Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

52 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

If the last couple years have taught me anything, it’s that there are far more narcissists and sociopaths walking among us than I ever suspected. 

I'm bringing this here to Small Talk because it resonates with me so much. It's been more like the past ten years in my case, but I have encountered a handful of people that were outstandingly manipulative and dishonest. I'm glad I figured them out well enough to avoid too much trouble.

I encountered them in different situations. At some point during that time I read the book The Sociopath Next Door, which I found very helpful.  I even wrote up some notes, lol. One of my takeaways from the book is that although sociopaths may be successful in life, or people who are always besieged by problems and struggles, the most common method they use to get their way with good people (the ones who have a conscience, which a sociopath lacks), is via: pity.

Another takeaway is that you won't get anywhere by confronting a sociopath who has damaged you or a loved one in any way, thinking you'll be able to make them understand the pain they've caused. Nope. They may try to fake it, but they don't feel it. I watch a lot of true crime documentaries, and I always just shake my head sadly when the criminal has been caught and the victims or the crime say things like, "I want to get up in court and make them see how much they have hurt me/my family." Nope. They won't. They may regret getting caught but they are incapable of feeling genuine empathy because they lack a conscience. 

Sorry to roll off on that rant. I've been meaning to thank @Scarlett45 for sharing her news and the lovely pix of her pets. And to wish @Cinnabon a very belated happy birthday. Kudos to those who are cleaning out their excess stuff and thinking ahead in that regard. I'm glad we are halfway through February, my least favorite month of the year. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 20
13 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I’m reminded of a picture I had seen online and saved. (Looking for it made me see how many pictures I have saved on my phone. Oh my!)

2F3AF92C-BF1D-41A3-8A70-C623667176E5.jpeg

And this reminds me of:

Nails In The Fence, Author Unknown

There once was a little boy who had a bad temper. His father gave him a bag of nails and told him that every time he lost his temper, he must hammer a nail into the back of the fence.

The first day the boy had driven 37 nails into the fence. Over the next few weeks, as he learned to control his anger, the number of nails hammered daily gradually dwindled down. He discovered it was easier to hold his temper than to drive those nails into the fence.

Finally the day came when the boy didn't lose his temper at all. He told his father about it and the father suggested that the boy now pull out one nail for each day that he was able to hold his temper. The days passed and the young boy was finally able to tell his father that all the nails were gone.

The father took his son by the hand and led him to the fence. He said, "You have done well, my son, but look at the holes in the fence. The fence will never be the same. When you say things in anger, they leave a scar just like this one. You can put a knife in a man and draw it out. It won't matter how many times you say I'm sorry, the wound is still there."

The little boy then understood how powerful his words were. He looked up at his father and said "I hope you can forgive me father for the holes I put in you."

"Of course I can," said the father.

• Love 18

Something I used in Sunday School , I bought them each a small tube of toothpaste and a paper plate. I would have them squeeze all the toothpaste they could onto the plate. This was accompanied by lots of giggles and laughter. After they all had emptied their tube and said now put it back into the tube. Shocked looks because they know that was impossible.  I then explained that when we talk badly about someone, say  mean and hurtful things, we can never repair the damage, we can never make things like they were before so we need to think before we speak and ( because it was Sunday School)  to make sure that Jesus would approve of what was being said. They were 5 and 6 year olds..the worst they said was to call brother or sister a stupid poo poo head.

Edited by crazycatlady58
  • Love 15

MommyRabbittron here and if I didn't know better I would swear that I have COVID.  My kidney doctor put me on 2 new medications and the side effects are loss of smell and taste. Of course my sister who is a chef has  been cooking and freezing food so I will have a month worth of food after she leaves.

• Love 4

Oh, MommyRabbittron, I'm sorry about the loss of smell and taste. I hope the medications help you, though. 

ETA: Yesterday I got my state and federal income tax returns done and e-filed. I owed some money on both - not surprising, I expected it. Decided to go ahead and pay now instead of waiting till the due date in April. I have the money, it's not a hardship, and we never know what can happen in the future. I've been using tax preparation software since I first found it in the mid-90s. I'm prone to arithmetical errors and hate reading tax forms and instructions. For years I used a nice inexpensive tax prep software - and then Intuit bought that company. So now I buy TurboTax every year when Costco has it at a discount. It's worth it to me. It walks me through the process and crunches the numbers. 

