berserk on Caitlin when he discovers she didn't fully destroy the Stone. He finally gives in and negotiates with Abra Kadabra. 

He tries to do this without Iris knowing - which is easy because she's not hanging around Star Labs, waiting for Barry to save her on his own - she's actively investigating the cult of Savitar, tracking down his followers and trying to piece the clues to discover his identity and endgame - and when Iris eventually finds out, they have a huge fight about this and Barry tells her bluntly: "I can be the man you love and admire OR I can be the man who saves you, and right now I only care about being the latter. Sorry. Not Sorry." 

That - by the way - would have been an excellent reason for either of them to call off the engagement / entire relationship. And the discovery of Savitar's identity, if it had happened sooner, would have caused Barry to have a break-down because he's practically been walking down this path - become more and more unhinged, ruthless and amoral... more focused on protecting "himself" from the pain of Iris's death than in being the man she loves - all season long. 

Which, of course, leads to them reconciling between Barry giving her an epic apology and she returning it with an epic pep talk and both of them working together to defeat Savitar the "right" way. 

But, of course, this would require giving Iris agency, a pov, a voice & writing a good, complicated story that makes sense. None of which these writers seem willing or able to achieve. 

Can you please write for this show! Because this would be awesome to watch.

• Love 1

What's this thread's policy on filming spoiler pics? There have been some major filming spoiler pics, but I haven't seen them discussed here. Not post them? Post them under a spoiler thing?

1 hour ago, RedVitC said:

What's this thread's policy on filming spoiler pics? There have been some major filming spoiler pics, but I haven't seen them discussed here. Not post them? Post them under a spoiler thing?

I don't think there's any specific policy. It's fair game if it's in the spoiler thread.

Personally, I try and avoid set photos because I think they reveal too much too soon, and I still like to have some surprises.

On 5/13/2017 at 7:26 PM, doram said:

What if Barry makes the time remnant when he is at that lowest point of his moral arc? That way, the time remnant is like the literal embodiment of the darkest, most desperate and dangerous potential within Barry. 

Yes, this would have been brilliant. Have Barry get so close to The Dark (it warrants capitalization, trust me), and do something relatively innocuous but still evilish like letting that other Gorilla kill Grodd, or blackmailing/threatening Julian into wearing Savitar's helmet - and then make the time remnant at this point in time. After his "Come to Jesus" moment, he pulls back and starts trying to fight the good fight while the time remnant keeps going along path to The Dark, probably even mocking Barry for his pacifism, declaring that he (the time remnant) is the Barry who will end up saving Iris. If the theories that Savitar doesn't want to kill Iris - he wants to make Barry think he's killed Iris - are true, then this would even make more sense. 

Of course, sense and these writers are like water and oil. 

(edited)

I'll put it under a cut then for people that don't want to see filming stuff (and I remember a while back when someone posted dialogue from the script before the episode people didn't really like to be that spoiled). Warning, big spoilers (it'a video). Proceed with caution.

Spoiler

Edited by RedVitC
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, RedVitC said:

I'll put it under a cut then for people that don't want to see filming stuff (and I remember a while back when someone posted dialogue from the script before the episode people didn't really like to be that spoiled). Warning, big spoilers (it'a video). Proceed with caution.

Reveal hidden contents

You really don't need to put spoiler tags-there is a pinned "spoilers" tag in the thread title-so anyone who ventured in here, does it at their own risk. And that's pretty much the point of this thread-no need for spoiler tags.

• Love 2

Ok, judging from that particular video, I think my suspicions are confirmed. I'm positive now that HR is the one to die. I know we see Tom Cavanagh in that video, but he's not dressed like HR. More particularly, his hair is not styled like HR's. HR has his sides buzzed mostly. I think that's actually Harry, sans glasses, who has come to help. Seeing as how they're all dressed in black as well, the funeral for whoever dies is clearly around that time. And I could see Gypsy coming back to help but also to pay her respects to HR.

Also, will we ever get rid of Nora, Barry's mother? Will she show up in every season finale until the end of the show?

• Love 1

H. R. dying makes the most sense.  It's not like Tom Cavanagh will leave the show.  It's specifically written into his contract that he gets to play different characters throughout the show's run, even if some of them make return appearances (Harry).

• Love 1

So in that video Barry's about to exile himself to the speedforce, right?  He's clearly saying goodbye and they completely ignore Nora before they shine that light on her.  Jay's there and the rule was someone had to stay in the prison - I can see Barry switching places because he'll never be able to create a time remnant that becomes Savitar as long as he's trapped. 

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 7:26 PM, doram said:

@Cocogurl & @Katsullivan

Since you guys liked my "AU" plot so much, I just thought of how this could have been combined with this time-remnant reveal...

What if Barry makes the time remnant when he is at that lowest point of his moral arc? That way, the time remnant is like the literal embodiment of the darkest, most desperate and dangerous potential within Barry. 

THIS! It would've added so much more to "Barry being Savitar" storyline.