Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

It's hard when people are still capable of making decisions but not capable of making good decisions. Competent adults are a lot to make bad decisions (so long as they are not a danger to themselves or others), but if someone is not competent, and the people designated to care for them are not meeting the minimum standard stepping in is the morally right thing to do.

I hated that stage with my parents and then when you KNOW your parents are beyond taking care of themselves, but the physician making the decision on competency is herself barely competent and thinks all children overreact to their parents' aging.  It was pretty bad..  She messed up and signed that my mother was capable of driving.  Mom wasn't and almost killed some people.  The highway patrol got involved and reported the physician for herself needing an evaluation.  End of that little problem.  

Well.  You have certainly given me a lot to think about.  I never thought about APS.  Forgot they exist.

The doctor she saw was her neurologist.  He is the one that told her she was in danger of dying with her low weight.  She has started eating two or three of those little Debbie snack cakes....She buys for her son because he likes them...eye roll...and in doing that gained 2#.  Evidently she was 85 lbs!  Now she's afraid she will get diabetes.

So now I just decide.  I have narrowed it down to three choices.  1.  Call her next door neighbor who she sees every day and find out what's up.  2.  Call APS.  3.  Do nothing.

If I do nothing she may die while everybody watches.  If I call the neighbor and then APS they will figure out it was me that called and she will be so angry I'll lose her friendship!I. If she dies...  Above all I want to 'do no harm'.

I still don't understand why her primary care doctor or her Neurologist who warned her about her weight loss have done nothing????

I think I'm going to think this through and pray on what to do.

Edited by Jeanne222
  • Love 7
34 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Well.  You have certainly given me a lot to think about.  I never thought about APS.  Forgot they exist.

The doctor she saw was her neurologist.  He is the one that told her she was in danger of dying with her low weight.  She has started eating two or three of those little Debbie snack cakes....She buys for her son because he likes them...eye roll...and in doing that gained 2#.  Evidently she was 85 lbs!  Now she's afraid she will get diabetes.

So now I just decide.  I have narrowed it down to three choices.  1.  Call her next door neighbor who she sees every day and find out what's up.  2.  Call APS.  3.  Do nothing.

If I do nothing she may die while everybody watches.  If I call the neighbor and then APS they will figure out it was me that called and she will be so angry I'll lose her friendship!I. If she dies...  Above all I want to 'do no harm'.

I still don't understand why her primary care doctor or her Neurologist who warned her about her weight loss have done nothing????

What a tough position you're in!

Adult Protective Services aren't necessarily punitive. They investigate and evaluate an older person's living situation. If her kids aren't her legal guardians, they're not legally responsible for her care, or lack thereof, so there is no one to punish. With that said, its harder to get APS involved if your friend is responsible for her own care.

Your friend may qualify for services she doesn't know are available.

Have you spoken directly with your friend about her? Not about her son, but just her. You might be able to get more information that will help you determine what to do, or not to do.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

It’s difficult to know the actual situation. I’m no expert, but I will say that dementia is a progressive disease.  The cognition declines over time at varying rates, but eventually the patient needs constant supervision over all their daily activities like eating, bathing, toileting, etc.  The patient often forgets  to bathe or falsely believes they have.  They also forget to eat and may lose their appetite.  Delusions are common.  The patient loses insight into their own situation and lacks the ability to care for themselves.  So, I would take what your friend says with a healthy dose of skepticism.  Who really knows the truth about her care?  She may say she’s eating cakes, but that may not be true.  I wish there was someone who really knows the truth about her situation. 

I will add that my cousin, who had dementia before her death,  eventually lost down to around 70 pounds or less, even though she ate well.  She was hand fed by staff and provided 3 meals a day, plus snacks, plus supplements.   She had Alzheimers and Vascular dementia, but also died of failure to thrive.  Dementia is brutal.  

I have called APS before and was able to get them involved anonymously. I don’t regret doing so...the 91-year-old man involved was bringing his dog to my shelter training classes and was clearly unable to care for himself or his dogs and headed downhill fast.

