Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

jsm1125, I hesitated with Chloe, but yeah, definitely early on.  I hated what they did to her at the end, but I loved the Nicole friendship.  They were fun drunks together.  Totally forgot Chelsea, I liked her, too.  Mimi I don't remember being anything but obnoxious and desperate to me, but maybe I'm forgetting things about her.

And like most of you guys here, I will be so pissed if they have Sami forgive EJ and ride into the sunset together.   Ugh.  And I loved them in the beginning, when he was EJ Wells and had better hair.  I sorta understand Sami softening towards EJ when it comes to their kids.  The show has beaten us over the head with how Sami screwed up Will by always fighting with Lucas (of course it was never his fault, no.) so I can believe that she's really torn because she knows how important having a stable home life and civil co-parents are for their kids -- and EJ has embraced all of her kids (one thing I like about his character) which is something I don't think she wants to take away from them. 

But, yeah, other than that?  Sami needs to nuke him.  Then ride off into the sunset with Kate, and that portrait .  That's my story and I'm sticking to it. 

Edited by SwordQueen
  • Love 3

Sami needs to nuke him.  Then ride off into the sunset with Kate, and that portrait .  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

This!!!

The writers chose to write this SL with Sami/EJ knowing AS and JS were leaving, therefore, they should have had the spine to END this relationship the right way, and if that means Sami putting another bullet in EJ's head so be it.

Also, I do not believe for a moment Kate/Sami didn't consider what Stefano would do, or that they would be afraid of him.  This is Kate and Sami.  They've never met a way to kill an enemy that they didn't like.

• Love 4

Who is the actress playing the hooker that Eve is trying to set up JJ with?  She looks so familiar.

If Mary Beth hates JJ because of his background, why is she hanging out with Rory?  And how did Rory manage to graduate from high school so that he's attending college now?

I guess Abigail was too busy stalking her latest victim, I mean man, to attend her brother's party.

Who does Jennifer's hair and are they living in the 60s?

• Love 1

jsm1125, I hesitated with Chloe, but yeah, definitely early on.  I hated what they did to her at the end, but I loved the Nicole friendship.  They were fun drunks together.  Totally forgot Chelsea, I liked her, too.  Mimi I don't remember being anything but obnoxious and desperate to me, but maybe I'm forgetting things about her.

And like most of you guys here, I will be so pissed if they have Sami forgive EJ and ride into the sunset together.   Ugh.  And I loved them in the beginning, when he was EJ Wells and had better hair.  I sorta understand Sami softening towards EJ when it comes to their kids.  The show has beaten us over the head with how Sami screwed up Will by always fighting with Lucas (of course it was never his fault, no.) so I can believe that she's really torn because she knows how important having a stable home life and civil co-parents are for their kids -- and EJ has embraced all of her kids (one thing I like about his character) which is something I don't think she wants to take away from them. 

But, yeah, other than that?  Sami needs to nuke him.  Then ride off into the sunset with Kate, and that portrait .  That's my story and I'm sticking to it. 

I think Mimi became a much more interesting character when Bonnie came on and when she was with Rex, and especially when she was married to Shawn D.  It helped that her and Belle became rivals and gave them much more dimension.  I especially like when Mimi became close to Kate while she was marrying Shawn.  Normally Kate would of killed Mimi for hurting Rex, but with the idea of Mimi and Shawn getting together which would keep Shawn D and Belle from getting together, and allow Phillip and Belle to stay married.  If I remember, Kate went into overdrive and was even helping Mimi plan her wedding to Shawn D. She may have even paid for it.

• Love 2

Jenn always says something that makes me see why I don't like her. She admonishes JJ for calling Mary Beth a bitch but she didn't do that when JJ called Sami a bitch. I like how Jenn just picks and choose who gets called what in her house. I LMAO when Eve slammed the door in her face, that was a real highlight for me.

Is Eve gonna try and get the hooker to seduce JJ or drug his drink or something? So that was Eve snapping photos of JJ and Paige making out. Now JJ and Abby have something in common. They really need to make sure they're in private when they're kissing and having sex.

Abby is so full of it, I didn't buy her reasons for one second. What she had with Ben was real but she didn't come up with an explanation for what her and EJ had. DIdn't she think that was real too when she tried to get to know the real EJ and what they had was so special, even told Sami that when she was gloating about it in her face. Abby just doesn't make sense, but then again has she ever?

