Type keyword(s) to search

Shameless Fame Whores: Sister Wives in the Media

• Start Topic

(edited)
23 hours ago, toodles said:

I was at the grocery store and one of the rag mags said Kody is divorcing everyone and getting 2 new wives.

It was life & style mag and I couldn't find a link.  Ahh.  Famewhoring at it's finest.

I "read" (i.e., skimmed) it in line at the store yesterday.  It said basically what's already been posted here: the speculation about Kody being in hot pursuit of Robyn's relative as wife #5 and also another woman as wife #6 but I don't remember her name.  Janelle, Christine and Robyn are not amused; Meri couldn't care less because she's so far over everything she's in a different galaxy by this point.

It also had screen caps of alleged texts between Robyn and a friend expressing her frustration about Kody's "wife hunt."  But nothing too shocking. She basically is pissed, which is to be expected.  I'm personally happy to see the backstabbing minx get her comeuppance.  I just wish it didn't happen because Kody gets what he wants.  Again.

The source cited (who I believe was this same Kendra, friend of Robyn) also confirmed that it was mostly a ploy on Kody's part because he is desperate to keep the show on the air another season.  Of course, the young hot new playthings probably don't factor into his decision at all, I'm sure. He's scum.

Here's a link to the cover, but the story isn't available online.

http://www.lifeandstylemag.com/

I'm going to the store again later.  I'll see if I can get pics of the text convos from Robyn.  That was really the only "new" info.  That and the name of the second woman he's pursuing.

Edited by Rhondinella
  • Love 4

I wouldn't put it past that narcissistic asshole fame whore to dump every single one of the wives AND all the kids just to stay in the limelight.  Life is all about him, screw anybody who gets in his way.  And there are probably equally fame whoreish women out there who would go along with it for the TLC money.  

He is really the dregs of the human males.

• Love 8
(edited)

That's the magic of famewhores.  There is always someone available who thinks an aging douchebag with a bizillion kids, a few mortgages and four exwives that hate his guts is a great catch.  As long as there is a tv show there will some sweet, young thing ready to sign up.

Btw, if they don't film the divorce conversations, I'm going to be totally pissed.

Edited by toodles
(edited)

It's so easy to create a fake text that I put zero credence in such "evidence". As for the gossip rags the only one I trust is People, because they seem to actually vet their sources. Whoever the friend is seems to be parroting what everyone else says... Readers feel it's correct because it's echoing what they thought all along. 

Personally I don't believe that Kody is interested in a fifth wife but he can't say that outright because that's what keeps the viewers interested. 

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 8
On 7/3/2016 at 11:55 PM, MsTree said:

Wow...that alimony/palimony and child support order is gonna be ridiculous...if I believed that ;-)

Nevada does not recognize "common law marriage" or "palimony" if I recall correctly, and anyway, Kody and his various brood mares wouldn't qualify as common law spouses because they neither primarily cohabitate nor hold themselves out as exclusively married. 

The "birth certificate issue" is an absolute red herring that I cannot believe survives in 2016.  When a child support case is filed if there is even a hint or a whiff of denial or doubt about the paternity, the court simply orders a DNA test.  Heck, in many states if you show up at the hospital to give birth and you are not legally married to the dude you say is the father, who is RIGHT THERE WITH YOU, they will do a DNA test on the spot.  This is not 1950, and birth certificates are not what they used to be.

I would LOVE to see what a child support order for those kids would be, though at this point so many are approaching or over 18, it is less interesting than it would have been before.  BUT, now that he's legally adopted Robyn's Original Recipe kids, he's on the hook for their support as well.

• Love 1

Yes, and I find it odd that Janelle was chosen...Janelle, she of sitting on the interview couch and not saying a word.  I've seen the commercial several times but have never heard what Janelle says.  I also recall Kody doing his King Doofus Dance on the commercial as well.  LOL, excellent advertising for a show that is quickly circling the drain.

