Type keyword(s) to search

The "HELL YEAH!" Movie Moments

• Start Topic

The “Nothing’s Gonna Stop Us Now” number from Cats Don’t Dance is a HY because it’s the point where Danny, Sawyer and the other animals show that audience how good they really are, but at the same time telling them that they don’t care if they like it or not, they’re going to keep trying and doing what they love even if they never get their big break.

And as silly as those fake movie posters of them at the end get, it still makes you happy to see that their dreams came true.

• Love 1

Ghostbusters Afterlife:

Spoiler

Peter, Ray, and Winston showing up in full uniform to help fight Gozar, and when it seems they’re about to lose, they’re joined by Phoebe and her own proton pack, aided by the ghost of Egon fucking Spangler (a CGI Ramis that was pretty darn good).

Not only was it awesome to see the guys again, it felt like such a vindicating moment to have a girl Ghostbuster help save the day after the vitriol the female reboot got. Suck it, trolls!!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 6

Spider-Man: No Way Home:

Spoiler

Ned accidentally bringing the Andrew and Tobey Peters into the MCU. Every leaked video I’ve seen of that moment has had had the audience explode into cheers at their entrance. You could tell how thrilled both actors were to be back, and them teaming up with Tom Holland was everything I could have hoped for and more.

Also had to give a hell yeah when Tobey gave Andrew that pep-talk about how “amazing” he is. Tremendous growth from the version of Peter who spent the better part of his movies being crapped on by everyone and everything.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Spartan Girl said:

I know it’s probably been posted before, but because we lost James Caan, here’s Sonny beating the bejeesus out of that rat bastard Carlo:

That was awesome. And to piggyback on this, the baptism scene, where Michael settles all debts and cleans house, is another piece of pure mastery. I always find myself, counting on my fingers the names of each family: Bardzini, Cuneo, Tattaglia, Strachi...and then Moe Green! Hey, that's Jo's* dad!

I know there's another family-because, FIVE families...hee.

Or when Michael kills Sollozzo and the crooked police captain:

• Love 3
On 7/7/2022 at 2:18 PM, Spartan Girl said:

I know it’s probably been posted before, but because we lost James Caan, here’s Sonny beating the bejeesus out of that rat bastard Carlo:

Sonny's only mistake was listening to Connie and not killing Carlo.  

• Love 6

I came across What's Love Got to Do With It? on tv this afternoon.  As much as I hate seeing Tina battered, that scene where she fights back, then flees to the hotel across the street, straight through the divorce proceedings is amazing. The anger, the fear, the courage......so well done.

• Like 1
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, Shannon L. said:

I came across What's Love Got to Do With It? on tv this afternoon.  As much as I hate seeing Tina battered, that scene where she fights back, then flees to the hotel across the street, straight through the divorce proceedings is amazing. The anger, the fear, the courage......so well done.

I saw that in the theatre, and when she kicked him in the balls and used that advantage to beat the shit out of him in the limo, the whole place erupted in cheers. 

And when she did that Frogger dash across the access road, with nothing but thirty six cents and a gas station charge card to ask for a room at the Ramada -- then we were silent, with chills at how brave it was.

• Love 12
5 hours ago, Bastet said:

I saw that in the theatre, and when she kicked him in the balls and used that advantage to beat the shit out of him in the limo, the whole place erupted in cheers. 

And when she did that Frogger dash across the access road, with nothing but thirty six cents and a gas station charge card to ask for a room at the Ramada -- then we were silent, with chills at how brave it was.

And the hotel manager took one look at her and understood exactly what was going on, and took her in, free of charge. That moment reminds me that there are good people in the world.

• Love 12
8 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

And the hotel manager took one look at her and understood exactly what was going on, and took her in, free of charge.

And posted security on her floor (they don't show that in the film, but that's what the real-life manager did).

• Useful 2
  • Love 11

I'm sure if you go back far enough in this thread you will see that I've mentioned this before but it always bears repeating.  This moment still slaps.  I saw First Wives Club when it first came out and I was a teenager, and I' ve always enjoyed it, but the older I get the more I feel it.  I can't think of another movie scene that makes me smile so unabashedly no matter how many times I've seen it.  And it's punctuated by three legends.  Particularly Ms. Hawn who is a star and a half with presence for days.  