Ciara is such a little snot. How that trapper keeper Hope got her just wasn't good enough for her. If I was Hope I would have told her that she's taking this trapper keeper to school with her. She can take it with her one of two ways in her backpack or down her throat. She's gonna be an Abby 2.0 when she gets older.

Hope please what a lousy fairy tale, she gets to dream up a fantasy and the best she can do is dream she trips at a children's school? Not me with mine it would be like The Little Mermaid, I save JJ, Sonny, or T from the boat and lay with them on the beach, of course I wouldn't sing or anything, would wake them up with a kiss. :) See my fantasies are better than Hope's.

• Love 2

Thanks, JBC344, for reminding me more about Mimi.  I liked her with Rex, before she lied to him, and sometimes with Shawn -- but, I hated the storylines so much around that time that it colored everything else. Mostly I thought she was shrill and exhausting, and if I'm being honest, I think it was more about the actress who portrayed her, than the character herself.  I liked Bonnie though, and that was because of the actress as well.

I really wish they would bring back some of these characters.  They are needed, since the ones we have are either boring or annoying.  Even having Belle, Shawn, and Chelsea in town would have them involved with Kate, Sami, Abby, Will, Theresa, Brady, Eric,  Kristen, Victor, and their parents.  I just remembered that Sonny and Chelsea are related, right?  Through Justin and Bo?  Sonny needs some other people to hang with besides Will and Abby. There's T, but his awesomeness is being spread too thin as It is with having to prop broth Will and Abby.  And speaking of, if they have T continue to sing Abby's praises, he, too, will get an eye full of my side-eye. 

The Aiden/Hope sl is so boring and I wonder how they are going to move this forward.  Are they going to have Hope divorce Bo?  I can't see her cheating on him fully.  I would hate for him to die or be presumed dead off-screen because that would suck for Ciara.  Girlfriend's got enough untapped range and angst in her already.  I don't mind Aiden so much, but they need to hurry up with fleshing him out a bit.  We know he has some secrets and guilt about his wife, and possibly the circumstances of her death, but not a whole lot else about him.  He has dimples.  They're cute.  That's all I got.  And every time I see him, I just end up wondering when Justin is going to come back from hiding out in NY from, well you know, from Adrianne. 

oceanblue, lol at Jennifer's hair being a wig or real.   Which possibility is less frightening?

I haven't watched today's show (I don't watch live), but a hooker for JJ???  Taking pics of her daughter sucking face?  Eve, man, what are you doing?  Those Horton's are just not worth all of this energy, and JJ is the least of the worst of 'em.  Where is she getting the money for a hooker? 

Edited by SwordQueen
  • Love 1

I really wish they would bring back some of these characters.  They are needed, since the ones we have are either boring or annoying.  Even having Belle, Shawn, and Chelsea in town would have them involved with Kate, Sami, Abby, Will, Theresa, Brady, Eric,  Kristen, Victor, and their parents.  I just remembered that Sonny and Chelsea are related, right?  Through Justin and Bo?  Sonny needs some other people to hang with besides Will and Abby. There's T, but his awesomeness is being spread too thin as It is with having to prop broth Will and Abby.  And speaking of, if they have T continue to sing Abby's praises, he, too, will get an eye full of my side-eye.

Yeah Sonny and Chelsea are cousins, second cousins, since Bo and Justin are first cousins.  Sonny, Chelsea and Will also share Phillip in common.  That is one thing that never gets mentioned regarding Sonny and Will.  They both used to be part of the same family when Kate was married to Victor.  Hell, Victor has spent a hell of a lot more time with Will, who actually used to live with him in the Kiriakis mansion, than he did with Sonny growing up.  Kate was Sonny's aunt through Victor for a good portion of his life. 

They mention the common cousins in JJ and Abby, but Bo, Phillip, and Chelsea never get mentioned as their common relations.

• Love 2

My computer got so upset with the Friday episode of DOOL that it up and committed suicide.  So I'm doing hunt and peck on this borrowed laptop until the new one gets here.

Jenn always says something that makes me see why I don't like her. She admonishes JJ for calling Mary Beth a bitch but she didn't do that when JJ called Sami a bitch. I like how Jenn just picks and choose who gets called what in her house. I LMAO when Eve slammed the door in her face, that was a real highlight for me.