• Love 1
On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 6:03 PM, riverblue22 said:

Has anybody seen TLC's fancy new commercial which includes a bunch of their "stars"?  Interesting that Janelle and Jazz seem to have the biggest speaking parts.

My theory for why they chose Janelle is because she appears to be the least objectionable of the clan.

• Love 5

I just saw the commercial TLC is promoting for the line up of all their shows and up pops the Brown family, in the commercial Janelle is says, " stand up and own who you are" , I don't know how she managed to say that with a straight face, that is laughable coming from that bunch.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Coffee Girl said:

I just saw the commercial TLC is promoting for the line up of all their shows and up pops the Brown family, in the commercial Janelle is says, " stand up and own who you are" , I don't know how she managed to say that with a straight face, that is laughable coming from that bunch.

Own who you are? Too funny. 

• Love 1
(edited)
On 8/16/2015 at 9:03 AM, qtpye said:

(some other reply to another show that I don't even care about replying to presently but can't get rid of this damnable window

On 7/12/2016 at 6:57 AM, laurakaye said:

Yes, and I find it odd that Janelle was chosen...Janelle, she of sitting on the interview couch and not saying a word.  I've seen the commercial several times but have never heard what Janelle says.  I also recall Kody doing his King Doofus Dance on the commercial as well.  LOL, excellent advertising for a show that is quickly circling the drain.

I thought when I saw this post I thought oh well, they picked her because she somehow embodies a 'struggle' whether it is with weight or plygdom or whatever, the whole 'I fought my way from oppression' thing. But then I thought maybe she ain't all that 'oppressed' -maybe she's just a better bullshitter than the other ones. Or maybe the others didn't want to do it, or thought viewers 'liked' Janelle better than the others, who knows...

On 6/17/2016 at 1:13 PM, Celia Rubenstein said:

Seriously though, a 5th wife is out of the question.  Kody is spread too thin as it is, and they can't afford to start another brood. But what they could do is have a 5th courtship.  And have it blow up in Kody's face!  We would get all the fun and drama of seeing a new woman navigate the herd, watch the others sniff her and bristle, all the fun of dress shopping and cake testing (yawn) and then BAM! Kody gets stood up at the altar.  It would be so sweet to see him get dumped.  Watch him enjoy a little taste of what his wives feel all the damn time.  I'd be down for that.

I like this idea, the only problem is that it would be fake.

On 6/17/2016 at 1:28 PM, CofCinci said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Kody ends up sleeping with that niece. 

I'm not sure she's his type, but what is his type anyway? Maybe he's not her type for all we know. Would #4 be cool with that, doubtful.

On 6/17/2016 at 2:16 PM, RazzleberryPie said:

If he is insistent on more children, there will be another wife.

I was thinking this too, except when kodfish said the thing about maybe he should "grow up and stop having kids". But if one of their 'causes' is to keep putting their genepool out there, then yeah he would if the others seemed ok with it. At some point though  it starts getting unfair to the kids, continuing to have them late in the game, no matter how many mommies there are.

On 6/25/2016 at 4:03 AM, VedaPierce said:

I actually see it as a the last grasps for viewers...seems like producers egging him on to be more rill so that there would be more interest in the show. The show is circling the drain, the producers are probably pushing them all to reveal more, get rawer, and this is what they trot out, some old resentments that now suddenly need fixing between Meri and Janelle, and Kody showing his 'tough' side. Yawn. The Browns never really reveal anything ugly intentionally. Even during the tell alls, Christine walks off when talk about a baby between Robyn and Kody was broached. She comes back and no follow up questions were asked! Seems like that was a big dill to Christine! But nothing else was said. Or Robyn saying she's refusing to throw a sister wife under the bus by not admitting who gets jealous and why during the last tell all. These people have never really been honest and never will. The bird Kody threw is posturing at emotion.

The flipping off thing was so, so 7th grader. No offense to 7th graders, you're supposed to be at least kind of an immature ahole at that age.

On 6/25/2016 at 4:56 AM, CofCinci said:

When it comes to wife #5, Robyn is going to make the same mistake Meri did. 

