Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

EJ threw a fit about Nicole/Brady, and then proceeded to cheat on Nicole with Taylor after telling Nicole she had to end things with Brady if they were going to get married again.

EJ was also jealous of Rafe/Sami when he was still married to Nicole before the baby switch was revealed.

EJ was jealous of Lucas when Lucas got out of prison, and Sami wanted to reunite with Lucas even though Sami had told EJ over and over again she was in love with Lucas, and EJ had decided to start dating Nicole.

Clearly, EJ is one of those double standard guys who thinks it's fine for him to cheat, but has a melt down when the shoe is on the other foot.

When EJ has no claim on Sami whatsoever, when they have not been in a relationship, EJ still thinks he has the right to dictate to Sami who she is involved with.

I'm just tired of Sami's exit SL being wasted on EJ, and the boring twit.  After over 22 years on the show AS deserved a better exit, but so did Bo, Steve, and Jack.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 3

Sami initiated the friendship, by asking for tutoring, but she didn't force her.  And since Abigail couldn't get it together to get a pregnancy test, Sami took charge.  Someone had to, and it was kind in my book.  At any point, Abigail could have said no.  It's not that hard.

• Love 4

I do think Sami was being nice to Abby during the pregnancy thing, but Abby never gave Sami the impression that they were friends. Sami makes it sound as if they were having slumber parties and braiding each others' hair when it really just amounted to Sami constantly, and weirdly, approaching Abby and Abby sitting around looking constipated when they were together. Of course, Sami's had such few friends that I suppose she wouldn't notice that sort of thing.  I just think it's dumb on Sami's part or lazy writing to say that they were ever friends. 

The pregnancy test thing didn't strike me as being all that weird. The only time anyone on this show takes a home pregnancy test is when the plot calls for it to fall out of her purse.

• Love 1

I thought Abigail's failure to take the home pregnancy test was weird in the sense that she wanted to talk to EJ about what to do with the baby's future, but they weren't sure yet if the baby was actually real. I guess my anxiety would overtake me and I'd be running off to the bathroom to find out that I'm free -- not trying to talk about how I should raise a baby that we're not sure  has actually been created. Once Sami started offering advice, that  at least, if nothing else, would have been the catalyst for me to go off to the drug store, because going to a drug store is I'm sure much less awkward than having to talk about my baby by her fiance!!!! Or I would suck it up and go talk to my mother, no matter how judgmental, because it just seems all kinds of wrong to talk to the guy's fiancee about this pregnancy scare.

While Sami and Abigail did not have a close friendship, I do think a certain intimacy forms when you get counsel from someone about something. And in this case, I would have been EXTREMELY uncomfortable to get advice from Sami about her fiance's baby by...uh..."me."  Any normal person would feel odd about this. Then again, Abigail didn't seem to find it strange or ironic to get advice from Carrie on how to get Austin to be attracted to her, so Abigail does seem to be a whole other level of dumb (dumb in the sense that she views herself as a good person. If she were an actual bad girl whose aim and goal in life is to manipulate, her plan, while morally reprehensible, would have at least seemed less stupid).

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

Sami was the one who called Jennifer to come to the hospital to be with Abby when Chad was shot.  Sami also talked to Abby when she found out Chad had lied to Cameron about his brain tumor.  Abby was also babysitting Sami's children before Sami got together with EJ.  I think Sami believed they were becoming friends because Abby didn't rebuff any of Sami's overtures.  However, even if Sami didn't consider Abby a friend, I don't think her reaction to EJ cheating with their children's babysitter would have been different.  Sami's main target was EJ.  After confronting Abby, and having Kayla enforce hospital policy, Sami wasn't planning on doing anything else to Abby.  She taunted a few people when they picked a fight with her about what she might do, but she never did anything else.  Will writing the article did more damage to Abby, and it also caused problems with Kate and Sami's plans for EJ and Stefano.  Sami's plan for EJ was to send him to prison, ruin his personal finances, take over his company, and marry him under false pretenses.

