Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, lb60 said:

Not that it helps you now, but it aired on Cozi tv today.  NBC10 often switches over to that channel if they know there is going to be breaking news.  The parade, and Jason Kelce, was EPIC!!!

Yes, I remembered to check that channel and there it was!  And Jason Kelce is a nut, dressing up like a green Mummer and talking like a pro-wrestler--the Underdog bites back indeed :):)

On Days, I did like Paul and Will investigating together and of course we have the drama of Paul's getting kidnapped--YIKES!!

Lani continues to suck--she is not a good woman or cop or anything at all--we're not supposed to see her as a heroine are we?

• Love 5
53 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Lani continues to suck--she is not a good woman or cop or anything at all--we're not supposed to see her as a heroine are we?

To be fair, the stereotypical heroines are no longer liked, they are called boring and sanctimonious. It is the villainesses and anti-heroines who are now popular with the viewers.  Most people on this board hate Carrie and love Sami.  So, Lani should be liked, since she is doing bad stuff. I guess people just don't like the actress.

• Love 4

What Valerie did was unethical and illegal, but it's the only reason I give a damn about Lani and her baby drama.  I was skipping most of Lani's scenes until Valerie inserted herself into the situation.  Vanessa Williams' awesome-ness actually makes me want to sit through Sal Stowers trying to act her way out of a wet paper bag.  I guess the Universe is in harmony now.  

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

To be fair, the stereotypical heroines are no longer liked, they are called boring and sanctimonious. It is the villainesses and anti-heroines who are now popular with the viewers.  Most people on this board hate Carrie and love Sami.  So, Lani should be liked, since she is doing bad stuff. I guess people just don't like the actress.

I blame it on bad writing. For example, Jennifer was a heroine who was interesting and had layers. However with her storylines tied to Daniel was off putting. When she is strong and smart and focused on her family, friends and her career, I think she is pretty great.

As for Lani, she made things worse when she allowed JJ to believe if he was the father. She comes off as if she is protecting her relationship with JJ. Not JJ or her baby. She didnt give JJ the chance to be there for her even if she was having someone else's baby. 

• Love 8
14 hours ago, boes said:

You said it perfectly.  It's JJ's fault that she lied about him being the baby's father, it was JJ's fault that she slept with Eli, it will be Eli's fault if things blow up with JJ, and I'm pretty sure it's somebody's fault that she's such a total asshole.

I do love JJ, always have since he first came back to Salem.  Even in his bad boy days I loved him.  Giving Jenn and the dreadful Daniel grief was pretty wonderful.  Casey Moss lights up the screen every time he's on IMO.

I do love Abe, but even when he's in a good mood, he's still just so stuffy.  He's the sort of guy I always expect to hear say "Harummpf!!", or "You kids get off my lawn".  

I may be in the minority but I'm enjoying the Steve poisoning storyline - mostly because of Kayla and Steve.  It's nice to see them facing a problem together without feeling like Kayla is being put upon because of something Steve did or brought into her life.  In any case, they're the best couple IMO on Days.

I really enjoyed Ciara today, never liked her so much  - and that's totally because she wasn't on.  Way to go, Show!

Amen to Lani as character and as actress [of sorts]. She can't carry her lunch in a bag, much less the scenes she's given. Casey Moss saves the scenes where they're together--he can sell pretty much anything.

Abe as Major Hoople? That one's gonna stick with me.

And agreed re Steve and Kayla--they're what got me back to watching again. As opposed to Ciara, in either version--nuttin'.

2 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

What Valerie did was unethical and illegal, but it's the only reason I give a damn about Lani and her baby drama.  I was skipping most of Lani's scenes until Valerie inserted herself into the situation.  Vanessa Williams' awesome-ness actually makes me want to sit through Sal Stowers trying to act her way out of a wet paper bag.  I guess the Universe is in harmony now.  

I love Vanessa Williams! Minimalist actress who looks great in everything, and who doesn't rely on the SOAPY STARE or other soap classic techniques to work a scene.

