Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I was just starting to miss the Ciara and Claire bickering. Too bad Claire just came home. Surely the airline would have re-booked her flight. And before she started to work on her 'song', maybe ask Ciara if doing so would bother her? Passive-aggressive works so well. Nice of her to leave the tape recorder on. Did like Tripp telling them to shut up.

Steve still can't see - or is it just a temporary side effect?

Nice of Maggie to match the décor of the new living room. Surely she can't think that Eve would be so stupid and desperate to believe 'Brady' when he feels he is the rightful CEO.

Jen, bringing Eric a donut without a wrapper? What if you trip on something and there is chocolate icing everywhere?

• Love 3

Have we ever seen Pamela Van Damme before? I'd like to think we did, back when the ISA  was giving statements about how Steve was on a mission to kill Ava...but I'm not sure we did.

It was really jarring all of a sudden seeing her on Monday and Tuesday's episodes. Why did they rush all of all of that? We got so much drawn-out pointless drama about John drugging Steve and nothing about the actual villain of the peice, who supposedly knew John, Steve, Billie and Bo (and Shane?) all this time. They could have done something really interesting with her and shown her as a reasonable person with a long history with these characters who ended up falling over the edge in recent months because of the Joey debacle. Instead, she just sort of dropped out of the sky on Monday and was killed on Tuesday and that apparently wrapped the whole story up. Hun?!

One of the things I always expected the show to do at some point was actually build an ISA set and let us see a bunch of the agents together so we could understand how the damn place worked. It's a government organization but it has people assassinated? I'm still totally blurry on the details there.

What a hurried ending to the story. Strange.

I'm also really fed up with people getting injected with drugs and dying. Orpheus did it, Yo Ling did it, Rolfe did it and now Pamela...thanks to Tripp.

Anybody else catch why she dragged her hostages into the middle of the most public place in town, Horton Town Square? If she was trying to save her reputation or keep everything hush hush I don't know why she bothered going after Steve's kid anyways when she just could have gone to the hospital and killed him herself.

I really like the actress too. They should have used her more.

I still don't consider trip absolved of nearly killing Kayla, but at this point I'm just fed up with the whole story and want it dropped. He's a good guy, he's sorry, we get it.

...I wonder if Ron comes to these boards for story ideas. I feel like we already talked about how there should have been fallout because the ISA concocted a story to cover for Joey. You here Ron?

On another note, Monday's Abigail Alter Ego business was kind of laughable. Again, I really respect Marcy's acting abilities and choices and the fact that she likes to play things a bit more subtle, but this is a soap opera. You have to play it a bit bigger for it to fit into the world around you. I just don't think she fits in very well. I was excited to see Abigail lose her mind again, but this already looks like it's going to be pretty painful. If this entire storyline basically amounts to her sleeping with Stefan and Chad having to win her back I'm just going to end up sick to my stomach. Abigail is not God's gift. At a certain point any reasonably sane guy would just say okay she's a mess and I need to cut my losses.

I mean really guys, I gaffawed when she had to say that she was the only Mexican standing in the room. What the hell was Ron thinking writing that line or okaying at? Marcy makes Casper the Ghost look tan. I get that he likes campy and funny, but if he expects us to take it seriously the fact that Abigail has constructed a Persona that thinks it's Gabby, maybe don't make fun of that fact the first time she's featured in a scene?

Stefan's reaction to Gabigail seemed like the audience's reaction to Ron.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Steve still can't see - or is it just a temporary side effect?

I'm thinking (hoping?) that this will be a case of he really needs the reading glasses, but the show has taken such a weird turn with all these far-fetched story lines, who knows?

• Love 3

I actually really like Tripp & am happy he's making amends with both Steve & Kayla.    The scenes with them at the hospital were sweet.    (I do hate that he's Ava's child & not Kayla's)   I do hope Steve not being able to see is not a permanent thing.   I am also kind of liking Tripp/Ciara - they actually seem to fit better than he does with Claire (and I loved him yelling at them to shut up & stop fighting)

Eric & Jen are sweet.    Brady needs to STFU 

The whole John poisoning Steve thing was just so random & am glad it's over.    I am kind of liking Will & Paul & would like to see them explore a relationship before they ultimately stick him back with Sonny

This whole Gabagail thing is ridiculous (and I hate they are wasting Stefan on that twit) - while this new Abby is better than the old one - I still hate that character & wish she'd drop off the face of the earth.    Why can't they bring Stephanie back to mix things up with Chad & Stefan instead of Saint Abigail?

