Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Quiver

Lisin
  • Start Topic

The season finale was pretty good.  I quit watching ages ago, nothing better on tonight, heard there was time travel, so I watched.  It was pretty good, but man are some people who love that character going to go nuts on ew.com comments.

Well, they disintegrated, so I think so.  Especially since it's known that the network b-slapped the producers for sidelining other characters for them.

I wish I could take this as a hopeful sign for Arrow but it's Fox, they are way more likely to interfere with shows. 

Darn, I fell asleep during Sleepy Hollow, so I missed it!  I might check out the forum to see what people are saying.  I would hope for network interference to get Arrow back on track, but they're most likely pleased with the ratings and seem to be huge KC fans since she's been on multiple CW shows, so I think that we're stuck with what we've got unless ratings start tanking.

I just realized that OUAT is returning in less than a week, and I'm not even slightly excited about it. *sigh* Maybe it's time to finally relegate this one to Netflix viewing. The only thing I'm even a little bit interested in is finding out what's going on with the Knave. But I have no interest at all in the Queens of Darkness arc or the book author arc.

Any OUAT watchers here? How are you feeling about season 4B?

Next week is pretty fun for me, in terms of television at least. Agents of Shield returns and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is getting released on Netflix! I'll watch anything Tina Fey so I'm pretty excited.

OUAT stopped airing here in the UK after season two. I still liked it, but I didn't really care that I couldn't watch season three, either. Although they keep hiring people I like to watch, like Elizabeth Mitchell, so maybe I'll catch up one day.

I watched OUAT 4A for the Frozen storyline and Elizabeth Mitchell after having given up on the show during season 2. From watching that I realized I only liked the Frozen characters and Elizabeth Mitchell. So I have no desire to watch 4B now that they are gone. 

I'm excited for Bates Motel to return on March 9th. Game Thrones starts on April 12 and Orphan Black returns on April 18 with the premiere playing on BBC America, AMC, SundanceTV, IFC and We TV. I don't think that's ever been done before. I think they are trying to get some much needed and deserved notice for Tatiana Maslany. 

Edited by Sakura12

Yes! I watched all 3 seasons of The Mindy Project. I enjoy this shows glad embrace of the otp and otp problems. Though it does annoy me that Peter often knows things before Danny.

I thought they rushed it a little with the former minister and then with Cliff, but I've been mostly satisfied with how the relationship has gone. I am VERY glad Mindy has decided to do her own thing with the practice, though her love ran cold for San Francisco very quickly.

• Love 3

Completely random observation: we have 49,969 posts in Arrow, which exceeds any of the other shows I'm watching (OUaT is next with 31k, the venerable Supernatural with 19k).  I remember months ago the mods saying this was the busiest forum; I hadn't quite grasped the magnitude until now.  Yay us?   Maybe a 50k post party is in order?  I just "attended" a 5000 page celebration on a game forum, and it was pretty neat to see all the artwork, writing, and happy memories about the thread community.

• Love 4

I just realized that OUAT is returning in less than a week, and I'm not even slightly excited about it. *sigh* Maybe it's time to finally relegate this one to Netflix viewing. The only thing I'm even a little bit interested in is finding out what's going on with the Knave. But I have no interest at all in the Queens of Darkness arc or the book author arc.

Well, I am looking forward to it. They've had some missteps here and there but overall I think it is enjoyable. I may be the minority, but I actually do like that they reformed Regina. They had run out of good evil stories for her, and frankly with her back story they did explain realistically how she got mislead into being evil by her mother. The retcon/redeem that I cannot stand is Mr. Gold/Rumplestilskin. That one is just ridiculous!

love that he sacrificed himself to save his town & his son, but they rest of everything he does is for himself or evil. so i cant believe that he is ever gonna be good or redeemed. And his relationship with Belle is just frustrating because they'll never be happy, because he will always be evil to a degree. They should have done Beauty & the Beast with different characters, or at least a difft beast.

