Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I thought AS did a really great job in her scenes.

Rafe and Roman are useless.

Stefano - meh.  I just don't care.

I would love it if Kate is the one who ends up comforting Sami.  Kate was the one who stayed with Sami when Johnny was missing.

If anyone tries to blame Sami for EJ's death, I hope she punches their lights out.

Whether EJ is dead or fake dead, this SL has still been really lame.  It was all over the place, had some good moments (Kate/Sami teaming up), but mostly was boring and stupid.  Then there was the whole EJ loves Sami so much nonsense that he lied to her about Kristen/Eric, cheated on her, defended the boring twit to Sami while allowing the mistress to diss Sami every chance she got, but now it is supposedly so horrible that this man is dead, and out of Sami's live forever?  Sami's better off.  If EJ turns up alive, Sami's life will be hell again courtesy of EJ, all while he proclaims to love her oh so much.  {face palm}

• Love 4

I have to tip my hat to AS, she really did a fine job today acting.  Usually I have to hit the mute button with all the screaming and screeching she normally does when she's "overwrought" but today she played it the way it should have been done (kudos to the director btw).  I see this being submitted for an Emmy next year...or whenever they are.

I though JS did a pretty good job in the dying scenes too.

Of course I don't have a clue how they are going to make him rise from the dead or how this is a fake job.  Time will tell.  Maybe he really is and Sami and the kids move to England to be near his mother because she just can't be in Salem anymore...too many memories.  Of course it playing out like this would actually make this more realistic than Days usually is lol.

• Love 4

I liked AS's acting a lot better after she stopped screaming. I wanted EJ to have his moment too. However, the "we live here" line gave me chills.  As did her talk with Stephano.  Amazing.

What ruined it for me is having to watch fucking Abigail some more, particularly today.  Really show?  I am stifling my anger and my caps lock with everything I got. And what horrible writing for Chad and Jordan, although I do not like them together anyway.  

I didn't hear the shot yesterday so I was completely unprepared for today. This was something  Bad Body Guard did on his own?  I hope this means Clyde is leaving. But apparently not because he's luring Bollie away from Jordan. 

If he is fake dead as has been leaked on this thread, I can't believe show expects the children to be put through that. 

Responding to an earlier post, Sami asked Roman to go pick up the kids and he left her with Rafe so that's why he left.  Why nobody called Will to let him know, I don't understand.  He's close with EJ it's true, but he's an adult and in charge of the kids for the time being so he should have been told.

Wouldn't it be nice if Abe just had Theo be taken over to the Dimansion so if the kids had to be told, they could be told together?

• Love 2

I bet AbiFail won't think EJ is the scum of the earth now like she's been saying to anyone that has the unfortunate task of listening to her. You know writers will have her taking the "high road" and sympathizing with Sami. When in reality the only people I see that will make their true feelings known are Kate and Chad. They won't put on a pony show. I know Kate won't but not really sure about Chad because EJ is his brother.

• Love 2

I thought AS's acting was rather good. There were certain moments of quiet she had which I thought were quite poignant. She looked pretty too. (I even thought the music was good, and that hardly ever happens when I'm watching the show).   

I thought the "denial scenes" were done very well, and actually affected me a lot more than the crying scenes. T

I liked Alison today.  I thought she was really in the zone.

I actually thought it AS did a really good job. Having been in a similar situation (sudden heart attack) with my own husband 9 years ago, there is a period of shock and denial that she played very well. I took the multiple I love you's as her attempt to get him to wake up - he would respond to that. It was desperation. Maybe my own baggage is playing into it but I teared up.

The final break down was also well played. Putting her head down to try and hear his heart and the final breakdown when she finally realized he was gone (well, as gone as anyone is in Salem) was well staged and played.

Kudos to James Scott for playing dead and not moving while Alison was crying on top of him. I know its his job but that couldn't have been easy.

