Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

She did that during the Coven drowning Nick in the stream storyline and the Gabi reconciling with back from the dead Nick story. It's really frustrating to me her constantly commenting on or giving interviews on every story to the press and her serious misinterpretion of plots and characters. I've read each soap mag like SOD weekly since I was in 6th grade. I really enjoy when there's some insight or juicy info from the principle actors involved in the story or the head writer. She totally, JMHO, wasted my time. The last one that had me fling my SOD away in frustration was when KM said Sami was Abby's best friend so the affair was difficult for her...since when were they best friends and with friends like Abby...!

That was it! It was during Nick's murder story and she kept talking about everyone else's motivation and thoughts and it made no sense at all!  Most of what she said didn't even match what was happening on screen!  Drove me bananas!  I understand that an actor needs to self-promote, but they also need to know how to moderate themselves. She self-promoted so much that it made me sick of her!  I seriously wonder what bigwig is her boyfriend because I do not understand how she has become the face and voice of the show.  

• Love 4

I know that Kate Mansi was dating Casey Dietrich for a while, but I think more recently he's been dating Molly Burnett.  Don't know who she might be dating now.

Well, if you go by her, she's dating Woody Allen.  Poor Soon Yi........

• Love 2

I seriously wonder what bigwig is her boyfriend because I do not understand how she has become the face and voice of the show.  

Like someone on the writing staff, for instance? 

Like David Cherrill. That's the rumor. Only a rumor.

• Love 2

But I also wish Jenn would throw Eve's former prostitution into her face.

Oh heck, what about Nick and Eve kidnapping Frankie and Jen, and very nearly dragging them into that pr0n shoot? I don't remember how they got out of it, but I have to give Jen a little more of the high ground when it comes to Eve.

Oh heck, what about Nick and Eve kidnapping Frankie and Jen, and very nearly dragging them into that pr0n shoot? I don't remember how they got out of it, but I have to give Jen a little more of the high ground when it comes to Eve.

I will settle for Jennifer pointing out that Eve had no problem marrying Jack. She didn't feel unsafe around him then, did she? Also, the whole, it happened 25 years ago thing might be mentioned. I'd also add there is not genetic predisposition to rape. Unlike being a slap-happy heifer. That apparently does run in families.

• Love 10

I liked the scene with Eric and Sami today.  However, it's scenes like these, the ones with Kate, and the ones with Lucas that remind me TIIC wasted AS/Sami's last year on the show in a SL that went nowhere.

Sami was dead wrong in so many things she did over the years, but she paid in one way or another, and she still gets reminded of bad things she did 20 years ago.  I would rather watch a character like that than all the supposed "good" characters who get a free pass on anything they do.

Is there anyway JJ could be Jack's son with someone else, and they could get him out of the Horrible Horton's orbit?

Shut up Jenn and Eve.

I really hate how EJ is once again being whitewashed, and everything he has done (including all the things he has done to Sami) is just ignored so they can put Sami back with EJ.

Kami were the better couple, and the scenes with Kate and EJ still play like they are competing for who gets Sami.  Kate should have won.

• Love 6

I understand that an actor needs to self-promote, but they also need to know how to moderate themselves. She self-promoted so much that it made me sick of her!

KM really does a disservice to the already awful Abby. Abby is on 14 days a week getting all up in everyone's business and just being terrible in every way, and then KM is off screen doing 95% of the interviews and speaking about other character's motivations. And everyone is entitled to their opinion but I don't understand how your opinion could be so out of whack with what's happening on screen. It's like she's afraid for anyone to think Abby is less than a saint.

• Love 3

Watching today episode right now - random question/observation...

Why do Ollie and Slappy make all that noise when they kiss?  It sounds like two plugged sinks starting to drain, or a couple of cats hacking up hairballs.

They sure know how to do sexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy.

• Love 5

Like someone on the writing staff, for instance?

Well, that would explain all the "breathtaking beautiful" lines we have to hear over and over again about Abby. Tell her on your own time, Romeo.