Is Eve gonna try and get the hooker to seduce JJ or drug his drink or something? So that was Eve snapping photos of JJ and Paige making out. Now JJ and Abby have something in common. They really need to make sure they're in private when they're kissing and having sex.

Abby is so full of it, I didn't buy her reasons for one second. What she had with Ben was real but she didn't come up with an explanation for what her and EJ had. DIdn't she think that was real too when she tried to get to know the real EJ and what they had was so special, even told Sami that when she was gloating about it in her face. Abby just doesn't make sense, but then again has she ever?

I guess Abigail was too busy stalking her latest victim, I mean man, to attend her brother's party.

Who does Jennifer's hair and are they living in the 60s?

You all dissected Monday's show so well I've got nothing to add other than Abigail's big lying mouth in action once again.  When she was moping to Tammy Flue about Ollie, instead of telling her the truth - that Ollie was grossed out  by how she was thinking of EJ while giving him a physical, she turned it back on Ollie and told Tammy that Ollie couldn't "handle" her past times with EJ.  She's the lyingest lying Liar at her home address, and that's saying something, having Polly Pureheart for an egg donor.

I see that wardrobe sent Jenn's Bozo outfit to the cleaners, since Jenn was back in her Polly Pureheart outfit today.  Plus, it looks like they got someone to do her makeup instead of relying on that old set paint they had used last week.  She looks like a pre-menopausal Elvira Gulch BEFORE Toto pissed her off - a much better look.

But the utter lameness that is Jenn was on full display today.  I know that Show enjoys hitting us over the head with the JENN GOOD mantra, but honestly, no court in the country would have found JJ or Paige guilty for murdering her and cremating her remains in Grandma Alice's muffin tin for that horrible pre-school "party" she threw for the young'uns.  Why they didn't use those Salem U. sweatshirts to stuff in her mouth is beyond me.  The only thing missing was Jenn pulling out the old ukelele and having a singalong of "The Old Folks at Home".  

And then she pops over to Eve's to drop off the check because NOW she thinks she and Eve need to act like "adults".  Funny how that thought didn't cross her mind last week when Eve stopped by the hospital.  

Oh, and if we viewers are at all unsure that Eve is the BIG BAD, then her teaming up with a prostitute - Eve's old profession, then we sure get it now.  I don't mind one bit - and will enjoy if in the unlikely event that the storyline is done well - that Eve is going to do some lousy stuff and probably alienate her daughter.  But I sure would enjoy it more if we could see more than a surface treatment of JENN GOOD EVE BAD.  

And here's a funny thing.......Eve could make me end up hating the character but that will NOT make me like Jenn.  

As for Abigail and her explanation to Ollie, all I can say is that if Ollie could make sense of that he's got a better brain than I do.  And Abigail is not only the lyingest lying Liar of Salem, she's also a huge fake.  Funny how she finds her constant sex dreams of EJ to be disgusting, yet she can't seem to get enough of them.

• Love 8

My computer got so upset with the Friday episode of DOOL that it up and committed suicide.  So I'm doing hunt and peck on this borrowed laptop until the new one gets here.

You all dissected Monday's show so well I've got nothing to add other than Abigail's big lying mouth in action once again.  When she was moping to Tammy Flue about Ollie, instead of telling her the truth - that Ollie was grossed out  by how she was thinking of EJ while giving him a physical, she turned it back on Ollie and told Tammy that Ollie couldn't "handle" her past times with EJ.  She's the lyingest lying Liar at her home address, and that's saying something, having Polly Pureheart for an egg donor.

As for Abigail and her explanation to Ollie, all I can say is that if Ollie could make sense of that he's got a better brain than I do.  And Abigail is not only the lyingest lying Liar of Salem, she's also a huge fake.  Funny how she finds her constant sex dreams of EJ to be disgusting, yet she can't seem to get enough of them.

My condolences, boes, for your loss.  I lost a netbook to that once.  It still hurts.

I am DYING at the fact that Abby has already fucked up her new relationship.  And it's because she can't stop being a horndog over the last man she was with.  Yeah, their affair was alllll E(vil)J's fault, uhuh.  Because little miss perfect is so awsomesauce and all the boys want to sample her milkshake (with a buy two, get the third free, coupon!), and ...I can't think of another sexual food reference...she is just helpless to stop it.  Anyway, I wish someone could get drunk and go on a truth-telling tour, because she needs to be told, and told hard. 