• Love 8

It's kinda ridiculous that, apparently, every time Abigail switches into (ugh) Gabigail, we're going to have to watch her slooooowly walk across the Dimera living room, slip into the secret passage, and strap on her wig.  That's a time-consuming affectation, Gabigail.

Nice scene with Lucas and Will.

• Love 9
32 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

It's kinda ridiculous that, apparently, every time Abigail switches into (ugh) Gabigail, we're going to have to watch her slooooowly walk across the Dimera living room, slip into the secret passage, and strap on her wig.  That's a time-consuming affectation, Gabigail.

I mean who even told her about the secret passage. I am sure it wasn't Stefano.

• Love 6
41 minutes ago, nilyank said:

I mean who even told her about the secret passage. I am sure it wasn't Stefano.

The whole story is ridiculous.  I don't think that the actress is capable of giving this campy story, gravitas.  Erika Slezak was awesome, when she portrayed Viki's 6 personalities, on One Life To Live.  

Kim's bout with DID was great as well on the show.  It fit Kim's trajectory on the show, she had gone through so much. It was cathartic to see Kim finally deal with her past with sexual abuse and incest.   Patsy Pease was outstanding and heartbreaking..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 7

Deliciously smirky Paul returned today and I have missed him. Personally I enjoy watching a confident Paul acting suave and flirty. He knows how to bring all the boys to his yard.

Will was stuttering up a storm, which I also get is just something Chandler does often, but it worked in the moment showing Will being surprised and thrown off his game that Paul, finally, was in the role of instigator and teasing him instead of it being the other way around.

I still feel as if the whole Steve mess was rushed and dumb and didn't make any sense and it just ,made so many characters unnecessary look stupid. But if they intend to use it to help Paul and Will grow closer then so be it, heh.

I can and will ignore all of that if they would just go ahead and grab dinner together or a drink. I want them in a social setting, talking and having some fun, it's obvious to me Christopher and Chandler naturalyl get along and have a friendship so I am more than ready to see them start having more moments like today.

• Love 8

I feel like this Paul/Will thing came out of nowhere. Like for Paul to suddenly be all flirty and shit is just bizarre to me. Maybe it's just the terrible pacing.

I'm already over Gabigail.

So, is Steve's still not being able to see anything or what? Today John told Paul he talked to Kayla and she said Steve was doing better. Again, maybe a pacing problem or something.

I liked the Lucas/Kate/Billie scenes.

• Love 2

I know she's had the same style for years, but I find Maggie's hair so distracting. Especially when she wears trendy clothes, but has dated hair. If it's her own hair, I wish the stylists could convince her to let them do a more modern look. And if it's a wig, then get a new one! 

Wonder where she's going to live now that she's left Victor?  One of the rooms at the Martin house? 

I liked Billie having scenes with everyone, but I still got annoyed when John said he had to go say goodbye, when his OWN DAUGHTER has apparently left town without any farewell scenes.

About Gabigail, is it typical to have a headache when the personalities change?

When they threw Eve into Brady's realm, I thought it was stupid, but I'm kinda liking them together.  And Tate's a cutie.  Don't think he's old enough to be Eve's confidant though.

So the Rope wedding is March 1st, right? I guess we'll be starting wedding preparation shows soon.  I really, really hope this wedding doesn't go through. And if it does, hope they go on a LONG honeymoon.

Yeah, they left us hanging with Steve's blurry vision cliffhanger from yesterday.

• Love 6
34 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I feel like this Paul/Will thing came out of nowhere. Like for Paul to suddenly be all flirty and shit is just bizarre to me. Maybe it's just the terrible pacing.

This is so typical of Ron's pacing and writing, I feel, because he often would do this on OLTL and GH.

He has characters suddenly acting like they're best friends or romantically interested in each other and we see nothing happening that would explain why or how or even when.