And...I'm happy to see Carrie again--always liked the actress; she has a nice edge and looks great, IMO.

• Love 6

I was not able to watch the whole episode but what I saw was pretty great--I liked Paul's fighting the bad guy and then being believably winded after the struggle--it's the little things that make a scene :)

I also thought CM played Will's fear rather well--at first, he thought he could talk his way out and win John over but when they got to the DiMera mausoleum , he looked genuinely worried.

Kayla and Steve are always enjoyable together--they deserve a better storyline than this.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Kayla and Steve are always enjoyable together--they deserve a better storyline than this.

What's wrong with this storyline?

Thomas is missing Andre?  I would think Andre would freak any little kid out.

Andre saw the best in people?  Really?

Why is Chad not shocked and upset that the cops have arrested Gabi for the murder?

Nice for a stranger to recognize Paul as a baseball player.

John can't see Will has his phone on?

Trask is still the DA, huh?

Marlena is trying frantically to contact John about Steve's condition.  Has anybody told Stephanie, or even Tripp, who's still in the same town?

Well, are we anviling that Will is going to get his memory back now?  And it's very convenient that Sonny's divorce papers haven't been filed yet.

• Love 7
18 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

What's wrong with this storyline?

Marlena is trying frantically to contact John about Steve's condition.  Has anybody told Stephanie, or even Tripp, who's still in the same town?

Giving Steve a strange random illness that is actually being caused by his friend poisoning him makes Steve the victim--I'd rather see him and Kayla actively investigating together and uncovering John's wrongdoing.  I'm used to seeing Steve as a more action oriented character and yes, Tripp should be right there by his dad's side, offering support.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 4

I think the Sonny/Justin conversation is just Ron tricking us into thinking Will is going to remember something. I can't see him remembering at this point, maybe something small but definitely not his whole life and who knows what he may recall. Ideally, I want Will to retain his current personality (if his memories do come back at some point) and choose Paul in the end. 

I didn't mind Sonny today towards the end of his scenes; he reminded me a little bit of the old Sonny. I really wonder what they're going to do with the character since his whole SL today revolved around Will. I know FS contract is up at the end of the month and he is still filming currently. I'm extremely curious if he is going to actually renew the contract since I'm pretty doubtful. 

Greg R is also starting to air in March so Will remembering everything/something but STILL not wanting Sonny may be what prompts Sonny to move on. I loved Paul and Will's scenes these past couple of days and I'm so happy we're getting a slow burn with them. I'm hoping they are endgame, which is what I'm sort of predicting. I think Paul/Will are the rooting pair here, I've never been so excited over a DAYS couple in years and it's so refreshing. They suit each other so perfectly in terms of personality. Will is unpredictable and impulsive (like Sami) and Paul is steady and grounded, so they both benefit from each others qualities. 

I also wonder if Paul and Will are going to be locked in captivity for the next little bit, until the SL resolves. I feel like this could make things more interesting. 

Edited by betweenthelines
  • Love 3
On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 10:50 AM, FnkyChkn34 said:

I'm sorry, but what?  Everyone here complains about the rampant nepotism in the lovely fictional Salem PD, noting that everyone gets away with everything even when they are guilty.  But now that it's everyone's beloved (gag) Gabi, people WANT Rafe to show nepotism??  Waffle, much?  There is enough evidence against her to at least keep her for questioning.  He said he believed her that she didn't do it, but he's looking at actual evidence.  For once Rafe is doing his job - but clearly he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.  The character might be a hypocrite, but the fans are too.  

ETA:  Oh, and, Gabi as a murderer is not a far stretch, considering, oh I don't know - she's murdered before!  Call it self defense or whatever you want, but she did the crime and did the time.  She could do it again...  

Ha ha - I agree with everything that you said.  I actually do - but I guess that he's not showing any emotion - maybe that's what it is.  

1 hour ago, Garnett7 said:

Sooooo .. is this a fake John? John's doppelganger? Evil twin?