. Im also looking forward to the 2nd half because I love the actress who play Ursula (Francie from Alias) & Maleficent (Pam from True Blood), so I think similar to Elizabeth Mitchell and their other guest actors they should be interesting to watch. Dont know anything about the actress playing Cruella, not quite sure Cruella would have been a villian I would have thought to cast, but hopefully she works out. I do love how the writers continue to find new ways to tell stories on the show, these capsule seasons are a good idea for them, otherwise it would become boring for them to recycle the same drama with their main characters over & over again. The one thing I am leery about is that they seem to want to make Emma be possibly evil by the newly released promos, so that could either go really bad or really good. I dont see it having a neutral effect on the show. 

• Love 1

I watch OUAT, but I'm not particularly invested anymore. I liked season 3 a lot, but season 4a was a bit meh for me.

Rumple is my favorite character, but they are kind of butchering him. Redeem him, or don't, just choose a side, instead of going back and forth. Last season's finale was awesome for me, but it was so disappointing to see him fall back into habit this year. I understand the struggle they want to show, but he should be stronger at this point. Although RC broke my heart in the midseason finale, I was cheering Belle on. 

Yes to Emma possibly going evil, because I feel like they don't give Emma her due, so it'd be nice if they would focus on her properly. 

Tonight is the last episdose of Agent Carter, and I'm sad because I like it a lot more than Agents of SHIELD.  Better storytelling; maybe it's the lack of focus on superheroes and powers, and just the focus on heroes doing a great job.

Dude!  

They killed both Henry AND Katrina! Why can't they trim out the dead wood on Arrow like that?!?

Spoilers for Sleepy Hollow.

I'm going to refer to it as the Sleepy Hollow Salvation (as opposed to the Moonlighting Curse), when a show realizes what's wrong and saves itself in time to get a renewal (hopefully).  I wish the Arrow EPs would se that instead of "we're giving you what you need, not what you want".  I started worrying when they upped Katia Winter to full time status after last season and I was right.

For the first time all season, I enjoyed a couple of episodes of Sleepy Hollow.

• Love 6

Tonight is the last episdose of Agent Carter, and I'm sad because I like it a lot more than Agents of SHIELD.  Better storytelling; maybe it's the lack of focus on superheroes and powers, and just the focus on heroes doing a great job.

I've really enjoyed what I've seen so far; my partner was out on travel, so we agreed to save the last few eps until they came back.  I tend to call it my "non-ragey Mad Men".

BTW, statsgirl, you're our Golden Mask / Quiver winner! 

Arrow50k.jpg

• Love 1

Since the first season every time the show goes on a long hiatus I have a real hard time getting back into it and tend to let the episodes pile up...but when I eventually get to watching them I really enjoy it.  It may be one of those shows best watched without much time to dwell on what they are doing .  It's been a winning formula for me so far.  It lets me skip all the angst and that is very helpful.  So that said, this year I will purposely let the episodes pile up on my DVR as opposed to it accidentally happening.  So yes, I'm looking forward to 4B, but only because binge watching it takes away the irritation.    

I watch OUAT, but I'm not particularly invested anymore. I liked season 3 a lot, but season 4a was a bit meh for me.

Rumple is my favorite character, but they are kind of butchering him. Redeem him, or don't, just choose a side, instead of going back and forth. Last season's finale was awesome for me, but it was so disappointing to see him fall back into habit this year. I understand the struggle they want to show, but he should be stronger at this point. Although RC broke my heart in the midseason finale, I was cheering Belle on. 

Yes to Emma possibly going evil, because I feel like they don't give Emma her due, so it'd be nice if they would focus on her properly.