One year, almost 20 years ago, I filed my tax returns in February - and suddenly fell ill in April. Almost a solid week of 101F (sometimes higher) temperature, body aches, it wasn't respiratory flu - the docs never did figure out a diagnosis. I was mostly bedridden and completely miserable. And that was the week that included April 15, back before e-filing was a thing. No way I could have even thought about filing for an extension. The memory of that is a sure cure for any tendency to procrastinate on my taxes, even today!  [Further edit, I think e-filing was a thing at that time, but not as big as it is now - and whether by paper or e-filing, I was too ill to deal with it at all, lol.] Also, in case I didn't make it clear, using software for tax returns has helped cure my previously entrenched tendency to procrastinate about my tax returns. I was terrible about it!

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 11

I’m dropping off my tax info with my tax preparer tomorrow. I stopped doing them myself when I got a job with a company that gave me stock shares. I have no idea how to deal with the taxes on selling shares, so it’s peace of mind to have a professional do it.

I so do not want to be working today. It’s just one of those days where I don’t feel like making yet another PowerPoint deck. So much PowerPoint…..

• Love 10

I’m on the Nextdoor app for my neighborhood. Last night someone posted a picture of a kid; say between 10-13 years old. They complained that he was standing in their yard to wait for the school bus. It causes her dogs to bark and that would wake her baby. The child also left empty water bottles on her mailbox. What got me was that this person posted a picture of the child. Now after all my reading of Josh Duggar this gave me the chills. The Nextdoor app is open to all including pedophiles etc and I’m afraid of someone seeing it and targeting this young person. The poster was asked to take it down for such reasons. They won’t. Others said to call the sheriffs department to report the young person for trespassing and littering. I read a lot of not nice exchanges between those who were worried for the kids safety and those who thought the child should be reported. Why didn’t the original poster just go to the end of her driveway and speak to him? I’d be upset if someone posted a picture of my underage child on social media including where and when this kid would be (alone) every day. 

• Love 9

February around here is like a month long Wednesday - we know spring is coming, its very close, yet so, so far way. We've had a couple of spring-like teases sprinkled into single digits and teen temps. March is similar, but a tad warmer and of course we spring ahead so we finally get to the beginning of the long days.

We've had on and off fierce wind for about 24 hours now and had a wicked rainstorm earlier. But it is bright and sunny now.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I’m on the Nextdoor app for my neighborhood. Last night someone posted a picture of a kid; say between 10-13 years old. They complained that he was standing in their yard to wait for the school bus. It causes her dogs to bark and that would wake her baby. The child also left empty water bottles on her mailbox. What got me was that this person posted a picture of the child. Now after all my reading of Josh Duggar this gave me the chills. The Nextdoor app is open to all including pedophiles etc and I’m afraid of someone seeing it and targeting this young person. The poster was asked to take it down for such reasons. They won’t. Others said to call the sheriffs department to report the young person for trespassing and littering. I read a lot of not nice exchanges between those who were worried for the kids safety and those who thought the child should be reported. Why didn’t the original poster just go to the end of her driveway and speak to him? I’d be upset if someone posted a picture of my underage child on social media including where and when this kid would be (alone) every day. 

Yes I agree with you. Likely the child is old enough know not to litter, but it could be they stand in her yard because it feels safe/shaded/warmer (insert reasonable reason here). I wouldn't call the sheriff's office over such a thing, but one morning I would go out and speak to the young person and just ask them to please take their empty water bottles with them when they leave.

No I would NOT put the child's photo on NextDoor and tell the internet the child was standing outside alone 5 days a week in that spot. 

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

February around here is like a month long Wednesday - we know spring is coming, its very close, yet so, so far way. We've had a couple of spring-like teases sprinkled into single digits and teen temps. March is similar, but a tad warmer and of course we spring ahead so we finally get to the beginning of the long days.

We've had on and off fierce wind for about 24 hours now and had a wicked rainstorm earlier. But it is bright and sunny now.

That's how I feel about March in Chicago. I don't consider winter to be almost over until April 1. We always get one real snow in March, last year was an unusually warm year, right  now I am just tired of CRYING every time I step outside and the wind blows. 

