Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Is it wrong that when Hope frantically shouted, "She's (Ciara) not breathing!" I said "Good?"  I am not seeing the loads of sexual chemistry between Ciara and Ben that the rest of you are--yes, RSW is doing a hell of a job with Ben's unraveling psychosis but every time he interacts with Ciara, she just seems to default to petulance.

And Claire isn't much better but at least the "hyperventilating when upset" was established previously--she damn near fainted when she found out that Theo was shot, so "Yeah" for characterization?  Maybe?  The only people I'm rooting for in this weirdass storyline are Ben and Tripp--maybe they can have a wacky friendship instead of forced romances with Ciara and Claire?

Brady and Eve continue to be massively unpleasant and I wish all types of terrible things for them and I especially love that Eve gets to hear what a jealous little bitch Brady was to Nicole and Eric--Brady couldn't stand Nicole and Eric being happy together so he chose to ruin their future--this is the man you've chosen to forsake your sister for?  Their only redeeming quality is that I do believe they love Tate.  That's pretty much it.  

I do like that FS is playing Sonny as freaked out and remorseful as he is and this once again proves that he's not some would-be gangster but a decent guy who's made some extremely bad choices.  Paul is kind of losing me with the gloating regarding Will's choosing him over Sonny-doesn't he know karma's always listening?

• Love 11
38 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I do like that FS is playing Sonny as freaked out and remorseful as he is and this once again proves that he's not some would-be gangster but a decent guy who's made some extremely bad choices.  Paul is kind of losing me with the gloating regarding Will's choosing him over Sonny-doesn't he know karma's always listening?

I don't get this with Paul unless it was pettiness and bitterness for Sonny dumping him. Because 7 months ago, Paul was desperately in love with Sonny and share a life with him. I am supposed to believe that Paul's feelings have changed so completely that he is now in love with Will. Boring, smirking, flannel-plaid wearing Will? I guess but I would think Paul could do better than that.

• Love 9
(edited)

Justin: I'll be doing everything I can to make this Leo problem disappear.

Sonny (to himself): You're not the only one.

Me: Ugh.

Also...shut up, Eve.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
(edited)

Eve's hypocrisy is worse than Sami's or Nicole's. I'm not sure if Sami's and Nicole's hypocrisy was easier to take because we were attached to them as characters or because they weren't part of the older generation, where, er, a certain degree of maturity is expected. Every time Eve shows up I'm like "Why does she have that judgmental look on her face????"

I wonder if the guy who is Brady ever gets tired of playing someone who is so utterly dumb. He does it with such conviction, I got to say I'm amazed! He really believes in his character, I guess.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

I don't get this with Paul unless it was pettiness and bitterness for Sonny dumping him. Because 7 months ago, Paul was desperately in love with Sonny and share a life with him. I am supposed to believe that Paul's feelings have changed so completely that he is now in love with Will. Boring, smirking, flannel-plaid wearing Will? I guess but I would think Paul could do better than that.

Sure, Paul loved Sonny but Sonny treated him like garbage, much like Sonny treated Will in the months leading up to his "death". It was clear from the start that Paul was Sonny's second choice. I mean, go back and listen to their almost wedding vows, Sonny pretty much says that he is only with Paul because Will is dead LOL. There were cracks forming in Sonny/Paul long before Will was ever assumed alive. Paul spent much of 2017 trying to stop Sonny from behaving like an idiot while Sonny was running around with a weapon pretending to be a mobster.

I think Paul is just new to having someone actually care about him and put him first, which is what Will is doing. He's clearly in love with Will and Will in love with him so I don't see the issue. Chandler plays Will with a boyish innocence, one of the many reasons why the recasted Will didn't go over well with fans since Guy didn't have the same essence. I find CM's acting charming and in terms of wardrobe, Sonny has been wearing a PJ top for the past four episodes so the flannel is fine by me.

Edited by betweenthelines
  • Love 7
31 minutes ago, bantering said:

Eve's hypocrisy is worse than Sami's or Nicole's.

She is horrible.  Getting all judgmental about Nicole getting with Eric behind Brady's back?  Lady, didn't you fuck your beloved daughter's boyfriend a time or two?

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, betweenthelines said:

Sure, Paul loved Sonny but Sonny treated him like garbage, much like Sonny treated Will in the months leading up to his "death".