I have to tip my hat to AS, she really did a fine job today acting.  Usually I have to hit the mute button with all the screaming and screeching she normally does when she's "overwrought" but today she played it the way it should have been done (kudos to the director btw).  I see this being submitted for an Emmy next year...or whenever they are.

I though JS did a pretty good job in the dying scenes too.

I liked AS's acting a lot better after she stopped screaming. I wanted EJ to have his moment too. However, the "we live here" line gave me chills.  As did her talk with Stephano.  Amazing.

I've never used the word "gobsmacked" before, but that feels like the right word for the way Allison Sweeney had me feeling during the quiet portions of her grief and disassociation from reality after EJ died today.  I thought she was excellent, just excellent.  Her flat conversation with Stefano also felt so right, as some of you have noted.  That place we go to after a death, particularly after an unexpected one can so easily feel like you're not actually in the world -watching, maybe, but not really there.  AS displayed the shock of sudden grief perfectly.  I didn't mind how frantic she was early on, how insistent she was to EJ to hold on, and even as those scenes progressed she played in her increasing desperation with a subtlety I don't usually associate with her.  Her quiet insistence on living in her own reality at the hospital, with Roman, with Rafe, also felt spot on.  AS turned in an excellent performance, proving on screen that sometimes Less really is more.  I flat out loved what she did today.  And yep, as you say, even the music was right for once.  (Thank God we didn't hear Eve's moaning music).

Even if he's not really dead, the sight of EJ keeling over face first into the dirt, creating a big poof of dust will sustain me for weeks. 

Even though I didn't hate EJ as much as some of you did, this post has me rolling with laughter.  VERY well said!

• Love 7
I bet AbiFail won't think EJ is the scum of the earth now like she's been saying to anyone that has the unfortunate task of listening to her. You know writers will have her taking the "high road" and sympathizing with Sami.

Did you all see that when AbiFail goes to talk to Grimace, she has to make the conversation about her. All smirking and blushing because she loves when people talk about her. BOllie mostly tells that little floozy what he tells his boring sister anyway, so you don't need to hear it twice, you selfish, narcissistic twit! It's sickening how much she wants to hear about herself. It doesn't help that half the town kiss the ground she walks on.

I'm very glad to know that Ben and Abigail both agree with all of us that she's a hypocrite and a liar.

Abigail is fucking INSANE.  Cuckoo for CocoaPuffs.  A Nutjob.  Off her rocker. 

She should no more be allowed to roam free than Dr. Dan should give grooming tips.  First she tells Ollie they need to go slow, then she does exploratory surgery down his throat.  (The smacking sounds those two make while "kissing" sound like the Undead snacking away on The Walking Dead.  They really gross me out).  Then she giggles, tries being sexxxxxxxay by blinking at him with her walleye, moves her body around like she has ticks and giggles like the Bride of Chucky.  Yeah, nothin' says lovin' like being leered at by an escapee from a prison for the criminally insane.

THEN she tracks down Tammy Flue and proceeds to completely take over the conversation and have Tammy tell her that Ollie thinks she's the hottest thing since barbecue-flavored pork rinds.  Those unblinking bug eyes, combined with the lipsmacking and that freaking weird smile DO NOT make her look like some fresh-faced ingenue, but instead like Baby Jane Hudson on the run.  What a fruitcake.  OF COURSE Jenn and Maggie think she's the culmination of all that's right and holy.

Frankly, it pissed me off to have her share the screen time today with Allison Sweeney.  It's just wrong. 

Stefano's tears left me completely unmoved.  This guy has has threatened his kids, been responsible for how many acts of terror against them and others, acted with great and consistent callousness to how many? - and we're supposed to feel his pain?  I think not.