Why do Ollie and Slappy make all that noise when they kiss?  It sounds like two plugged sinks starting to drain, or a couple of cats hacking up hairballs.

Have they attended the Drake Hogestyn Dramatic Academy of Slobbery Kisses?  

• Love 9

sunnyheart, I caught that too, the loud kissing.  It was awful, they must be on a very tight budget that they couldn't have them redo the scene over.  It was hilarious.

Wait till they have enough of those scenes and someone makes a montage of it. There's a hilarious one out there of John and Marlena's various smooches. I would find and link it for you all but I'm all out of brain bleach.

"I don't ever want to leave this room", said our plucky, recently ..... ah, lets just say it rhymes with part of 'plucky' heroine, the noble Abigail, her tentacles intertwined with the overly-toned body parts of Ollie Carbunkle, lounging in the afterglow of their sweaty, lipsmackin' good mating ritual.  And surrounded by all those candles, lying on those satin sheets that people without suckers attached to their body usually slide right off of.  

Let me assure our Lil' Miss Slappy, WE DON'T EVER WANT YOU TO LEAVE THAT ROOM EITHER.  In fact, if a team of bricklayers were entombing them as they spoke, one of DOOL's major problems would be solved.  I suppose they could have installed a spy camera so we could watch Slappy kill and devour Ollie, sucking the marrow from his bones the way she sucks the life out of every scene, but unfortunately, I can only dream.  

I only remember one scene in all my soap history that was more repugnant than Slappy and Ollie making this National Geographic "When Animals Nauseate" scene, and that was when Ryan Lavery slept with Erica Kane, and a monument to daytime history was brought as low as any character could be.  At least, I guess, we weren't subjected to seeing either Slappy or Ollie in a thong.....

I'd be more than fine with Matt Ashford doing a drive-by and slapping everyone who mentions his character's name, and doing something unspeakable to the writers who have decided to completely trash his character.  There was more to him than the rape, just as there is way more to Kayla than the rape, and there is only one other character on ANY other soap that I can remember who was actually as tortured by what he did as Jack was.  To trample over that is lazy storytelling and disrespectful to the fans as well as the cast.  And it's not necessary.  There are a lot of ways to go with causing trouble with JJ and Paige - and Jack's history could even legitimately be part of that story line - but as it's currently written, this is garbage.

I'm probably going to be saying this in every post, but I am more and more impressed with Casey Moss and his growth as an actor than I have been by any newcomer (and quite a few not-so-newcomers) in a long time.  He's learned how to convey feelings and thoughts without being verbal, and that's really something when you consider the pace of taping and lack of time for retakes in the soap world today.  He works a lot and I've yet to see him falter.  In fact, I think he has ended up carrying his co-stars - including Missy Reeves - more than once.  Unlike everyone else in this particular story line, I'm actually feeling his pain and worry.  Good, good job IMO.

Now when is the last time anyone on this board slapped somebody?  I know, for me, the last time would have been when tv was still in black and white, we had three channels and my 1st Communion was still within recent memory.  So for me almost a hundred years ago.  We were working class people and physical violence was considered VERY low class.  It didn't happen unless there was an actual threat of violence.  

But here we have Polly Pureheart, the aging princess of Salem, heir to the finest family in town, throwing her right hook the same way the Queen waves when she opens supermarkets.  Not only did she slap Eve again, she also barged into her home - when not too long ago she once threw Eve out, and the other time slammed the door in her face.  I'm not saying that Jenn wasn't provoked to a certain extent, although I find her to be a bit hypocrtical, considering her attitude to Jack during his last stint in Salem.  Her eagerness to lash out invalidates her righteous anger for me.  

Eve is trash, Nicole is trash, Kristen is trash, Chloe is trash - and the show writes them all as having hurt our precious angel in one way or another.  Jenn is picked on, Jenn is misunderstood, Jenn is alone and so BRAVE, and Eve is right.  She gets off on being a victim.  