The Sonny/Justin conversation does seem to be foreshadowing a return of Will's memory. Eh. It's more fun if he never remembers, IMO.

He will remember, as soon as, he commits to Paul and Sonny has moved on... John, Steve, Hope all regained their memories.. Steve, like Will, rejected Kayla and fixated, not only on Ava, but, Billie, as well.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

Is someone having a bad dream and there will be a reset coming?

Will will remember at some point, most likely when it will cause some unfortunate complications.

Is John really Shane or something? No real idea of why Steve is to be killed and why by poison that seems to be undetectable. There are faster and easier ways to do so. And of course someone from the DiMeras will come to visit Andre.

Abby seems far too kind to Andre. He wasn't Mr. Wonderful. Maybe she needs to spend time with people like Hattie. Thomas is probably thinking the older dark haired dude went on holiday. Or decided to move.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Garnett7 said:

The Sonny/Justin conversation does seem to be foreshadowing a return of Will's memory. Eh. It's more fun if he never remembers, IMO.

I wish they would take the "General Hospital" take and commit to a beloved character never getting their memory back. 

I'm not the biggest Jason fan but I have respected that they have stuck with the permanent amnesia for his charcter.

I wish they would do this with Will. He isn't a completely different person, but he is different enough to remain a permanent amnesiac and still keep his core self. 

• Love 2

Shane remembered his life with Kim as well. He was presumed dead after an explosion.  Shane's disappearance lasted for a few weeks and he kept on having dreams of Kim, but, did not know who she was.  He came back to Kim, on the night, that a vulnerable, grieving, Kim had sex with Cal.. He walked in on them.  Once Shane remembered, all hell broke loose.. 

Mickey, as an amnesiac, met Maggie and they fell in love during his time on that farm. He also regained his memories.. Speaking of Mickey, I think that he must be the only male character that was ever sterile, in the history of soaps. It is how it was discovered that he was not Mike's father. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
26 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

I'm not the biggest Jason fan but I have respected that they have stuck with the permanent amnesia for his charcter.

Ironically, his permanent amnesia destroyed his character, IMO.

I remember fans wanting Jason to regain his memories and becoming horrified at the type of man that he became.  

There were rumors that the show wanted Jason to regain his memories, but, the actor refused to play that story.

• Love 3

Jason doesn't have amnesia, he has brain damage from the accident that turned him into Jason Morgan and wiped out his memory. the brain damage also has something to do with being unable to read maps and understand what a photograph represents. there also used to be something about not being able to lie, but that fell by the wayside awhile ago. disclaimer: haven't watched GH in several years

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Garnett7 said:

I'm wondering that too. Maybe, and that's a big maybe, John would agree to kill Steve for the ISA, especially if they were threatening Marlena. But I don't believe he'd kill Will. And no way would he kill Paul, his only recently found son.  Family means everything to John. He would kill himself first.  

7 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Is someone having a bad dream and there will be a reset coming?

I thought of that too.  Remember the day EVERYONE was dreaming, maybe someone is still asleep. Abby probably, since she's so obsessed with Andre, and she keeps having that recurring dream about finding Andre's body. 

• Love 6
14 hours ago, leela46 said:

John never regained his pre Salem memories did he? I know his past has been rewritten a thousand times, but I think he still doesn't remember anything.

I believe that John remembers his past with the Alamains.  I think the memory loss starts with the assassin school with Eduardo up until he came to Salem as Roman.

• Love 2

After a second thought, I think John is having to fake kill Will & Paul to keep his cover. He knows he's being watched and has to do this to sell it. Although anyone who half-way knows him would never buy that he'd kill Paul. Anyhow, this will lead to Will & Paul having to lay low somewhere, together, and getting closer. As soon as they sleep together, Will will instantly regain all his memories and Paul will get the shaft. Again.

I don't care for the Jason Morgan character either but I can appreciate that GH never let him get his old memories back. It'd take balls that DOOL doesn't have to do the same with Will.

