Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

On 3/12/2018 at 10:35 PM, Frozendiva said:

Too bad Victor called Eve and told her the truth about her 'husband'. Had hoped she was playing the long con. I did enjoy her firing Brady.  Guess he will spiral back in to his bad boy behaviours and addiction. Maggie, you are moving back too soon. Let Victor squirm some more.

Thought Eve's wedding dress was 3/4 length. I can see what she saw in him, but it seemed too soon after Dearly Departed Deimos. And that it's another family member.

A comment on Stefan's glasses - if they are prescription ones, how could the Dr. Laura alter see, especially if she has good vision.

Not caring for Will's permasmirk. Why is he passing his daughter on to his grandparents? Get to know your kid! Yeah, Paul is a better way to spend your time.

At least Steve and Kayla make for interesting watching. I didn't care for the orangey coat with the red dress.

that coat was hideous. is there an orange muppet that is missing it's fur?!

While I don't see Claire as a villian in this story - I do think Eric had valid points - she had ample times to tell Hope without doing it on the wedding day & obviously she knows that otherwise she wouldn't constantly be wanting people to verify that she was right in doing it at that time.

I have zero problems with Tripp/Ciara - I think they are adorable - plus they aren't blood related & didn't grow up together thinking they were cousins (also I don't find it odd that Ciara just calls her Kayla - I always call my aunts/uncles by their name & not Aunt/Uncle so & so)

The Steve/Kayla & Justin/Adrienne scenes were fantastic - can we get more of those? 

And weirdly enough I wouldn't mind Eve & Jennifer becoming friends.

• Love 9
On 3/12/2018 at 3:15 PM, sugarbaker design said:

You might be thinking of Capitol on CBS, it was the show The Bold & The Beautiful replaced.

I LOVED Capitol!!!!

On 3/12/2018 at 4:58 PM, Silver Raven said:

(1) Damn, I was hoping that Eve had figured it out on her own instead of getting filled in by Victor.

(2) Why did Will ship Ari off to John and Marlena?  He wasn't doing anything.

(3) Every time Will gets ready to do it, somebody knocks on his door.

(4) "This is none of my business."  You're right, Sonny.  Go away.

(5) Uh. Kassie walking away in that tight white dress, and my mouth just dropped open.  Woof.

1. I know! I wanted her to be playing him...but I do like that they both fell for each other in the middle of their own personal agendas.
  2. Will was worried that she needed more emo support with Gabi being gone (in jail). From his perspective, he's not THE parent right now. He's been away for 2 years. Ari may bond with him but it's not the same as if he remembered her and had been there the whole time. He was looking out for her.
  3. Poor Will. LOL
  4. Damn straight, mobster. Mind yo own.
  5. LOVED Kassie's dress. Simple and gorgeous.
On 3/13/2018 at 1:53 AM, betweenthelines said:

I personally think Chandler is hitting all the right notes with his current portrayal of amnesiac! Will. I'm not sure what smirk everyone keeps referring to since to me, all of his facial expressions have been pretty fitting with a man who has been basically been told his whole life was a lie, and is almost giddy at the prospect of Paul wanting him back, as well as finally being able to live his life as a gay man within the context of a relationship with Paul. 

As far as we currently know this is Will's first relationship (to him anyways) with another person, let alone another man. So I thought his "please" was very endearing and fitting to the character and the circumstance. I'm also extremely surprised by the sexual chemistry both CM and CS are able to generate, we have seen glimpses of it in the past but today it was really apparent. Will and Paul have completely sold me, I think FS is the weak link between the two but I do look forward to him causing trouble and potentially coming between Paul and Will if/when the memories come back. I honestly don't think Will is going to dump Paul if this happens, although he will be torn. I can see a brief WilSon reunion followed by Will going back to Paul. The writing seems to be on the wall for a long term Paul and Will pairing which I'm here for. They're basically the only SL keeping me watching this show at the moment.

WRT the smirk: It's Chandler's way of portraying the moment. Will is giddy for sure. This (to him) will definitely be his first relationship. He doesn't remember anything before NOLA so...he's basically a virgin again. He's excited and happy and just...unsure of how to be. It's a nervous thing. I get it. He plays it in all of his scenes b/c it fits in pretty much all of the areas of Will's current life.