You mean by this being the one who 'picks' the next one? Not sure if that is how it works, unless it's some other reason I am missing. Thinking #5 is going to be her new BFF like Meri did, (or at least damage control in having a hand in it). Or any or all of these.

Edited by BlackWidow
added some stuff

This isn't related to the Sister Wives or their show, but is media of general polygamy news that will probably be of interest to several of you, so I hope it is okay to post in this thread. The news is about a month old, but I only read about it yesterday.

Lyle Jeffs, Warren Jeffs' brother, is awaiting trial on fraud charges related to the handling of food stamp benefits by the United Order in Short Creek. Last month his trial was continued, and against the wishes of the federal prosecutors, the judge released him on house arrest with electronic monitoring. He managed to slip out of the ankle bracelet and disappear. I'm posting the link to the CNN article, but be forewarned that it has an autoplaying video on it. Autoplay videos should be banned from the internet.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/13/us/flds-lyle-jeffs-escape/

• Love 2

Indirectly related to the Browns, this article about the housing bubble in Las Vegas reminded me of their situation.

Apparently they aren't the only people with mega-mansions in this part of the country and no way to pay for them! Clearly once the TLC gravy train is over, they will be going back to Utah (it was interesting to see this season that their old family home is still in the mix, probably as a safety net). 

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/03/us/las-vegas-2008-housing-crash.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=second-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

9 hours ago, Yogini40 said:

Indirectly related to the Browns, this article about the housing bubble in Las Vegas reminded me of their situation.

Apparently they aren't the only people with mega-mansions in this part of the country and no way to pay for them! Clearly once the TLC gravy train is over, they will be going back to Utah (it was interesting to see this season that their old family home is still in the mix, probably as a safety net). 

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/03/us/las-vegas-2008-housing-crash.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=second-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

I've said it before so forgive me for repeating myself but I live in Vegas about 5 miles from the browns.  I don't live in a mcmansions, but I have a comfortable home.  My house is above '06 value.  And color me crazy, but I live within my means.  But here is the thing:  I have ONE house.  These foolish, foolish people people bought four houses plus the house they still own in Utah. They financed appliances, blinds and who knows what else with the mortgages.

They just make my blood boil.  I agree they will end up back in Utah with their collective tails between their legs and another string of bankruptcies under their belts.  The adults, all of them, are grifters of the worst kind.  Milking the system in the name of religion is the lowest of the low.  At least the kids seem like good people.

• Love 5

I went to the Facebook page for Sister Wives to see if there was anything interesting. There wasn't, lol. However a post was really funny to me. It said, can't sleep? Watch sister wives online. Lol! They didn't think that one out!

• Love 12

The Browns want polygamy declared legal and they are vowing to take their case to the Supreme Court.

Kody Brown and his four wives say that polygamous marriages can be just as healthy as monogamous unions, and they argue a Utah law that makes plural marriages a felony violates their right to freedom of speech and religion.

Just as healthy, lol.  If you say so.

They are still claiming they have been persecuted and had to flee Utah and that they live with this constant horrible threat hanging over their heads. Apparently the courts are not buying it any more than their audience has and keep shutting them down because they were never actually charged with a crime. I guess panicking over nothing and dragging your children and wives from their home in the middle of the night because you are a drama queen doesn't count. 

What an unfortunate poster boy Kody is for the cause of polygamy.  Surely someone who actually has been persecuted and is not such a putz could take up the charge.  Maybe Kody is the only plyg with fifteen wives and nine hundred kids who has time for this crap. The other ones are all busy with JOBS and raising their children and unimportant stuff like that. 

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 7

Now that I'm watching Escaping Polygamy on A&E it makes my blood boil even more at the way the Browns are trying to normalize this kind of relationship when it all centers on the guy's needs and not the sister wives or the kids. Look at the way this family dynamic has harmed the older kids whom we thought were doing well by going to college but now a few of them have dropped out so clearly their upbringing has harmed their interactions with the wider world.