Edited by Oldernowiser
1 hour ago, CalicoKitty said:

This is how I spend most of these cold evenings.  I am in my recliner and covered in cats.  To give some perspective, Flora is on her back and you can see her eyes looking at you under her paw (like she is shielding her eyes from the light), and she is partly sitting on toothless Lilly who is curled up being her pillow.  They started a wrestling match on my lap about an hour after this picture was taken.  I have found I can keep the heat turned down a bit since I have a living cat blanket!IMG_0389.jpg.a957ee49014e7745435856d37ff2a9b2.jpg

That’s so cute. When my Charlie and Mr Norris were alive I would be surrounded by cats in the evenings. 

• Love 6

Storytime:

So A went to my god mother's house with the cleaning/ laundry supplies and got to work. She also drove my god mother's husband- C to the store, and supposedly it took them 2hrs to buy ginger ale, chips, and candy. Yesterday afternoon C called my Mom (my Mom was at work mind you) and asked my Mom how much money did she pay A to take care of my sister (A used to watch my sister some Saturdays before COVID) and he wants to make sure "they" are not being swindled. My Mom told him that she was working and didn't have time to talk to him (she answered because she was concerned that something had happened to my god mother).

He called her back two more times, my Mom didn't answer. My Mom is sensitive to people calling her multiple times (she feels its harassing), I told her it was good she didnt answer. It looks like my godmother's bday celebrations will be postponed, there is bad snow in MI and her daughter cannot get here so we will likely wait a few more weeks. I may drive her gift and the cake down to her on Saturday for her to enjoy (I already ordered the cake).

Today I climbed back in bed after the snooze button and over slept. I took Cosmo out for a quick break, and then logged onto work. After my first meeting I had a lull in the day so I took him on an actual walk at 9am, that was good. We are getting into a rhythm. Cosmo keeps knocking himself into my wifi  extender to so I had the bright idea to MOVE the thing. LOL. Still works great.

• Love 16

And cause I have nothing else interesting going on- more story time.

My Mom got a call from her very first boyfriend this morning (they met in college, lost their virginities to each other, got engaged, he was a year ahead and were supposed to get married August after her college graduation and his first year of medical school- he called off the wedding 2months before hand). When she saw his name flash across the screen she thought "Oh shit someone died." His younger sister died, age 72- came home from work, ate breakfast, told her husband she was going to lie down, her husband got concerned when she didnt wake up. Looks like a heart attack in her sleep.

My Mom's ex is child free and his last wife died two years ago and now his younger sister (he has other siblings), he started waxing poetic and wanting to catch up, and I told my Mom "don't be so hard on him, he's likely really lonely and the death spooked him." She rolled her eyes and promised she was nice about it.🤣

• Love 16
40 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

So, are you going to call him Daddy if he marries your mom?  That seems to be a popular subject for discussion over on Jill and Derick's thread.  Who knows, maybe your mom would enjoy catching up with him.  Or, breathe a sigh of relief that she escaped just in time. 

HAHAHA thats so funny! 🤣Of all the men my mom has been involved with THAT ONE would be the last one she would go back to. Well second to last, my father would be last, he would be 2nd to last. LMAO.

My Mom has never been married and at 72 I dont think she is going to start now! She is still mad how he cancelled their engagement and her her crying all over the Southside of Chicago and gave her no explanation. Just "I don't want to marry you.".

His Mom (who I met, I did go to her wake) and step dad even told him "Look you owe her an explanation with a wedding 90 days away."  My grandfather was like "if he doesn't want to marry her, her needs to leave her alone, it doesnt matter why- I dont care about the wedding plans, I can make more money."

I have found the people that tend to get along best with their parent's spouses/significant others are ones that the person came along when they were very small (under 6) or adults. My grandfather had a long term girlfriend after my grandmother passed and my Mom adored her. Someone to keep Grandfather out of her hair when she was in residency and enjoying herself as a single woman traveling to here and there and everywhere. The girlfriend survived her children (no grandchildren) and she with her childfree sister lived out their years in a luxury senior facility. Grandfather always had tons of women calling to chat with him and bringing pies and cakes and crap around the holidays. I remember Mrs B (who was my grandfather and sister's caregiver) would drive around Chicago land picking up all these treats from the gorgeous widows...