That scene with Rumple and Belle got to me as well. RC being the Fantastic actor He is and I was cheering Belle on as well. I feel this season has been great for Emma this looks to be her season FINALLY loved her and Elsa being friends and an awesome duo. Snow Queen Igrid was the first Villian I felt sorry for. I'm hoping 4B is good cause I loved 4A. Elsa Anna Kristoff and Ingrid were all awesome

He was FABULOUS in Fringe.  Walter Bishop is one of my all-time favorite tv characters.  But his character in SH was terrible.  He was this oldish guy obsessed with his crappy childhood, blaming his parents for it (both of whom were basically dead), and willing to send the whole world literally to Hell because of his man/boy-pain.  Not Noble's fault at all, but man the character sucked. 

• Love 2

Noble's character on Sleepy Hollow was a zillion times more interesting when he was just the sin eater. He did creepy, otherworldly benevolence so well. I rolled my eyes so hard when it turned out that he was Ichabod's son.

• Love 7

To those of you who watched Parks and Rec, what did you guys think of the series finale? 

I thought it was such a wonderful tribute to the show and to the characters. It was the best kind of love letter. I'm gonna miss the show so bad :/

tumblr_inline_nkb77hXDgz1qmi5lg.gif

tumblr_inline_nkb77wC3A31qmi5lg.gif

• Love 2

To those of you who watched Parks and Rec, what did you guys think of the series finale? 

I thought it was such a wonderful tribute to the show and to the characters. It was the best kind of love letter. I'm gonna miss the show so bad :/

I thought it was absolutely perfect.

The only thing I would've changed is

I would've liked to have seen Ron's wife Diane around. He seemed kind of lonely?

Edited by apinknightmare

I thought it was absolutely perfect.

The only thing I would've changed is

I would've liked to have seen Ron's wife Diane around. He seemed kind of lonely?

Same. But I think it's because the actress had scheduling issues? I just wanted something more for him... IDK 

The Parks and Rec series finale was an absolute love letter to both the characters and fans. I loved it. That's how you respect your audience. 

• Love 4

Joe Adalian @TVMoJoe  ·  Feb 24

SLEEPY HOLLOW ends S2 with 4.4M viewers and a 1.4 A18-49 in same-day ratings. A year ago: 7M and a 2.4. [No VOICE vs SH finale '14]

And that's after people came back when the second last episode was so good.

AMAZING

I would've liked Diane there...as well as an Ann flash forward (or at least her watching Leslie getting the honorary doctorate) but those are tiny things and didn't take away from how great it was. 

I just rewatched the P&R finale, and I'm noticing so many little things I didn't catch the first time. Jean Ralphio's champagne in that scene with Typhoon and Craig in the airplane, April being pregnant at the beginning when she went to Donna's to set up Teach Yo Self, one of the trick-or-treaters at Andy and April's being dressed up like Star Lord. How many american flags did Ben and Leslie have in their living room? Haha. 

And the first time I watched I thought Leslie was president, but now I realize it was Ben - since he was the first person the SS agent spoke to at Garry's funeral, and because he was the one wearing the american flag pin. 

I just rewatched the P&R finale, and I'm noticing so many little things I didn't catch the first time. Jean Ralphio's champagne in that scene with Typhoon and Craig in the airplane, April being pregnant at the beginning when she went to Donna's to set up Teach Yo Self, one of the trick-or-treaters at Andy and April's being dressed up like Star Lord. How many american flags did Ben and Leslie have in their living room? Haha. 

And the first time I watched I thought Leslie was president, but now I realize it was Ben - since he was the first person the SS agent spoke to at Garry's funeral, and because he was the one wearing the american flag pin. 

Oh my goddddddddddddddddddddddd. That finale was a masterpiece. I'm still not over the fact that it's over D:

tumblr_inline_ng1o5qUq3X1qcyexx.gif

tumblr_inline_ng1o84zkhn1qcyexx.gif

• Love 1

I've never been a Star Trek fan (too cold and sterile for me), but I loved Leonard Nimoy's voice work on Civilization IV. He added so much to that game with his reading of the technology discovery quotes. I honestly wouldn't mind having a little audiofile of all those quotes, to play when I need to relax.

• Love 1