Imo, he's so lazy and he loves to basically excuse it all and hand wave it away as everything happened off screen and we, the viewers, should use our imaginations to come to the proper conclusions without him needing to actually do his job of director and producer and writer.

It's not a him problem, it never is, it's an us problem.

Based on that I would assume that we are meant to assume that Paul and Will have had so many interactions off-screen while they have been following John and investigating the Steve poisoning.

Presuming that everything didn't just go down in less than 24 hours from start to finish, they have spent days and nights playing detectives and Paul's old feelings for Will, which he was starting to have way back when before the affair was discovered, have resurfaced and he's now looking at Will in a new light since their "near death" experience. The thought of losing Will caused Paul's buried feelings to resurface.

Of course I am merely guessing based off of Ron's track record. But since I have no other gay couple on anywhere else that actually interests me, I am trying to hang on to what's going on with Will and Paul, since I like the chemistry spark Christopher and Chandler share in my eyes.

The writing is trash but these two could prove to be diamonds in the rough, fingers crossed.

• Love 7

Flirty Paul is the cutest thing ever. I adore him. And while I do really like Horita (against my better judgement cause I know where the writing is going), I feel like we should see more resistance from Paul and him denying to himself that he cares for Will. He was flattened by the WilSon train when Sonny dumped him to get back with Will. He should be much more resistant to the idea of becoming involved with Will both because of his past with Sonny and his lingering feelings for Sonny but also just be skittish of putting himself back into a position to hurt again should Will regain his memories and want Sonny back.

The Steve/John storyline was dumb. All this build up and then, poof all over. Everything forgotten and forgiven.

Eve/Brady are so horrible. Please, tell me there's an end in sight to the madness.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, CPP83 said:

Presuming that everything didn't just go down in less than 24 hours from start to finish

They just acknowledged today that it's the day after Valentine's day, so it all went down in 24 hours.

24 minutes ago, Garnett7 said:

Eve/Brady are so horrible. Please, tell me there's an end in sight to the madness.

Well ...

Spoiler

Theresa is coming back very soon.

• Love 1

Maggie, you knew exactly who Victor was when you married him. Retirement and old age would not change him, really. How long is this moving out going to last? Will she stay at Jennifer's house? Sucks to have no more servants.

Maggie's clothes have been updated. Time for a new hairstyle or wig. Just too much hair.

Why was Billie on for only a couple of days? Bye.

Abs just doesn't flip to her different personality? The headache? Maybe that is a clue. Just so time consuming to have to visit the secret room/chamber to put on the wig and makeup.

Maggie, you should tell Eve that Brady's intentions are not remotely honest or honourable.

• Love 4

Okay, Jawn can go away now.  He's settled back into his default "Smell the fart" look, which is bad enough.  But when he lamented to Paul, the son he tied up without explanation IN A MAUSOLEUM, how much he suffered having to lie to his family, I was ready for Paul to knee dear old Dad in the nuts and walk off.  Really, Jawn, really?!?  We're supposed to feel sorry for YOU!?!

I wish Maggie had done the same to those two troglodytes, Victor and Brainless.

To me, Will looked totally checked out in all his scenes today.

7 hours ago, buffynut said:

Well, it gives ME a headache.

Edited by boes
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, buffynut said:

I know she's had the same style for years, but I find Maggie's hair so distracting. Especially when she wears trendy clothes, but has dated hair. If it's her own hair, I wish the stylists could convince her to let them do a more modern look. And if it's a wig, then get a new one! 

Wonder where she's going to live now that she's left Victor?  One of the rooms at the Martin house? 

I liked Billie having scenes with everyone, but I still got annoyed when John said he had to go say goodbye, when his OWN DAUGHTER has apparently left town without any farewell scenes.

When they threw Eve into Brady's realm, I thought it was stupid, but I'm kinda liking them together.  And Tate's a cutie.  Don't think he's old enough to be Eve's confidant though.

So the Rope wedding is March 1st, right? I guess we'll be starting wedding preparation shows soon.  I really, really hope this wedding doesn't go through. And if it does, hope they go on a LONG honeymoon.