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

Congrats on your second dose, doodlebug! Let us know if you have any side effects.

I had to do pre-op testing today for my eyelid procedure on Monday and all of the nurses who checked me in were very excited to see my Covid vaccine card, lol. I kept warning them I've only had the first dose but they were so happy to see a patient with the card, it was cute. 

• Love 15
33 minutes ago, emma675 said:

Congrats on your second dose, doodlebug! Let us know if you have any side effects.

I had to do pre-op testing today for my eyelid procedure on Monday and all of the nurses who checked me in were very excited to see my Covid vaccine card, lol. I kept warning them I've only had the first dose but they were so happy to see a patient with the card, it was cute. 

I was excited to see a lot of senior citizens coming in to get their vaccines along with those of us health care providers who were getting a second dose.  My employer has now opened up their vaccination program to anyone who has been seen in the system in the past two years and is inviting those in the qualifying groups to come in as the vaccine becomes available.

• Love 14

Teachers have moved up on the vaccine list in NC.  I’m fine with it, but it postpones my group even more.  The earliest I might get in is March 10 unless something else changes.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 7

It's all so difficult with conflicting priorities.  So many groups think they should be next or are afraid that they'll be overlooked.  I'm comfortable with what our county is doing, but it's helped me.  There is some definite logic to putting 65 and up in a high priority due to the high rate of hospitalization and death.  That's what our county is leaning on that if we can get that group vaccinated, we can prevent future hospital and mortuary overloads which will benefit everyone.  

• Love 7

@doodlebug - congratulations on your happy Wednesday! My happy Wednesday is next week - second injection of the Moderna vaccine. My vaccine card sits in a place of honor on the little cabinet where I place things I need to remember to take with me when I leave home, and I'm looking forward to its next outing. I've scheduled myself off work next week Wed - Fri. If I feel fine it will be a nice little break, and if I have a reaction to the vaccine I'll not be stressing about getting work done. (I plan to be sure I'm stocked with groceries etc. ahead of time.)

• Love 12

Just a heads up!  It seems the little vaccination card they give you is important and you should carry it with you.

I saw my doctor today and told the nurse I had my first shot.  She said I need to bring in the card and then they can enter it into the system!

We get our second shot on Saturday.  Praying the weather cooperates.

• Useful 4
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Teachers have moved up on the vaccine list in NC.  I’m fine with it, but it postpones my group even more.  The earliest I might get in is March 10 unless something else changes.  

Same state and over 65. Still can’t get an appointment. Dang they fill up within 10 minutes! I’m still trying and I am using 5 sources. 

My husband and I lost a friend of ~40 years this morning. He had metastatic melanoma, went to the hospital 29 January expecting to be home 2 February, moved to a hospice facility this past Monday, and died early this morning. We haven't seen him in person for a very long time but he is one of the people we reconnected with during the pandemic and we've been chatting and/or playing D&D weekly for the last 10 months or so. I guess the reconnection part is the good part; the dying in his 50s, not so much. At least he had moved from ICU to a hospice facility so his family got to see him.

26 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

My husband and I lost a friend of ~40 years this morning. He had metastatic melanoma, went to the hospital 29 January expecting to be home 2 February, moved to a hospice facility this past Monday, and died early this morning. We haven't seen him in person for a very long time but he is one of the people we reconnected with during the pandemic and we've been chatting and/or playing D&D weekly for the last 10 months or so. I guess the reconnection part is the good part; the dying in his 50s, not so much. At least he had moved from ICU to a hospice facility so his family got to see him.

I’m so very sorry. It’s always hard to lose friends. 

• Love 8

I’m in group 1A and still have no hope of getting the vaccine. Have been signed up on every list in the state, have gotten alerts three times so far, and the slots are instantly booked when you click to schedule. I’m thinking my state must have a very poor distribution system or has been allotted very low supplies compared to the population. 

27 minutes ago, awaken said:

I’m in group 1A and still have no hope of getting the vaccine. Have been signed up on every list in the state, have gotten alerts three times so far, and the slots are instantly booked when you click to schedule. I’m thinking my state must have a very poor distribution system or has been allotted very low supplies compared to the population. 