Edited by boes
  • Love 9

I've only watched the EJ/Sami scenes from today's episode. I was aiming for a cathartic cry uninterrupted by peels of laughter so I skipping Slappy attempting sexy was not part of the program. Unfortunately:

• Were the EMTs late for a break? I've seen more quality work commitment at my local car wash.
  • The puff of dust was a nice touch. Not as good as Jett humping the flooring in a death throe but worthy of this show's utter tackiness.
  • Call Mar? Get the jaws of life to remove Mar from John's bedside so she can ... what? Talk about John? Berate Sami for not visiting John today?
  • EJ's been shot two times before so I was expecting him to be a little better at the self-administered first aid.

Aside from that I cried. I'm not convinced EJ is anything more than DimeraDead but I still cried. 

Why nobody called Will to let him know, I don't understand.

Because ain't nobody got time for Sneasel today. I support this.

• Love 7

Those unblinking bug eyes, combined with the lipsmacking and that freaking weird smile DO NOT make her look like some fresh-faced ingenue, but instead like Baby Jane Hudson on the run.

Why is it that in real life I think KM is pretty but on the show I think she looks crazy? It's not even that I think Abby is a whacko (which I do), her face actually looks unhinged at times. She looks like she's thisclose to walking into someone's hospital room and trying to cut their pecker off.

Stefano's tears left me completely unmoved.  This guy has has threatened his kids, been responsible for how many acts of terror against them and others, acted with great and consistent callousness to how many? - and we're supposed to feel his pain?  I think not.

I was hoping Stefano would have a stroke and die.

Why nobody called Will to let him know, I don't understand.

I doubt Will would offer Sami much support. He would probably be a little better than Marlena but that's not saying much.

• Love 3

Sneasel and Marlena will both be useless.  I hope Sami ends up crying in Kate's arms.  That would be hilarious.  Or Lucas'.  That would be poignant because no matter what Sami and Lucas have been through and done to each other, I believe Lucas will be there for Sami.

Nobody has yet mentioned how all three of the kids were in agreement that Ciara cheats at games.

And Sonny agreed with them.

I thought AS did an excellent job with all her scenes.  The panic, telling Rafe EJ does this all the time, the denial and shock, her phone call with Stefano, and with EJ's body at the end.

The writers and Corday, however, did not earn this ending.  They spent the last year tearing Sami/EJ apart, wasted months doing nothing, then put Sami back together with EJ without having them deal with any of their problems.

If EJ had Miguel help him fake his death, would he be able to let Sami know?  Johnny, Allie, and Sydney are to young to understand, "We can't let nono Stefano know daddy is alive because he will kill mommy and daddy, or strand us on an island somewhere, or drug us and erase our memories, so you have to lie to everyone about daddy being alive."

• Love 3

In the latest SOD JS confirms he knew when he signed his contract in May 2013, it would be his last year on the show.  He told Corday again officially in September 2013, and AS told Corday officially at the end of October 2013.  TIIC had months to write an exit SL for these two, and this is all they could come up with.  Pathetic.

Sami's supposed to have scenes with Lucas next week.  I wonder if she will ever have any with Brady.  I wish they would have done something with Sami and Theresa before AS left.  Roman should have called Eric or Caroline to come be with Sami.

• Love 6

I still can't believe the writers had the EMTs so casually declare EJ dead. On other shows, don't they usually even try to pull out those pump thingies with the chest moving up and down to make the final call seem more dramatic? 

• Love 1

It made the whole thing such a joke.

Compared to Y&R's recent death scene with Delia, with her being on the road and the EMT's fighting for her then taking her to the hospital and still trying. DAYS has no idea how to do writing/acting of a death.

• Love 1

It reminds me of a scene from a classic movie - you know, one with munchkins and flying monkeys who AREN'T Sneasel or Slappy?

As Dumbshit Rafe and Abe of Salem City,

In the county of the land of Odds,

We tell this news most Sneasely,

But we've got to verify it legally,

To see...

To see...

If he...

If he...

Is morally, ethically,

Spiritually, physically,

Positively, absolutely,

Undeniably and reliably dead!