Wasn't Ben one of the first people to be understanding of Abby, and her love of hunting married men for sport?  Makes her explanation (lie) to Jordan that much grosser.  She's so not  loyal, and that's already coming back to bite Ben in the ass. 

Annabel -- RE: Eve & company, the big clock in Horton Square has been stopped permanently at 5PM, so they're all good. 

Edited by SwordQueen
  • Love 4

What TIME was it today? Hope and Aiden are dropping the kids off at school, Paige and JJ are done with their first day of classes and Eve and the hooker are drinking wine.

Plus there were late afternoon shadows on Sami's face when she was looking out the window at the DiMausoleum.

I guess St. Luke's is on an evening school schedule.

And of course Ciara wants to be a wicked stepsister.  I loved Chase's reaction to that announcement.  :)

Edited by Rick Kitchen
  • Love 1

And speaking of, if they have T continue to sing Abby's praises, he, too, will get an eye full of my side-eye.

I think T keeps saying nice things about Abby because he wants to have sex with her. I'm not sure why, though. She's alright looking but she's crazy and he's single so she wouldn't be interested anyway.

I think T keeps saying nice things about Abby because he wants to have sex with her. I'm not sure why, though. She's alright looking but she's crazy and he's single so she wouldn't be interested anyway.

Man, I didn't know T was that desperate--what sane man would want Abby after being outed as EJ's piece on the side?

And now we know why Kayla was so uncaring of the Ejabby affair--I can't believe she actually told Hope that she and Aiden should be together because Bo's not around.  So she's not concerned about her brother's getting hurt or that it's a betrayal of their relationship?  I mean, if Hope wants to move on, she needs to clear up the first relationship first.  

• Love 3

Yeah Kayla's stance should be more I support you moving on with your life, but you should end things with Bo first.  Yes, Bo is "deep undercover" but she has enough connections to get in touch with him is she needs to.

I fully support Hope moving on, but she should be filing for divorce to keep things clean.  She went through this with Patrick and even that was even messier because there was confusion if Patrick was Ciara's father.

• Love 1

I never watched this show when Jack was on but I find myself deeply offended whenever I see Daniel playing 'father figure' to JJ. And I also think that JJ is in for a world of hurt if Daniel the Ever-Holy is the one dispensing advice on how to live.

• Love 3

I never watched this show when Jack was on but I find myself deeply offended whenever I see Daniel playing 'father figure' to JJ. And I also think that JJ is in for a world of hurt if Daniel the Ever-Holy is the one dispensing advice on how to live.

I agree.  Daniel on the surface isn't a bad guy, but he has made horrible mistakes when it comes to women and relationships.  Hell if Jennifer can get past Daniel screwing over her brother than I guess JJ can care less about Uncle Lucas.  Not to mention that Daniel was with Kate and Chelsea, you would think that would of gave Jennifer pause before her endless back and forth with him.

If JJ needs to be counseled why not give Lucas the air time since he is JJ's uncle, in town, and a Horton. 

• Love 2

Dan not wanting Jenn to be around Parker but he can be around JJ is very hypocritical of him, but what else is new. It's nice that he's the run to doctor for Kayla, she can't even trust her own instincts or go to another doctor. Dan is just the only one, cause he's a one man wrecking crew, he can save lives, the go to doctor, counselor, catch criminals, most of the women in Salem have a crush on him, what is it this man can't do?

Not cool Kate to leave Sami high and dry like that, but Sami also has to realize that a man is not a key to happiness. Some people think having a relationship just solves everything when really it doesn't. It's more stress.

Mary Beth is so annoying it's OK for her to talk to JJ any kind of way but JJ can't dish it right back to her. He gets harped on by Paige for being rude, but Paige continues to be friends with MB and let her talk about her boyfriend any kind of way. Girl bye.

Hope & Aiden. Yawn again. Frownie Face is the best nickname for Hope cause that's all she seems to do.

• Love 3

Daniel doesn't want to confuse Parker, which is a surprisingly good parenting move on his part. JJ's an adult and presumably is able to understand things better than Parker can. Presumably.

I'm with Kate on this one. If Sami's going to cave after a few cutesy phone conversations and emails between EJ and the kids and a few pronouncements of his undying love, she's a liability. If Kate needs help in her plan, she needs to get it from Victor. He won't let sentimental bullshit get in the way of a good revenge plot, even with Maggie nagging him.

• Love 3

Dear Aiden, Dump Frowny Face and hook up with party girl Nicole.  You'll have more fun.

