Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E09: Arrest In Transit

WendyCR72
  • Start Topic

When the team responds to a semi-truck leaking hydrochloric acid in a busy intersection, Casey and Dawson find their relationship being put to the test. Meanwhile, Severide learns more about Brittany’s past and Mouch has some difficulties in his dating life.

THANK YOU, JESUS, SOMEONE SLAPPED DOWN GABBY! And it stuck! That move of hers during the call was total bullshit and her smug wasn't-I-clever look after Matt reprimanded her was even worse. 

[Also, that was why you closed off the Great Hall in Union Station during rush hour? We totally could have just been commuters trying to get to our damn track while you filmed that.)

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Brett agrees to go out with Cruz at the same time Kelly is splitting up with his wife, like we can't see where this is going. When she finds out Kelly is single again she is going to drop poor Cruz like a hot potato. If (when) that happens, I will officially be on the "I hate Brett" train. She's on way too much. Can't Otis get a storyline instead?

They need to split up Gabby and Casey right now and for good. Does this couple have a large fanbase somewhere? Free Casey, indeed.

Are they going to drop this storyline with Mills like the thing with his father's family that went nowhere? I can't see them missing an opportunity to bring on the CPD characters to take up some more airtime.

• Love 3

And ugh, a Chicago PD crossover again. There are two characters that made me not watching Chicago PD, and I love Wolf Films and Law & Order universe. First and foremost is Voight and in not-too-close second is Platt. I do not think she is funny and amusing. I just think that she is simply mean-spirited and somewhat selfish.

So Severide needs to have a divorce, then? Why? Why does he not visit his in-laws on Thanksgiving like he planned? It will be interesting if they show the complexity of the divorce since she is already his dependent and entitled to his benefits. IMO, it needs to be a divorce and not annulment since the marriage is already well consummated.   

So very glad Gabby finally got the smack down she so rightly deserved.  It would have been even greater if Boden had done it also.  

Free Casey and free him NOW!  Gabby made it very plain to Mills that things are very "difficult" at home.  I think that Casey was already standing in Molly's when she said that and not just walking in when Mills reached for Gabby's hand.  I would be very happy if they had Gabby just ride off into the sunset.  It should have been her that was killed and not Shay.  So tired of Gabby and her shit.  Her character is shit.

No more CROSSOVERS!  I don't watch the other shows for a reason.

I love Cruz!  Wish they would find a good story line for him.  He hasn't had one since the first season with his brother and the gangs.

• Love 3

I understand the plot device but shouldn't Mills have offered the father the opportunity to ride with his son in the ambulance?

Actually, the plot device TV shows use *is letting family members ride in the ambulance. My family is full of EMTs/police/fire and what happened here is precisely why they never let family ride. 1 - they can interfere with care if they are trying to talk to the injured person, or demand that more be done, putting the patient/EMT in danger; 2 - if the patient is severely injured, the EMT cannot take the time to answer family questions; and 3 - if the patient dies, then their family member witnesses the whole thing. I have a friend whose 10-year old had to go in an ambulance and they wouldn't let her ride with them. I think maybe they might allow it with infants, if only because the parent might be able to explain what's wrong, and comfort an infant in a strange situation. Also, I think they may allow it in certain situations if they need a translator.

Even if Mills did ask the father to accompany them, he would have had to ride up front and wouldn't have seen what happened anyway.

my two cents.

Edited by betsyboo
  • Love 3

Was I the only one amused by PeterMills yelling "Clear" when he was alone in the back of the ambulance? I'm sure it's realistic/ required/ habit/ whatever, but I still giggled.

This episode reminded me how much I used to enjoy (very) early CF, when Gabby and PeterMills were a couple, and Gabby was actually palatable. I wish they would get back together, but I'm sure this is just more needless drama for Gabbie/ Casey. Casey needs a good storyline. So does Otis, for that matter.

Cruz is adorable when he smiles.

• Love 2

Was I the only one amused by PeterMills yelling "Clear" when he was alone in the back of the ambulance? I'm sure it's realistic/ required/ habit/ whatever, but I still giggled.

I didn't giggle, but I did take notice of that and wonder.

I think I get what this whole Severide marriage was supposed to be about. Basically, they were both using each other to avoid reality. Maybe more so in her case - she was avoiding her family and avoiding having to deal with the death of her sister. So, basically, none of this was "real" - it was just a crutch they were leaning on so they wouldn't have to actually deal with the death of their loved ones. So that's why they split up I guess. However, saying I think I get what it was about isn't the same thing as saying I liked it. Because I didn't.