LOVE the Horita chemistry. You can tell that the real life friendship is shining through. It's the total opposite of WilSon where their chemistry came from the opposite (regardless of PR, they are not friends in the least). 

8 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I am still uncomfortable though with how is Will so aggressively targeting his ex-husband's former fiance. Apparently there are other gay men in Salem - and even one working behind the bar at the Brady Pub! - so why does Will fixate on Paul? I'm asking honestly. I have no clue what it is Will is attracted to. What is it about who Paul is that fascinates this Amnesiac Will? If it was just the fact that they once slept together, I wouldn't see him pursuing Paul with such giddy enthusiasm. Dude, there are other fish in the sea. Other fish with whom there will be fewer complications.

Sonny can't even walk out a door in a way that doesn't piss me off. He just lumbers. I feel like Freddie doesn't even care about the physicality of his character anymore. And no, that's not a crack about his weight. I would think Sonny would walk out of that extremely awkward encounter in Will's room like a man about to tear things off the walls. I would also think Sonny would consider Paul getting into bed with Will a really twisted thing to do since this he is obviously in a delicate mental position.

I agree about Will/Paul....if I analyze it too much.  I mean, he's been told he cheated on Sonny with Paul and that it was the catalyst for their seemingly "perfect" marriage ending...so much that everyone places all the blame on Will, etc... You'd think he'd want to steer clear for many reasons. Although, man...sometimes you just feel things and 1. he's practically in his first relationship (b/c of the amnesia), 2. Paul is freakin' hot, and 3. Your heart (and penis) want(s) what it/they want(s). 

Sonny is just so entitled. It's the smug ass Kiriakis in him, I think. He feels he owns rights to Will or something. Jeez. 

• Love 6

LOL - you so hot for Paauul! You so hot for Paaauuul!

I don't see it but okay. He's not ugly but...just kinda meh. A weird mix of facial features (the eyes and lips and chin are an odd combo, IMO) and the muscles don't add much. I feel like he could gain 40 pounds and still be as "attractive". (Rereads that sentence and isn't sure how that's a "bad" thing).

Anyway, the real test, as far as I'm concerned, will be whether Chandler can make "Real Will" distinct from the current persona, and more like the character we once knew. I can't tell if he's made deliberate choces this time around so that once the amnesia lifts, we'll take one look at him and know he's fully himself again. I'd like for that to be true, but so few acting choices on this show impress me anymore.

• Love 6

Paul's undoubtedly attractive (though I've long thought Christopher Sean's eyes are little small for his face). I don't think Paul's the be-all and end-all, and I don't think he's a significantly better person than either Sonny or Will; I still think of his pursuit of Sonny while Will and Sonny's marriage was in trouble. The fact is, none of them has really behaved in ways that are really healthy or even that realistic. One or more of them could have (and probably would have, in life) backed away by now. The whole triangle has a calculated, artificial feel to me. These characters are stuck in a complex, anxious triad that none of them finds satisfying only because they're the three gay characters in town. (Not counting Man-Bun, who, coincidentally, I thought looked enough like Sonny that I thought the twist would be that Alex had come back to town, not that Sonny would find a new potential love interest/sexytimes distraction.)

I'll also be interested to see if Will's current (placeholder?) persona is shown to be markedly different from a returned Original Flavour Will. I think Massey made some distinctions between Will and the hallucinatory version of Will that Lucas found at the bottom of the bottle, so I have some hope. 

3 hours ago, swtrgrl said:

LOVE the Horita chemistry. You can tell that the real life friendship is shining through. It's the total opposite of WilSon where their chemistry came from the opposite (regardless of PR, they are not friends in the least). 

Honestly, I'm not convinced yet. I'm still catching up after not watching for quite a while, but so far, I think their chemistry is decent, but it's not astonishing me. (Full disclosure: it could be partly that I really hate the portmanteau "Horita" -- like, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate. I think shipper portmanteau words are stupid anway, but this seems an especially ungainly example.) I always liked the chemistry between Sonny and Will, at least in the first year or so -- whatever its source.