And then she slaps whoever she's pissed at, and in my eyes, that immediately cancels her card in the exclusive Ladies Club she thinks she belongs to.  In keeping with her utter lack of class I fully expect her to let one loose at the dinner table and stash the loogies she digs out of her nose on the underside of Alice's antiques.  Woman has no class, just a buttload of pretension.

But she did give me my other favorite line of the day, when her phone rang when she was talking to JJ ,"I'm sure it's a work thing".  A WORK THING??  Jenn??  What is this thing you call "work"??  Unless you mean the hospital was calling to see if you were still alive.  No wonder Slappy isn't too worried about finding a job.  Going by her mother's example, there is no real difference between having a job and staying at home all day.

I enjoyed EJ and NIcole - or, to be more specific, I enjoyed Nicole more than I have in quite some time.  She was snarky, she looked great, and she wasn't acting NUTS about Eric.  Of course, this was an anomaly so that she and EJ could have a nice "goodbye" scene, but I'll take what I can get.

I did not, on the other hand, enjoy Sami and Eric.  I'm mightily tired of Sami having to beg her family to not despise her - that is, when they notice her at all.  Sami, for all of her toughness is a very needy and insecure person, and her family with the exception of Caroline use that insecurity to stick it to her more often than not.

So great of Eric to not hate her, I guess.  But that doesn't lessen my contempt for him.

And I end my little diatribe on the note I began with - LEAVE ABIGAIL IN THAT ROOM FOREVER.

Edited by boes
  • Love 11

I am so confused by this whole Jenn/JJ/Paige/Eve I'll be nice and call it a storyline. The dialogue in these scenes does not match the action at all. I must have missed the episode where Eve "tortured" JJ; the dialogue today sounded like she set him on fire and then covered him in fire ants. The whole thing is so low-stakes and ridiculous, I don't understand what TIIC are going for. At this point, I'm ready for Eve to go full on evil for real; at least that might be interesting.

• Love 3

I am so confused by this whole Jenn/JJ/Paige/Eve I'll be nice and call it a storyline. The dialogue in these scenes does not match the action at all. I must have missed the episode where Eve "tortured" JJ; the dialogue today sounded like she set him on fire and then covered him in fire ants. The whole thing is so low-stakes and ridiculous, I don't understand what TIIC are going for. At this point, I'm ready for Eve to go full on evil for real; at least that might be interesting.

Oh, Kirstabell, you've got me chuckling for the rest of the night with that image!  Of course, nothing says JENN like exaggeration.  

And come to think of it, the covering in fire ants thing is something she and Dr. Dan used to do as prelude to love.  And as I remember, it also involved an Eskimo Pie and a toilet plunger.......and of course, the Best of Barry Manilow.  Only the very best for our Jenn!

Edited by boes

I must have missed the episode where Eve "tortured" JJ

I'm a little behind but Eve feels like she can stalk Alice's house until Jenn leaves - because Jenn rarely leaves the house - and JJ is home alone, then barge in and tell him off wagging her head, her finger and probably her butt at the same time (fire ants?), insult him, trash his family to his face, accuse him of cheating when she set it up, call him a liar, and tell him he can't see Paige.  More than once. I have a 25 yr old son and if his gf's mother did anything close to that I would be pissed as hell. Especially if she had a sing-song twang she never had before.

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 2

The last one that had me fling my SOD away in frustration was when KM said Sami was Abby's best friend so the affair was difficult for her...since when were they best friends and with friends like Abby...!

Say what, now? 

If that were even true -- which, bitch, please -- that makes what Abby did even more vile and bitchy.  And makes Sami's reaction all that more realistic and relatable.  Your "best friend" fucking your fiancé, spending time with your children while eye-fucking your fiancé and lying right to your face about possibly being pregnant with your fiancé's baby, whom she fucked in the shower while you were in the same room?  No.  I've said it before; Abby should be damn glad I'm not a soap character, because that raggedy-ass hair of hers would be torn out by the roots and floating all over Horton Square. 