Nor can I stand one minute more of this silly Casey-Dawson angst. Their story reads like something a kid taking a course in soap opera writing would churn out on his first day in school. Really, Casey? Gonna storm out in a huff because - gasp! - Mills had his hand on Dawson's. Heavens, grab the smelling salts! It's not as if he walked in on them in bed together, or even saw them kissing. This is just nonsense.

I'm constantly amazed that some of the writing can be so good sometimes and some of the writing can be so awful.

• Love 1

I think I get what this whole Severide marriage was supposed to be about. Basically, they were both using each other to avoid reality. Maybe more so in her case - she was avoiding her family and avoiding having to deal with the death of her sister. So, basically, none of this was "real" - it was just a crutch they were leaning on so they wouldn't have to actually deal with the death of their loved ones. So that's why they split up I guess. However, saying I think I get what it was about isn't the same thing as saying I liked it. Because I didn't.

I think avoidance of reality is right from their PoV, but as a plot device, I think this was supposed to help them both get over their traumas and at least get a solid foot in the door of healing / moving on. Severide, at least, looked sober and able to talk about Shay without going off the deep end again. And then the writers at least dissolved it once it served its purpose.

• Love 1

Why are Kelly and his wife splitting up. Can't she just visit her parents then come back?

Loved Pouch going to Mills to comfort him. Good doggie!

I can't imagine this is not all heading towards her trying to get half his pension and anything else she can get since there we got the whole scene of him signing stuff with Boden and Mouch.

I wonder who won the pool! LOL! 

Are they going to drop this storyline with Mills like the thing with his father's family that went nowhere? I can't see them missing an opportunity to bring on the CPD characters to take up some more airtime.

Speaking of dropped story lines and Mills, what happened to the guy with an apparent death wish who kept trying to get Mills killed while "standing by the car"? They gave his daughter money for a trip and now he doesn't exist anymore? 

• Love 2

Speaking of dropped story lines and Mills, what happened to the guy with an apparent death wish who kept trying to get Mills killed while "standing by the car"? They gave his daughter money for a trip and now he doesn't exist anymore?

Newhouse? I always expect new characters to fall by the wayside on this show. I would like Newhouse to stick around long enough so if they ever wanted to cast his brother Aldis Hodge from Leverage, I would be good with that.

Small voice....I like Sylvie Brett. I wish they did not have to kill Shay off for her to come onboard, but I like her.

• Love 1

Chicago Fire

Chicago PD

And both are constantly going out to Chicago Med

Is there a new show in the works? Is Dick Wolf building a new empire, um, franchise?

Twitter for this show has been saying that for months. I haven't done any research or anything (try to stay spoiler free of all my shows), but knowing Dick Wolfe wouldn't be shocked by this at all. My only concern is that when it was only Chicago Fire, it was a great show. Then Chicago PD came along, and Fire sucks, while PD is firing on all cylinders. So what happens after show 3?

And for the record Fire is still heading in the right direction, but something's still missing. I don't know if it's the cast interaction, the writing, or what. Just isn't as much fun watching as it used to be.

And yeah, bye bye for awhile Casey and Gabby. You can't work together in a job like that, and also be sleeping together. We all know that eventually they will get back together. But in the short term I think they are done.

• Love 1

Whoever came up with the idea of making Dawson a firefighter and assigning her to Casey's truck, should be taken out and shot.

Amen sister-girl (apologies in advance if wrong...never want to offend). I taught my son, not to be to graphic, you don't fuck where you eat. Literally and figuratively. Career/money and love/fam should not mix. And the more pressure or stress involved, and more money on the table, the more that is true.

• Love 2

Was I the only one amused by PeterMills yelling "Clear" when he was alone in the back of the ambulance?

Gotta make sure the camera guy doesn't get hurt. 

I for one didn't think Gabby got half of what she should have.  If I had done that, my BC would have lit into me (at the scene, too) such that, well, I would be typing this standing up.  She still doesn't seem to get the very basics of team firefighting, yet travels on her "I'm with Casey" passport. Yecch.

• Love 3

Small voice....I like Sylvie Brett. I wish they did not have to kill Shay off for her to come onboard, but I like her.

I probably would have liked her more if she'd been there all along, because as far as characters go, she's not annoying or anything. It's just that I have a hard time not resenting her presence because the character seems like such a blatant attempt to replace Shay with a straight version of basically the same character. And whoever thought that was necessary shouldn't be making decisions for this show.