I really wish Kate and Sami were going to destroy the Dimeras for good.  JM has health problems and can't be on that much anymore so this could be Stefano's swan song.  Kristen and EJ are incompetent, and can't get anything done without Daddy Stefano's help so kill them or send them to prison.  It's no wonder Stefano mourned when Andre died.  He was a psycho that Stefano had lost control of, but Andre got things done.

• Love 2

(and Will feeling sorry for himself but not realizing that maybe even Brady has more brains than him)

This. made me laugh. Are there any smart men on this show? Eric and Rafe also seem to be a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

Edited by annabel
  • Love 2
Are there any smart men on this show?

Victor! Granted, his taste in women leaves something to be desired. (I just can't with Maggie. That hilariously out of date, high maintenance, wife-of-a-TV-evangelist hair and makeup, the fact that she's so grossly judgmental while proclaiming otherwise, the way she disapproves of pretty much every aspect of her husband and seems to feel she did him quite the favor by deigning to marry him...etc.)  

Otherwise, though, the male characters are astoundingly and infuriatingly dumb. Brady might be literally one of the dumbest characters I've ever seen on TV and, frighteningly enough, I don't think the writers intentionally depict him that way! Of course, the gap between what the writers seem to intend and what I usually see is alarmingly wide... 

Edited by amensisterfriend
  • Love 2

Very few of the younger people on this show are interesting without their parents around. I don't know what the character of Will is going to do when Sami is gone. Having Sami around gave him an excuse to act like a turdburger -- but without her presence on the show, there's not really much explanation for why he acts the way that he does.

Maybe Abigail's behavior would be more understandable if Jack was around, although I remember getting irritated with her when she'd start yelling at him. Well, okay, I still probably wouldn't find Abigail interesting, but an interaction between Jack and EJ might bring some drama that this show appears to be lacking.

Edited by bantering

Most of the men are blithering idiots, and Brady, EJ, Eric, Rafe, Will, etc. keep getting dumber by the day.  Not only do the writers not seem to realize what morons all these guys are, but they regularly blame the women for what the men do.  They don't seem to realize it is 2014, not the dark ages.

At this point, the younger generation should be able to stand on their own in SLs, and they aren't.  Sure who their parents are, and their interaction with them should form part of their character, but that shouldn't be their sole SL or defining characteristic.

I wish Sonny would ditch Will because I think he could easily handle his own SL, Will is a selfish jerk who doesn't deserve everything Sonny has done for him, and I'm tired of Sonny being weighed down by Will and his whining.

If they are going to send Stefano out with a bang, they should figure out a way to do it with this SL with Kate and Sami.  The longer Stefano is on the show, yet absent, while people have one sided phone conversations with him, the weaker Stefano looks.  It would also be a nice nod to history if EJ or Kristen or both died, since that is what happens to all of Stefano's children.

• Love 3

Will and Abigail look pathetic when 8 year old Ciara (or however old she is) seems more interesting than they are.

Johnny also seems interesting to me as a "son of Sami" case study, which is weird when you consider how much younger than Will he is.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

Abby wasn't pretending to be Sami's friend so much as Sami was strong arming her into being her friend. Even before Sami knew what was going on, she, for lack of a better word, pursued Abby. It made no sense at all, but Sami kept inserting herself into Abby's life. Abby should have tried harder to get out of those situations, yes, but I don't think that their situation even vaguely resembled a friendship. If Abby were seeking out Sami for advice and consolation over the pregnancy scare, I'd judge her more harshly. As it was, she only confided because Sami nagged it out of her.

I can't agree with this. At the time Abby seemed to have a weird interest in Sami and seemed to want to attach herself into Sami's life. During this KM was giving interviews where she described herself as Sami's best friend and said how difficult the affair was because she cared so much about Sami (this was in SOD).

• Love 2

KM is such a troll, there's no way that Abby cared for Sami when she was flinging her legs in the air for EJ and like a true stalker looked at EJ and Sami's schedules so that she can continue on with the affair. Also smiling and grinning in Sami's face and hanging out with her children all the while sleeping with her fiance. That's not caring, that's just being a manipulative person. KM needs to learn how to give interviews without sounding stupid.