Abby needs to have a seat.  Wired for electricity.    

Am I the only one who hoped that Ben or Abby would offer oral so that at least one of them would have to shut up?

I'd settle for a ball-gag.  One for each of them, and one for me, to stop the sobs that come from realizing that this is what passes for sexy on daytime.

(Sorry, DisneyBoy  lol  I tried to be kind.  I failed.)

Another Horton shrew slap today; this is getting ridiculous. I wish someone would just slap back.

I liked the scene with Eric and Sami today.  However, it's scenes like these, the ones with Kate, and the ones with Lucas that remind me TIIC wasted AS/Sami's last year on the show in a SL that went nowhere.

Sami was dead wrong in so many things she did over the years, but she paid in one way or another, and she still gets reminded of bad things she did 20 years ago.  I would rather watch a character like that than all the supposed "good" characters who get a free pass on anything they do.

Is there anyway JJ could be Jack's son with someone else, and they could get him out of the Horrible Horton's orbit?

Shut up Jenn and Eve.

I really hate how EJ is once again being whitewashed, and everything he has done (including all the things he has done to Sami) is just ignored so they can put Sami back with EJ.

Kami were the better couple, and the scenes with Kate and EJ still play like they are competing for who gets Sami.  Kate should have won.

GV is sooo wasted on this show.  He's better than being a mopey dope, and it shows in his scenes with AS.  I loved, loved, loved (channeling Susan there) when Eric, Sami and Brady had scenes together before the rape reveal.  They all looked and acted like siblings, which was so nice to see. 

I miss Kami something fierce.  It's depressing how quickly this s/l went downhill, and I feel bad for LK, because I read that she was thrilled to be working with AS like this, and to have it turn into such a shitshow sucks for all of the actors involved.  You can go ahead and kill something that awesome, show, but Kami will always live on in my heart. 

Eve is bugging and Jenn is ...I'm trying to be nice, here.  Those Hortons are way too handsy.  I hate what they are doing to JJ, it feels like psychological abuse.  He's never allowed to forget his drug past, or his father's sins, or how disappointed everyone is in him, or how holy is mother and sister are.  They are infantilizing him, too.  Guy's in college, he needs to move out of Horton Hell House and be young and have fun.  This is why this s/l is so boring; everyone's so childish.  It's like watching live feed of KinderCare.

Oh, and Paige? 

Sex 101 Tip (Remedial Class):  Talking about your bf's aunt's rape (by his own father) is not the way to get laid, honey.  And then asking "Was it because I brought up what happened to your aunt (rape)?  I'm going to give my usual response to obvious, dumbass questions here:  Shit, duh, Paige! 

Ugh.  I need a "Free JJ" sandwich board and a cow bell. 

I feel like I need to say something nice here.  Sami and Nicole looked good, today.  Shallow, but my brain hurts, so it's all I got. 

• Love 10

I don't quite see the Nick Cage in NuChad but when he was standing behind the bar talking to Jordan he looks like John Cusack to me.  The spark I'm seeing has a lot to do with Chad's quickly looking her up and down and the John Cusack mouth. I think I like it that Sonny's a little leery about Chad.  I'm not completely sure whose side he's on.

Jordan looks great in that red dress but hasn't she been wearing it for two weeks already? Lordy if she doesn't stop that squinty picklemouth...Still, I have to admire how she hightailed it away from Abby and her stupid comments in the WilSon apt.

Question, does Creepy talk like that in real life?  I fail to see any interest on Kate's part and Creepy is blackmailing her to have a rich woman.

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 1

I don't quite see the Nick Cage in NuChad but when he was standing behind the bar talking to Jordan he looks like John Cusack to me.