Kody taking this to the SCOTUS is so ridiculous because their family isn't the epitome of a functioning polygamist family.

• Love 4

Well, to be fair, plenty of kids from other types of families drop out and/or change course when it comes to college.  Our late teens and early 20's brains don't always come up with the best plans.  If there is an underlying Brown influence on these decisions, my guess is that it's more due to their easy-come-easy-go approach to committing to hard work rather than not knowing how to function in a monogamist world.  

But yeah, if the Browns thought they were making polygamy look attractive and healthy that is laughable!

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

But yeah, if the Browns thought they were making polygamy look attractive and healthy that is laughable!

That's the thing. They come across as miserable. They think they are showing something different than what we actually see.

• Love 5
18 hours ago, maraleia said:

Now that I'm watching Escaping Polygamy on A&E it makes my blood boil even more at the way the Browns are trying to normalize this kind of relationship when it all centers on the guy's needs and not the sister wives or the kids. Look at the way this family dynamic has harmed the older kids whom we thought were doing well by going to college but now a few of them have dropped out so clearly their upbringing has harmed their interactions with the wider world.

Kody taking this to the SCOTUS is so ridiculous because their family isn't the epitome of a functioning polygamist family.

It makes my blood boil too.

I watch escaping polygamy too.  You can argue all day long that this is just reality tv and it's fake, but up can't fake the pain and anguish on the faces of the people living this life.

The Browns are the most delusional people on the planet.  If it were legal, these men would be required to support their kids and wives.  

No amount of painted corn cans, wet bars, commitment ceremonies, rock stacking, cardboard boats or whatever makes one bit of difference.  If it weren't for tlc, they would be living in that crap shack in Utah, bleeding the beast for every last dime.

These people are hypocrites of the worst kind.

• Love 8
On 8/10/2016 at 3:31 PM, maraleia said:

It makes complete sense to me.  Of course Kody would love the attention of the Supreme Court.  He wants any and all attention anytime he can get it.  What's better than the Supreme Court and the evening news?

Hopefully, the Supreme Court will choose not to hear the case if it comes to them.

• Love 2

I want to know what idiot lawyer is taking the case at all?  Surely there is no money to pay one unless this person is planning on writing a Tell All book following the course of the attempt to get SCOTUS to make a ruling.

With the dire state of the world these days, I would think SCOTUS as WAY more important things to worry about than some self proclaimed demigod and his gaggle of sheep wives.

• Love 4

Here is an interesting article that discusses making polygamy legal, just for those who are interested.

Sister Wives is mentioned as having brought about an increase in public support of the practice.

Caught between those on both sides of a political spectrum who argue the state should allow consenting adults to marry whomever they please, polygamists have not seen much mainstream support historically. Support has increased from 5 percent in 2006 to 16 percent today, according to Gallup. The biggest one-year jump in public approval came in 2011, after TLC’s “Sister Wives” about a polygamist family first aired.

So 2011 ... that would have been season one where they were all happily living in the big house in Utah, right?  I am not surprised subsequent seasons have not brought about the same increase in approval of polygamy.  The Brown family makes it looks like a worse way to live every season.  At this point, they would probably serve their cause better if they just got the hell off TV.  They are doing more harm than good at this point.

• Love 4

If they want to make polygamy legal, fine with me.  Have as many wives and children you want, just don't make the tax payer responsible for it in welfare and food stamps.  You make the "religious" choice to have many wives and children, pay for it!

t

• Love 15

Of course Narcissist Kody wants to take his case to the Supreme Court. 

I'm surprised that support for polygamy has increased via Sister Wives-- every "wife" in this series is miserable.  Christine has cried for 4 years straight!

• Love 2

There should be a huge overhaul of the welfare system before the Supreme Court even begins to look at polygamy. I know everyone from all walks of life are cheating the system but having a man with 100 wives or a woman with 100 husbands is a recipe for a huge scamming system (similar to the FLDS Food Stamp, money laundering fraud case).