• Love 4

KM is such a troll, there's no way that Abby cared for Sami when she was flinging her legs in the air for EJ and like a true stalker looked at EJ and Sami's schedules so that she can continue on with the affair. Also smiling and grinning in Sami's face and hanging out with her children all the while sleeping with her fiance. That's not caring, that's just being a manipulative person. KM needs to learn how to give interviews without sounding stupid.

That's what confused me. I first wondered ok, I'm supposed to take this at face value and so her actions are authentic and she might actually care about Sami and her kids so how does that explain her reconciling her shady actions behind her back? With friends like that, who needs friends? (TM - Dirk in Rushmore). But obviously the character is nuts or something because she fixed her mouth to say so much trash about her "best friend" in that pals home and the home of the children and assault her. Abby also assaulted Eve. This lady has a problem.

She really got off light in this since Sami is batshit crazy and EJ is a lowlife asshole and Eve is a grown ass woman. Going around stalking and slapping I'm surprised this weirdo hasn't ended up with a kiss from a fist yet.

• Love 4

I seem to recall Abby assaulting someone else, Nicole?  The difference this time is she didn't do it in front of witnesses.

The problem with all of this is everyone is feeling sorry for Abigail, but she is being quite the bitch.  She should be laying low and not drawing any attention to herself in the hopes this will all blow over.  But here she is attacking Sami, and there she is attacking Eve, and there she is throwing herself at Ben.  Her anger toward Will is completely justified, especially when he said he was trying to call her to warn her.  She rightly pointed out that wouldn't have helped much since the story was going to run anyways.  But her other behaviour is a bit odd for someone who has just had their scandalous behaviour exposed.

And Jennifer with her strident attacks on Eve and Theresa is just begging for more trouble.  If this is what strong and smart looks like I would rather be weak and stupid.  She has no savvy whatsoever.

Abby was never that likeable to begin with from my perspective but now they have just made her completely unlikeable.  And while Will is an idiot for writing the expose considering his own dark past, it is funny that people are more upset with him than to find out that Abby screwed EJ.  

Will have never been terribly stable, or smart, so it seems he will continue to make bad choices.  

• Love 3

Will have never been terribly stable, or smart, so it seems he will continue to make bad choices.

I feel like Will has become much more stupid and unlikeable since GW took over the role. CM had good chemistry with his family but GW doesn't really seem like he cares about anyone or anything. It's like he's going through the motions.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 2

I think CM put a lot of thought into how interpret his character's history and relationship with Sami. I know he got criticized near the end for phoning it in, but somehow even the phoning it in never really seemed terrible to me because he had an actual interpretive handle on his character. Even on his last day on the show I could understand why he had issues with the way Sami handles things.

I think GW just acts out what the script offers to him that day whereas CM seemed to have in his mind an overall arc and transformation of his character.

Strangely, I do think KM has put in some thought about why Abigail acts the way that she does, but maybe she's just not talented to play out what she has fathomed in her mind? (For instance, I've never thought of Abigail in the KM era as having a "pure heart" or being so innocent and naive that she has no idea how birth control works.  Maybe she had an innocent, pure heart when that little girl was playing Abigail, but I think that ship sailed when Abigail showed up in bad-girl make-up to ask Jennifer to get a sexual medical examination from Dr. Dan. I think KM probably should have gotten a clue about Abigail's character  -- or lack of it -- when she showed up in  married Austin's couch in her underpants.).  Or maybe she's giving interviews about how she wished the storyline had gone rather than what actually appeared on screen? Her interpretation of a young girl mistakenly in love with the wrong man would probably seem more appealing to her than the Fatal Attraction route, which always looks terrible on this show.  I think her interpretation  -- as she had conceived of things in her mind rather than what showed up on scree in actuality -- could have worked out fine enough..uh....if that's what had actually been written into the script, or alternatively, if she could actually do a facial expression that didn't look  like that of a nutcase (I'm not sure who gets the blame for the discontinuities). If I wasn't watching the show, I'd probably think that what she was talking about had storyline potential, but unfortunately Abigail never acts the way KM is describing. The only other explanation I have is that the writers told her that's how the storyline was going to evolve, but they lied, and she only realized after the scenes aired that they had lied. Maybe the scenes are edited differently than how the storylines are described to them. Yeah, I've spent some time thinking about this...