• Love 5
On 2/8/2018 at 10:18 PM, Frozendiva said:

Abe has come a long way from hating JJ a few weeks ago to more or less welcoming him to the family. It is still not necessary to get married. Valerie did say some pretty smart things today, so I will give her that.

Lani is to blame for Lani. Her choices do have consequences. JJ has nothing to do with her lying about him being the daddy. It is not JJs fault that she and Eli hooked up. She could have knocked on JJs door and that would have led to a different story. No one forced her to be with Eli. Eli is also old enough to use protection. Surely he keeps some around.  As is Lani. She also could have gone to the drugstore to get the morning after pill, if necessary. She also made the choice to go to Eli's instead of going home and getting upset about seeing JJ and Gabi, and jumping to all sorts of conclusions - her fears and her issues - and just did... nothing.

Will, it is probably not a good idea to confront John. And Paul, this private eye stuff isn't working for you.

Claire, don't count your magazine cover chickens before they hatch.

Yep.  Bet Ciara get in on it too.

You know, I honestly get that Lani could feel enormous pressure to not hurt or send JJ into further depths of despair over what his life had become, and chose, in that moment, to lie about the paternity. It's just how she interacts with Gabi, Eli, and others involved that turns me against her character. Chatting with Gabi about mood swings when she should honestly want to shut down any talk of the baby ASAP. Acting like Eli is an ass one minute then begging him to keep her secrets the next. Plus, the fact that the timeline for the pregnancy is not going to work. How is she going to get around that? She is a mess and not in any endearing way that I can think of. 

Steve smooching Kayla during his resuscitation should come across as so ridiculous, but they make that kind of foolishness work. They have something this show wishes it could replicate but never, in a million years, will. I love them. 

Edited by Rowan
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Rowan said:

Steve smooching Kayla during his resuscitation should come across as so ridiculous, but they make that kind of foolishness work. They have something this show wishes it could replicate but never, in a million years, will. I love them. 

Same here. Kim and Shane have that same type of magic.. A longing look, a tentative touch, while their theme song is being played, softly, in the background, just elevated whatever was going in the scene.. The show used to nurture their supercouples, like a parent would nurture their child.  It is why they remain so popular after all this time.

Marty Davich who went on to work on ER was a real asset to the show, for many years.. He wrote songs for everybody.  Most of the characters had an individual theme song and a  theme song that they had in their coupling. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6

An example of Kim and Shane. Kim has gotten hit by a car. She is in a coma.  As always, Shane is Kim's Knight in shining armor, imploring her, to wake up..

This accident is what triggered her alters, Claire and Lacey to emerge. Kim will finally have to deal with her abusive past, once and for all.

• Love 3
On 2/9/2018 at 9:12 PM, Tress said:

Ha ha - I agree with everything that you said.  I actually do - but I guess that he's not showing any emotion - maybe that's what it is.  

Yeah, I can see that. But neither was Eli. So I wonder why the writers don't want them to? They think police detectives should be stoic I guess. 

• Love 2

Of course Brady thinks relaunching a magazine that hasn't been heard of since the 90s is "genius".

If this show had any basis in reality, we'd be watching he and Jennifer "journalist" Horton burn through their fortunes trying to keep these vanity projects afloat in the floundering print industry. I'd sure get a kick out of that...imagine the look on Victor's face once Blockhead has to tell him he burned through several million...or the look on Maggie's face when Jennifer has to sell her house for the sake of the newspaper. Priceless.

Sure, fine...they're "doing it online", but do you really think either of these nimrods has the first clue how to generate ad sales online or drive up website traffic?

Claire, if you really want attention just write good music and find yourself an agent. It's not like you haven't had plenty of fuel for a good album or two. In the last two years you've helped a friend deal with rape, then ended up fighting with her over a boy, been kidnapped and held hostage on TV, lost your virginity, been betrayed by two close female friends and nearly lost your boyfriend when he was shot. Taylor Swift could have easily written six albums by now!