Yeah, they left us hanging with Steve's blurry vision cliffhanger from yesterday.

if maggie's hair if her own and not a wig, i am beyond jealous, since i have some age related thinning but used to have crazy thick hair. even so, if it is real, it needs to be tamed. it's too thick , too wild and not age appropriate. and i agree, if it's a wig, she needs an new one. it is very distracting. 

speaking of distracting. i thought the actress who plays billie had her horrible, dr. should be be forbidden to work again, lips de-plumped?! they are disgusting. add to it, she can't act her way out of a paper bag. so long billie, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. and don't come back.

• Love 3

Ahh I loved the Will/Lucas scenes (wish we'd get more of those) & against my better judgement,  I am totally on board the Will/Paul train (which I know will be derailed when they stick Will back with Sonny) - I do kind of wish that this time Paul would actually win though.

Man Billie looked weird - her checks seemed way too full (she doesn't look that bad on Real Housewives)

I do hope Gabigail's split personality goes away soon - I really really really don't want her wasted on Stefan (who deserves a real woman not Saint Abigail)

• Love 4
15 hours ago, CPP83 said:

Deliciously smirky Paul returned today and I have missed him. Personally I enjoy watching a confident Paul acting suave and flirty. He knows how to bring all the boys to his yard...showing Will being surprised and thrown off his game that Paul, finally, was in the role of instigator and teasing him instead of it being the other way around... I want them in a social setting, talking and having some fun, it's obvious to me Christopher and Chandler naturalyl get along and have a friendship so I am more than ready to see them start having more moments like today.

All of that. 

15 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

"Hey, Billie, long time no see.  Sorry about you getting shot and all."

That? Was hilarious. The delivery of those lines was epic.

41 minutes ago, Princess Consuela said:

Ahh I loved the Will/Lucas scenes (wish we'd get more of those) & against my better judgement,  I am totally on board the Will/Paul train (which I know will be derailed when they stick Will back with Sonny) - I do kind of wish that this time Paul would actually win though.

I have always loved Will and Lucas together...especially Chandler/Bryan. they bounce off each other well. 
And man, oh man... the height difference smacked me in the face. Crazy. I never noticed it before.

I want Paul to will all the goodies. All Will's goodies...and keep them awhile. I don't want WilSon as end game but if we have to...please drag Horita out awhile. I love them so much. Great chemistry.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, CPP83 said:

Imo, he's so lazy and he loves to basically excuse it all and hand wave it away as everything happened off screen and we, the viewers, should use our imaginations to come to the proper conclusions without him needing to actually do his job of director and producer and writer.

I had no idea he was director and producer, I thought he was just head writer.

11 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

They just acknowledged today that it's the day after Valentine's day, so it all went down in 24 hours.

That makes Paul being flirty and having feelings for Will even dumber that I already thought. Geez louise.

4 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

He is rehashing his DID story with Abigail. 

Every story he does is just a rehash of other stories he did lol. I just wish he'd pick his better ideas to rehash instead of his worst ones.

I wouldn't hate the Gabigail story as much if I thought it was about anything other than her fucking Stefan. Sigh.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

He is just a head writer.  Ron is a lazy writer. He is rehashing his DID story with Abigail. 

Yeah, I know, I'm a former fan of GH and OLTL during Ron's reigns as head writer.  Is RC a lazy writer or was he hired to re-hash his stories?  I don't know.  I can't blame a show's faults solely on a head writer when production plays such a hug part in storyline direction.  I've always like Ron's sense of the absurd and his sense of humor, but I always wished he teamed up with someone with a classic soap storyline approach, it might work much better.

I was a huge fan of Michael Malone's DID story for Viki which included several alters (my favorite:  gatekeeper Jean Randolph).  But Malone had experience writing novels and an excellent actress at his disposal.  At OLTL Ron had the actress (sorry I can't remember her name) who played Jessica Buchanan, who could not handle such a storyline.  IMHO that's a producer's mistake.  No producer should've green lit a story that it's actress couldn't handle.  That was once one of daytime's strengths:  taking actors with limited capabilities and writing for those actor's particular strengths.

When I was watching Abigail turn into Gabigail, I thought to myself, she needs 'personality changing music' like Jessica Buchanan to let the audience know she's changing, because the acting isn't doing it.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Love 4
14 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

That makes Paul being flirty and having feelings for Will even dumber that I already thought. Geez louise.