I think the actor who plays Sonny has some nice endearing qualities about him, but unfortunately he's stuck with this current version of Will who seems like a real pill.

Edited by bantering

Well I just feel sorry for Sonny. He really is a nice guy and he isn't stupid like Eric or Brady, he's just stuck with an awful husband. I'm waiting on writers to write a Sonny focused story and quit with FS playing second fiddle and supporting character to Will's nonsense.

I do have a question though, why does Days keep having Will & Sonny kiss all the time? I mean it's like after every sentence and compliment they have to kiss. Don't get me wrong I don't care if it's a romantic scene or out on a date or one is about to head off to work and you kiss your spouse goodbye, but they have Will and Sonny do this constantly even when it's not necessary to the scene that's being played. They don't make their straight couples do this just Will and Sonny. I think everyone gets it Days is gay friendly. You guys notice this or is it just me? I mean cause if everyone kisses after a compliment Dan and Abby's lips would be working extra overtime.

Sami better do this to Abby before leaving Salem and that's all I got to say.

carrie-slaps-abby-o.gif

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 10

Strangely, I do think KM has put in some thought about why Abigail acts the way that she does, but maybe she's just not talented to play out what she has fathomed in her mind? (For instance, I've never thought of Abigail in the KM era as having a "pure heart" or being so innocent and naive that she has no idea how birth control works.  Maybe she had an innocent, pure heart when that little girl was playing Abigail, but I think that ship sailed when Abigail showed up in bad-girl make-up to ask Jennifer to get a sexual medical examination from Dr. Dan. I think KM probably should have gotten a clue about Abigail's character  -- or lack of it -- when she showed up in  married Austin's couch in her underpants.).  Or maybe she's giving interviews about how she wished the storyline had gone rather than what actually appeared on screen? Her interpretation of a young girl mistakenly in love with the wrong man would probably seem more appealing to her than the Fatal Attraction route, which always looks terrible on this show.  I think her interpretation  -- as she had conceived of things in her mind rather than what showed up on scree in actuality -- could have worked out fine enough..uh....if that's what had actually been written into the script, or alternatively, if she could actually do a facial expression that didn't look  like that of a nutcase (I'm not sure who gets the blame for the discontinuities). If I wasn't watching the show, I'd probably think that what she was talking about had storyline potential, but unfortunately Abigail never acts the way KM is describing. The only other explanation I have is that the writers told her that's how the storyline was going to evolve, but they lied, and she only realized after the scenes aired that they had lied. Maybe the scenes are edited differently than how the storylines are described to them. Yeah, I've spent some time thinking about this...

I honestly think you're giving KM way too much credit for being a normal, intelligent, thoughtful person.  I normally don't dislike an actor personally unless they spew discriminatory or hateful political beliefs, but I really dislike this girl.  I think she believes every single word of her own hype and was probably raised to think her shit smells like hot apple pie.  Pretty much the same reason I can't stand Bieber but he isn't on my show every damned day.  Yes, that's how I really feel.

NuWill is a casting disaster yet they must have renewed his contract. A better actor?  My ass is a better actor.

Thanks for the GIF!  I really need a screenshot of Sami's forearm on Abs' neck the other day, to go with it.  I honestly haven't spent the time to learn how to do it, but I thought about it.

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 1

Well I just feel sorry for Sonny. He really is a nice guy and he isn't stupid like Eric or Brady, he's just stuck with an awful husband. I'm waiting on writers to write a Sonny focused story and quit with FS playing second fiddle and supporting character to Will's nonsense.

I do have a question though, why does Days keep having Will & Sonny kiss all the time? I mean it's like after every sentence and compliment they have to kiss. Don't get me wrong I don't care if it's a romantic scene or out on a date or one is about to head off to work and you kiss your spouse goodbye, but they have Will and Sonny do this constantly even when it's not necessary to the scene that's being played. They don't make their straight couples do this just Will and Sonny. I think everyone gets it Days is gay friendly. You guys notice this or is it just me? I mean cause if everyone kisses after a compliment Dan and Abby's lips would be working extra overtime.