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Rainflower said:

There should be a huge overhaul of the welfare system before the Supreme Court even begins to look at polygamy.

All they want is for polygamy to not be illegal in Utah. They don't want it to be legal as in they can marry legally. There is a big difference between the two. They still want to bleed the beast with the current welfare system. They still want the mothers to be single moms.

Ever since Utah put the illegal polygamy law on the books, the Browns have been involved in the media, boasting about how polygamy isn't all bad and shouldn't be illegal. The attorney that reps them currently in their case is involved in the LGBTQ community and sees it as a case that could (down the road) help that community in their fight for equality. I don't think he sees past the legal/illegal fight and sees the brutal life these women and children live.

• Love 5

"TLC knows [Kody's] not well-liked by viewers," a source tells Life & Style. "[He's] done so many messed-up things that it serves him right to be pushed aside."

Truer words were never spoken...

• Love 2

Even if it's not true, kody is an asshat.  Tell us again why you needed FOUR mcmansions.  This really just chaps my hide.

If it is true (which I suspect it could be) , I hope the original recipe wives take him to the cleaners. 

The whole gang better start looking for a job.  Like yesterday.

• Love 2

I don't understand why the women would threaten to leave Kody if he adds more women to the family. There is no limit to the amount of "wives" a man in the AUB can have. The Brown women knew this when they signed up to be part of Kody's harem. As for marrying younger women, it is understandable. Despite what the Brown family says, polygamy is mostly about having sex and making babies at least for the men. It is clear that Kody does not have any deep emotional attachments to any of his wives to make polygamy seem like it is for family or any other BS explanations they can make.

On top of that, weren't the Brown women gushing about how great it is to have sister wives and how they would never want to live in a monogamous marriage?

If they divorce Kody, will the Brown women remarry into polygamous families or stay single? Or will they end up in monogamous marriages (something they say they would never do)?

A bit off topic::

I wonder if Meri gotten a dog to keep her company because Kody, Mariah, and the others are still angry with her over the whole catfish thing.

Apparently Meri found a kitten, injured or sick and took it in. Then it was discovered it had internal injuries and had to be put down. So, as an example of the communication between these oh so happy family members:

https://mobile.twitter.com/MeriBrown1/status/774038847495675905?p=v

And Meri being mysterious............

https://mobile.twitter.com/MeriBrown1/status/771370702121242624/photo/1

Do we think this is wine?

https://mobile.twitter.com/MeriBrown1/status/774414131063435264?p=v

• Love 1

They are just trying to promote interest in themselves.  The hook of new wives is just b.s. playing to what draws the most attention to the Browns.  Ditto with Meri--she probably is planning to concert trip to California or something equally uninteresting...maybe she has found a new band to adore.  It would be nice if it was excitement for school or a new job but that is unlikely.

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, Rhondinella said:

I'm amused to think that Meri and Kody only communicate through Twitter now.

Well, you can't understand because you are just a poor misguided monogamousist.  I'm sure they would be amused to learn you communicate with the people in your life via talking, in addition to social media.

• Love 4

The thing that surprised me the most about the twitter communication between Kody and Meri is that Kody mentioned Truely. I am really and truly shocked he remembers her. However, I hate that I thought that if Sol or baby sister wanted a cat, Kody would have gone to a cat breeder for the very best cat he can find rather than give his favorite children a cat that was found on the streets (not that I think street cats are bad...just think Kody would give his favorites the very best).

What I didn't like is him telling Meri to get the cat's shots before sending the cat to Christine. I know the cat is not going to make it but if it was a healthy cat, a concern parent would ask if the cat is skittish around children, had any behavior problems that the children should know about, etc. On top of that, did he even ask Christine if she wanted a cat in her house? Or does her wants even matter to him?

IMO, the communication between those two is a very poor act. Kody's sad attempt to show people he is still in control of his harem and that his relationship with Meri has been repaired. I have a strong feeling that the catfish situation still bugs the hell out of him.

Edited by Rainflower