See, I don't think it was so much that "Sonny treated Will like crap in the months before his death" as much as Sonny's refusing to deal with Will's blaming their marriage falling apart on Will's not knowing that Sonny and Paul were once in love.  The Wilson marriage had a lot of problem--Will slept with the man in LA and then with Paul and Sonny kept their financial problems a secret--but to hear Will tell it, their marital problems were all because he didn't know that Sonny was once in love with Paul.  It was only after Sonny left for Paris that Will was able to admit his own culpability in their unhappiness and of course right after that, Will was allegedly killed.

And yes, Paul and Will are adorable together and they do love each other, but Paul's coming off as a little desperate with his crowing about Will's choosing him over Sonny--if he's totally over Sonny and utterly happy with Will, shouldn't he be a little gracious in his victory? 

• Love 4
(edited)
25 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

See, I don't think it was so much that "Sonny treated Will like crap in the months before his death" as much as Sonny's refusing to deal with Will's blaming their marriage falling apart on Will's not knowing that Sonny and Paul were once in love.  The Wilson marriage had a lot of problem--Will slept with the man in LA and then with Paul and Sonny kept their financial problems a secret--but to hear Will tell it, their marital problems were all because he didn't know that Sonny was once in love with Paul.  It was only after Sonny left for Paris that Will was able to admit his own culpability in their unhappiness and of course right after that, Will was allegedly killed.

And yes, Paul and Will are adorable together and they do love each other, but Paul's coming off as a little desperate with his crowing about Will's choosing him over Sonny--if he's totally over Sonny and utterly happy with Will, shouldn't he be a little gracious in his victory? 

Oh, Will was definitely to blame in the destruction of his marriage too. If anything, Sonny and Will contributed equally to it's end. Sonny also led both his husband and Paul on during that time too. Will wanted them to work things out, but Sonny kept chasing Paul even though he pretended like he wasn't interested. Sonny actually stood in the bushes at one point spying on Paul and Derrick with Arianna LOL. 

I mean Will and Paul are "adorable" but that's not what I like about them, it's more their fit? If that makes sense. They seem like a healthy mature relationship. In WilSon, Sonny used to be the rock (Paul's current role in Horita) and Will was the crazy Sami one. Now, Sonny is a mess and Will is still the crazy Sami mess he always was. The balance and dynamic if off, so it's hard for me to think that I could ever root for WilSon again. I think Sonny has been altered too much. Now, Will and Sonny as really good friends who would do anything for each other and co-parenting Ari (like Sami and Lucas when they got older)... that I could get behind. I'm more or less here for just Will, who I adore. Idk, I want to enjoy WilSon again but it's hard and it's mostly due to Freddie's performances. I actually found him better with Chandler today (someone who he usually isn't with) and terrible with Wally (usually his best scenes) so he's also hit or miss for me. 

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, betweenthelines said:

Oh, Will was definitely to blame in the destruction of his marriage too. If anything, Sonny and Will contributed equally to it's end. Sonny also led both his husband and Paul on during that time too. Will wanted them to work things out, but Sonny kept chasing Paul even though he pretended like he wasn't interested. Sonny actually stood in the bushes at one point spying on Paul and Derrick with Arianna LOL. 

I mean Will and Paul are "adorable" but that's not what I like about them, it's more their fit? If that makes sense. They seem like a healthy mature relationship. In WilSon, Sonny used to be the rock (Paul's current role in Horita) and Will was the crazy Sami one. Now, Sonny is a mess and Will is still the crazy Sami mess he always was. The balance and dynamic if off, so it's hard for me to think that I could ever root for WilSon again. I think Sonny has been altered too much. Now, Will and Sonny as really good friends who would do anything for each other and co-parenting Ari (like Sami and Lucas when they got older)... that I could get behind. I'm more or less here for just Will, who I adore. Idk, I want to enjoy WilSon again but it's hard and it's mostly due to Freddie's performances. I actually found him better with Chandler today (someone who he usually isn't with) and terrible with Wally (usually his best scenes) so he's also hit or miss for me. 