Am I misremembering or was Eve going to open up some kind of music school in honor of Paige using money from Eduardo? Whatever happened to that? I'd be a lot more interested in that plot line then this nonsense of her and Brady dating. At least she looked really nice on Wednesday in her dress and necklace. I still can't wrap my head around how willing she is to sleep with Theresa's fiancee though.

I really hope Ron is smart enough to give Tripp his own storyline with his own villains and love interest at some point in the coming months. He's been getting nothing but sloppy seconds since he showed up (the Ava/Joey/Jade shit, Ciara/Theo/Claire, etc).

Lani's ominous "if" regarding Abe and Valerie potentially getting married officially turned me against this character even more than I was before. Is she now willing to sabotage her father's first relationship since his wife died out of anger against the woman who found out her incredibly stupid lie? Seriously guys, if she tries to come for Valerie I'm going to completely lose it. This character is loathsome. And I still don't have the faintest clue why she's even bothering to lie in the first place. The show keeps trying to write this as though JJ's sanity depends on him having something to live for. I don't buy that. The dude comes from extraordinarily beloved family with plenty of money and friends. He has been forgiven for his mistakes more than once and has plenty to live for. He doesn't need this stupid baby or the lie that he's its father. Lani cannot keep this up forever and doesn't seem to actually love JJ at all. So why bother?

• Love 4

Regarding the video of "Gabby" entering Andre's office, I keep thinking about the shoes. Did the woman have on the same exact shoes as Gabby that day? That would have taken some planning. You can clearly see the shoes in the video so shouldn't Gabby have noticed if they weren't the same? 

• Love 6
11 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I really hope Ron is smart enough to give Tripp his own storyline with his own villains and love interest at some point in the coming months. He's been getting nothing but sloppy seconds since he showed up (the Ava/Joey/Jade shit, Ciara/Theo/Claire, etc).

I am so with you on this.  The kid's a good actor and he deserves more then being in the middle of a love triangle.  He should be involved in his dad's storyline as they search for a medical cure and then Tripp can realize his true calling and go to med school :)

On today's episode, I can see why innocent people plead guilty to crimes they didn't commit, particularly if they're a repeat offender.  The possibility of doing nine years as opposed to life would be appealing, but Gabi says she didn't kill Andre and I believe her and I like that she has so many people in her corner.

The Kate/Lucas scenes were adorable--the two actors play very well against each other.  And Kate can't help being controlling, it's who she is :)

• Love 5
4 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

Regarding the video of "Gabby" entering Andre's office, I keep thinking about the shoes. Did the woman have on the same exact shoes as Gabby that day? That would have taken some planning. You can clearly see the shoes in the video so shouldn't Gabby have noticed if they weren't the same? 

You are so much smarter than anyone in the Salem PD.  Never in a million years will they think of that.

Unless they say Gabi was so upset she left her shoes behind as well as her coat.

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, boes said:

You are so much smarter than anyone in the Salem PD.  Never in a million years will they think of that.

Unless they say Gabi was so upset she left her shoes behind as well as her coat.

I think that Abigail's alter did the crime and framed Gabi for being with Chad... I wonder if Ron is going to be give her a name that rhymes with Abigail..

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I think that Abigail's alter did the crime and framed Gabi for being with Chad... I wonder if Ron is going to be give her a name that rhymes with Abigail..

Maybe Abigail's other personality IS Gabi.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

Maybe he'll stick with having it rhyme just with Abby.  Lets see, lets see, we could get ....  Crabby or Flabby.  Or Shabby, Tabby or ... Gabby!

If he sticks with Abigail, then maybe her name would be Horsetail, Gray Whale or Mink Whale.  There's always Blackmail, Hay Bale or my personal favorite, Clydesdale.

So many possibilities.......

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, nilyank said:

I am certain that he will and think himself oh so clever.

I think you guys are clever coming up with the idea.  I would never have thought of it.  It's fun though trying to figure out if you're right, and if they are dropping any clues.  Like maybe in Abby's dreams. Especially when she was zombie Abby today.

Now what is up with John. Will he succeed in killing Steve?  And what did Kate find when she FINALLY opened the mausoleum door? Tune in tomorrow... LOL.  