As the EMT of this fair city,

I really must say.

I've thoroughly examined EJ.

And he's not only merely dead,

He's really most sincerely dead!

Edited by boes
  • Love 5

Together with everything else, the EMTs being so casual, makes this SL even more of a joke.  After everything that has happened, I don't believe EJ loves Sami, and I don't know why the hell she believes it, or why she would love him.  This SL has been so anti-climatic and lame.  AS was great in her scenes, but this would have played better if EJ hadn't spent months lying to Sami, betraying her in every way, and cheating on her.  If EJ had told Sami the truth about Kristen/Eric, if they had spent the last several months battling Stefano trying to get out from under his thumb, and EJ really had been the victim of a random mugging, this could have been a tragic story.  Instead, I'm puzzled as to why Sami wouldn't be celebrating, and praying that Stefano and Kristen join EJ in hell.

I would have loved to see Sami team up with Theresa against Kristen.  Same thing with Nicole.  Instead of having Nicole destroy the evidence, have Nicole give Eric the evidence, and let him make his own choice.  Then Nicole teams up with Sami and Kate to take out the Dimeras.  Sami, Kate, Theresa, and Nicole would have been excellent together, and I am so tired of seeing the Dimeras get a free pass on everything.  Lucas joining in on the scheme would have been icing on the cake.

• Love 7

In the latest SOD JS confirms he knew when he signed his contract in May 2013, it would be his last year on the show.  He told Corday again officially in September 2013, and AS told Corday officially at the end of October 2013.  TIIC had months to write an exit SL for these two, and this is all they could come up with.  Pathetic.

Sami's supposed to have scenes with Lucas next week.  I wonder if she will ever have any with Brady.  I wish they would have done something with Sami and Theresa before AS left.  Roman should have called Eric or Caroline to come be with Sami.

This just confirms for me that the real sneasel here is Ken Corday and his writing team. They had a year to prepare for these exits yet Ken Corday said he wanted a story line "that would have fans throwing their sandwiches at the TV,"  and danged if that wasn't what we got. Ali Sweeney has been on the show for 21 years, seems to me like the head dude in charge would want to illicit a gamut of emotions from the audience not just  inspire the hate watcher to chuck their Reuben on rye at an LCD screen in anger. Besides which Days can't afford hate watchers. This ain't no Shonda Rhimes joint. This ain't Mad Men. What Corday doesn't seem to get is that it doesn't make any sense to fuel hate watching in a dying genre, especially since most of the people watching now have been watching for decades and do so either out of loyalty or habit. 

As for Friday's episode? I thought AS was very good during her more quieter moments and being kind of out of it and believing that EJ would be coming home with her. I will probably be the lone dissenter and say that I just can't with AS in full hysteric mode anymore, even if purportedly well done. I.JUST.CAN.NOT.  I think it just of case of overload. I have seen her do this too much and too often to the point that I am immune. But other than those scenes, I thought she did well. I also really, really surprised myself by how much I liked her interactions with Rafe. GG usual flat effect finally worked for him in those scenes. Damning with faint praise I know.  

The death scene did happen rather quickly. It was jarring especially when compared to just a few days ago John damn near took a whole damn show to spit out 4 doggone sentences. EJ is shot keels over in a cloud of dust like pigpen and dies on the scene from a shot to the abdomen during the commercial break. I wish the show would commit to this death and have EJ be dead dead and have Sami go off with her kids. Everything about this story has been a cheap copout. Months of Kami revenge only to be undo in moments with no looking back. To have EJ turn up alive after all the anvil dropping telegraphing EJ's demise would be more of the same so I fully expect it.  Corday is nothing if not fully predictable.

If that prediction is true than the fallout from all that amounted to what exactly? Kate will be left holding the bag while Sami skips off to wherever with a not dead EJ,  Abby can't get a job, looks for places to get it on with Ollie, acts in righteous indignation with Chad and attempts to re-beguile him with the power of the Horton mystical vagine. 