Edited by Sandman
"Their" is not "they're." Whoops.
  • Love 5
19 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Honestly, I'm not convinced yet. I'm still catching up after not watching for quite a while, but so far, I think their chemistry is decent, but it's not astonishing me. (Full disclosure: it could be partly that I really hate the portmanteau "Horita" -- like, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate. I think shipper portmanteau words are stupid anway, but this seems an especially ungainly example.) I always liked the chemistry between Sonny and Will, at least in the first year or so -- whatever its source.

Watch Monday's show then come back and let us know. It was GOOD. 

I don't like "horita." I feel like that name is derogatory for all the fans who hated Guy's version of Will.

Edited by swtrgrl
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, swtrgrl said:

I don't like "horita." I feel like that name is derogatory for all the fans who hated Guy's version of Will.

To say nothing of how poor Rita feels! ;-)

Oh, also: Jennifer and Eric kissing seems ... odd to me, but I didn't hate it. Jennifer should take no for an answer, though; if Eve doesn't want to open up about Bonehead Black's latest self-destructive flailing, she shouldn't have to.

Why doesn't the Idiot Grandson just grow up and move out? If he thinks Victor doesn't respect him, then he needs to do something about that. I can't take his protestations seriously, because right now, living with Pop-Up Victor provides Brady with lodging, employment, free child care and a live-in sponsor! Oh, boo-hoo, no one loves me because my real full-time job is being a relentless dick, and life is too hard.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, swtrgrl said:

I agree about Will/Paul....if I analyze it too much.  I mean, he's been told he cheated on Sonny with Paul and that it was the catalyst for their seemingly "perfect" marriage ending...so much that everyone places all the blame on Will, etc... You'd think he'd want to steer clear for many reasons. Although, man...sometimes you just feel things and 1. he's practically in his first relationship (b/c of the amnesia), 2. Paul is freakin' hot, and 3. Your heart (and penis) want(s) what it/they want(s). 

Sonny is just so entitled. It's the smug ass Kiriakis in him, I think. He feels he owns rights to Will or something. Jeez. 

I think you are right that Will is drawn to Paul because he's been told by everyone that their affair ruined his marriage and he seems very intrigued by this, like he needs to see what it is about Paul that caused him to cheat.  Plus, Paul isn't acting entitled and demanding Will remember their love, like Sonny is.

I loved today's episode:  Gabi got to tell off Lani and it was glorious especially Gabi's throwing both JJ and Eli back in her face.  I liked Gabi's telling Lani that she should be the one to tell JJ the truth and my favorite moment?  "JJ deserves better," complete with a dismissive back turn.  Gabi is DONE with Miss Lani Price :):)

I thought MM was great today in her scenes with Kayla, explaining about her headaches and lost time.  Good for Abby for realizing that she needs help.

• Love 6

Vanessa Williams is just divine.  I wish that the role of Valerie was more substantial and worthy of her talents.. I really loved her scenes today with Abe, Lani and JJ. 

This DID story is just awful. Dr. Laura will never be, Jean Randolph. She was efficient, sinister, cold, fabulous, intelligent, took no prisoners and had a killer wardrobe.  I wish that Ron would stop rehashing old stories from his old shows.  His DID stories were always bad and never had  gravitas like Michael Malone's.  Michael Malone was an author before writing for one life to live.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Gabi got to tell off Lani and it was glorious especially Gabi's throwing both JJ and Eli back in her face.

This!

46 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Vanessa Williams is just divine.

Also this!

• Love 11
4 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I thought MM was great today in her scenes with Kayla, explaining about her headaches and lost time.  Good for Abby for realizing that she needs help.

This! MM was the best she's been since I started watching again in those scenes. I was so pleased Abigail was admitting her problems and asking for help. And then, of course, it was all undone. Ugh. Also, I loved Kayla in those scenes. I just love Kayla in general. I really wish they'd give her more of a story.

3 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

Why is Gabi still in her street clothes? Don't you get some type of jail uniform when you get booked in?

Right! I found that so annoying. 

1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

Vanessa Williams is just divine.  I wish that the role of Valerie was more substantial and worthy of her talents.. I really loved her scenes today with Abe, Lani and JJ. 

+1. 

• Love 8

Lani, Gabi may be many things, but hugely stupid isn't amongst them. If your baby does not come early and weighs an appropriate amount, she will put 40 weeks together and know that you lied.  She is right that JJ is too good for you. You are playing with another person's life. No self-respect. The truth will come out. And Grandma Valerie will give you a good talking-to and takedown.