Sonny was passive-aggressive with Will because Will blamed Sonny for his infidelities and insecurities.  I think Will was more responsible for the demise of the Wilson marriage. Will treated Sonny badly when he went to LA. Sonny was trying his best, to give their family, a good life. He didn't always do it perfectly, but, he always had good intentions. Will hurt Sonny deeply and  was never contrite for his actions. He blamed everyone, but, himself. He also put his ambitions ahead of his marriage. Will's scheming against Paul never made any sense. Sonny didn't leave him to go be with Paul. Sami's schemes made sense from her perspective and she was entertaining.  Will was pathetic and hateful. He even used Marlena's affair with John, to paint John, as a predator, just to hurt Paul. That was low and not true. Not to mention, that was none of his damn business. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 7/9/2018 at 2:17 PM, bantering said:

Eve's hypocrisy is worse than Sami's or Nicole's. I'm not sure if Sami's and Nicole's hypocrisy was easier to take because we were attached to them as characters or because they weren't part of the older generation, where, er, a certain degree of maturity is expected. Every time Eve shows up I'm like "Why does she have that judgmental look on her face????"

I wonder if the guy who is Brady ever gets tired of playing someone who is so utterly dumb. He does it with such conviction, I got to say I'm amazed! He really believes in his character, I guess.

I am sure receiving those nice pay checks helps.

Edited by bobcat1946
  • Love 3
(edited)
47 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Sonny was passive-aggressive with Will because Will blamed Sonny for his infidelities and insecurities.  I think Will was more responsible for the demise of the Wilson marriage. Will treated Sonny badly when he went to LA. Sonny was trying his best, to give their family, a good life. He didn't always do it perfectly, but, he always had good intentions. Will hurt Sonny deeply and  was never contrite for his actions. He blamed everyone, but, himself. He also put his ambitions ahead of his marriage. Will's scheming against Paul never made any sense. Sonny didn't leave him to go be with Paul. Sami's schemes made sense from her perspective and she was entertaining.  Will was pathetic and hateful. He even used Marlena's affair with John, to paint John, as a predator, just to hurt Paul. That was low and not true. Not to mention, that was none of his damn business. 

I think all your points boil down to the fact that Will was/is too young to get married. A lot of that was pure character destruction to to facilitate the brutal end the character got back in 2015 as well. I still say that they are both equally responsible though. Sure, Will did all those things but he became increasingly desperate and more vengeful against Paul the more he realized that Sonny was actually sniffing around Paul, but Will is an insecure and Sonny knew that from the beginning of the relationship. He did nothing to reassure Will, and kept running away when Will tried to talk about it. Sonny did the same thing career wise, he put the club ahead of his marriage but emptying his and Will's joint bank account. They had a child to feed, clothe and provide for and he selfishly bankrupted them, causing Will to desperately take the Paul article.  I actually enjoy Will more when he's written to be more Sami like, he should be a schemer and a vixen, both of his parents are a mess and crazy. I know people get hung up on the "good" Will CG played but I always felt that portrayal was unrealistic to for a Lumi child (especially Will, who had a totally OTT and different upbringing than Allie). DW was my favourite young Will.

All in all, I think both characters are toxic together. I think they work much better as friends. I'm actually enjoying this current storyline since it's not romantic but it's clear Will likes Sonny as a friend and wants to help him. Sonny obviously wants it to be more. I also love that they're being treated like any other couple with the murder cover up so it's nice. I thought WilSon were good together the very first scene Sonny/Will had in the dream sequence with Paul back in September, but ever since then I have felt nothing. That could change, and I'm open to investing in them again if the chemistry comes back and Freddie puts in some effort but so far I'm not invested at all.

• Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

The only people I'm rooting for in this weirdass storyline are Ben and Tripp--maybe they can have a wacky friendship instead of forced romances with Ciara and Claire?

I'm down for this. I'd love to see Ben, with his barely contained insanity, and Tripp, who has a perpetual puppy dog look on his face, interact.

I never thought Jennifer looked too old for Eric until today while she was in scenes with Roman. She looked like Roman's contemporary for fuck's sake!

I don't even remember what happened in this ep lol. Oh wait, I remember Sonny making a few hilarious faces. And that I'm getting really tired of Paul's stupid smile.

ETA: 

1 minute ago, betweenthelines said:

I think all your points boil down to the fact that Will was/is too young to get married.

This made me think, how old is Will?