I am in Georgia which is supposed to rank at or near the bottom for getting the vaccine out. I am in a smaller town but right now it seems that most of the people I personally know who want the vaccine and meet the eligibility requirements have been able to schedule it. I understand that we have people coming from other counties to our county health department to get the vaccine. Our local Kroger is giving the vaccine.  One recent " scandal" has been that the area's largest medical center has been providing the vaccine to family members of staff even though they don't meet eligibility requirements.  That has caused some unhappiness.  

I don 't know if it is just my state, but I have seen articles lately that say that vaccine will soon start being shipped to pharmacies instead of the state programs.  In Nevada it appears to be Walgreens.  In California it appears to be CVS.  I would try to find out what pharmacy chain it is in your state and take out a loyality card.  That way you will be on their notification list.  That is how I got my appointments.  It may be several chains, and not just one specific one; the article wasn't clear about that.  My first appointment at Walgreens was very smooth.  When I signed in on their web site, I was given a choice of 3 times to pick from.  When I signed up for my 2nd dose, they knew exactly what date I needed to come in, and, again, gave me a choice of 3 times.  2nd dose is this coming Wednesday.  But keep checking the pharmacies.  I don't know how well this will be advertised.

• Useful 5
  • Love 4

I just checked on line.  GoodRX.com has a blog that has a lot of info, as does the CBSnews.com site.  It looks like there are a lot of pharmacy chains involved, and shipments are coming in this week.  Both of these sites mention which pharmacy chains in which areas will have vaccine.  I hope this helps.

• Useful 2
45 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I just checked on line.  GoodRX.com has a blog that has a lot of info, as does the CBSnews.com site.  It looks like there are a lot of pharmacy chains involved, and shipments are coming in this week.  Both of these sites mention which pharmacy chains in which areas will have vaccine.  I hope this helps.

What exactly is GoodRX?  My friend talks about it but can't explain it?  Is it a supplement to your health care prescription plan or is it for people that have no prescription plan?

24 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

What exactly is GoodRX?  My friend talks about it but can't explain it?  Is it a supplement to your health care prescription plan or is it for people that have no prescription plan?

GoodRX is a free prescription plan that is an app on your phone.  The prices really are quite good.  You put in the med you need, and it shows you prices from several drug stores in the area.  You select the ""coupon" you want and go that store.  Show the pharmacist the coupon on your phone, and you get that price.  I use GoodRX instead of my RX plan most of the time.  It is usually much less than my copay.  GoodRX also has doctors for video visits.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
33 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

GoodRX is a free prescription plan that is an app on your phone.  The prices really are quite good.  You put in the med you need, and it shows you prices from several drug stores in the area.  You select the ""coupon" you want and go that store.  Show the pharmacist the coupon on your phone, and you get that price.  I use GoodRX instead of my RX plan most of the time.  It is usually much less than my copay.  GoodRX also has doctors for video visits.

Good RX has nothing to do with your RX insurance.  It is an independent app on your phone.

3 hours ago, jcbrown said:

I’m so sorry for your loss.  Losing a good friend is very difficult.  I hate cancer.  It’s so cruel.  He was so young too.  Thank goodness you added so much to this past year by reconnecting.  No doubt that contact brought him comfort.   

• Love 8
2 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

Thank you.  That explains it!  I'm going to look into that one.   Does that mean I'D need a prescription in hand?

Our doctors call in our prescriptions to one pharmacy.  I don't think I could shop around.  I don't think say Walgreens would have access to CVS prescriptions.

Edited by Jeanne222
7 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Thank you.  That explains it!  I'm going to look into that one.   Does that mean I'D need a prescription in hand?

Our doctors call in our prescriptions to one pharmacy.  I don't think I could shop around.  I don't think say Walgreens would have access to CVS prescriptions.

My first thought was that you should be able to shop around. Then a little online research suggests that at least for Medicare patients, your doctor may be hooked up with certain big box pharmacies. There's something called "pharmacy benefit managers" in the picture and I don't know all the ins and outs. I have read that Oklahoma passed a law ensuring a patient's right to choose their pharmacy which has been held tied up in litigation in federal court over claims it's preempted by ERISA and Medicare Part D. I know that in 2003 well before the Affordable Care Act, big pharma got a federal law in place prohibiting Medicare from price shopping for prescription drugs. Yep. 