I was hoping there would be a secret room behind the wall. With a closet, mirror, vanity, wig holder, etc. for the alters to adjust their appearance. Vivian's comments about the identities reminded me of some of the ones mentioned here.

At least Abigail sought some help but it was unfortunate that Dr. Laura materialized and then also helped herself to Kayla's glasses.  Prescription glasses make someone who can see normally see a massive blur. Unless Kayla's are also reading glasses, Dr. Laura would probably walk in to the nearest wall.

So Chad finds Andre's phone in Stefan's desk?

Valerie, you do need to back off with Lani. She will turn and snap on you. Although you are a bigger badass and Lani is just an insecure child playing games.

• Love 3

I can understand Will's physical attraction to Paul because Paul is very nice looking and he's a nice guy. I think Will said early on that he liked being around Paul because Paul was the only one who wasn't pressuring him to remember all the time. But it is a bit odd that he's pursuing Paul this heavily knowing that Paul was about to marry the man he's technically still married to.  I think the writers are failing at writing a slowly developing bond being Will/Paul that eventually turns romantic. That would've made better sense not just for Will but for Paul also who's just been flattened by the WilSon Train so why go there again? Instead of taking the time to develop it, the writers are just like "Yeah, they bonded over a song and being stuck together off-screen so go with it".

• Love 7
33 minutes ago, Garnett7 said:

I can understand Will's physical attraction to Paul because Paul is very nice looking and he's a nice guy. I think Will said early on that he liked being around Paul because Paul was the only one who wasn't pressuring him to remember all the time. But it is a bit odd that he's pursuing Paul this heavily knowing that Paul was about to marry the man he's technically still married to.  I think the writers are failing at writing a slowly developing bond being Will/Paul that eventually turns romantic. That would've made better sense not just for Will but for Paul also who's just been flattened by the WilSon Train so why go there again? Instead of taking the time to develop it, the writers are just like "Yeah, they bonded over a song and being stuck together off-screen so go with it".

Other than Sonny and Sami, nobody has tried to pressure Will. It would have been better for Will to really give his marriage a chance and failing at bonding with Arianna and feeling like he is letting Sonny down. Will could have gone to Marlena's house for emotional support over his amnesia and his feelings of inadequacy.  It would have been the perfect setup for Will to run into Paul organically and them slowly bond as friends.  Meanwhile, Sonny becomes insecure seeing how Will and Paul are getting close, he begins to become very possessive and demanding. This would push Will more and more away.  

• Love 4

I'm still not seeing the issue with the Horita bonding. They like the same music. they were kidnapped (hell, hetero couples on this show have married a week after a traumatic event and no one minded) and bonded over that. Attraction was never a problem in any incarnation of Horita. It's not out of the ordinary that Will's DNA remembers that on some level. Even if not, hello...boi is fine (Paul). Also, Paul has always been attracted to Will.

I'm going to hate Paul being sacrificed to (as someone put it above) The WilSon Train.

• Love 9

I cannot wait until Gabi finds out that the baby is Eli's. Lies of omission are shady, but, damn, it's cold as hell to lie straight to her face about it when directly confronted. I'm surprised they've made Eli complicit in this paternity lie. It really casts his character in unflattering light. As for Lani, this may seem strange, but somehow I don't hold it against her as much as I do him. She's just as wrong, probably even more so considering that she's the one who has caused this whole mess. I guess because even with all her outrageously selfish bs, she isn't just giving the baby up to save her romance. In the end, her unwillingness to just come clean is going to blow up in her face, too. I just hope I get at least a little revisit of Gabi/JJ out of it. 

I'm glad Abby went to Kayla. Mary Beth is so good in the scenes where she is the trying to be the objective but still compassionate physician to all these crazies. As for Abby, it's good to see her at least trying to be proactive about her lost time. MM was so good showing Abby's vulnerability. 

• Love 5

I do think they are pacing problems with Will and Paul - them being off-screen for a whole week instead of seeing them in the mausoleum, for one - but I like the phase of the story we're moving into and it's not the (ugh) Gabigail story so I'm okay with it, I guess lol.

I can't remember - did anyone ever call Brady on hooking up with his ex-wife's sister?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, swtrgrl said:

Also, Paul has always been attracted to Will.