• Love 7

Together with everything else, the EMTs being so casual, makes this SL even more of a joke.  After everything that has happened, I don't believe EJ loves Sami, and I don't know why the hell she believes it, or why she would love him.  This SL has been so anti-climatic and lame.  AS was great in her scenes, but this would have played better if EJ hadn't spent months lying to Sami, betraying her in every way, and cheating on her.  If EJ had told Sami the truth about Kristen/Eric, if they had spent the last several months battling Stefano trying to get out from under his thumb, and EJ really had been the victim of a random mugging, this could have been a tragic story.  Instead, I'm puzzled as to why Sami wouldn't be celebrating, and praying that Stefano and Kristen join EJ in hell.

I'm not sure what kind of ending they were ultimately going for with these two lunatics, but I agree that the writers/Corday dropped the ball big time if they wanted to create a tragic love story. It would have played so much better if EJ and Sami had been living happily and lovingly over the past few months. It's hard to feel like Sami got cheated out of her True Love story when her fiance/husband had been cheating and lying to her for months and then she went for balls-out revenge. For me, the Love Story rang very empty.  They had, like, a week of being back together after months of animosity? Ugh, whatever, show.

But you know what would be totally cool? If we find out that EJ's been a vampire ALL THIS TIME and he isn't really dead! And now he's PISSED that he got shot and goes around town on a blood rampage! The first one he kills is Abigail and then Will and then Jordan and on down the line until we've cleaned some house here and then Sami stabs him with a stake through the heart and we are finally, really done with ol' EJ. And then Sami goes off with the kids, blah, blah, blah and everyone lives happily ever after without Abigail around.

• Love 3

It’s no wonder everyone keeps leaving this show.  These poor actors/actresses do the best they can to sell these idiotic SLs, and then Corday and the writers up the ridiculousness ante with the patented Dimera serum scene.  {face palm}

I enjoyed Kate/Chad scenes, and Sami with her children.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 2

I'm wondering exactly how did DH get the role of Marlena. Her auditions couldn't have been that great. She was horrible back then and she's atrocious now. WTH? This has to be an episode of Unsolved Mysteries.

See how quickly people change their tune when someone is dead Chad, Stefano, and Kristen. I've had blow ups with certain family members but I've never disowned them or said one of them is dead to me or anything like that. Kate was remorseful but she didn't change her tune on how she felt about EJ. I do like that Kate won't let Stefano take the kids if he tried.

How the hell did Kristen get pass all the medical staff? I see why Sami doubted donating the money to the hospital cause of how bad their security and everything else that's just silly at that hospital. Well if they hire a dingy hippie like Dr. Dirt then nothing that hospital does should surprise me. Looks like EJ is gonna come alive with one small injection. SMDH.

• Love 5

Well if they hire a dingy hippie like Dr. Dirt then nothing that hospital does should surprise me. Looks like EJ is gonna come alive with one small injection. SMDH.

Dingy hippie! Hee!

I agree with you all that it would have been nice to have EJ dead for longer than a day. But does the injection make him Real EJ or Zombie EJ? I saw Pet Cemetery and you don't want to mess around with bringing the dead back to life. I guess it would be too much to hope for that he comes back with a different personality or no memory of his previous life or a taste for blood.

• Love 2

Is there anyone else out there finding themselves not liking a character because of the actor portraying him?  I cannot stand Sami and I think that has something to do with the actor portraying her who I find prone of overacting in the extreme.  I could not tolerate Jack either because I have never been able to accept Matt Ashford in any role he has played, both on Days and on GH. Billy Warlock is also on my list of actors who just fall short of acceptance for me. 

Am I alone in this inability to separate the actor from the role? 