An odd thing happened to me. (wfh today)- after my afternoon walk with Cosmo my left eye was SO CLOUDY. I rinsed off my contact and put it back in-still oddly cloudy. I eventually took out my contacts, washed my face (I have been testing new concealer) and put my glasses on. Better thank goodness- maybe the makeup was running inside my eyeball or something.

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yes I agree with you. Likely the child is old enough know not to litter, but it could be they stand in her yard because it feels safe/shaded/warmer (insert reasonable reason here). I wouldn't call the sheriff's office over such a thing, but one morning I would go out and speak to the young person and just ask them to please take their empty water bottles with them when they leave.

No I would NOT put the child's photo on NextDoor and tell the internet the child was standing outside alone 5 days a week in that spot. 

That's how I feel about March in Chicago. I don't consider winter to be almost over until April 1. We always get one real snow in March, last year was an unusually warm year, right  now I am just tired of CRYING every time I step outside and the wind blows. 

An odd thing happened to me. (wfh today)- after my afternoon walk with Cosmo my left eye was SO CLOUDY. I rinsed off my contact and put it back in-s till oddly cloudy. I eventually took out my contacts, washed my face (I have been testing new concealer) and put my glasses on. Better thank goodness- maybe the makeup was running inside my eyeball or something.

March can have some cold days for us and even some snow, but its more tolerable than February. We have had snow as early as October and as late as April, so one never really knows though.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

I so do not want to be working today. It’s just one of those days where I don’t feel like making yet another PowerPoint deck. So much PowerPoint…..

So much time it takes to do one. 

March can have some cold days for us and even some snow, but its more tolerable than February. We have had snow as early as October and as late as April, so one never really knows though.

I have seen it snow in Colorado all 12 months. 

• Love 2

I cannot remember who mentioned Cheer in the Josh thread but I am sitting down to watch. I would hate to have Jerry’s crimes tarnish the rest of the team. I was so disappointed to hear of Jerry’s crimes- I liked him! Ugh I said in the Celebrity Sexual Assault thread in Everything Else- can we not like anyone any more?

• Love 7

We got an alert of a coming snow squall right before we went to bed. I thought it was an Amber Alert! I guess there were two more sent during the night, but I have notifications off while I'm sleeping. It would have scared the life out of me if I was awakened by an alert like that (in stereo with hubby's phone)! I woke up to some videos that locals made of the snow swirling like crazy in the dark. It got a lot colder too...then tomorrow is supposed to be in the 50s. Weather is crazy sometimes!

I'm feeling kind of sad today. My grandkids were supposed to come in for a family party, but 4 of them are sick with colds, so not coming. I appreciate the concern, but I'm so sad that we won't see them. We've missed out on a lot of visiting the past 2 years 🤧 😷 😢

• Love 1

Responding to @Heathen’s question in the Josh thread- if the M kids would suffer because of his crimes. I bought my reply here because it was more about a non Duggar experience:

I’m not sure. A friend of mine (older than myself, mid 40s)- her father is a convicted sex offender due to his assault on children (he sexually abused her as well, but he didn’t go to prison for that, it was his assault upon an unrelated child). She has nothing to do with him but talks to her Mom (who chose to stand by him during and after he got out of prison- they are still married), and her siblings. Her paternal grandparents are deceased, but she has gotten some social blow back if people Google her/her hometown and her father’s name is connected to her. She and her husband bought a house last year and a neighbor confronted her about her Dad- yes, asked was he going to be hanging out there, she was upset, and was convinced no one would let their child trick or treat at their house. Some trick or treaters came by, but the entire thing just brought up emotions about it all again. 

So I don’t know how the M kids would be treated. I don’t think JB or Michelle would treat them differently, I think so long as Josh is in prison they would be invited to socialize with any of their cousins, but as far as the wider fundy circle, if the Duggars keep bleeding money, I don’t see the M kids being the next generation of fundy royalty having Josh for a Dad. 