I feel like that would have played better if we had seen more of them being locked in the mausoleum together, talking and bonding, I still think it's lame we didn't get that as it's soap math.

16 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I wouldn't hate the Gabigail story as much if I thought it was about anything other than her fucking Stefan. Sigh.

And fucking Stefan O. while he's fully aware she's mentally altered.  Ew ew ew.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I feel like that would have played better if we had seen more of them being locked in the mausoleum together, talking and bonding, I still think it's lame we didn't get that as it's soap math.

And fucking Stefan O. while he's fully aware she's mentally altered.  Ew ew ew.

Yea, it's like blasphemous to me that they didn't show them locked up together. How do you not go there? It's a fucking soap!

And yes, the fact that this entire story is so they can have Abigail and Stefan sleep together while Stefan knows she's mentally unwell is just, well, That's So Ron!

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

When I was watching Abigail turn into Gabigail, I thought to myself, she needs 'personality changing music' like Jessica Buchanan to let the audience know she's changing, because the acting isn't doing it.

I guess that is why they are making her have blinding headaches so we know that Gabigail is going to show up.

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Yeah, I know, I'm a former fan of GH and OLTL during Ron's reigns as head writer.  Is RC a lazy writer or was he hired to re-hash his stories?  I don't know.  I can't blame a show's faults solely on a head writer when production plays such a hug part in storyline direction.  I've always like Ron's sense of the absurd and his sense of humor, but I always wished he teamed up with someone with a classic soap storyline approach, it might work much better.

I was a huge fan of Michael Malone's DID story for Viki which included several alters (my favorite:  gatekeeper Jean Randolph).  But Malone had experience writing novels and an excellent actress at his disposal.  At OLTL Ron had the actress (sorry I can't remember her name) who played Jessica Buchanan, who could not handle such a storyline.  IMHO that's a producer's mistake.  No producer should've green lit a story that it's actress couldn't handle.  That was once one of daytime's strengths:  taking actors with limited capabilities and writing for those actor's particular strengths.

I wish that Sherry was co- headwriter with Ron.  Sherry is a master story teller and she knows the show's history and most of the characters on the show currently are her creation.  Ron has good ideas, but, the execution leaves a lot to be desired.  Sherry is only a consultant, so, she does not have a lot of control.  Ron is rushing Horita, we should have seen them locked up. Sherry did the same thing with Jarlena during the pit storyline.  Marlena was lured by an unstable patient of hers, Stella Lombard, who threw her in a pit, in an abandoned warehouse that was set to be detonated. John found her and he helped her through her claustrophobia and fear. They leaned on each other and their dormant feelings for each other were awakened. It was the real beginning of  John and Marlena, bonding as Jarlena. Not, John as Roman.  Before the pit storyline, I wanted Roman and Marlena to be together.  Sherry's impeccable writing made me their fan..

I too loved Viki's DID storyline.  What was so good about it was that Michael Malone who wrote it. hinted at it, from the moment, that Megan died and Viki later met Sloan Carpenter. It took a long time for Viki's psyche to shatter.  Jessica's DID was offensive because it was a retcon by Dena Higley. She destroyed Jessica's character and Ron added to it more..

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I wish that Sherry was co- headwriter with Ron.  Sherry is a master story teller and she knows the show's history and most of the characters on the show currently are her creation.  Ron has good ideas, but, the execution leaves a lot to be desired.  Sherry is only a consultant, so, she does not have a lot of control.

Sounds like they would make a great team.  One with a sense of classic soap story telling, and another with a sense of whimsy that could revitialize it.

8 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Jessica's DID was offensive because it was a retcon by Dena Higley. She destroyed Jessica's character and Ron added to it more..

Thanks for the Higley correction.  That storyline was offensive.  I seem to remember a year or so after they brought back a crazed Victor Lord, a Llanview cop said something like 'remember when that crazy guy who was posing as the late Victor Lord?'  Now that's a retcon I can stand behind!

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I too loved Viki's DID storyline.  What was so good about it was that Michael Malone who wrote it. hinted at it, from the moment, that Megan died and Viki later met Sloan Carpenter. It took a long time for Viki's psyche to shatter.

