Type keyword(s) to search

The "HELL YEAH!" Movie Moments

• Start Topic

"Invasion of the Body Snatchers" (1978) - and the final scene with Donald Sutherland pointing and yowling at Veronica Cartwright.

His facial expression still scares the hell out of me to this day, but a brilliantly executed scene for all that.

• Love 1
(edited)

Athlete A on Netflix, even though it's a documentary, the moment when Larry Nassar has to sit there and hear the victim statements at his sentencing hearing is heartbreaking (for them) but a great big Hell Yeah! for the misery you see on his face. What a monster! And so glad those women had the support and courage to face him and let him know just what he did to them.  I was crying but also cheering for them.

Edited by jah1986
  • Love 9
(edited)

Continental Divide: Blair Brown catching poachers who are trying to shoot her eagles and laying down the law in such a brilliantly badass way that words alone cannot do it justice:

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 3

I recently had the pleasure of watching a hugely underrated drama called "The Judge" starring Robert Duvall and Robert Downey Jr.

It was panned by most media critics, but quite well received by everyone else. And I thought it was a delight to watch. But my favourite scene is at the end where Downey enters the empty courtroom where his now deceased father and judge used to preside. Downey himself is a lawyer working in Chicago. But here he is back home in some small town out in the middle of nowhere. 

In this scene he spins the judge's empty chair, while standing and pondering whether he should return to the Windy City, or stay "home" and follow in the footsteps of his father and become a small-town judge.

Of course the superb music by Bon Iver certainly set the tone, and I just cannot stop playing it back on a loop.

In honor of Chadwick Boseman.

From Black Panther:  "I never yielded!  And as you can see, I am not dead!"

RIP, Chadwick.

Edited to add that the Yibambe! chant also gets me every time.

Edited by kiddo82
  • Love 11

The ending to Bill and Ted Face the Music was inspirational.

Bill and Ted using the time machine to go to all timelines and get everyone in the multiverses to play along with the song was nothing short of awesome, although it kind of makes me sad seeing people come together when here in the hell verse people seem incapable of doing that.[/spoiler

• Love 3
On 7/7/2020 at 6:53 AM, Zola said:

And I thought it was a delight to watch. But my favourite scene is at the end where Downey enters the empty courtroom where his now deceased father and judge used to preside.

As someone who works in the legal system in fairly small town, I find this scene ridiculous.  Our courtrooms are locked when not in use, and no one gets let into them.  Security is a  big deal.

• Useful 1

Atlantis: The Lost Empire is such an underrated Disney movie, and I think the moment where after Milo found out Rourke used him to steal the Atlantis power source, he chews out Audrey and the others for going along with it with this awesome speech:

"So... I guess this is how it ends, huh? Fine, you win. You're wiping out an entire civilization, but hey... [Coldly] you'll be rich. [To Audrey] Congratulations, Audrey, looks like you and your dad can probably start that second garage after all. [To Vinny] And Vinny, you can to start a whole chain of flower shops. I'm sure your family's gonna be very proud. [To everyone else] But that's what it's all about, right? [Angrily] Money."

And because they all have consciences, they all turn on Rourke and join Milo. Audrey in particular wins the moment by saying the one thing I wish certain other people today would stand up and say:

"This is wrong, and you know it."

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 4

I waited til after the election to post this one:

At the end of Long Shot, when Charlize Theron is elected the first female POTUS, the sexist news show that spent the whole movie mocking her makes a joke about how they wouldn't want her finger on the button when it's "that time of the month." And for the female pundit that had been tolerating it for the whole movie, that's the final straw. She gets up and says "Fuck you guys, I quit." And when the assholes respond by throwing a crass period joke her way, she chucks a coffee cup at his head.

Best part of the whole movie!

• Love 10
27 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

Regardless of how Promising Young Woman turns out, the parts of the trailer when Carey Mulligan catches her would-be rapists by revealing that she’s actually stone-cold sober will never not be awesome.

Oh, yeah, especially that first part of the original trailer.

"Hey... I said what are you doing?"

[Would-be rapist dies a little inside].

Edited by Wiendish Fitch
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

Watched The Sound of Music on ABC just for the pleasure of Captain von Trapp ripping the Nazi flag with his bare hands.

Was that on tonight?  Bummer. That's one I always like to watch every year.