How the hell did Kristen get pass all the medical staff? I see why Sami doubted donating the money to the hospital cause of how bad their security and everything else that's just silly at that hospital. Well if they hire a dingy hippie like Dr. Dirt then nothing that hospital does should surprise me. Looks like EJ is gonna come alive with one small injection. SMDH.

It couldn't have been that difficult. After all, they left Sami in there alone then let Marlena sneak in. Clearly, the staff at Salem General are all either on the take or don't bother to read the "security" memos.

I agree with you all that it would have been nice to have EJ dead for longer than a day. But does the injection make him Real EJ or Zombie EJ? I saw Pet Cemetery and you don't want to mess around with bringing the dead back to life. I guess it would be too much to hope for that he comes back with a different personality or no memory of his previous life or a taste for blood.

You have to bury him in the Pet Cemetery for him to come back as Zombie EJ. Now, as far as the state of his memory, well, it is a DiMera Sooper Serum....
  • Love 2

Nope. And sometimes I can't separate the role from the actor. I despise Abigail and KM, but which came first? All I know is that I wish she would go far, far away.

• Love 4

No joke - I laughed through today's episode.

Kristin had no emotional reason to start trashing her room - when did she and EJ become close siblings and have good times?

I just couldn't with Sami's flashbacks.  I have a twenty in my hand for the person who edits into those scenes flashbacks to the rape and head shooting scenes and uploads it to YT.

• Love 2

"Dingy hippie" is my new favorite saying.

I liked Sami' s nail polish today. And the flashbacks showed that her hair has always looked pretty good through the years.

Her hair has gotten a lot thinner and wispier over the years though. I think her hair has really lost a lot of thickness and volume probably from bleaching and overstyling. She was my hair inspiration back in the day. Back when Days had a budget and great ratings, the hair department would sometimes give her the most intricate hairdos that would sometimes have braids incorporated. Her hair would have rivaled Paige's. 

I actually started watching today's episode and had to stop when I realized that it would be laden not only with ejami flash backs but also with revisionist history. Looks like Sami has total recall of all things imaginary when it comes to her relationship with EJ. About 17 minutes in I was rolling my eyes so damn hard I realized I would have to watch this mess in increments or choose to continue on and have my eyes roll out of my head and have to buy a braille keyboard. Ain't nobody got time for that and Walking Dead is to damn good so I chose the former. 

I just can't find any sympathy for the devil jr aka Elvis Dimera. I am reminded of one of my favorite quotes from the film No Country For Old Men. The old sheriff and his deputy come across drug cartel members riddled with bullets slain in the desert and the dialogue goes like this:

Deputy: We got another execution here Sheriff?

Old Sheriff: No, I believe this one's died of natural causes.

Deputy: Natural causes?

Old Sheriff: Natural to the line of work he's in.

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 4

Ken Corday should never ever give another interview for as long as he lives.  The man comes across as an arrogant jackass, brain dead idiot, and entitled prick all at the same time.

I liked Sami's scene with Rafe even though it is so beyond weird that Sami is mourning EJ.  I notice the flashbacks left out - EVERYTHING.

As usual Kate sees the big picture.  I can see Lucas, Eric, Brady, and Rafe offering to move into the mansion to help protect Sami and the children, and Kate's response of, "Sami's a better shot than any of you, and I'm me, but we have plenty of room so you're welcome.  Just don't get in the way of our killing Stefano or Kristen, and you will be expected to help get rid of the bodies."

• Love 5

Is there anyone else out there finding themselves not liking a character because of the actor portraying him?  I cannot stand Sami and I think that has something to do with the actor portraying her who I find prone of overacting in the extreme.  I could not tolerate Jack either because I have never been able to accept Matt Ashford in any role he has played, both on Days and on GH. Billy Warlock is also on my list of actors who just fall short of acceptance for me. 

No. For me it's Maurice Bernard, Michelle Stafford, and the woman who plays Abigail here on Days. 

ETA:  Laura Wright is on that list, too. I also don't have much tolerance for Billy warlock.