Speaking of which, did Nicole leave Aiden with the tab for her (at least) two glasses of wine while he was drinking water (without ice cubes)?

Paige is too much work.  JJ could probably have Mary Beth, unless she's more into Paige.

• Love 9

Sami said that she doesn't want to end up like Kate, who she thinks is bitter and without a man. That's the impression I got, that Sami doesn't want to be alone and bitter.

That's the impression I got. It's so off base, too, since Kate's never been shown to be desperate for a man until that weird left turn with Rafe. Sami, on the other hand, spent her first decade plus on the show doing one pathetic thing after another to get or hold on to a guy. I think she's projecting a little too much.

And I give Kate credit for not slapping the eyeliner off of Sami's face for saying it, not once, but twice. 

Edited by shesajar

This story can still be salvage by:

1) It's shown that Kate and Sami are once again pretending to be fighting, but they are still working together; or

2) Kate just admits she wants Sami for herself, Sami divorces EJ, and Sami/Kate get married.

• Love 4

This story can still be salvage by:

1) It's shown that Kate and Sami are once again pretending to be fighting, but they are still working together; or

Yeah, I'm still not convinced that Sami's apparent softening towards EJ is sincere. She's worried about Stefano, so she wants EJ on her side. The stuff the prior week pretty well pointed to her playing him - when she learned his price for helping was lunch with her, she insisted that they go out for lunch when he wanted to stay in, and wouldn't let him chase off the people who were looking at her, which told me that the whole thing was about being seen in public as a way to counteract the article. And he wanted to talk about their relationship over lunch, but she wouldn't and kept him distracted with talk about their children instead. And she kept checking her phone for some reason, and her explanation for that wasn't convincing.

This week she's seemed more sincere, but - the supposed "turning point" doesn't make sense. So she found out that he did something to protect her from Stefano? That's what she expected and had been counting on all along. She'd been telling Kate just a few minutes earlier that EJ wouldn't let Stefano hurt her. So why would she be impressed or surprised or moved to forgiveness by the fact that what she predicted would happen, happened? But in that context, it sure makes sense to throw him a bone, just like she did with the lunch, so that he'll continue to be motivated to help her.

I do think she meant every word she said to him about how his affair made her feel sick and empty...and Samantha Eugene Brady does not forgive that sort of hurt easily or quickly.

Yes, he hurt her, but as he said yesterday, he's taking full blame and responsibility for it.  He messed up, he screwed up and he's intent on spending the rest of his life making up for it.

That's just sweet-talk because he's trying to get her to forgive him. He's sounded rather different with other people about the whole thing. Remember when he claimed to Sami that he was totally fine with losing the company, but scenes with Kate and Victor showed how pissed he was? He's not going to spend the rest of his life trying to make it up to Sami; it's all just words. Much like how Abby only ever sounds contrite about her affair with EJ when talking to people she knows are going to instantly handwave all that away and assure her she's wonderful, but comes across very differently when she's with Sami or EJ.

Edited by Black Knight
  • Love 2

it's all just words. Much like how Abby only ever sounds contrite about her affair with EJ when talking to people she knows are going to instantly handwave all that away and assure her she's wonderful, but comes across very differently when she's with Sami or EJ.

I wish to the Salem gods that Will, Sonny, Adrienne, Maggie and especially Jenn saw how little remorse Abby actually has for her role in the affair and how she loves to throw it in Sami's face that she's so much more cultured and sophisticated and that she's EJ's equal.  I wonder if their opinion of Abs would change?

And now we've got Will trying to sneasel his way back to his mom.  So how'd that whole payback thing go dear?  Your mom looks like she's handling things just fine while you've alienated your entire family.  I guess you really taught Sami a lesson :)

• Love 5
And now we've got Will trying to sneasel his way back to his mom.  So how'd that whole payback thing go dear?  Your mom looks like she's handling things just fine while you've alienated your entire family.  I guess you really taught Sami a lesson :)

That reminds me of how amused I was when Will and Zoe were negotiating and he insisted that one of the conditions be that he wouldn't write about his family again. Yeah, Sami's not the one who ended up being taught a lesson in that whole fiasco.