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3
(edited)
5 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

This made me think, how old is Will?

He's twenty five now, but would have been 21 when he married Sonny, since his birthday wouldn't have been until November. He was born November 16 1995 but the show aged him by three years when they changed from the babies that played Will to Darian I believe, so his birth year is now 1992. But Sonny was basically his only gay relationship, going back to their friendship which started when he was only 17.

• Love 3

It’s funny, but I don’t particularly care for either of the actors who play Sonny (FS) or Paul (CS). I have never found them interesting or particularly captivating. However, when either/both actors are in scenes with (CM’s) Will, I both like and am interested in them. Heck, Sonny’s scenes with Justin were interesting because they contained so many flashbacks to Sonny and Will. CM really elevates both actor and for me, his portrayal of Will makes all aspects of this storyline viable.

This new iteration of Ciara proves that LB should never have been recast, and the character should have been allowed to age naturally. Both actresses cast to play aged Ciara thus far have been awful. I think it’s a combination of acting skills or lack thereof, and the fact that each new version of Ciara has been written to be more Hope-like than like Bo, and Hope is insufferable at this point. I find I have zero interest in Original Recipe Hope or the sequel.

I do however like Ben. I liked him better than Chad when he and Chad were competing for the booby prize that is Abby; and I like him better than Ciara, or the legacy that nobody wants as I like to call her.

• Love 9

No one is going to miss the 'stained' Leo rug when it doesn't come back within a week or two? Will Sonny or Will just go buy an identical one?

Maybe Jenn needs to get some golden blonde in her hair. She looked like she was dating Roman.

Eve, it really wasn't any of your business to goad Brady in to who killed your not so dearly departed Deimos. Not like you miss him since you found a replacement for him. I don't even know if she wants Tate or to be around Tate except to stick it to her sister.

Ciara, dummy, you cannot walk on a freshly broken leg. You would need to have some sort of crutch. You are lucky that your mother found you. And of course, Ben shows up at a rather inconvenient moment.

• Love 4

So, Leo somehow got out of the rolled up rug and the trunk of his own car?  Forget about being a kept man, he should market his superb escape artist skills :):)

Re: Will's being too young to get married, that is part and parcel of being on a soap.  I mean, how old was Sami at her first wedding?  Young people getting married at inappropriate ages has driven storylines for ages and I have no doubt that within the next two years, both Ciara and Claire will be brides, despite the fact that neither one has the emotional maturity of a gnat.  It's what keeps the drama going :)

• Love 5

Brady had no problem threatening to take Holly away from her mom.   This custody case has made me really dislike Eve.   

JMHO I find jenn and Eric sweet.   Which means there is heartbreak in their future.   Not sure if anyone knows but I love Eric LOL.  

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

Brady had no problem threatening to take Holly away from her mom.   This custody case has made me really dislike Eve.   

JMHO I find jenn and Eric sweet.   Which means there is heartbreak in their future.   Not sure if anyone knows but I love Eric LOL.  

The problem with Jennifer and Eric is that the show is not interested in writing for them.  I find them bland. All they do is talk about other people's problems, argue and then apologize to each other for having different opinions.  I liked their initial hookup and the show did nothing with that.   Jennifer works better with men like Peter and Jack who challenge her. Plus, Jennifer looks like his mother and it throws me off. 

I love Eric too, but, his characterization has suffered due to being Sami's twin.  He is supposed to the "good" twin and they make him so boring at times.  Even back during the Sami/Carrie wars, he was just there with no point of view.  Sami and Carrie got more focus and attention. Marlena's son should be so much more than he is now. The show sucks at writing heroes and heroines. I remember Eric plotting with Kristen to keep John and Marlena apart and the show never really did anything with that. It was an interesting beat to explore.  Kristen and Eric should have hooked up. Perhaps, it could have started after Kristen tried to commit suicide, upon learning of Jarlena's engagement. Eric could have saved her life and sparks could have flown after that..  It would have added an interesting dynamic to her rivalry with Marlena.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, tribeca said:

Eve, the woman who happily slept with her daughter's boyfriend and bilked old men out of their money is morally outraged at Theresa's life choices?  Good for Theresa for pointing out that if Eve had been in her position in Mexico, Eve would have gotten out of there as fast as she could, regardless of who was left behind.   And let's just recap:  it's horrifying that Chloe was left in Mexico for a week and kept away from her son, but Eve has zero compassion that Theresa was kept from Tate for a year and a half?  And she also has zero problems with Nicole potentially being sent to jail and separated from Holly?