• Love 1

I told you Cruz needed some love and why not Sylvie? right on the money... I wish I was on the divorce pool, I think it was 3 weeks? 

Gabby well deserved being reprimanded, she wanted to go look for the husband's wife on the fire with no protection until Casey told her so, then got separated risking it more, the acid truck stunt was just stupid going out like that with no protection, IIRC the dump truck windows were wide open, she could have damaged her lungs easily.

• Love 1

the acid truck stunt was just stupid going out like that with no protection, IIRC the dump truck windows were wide open, she could have damaged her lungs easily.

Not only that but what would have happened if the acid had somehow damaged the truck. I imagine dump truck tires don't come cheap, would he have just billed the CFD? For that matter if that was new sand who paid for it?

seems like such a blatant attempt to replace Shay with a straight version of basically the same character. And whoever thought that was necessary shouldn't be making decisions for this show.

I am not sure how she is the same as Shay, other than on a totally superficial level? I mean their personalities are completely different. All they are that is the same is that they are blonde, white paramedics. It would be like saying Severide and Casey are the same characters because they are white male firefighters. 

Also what was the deal with the horse on the floor of the fire in the furniture store? Was it some sort of Godfather reference? 

• Love 1

Also what was the deal with the horse on the floor of the fire in the furniture store? Was it some sort of Godfather reference?

Yes! What was the deal with the horse? At first I thought I had missed something and the guy was talking about the horse and not a person, but then a real human wife appeared, so that was obviously not the case. And was it a real horse? Why or how would a real horse be there? 

Whoever came up with the idea of making Dawson a firefighter and assigning her to Casey's truck, should be taken out and shot.

It was Monica Reymund's "brilliant" idea and she is very proud of it. She said she wanted to represent female firefighters and she felt she was good for that role. So she approached the producers with this idea. The rest is history..So, can we please have barfy Dawson off the show?!.

• Love 2

I am not sure how she is the same as Shay, other than on a totally superficial level?

It's enough that they resemble each other on a superficial level - both actresses have a very similar look. Same coloring, same length and style of hair. And I don't see how their personalities have been shown to be much different either except one liked girls and the other likes boys. This isn't a coincidence. You don't get rid of one character, then replace them with another character in the exact same job position who looks almost exactly like them by accident. 

It's irritating, because there are only two female leads on this show, and the writers can't seem to resist the soap opera tactic of having them hook up with another firefighter.  Since they couldn't do that with Shay they got rid of her and replaced her with a straight version so they could. Lo and behold, here's Sylvie hooking up with Cruz, after initially eyeballing Severide for the first few weeks. SNORE

There are lots of things they could do with female characters if they were happily married and not just potential slam pieces.

• Love 2

It was Monica Reymund's "brilliant" idea and she is very proud of it. She said she wanted to represent female firefighters and she felt she was good for that role. So she approached the producers with this idea. The rest is history..So, can we please have barfy Dawson off the show?!.

So, she is a diva now?  I would be very happy if they just wrote her out.

If she wanted to "represent" the female firefighter, then it should have been done properly.  The way this is being written, it is a SLAP to all female firefighters who have gone through the proper training, the candidate  and then a true firefighter.  Not one who doesn't understand that firefighting is a TEAM effort and not some rogue female who is being "protected" because she is sleeping with the Lt. in the firehouse.  IRL, those two would NOT be in the same firehouse, much less him being her supervisor. Send her to another firehouse.  Preferably to one that hates women firefighters-that would teach Dawson some hard lessons of firefighting.

NO MORE DAWSON and her shit! 

• Love 3

I probably would have liked her more if she'd been there all along, because as far as characters go, she's not annoying or anything. It's just that I have a hard time not resenting her presence because the character seems like such a blatant attempt to replace Shay with a straight version of basically the same character. And whoever thought that was necessary shouldn't be making decisions for this show.

I feel the same way.  Glad she decided to hook up with Cruz, a nice guy.  If she eventually goes after Severide - no, just no ...

• Love 2

Ugh - couldn't stand the "smarty pants" look on her face after her dump truck maneuver.  Matt needed to wipe it off.

• Love 3

Ugh - couldn't stand the "smarty pants" look on her face after her dump truck maneuver.  Matt needed to wipe it off.

Matt needs to dropkick her out of his life. He has enough drama without her ass adding more. Why couldn't Gabby die instead of Shay?

• Love 3

Matt needs to dropkick her out of his life. He has enough drama without her ass adding more. Why couldn't Gabby die instead of Shay?