• Useful 8
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Scarlett45 said:

Responding to @Heathen’s question in the Josh thread- if the M kids would suffer because of his crimes. I bought my reply here because it was more about a non Duggar experience:

I’m not sure. A friend of mine (older than myself, mid 40s)- her father is a convicted sex offender due to his assault on children (he sexually abused her as well, but he didn’t go to prison for that, it was his assault upon an unrelated child). She has nothing to do with him but talks to her Mom (who chose to stand by him during and after he got out of prison- they are still married), and her siblings. Her paternal grandparents are deceased, but she has gotten some social blow back if people Google her/her hometown and her father’s name is connected to her. She and her husband bought a house last year and a neighbor confronted her about her Dad- yes, asked was he going to be hanging out there, she was upset, and was convinced no one would let their child trick or treat at their house. Some trick or treaters came by, but the entire thing just brought up emotions about it all again. 

So I don’t know how the M kids would be treated. I don’t think JB or Michelle would treat them differently, I think so long as Josh is in prison they would be invited to socialize with any of their cousins, but as far as the wider fundy circle, if the Duggars keep bleeding money, I don’t see the M kids being the next generation of fundy royalty having Josh for a Dad. 

I don't think Jim Bob or Mullet would treat the Ms differently, to their credit, but I'm wondering more about the non-fundie world, or even the non-Duggar fundie world. Eventually, some Duggar kid is going to HAVE to get a job outside the Duggar fold. I can see people either shunning the Ms because of Smuggar, or trying to save them by offering them refuge and options outside their family. (I hope it's the latter.) 

I'm from a family where my father hates my late mother, whom he holds responsible for his own profound failings before and after their marriage, and neither parent ever set appropriate boundaries. My sister and I grew up hearing grossly inappropriate things about one parent from the other parent, and our father in particular often told us those things in a way that made us feel that WE were responsible for what the parents did. (It was never Mom or Dad -- it was YOUR MOTHER did X.) No kid is responsible for what their parents choose. That's not fair to any kid, and honestly, it fucked me up well into adulthood. I still can't stand to hear somebody say "your mother" or "your father." (I have no contact with my father now.)

I feel sorry for the M kids. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Heathen said:

I don't think Jim Bob or Mullet would treat the Ms differently, to their credit, but I'm wondering more about the non-fundie world, or even the non-Duggar fundie world. Eventually, some Duggar kid is going to HAVE to get a job outside the Duggar fold. I can see people either shunning the Ms because of Smuggar, or trying to save them by offering them refuge and options outside their family. (I hope it's the latter.) 

I'm from a family where my father hates my late mother, whom he holds responsible for his own profound failings before and after their marriage, and neither parent ever set appropriate boundaries. My sister and I grew up hearing grossly inappropriate things about one parent from the other parent, and our father in particular often told us those things in a way that made us feel that WE were responsible for what the parents did. (It was never Mom or Dad -- it was YOUR MOTHER did X.) No kid is responsible for what their parents choose. That's not fair to any kid, and honestly, it fucked me up well into adulthood. I still can't stand to hear somebody say "your mother" or "your father." (I have no contact with my father now.)

I feel sorry for the M kids. 

I feel sorry for the M kids too. And you/any kid put in that position. 

My 88 year old cousin called me up last year screaming some shit about “your mother” and I shut that down WITH QUICKNESS. “My mother taught me to respect my elders.” Which is the black people version of “go fuck yourself”. 🥰She then got blocked. But she didn’t dare tell anyone else how she treated me because she knew she had lost her mind. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 14

This woman I know was married to guy involved with the mob. He ended up going to prison for a very serious crime. It was so bad for her kids, she sold the house and moved to a different state. They're not famous, but lived in a smallish town. Folks can be cruel.

1 hour ago, Cinnabon said:

The Duggars and their ilk are the ones who have been talking about “the sins of the fathers” for decades. Most of us heathens don’t buy into that at all. 

My father is completely sin free. Now my incubator everytime she opens her mouth she sins. And people wonder why we are no contact with her.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

The Duggars and their ilk are the ones who have been talking about “the sins of the fathers” for decades. Most of us heathens don’t buy into that at all. 

There are plenty of people who "buy into it" but aren't as vocal as the Duggars. And there are plenty of people who cast enough shade to make a kid feel guilty even if they're not actively trying to make them feel bad. 