I feel oddly uncomfortable watching Ben being kept from his anti-psychotic drugs by the alleged good people of Salem.  People with mental illness need their meds to keep them mentally well and that should not be toyed with--even if Ben is a serial killer :)  I know Rafe eventually handed them over but it was still rather sick to watch.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 20
2 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Eve, the woman who happily slept with her daughter's boyfriend and bilked old men out of their money is morally outraged at Theresa's life choices?  Good for Theresa for pointing out that if Eve had been in her position in Mexico, Eve would have gotten out of there as fast as she could, regardless of who was left behind.   And let's just recap:  it's horrifying that Chloe was left in Mexico for a week and kept away from her son, but Eve has zero compassion that Theresa was kept from Tate for a year and a half?  And she also has zero problems with Nicole potentially being sent to jail and separated from Holly?

I feel oddly uncomfortable watching Ben being kept from his anti-psychotic drugs by the alleged good people of Salem.  People with mental illness need their meds to keep them mentally well and that should not be toyed with--even if Ben is a serial killer :)  I know Rafe eventually handed them over but it was still rather sick to watch.

yes! what bullshit! the man needs his meds. is this legal? asses! i felt uncomfortable also. 

the whole thing with no one acknowledging that teresa left her family to protect them from being killed, was held hostage and repeatedly raped by a madman and it was not her fault sickens me to no end. the ONLY voice of reason is JJ.  

• Love 12

I was hoping someone would have handed Ben a necktie when he was in that interrogation room with dumbass Rafe. 

I can't stand Ciara, but not gonna lie. When she walked in that room today hobling on crutches and Ben looked at her I got all swoony. I fully expect RC to botch this up though.

• Love 10

Rafe is completely insufferable in cop mode.

JJ is fucking perfect, man. And Casey Moss is just amazing. He is single-handily saving this stupid story.

57 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

I can't stand Ciara, but not gonna lie. When she walked in that room today hobling on crutches and Ben looked at her I got all swoony. I fully expect RC to botch this up though.

Right! I love that shit! But yea, I'm just waiting for it to be inevitably ruined.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

That bothered me so much. I thought it was an awful thing to do. Put me more on Ben's side.  I can't help it, I'm enjoying Ben/Ciara.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, DanaMB said:

That bothered me so much. I thought it was an awful thing to do. Put me more on Ben's side.  I can't help it, I'm enjoying Ben/Ciara.

4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Rafe is completely insufferable in cop mode.

JJ is fucking perfect, man. And Casey Moss is just amazing.

5 hours ago, Harmony233 said:

rafe was even more insufferable than usual shouldn't Ben have a  lawyer?

5 hours ago, howmanywords said:

I was hoping someone would have handed Ben a necktie when he was in that interrogation room with dumbass Rafe. 

I've never been able to stand Rafe but today he reached new lows of douchebaggery. Withholding Ben's meds was all kinds of wrong and his sneering contempt, which is his go-to behavior was at an all time high.  This dickhead of a cop - and a bad one at that - is the worst.  

And frankly, I think he's perfect with Hope.  She's become almost as bad as him.

6 hours ago, msrachelj said:

yes! what bullshit! the man needs his meds. is this legal? asses! i felt uncomfortable also. 

the whole thing with no one acknowledging that teresa left her family to protect them from being killed, was held hostage and repeatedly raped by a madman and it was not her fault sickens me to no end. the ONLY voice of reason is JJ.  

JJ is the man and Casey Moss is and continues to be the best, my favorite actor and character on the Show currently.  CM has continued to grow as an actor and watching him today be compassionate and clear-headed, low-key but leaving no doubt as to where he stands was some good acting.

And it was wonderful to hear him demolish Brady with a few well-chosen words about how he's treated Theresa since she returned.  

Show keeps trying to insist that Brady and Rafe are the good guys, no matter what they do or who they do it to.  That sell-by date expired a LONG, LONG time ago.