8 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Watched The Sound of Music on ABC just for the pleasure of Captain von Trapp ripping the Nazi flag with his bare hands.

Christopher Plummer cut a very dashing figure in that movie.  I only lasted until the children sang Good Night at the party -- before the Baroness convinced Maria to run away.  My grandmother's favorite HELL YEAH moment is when the nuns sheepishly show the Nazi engine parts to Mother Superior.

• Love 14

I just finished watching "These Three" (1936).  This movie was an earlier version of "The Children's Hour".  When nasty sociopath Mary is exposed for her lies and ruining the school, her grandmother (Alma Kruger) orders her to go to her room and orders the maid to lock the door.  The maid takes the brat by the arm to the stairs.  Mary resists and tries to hold on to the bannister.  The maid then promptly SLAPS Mary across the face!  

I don't know about movie audiences at the time, but I definitely cheered when she got that slap! 

From the maid!!

Heaven knows she deserved so much more!!

• Love 2
(edited)

I did love the moment of Promising Young Woman when Cassie finds out Ryan’s role in what happened to Nina and when he begs her to forgive him she cheerfully says “No.” Good for her. Ryan didn’t even actually apologize, he just spewed out the “I was a kid, I didn’t do anything wrong” excuses and the “You have to forgive me” bullshit. Nobody has to forgive anybody, asshole.

Also proud that she wasn’t fazed when he turned nasty on her, calling her a failure for dropping out of medical school. She just laughed in his face because she had all the power and they both knew it. It was amazing.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, magicdog said:

I just finished watching "These Three" (1936).  This movie was an earlier version of "The Children's Hour".  When nasty sociopath Mary is exposed for her lies and ruining the school, her grandmother (Alma Kruger) orders her to go to her room and orders the maid to lock the door.  The maid takes the brat by the arm to the stairs.  Mary resists and tries to hold on to the bannister.  The maid then promptly SLAPS Mary across the face!  

I don't know about movie audiences at the time, but I definitely cheered when she got that slap! 

From the maid!!

Heaven knows she deserved so much more!!

Wanna know what makes that moment even more fabulous? The maid in question is played by a pre-Wizard of Oz Margaret Hamilton!

1 hour ago, Spartan Girl said:

I did love the moment of Promising Young Woman when Cassie finds out Ryan’s role in what happened to Nina and when he begs her to forgive him she cheerfully says “No.” Good for her. Ryan didn’t even actually apologize, he just spewed out the “I was a kid, I didn’t do anything wrong” excuses and the “You have to forgive me” bullshit. Nobody has to forgive anybody, asshole.

Also proud that she wasn’t fazed when he turned nasty on her, calling her a failure for dropping out of Ned school. She just laughed in his face because she had all the power and they both knew it. It was amazing.

That's a great moment. Because I'm a petty cow (but y'all knew that already), I also love the moment where, after she ambushes pretentious writer, would-assaulter and insistent "Nice Guy" Neil, she caps off her blistering lecture with a simple, deadpan,

"By the way, your novel sounds terrible."

What? It did.

• Love 4

The Karate Kid (1984):

When Mr. Miyagi comes to Daniel's aid and soundly wallops each and every sorry member of Cobra Kai, all the more rewarding not only because they didn't see it coming, but because he's a senior citizen.

Oh, and by the way?

Johnny, not Daniel, is the villain and bully of the Karate Kid franchise. Johnny is a violent, entitled, abusive asshat, and anything Daniel does is in retaliation to Johnny's actions. Even if Daniel "cheated" at the tournament, I don't give a fuzzy rat's ass, because Johnny got away with literal crimes.

The rules at that stupid tournament didn't make a lick of sense, anyway.

Edited by Wiendish Fitch
  • Love 11
16 minutes ago, Wiendish Fitch said:

The Karate Kid (1984):

<snip>

Oh, and by the way?

Johnny, not Daniel, is the villain and bully of the Karate Kid franchise. Johnny is a violent, entitled, abusive asshat, and anything Daniel does is in retaliation to Johnny's actions. Even if Daniel "cheated" at the tournament, I don't give a fuzzy rat's ass, because Johnny got away with literal crimes.

The rules at that stupid tournament didn't make a lick of sense, anyway.

THANK YOU!!!