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 2

KM doesn't do her characters any favors with her trolling in interviews, so it just makes her character even more detestable. 

GW's portrayal of Will is just awful and atrocious and hideous. CM was able to give Will likable qualities while GW just makes Will look like a shit eating douche. It's his acting choices of doing that lowered head, eye thing, the constant pursed lips.

So the actor's portrayal does have some weight on whether or not I will like their character.

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 2

I liked Sami's scene with Rafe even though it is so beyond weird that Sami is mourning EJ.  I notice the flashbacks left out - EVERYTHING.

I think the line that was making me see red was when Sami said: " If I hadn't been so stubborn things hadn't got so ugly." 

WTF does that mean? So I guess simply saying no thanks to sex in exchange for your boyfriend's life is being stubborn. Or is it simply not giving in to being terrorized and harrassed at every turn thereafter by the guy who came into town with the plan to plant his seed in your womb? Silly me. 

Days maybe months ahead in taping but it is centuries behind when it comes to feminism ideals. If this show had a wider audience there would be outrage at the implications. 

Days loves its boytoy eye candy. Can't say that GW fits in that category. I don't know what Days had in mind when they cast GW because he is not that great of an actor either. I think the issue I have is that GW gives Will an air of entitlement, immaturity and brattiness.  

I took a break from Days around the time that KM was going around giving interviews. I dislike the character of Abby but it doesn't extend to the actress simply because I haven't bothered to educate myself on what she has said or done in the past. When I left the actress I was having an issue with was AS but I have since mellowed towards her. 

• Love 3

Days loves its boytoy eye candy. Can't say that GW fits in that category. I don't know what Days had in mind when they cast GW because he is not that great of an actor either. I think the issue I have is that GW gives Will an air of entitlement, immaturity and brattiness.

Kind of like Sami & Lucas

I have to disagree with a lot of the above, because I loved Alison today.  She made me weepy.

I will be very disappointed if we don't get Will and Sonny's reactions to EJ's death.  I also didn't like that Sami's reveal to the kids was done without sound.

I'm also disappointed that EJ really did die, and didn't fake his death with the help of his henchman.  How will he and Sami be able to run away, if Stefano know he's alive?

Edited by Rick Kitchen
  • Love 8

I think AS has been doing well with her material, but I'm fatigued with Days itself. It's hard for me to stick with the show itself because of the way they've dragged each storyline without committing to anything (until the actors leaving forced them to make a commitment to SOMETHING, which has consequently resulted in everything being slapped together weirdly with no proper continuity in-between arcs).

Edited by bantering
  • Love 5

I have to disagree with a lot of the above, because I loved Alison today.  She made me weepy.

I will be very disappointed if we don't get Will and Sonny's reactions to EJ's death.  I also didn't like that Sami's reveal to the kids was done without sound.

I'm also disappointed that EJ really did die, and didn't fake his death with the help of his henchman.  How will he and Sami be able to run away, if Stefano know he's alive?

I like Sami & EJ so today make me teary too. Although I was glad Sami talking to the kid was done the way it was as I couldn’t take being depressed anymore.

I’m still trying to figure out this exit storyline of EJ’s (lord help me I don’t know why since it requires trying to figure out the distorted thinking of Corday and crew). But is EJ really dead?  I’m sure I’ve been watching soaps too long but when it appeared that Stefano really did believe EJ dead and grieved, told Kristin, told Chad, then got a call which we didn’t hear, and then called Kristin with instructions, I started to wonder if the guy that shot EJ shot him with something that would make him appear dead. (Ya know that TV trick where the person can’t move?)  Anyways, I thought perhaps that Stefano’s call was from someone telling him how it really went down; otherwise if he thought he had a way to bring EJ back, why would he bother informing Kristin EJ was dead in the first place, only to call her back with new instructions?   I guess we’ll find out over the next two weeks. It’s probably a waste of time trying to figure this show out anymore.  I mean after all, Sami shoots EJ in the head and he survives but he gets shot in the side (clearly not in the heart the way it played out and the fact that his bare chest was visible in the morgue) and he dies in minutes.