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

4 hours ago, Vince1178 said:

Maybe Abigail's other personality IS Gabi.

How about Gabigail? :)

• Love 6

Gabi has been wearing light blue fingernail polish since before the murder...very obvious.  If they can see “the murderer’s” hands, we can tell it’s not Gabi.

Edited by Nonnie
Spelling
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Nonnie said:

Gabi has been wearing light blue fingernail polish since before the murder...very obvious.  If they can see “the murderer’s” hands, we can tell it’s not Gabi.

There is no way Rafe would think of that--you're smarter then the Salem PD :):)

I kind of love Chad's paying Gabi's bail and you just know Stefan's going to throw that in Abby's face--DRAMA :):)

• Love 7
On 2/10/2018 at 6:19 PM, Garnett7 said:

I don't care for the Jason Morgan character either but I can appreciate that GH never let him get his old memories back. It'd take balls that DOOL doesn't have to do the same with Will.

I wouldn't mind another soap story where a character never gets his old memories back, but I don't feel Will is right for that. Unlike Jason, he was off the canvas for a while. Unlike Jason, a number of his significant relationships are either offscreen (like Sami) or hardly seen (like Lucas). Unlike Jason, Will's amnesia has served to connect him to only one new person, Paul, whereas Jason Morgan entered an entire sphere he'd never been in before, the mob, which was completely antithetical to nice guy Jason Q. Jason Morgan was almost completely different from Jason Q, while amnesiac Will doesn't really differ much personality-wise from Will. That might be the most important point of all, because a couple of years in, an amnesiac character will have gotten to know all the people he/she doesn't remember, and if the amnesiac's personality isn't significantly different, it just ends up feeling like the same as before the character lost their memory.

Basically the only thing to be gotten out of Will never getting his memories back is Horita as endgame. That's too little payoff for such a major choice. Jason Q becoming Jason Morgan had so many more ramifications than just his breaking up with Keesha and getting involved with Robin and Carly.

That is what I like about the idea. That Will isn't an entirely different person. He is just slightly different, but different enough for it to be a reset. 

I do agree with you that New Will should be branching out, outside of Marlena and Paul. 

Lucas and Kate have totally been shafted in that aspect. As much as I love the Will/Marlena relationship. The reality is Kate was always the dominant grandparent/ 3rd parent in Will's life. 

• Love 6

Hope, didn't you think it a bit weird to give Carrie a hand-delivered wedding invitation? If she and Austin do live in Switzerland, it would take at least a week or so for it to be delivered unless you couriered it to them or scanned it and sent it as an email attachment. Which would give Carrie and Austin a week to get time off work, find a babysitter for the kid (I don't remember if we ever got a name), and go to Salem. Not likely to happen. And maybe a bit odd in that Sami used to be married to him and he and Carrie had a fling. Just sayin'.

Still surprised that Salem Hospital has free coffee on its floors.  That is a thing of the past and most likely not all that sanitary or hygienic.

It sure took Kate a long time to open the mausoleum doors to find....

Don't know if Abigail has an alter or some sort of dissociation. I do remember the camera focusing on her dress and Gabi's coat.

I would think that Stefan's security upgrade would let the old system be active til the new one was up and running.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

Lucas and Kate have totally been shafted in that aspect. As much as I love the Will/Marlena relationship. The reality is Kate was always the dominant grandparent/ 3rd parent in Will's life. 

I always hated that Kate was not a part of Will's coming out.  Will always meant so much to her.  Mophead Will always got her to back down from constantly attacking Sami. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Black Knight said:

Basically the only thing to be gotten out of Will never getting his memories back is Horita as endgame. That's too little payoff for such a major choice. Jason Q becoming Jason Morgan had so many more ramifications than just his breaking up with Keesha and getting involved with Robin and Carly.