• Love 3

I just had the dubious pleasure of watching Tuesday's show - still behind but catching up quickly - and I have to say how happy I am to see that Salem has embraced the new Sharing Economy.  Just look at how easy it was for Eve to bag her own hooker to mess with JJ, and by doing so she gave work to a local girl without having to go through any middlemen.  Although, considering Eve's past, it was a slam dunk for her to find the right one so fast.  And not only Eve, but EJ also seems to be getting into the "support the local economy" thing with him deciding to go with Salem's newest arrival, Clyde, as his bag man.  I expect to see them both having coupons in the local weekly Advertiser.

Seeing Polly Pureheart getting served by Dirty Dan left me with conflicting emotions.  While I ALWAYS enjoy seeing Jenn's smile turn into a frown upside down, it was a bit of dirty pool for Dan to deny her access to Parker when he's still considering rehiring Jenn as his stable girl.  After watching Dan play fast and loose with any woman who came within reach of his stethoscope, I find it a little hard to believe in the pureness of his paternal concern.  Now, if he had said that she couldn't see Parker because Parker vomits copiously and continually everytime Jenn's name is mentioned, I'd have no complaints.  But either way, seeing Jenn's face crunch up like an apple doll left to molder in the corner of a dank basement just makes me feel so GOOD inside!

Somebody needs to free Aiden from that suit, and I nominate Nicole for the job.  He needs both a shower and a change of clothes STAT since they've had him wandering Salem in that same outfit for months now.  And Nicole would be fine, if only to give her something other than Eric to stalk about.  Lord knows it would give the good women of Salem - aka Hope, Jenn, Kayla - something new to squawk about.    BTW, any of you think Kayla's going to go tell her mother that she's pimping out Bo's wife to the new lawyer in town?  Nope, didn't think so.  That didn't seem in character to me, but then again they seem to have so little for Kayla to do other than swoon at the power of Dirty Dan's brain.  Why she's not swooning from his B.O. is beyond me.

I'm going to close my eyes and say NYAH NYAH NYAH at the top of my lungs each and every time it looks like Sami and Kate are splitting up so that EJ and Sami can get back together.  It may be inevitable that Sami and EJ do reunite, but I HATE the thought that it will be at the expense of the best relationship either woman has had in YEARS.  Hell, why they don't just take care of Stefano and EJ for good and poison Stefano's Metamucil and EJ's hair gel.

I do not care and will not care that Sneasel has a new job.  And I will not care about Sonny until he gets either a new storyline or a new boyfriend.  Sneasel can just keep making that pickle face until his face implodes and turns inside out.  Sneasel is starting to look like Chucky IMO.

Paige went down a few hundred points in my estimation yesterday, basically forcing JJ to put up with that snot MaryBeth.  And Rory went up a thousand by torturing MaryBeth with his goofy smile and constant questions.  Now THAT is a couple I could ship!  As long as "shipping" means putting MaryBeth in a box and shipping her off to Mongolia.  Paige, yesterday, acted a little too much like Jenn for my taste.  And that is never a good thing.

And NO ABIGAIL!  What a treat!  I guess she needed a day off so she could hang upside down in a cave and gorge on flies and bugs, to regain her strength so she can emerge and lie, manipulate, be passive-aggressive and perfect her victimhood.  For a second there I thought Ollie might have a chance of escaping, but he's enraptured once again by the chance to mate with another species.  Too bad he doesn't realize that after mating with Abigail, she'll rip his head off and eat it while the town applauds how PLUCKY she is.

I have another word for her, and it rhymes with PLUCKY.....I say that word at least once a scene when she's on....

• Love 5

Sami said that she doesn't want to end up like Kate, who she thinks is bitter and without a man. That's the impression I got, that Sami doesn't want to be alone and bitter.

Sami needs to stop thinking like she's 14. Kate knows that the best way to have a man is on speed dial for booty calls and not living in her lovely, pristine home.

• Love 4

Sami needs to stop thinking like she's 14. Kate knows that the best way to have a man is on speed dial for booty calls and not living in her lovely, pristine home.

Her aunts Hope and Kayla were acting like 14 years old girls gossiping about the new boy in class.

• Love 3
Sneasel is starting to look like Chucky IMO.

That's impossible. Chucky has way more personality...

Kate knows that the best way to have a man is on speed dial for booty calls and not living in her lovely, pristine home.

Well, that's not really clear - we know Kate wants Rafe back, we don't know exactly what shape she envisions her desired future relationship with him taking. I'd like to think she knows he's too dumb to be anything other than a booty call, but I don't see her spending all this time and effort just to get him back on her speed dial for booty calls, however pretty he is. The woman looks amazing and is rich; she can find a pretty boytoy without much trouble.