The minute I saw him he reminded me of Alfred E Newman from MAD comics.  Although at least he sounds almost exactly like old Chad so if I close my eyes I can readily pretend it is old Chad...no can do with Nu Will (aka Richie Cunningham)...he's really whiny although I still close my eyes because I just cannot stand this dude.  A pox on the casting people, they have been doing a real crappy job these days.

barge in and tell him off wagging her head, her finger and probably her butt at the same time (fire ants?), 

QuelleC, they say Image is everything and that image is making me chuckle and will throughout the day, probably at inappropriate times.  Thanks for starting my day out with the best laugh!

• Love 1

Abigail tends to look better when she doesn't smile, I think. When she smiled up to Ben in the afterglow, her face suddenly looked confusing to me again. No wonder she smirks so much instead. 

Paige is another one whose face perplexes me. She has all the elements of being pretty, but yet....Acting-wise, she can't keep up with JJ, so it's a bit glaring how limited she is talent-wise. With Ben and Abigail, at least they're both more on the same level with each other, so whatever problems there might be there (other than their utter boring-ness) might not be as noticeable until they share scenes with someone like Nu-Chad or EJ, even on his worst day. But poor Paige has to keep up with JJ, who is actually good at acting!

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

Abigail tends to look better when she doesn't smile, I think. When she smiled up to Ben in the afterglow, her face suddenly looked confusing to me again. No wonder she smirks so much instead. 

Paige is another one whose face perplexes me. She has all the elements of being pretty, but yet....Acting-wise, she can't keep up with JJ, so it's a bit glaring how limited she is talent-wise. With Ben and Abigail, at least they're both more on the same level with each other, so whatever problems there might be there (other than their utter boring-ness) might not be as noticeable until they share scenes with someone like Nu-Chad or EJ, even on his worst day. But poor Paige has to keep up with JJ, who is actually good at acting!

I actually think KM can be quite pretty. She needs to stop doing the "tilt chin" and smile routine though. Someone compared a picture of KM doing that tired shtick to Remy from Ratatouille and now .. well, you try getting it out of your head.

cuterat.jpg

The actress who plays Paige is ill-served by the hair department. WTF is up with that braid? It emphasizes her jaw and the largeness of her head. Also, this is supposed to be a smart girl who yearns to be a doctor. That scraggily braid doesn't fit. It also makes her look young. Like squickily young. Soft girls or hair up would be better, imho. The actress isn't as strong as CM - he's a gem - but she's horrible. Her material would be tough for any actress, though. 

• Love 4

I miss Kami something fierce.  It's depressing how quickly this s/l went downhill, and I feel bad for LK, because I read that she was thrilled to be working with AS like this, and to have it turn into such a shitshow sucks for all of the actors involved.  You can go ahead and kill something that awesome, show, but Kami will always live on in my heart.

I think both LK and AS were disappointed the SL ended the way it did.  Going by their tweets, they were thrilled to be working together in the "Toss Nick in the River" SL, and the revenge SL.  It's a SL they have both asked TIIC to do for them for years.

Sami still hasn't had a scene with Brady.  I was looking forward to Sami, Eric, and Brady getting together at a bar to bitch about EJ, Nicole, and Kristen.

How can NO ONE mention that Kristen using John's life to get Eric to drop the charges is so similar to what EJ did to Sami when he wouldn't help her save Lucas' life unless she had sex with him?

JJ, Chad, Theresa, and Sonny can stay.  The rest of their group needs to leave, and be replaced with better characters and actors.

• Love 3

I actually think KM can be quite pretty.

At certain times, I have thought so (more likely when she isn't actually playing Abigail, since the character is horrid). Then  at other times, I'm back to wondering how I could change what the hair and wardrobe people do to her. Her  natural darker hair looks nicer, I think. In real life, I'd probably not do an evaluation of her face. But on tv, sometimes people's features can bug me if I have to look at them for extended periods of time.

Maybe if the writing were better on this show I wouldn't be distracted by people's faces though. I hope EJ cuts his hair before he bites the bullet. His hair gel might set the coffin on fire.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

Sami and Eric were very cute together, despite their conversational topic.  I also liked Nicole and EJ's conversation, especially her laughing at what an idiot he is.  I don't know why he calls her Nicky when he calls everyone else by their full name, but I've always liked that quirk.  Truth be told, I prefer EJ and Nicole to any other pairing that either one has had.  Maybe it's because they're both so tall and good looking <shallow>.