Viki's DID predated Malone, didn't it?  At least the first alter, Niki.

What I hate about Ron DID stories is that we're supposed to enjoy the campy, sexy, bitchy antics of the alter - Tess, Connie, now Gabigail.  But for me personally, I just don't find anything campy or sexy about a manifestation of sexual abuse (at least in Tess and Connie's cases).  And then we always get the moment where the real personality comes back and is horrified about what was going on, ugh, it's so icky.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
41 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Viki's DID predated Malone, didn't it?  At least the first alter, Niki.

What I hate about Ron DID stories is that we're supposed to enjoy the campy, sexy, bitchy antics of the alter - Tess, Connie, now Gabigail.  But, to me, I just don't find anything campy or sexy about a manifestation of sexual abuse (at least in Tess and Connie's cases).  And then we always get the moment where the real personality comes back and is horrified about what was going on, ugh, it's so icky.

Viki's DID predates Malone, he used that history to deal with the cause of it. I think Malone wanted to put an end to Viki constantly dissociating and that story was meant to do that. However, Ron and other writers used her DID as way to write stories for Viki, when they had no idea what to do with her.  I don't think Ron really gets how DID works and why the Niki alter even existed. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Viki's DID predates Malone, he used that history to deal with the cause of it. I think Malone wanted to put an end to Viki constantly disassociating and that story was meant to do that. However, Ron and other writers used her DID as way to write stories for Viki, when they had no idea what to do with her.  I don't think Ron really gets how DID works and why the Niki alter even existed. 

You are right.  In the original SL, Nicki hated Vicki, and wanted to destroy her.  At that time, both Joe and Victor were still alive.  Nicki showed up again when Tina was on the show, and it was revealed Tina was Vicki's half-sister. After that, Nicki would occasionally pop up when needed to give Vicki an out.  Malone's SL should have been the final Vicki DID SL.  Not only, do professionals question whether DID is real, it's not as simple as its portrayed on TV and in the movies.  Also, if one of the personalities is proven to be dangerous, a simple, "Oh she's integrated again.  No worries." will not solve everything.

I wish this was going to be the end of Slappy.  She tries to kill Gabi, sets herself on fire instead, and is dead dead dead forever.

I forgot to mention Todd dressed up as Vicki in the dream episode was hilarious.  Although Kevin and Mac on GH are my all time favorite cross dressing spies.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 4

So still nothing about Steve?  Obviously we won't be going back to the cliffhanger, so who knows what will be going on next time we see him.

Rafe and Hope are just so sickening.  Did Rafe find just one box of patio lights, or a whole shipment?  At least we did't have to see Rafe join Hope in the shower.  And why is the minister/justice of peace at the cabin. They'd still need witnesses, right? 

And so now Claire knows the big secret!  Yawn.

Yeah, not enjoying watching Gabigail throw herself at Stefan. And, if it's even possible, I think MM is doing a worse job as Gabby, than Abby. I used to like her as Abby, but now I wonder if I only thought I liked her acting because she wasn't Kate Mansi. 

I guess it was too much to expect Brady would tell Eve he was playing her. I still hope Eve is playing him, but it's looking less and less that way.

Not a very exciting Friday. 

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, buffynut said:

Yeah, not enjoying watching Gabigail throw herself at Stefan. And, if it's even possible, I think MM is doing a worse job as Gabby, than Abby. I used to like her as Abby, but now I wonder if I only thought I liked her acting because she wasn't Kate Mansi. 

She does not have the acting skills to make it believable as a person suffering from DID. Erika Slezak gave a master class in acting, switching from Viki to Jean, to Tommy, to Princess, right back to Jean pretending to be Viki in one scene. Once Niki showed up and then Tori, it was truly amazing.  The piece de resistance, was when the alter Victor showed up to make sure that the secret of the incest was never revealed by Viki.  It sounds like a parody, but, it was acting, at it's finest...

• Love 10
16 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

She does not have the acting skills to make it believable as a person suffering from DID. Erika Slezak gave a master class in acting, switching from Viki to Jean, to Tommy, to Princess, right back to Jean pretending to be Viki in one scene. Once Niki showed up and then Tori, it was truly amazing.  The piece de resistance, was when the alter Victor showed up to make sure that the secret of the incest was never revealed by Viki.  It sounds like a parody, but, it was acting, at it's finest...