Edited by Black Knight
  • Love 3

Thank you Sami for telling Will that he has to take the whole package and not parts that he likes. Then he turns around and says that he's not gonna like some of the things that she does. Sami already said that during her talk with Will as she told him that she does things that he doesn't agree with. It seems that Will only has selective hearing. He's such a tool.

Is it me or did Abby look like she didn't want to go with Ben after he told her he was off from work. Her reaction and facial expressions were like, ummm do I say yes. Once again they're boring as always with Ben not wanting to talk about his past once again. So what they have isn't "real" since Ben is still keeping things.

Oh Theresa don't give yourself away when it comes to Kristen and let her know that you knocked Yawn out. We can't have Kristen get any smug than she already is.

• Love 2

I did love the conversation between EJ and Sami where she told him that she knew Rafe couldn't have found the evidence against Stephano on his own.  What was funny was that she was trying to be nice about and clearly thought Rafe wasn't smart enough.

• Love 2

T and Rory are such cuties. I love it when they show up, being all cute and funny, and cute some more.   How come my two favorite guys on this show are never on? 

Drunk!Nicole, oh, how I've missed you!  Please stay for another round, or two.   Make fun of Mar and Jen Jen, next!

These are the only things that made me happy so far this week.  But, I'll take it!

• Love 3

Shut up, you sneasel, you are not your mother's son.  Sami is actually capable of fighting her own battles.

If only that drug would keep John in a coma, and put Daniel in one to, then I would consider it a miracle drug.

How is EJ whipped?  He's been lying to Sami for months, he cheated on her, and now the idiot writers have dumbed Sami down to the point that she is going to forgive EJ again.

Also, what has doing things the Dimera way gotten either EJ, Kristen, or any of Stefano's other children (most of whom are dead)?

• Love 2

Does Marlena know that Abigail pursued Austin? I figured she'd at least be offended by that because of Carrie...

Meanwhile, shouldn't Marlena be counselling Eric over not getting the chance to testify against his rapist because his mother asked him not to? Instead, she's talking about what Abigail is going through.

Truly outrageous. Maybe there are Jem auditions in town?

• Love 2

That's the impression I got. It's so off base, too, since Kate's never been shown to be desperate for a man until that weird left turn with Rafe. Sami, on the other hand, spent her first decade plus on the show doing one pathetic thing after another to get or hold on to a guy. I think she's projecting a little too much.

And I give Kate credit for not slapping the eyeliner off of Sami's face for saying it, not once, but twice. 

I think Kate does have a history of being quite desperate (and maybe even more desperate than Sami) but that desperation is probably masked by a cool veneer.

Kate was pretty desperate for Daniel at some point. I vaguely remember him being held hostage by her.  I think she even wound up confessing to trying to frame Daniel for killing Chloe with brownies (?) simply because he promised to start up their relationship again.  Her stupidity landed her in hot water since Daniel had taped the confession! Isn't that how she wound up married to Stephano? He promised to protect her in exchange for marriage? I don't think  the Daniel saga was a high point in Kate's history. I think she claimed to be angry about Chloe cheating on Lucas, but  that she was willing to give up a confession to him just so she could get him  back seemed to suggest that her plotting was also not being able to have him. Then again, any storyline involving Daniel generally seems to wind up making the woman look desperate for some reason.

I'd like to believe the Rafe stupidity is about boredom, but it's not unprecedented for Kate to scheme for  a man.

Sami schemed for one guy in Austin since her affection/love used to stay pretty constant, but I think Kate has schemed for multiple men. Lately, Sami's schemes have been more about protecting her son. Why she bothers, I'm not sure though.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

Well, my friends, these WERE the Good Old Days, soon to end with them pushing the ReFart Button on Jawn.  What a blessed silence it has been to not have to listen to him drawl out "Kiiiiiiiiiddddddd", with his head thrown back, eyes narrowed, losing his sphincter control.  Soon the Salem air will be full of the sound - and smell - of Basic Black Jawn and his own brand of senile wisdom.  UNLESS.....unless....this drug of Kirsten's gives the old fart amnesia.  PLEASE.