So Ciara is rescued and still a little snit.  Count your blessings, Tripp, and offer to be the one to give her away when she marries Ben.  And remember, No Returns Excepted.

• Love 10

Rafe, if Ben does anything while he doesn't have his meds, it will be on you.

"Brady is your last living link to Isabella."  Isn't Brady the only link to her Victor ever had?  And, er, isn't John also a sort-of link?

• Love 5

I was also uncomfortable with Rafe withholding Ben's medication. That would be his right to take it. All Rafe needed to do was call up Ben's doctor about the meds. If Ben has a decent appointed lawyer, he should be mentioning the withheld meds. Rafe and Hope don't like him. That's okay. He still has his rights under the law, and not when it is suitable for the Salem PD Commissioner. There would have to be some sort of documentation in his file on why the meds were locked away. Maybe they'd figure they'd dangle them over his head.  And that maybe just maybe he was telling the truth. People can change and it takes a lot of work to do so. Maybe he has changed for a few minutes, for a few hours, for a few days, longer. With half the town's rap sheet, he is just like them! Stefano's murder was covered up. Both Ben's and Ciara's stories were almost identical. No signs of any sort of Stockholm Syndrome. Hope, Ben took care of your little girl. He could have left her on the road, but he did his best to help.

Ciara is still very much her unlikeable self. And getting up out of a hospital bed on a freshly broken leg? Not done. And hobbling on crutches? Sorry. She should have been in a wheelchair. Not hugely cool to dismiss Tripp but he is now not on her radar. Maybe in a few years when she gets over the bad boy phase. Tripp, do yourself a favour and see if you can upgrade your education and stay away from both your roomies.

I did like both Eve's and Theresa's dresses today.

Eve, shut up and mind your own business. Tate is really in the way for you. Getting in bed with Victor isn't a good idea. I think Xander has the tape, right? Using Isabella was a bit dirty. John still has a tie to Brady. And what exactly do you see in the man-child?  It would probably be inadmissible as evidence. JJ was the voice of reason in this whole mess. Mature, seeing both sides. Theresa, JJ is a good catch.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Harmony233 said:

I can't imagine Isabella being happy with the way Brady turned out.Isabella had her issues with Victor even if they made peace after Brady was born and before she died.

Exactly! Isabella was always wary of Victor just like Bo.   They witness firsthand the ugliness in Victor and what he was capable of..

• Love 3
(edited)

I just caught up on the last few episodes.  Did anyone else cringe the way Rafe had Ben on the ground with his hands on the back of his neck and berating him. Oh and I hated the way Rafe was withholding his meds and looking all smug and calling Ben a rat.    On the other hand, teeth whitening must have been part of Ben's therapy-his teeth are really, really white.  Not that it is a bad thing or anything.  First Hope puts out an APB after her adult daughter calls her, tells her she is fine, and that she doesn't want to come home.  This move of course caused Ben to be too afraid to get his meds which could have put Ciara in actual danger.  Why the heck is Hope even allowed to be a part of this case anyway-she is much too emotionally attached to be objective and smart. I was very impressed the way Ciara was able to talk Ben down after he was hallucinating Clyde was there and the part where she told him to hold her hands because she was real brought tears to my eyes.  Wow!  Poor Ben of course gets arrested for a fire that happened when he wasn't even there and after Ciara told Hope that Ben wasn't there when the fire started.  Same thing Ben is telling them.  I hate Hope dismissing everything Ciara has said about Ben taking care of her and not starting the fire and chalked up to stockholm's syndrome or whatever it's called  Listen to your daughter-she keeps telling that she wanted to stay with Ben, she didn't want to come home, and Ben took care of her.  Heck even the hospital told Hope whomever set Ciara's leg did a really good job.   I hope the fire was caused accidentally and Hope and Rafe will have to let Ben go.  It would be pretty funny if Abigail set the fire.  She does have a habit of setting things on fire.  Would love to see Hope's reaction if precious Abigail caused a fire that almost killed her precious Ciara.  Loved the scene where Ciara walked into the room and the look on Ben's face.  Would anyone like to see Jordan come back to help her little bro?