Ron is pretty good at writing a couple, but, he can be very vindictive in his writing to get to his desired ending. I loved Eli and Blair on One life to live, they were very popular and Ron had no problems trashing Eli to reunite Blair with Todd. I would not count Wilson out, yet.  He did the same thing with Carly and AJ. I thought it was great that they were sleeping with each other. I wanted it to turn into more, but, Ron disappointed the fans once again.. I loved how he built up the AJ/Michael relationship.  AJ was getting his life back, he was connecting with Monica and was the center of her world, not Jason.  He later killed off AJ, destroying AJ's chance to recuperate everything that Sonny took from him.. Horita could be the couple for now, but, don't be surprise if Ron trashes them to reunite Wilson..

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Black Knight said:

I wouldn't mind another soap story where a character never gets his old memories back, but I don't feel Will is right for that. Unlike Jason, he was off the canvas for a while. Unlike Jason, a number of his significant relationships are either offscreen (like Sami) or hardly seen (like Lucas). Unlike Jason, Will's amnesia has served to connect him to only one new person, Paul, whereas Jason Morgan entered an entire sphere he'd never been in before, the mob, which was completely antithetical to nice guy Jason Q. Jason Morgan was almost completely different from Jason Q, while amnesiac Will doesn't really differ much personality-wise from Will. That might be the most important point of all, because a couple of years in, an amnesiac character will have gotten to know all the people he/she doesn't remember, and if the amnesiac's personality isn't significantly different, it just ends up feeling like the same as before the character lost their memory.

I'm personally fine with Will's memories coming back, since it will cause maximum drama, but only if Will retains his currently personality. I don't think his memories returning will completely destroy the Will and Paul dynamic at all; I think by the time we get to this point Will is going to be well involved with Paul. Leaving him to make a decision once his memories return of Sonny. They did this to make Will the centre of the triangle, because frankly Sonny isn't desirable or interesting enough to be the centre. Kudos to Ron for making this change and also exploring Horita like it should have been explored years ago.

When it comes to Sonny he is SO different from the guy Will once remembered, I honestly don't think they are even compatible any more. Personally, I think we're in for the inevitable Wilson reunion once they come back, but ultimately I can see Will choosing Paul. I don't think Wilson works anymore and this is coming from someone who was their biggest fan. CS and CM's chemistry has completely sold me on Horita.

Edited by betweenthelines
  • Love 5

Those were very nice scenes today between Kate and Lucas, weren't they?   They're both good actors who inhabit their characters well and IMO never miss a beat of authenticity with the both of them.

There's low energy, and then there's Marlena.  Poor Doc, I hate it when she needs to have her battery replaced and TPTB delay doing so.  She was slowing down on Friday, evident in the little reaction she had to Steve passing out and almost dying.  Today I swear I could see her flickering like a faulty flashlight, ready to fail at any moment.  I was expecting John to give her a shake to see if there was any life left in her at all.

giphy.gif

Hopefully with a couple triple AA's, Marlena should be up and running in no time!

The crack Salem PD must be ON crack, to have Gabi's brother and boyfriend being the lead investigators on her case.  But then again, this is the town that calls Trask "very good at her job" because she always loses??

• Love 9

Okay, @boes, you always make me laugh, but if we are going to talk about Marlena with diminishing Energizers, what about Abigail?  She is positively coma inducing (that may cancel itself out).  I feel drowsy just watching her try to eke out a sentence.  No wonder Chad is bailing Gabi out of jail. He just doesn't want to fall into the coma.

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, bannana said:

Okay, @boes, you always make me laugh, but if we are going to talk about Marlena with diminishing Energizers, what about Abigail?  She is positively coma inducing (that may cancel itself out).  I feel drowsy just watching her try to eke out a sentence.  No wonder Chad is bailing Gabi out of jail. He just doesn't want to fall into the coma.

Oh, I agree.  I wondered if that cinnamon twist she had going on in her hair was cutting off the flow of blood to all her organs today.  

Chad was looking at her like he'd just realized he'd woken up to find himself in a relationship with a Chatty Cathy doll who'd had her vocal cords cut.  

There's something in the Salem water......

• Love 6