Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

18 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

As you already found out, if you post anonymously, your name and profile picture will still be visible to the group's admins and moderators, as well as to Facebook.

I left a review on the doctor’s personal website, not Facebook. 

• Useful 3

So what is going on now with this site.  We are listed as yellow light, and the format has changed drastically.  The posts are not the correct size and are all over the place.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1

So what is going on now with this site.  We are listed as yellow light, and the format has changed drastically.  The posts are not the correct size and are all over the place.

Current “status”:

IMG_6922.jpeg

I have a question. Can anyone recommend a book for a lady whose husband has been diagnosed with cancer?  She is having trouble processing and full of the “what ifs”.  Thank you 🙏🏻 

• Hugs 6

I have a question. Can anyone recommend a book for a lady whose husband has been diagnosed with cancer?  She is having trouble processing and full of the “what ifs”.  Thank you 🙏🏻 

Is she religious? There are many with this as the focus.

(edited)

This is a real sport!  I was shocked and mildly amused.  It will make you smile. Not a wasted 2 minutes.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 2
  • LOL 1
14 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

This is a real sport!  I was shocked and mildly amused.  It will make you smile. Not a wasted 2 minutes.  

I saw a news report about this a couple of years ago.  So wacky.

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
3 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I think I may have mentioned this a few months ago, but since I had been really looking for some good motivation to get back into my art work more seriously, my librarian daughter offered that I could do an exhibition at the library where she works, since they have a big gallery space where they do monthly rotating exhibits. So I've been painting steadily...The room will need about 60-70 pieces to fill the walls, and I figured I had about 25-30 older works around the house that could go in, so I've been trying to average a painting per week since the beginning of the year. Probably still have about 15 more to do by October (when the show is scheduled). It's all really exciting! Sometimes I feel as though I am improving, and at other times I still look at my work and feel as though it's hopelessly amateurish compared with that of "real" artists. At any rate, here are a couple of my latest. The scene with the cloudy sky and lake is just about done, and the one with the figure (my cousin in England) sitting on a rock still needs a bunch of foreground detail and refinement of the figure, but I feel as though it's coming along. Just in case anyone is interested in seeing my progress.

FB_IMG_1718220986892.jpg

FB_IMG_1718220977158.jpg

Lovely indeed. Thanks for sharing.  

• Like 6

Slept in a bit today. I’m outside having my coffee. My daughter just came out with a huge cup of water and a neck cooler. She gave me the cup, and put the cooler on my neck. I asked, what’s this? She said the elderly are at risk. 🤣🤣🤣

IMG_6987.jpeg

• Hugs 3
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3

That is funny.

My daughter and I joked about this yesterday. She is in upstate NY and we are in Michigan, so both under the heat warning. Our power was briefly out and she asked if I was starting the generator for AC. (never happens) I told her I was cleaning storage areas in the basement, where it was nice and cool so there was no need for that.

We have some of those "instant" neck cooler towel things. They are great. My grands  have them for sports when the weather is really hot. We also learned long ago at a scout camp in AR that a frozen bottle of water on the back of your neck helps cool your body.

Stay cool and safe friends who are in the excessive heat areas.

• Like 10

it's 90 here today, but kind of windy, so not too bad. I've got robins sitting on a nest on my front porch. I put out some water for the parents and any other critters who need a drink. Yesterday was unbearably humid. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

The heat is bothering me as I age. I can barely take it and it’s not 100 degrees. I feel like a whimp. Stay cool as best as you can!

Same! The older I get, the less I can tolerate heat and humidity. It’s mostly the humidity that tortures me.

2 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

• Hugs 3

Baltimore is in the same heat wave, and it sucks.  Yesterday, when Mr. Six left for work at 630am, it was already 74* with 86% humidity.  He has two temperatures that show in his car.  The outside temp and the air inlet temp.  When he left around 415pm, the air inlet temp was 101*.  My POTS symptoms get amplified in the heat and humidity, so I'm doing my best to stay inside.  Our little tortie girl has a cardiologist consult on Friday, and I'm not looking forward to the trip.  It's less than 15 miles, but between the heat and traffic, I'm more worried about the trip than I am about the appointment.

• Hugs 9
41 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Decamped.

Left this fun place. Ok thanks for the update.

2 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

She was recommending another site, but I could not figure out how to use it, even after I registered.  It did not seem user-friendly at all.

I couldn’t figure it out either.

• Like 8
On 6/12/2024 at 12:38 PM, Jynnan tonnix said:

At any rate, here are a couple of my latest. The scene with the cloudy sky and lake is just about done, and the one with the figure (my cousin in England) sitting on a rock still needs a bunch of foreground detail and refinement of the figure, but I feel as though it's coming along. Just in case anyone is interested in seeing my progress.

You ARE a real artist! So evocative! Thanks for sharing!

• Like 3
16 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

She was recommending another site, but I could not figure out how to use it, even after I registered.  It did not seem user-friendly at all.

Where and when did she recommend another site?

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Where and when did she recommend another site?

While we were in the red zone, and people were talking about other sites to go to.  It was called something like Down another Rabbit Hole.  I registered but could not post anything.  I'm not sure if she posted or if she sent me a PM.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

While we were in the red zone, and people were talking about other sites to go to.  It was called something like Down another Rabbit Hole.  I registered but could not post anything.  I'm not sure if she posted or if she sent me a PM.

Another former mod DMed me about it. I also signed up but never posted there. It's pretty much a ghost town. I just checked it, and it only has 11 posts for the House of the Dragon episode. Pathetic. 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Former mods created a new message board. She's a moderator there. 

How would I have found out about this?

44 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Another former mod DMed me about it. I also signed up but never posted there. It's pretty much a ghost town. I just checked it, and it only has 11 posts for the House of the Dragon episode. Pathetic. 

Yeah, who wants to join a dead site? 🤷‍♀️ sigh.

• Like 1
(edited)
49 minutes ago, AstridM said:

How would I have found out about this?

The way I found out was through a private message, or whatever they’re called here. To my knowledge it was never posted.

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

The way I found out was through a private message, or whether they’re called here. To my knowledge it was never posted.

Like your new avatar! RIP Willie. 😢

• Like 3
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

The way I found out was through a private message, or whatever they’re called here. To my knowledge it was never posted.

Thanks. It’s all so disappointing.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

The pregnant woman is the infamous Karissa Collins. 

That dress is too much! 

Just Googled Karissa. A few of her kids have very interesting names. Is she a modern Fundy?

• Like 2