And yes, a thousand times yes, please keep Abigail and Ben in that room together forever never to be seen again.  I don't want to watch those two eating lunch much less having sex.  Gross.

Why has no one ever had Jennifer arrested for assault?  Yes, Eve was saying truly awful and uncalled for things about JJ but that doesn't justify Jen's violence.  Plus, Jen didn't have to follow Eve home and force her way into Eve's apartment.  Dumb ass.  This story is so stupid.  They really need to get Eve into a new circle and backburner Jennifer for awhile.  Her righteous indignation is tiresome.

• Love 3

I don't think we're supposed to think slapping is assault, or even unacceptable behavior. It's just something every female character does at least once. I can remember when Carrie and Sami slapping each other felt like a weekly occurrence. Or Sami and Kate!  It's one of those soap things I just accept: like miracle cures from mad scientist doctors and torture chambers in a mansion basement. Stuff that happens with enough regularity that it doesn't even register as odd, let alone illegal, to the people of Salem. 

• Love 2

I've never understood how someone who is supposed to be a "good" character would slap another person. Most people don't go around slapping each other for perceived slights. I don't think I've even thought about slapping someone else, much less actually do it. Jennifer, get thee to a Jerry Springer show!

• Love 2

I can remember when Carrie and Sami slapping each other felt like a weekly occurrence. Or Sami and Kate!

When these people would slap each other, I felt it at least made sense. I don't know why -- maybe because of the familiarity (i.e Carrie and Sami) and the weirdness and seriousness of some of the crimes within the context of their overall history? (i.e Kate sending Sami to the electric chair).

When the Hortons slap other people, it just seems like the do it because someone dared to say something a little mean to them (which is more of a daily occurrence in Salem and happens to anyone and everyone on this show practically every day. Who doesn't say mean things to someone in this town at around the 1:30 mark? I believe EJ and Nicole were hurling jabs at each other just around that time yesterday). Why doesn't anyone dare to slap Victor? He's constantly saying mean things to people. Although at least he owns that he's a curmudgeon. The Hortons seem to be under the delusion that they're polite people, but they're just as guilty at hurling insults so I'm not sure why they're shocked when this comes ricocheting back to them (i.e Abigail taunting Chloe, and then standing there in shock that Chloe will verbally strike back. Duh).

Edited by bantering
  • Love 4

What it comes down to is that Salem is a town populated entirely by assholes. Assholes of every variety, certainly, but assholes nonetheless.

So what it comes down to is... which asshole do I prefer on sometimes shallow levels, or because they look good that day, or because the show isn't trying to insist that they're actually really super awesome rather than acknowledging that they're an asshole.

Oh, and they're pretty much all stupid assholes, too. I'm more convinced than ever that Salem is an experiment that Marlena thinks she's in charge of but there's some overseer scientist that is actually making her a part of the experiment, too.

Sometimes, it's the only way to get through it.

• Love 5

Seriously. Plus John wakes up from a months long coma, with memory loss, and still manages to figure it out immediately. Every other thing on this show takes everyone 6 months to figure out.

I'm all for moving the story along but not at Teresa's expense. Maybe she can sneak up behind him and hit him again.

• Love 5

Because of John's stupid plan to sleep with Kristen, I can kind of picture him now trying to seduce Teresa in order to "save" Brady from her.

No one deserves that punishment.  Especially me, if I had to watch it on my screen.   

• Love 5

Seriously. Plus John wakes up from a months long coma, with memory loss, and still manages to figure it out immediately. Every other thing on this show takes everyone 6 months to figure out.

I'm all for moving the story along but not at Teresa's expense. Maybe she can sneak up behind him and hit him again.

I'm amazed by the fact that John coming out of a coma acts exactly the same way as regular, pre-coma John.  Only now the confused eyebrows and expressions are appropriate.