Because they don't have the balls to show them actually having sex.  They have never had a scene like EJ and Sami rolling around in bed together.  It would blow the minds of the bigots who always object to the very thought of a gay couple.

I think they've been really great about showing the sex.  In fact, when Sonny questioned Will about the article they got distracted into the afternoon delight.  As cute as it is, I agree they don't have to kiss in every scene to prove a point.

Thank you!

I keep checking under the bed to make sure Creepy Clyde isn't lurking on me.  He actually made it into a bad dream.  He made me like Rafe the other day for blowing him off.

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 1

Ho is not appropriate language for this board guys, just a reminder.

Nor should whore-bitch be. I think Abigail is just treacherous as well but do we really need to be name-calling the actress? She's not a troll, she's a woman doing her job, granted her job sucks but I don't know that we know enough about her to be hurling names at her, it really kills the snarky fun and makes things seem quite ugly.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 2

Nor should whore-bitch be. I think Abigail is just treacherous as well but do we really need to be name-calling the actress? She's not a troll, she's a woman doing her job, granted her job sucks but I don't know that we know enough about her to be hurling names at her, it really kills the snarky fun and makes things seem quite ugly.

Have I missed a comment? If you see something please report it. I haven't seen that one lately. 

The "glorified barista" comment was addressed by Will. Sonny said no worries, since I called you a whiny-ass baby who wrote a mean-spirited article for attention and to hurt his mommy (I may be paraphrasing). Will said yeah but, the difference is what you said is true! It was actually kind of a cute moment. I didn't hate Will or GW today as much as I normally do.

Will Theresa wind up pregnant?

God, you're probably right. Curious to see how much alcohol she consumes before she realizes.

If Theresa would go to AA and stop drugs, maybe Brady wouldn't have been avoiding her.  I do like them together.  And I was oddly pleased that they had sex in a real bed today instead of on a couch.  And they looked like they actually were having sex.  When EJ and Sami are in bed they just roll around in a way that I think is supposed to look like they are having wild sex, but looks to me like they are having a tickle fight.

• Love 4

No one seems to be talking about today's episode. Was it that bad?

Well, Nicole continues to humiliate herself, while trying get Eric to forget what a lying traitorous loser she is.

And Kristen had a confrontation with Brady, during which I became worried about whether he was going to screw her, but then instead he screwed Theresa.

And then Kristen had a confrontation with Mar, but it was interrupted by the ISIS news, so I don't know exactly what happened but it had to do with John.

And Dan is still mighty pissed at Nicole, and in other news, he is trying help Paige.

• Love 2

Nothing much happened between Mar and Kirsten, Mar just threatened to kill her if she came close to John.  Kayla and Daniel talked about an email that is going to "change everything" but we don't know what it says, presumably about John, I guess.

And in other news, Anne still rocks her wardrobe.

• Love 1

Brady and Teresa are the only couple in recent memory I can think of that didn't get some weird music playing in the background when they were doing it. I guess they got "dangerous" music but at least someone wasn't moaning strangely in the background or singing about dreaming.

• Love 1

I loved watching Kristen manipulate Brady. She so crazy. "I know I made a lot of mistakes." Ha!

The look on her face when Marlena knocked was fantastic.

Brady is dumb and low. And apparently his pecs are his erogenous zone. I feel bad for Theresa, even though she is her own worst enemy.

Sonny knows how to give an apology. Will knows how to accept one. Maybe we only see them kissing because they are the only happy adult couple on the show. Wow, a mature conversation between a couple. The writers can do something right; they really should not reveal that.

Dr. Dan has Jen levels of entitlement.

Nicole being pathetic--how original. What did I say about the writers being able to do something right?

What will Kristen get in exchange for her super secret admirers elixir of brain health?

• Love 2

Going a bit off topic here but to my soap vet knowledge, the only time we've ever seen a full out pulling each others clothes off, rolling around in a bed making love scene between two guys was Oliver and Kyle on OLTL. Less than a year later, they were written out of the show. It's too bad because they had tons of potential for story lines with Oliver being a cop and Kyle a doctor.