This should probably go in the Unpopular Thread, but one of the reasons I can’t get into Cobra Kai is because of the theme that Johnny was the victim and Daniel the jerk and I hate that this show did that.

Nothing against William Zabka-I adore him.

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

THANK YOU!!!

This should probably go in the Unpopular Thread, but one of the reasons I can’t get into Cobra Kai is because of the theme that Johnny was the victim and Daniel the jerk and I hate that this show did that.

Same here. It's the same as the tired-ass, nowhere-near-as-original-as-they-think "hot take" of "Dorothy's the real villain, not the Wicked Witch!"

For God's sake, if you (the royal "you") prefer villains to heroes, fine! Just own it and stop insulting everyone's intelligence with these ridiculous mental gymnastics!

Edited by Wiendish Fitch
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

THANK YOU!!!

Nothing against William Zabka-I adore him.

I think both Johnny and Daniel were equally ass-haty. It seemed once the dance came around, Johnny and Ali had moved on and Johnny wasn't even interacting with Daniel. If I was smoking a joint (or doing anything else in peace) I would get my friend and want to beat the shit out of the person that drenched me with water-on purpose. I don't think it was Daniel being some sort of teetotoler that lead him to do that. Just take Cobra Kai as totally from Johnny's perspective. I think from Daniel's perspective it would be "Why didn't this guy move on?" 

• Love 3
On 1/27/2021 at 2:17 PM, Ambrosefolly said:

If I was smoking a joint (or doing anything else in peace) I would get my friend and want to beat the shit out of the person that drenched me with water-on purpose.

If it were just Johnny beating up Daniel for that, fine.  Johnny took four other people and they all beat on Daniel and most of them enjoyed it.    Mr. Miyagi even makes that point to Kreese  - "one to one problem, yes".   If you're supposed to be a karate badass and you need your posse to beat on the weaker kid, than you're the asshole.  One of the other karate dicks even tells Johnny "he's had enough" but nope, not enough for Johnny; he wanted them to keep beating on Daniel. 

I think it's clear that Johnny is the dick in the Karate Kid movies, irrespective of how good Zabka is in Cobra Kai.   I like him in the role and he's doing great things with Johnny's attempts to be a better person (even if the show is getting too cartoony) but he still beats up people who piss him off and he's been a crappy and absent father, which even the character admits.   I don't want to go down the TV show rabbit hole here, though.

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, raven said:

If it were just Johnny beating up Daniel for that, fine.  Johnny took four other people and they all beat on Daniel and most of them enjoyed it.    Mr. Miyagi even makes that point to Kreese  - "one to one problem, yes".   If you're supposed to be a karate badass and you need your posse to beat on the weaker kid, than you're the asshole.  One of the other karate dicks even tells Johnny "he's had enough" but nope, not enough for Johnny; he wanted them to keep beating on Daniel. 

I think it's clear that Johnny is the dick in the Karate Kid movies, irrespective of how good Zabka is in Cobra Kai.   I like him in the role and he's doing great things with Johnny's attempts to be a better person (even if the show is getting too cartoony) but he still beats up people who piss him off and he's been a crappy and absent father, which even the character admits.   I don't want to go down the TV show rabbit hole here, though.

See, here's the thing: Daniel, at the point where he douses Johnny with water as a prank, doesn't owe Johnny one drop of civility or niceness. By the time that scene has happened, Johnny has already antagonized and beaten up Daniel with the help of his goons and publicly harassed his ex-girlfriend (who, for the record, has explicitly told Johnny to leave her the hell alone), destroyed her property and has yet to apologize or suffer any consequences. Daniel hasn't exactly pulled a Chris Hargensen from Carrie by setting up Johnny to get drenched in pig's blood in front of the whole school. Johnny got lightly doused with clean water in a bathroom stall, where no one even has to know it happened. As far as pranks go, that's pretty harmless, I think he'll be fine.

Moral of the story? Don't be a dick to people, and they won't feel the need to be a dick to you. Not everyone is able or willing to turn the other fucking cheek. 

• Love 9

From Sounder, Nathan (and Sounder's!) homecoming. Rebecca's running to Nathan with open arms and tears of joy is one of the most iconic scenes in movie history, made even better by the brilliant performances of Paul Winfield, Kevin Hooks and especially the late, great Cicely Tyson, who was Oscar nominated. 