Edited by kiddo82
  • Love 8

The Descendants:

I know there are some that think Matt crossed a line by doing this when his wife was pretty much brain dead, but considering that by all accounts she was a spoiled, selfish toxic, horrible excuse of a mother that totally deserved to be called out on her cheating (and breaking up another person’s marriage) had she NOT been in a coma, I’m going let it pass.

And I hope she heard every word.

• Love 7

Home Alone 2: Lost in New York: 

Uncle Frank: You better not ruin my trip, you little sourpuss! Your dad is paying good money for it.

Kevin (with perfect sarcasm): Oh, wouldn’t want to spoil your fun, Mr. Cheapskate!

Rest of the family:

image.gif.08b2d6d18812a8eddf8db646a0d2c1d2.gif

• Like 1

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3 had so many:

“I don't need another speech by some impotent whack job whose mother didn't love him, rationalizing why he needs to conquer the universe!” 

Groot getting a long overdue badass moment with the surprise reveal of all the weapons inside him.

”Name’s Rocket. Rocket Raccoon.”

And all of the Guardians showing up to all beat the living shit out of the High Evolutionary.

• Like 5

I am a big proponent on people dressing more modestly in public, but with that said, in the new Barbie trailer, I loved it when Margot Robie's Barbie punches that guy in the face after he grabbed her bum. Reminded me of that video where some jerk thought he could get a cheap feel off of a waitress and she ended up twisting his arm behind his back. 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Reminded me of that video where some jerk thought he could get a cheap feel off of a waitress and she ended up twisting his arm behind his back. 

A thing of beauty.  She body slams him, tells him about himself, and has her co-workers call the cops on his creepy ass:

• Like 6
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1

Emily the Criminal. I'll admit, I didn't watch it, but I caught the clip where Emily calls out the interviewer at the advertising agency about the unpaid internship, (especially audacious as it would be full time banking hours). 5 to 6 months, full time, no pay. When the female boss tried to play the "oppressed woman" card, and how the only woman working in her industry when she was young was the secretary, Emily kept bringing it around to the fact that the boss and the secretary got paid. The secretary thing from the female boss really pissed me off, because she told her that all of her assistants were unpaid interns, meaning the paid secretary positions (where the person probably only had to have a high school diploma & maybe typing school) were probably phased out for free labor college educated interns. It is one thing for the medical and non profits to ask for this (and in the case of non-profits, it should be limited to part time) but anything for profit, those people should be offered at least minimum wage. It is partially the reason why all the "fun" industries are also suffering from the "class" ceilings: the only people that can afford to work for free are people being bankrolled by their parents. It is made worse by some colleges requiring students to take on an internships in their major in order to graduate. If they can find a paid internship, great, but it is a pretty sh*tty ask to have kids that are piling on debt to potentially work for free on top of it.

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Emily the Criminal. I'll admit, I didn't watch it, but I caught the clip where Emily calls out the interviewer at the advertising agency about the unpaid internship,

I did watch it, and it has a lot going for it, that scene being one of and perhaps the the greatest things. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

Monsters Inc: Boo beating the crap out of Randall.

That moment is so great on so many levels: Boo overcoming her fear of Randall, stepping up to protect Sully, and Randall suffering the humiliation of having his ass handed to him by someone who's only recently toilet trained. 

• Like 5
(edited)

Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes: Lucy Gray finishing her impromptu performance at the Reaping by telling District 12 to kiss her ass, dropping the mic, and giving the most spectacular fuck-you curtsy.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Applause 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, Browncoat said:

Which was very much like Katniss' fuck-you curtsy in Catching Fire.  On purpose, I think.

Yup, Rachel confirmed that was ad-libbed on purpose.

Also want to add Sejanus screaming at the game makers, mentors, and host that they were all monsters. It took four movies, but finally someone said it.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Like 2

In Rocky 2 when Rocky pleads with Adrian he has to go through with the rematch of Apollo Creed.

I felt that was a very understated moment in that Rocky kind of realized he's a fighter this is what he is even if causes him to go blind.  I have never had to worry about being killed at work but yeah there always comes a point I think for people they know what they have to do regardless of the consequences.

Great scene.