I'm going to hate Paul being sacrificed to (as someone put it above) The WilSon Train.

But, looked at another way, it's in Paul's interest for Will not to remember their affair -- he's getting to start over with Will with a clean slate; maybe he even gets, in some way, to be Will's first. Is it that Paul's not putting expectations on Will to remember their history (as his family may or may not be doing), or that their history doesn't reflect that well on either of them, so Paul's happy to jettison it?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

I can't remember - did anyone ever call Brady on hooking up with his ex-wife's sister?

I don't think so.  If Salemites were bothered by a little thing like that celibacy would be the norm in our dear little town.  

Brady's uncle Philip dated, slept with, married and divorced Brady's sister, Belle.

Victor was married to his second to last fling, Nicole, had an affair with Caroline who at one time was Brady's geat aunt (until John's recon of his origin story), same with his ex-relation Kimberly with the extra of his having also tortured her, and this is just what I can remember off the top of my head.

Getting involved with a sister is what you have for breakfast in Salem.

• Love 8

Loved Lani's indignation at Valerie--I mean, what's up with this chick, why can't she just go along with Lani's epic lie?  Who cares that it's Valerie's son and grandchild who are going to get hurt in the end?  Not to mention JJ and the Horton clan--everybody just needs to continue to smile as Lani lies in everybody's face.

Jennifer does understand the concept of the privacy of patient's medical records, even if it is her daughter, right?  Poor Kayla, having to deal with the nosy harpy.

So Stefan likes the Gabby part of Abby's personalty but not actually Abby or Gabi--this is such a strange storyline.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 10

Stefan manipulating the mentally ill woman to get the alter he wants to come out and play...ewwwwww.  That's some Ford shit right there.

I really thought Valerie was going to spill the tea there for a second.  She's great, and looked great.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8
11 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Stefan manipulating the mentally ill woman to get the alter he wants to come out and play...ewwwwww.  That's some Ford shit right there.

I really thought Valerie was going to spill the tea there for a second.  She's great, and looked great.

Like Ford and Jessica, Stefan will bed Gabigail...Typical Ron..

• Love 3

No two ways about it, Stefan is despicable.  It's bad enough that he has framed an innocent woman with murder, he's keeping another woman from getting the proper medical care that she desperately needs.  I don't usually FF scenes, but I think I'm going to start using that button on the remote.   And I really liked TC when he was on GH.    In this role, I can't stand to look at him.

• Love 5

Stefan knows that the preferred Abigail will want nothing to do with him, so Gabigail it is. It's not right or fair. He should be sitting Chad down and telling him about his wife's odd behavior and  mention her being 'Gabby' and that he thinks she has another alter called Dr. Laura. But nope, taking advantage of a mentally ill woman. Setting up the real Gabi - not cool. I did laugh at Gabigail mentioning that her mother should be making donuts.

After a few months of being Abe's most hated, JJ has come a long way and now seems like a 'son'.

Lani must be really uncomfortable that a lot of people know her secret - secrets stay secret by not telling anyone. There are plenty of reasons for Valerie to tell Lani and JJ to wait to get married - JJ has had a rough few months. Parenthood is not easy. He is still struggling with the Theo issue and his former career as a cop. I have no idea if he has started EMT training or if it is coming up. He has no job. Unless he saved up some money from his cop's salary, whatever cash he does have is dwindling. Becoming a father is a weird 'high' for him. Does he really know Lani all that well? Are both suited to be life partners to each other - well, a 1/15 of a life in terms of Salem. JJ and Lani are both adults, but Lani should not be rushing him to the altar and vice versa. They just seem... convenient.

Jen, you should not be going through the Chief of Staff's medical files. Guess the missing glasses will be a clue in to what is going on with Abs.

Julie, it is time for a cruise. Or to teach an extension/continuing ed course in harpyism and bring along Jen as a modern example. Yeeeeeesh.

• Love 6

Umm, Julie?  

giphy.gif

Ahhhh, that feels better!

And all that bullshit you were busy shoveling Eli about how David would have had a fulfilling life if only he'd known his son?  Funny how he didn't seem to give a rats ass about the SON HE DID KNOW ABOUT.