The custody case.  Ted is that his name is a really good lawyer and I love him speaking the truth.  Theresa broke my heart today.  How many times does she have tell Brady and Eve that she spent a year and a half in hell being raped over and over to keep Tate and Brady alive before they actually start to listen and show some compassion.  She was crying and broken and Brady just stares at her without an ounce of compassion for her. Why does Chloe get so much compassion about being with the Noodle for two weeks but Theresa doesn't get any after she was there for a year and a half being RAPED over and over.  Chloe was not harmed or raped.  She sat in a room for two weeks and got to sing a song.  Her son didn't get to see her for two weeks but Theresa's son and her were are apart much longer.  I love JJ for having her back and speaking the truth.  When he did get so wise and handsome?  Such a compassionate and mature man too. Brady should take lessons from him.  Eve I can't even with her.  I like her actress ever since her days playing Blair on One Life To Live but I can't stand Eve.  What a horrible sister!

The Sonny killing Leo story line is boring and silly.  I would rather have seen different characters either siding with Sonny or wondering if he might be guilty of harassment and the trial than this silliness.  I hope it doesn't ruin Paul and Will because I like them together.

Edited by jaylee-03031
  • Love 12
(edited)
34 minutes ago, jaylee-03031 said:

I just caught up on the last few episodes.  Did anyone else cringe the way Rafe had Ben on the ground with his hands on the back of his neck and berating him. Oh and I hated the way Rafe was withholding his meds and looking all smug and calling Ben a rat.    On the other hand, teeth whitening must have been part of Ben's therapy-his teeth are really, really white.  Not that it is a bad thing or anything.  First Hope puts out an APB after her adult daughter calls her, tells her she is fine, and that she doesn't want to come home.  This move of course caused Ben to be too afraid to get his meds which could have put Ciara in actual danger.  Why the heck is Hope even allowed to be a part of this case anyway-she is much too emotionally attached to be objective and smart. I was very impressed the way Ciara was able to talk Ben down after he was hallucinating Clyde was there and the part where she told him to hold her hands because she was real brought tears to my eyes.  Wow!  Poor Ben of course gets arrested for a fire that happened when he wasn't even there and after Ciara told Hope that Ben wasn't there when the fire started.  Same thing Ben is telling them.  I hate Hope dismissing everything Ciara has said about Ben taking care of her and not starting the fire and chalked up to stockholm's syndrome or whatever it's called  Listen to your daughter-she keeps telling that she wanted to stay with Ben, she didn't want to come home, and Ben took care of her.  Heck even the hospital told Hope whomever set Ciara's leg did a really good job.   I hope the fire was caused accidentally and Hope and Rafe will have to let Ben go.  It would be pretty funny if Abigail set the fire.  She does have a habit of setting things on fire.  Would love to see Hope's reaction if precious Abigail caused a fire that almost killed her precious Ciara.  Loved the scene where Ciara walked into the room and the look on Ben's face.  Would anyone like to see Jordan come back to help her little bro?

I guess, I am going to defend Rafe on this one, I have no sympathy for Ben. He did kill 3 women who did absolutely nothing to him. Where was his sympathy for them. Paige begged for her life, hid, ran and fought him, as he squeezed the life out of her.  Her last moments on earth were pure terror.  Paige was Rafe's sister, a sister, he never got the chance to know.  A little sister, he could not protect from Ben.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Paige was Rafe's sister, a sister, he never got the chance to know.  A little sister, he could not protect from Ben.  

LMAO at me not knowing Paige was Rafe's sister!

I mean, sure, I get why Rafe wouldn't like Ben and he is completely entitled to those feelings, but that doesn't mean he isn't also an insufferable asshole.

• Love 9
27 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I mean, sure, I get why Rafe wouldn't like Ben and he is completely entitled to those feelings, but that doesn't mean he isn't also an insufferable asshole.

I'm going to assume that rafe is popular offline because Twitter seems to hate him lol.

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I despise Rafe too and you are correct, he is an insufferable asshole.

• Love 7
(edited)

I despise princess Abigail not so much for what she has done, but for the fact according to all the other characters she can do no wrong,.

16 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I guess, I am going to defend Rafe on this one, I have no sympathy for Ben. He did kill 3 women who did absolutely nothing to him. Where was his sympathy for them. Paige begged for her life, hid, ran and fought him, as he squeezed the life out of her.  Her last moments on earth were pure terror.  Paige was Rafe's sister, a sister, he never got the chance to know.  A little sister, he could not protect from Ben.  