The cherry on top is that Cicely Tyson was 47 years old when she made Sounder in 1972 and she looked 20 years younger, which is more proof that "Black don't crack."

RIP, Miss Tyson. 

• Love 4

The ending to I Care A Lot. I can’t believe some people were pissed by it. We need to remember that as brilliant a sociopath as Marla (Rosamund Pike) was, she was STILL a sociopath victimizing elderly people and their families. Having karma finally catch up to her just when she’d become mega rich and successful was exactly what she deserved. 

• Love 5

As bad as the movie Armageddon is, I still love the scene where Harry's daughter, angry that he went after her boyfriend, says  "Harry. You can't raise me around ruffians, then get upset when I fall in love with one." 

• Love 2

I refuse to watch the stupid four-hour long SyndrrCut of Justice League but the clip I saw of Wonder Woman facing off with Steppenwolf was pretty awesome, especially this exchange:

Steppenwold: This one I’d mine!

Wonder Woman: I belong to no one!

Damn right!

• Love 2
On 2/20/2019 at 7:02 AM, Wiendish Fitch said:

People love to crap on Return of the Jedi, but I love it, mainly because it's Leia's finest hour. Rescuing Hn, defeating Jabba,

Leia is so badass in that scene. All the boys have blasters or a light saber.

And she chokes him out with her slave chain and bare hands.

• Love 13
On 2/21/2021 at 9:00 AM, Spartan Girl said:

The ending to I Care A Lot. I can’t believe some people were pissed by it. We need to remember that as brilliant a sociopath as Marla (Rosamund Pike) was, she was STILL a sociopath victimizing elderly people and their families. Having karma finally catch up to her just when she’d become mega rich and successful was exactly what she deserved. 

I thought that was the perfect ending.  Marla was such a horrible person. 

• Love 4
(edited)
On 3/22/2021 at 4:26 PM, xaxat said:

Leia is so badass in that scene. All the boys have blasters or a light saber.

And she chokes him out with her slave chain and bare hands.

Another great Leia moment was when she killed a stormtrooper just moments after being shot by another-or was it the same one? All stormtroopers look alike to me. 

Three more "Hell, Yeah!" moments come courtesy of the late, great Olympia Dukakis. The first was from Steel Magnolias, when Claree told M'Lynn and Drum's grandson Jack Jr. a fairy tale about an evil witch named Ouiser, after Claree's grouchy neighbor, who'd offended practically everyone in town for some reason or another for decades. After Claree finished the story, Ouiser surprised Jack Jr.-who surprised her back by smacking her in the face, which was not only karmic justice, it was done by the one person whom Ouiser wouldn't dare punish, lest she incur the whole town's wrath.

The other two are from her Oscar-winning performance in Moonstruck. The first was when her character Loretta warned her Father-In-Law that if he kept feeding her food to his dogs, she'd kick him to death and when she ordered her husband to stop seeing his sidepiece.

RIP, Ms. Dukakis.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, DollEyes said:

Three more "Hell, Yeah!" moments come courtesy of the late, great Olympia Dukakis. The first was from Steel Magnolias, when Claree told M'Lynn and Drum's grandson Jack Jr. a fairy tale about an evil witch named Ouiser, after Claree's grouchy neighbor, who'd offended practically everyone in town for some reason or another for decades. After Claree finished the story, Ouiser surprised Jack Jr.-who surprised her back by smacking her in the face, which was not only karmic justice, it was done by the one person whom Ouiser wouldn't dare punish, lest she incur the whole town's wrath.

"Ouiser, this is your chance to do something good for your fellow man.  Knock her lights out, M'Lynn!"

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
(edited)

She's All That: Laney Boggs uses Misty's makeup to make her not only look like a clown, but a clown from one of Misty's own paintings after Laney tried to help her because Misty insulted her. Taylor Vaughn may have been the main antagonist, but Misty's antagonism was more interesting and real, because she was a lot like a Janice Ines, someone that can kind of retreat into an "outsider" persona even though she was as privileged, and some ways had a nastier personality, as the popular kids. This girl told Laney to commit suicide.  If Laney kicked her in the face, I still would have cheered. 