I suggest you just ask your doctor what your options are. 

Edited by Jeeves
clarity
  • Love 4

Does anyone around here know much about Gateway National Recreation Area in NJ?  I'm trying to get some idea of what you might be doing there in November.  Is this a place that you would be driving on a beach, driving to go fishing, driving to watch a lighthouse. etc?  After reading that Springsteen was arrested there in Nov for DWI, reckless driving,......just trying to imagine how this happened.  What was he doing? I'm not from that area and thought perhaps someone around here might have some insight.  

14 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Just a heads up!  It seems the little vaccination card they give you is important and you should carry it with you.

I saw my doctor today and told the nurse I had my first shot.  She said I need to bring in the card and then they can enter it into the system!

We get our second shot on Saturday.  Praying the weather cooperates.

I forgot my card, but, since I got the second shot within the same system, the nurse was able to retrieve the information and gave me a new one.  She also told me to pull out my phone and take a photo of it, just in case.  I did that immediately, good idea.

I am doing ok post vaccine.  I don't feel terrible, just 'draggy', like I'm coming down with something.  Not sick enough to stay home or anything although I could use a nap.

• Useful 6
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

I am doing ok post vaccine.  I don't feel terrible, just 'draggy', like I'm coming down with something.  Not sick enough to stay home or anything although I could use a nap.

My mom’s dose 2 side effects hit 24hrs after her injection and lasted for about another 18hrs. She felt sick but it passed quickly. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

She also told me to pull out my phone and take a photo of it, just in case.  I did that immediately, good idea.

I am doing ok post vaccine.  I don't feel terrible, just 'draggy', like I'm coming down with something.  Not sick enough to stay home or anything although I could use a nap

The photo with the phone was suggested to me at the first vaccination and then to do it again after the second.  I have the first one in the phone and will do the second.

I'm glad you're doing so well.  It sounds like I may be overplanning for the second one, but I'd rather expect to be out of commission for three days and be surprised than not be prepared.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Does anyone around here know much about Gateway National Recreation Area in NJ?  I'm trying to get some idea of what you might be doing there in November.  Is this a place that you would be driving on a beach, driving to go fishing, driving to watch a lighthouse. etc?  After reading that Springsteen was arrested there in Nov for DWI, reckless driving,......just trying to imagine how this happened.  What was he doing? I'm not from that area and thought perhaps someone around here might have some insight.  

It's a huge national park, right on the shore.  A lot of people would go there to hike or walk the beach or just look at the ocean, even in November.  The east coast can get some decent weather now and then in November.  Bruce has always been a fan of the Jersey Shore and I think he lives very near the park.  

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 4
Just now, Absolom said:

The photo with the phone was suggested to me at the first vaccination and then to do it again after the second.  I have the first one in the phone and will do the second.

I'm glad you're doing so well.  It sounds like I may be overplanning for the second one, but I'd rather expect to be out of commission for three days and be surprised than not be prepared.

Me too! My vaccination appointment is next Wednesday morning. I've blocked out W - F as non-working days, and am considering whether to change my Thursday afternoon haircut appointment. I think I'll text my stylist and see about that. 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

Good RX has nothing to do with your RX insurance.  It is an independent app on your phone.

I tell patients about this all the time.  You can also pull up their website to check prices and, often, one pharmacy chain will have a better price with GoodRx than another for different drugs.  It is well worth it.  From the website, you can print coupons to save at the pharmacy.  Or, if you have the app, just pull it up when you go to the drugstore to get the discount.  It is amazing how much you can save.

For example, many insurance plans do not pay for fertility drugs or don't pay much.  Clomiphene is the cheapest drug to use to induce ovulation and, at the lowest dose, it costs about $30 a month, which isn't bad.  But, with good rx, you can get the same drug, same dose, same number of pills for around $12, less than half.  This is particularly helpful for women who need higher doses of the med which could cost around $200 without insurance and can be cut down to around $30 with a GoodRx coupon.