Theresa is this show's last saving grace.  Don't get me wrong - Kate is cool and I think Eric and Brady can act, but they're all too weighed down in history and crappy storylines to be of immediate interest.  Theresa could be the "Rachel Cory", as someone else said (was it you Queen?) who could slowly build over time into a heroine/leading lady.  She can act, that's for darn sure, and now...she's going to what?  Get the Nicole treatment and be hated for hitting John?

Really show?

I know John is a legacy character, but you're doing nothing good with him and have in fact made us dislike him more than we ever thought possible, so...don't trash your promising newcomer in favor of him.

This show's plotlines are all so random.  Gabi gets raped by Nick (because he was raped in jail???  Or was there some other justification for this left-turn?) so she kills him with Sami and Kate's help (again - WHY!?!), but then he's still alive (...???) and then gets Gabi to DATE him again (?!!??!?!?!?!?!? - I'm running out of exclamation marks here) so then she kills him for real (see previous) and goes to jail.

Because....hun??

Kristin raping Eric to hurt Marlena was idiotic and random and OOC and poorly played out at the time (if Kristin had been in some truly deeply psychotic haze and robotically carried out, only to block the memory until later, then MAYBE I could have gone along, but even then...) and now we've been through months of EJ's random affair with Abby and random reunion with Sami.

And now Theresa randomly konks John out and demands money (since when was that her MO?) and now she's going to get arrested or something...and I just don't see the point in this.

NONE of the characters on this show are happy about anything.  None of them do anything other than gossip about each other, or yell and trade barbs and threats.

GAH.

What was the point of today's Kristin scenes?  They didn't further anything along.  It's was just like "Oh hey, Kristin's still here, she still seriously suspects Theresa for attacking John, but hasn't told anybody, and is now suddenly rushing out of her chair furious."  Sure.  Why not.

Sad to say, but I came back into DOOL because of ED's return in 2012.  I'll be going when she goes.  It sucks that after all these months, she's done so little, and had so few scenes with Stefano.  Didn't I read that he would be back in the mansion this month?  He's been off in some mysterious office making phone calls instead.  Boo.

Whoever edited that "John remembers being attacked" scene was...really not doing it well.  It repeated itself and had no rhythm or cohesion.  It could have been an exciting, concise fifteen second flash, but it felt more like monkeys pushing random buttons in After Effects threw it together.  Cripes.

Wonder how this will wrap up at the end of the month?  I suspect Kristin will just leave town with little fanfare.  They know better than to paint their Emmy-winning  actress' subplot into a corner.  Hopefully she gets to DO something positive before leaving Salem.  Kristin, despite all this inane writing, is at her heart a good person, even though she's also nuts and has a fetish for hurting Marlena's clan. I frankly think ED brings an astonishing amount of sincerity to the character.  I think ED felt Kristin saved John because it was the right thing to do and would help Brady.

At least they're wrapping up the Eric Rape storyline with her latest return.  Hopefully Eric can go and start coaching a hockey team now or doing photography again (wasn't he a photog when he first met Nicole?).  Dude needs a hobby.

I was thinking how much sense it would make for Hope's house set to still be used, now that she's going to be divorcing and getting with the lawyer.  Doesn't she still live in the same house, supposedly?  That's ripe for drama.  Ciara looking at Daddy's picture while Hope makes out with New Daddy on the couch.  

Now I'm imagining Ciara going all crazy on Hope and Aiden until Bo returns home.  Sounds spooky and fun, but I'm rather tired of family drama on this show, because little of it makes any sense.  Can we have one of those Sunset Beach-style disasters?  An overturned cruise ship maybe?

Oh, and to help bring some perspective to the awful Abby, at least she's not HOPE from Bold and the Beautiful.  THAT girl is intolerable.  At least Abby has affairs and gets mean.  Hope is just perfect, perfect, perfect according to that series.