Not that you're any big draw to your grandson, Scottie, either.  Last I checked, you haven't seen him since 1990.  And how about your brother, Steve, Julie?  Heard from him in the last 40 years?  

So first Steve Olson takes off in 1980 and never comes back, then David Banning takes off in 1983 and never comes back, and THEN, grandson Scottie takes off in 1990 and never looks back.  You can't blame it all on Doug's ukele playing, Julie.

I wonder how long Eli can stand that mindless foghorn blasting away at him?

I know!  Let's lock Lani in a room with Julie and she'll spill the beans in record time, just to be let out.

Stefan is so oily he's smudging my tv screen.  I think he's going to out-Ford the Ford brothers.  The Dimera mansion MUST have a homicidal chandelier lurking around the place, it just must.

Edited by boes
  • Love 13
7 hours ago, annabel said:

wow, it takes so little time to watch the show when there is SO MUCH Abigail, Chad and Kate. 

I skim those tweet updates, for sure. 

I was cheering on Gabi so hard yesterday with Lani. 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, boes said:

Umm, Julie?  

giphy.gif

And all that bullshit you were busy shoveling Eli about how David would have had a fulfilling life if only he'd known his son?  Funny how he didn't seem to give a rats ass about the SON HE DID KNOW ABOUT.

Not that you're any big draw to your grandson, Scottie, either.  Last I checked, you haven't seen him since 1990.  And how about your brother, Steve, Julie?  Heard from him in the last 40 years?  

So first Steve Olson takes off in 1980 and never comes back, then David Banning takes off in 1983 and never comes back, and THEN, grandson Scottie takes off in 1990 and never looks back.  You can't blame it all on Doug's ukele playing, Julie.

I know!  Let's lock Lani in a room with Julie and she'll spill the beans in record time, just to be let out.

Stefan is so oily he's smudging my tv screen.  I think he's going to out-Ford the Ford brothers.  The Dimera mansion MUST have a homicidal chandelier lurking around the place, it just must.

Ha ha, you win internet post of the day.  Hilarious!!!!!!!!

• Love 4
14 hours ago, boes said:

Umm, Julie?  

giphy.gif

QFT!!!!

• Love 1

Brady staring at pictures of him and Eve on his cell phone was laughable--you're a grown man, not a teenage girl.  It's a good thing he's going to use a contest involving actual teen age girls to try and win her back--he'll fit right in with the angst.  I kind of hope neither Claire or Ciara wins the contest because I don't think I could stand the preening.

I know I can't even begin to deal with Tripp and Ciara and the cow eyes they are making at each other and what is with that tinkling music that plays during their scenes now?  There's just something unsavory about their "romance," like all Ciara wants is for Tripp to say he prefers her to Claire and she'll feel like a winner.  And he knows she has darker motives for joining the contest but that's somehow okay?  This all circles back to Claire and Theo and it feels doomed from the start.

Eric and Eve's conversation was nicely played and I like that she apologized to him--I'm back on her side and wanting good things to happen to her.

• Love 7

Slow for a Friday.

Abigail/Gabigial had a perfectly reasonable explanation for the glasses. It can happen. Given the mental illness history in the family, that should be a clue. But Kayla and Jen will miss out for a while.

The phone was in the kitchen? There is kitchen staff at the DiMera building? I can see it in my office when one of the idiots throws it in to a drawer with the dirty dishes.

The rest I really don't remember, except for Stefan telling Abs or Gabs that she will be going on some business trip.

• Love 2

Today, other than every scene with Kassie DePavia, Show couldn't hold my interest long enough to exhale.

I kept wondering how Tyler Christopher was managing to cover up his bald spot and why Ciara resembles Dora the Explorer so much.....

And why Jennifer thinks dressing like Swiss Miss is a good look.

I will say Greg Vaughn looks good in a bar apron....why he has to wear anything under it is a mystery, though..

Edited by boes
  • Love 9

KdP is totally killing it, and I wish Eve and StefanO could interact, she might be able to snap him out of his slump. I have fondness for Tyler from GH but he has been saddled here with a terrible storyline. Abigail, with or without alters is not that interesting of a character and I wish Show would realize it. and every time the actress takes off the black wig I am amazed at how incredibly bland her face is without it.