On a slightly related note about EJ’s shooting, isn’t it time the Salem PD put some patrol men in the park area? I mean it’s a public park, walking distance from town square, and yet EJ has been shot there, Nick has been shot there, Clyde conducts his drug meetings there, and Brady used to buy his coke there. Oh, and the Salem U kids have underage drinking parties there.  Maybe they shouldn’t have gotten rid of the set for the Pier. I could at least buy shady deals going down there. It was always foggy after all.

• Love 6

I like Allison Sweeney - a lot.  I've gotten a little tired over the years of the loud histrionics that Sami defaults to, but not tired enough to dislike the character, and that's probably because Allison Sweeney herself always comes across as such an agreeable person in her interviews, and a person who values the genre she works in and also values the fans.  Sure, it could be part of an act - she's a performer, after all - but essentially I believe the way she presents herself is true.  That's gone a long way to keeping me interested in Sami.  

I generally don't dislike actors for the roles they play, although I sometimes DO like characters only because of the actors who portray them.  Not make much sense, does it?  But I find myself rooting for an actor's success in a role - such as Kassie de Pavia right now as Eve.  Eve is a train wreck, KdP on the other hand is someone I really like to see on screen, and someone who comes across like AS does in regard to the soap genre and her regard for the fans.  I've felt that way about other actors over the years as well.

The only actor I really can't stand is Michelle Stafford, due more to her interviews than even her performances, which I find terrifyingly bad.  

So my fondness for AS is probably why I enjoyed her scenes as much as I did today.  Honestly, during those "greatest moments" memory montage of EJ and Sami, all I could think of was Gilda Radnor's character, Lisa Loopner, when she played "The Way We Were" and kept breaking down as she explained the background of the song.  It had elements of a Saturday Night Live skit at times.

But when she got quiet, when she used her eyes as much as her voice, AS had me.  Totally.  She had me so much that I didn't even recoil when RoboMarlena stepped into the scenes, or when Grampa McCoy aka Roman was talking.  For me she was just that good.  And her scene with Rafe - well, as one of you said in an earlier post - Galen's usual flat affect didn't detract from the power of their scene at all.  What I'm hoping for more than anything with this storyline is the reactions from other characters to EJ's "death" and to Sami in her grief.  How much asshattery will be afoot from the usual suspects?.  And as much as I dislike children-centered soap storylines, I just as much love Johnnie, in particular, and the other kids as well.  I too was glad not to hear what Sami actually said to them - I'd had enough by then.

And Kate and Chad, too, brought it in their scenes.  Kate's not going to sugarcoat EJ now because he's dead, but she's not going to pile on, either.  And for the best reason of all, the welfare of the children.  And it looks like Chad will do the same.  I'm glad we got those reactions today, because I suspect that starting tomorrow we'll be getting the Sneasel and Slappy Grief and Farewell to EJ tour.  And that will NOT be pretty.  Someone should just throw some peanuts in their path, that should distract the little rodents.

As to what the hell Kristen was injecting EJ with, I. Just. Can't.  A little sci-fy goes a long way with me on soaps, and this constant reviving of the dead - as has been said much better than I can - diminishes the whole idea.  How an injection can counteract a gunshot is beyond me, and beyond my interest level.  

I didn't mind - and in fact, enjoyed - the wholesale revival of beloved dead characters on AMC when the show was ending precisely BECAUSE the show was ending, and some of these characters should never have been killed in the first place.  But now we have virtually every character who ever died on GH coming back to life, and the same thing on Y&R.  

I really don't want to see DOOL go down that same route.  

Edited by boes
  • Love 9

Which, in theory, should have made him a great choice to play Sami's son. 

• Love 1