Erika Slezak is a great actress, and the writers had the history to build the SL on.  The original Vicki/Nicki SL occurred before Clint had ever met Vicki, and it involved several other characters organically in the story.  When Nicki got out again, Vicki was married to Clint, Tina was claiming to be Victor's daughter with Irene Manning (which was true), and Mitch Lord made his first appearance in Landview.  Ironically, when Mitch killed Harry, it lead to an interesting conversation between Asa and Didi (Harry's daughter).  Didi, "I thought you hated my father."  Asa, "I was jealous of him.  I thought Bo liked him better than me."

There are so many problems with the Rafe/Hope stuff.  It's so forced, and they were paired together because with Sami gone, Rafe's no longer needed.  Sami drove all those SLs, and Rafe was brought on because Ken Corday didn't like Sami/EJ and he stupidly said Lucas couldn't handle Sami.  Whatever.

They had a good actress in Jen Lilley, and the character of Theresa could have eventually taken on the kind of SLs Sami, Kate, and Nicole had, but the writers couldn't be bothered to do anything besides say Theresa is bad.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

They had a good actress in Jen Lilley, and the character of Theresa could have eventually taken on the kind of SLs Sami, Kate, and Nicole had, but the writers couldn't be bothered to do anything besides say Theresa is bad.

That was before Carlavati, though.

• Love 1

With Andre dead, why can't DiMera rehire Gabi?  Because Stefan won't allow it?

So Gabigail knows that she's in Abby's body, huh?

Theree is no such word as "deservant", Brady.

"Nobody knows that Rafe slept with Sami except for Rafe and the two os uf."  Er, I think Sami knows, Tripp.

Stefano, talking to Abigail's alter ego, "Don't call Abigail crazy."  Uh ...

Speaking of Vivian, where is she?

Is it only raining on Smith Island, and not in town?  You would think by now that people would know that nothing good ever happens on Smith Island.

• Love 7

Still say Erika Slezak would be all wrong for Jo. Too...upper-crust vibe, even when playing lower class. But then, I have a feeling Jo is dead now (and pretty sure Vern is, her last love, since Wayne Heffley passed away.). So it's probably moot.

In all honesty, and no offense to her, I don't think the show should have recast with Marilyn McIntyre. Jo should have died with Joy Garrett.

(Still recall how emotional Matt Ashford got at...I think it was the SOD Awards, when he won, and thanked Garrett, who had died just that day. Or the day before.)

• Love 2
6 hours ago, nilyank said:

I wish Eve was playing Brady in order to get him to spill who killed Deimos.

Why did Hope call Rafe by the name Alejandro? That’s not his name.

Rafe''s middle name is Alejandro: Rafael Alejandro Hernandez....I think I remember his Mama calling him that one time(BTW: whatever happened to Mama?  Rafe should at least call her to tell her he is getting married)

• Love 2

Brady, your web of lies and semi lies and half truths will catch up with you. You never learn and will not grow up.

Funny how it is raining in Salem in February. And Rafe found all of those patio lights and a tent? And there is a priest wandering around the island at night? Where is the ferry? Will he need to pay the ferryman with his life?

Abigail is not very interesting as Gabigail. She's a very dull version of Gabi. Emotionless. Stefan is right that she will chase after anyone named DiMera - like they are dog biscuits for her. Chad is just a placeholder til she finds someone else. Questioning Abigail's mental health? Um, yeah.

Claire, do keep in mind that there is something called karma. I would be at my wit's end living at that apartment with all the dysfunctional and catty behavior and would move out. Maybe the audience will be spared at having to hear her non-existent song.

• Love 6

Gabigail makes no sense and I see no difference between her and Abby except a wig. but I like Tyler Christopher, so I am suffering through it.

KdP's hair has grown out a bit and she is styling it differently and she looks terrific. I hope Eve is playing Brady somewhere under all of this and she does not get her heart broken. She will never be to me the older version of Charlotte Ross, and should have just been a different character, but this incarnation, without Paige and the fighting with Jennifer over Jack's book proceeds (I think that's what that storyline was about?) is kind of working for me.

• Love 9