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 8
On 5/11/2021 at 11:57 AM, Ambrosefolly said:

She's All That: Laney Boggs uses Misty's makeup to make her not only look like a clown, but a clown from one of Misty's own paintings after Laney tried to help her because Misty insulted her. Taylor Vaughn may have been the main antagonist, but Misty's antagonism was more interesting and real, because she was a lot like a Janice Ines, someone that can kind of retreat into an "outsider" persona even though she was as privileged, and some ways had a nastier personality, as the popular kids. This girl told Laney to commit suicide.  If Laney kicked her in the face, I still would have cheered. 

I like how the movie played with the antagonist art classmates. Laney being an artist is movie shorthand for her outsider, non-conformist persona and we're immediately primed to think the other people in her part of the school are the same. But right away Misty and her friend start talking about their fancy European Spring Break and then tell her to kill herself. So we immediately know they're just like Taylor and her clique except that they have artistic talent. It was no surprise later when we see Misty at the cool kids party and she's drunk and vomiting. Laney shows kindness by offering toilet paper and she's still an asshole implying Laney's good for nothing but cleaning her up.

The absolute minimum Laney could have done was use the contents of her makeup bag to turn her into that ugly painting she did.

My favorite Hell Yeah from that movie is entirely offscreen when Dean tried to assault Laney and she used that horn thing to damage his hearing and get away.

• Love 7
On 5/13/2021 at 10:01 PM, scarynikki12 said:

I like how the movie played with the antagonist art classmates. Laney being an artist is movie shorthand for her outsider, non-conformist persona and we're immediately primed to think the other people in her part of the school are the same. But right away Misty and her friend start talking about their fancy European Spring Break and then tell her to kill herself. So we immediately know they're just like Taylor and her clique except that they have artistic talent. It was no surprise later when we see Misty at the cool kids party and she's drunk and vomiting. Laney shows kindness by offering toilet paper and she's still an asshole implying Laney's good for nothing but cleaning her up.

The absolute minimum Laney could have done was use the contents of her makeup bag to turn her into that ugly painting she did.

My favorite Hell Yeah from that movie is entirely offscreen when Dean tried to assault Laney and she used that horn thing to damage his hearing and get away.

The funny thing is Clea Duvall took that role because her and Rachael Leigh Cook were friends in real life. She really nailed the pretentious artist. I liked because I was an art student and it was really true to life. 

• Love 6

With all the talk about Thelma and Louise lately, I thought of a scene that I really like. When JD is brought in and questioned about stealing their money, he obviously tries to tough talk his way out of it.  But, when Hal asks him if he thought Thelma was the type to commit armed robbery if hadn't stole all their money, there's a good moment where I believe that JD felt really bad about it, and that's confirmed, imo, when he stumbles through a weak excuse.  The hell yeah moment comes when Hal smacks him a few times with his hat and says that there were two women out there who had a chance until JD messed it up and if anything happened to them, he would hold JD personally responsible. 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Shannon L. said:

The hell yeah moment comes when Hal smacks him a few times with his hat and says that there were two women out there who had a chance until JD messed it up and if anything happened to them, he would hold JD personally responsible. 

I love what he says after that even more:  "You're either gonna tell me every damn thing you know, so there's a small chance I can actually do them some good, or I'm gonna be all over you like a fly on shit for the rest of your natural life.  Your misery will be my goddamn mission in life."

• Love 5
(edited)

Bumping it up to add the final scene from The Goonies, which is "Hell, Yeah!" worthy on several levels (especially the one involving a certain bag of marbles), plus it's a tribute to the director, the late, great Richard Donner, whose version of Superman not only made the world believe that a man could fly, the end of The Goonies proves that sometimes, ghost pirate ships can sail again. 

RIP, Mr. Donner.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 5
37 minutes ago, DollEyes said:

Bumping it up to add the final scene from The Goonies, which is "Hell, Yeah!" worthy on several levels (especially the one involving a certain bag of marbles), plus it's a tribute to the director, the late, great Richard Donner, whose version of Superman not only made the world believe that a man could fly, the end of The Goonies proves that sometimes, ghost pirate ships can sail again. 

RIP, Mr. Donner.

Sloth ripping open his shirt to reveal a Superman T-shirt complete with the theme music was a good HY moment too.

• Love 6
On 3/22/2021 at 8:57 AM, Spartan Girl said:

I refuse to watch the stupid four-hour long SyndrrCut of Justice League but the clip I saw of Wonder Woman facing off with Steppenwolf was pretty awesome, especially this exchange:

Steppenwold: This one I’d mine!