• Love 2

Yep, someone would have to trick her into confessing (which also would not hold up in court, but y'know). While watching Jen Lilley act circles around Shawn Christian today, I couldn't stop looking at her enormous eyes. She looks like a Disney princess. I love her, and she's too good for this storyline and this show.

• Love 8

I just hope Theresa fulfills her promise to destroy Dr. Tan. 

Eh, after he kept looking at his computer instead of at least having the decency to look at her when she asked him to, I agree.  I don't even hate Daniel the way most others seem to, but I do dislike him, and his arrogance is a major reason why.

• Love 3

I don't care what Show has to do to get Theresa out from the corner they've written her into, but they better do it - and STAT.  If Show thinks that there's going to sympathy and support for Kristen MAKING SURE THERESA PAYS, when Kristen has paid for absolutely NOTHING, they can think again.  And to have to watch Doctor DoucheLord of the Dunce once again save the day, and at the same time, act like such a dick is NOT must-see tv, .......hmmmmm, temporarily losing my sense of humor here.....must think of good things, good things.......OKAY! Got it!

I just wiped out all the Jawn crap by thinking of Kate.  The sheer coolness of that woman, her underplayed fierceness, yep, more please!  EJ may have kept his smirk on, but after Kate was through with him, it looked pretty hollow to me.  And Victor asking for a ringside seat as Stefano goes after him, another good thing from today.

We had some decent Victor, too.  While I greatly enjoy his snark, I also like him being such a good-hearted pragmatist, as he was with Hope - and talking, gently, sense into Caroline.  I very much appreciate every scene we get with Caroline, and with Victor.  These talented elders are a wonderful reminder of the quality that has been a constant on this show, although lacking far too often these days.  

For me, not much of a day.  We had Eric being his usual blockhead, Brady being his usual double blockhead, Dirty Dan being his usual germ-covered, Pig Pen Blockhead, Jawn awake doing his imitation of a beached carp blockhead, and EJ being an insufferable overly-gelled blockhead.

Otherwise, I got nothin' today.

Edited by boes
  • Love 9

For me, not much of a day.  We had Eric being his usual blockhead, Brady being his usual double blockhead, Dirty Dan being his usual germ-covered, Pig Pen Blockhead, Jawn awake doing his imitation of a beached carp blockhead, and EJ being an insufferable overly-gelled blockhead.

This show does rely on painful stupidity to drive what I shall generously call action. I'm beyond baffled about the Eric/Nicole story. Why torpedo this story that was actually working? Why have them jump into bed in May? Is this someone's idea of angst? Am I supposed to be entertained by the prospect of Brady, Eric and Dan withholding their magic swords of love from the women who beg for them?

Theresa/Jen Lilley is worth 100 Abigails. She's a legacy character, too. I hate how TomSell constantly write characters into no-win situations, relying on the audience's fondness for the actor/character to make the character's viable. When I think of the utter, utter crap that infected my screen from 2010 thru 2012 I want to hurl my tv out my 29th floor window. Now we're on round 2! Think you like Theresa? Try liking her after she nearly kills an old man! Think you like Eve? Try liking her after she campaigns to torture a teenager! Think you like Eric? Try liking him after he admits he loves Nicole, which would make being a priest a little silly but that he also hates Nicole because now he hates her so much he can't be a priest! In fact, just try figuring that out. 

The last time this reign of stupidity was on I could not stomach my favorite characters: EJ, Sami, Carly, Vivian, Hope, Bo, Philip, Nicole, Brady, etc. I played the lets-not-discuss-that-dear game last time. I don't think I can do it again. 

• Love 6

Blockheads were everywhere today.

Kate is just awesome.  I loved her telling EJ they were Sami's children, and Sami and the children were better off without him.  I don't know if LK is doing it on purpose, but Kate is still coming across like she wants Sami for herself.

Victor and Caroline do so much with just the few scenes they get.

At this point, I don't care what Theresa does.  If she kills John, Kristen, and Dan, I will be cheering her on.  JL is a great actress, and she is fun to watch.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 6