Rafe would not protect the little sister Paige anymore than he is protecting the little sister, Gabi who is alive.  Rafe is taking the part of the person Abigail who destroy Gabi.

Edited by bobcat1946
  • Love 10
20 minutes ago, bobcat1946 said:

I despise princess Abigail not so much for what she has done, but for the fact according to all the other characters she can do no wrong,.

Rafe would not protect the little sister Paige anymore than he is protecting the little sister, Gabi who is alive.  Rafe is taking the part of the person Abigail who destroy Gabi.

Wasn't he also shitty  to his sister arianna?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Harmony233 said:

Wasn't he also shitty  to his sister arianna?

Arianna died because she was trying to prove that Sami shot EJ and Rafe basically turned his back on her because she refused to support his idea that it was okay for Sami to shoot an unconscious man in the head and almost killing him

• Love 6

I know I'm getting a little tired of Ari's anger at Gabi--the little girl is what, six?  I don't ever remember being that mad at my mom when I was little and I know this is to "up" Gabi's angst and increase her anger at Stefan, but Ari's unsmiling little face is starting to annoy.  And I love when Maggie is in her kind and caring mode--she was wonderful with Gabi, offering an ear to vent her worry over being a mom and making mistakes and then a shoulder to lean on when Gabi was in such horrible pain.  Can we keep this awesome version of Mags?

I love Will and Sonny as partners in crime and good for Sonny for telling Will that if he needs to confide in Paul, then he should do it.  Of course Will doesn't want to implicate Paul but why do I have a feeling it's going to be Paul who uncovers the WilSon cover-up?

• Love 11
(edited)

Ben, it's on you to convince people that you're not the same guy who murdered all those people, not up to them to "understand" you.  And you also have to accept it if some people, most people, hell, if EVERYONE decides to never trust you again.

Yelling that you "set a fire ONE time, I'm not an arsonist" is maybe not the best way to convince people you've changed.  One fire is quite enough.

And self-pity is not a flattering color to you.  No matter what you feel now, you did kill three and a half people.

RSW is doing a fine job in a thankless role but it is pretty thankless.

Edited by boes
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

And I love when Maggie is in her kind and caring mode--she was wonderful with Gabi, offering an ear to vent her worry over being a mom and making mistakes and then a shoulder to lean on when Gabi was in such horrible pain.  Can we keep this awesome version of Mags?

This is the best version of Maggie.  It would be nice if she was as understanding of Theresa's plight as she is of Gabi's, though.

• Love 9

I'm too pissed at Maggie for being Team Eve to think kindly of her.

Rafe holding back the meds was AWFUL.  Rafe being an asshole about Ben bothers me less but they literally have NOTHING to charge him with.  And you know CSI is going to come back saying it was bad wiring or the generator or some other non-Ben issue.

Sonny and Will are so going to get busted.  Little Ari is not going to stand for you gaslighting her. Paul, you deserve better.

And I HATE how everything around Gabi is turning to ash.  I'm guessing they are setting her up for going uber-dark but I hate contrivance driving someone dark.  Yes, I know, Soap Opera 101.  But still, try harder Ron.

JJ is earning so much love from me right now.  And Jen Lilley is doing a great job of showing how Theresa's just all over the place emotionally.  

• Love 10

Both Hope and Rafe need to start to act like professionals. Yes, they are dealing with a serial killer, former or otherwise. Yes, he can easily kill again. They have nothing on him to hold him at the station much longer. Once the fire was explained by some other issue with the cabin - wood stove defect/age, generator issue, they can't arrest him. It is unlikely that starry-eyed Ciara who has found her official bad boy will press any charges against him. She was not kidnapped, not held against her will, nothing.

Ben, if you wish to redeem yourself, you will need to do so over a number of years. Meds, therapy, etc.

A bit silly that Ari still hates her mom. She's four or so? Throwing the doll was stupid.

Gabi doesn't need yet another problem - medical or otherwise.

Will and Sonny, someone is going to find the rug. Or someone did find it and let Leo loose. And he will be coming for revenge and there had better be some Titan money or whatever money, because you may have to do the deed again.

Sick of holier than thou Rafe and Hope. You've killed people too!

• Love 10