I never hated her until recently. Still not sure if I want her gone, dead, or whatever... I just know that the way she has been written since last season's finale is horrible. Firefighter? Paramedic? Don't care. Just make her less entitled.

• Love 3

Why couldn't Gabby die instead of Shay?

Can you imagine what the show would have been like if Gabby died? I mean people can't shut up about her/how much they love her/how awesome she is now. Throw in a line of duty death and it would be even worse.

Can you imagine what the show would have been like if Gabby died? I mean people can't shut up about her/how much they love her/how awesome she is now. Throw in a line of duty death and it would be even worse.

Okay, you got a great point, but since she'd be dead, the rest would HAVE TO stop chatting about her at some point...wouldn't they?

I hated the smug look she gave him after she got out of the truck. I kept rolling my eyes during the whole scene thinking Super!Awesome!Gabby saves the day. I was glad she got reprimanded for it all, because I never thought it would ever happen.

I was okay with Gabby for a bit of season one, then she started to grate. Are we suppose to conveniently forget that she wanted to be a doctor in season one? I thought that was her dream, not being a firefighter.  I wish the firefighter storyline went to Shay or continued with Jones, I just do not buy it from Gabby. I hate that Gabby and Matt are working together at the same house.

• Love 1

I was okay with Gabby for a bit of season one, then she started to grate. Are we suppose to conveniently forget that she wanted to be a doctor in season one? I thought that was her dream, not being a firefighter.  I wish the firefighter storyline went to Shay or continued with Jones, I just do not buy it from Gabby. I hate that Gabby and Matt are working together at the same house.

The show can't even remember that Casey is one hit in the head away from permanent brain problems. I am not sure I would expect them to remember something from season 1. 

As far as Casey and Dawson go, there whole relationship being "secret" bugs me too. I mean everyone in the house knows, and they don't even try to hide it. Plus with how fast word got around that Cruz was a Zumba instructor and how Dawson spends most of her spare time working at Molly's (where other firefighters hang out) how has no one outside of 51 figured it out yet?

• Love 2
As far as Casey and Dawson go, there whole relationship being "secret" bugs me too. I mean everyone in the house knows, and they don't even try to hide it. Plus with how fast word got around that Cruz was a Zumba instructor and how Dawson spends most of her spare time working at Molly's (where other firefighters hang out) how has no one outside of 51 figured it out yet?

Wouldn't the fire captain that showed up on the chemical spill scene and noticed that she was not in protective gear have done some investigating on his own, found out about their relationship, and made some waves?  As much as I love Boden, that second captain might be a welcomed addition of reason for the show if he pops in now and then.

• Love 1

Why couldn't Gabby die instead of Shay?

They would have to actually hire a bartender at Molly's.

Re:  The second captain.  They wouldn't even have to jump through any hoops to create another character.  Obviously the house has multiple shifts, which probably overlap, so it would be easy to introduce a few new people on the mysterious engine crew, as well as the squad or the truck.  Maybe Mouch could have some difficulty breathing during the Zumba class, and 51 could respond to the incident.

• Love 2

Brett wants to finally date a nice guy. Her agreeing to go out with Cruz kinda made me like her.  Now if she eventually dumps him because of Severide and his man pain I will have to hate her forever.

Noooooooo, not more boring and lame Gabby and Casey drama.  They never should have gotten together. 

As someone else said Gabby's dream of being a doctor made sense.  Her as a firefighter is just nonsense.

• Love 5

Actually, the plot device TV shows use *is letting family members ride in the ambulance. My family is full of EMTs/police/fire and what happened here is precisely why they never let family ride. 1 - they can interfere with care if they are trying to talk to the injured person, or demand that more be done, putting the patient/EMT in danger; 2 - if the patient is severely injured, the EMT cannot take the time to answer family questions; and 3 - if the patient dies, then their family member witnesses the whole thing. I have a friend whose 10-year old had to go in an ambulance and they wouldn't let her ride with them. I think maybe they might allow it with infants, if only because the parent might be able to explain what's wrong, and comfort an infant in a strange situation. Also, I think they may allow it in certain situations if they need a translator.

Even if Mills did ask the father to accompany them, he would have had to ride up front and wouldn't have seen what happened anyway.

my two cents.

Word???   I was able to ride in the back when I was in a car accident with my mother. There was some mention of me sitting in the front but nobody made me move once I got in...

It was shaky as hell back there, Any work that gets done is a miracle.