• Love 10
On 3/14/2018 at 11:02 AM, Sandman said:

To say nothing of how poor Rita feels! ;-)

Oh, also: Jennifer and Eric kissing seems ... odd to me, but I didn't hate it. Jennifer should take no for an answer, though; if Eve doesn't want to open up about Bonehead Black's latest self-destructive flailing, she shouldn't have to.

Why doesn't the Idiot Grandson just grow up and move out? If he thinks Victor doesn't respect him, then he needs to do something about that. I can't take his protestations seriously, because right now, living with Pop-Up Victor provides Brady with lodging, employment, free child care and a live-in sponsor! Oh, boo-hoo, no one loves me because my real full-time job is being a relentless dick, and life is too hard.

because it's like he's kissing his mother. yes, i know the age difference isn't that great, but she looks and acts much older . and she's so damn goody two shoes frumpy. 

just loved the dr/patient hippa(sp?) breach with kayla and jennifer. and how she thinks it's ok to go thru her daughters purse. she makes me want to smack her. 

also, i must have missed seeing it, but she said she looked in her medical file!! she needs to shake hands with julie. they both have quite the big snoopy noses. 

Edited by msrachelj
addition
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, boes said:

I kept wondering how Tyler Christopher was managing to cover up his bald spot and why Ciara resembles Dora the Explorer so much.....

That's what looked so weird about him!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, annabel said:

buffynut, KdP has been awesome all week, but I honestly can't think of anything I'd recommend to watch. it's a sad state of affairs

Thanks annabel.  Guess I'll just wait and watch live again on Monday.  

• Love 1
14 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Claire didn't have much on either during her photoshoot with Eric.

Not to mention there coats were nowhere to be seen.   I kept wondering why Eric was coatless in the middle of March

I’m thinking about returning to the show, so I have been catching up On Demand. The show still needs work, but I can see they are trying to turn things around, even if I don’t agree with everything being done.

I really liked Julie’s scenes with Eli. That was more of the Julie I remember, not the shrill harpie the writers morphed the character into.  I like Gabby and Eli (the actor playing Eli is really good) as a couple and hope they get through their current onslaught.  I still don’t think the show has found the person who the actress who plays Lani has chemistry with (I do think the actress has skills, the show just doesn’t seem to know how to effectively utilize these skills). I didn’t like her with Shawn, I don’t like her with JJ and I didn’t care for her interactions with Eli. As a result, I hope this baby storyline never comes to fruition, maybe she can have a miscarriage becuase it is ridiculous.  How do you do a storyline like this where it seems like everyone but JJ knows he is not the father?  Were I looking to delve into mental health, I would have tackled the obsessive, stalkerish, borderline tendencies that have long been present int the Lani character rather than the DID trope going on that has made a criminal out of Gabby. The show could still do it if they have her miscarry, lose JJ and watch Eli and Gabby solidify as a couple. 

Are we supposed to hate Valerie because every time she goes into her histrionics about “her grandchild” and her near deranged interactions with JJ, all I can think is “Didn’t you keep your son from his now dead father and his family until Eli was beyond a grown a** man?” Hypocrite, thy name is Valerie.

Tyler Christopher’s hair plugs look good, but was another DiMera really needed and why is he fascinated with Abby, a character who remains the opposite of compelling to me even with the actress change? I’ve only watched a few of his portrayals but when it comes to what the current crop of writers are bringing to the DiMera story, it seems like a case of same song, different verse.

Kayla still seems to be being used as a prop for other characters and their stories, but since her stories with Steve would undoubtedly revolve around his Ava spawn and her being subjected to Steve’s emotional abuse in favor of him, and her own children are non-existent in favor of said spawn, I guess this is the best I can hope for when it comes to my favorite character.

i don’t like recast Ciara all that much, Claire remains bland, and wasn’t Ava’s spawn insinuating himself into Claire’s Life when she was with Theo, guess that hypocrite gene is shared with Valerie.

I see the show is still doing Brady and Eve (com they work as a couple, or I saw it a case of who is going to successfully scam the other first?). I saw Eric doing next to nothing, is the show doing anything with the actor?

• Love 3

Eric had his redemption arc last year and briefly reunited with Nicole just before the actress left the show. Now they're pushing him and Jennifer as a real couple after years of slow burn. I think I preferred them as drinking buddies.

• Love 4