GoodRx is FREE, no strings attached.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Useful 6
  • Love 3

I am going to have to run to Home Depot on my lunch break and get more ice melt. With this bitter cold and constant snow we went through the 70lbs I ordered like lightening. I have 35 more pounds coming but they wont be here until Monday, so off I go. I am at the point in my life where I will pay for for the lighter shaker cans (which are actually quite nice for dispersing the ice melt around my property, front, back and the back stairwell) than save some money and get those heavy AF bags. 

• Love 7

@Scarlett45

Good idea on getting the shaker can, you'd die from the irony alone of falling while trying to pour from an enormous bag of ice melt!

So jealous of everybody getting vaccinated! My parents are in group 1B but it looks like there won't be vaccines available for them for months, and it's really frustrating. Our city's 1B group is 30,000 people, but we are only just now finishing giving the FIRST shot to group 1A, and we only have 2,000 DOSES a week coming to us for the next month or so. Very unhappy about it, to be honest.

I'm so grateful that both my parents have just gotten their second dose of vaccine.  It was not easy, so we are so fortunate. 

Does anyone have any suggestions for over the counter meds savings?  I've used coupons at times, but they are limited.  I have to use a lot of eye products that are not prescription and are not covered by my insurance, although, my ophthalmologist prescribes it.  I must use eye ointment every night before bed.  And, use eye gel drops several times per day, as needed.  I have severe dry eye and a corneal disease.  Each little vial or tube is very expensive, which is so ridiculous when you consider what it is, which is mineral oil and petroleum jelly.  I've tried to contact the manufacturers, but they have been no help.   I'm not sure if you've ever purchased these items, but there are so expensive.  One tiny tube of ointment by Systane can run $14.99!  I compare prices, catch sales, use store savings cards, etc., but, even if I use a store brand ointment, it's still very expensive.  The gel drops are just as pricy, but, they get go further than the ointment. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 4
53 minutes ago, rue721 said:

Good idea on getting the shaker can, you'd die from the irony alone of falling while trying to pour from an enormous bag of ice melt!

I don’t pour from the bag itself- the bag sits in the front vestibule and garage and I tend to use a super sized cup (like an old fast food plastic cup, or a big soup to-go container) to scoop then sprinkle, scoop then sprinkle. For me it’s getting the bag from the the garage to the front that’s such a PITA. It’s heavy. And I’m the only person here who carries anything so I cut corners where I can. 

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, Turquoise said:

Mr Turquoise is improving...they have been turning his oxygen down, and he is maintaining his saturation. If he doesn't have any setbacks I should be able to bring him home this weekend.

Project Yank the Uterus was supposed to be next week, it's been indefinitely postponed. It was too close after me having Covid, and putting it later is too close to when we move for my new job. So while I'm not thrilled, it is the best decision to put it on the back burner for a time.

Glad to hear that your husband is improving but it is a real shame that you have to postpone your surgery.  All the people who I know who have had that surgery felt so much better after the recovery process.  

• Love 6

I got my first vaccination today!  I thought I'd have a long wait because my county is not moving very fast - an email this week said it was available only to those over 85.  I got in on a program through my employer - a non-profit working for public schools.  This was a surprise that vaccination was available for me.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Turquoise said:

Mr Turquoise is improving...they have been turning his oxygen down, and he is maintaining his saturation. If he doesn't have any setbacks I should be able to bring him home this weekend.

Project Yank the Uterus was supposed to be next week, it's been indefinitely postponed. It was too close after me having Covid, and putting it later is too close to when we move for my new job. So while I'm not thrilled, it is the best decision to put it on the back burner for a time.

I am glad Mr. Turquiose is improving! YAY for him coming home.

So sorry you have to keep your uterus, but with everything thats been going on I get waiting.

I am TIRED. I just wrestled 100lbs of ice melt from Home Depot and refiled the buckets at the front and back of my property. NO MORE pet friendly ice melt in those light shaker cans, so the 50lbs bags I got. This snow is not QUITING! Poor Cosmo's paws but he will have to deal until the pet friendly stuff comes in the mail.

• Love 5