Will and Sonny are a great sign on how far things have come, especially when you compare them to Luke and Noah on ATWT. Those two didn't even have sex for over a year (and then it was off camera). Hell, I was one of fans emailing the show just begging them to let them kiss!!

At least WilSon are being treated like a real couple. Now they just need to give Sonny a real story and give Freddie his much earned chance to shine......

Edited by madhacker
  • Love 5

I don't like  Nicole's stupid plans, but at the same time I don't really get why she loves Eric either (which does not mean to suggest that I approve of anything she does). What I'm trying to say or maybe ask is why anybody would to listen to a guy criticize her all the time?  (even if some of the criticisms are true -- still, who wants to listen to them?) If he had any other charms, I might get it. But he doesn't.  Even if Eric was being nice, I feel that he'd still have the personality of my foot. Maybe my foot is more interesting.  Both Nicole and Eric are  boring in their current incarnations. I feel he needs to hash this all out in therapy, and maybe Nicole needs to find another town to live in where men aren't constantly giving her the stink-eye.

I feel Brady must not like Theresa that much since he's willing to put her in the line of Kristen's fire. Good luck to Theresa!

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

The only thing I can think of is that maybe Nicole appreciates that Eric at least isn't obsessed with another woman, after she wasted all those years on EJ who was always obsessed with Sami (and then developed a second interest in Nicole's own sister). At least Eric constantly criticizing her means his full attention is focused on her! Yay! She does have terrible self-esteem.

Having finally seen last week's episodes, I thought it pretty clear that Sami's just playing EJ again in order to get what she wants. He's such an idiot. But then, obsession does make one stupid.

• Love 2

I really liked Theresa and Anne today.  Those two, Eve, and Nicole all need to be friends.  Anything to get Nicole away from Eric (she's so pathetic, and he's so hateful and boring) and the other three away from Dr. Tan and Jennifer.  Bonus if they got to portray actual friends that have real conversations that don't involve how to snag the latest dumbass or the latest plan to make stupid Jen (even more) miserable.

Batshit crazy Kristen is already getting on my nerves.  It took longer for that to happen last time.

It was nice to see Kayla again, especially since she wasn't trotted out to prop Abby.  I wasn't really paying attention at the end, though -- did that email have something to do with the photos Kristen took of John's "brain" scans?

• Love 1

Nicole is just pathetic lnocking over papers twice in front of Eric so he knows that she's "leaving" when she really isn't . Eric has a brain cell after all figuring out what she was doing. IDK why she keeps manipulating that man, it's not going to make him want her. She's such an idiot.

Dan just hates when people don't think that he's perfect, when Nicole told him about himself. Anne shouldn't even think about bringing on Paige because it looks like Dan only does it so Jenn can see how perfect he is and how she's wrong about saying he's not perfect and it's just a little bit of nepotism because Paige sings Dan's praises. He woildnt do that if it was someone else.

JL can give KM lessons on how to bring tears to scenes. I read JL interview on the story with Brady and her interview skills are so much better and it seems accurate.

Mar was trying to make her face move but her face flat out refuses to do so.

• Love 1

Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention to the show today (I wasn't) but Eric had the most pissy face I've ever seen outside of a JenShriek and that scene went on forever.  I didn't see that she was trying to manipulate anyone and Eric should be embarrassed about that hissy fit he threw.  I found the statement about how she should leave town because nobody cares to be pretty brutal.  Same with the way Dan treated her.  Yes, the Nicole shame train has gone on much too long from the writers but underneath everything she just wants to be loved, and is a good actress who has done some great work.  Damn, it's like everyone in town just wants her to die and that makes me sad.

NuWill is dragging Sonny down as an actor.  It felt like he was reading a script. 

What is it with Brady reacting to anger over everything?  Seriously, this guy doesn't get out of bed unless he's angry about something.  And he pretty much gets into bed because he's angry about something.  Theresa deserves better.  I'm guessing Days didn't expect the awesome tears she gave us today. 

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 3