• Love 6

I believe society as a whole unknowingly does believe "sins of the father". One wildly held rumor is that kids who are abused are more likely to become abusers themselves. Someone looking for sperm at a sperm bank are looking at more than genetic features, they are also looking at donors careers. Or parents not wanting their kids to date someone from the "wrong side of the tracks". Arranged marriages are all about the parents' and their position in society. And certainly racism carries threads of it.

• Love 12

I believe society as a whole unknowingly does believe "sins of the father". One wildly held rumor is that kids who are abused are more likely to become abusers themselves. Someone looking for sperm at a sperm bank are looking at more than genetic features, they are also looking at donors careers. Or parents not wanting their kids to date someone from the "wrong side of the tracks". Arranged marriages are all about the parents' and their position in society. And certainly racism carries threads of it.

Absolutely. Humans are pack animals whether we like to admit it- and your position in the “pack” has a lot to do with your family of origin, biological traits as well as social values/habits passed on from caregivers to people during their formative years. 

• Love 13
4 hours ago, Heathen said:

There are plenty of people who "buy into it" but aren't as vocal as the Duggars. And there are plenty of people who cast enough shade to make a kid feel guilty even if they're not actively trying to make them feel bad. 

That’s sad. I was just pointing out that it’s always been the Duggars and their ilk who have said it loud and clear. I can’t imagine how those poor kids are going to feel when they’re older and find out the details of Josh’s actions. 
                                         To my knowledge, sexual predilections like pedophilia aren’t passed on to biological children. Nurture is more important than nature here. Unfortunately, these kids also have a mom like Anna who will likely spend the rest of her life denying and minimizing Josh’s horrendous crimes. 

Edited by Cinnabon

This has been a very New Englandy week. We have had temps in the teens, 20s, 50s, rain and crazy winds so far. Today will be in the 60s, back to the 30s tomorrow and they're predicting up to 10" of snow on Friday. I'm hoping its the last snow of the season and I'm counting the days until March 13 when we spring forward. 🌡️🌬️🌤️❄️😎

• Love 9

This has been a very New Englandy week. We have had temps in the teens, 20s, 50s, rain and crazy winds so far. Today will be in the 60s, back to the 30s tomorrow and they're predicting up to 10" of snow on Friday. I'm hoping its the last snow of the season and I'm counting the days until March 13 when we spring forward. 🌡️🌬️🌤️❄️😎

We must be the same area, @GeeGolly. It was 50 at 7am this morning when I left the house. The winds were strong enough last night that one of my patio chairs was blown across the patio. And then snow on Friday! 

• Love 5

We got a dusting of snow here as well. The cold temps are holding and the roads and sidewalks were slick yesterday. It was so warm on Sunday, that I just wore a fleece. You just never know!

I have seen 2 foxes this week. One, quite healthy looking, was just outside my daughter's house at dusk. The other was roaming alongside the library when I went to return a book yesterday. He looked mangy and was limping. My husband thought he probably had been hit by a car in the past and healed badly. It was rather alarming as it was broad daylight in a very residential area near town. I keep thinking about that poor fox.  😔 🦊

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Zella said:

We were in a tornado watch on Monday night and are now in a winter storm warning. It's sleeting like crazy right now. 

Yikes. That's a lot in a short time! I hope you are safely indoors and warm.

We're in one of our winter deep freezes. It's 7F right now (11 AM), and that's about as warm as it's been for the last 36 hours, so at least we're out of the negative numbers. Tonight's supposed to be not much better. But wait! Tomorrow's high will be all the way up to 24F, with sunshine and a whopping 30F the next day. We've had some snow with all this, so the streets are extra specially unfriendly for driving. We usually have enough sun and relatively mild temps to warm things up and get rid of snow/ice on the streets - but not during these snaps. The main roads are plowed but not the side streets unless there's been a really big snowfall which we haven't had. I'm just glad the sun is out and we aren't socked into doom and gloom in the sky!

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Jeeves said:

Yikes. That's a lot in a short time! I hope you are safely indoors and warm.