Wonder Woman: I belong to no one!

Damn right!

Add to that the first time ever WW showed up on the big screen. I watched Batman v Superman in theaters and when she came in flying, all geared-up and saved Batman from becoming barbecue, I remember the crowd actually going nuts, cheering and screaming!

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Lya167 said:

Add to that the first time ever WW showed up on the big screen. I watched Batman v Superman in theaters and when she came in flying, all geared-up and saved Batman from becoming barbecue, I remember the crowd actually going nuts, cheering and screaming!

She was the best part of that trainwreck movie. 

• Love 6

From The Suicide Squad

Spoiler

Four Hell, Yeah!" moments from the last 20 minutes: when Amanda Waller's crew not only defied her order to kill the Squad for refusing to let more innocent villagers die, one of them knocked her the fuck out; when Polka-Dot Man attacked Starro by visualizing his psycho Mama, who experimented on him as a child, ruining his life in the process; when Ratcatcher 2 summoned the village's rats to destroy Starro from without and within (with a little help from Harley Quinn and Sebastian, Ratcatcher 2's pet rat) and Bloodshot's blackmailing Waller by threatening to expose the truth about Project Starro and the U.S. Government's involvement. Bonus "Hell, Yeah!" moment: Harley's escape from El Presidente's mansion after she was imprisoned for assassinating him. However, since El Presidente's plans included killing kids, I don't blame her. 

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 4
On 8/8/2021 at 6:18 PM, DollEyes said:

From The Suicide Squad

Hide contents

Four Hell, Yeah!" moments from the last 20 minutes: when Amanda Waller's crew not only defied her order to kill the Squad for refusing to let more innocent villagers die, one of them knocked her the fuck out; when Polka-Dot Man attacked Starro by visualizing his psycho Mama, who experimented on him as a child, ruining his life in the process; when Ratcatcher 2 summoned the village's rats to destroy Starro from without and within (with a little help from Harley Quinn and Sebastian, Ratcatcher 2's pet rat) and Bloodshot's blackmailing Waller by threatening to expose the truth about Project Starro and the U.S. Government's involvement. Bonus "Hell, Yeah!" moment: Harley's escape from El Presidente's mansion after she was imprisoned for assassinating him. However, since El Presidente's plans included killing kids, I don't blame her. 

Yeah, there was something immensely satisfying about Harley finally learning from her dating mistakes. And her speech to Silvio after she shot him was PERFECT: "I'm sorry. Recently, I made a promise to myself that the next time I got a boyfriend, I'd be on the lookout for red flags. And if I saw any, I would do the healthy thing, and I would murder him."

Also had to cheer at 

Spoiler

Savant's corpse getting pecked by a yellow bird, which was perfect karma for him killing that other poor yellow bird in his cell.

• Love 3

As ham-fisted and slightly dated as 1947's Gentleman's Agreement is, there is this gorgeous exchange that, nearly 75 years later, still holds up (unfortunately).

Bert McAnny: What? Now, Green, don't get me wrong. Why, some of my best friends are Jews.

Anne Dettrey:  I know dear, and some of your other best friends are Methodist, but you never bother to say it.

BOOM! Anyone who uses the "some of my best friends" argument deserves to be shredded good and proper! 

Incidentally, Anne was played by Celeste Holm, who won an Oscar for her performance (though I would have given it to her for just that line).

• Love 10

I just rewatched "Limitless" (2011) and I couldn't help but "Hell Yeah!" when Morra (Bradley Cooper) seems like he just became Carl Van Loon's (Robert DeNiro) bitch because he managed to create more of the drug and successfully run for senator.  Then we get to see Morra

Spoiler

tell Van Loon that not only was he no longer addicted to the drug but found a way to improve it and be able to have all the advantages but none of the drawbacks.  He also had multiple labs set up (because  Van Loon claimed he shut down what he thought was his only lab) and was able to even see way ahead of everyone else (about 50 steps ahead - seeing an accident about to happen, and Van Loon's impending heart trouble).  Then he tells him he won't be helping him in his personal endeavors (ie. political favors) and is able to meet his ex for lunch while speaking fluent Chinese!  

When I first saw the film, I thought they were going for a downer ending in which Morra would be beholden to others but luckily he could outsmart them!

Edited by magicdog
  • Love 1