I am not a Kristen fan, generally speaking.  A little of the crazy goes a long way with me.  But she was delightful today, taunting Mar in Horton Square.   She almost got a facial reaction out of her and that borders on miraculous.  Her going toe-to-toe with EJ was much LESS enjoyable, since no matter how much of a crud EJ is, at least he's not batshit crazy.  One thing I don't understand is why EJ, who places such importance on genetic family links treats Kristen so well when she's not really his kid, but really IS a major liability.  

Sami was very reasonable, very level when she was talking to Sneasel.  I didn't expect her to treat that bivalve badly since he is her kid, but I was glad that she told him how it was, how SHE was, and what relating to her means.  I'd have been happier if she'd just grabbed a can of Raid and sprayed him with it, but Sami won't do that to her kid - or housepet, or houseplant, whatever Sneasel really is.  Sami reconciling with Sneasel, as odious as it is, is less infuriating than her getting back with EJ so quickly.  But then I'm not completely sold on Sami really forgiving EJ, at least not yet.

And more barware beats the dust, with Theresa dropping her vodka hearing the news from Kristen.  Didn't somebody throw a glass at the DiMera Mausoleum the other day, too?  You'd swear Sonny Corinthos lived in Salem with all the broken and thrown stemware.

• Love 7
Thank you Sami for telling Will that he has to take the whole package and not parts that he likes. Then he turns around and says that he's not gonna like some of the things that she does. Sami already said that during her talk with Will as she told him that she does things that he doesn't agree with. It seems that Will only has selective hearing. He's such a tool.

Glad to see someone else noticed that too. Sami just got done telling him that he doesn't have to agree with or like all of her decisions, and then he tells her she can't expect him to like everything she does. And he wants to be a journalist? Journalists kind of need to be able to listen to what people are saying.

I also rolled my eyes at his example of the woman Sami "used to be" versus who she is right now. His anecdote was about her threatening a kid for bullying her son - what, exactly, is so very different between that and her lashing out at Abby and EJ? Sami pointed the commonality out herself right away - when someone hurts her or someone she loves, she hurts them back. She's who she's always been.

How is EJ whipped?  He's been lying to Sami for months, he cheated on her, and now the idiot writers have dumbed Sami down to the point that she is going to forgive EJ again.

No, I really think Kristen was right, and I cackled when she was talking to EJ. Having just watched the last two episodes, I'm convinced that Sami is playing EJ yet again and the fucker is too dumb and arrogant to realize it. Kristen has cottoned on immediately to what Sami's doing, but he wouldn't listen to her today. That's right, EJ! You just keep being dumb and arrogant! It really is hilarious when it's all laid out as Kristen did for EJ: Sami has had EJ set up, arrested, taken his company, and yet he is fighting his family for her because he is convinced that he's five seconds away from getting her to reconcile with him. Sami is leading him around by the nose, and this is after he already knows that she pulled one massive scam on him. Yup, I would call that whipped. Bwahahahahaha.

I think the clues are there in the scenes - the Kami scenes, for instance. They know that EJ eavesdrops on them. He didn't happen to be eavesdropping this particular time, because he was on the phone, but they didn't know that; what they knew was that he was right out in the hall and very well could be. Looking at the Kami conversation yesterday, what really struck me is that Kate didn't have the reaction she would normally have to Sami's various comments about not wanting to end up like Kate, alone and bitter, etc. Usually she rears up, takes offense and bites back...just look at earlier when Sami lied that Stefano called Kate a broken-down whore, but here Kate let it roll right off. Why? Because this all comes in handy for convincing EJ that Sami is going back to him and not listening to Kate, should EJ be listening in. And then today, even though Kate had exited stage left with a pronouncement that it was every woman for herself, Sami not only included Kate as someone for EJ to protect against his father, she listed Kate first and then herself as more of an afterthought. Because Sami's always maintained (with good reason) that Kate's in more danger on account of not having a biological tie to the DiMeras. Supposedly Kate "broke up" with her when she made the every woman for herself comment, but if that were real, Sami wouldn't be bothering to mention Kate to EJ.

And then finally, just look at Sami's face when she's turned away from EJ and he's pawing her - her expression is just short of open disgust.

This is a long game where Kami use EJ to protect them against Stefano, and once Stefano is neutralized, Sami will get rid of EJ again. Kristen laid it out for her dumb brother today, but thank god he didn't listen to her. Kristen is crazy, but she happens to be right. The stupid fuck is alienating his relatives for a woman who plans to destroy him.

Edited by Black Knight
  • Love 4