Thank you--huddled inside and with power! What's really wild to me is it is in the teens here. You'd think it would just be snow, but I guess there is still enough warm air in the atmosphere that it is coming down as sleet and ice rather than snow. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 2

It will not break 30 here today, and will be in the single digits tonight.  But we may hit 40 tomorrow.  All the snow from the past couple of days has melted, and it is sunny out right now.  The roads are all good, the air is crisp, and the snow on the mountains is beautiful.  I am inside and warm with two cats on my lap.  Life is good.

• Love 11

I ventured out of the house early this morning - mammogram appointment. The temp was about 7F again, there was sun and then some snow flakes lazily drifting down. Roads were not awful but def needed careful driving. Now I'm home, we're back to full sun and all the way up to 11F. 18F (Edited because I underreported!).

I was SO overdue for that mammogram, last one was in early 2019. The new machine is 3D, they told me. Gosh, my boobs got imaged in 3D. I feel speshul! 😂

Edited by Jeeves
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9

This has been a rough week, and I feel like I'm ready to break.  My tendency is to shut down when I get stressed out, but this time, I don't even know what to do.  I'm back to having issues with my one medication (same as the one in December), and the pharmacy owes me more once again.  I pick up two scripts from the doctor's office, and each one is for a week's supply.  I get those filled when appropriate, and restart the whole process again.  There are still supply chain issues, and no one can get it in the quantity I need.  I'm owed meds from a February 11th script.  My pain level has exponentially grown over the past week or so.  I am very limited in my movements, and I found out yesterday, just hitting a pothole or speedbump while driving is enough to cause pain.  For the most part, it has stayed relegated to the lower back and stops right around my bra strap.  Now, it's literally my entire back, save my neck.  I need to get into a cardiologist practice for a POTS consult.  I think I'm trying to do that sooner rather than later.  

Sorry for the book.  I haven't been posting much on Facebook lately, so the only folks who know what's going on is my husband and mom, and they both have a ton of their own things going on at the moment.  I try to stay positive about everything that I've been dealing with, but shit just got hard out of nowhere, and I'm just lost.

Edited by sixlets
6 hours ago, sixlets said:

This has been a rough week, and I feel like I'm ready to break.  My tendency is to shut down when I get stressed out, but this time, I don't even know what to do.  I'm back to having issues with my one medication (same as the one in December), and the pharmacy owes me more once again.  I pick up two scripts from the doctor's office, and each one is for a week's supply.  I get those filled when appropriate, and restart the whole process again.  There are still supply chain issues, and no one can get it in the quantity I need.  I'm owed meds from a February 11th script.  My pain level has exponentially grown over the past week or so.  I am very limited in my movements, and I found out yesterday, just hitting a pothole or speedbump while driving is enough to cause pain.  For the most part, it has stayed relegated to the lower back and stops right around my bra strap.  Now, it's literally my entire back, save my neck.  I need to get into a cardiologist practice for a POTS consult.  I think I'm trying to do that sooner rather than later.  

Sorry for the book.  I haven't been posting much on Facebook lately, so the only folks who know what's going on is my husband and mom, and they both have a ton of their own things going on at the moment.  I try to stay positive about everything that I've been dealing with, but shit just got hard out of nowhere, and I'm just lost.

Are you familiar with the FDA’s drug shortage database? There is a ton of information there about potential supply chain issues and the most current data.

https://www.fda.gov/drugs/drug-safety-and-availability/drug-shortages

They also have an app you can download to receive notifications when there is new or updated information about a drug product shortage or a drug within selected therapeutic categories.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/drugshortages/id944986401

The drugs.com site also has an up to date list of all of the current drug shortages.

https://www.drugs.com/drug-shortages/

“It is a searchable database that provides up-to-date information for consumers and healthcare professionals related to current drug shortages. Results can be sorted by generic name or latest revision date. Information related to affected product, reason for shortage, available products, estimated resupply dates, and alternative drug therapy is listed for each individual agent.”

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Useful 10

@sixlets I’m sorry that you are living your life in pain and the helpful meds are not available. Is there a resource that ships these medications or are they just unavailable anywhere? It sounds like daily life is uncomfortable for you. I really hope that a solution can be found. I want better for you. 

• Love 8

My insurance plan allows the use of a national online pharmacy.  I've found that they are better placed than local pharmacies for hard to get drugs.  If you have access to something like that, it might help.  I'm sorry the supply chain problems are hitting you in medication.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 4