Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Aw, Ciara, and here I was defending you.

And Abe, PLEASE shut up about JJ. You're disgusting.

Why did Rafe tell JJ to come down to the station before knowing what the results of the investigation would be?

This doctor shows up out of nowhere and decides to do a procedure right then and there?

"Your dude Harold let me in."

Er, Ciara, you haven't really known Claire all that long.  She lived on a boat most of her life.

"Abe will go ballistic if he knows you're here."  What?  You mean, at her workplace?

Rafe should have told Abe to take the job and shove it.

• Love 5

I've missed more shows this week than I've seen, including yesterday, and most of today.

I did see the beginning with Ciara and Rafe today. And If I hadn't read the summary from yesterday, I would have had no idea what Ciara was upset about. For a show that thrives on flashbacks, you think they'd at least have shown the Sami and Rafe conversation that Ciara was remembering hearing.  Or did she not actually "see" them, but really just "hear" them talking.  I assume, though, if yesterday was AS's last day, they didn't want to have to pay her for the flashback. Still ended up being sloppy story telling.

• Love 3

Oh man, I don't know who we're supposed to see as more unhinged, Ciara or Abe.  Abe is consumed with punishing JJ as though JJ set out to shoot Theo and I kind of liked Rafe standing up to him.  And what was with the crazy music playing during Hope and Ciara's conversation?  I liked that Hope was trying to get through Ciara's irrational hatred of Claire--they were close and they did love each other and Ciara needs to get a grip on actual reality.  I am not enjoying watching her attack Claire especially with such an insanely flimsy reason.

Chad's yelling at Kate was superb and the pain on his face when he said that he wouldn't be making the mistake of thinking of her as his mother again was just gorgeously played.  Let the fall out begin :)

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 9

Between JJ reading about "an eye for an eye" last week, him getting his gun back today, and Abe wanting to punish JJ, it certainly feels like something bad is going to happen. But surely they aren't going to have Abe try to kill JJ.  And if JJ shoots himself, I can't see how it wouldn't be fatal, and I hope they're not going to kill JJ off.  This being spoiler-free is interesting, and frustrating at the same time.  I want to peek at spoilers... must stay strong. LOL.

I wish Abe wasn't the angry father of the boy who was shot.  Or I wish JJ wasn't the shooter.  Abe acting like he hasn't known JJ and the Hortons forever, seems so out of character. 

She's definitely got a "chip on her shoulder" but I don't hate nu-nu-Ciara.  I think she'll be ok once she gets some less angry scenes, as she can act, and changes from angry to sweet from scene to scene. The actress certainly isn't overweight, but with her wider face and full head of hair, it really shows how thin KA actually is.

The Theo storyline has really given both the Lani and Claire actors a chance to show their acting skills.  

Still can't decide if I like Tripp or not. I keep feeling sorry for Joey (and the actor) who were kicked out of Salem and were simply replaced with a new son.

Wonder how long before Rafe's secret is exposed. And hope when it is, that ends Rope once and for all.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, buffynut said:

She's definitely got a "chip on her shoulder" but I don't hate nu-nu-Ciara.  I think she'll be ok once she gets some less angry scenes, as she can act, and changes from angry to sweet from scene to scene. The actress certainly isn't overweight, but with her wider face and full head of hair, it really shows how thin KA actually is.

The Theo storyline has really given both the Lani and Claire actors a chance to show their acting skills.  

Still can't decide if I like Tripp or not. I keep feeling sorry for Joey (and the actor) who were kicked out of Salem and were simply replaced with a new son.

Oh yes, there were moments in Ciara and Hope's scenes that I saw a genuinely interesting person and yes, the actress has talent but this vindictive streak in vastly unappealing.

I like Tripp, the kid's a good actor and he meshes well in scenes with Steve and Kayla--the actor playing Joey had his moments, but overall, he was very dull and it didn't feel as though he actually fit.

I think Claire's doing a good job with her scenes, but Lani's still kind of crappy.  Unless she's playing a scene with high emotion, she's just kind of bland.

• Love 5

Man, I'm kind of disappointed in Chad.  I wanted him to rip Kate more to shreds.  Take everything from her!  His nephew is still in a coma hanging on.  I wouldn't be trying to protect her for a second.  Now he's keeping the secret from Abby that Theo's shooting only went down because of Kate and JJ is still suffering with his depression. 

Abe needs to chill!  The investigation proved itself.  He literally fired Hope because he was out for blood with JJ.  I get his son is in a coma but he needs to bring it down a few.  I was like Lani get your daddy, he's crazy, please! 

I thought the Ciara and Hope scenes were good, I wish they were longer.  KA/VK have a natural chemistry as mother and daughter.  Ciara is definitely a volcano ready to bust!  All the situations she spoke about, with the exception of her breaking up with Theo, has been out of her control.  I cracked up when Hope claimed Ciara couldn't be vindictive.  Ahem!  History lesson time!  Remember when Ciara cut up Carly's clothes in a fit because her parents weren't together.  Yet this seems like a trait that never goes away with Horton parents that their children are always blameless to a fault.  As for Claire and Ciara scenes, Claire is the last one to be telling someone to grow up!  Her attitude hasn't been a shining example wonderful especially how she treats Theo and plays fickle with between he/Tripp.  Nevertheless both she and Ciara needs to grow up collective but I don't expect that to happen anytime soon!

Rafe is a dumb.  You would think him being an ex FBI agent he would know not to talk about intimate affairs out in the open.  He's only keeping this secret because Sami told him too.  Now she's not there and he's left to deal with his guilt and Ciara's warth.  Oh well.  

Other than that, another good day.  It's so good to watch a soap and don't feel the need to fast forward except when the commercials come on. 

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 7

This WAS a good day, wasn't it?  Even the actors I don't care for, the characters I'm not too taken with, everyone did a good job - well crafted episode all around.

9 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Oh yes, there were moments in Ciara and Hope's scenes that I saw a genuinely interesting person and yes, the actress has talent but this vindictive streak in vastly unappealing.

I think Claire's doing a good job with her scenes,

I agree about Ciara with Hope, there was a familial chemistry.  It was about the first time I've been interested in her.  The constant chip on the shoulder is off-putting and the way she struts her stuff like she even knows what that means has me rolling my eyes, though.  And the motorcycle, gimmeabreak.  

Claire is doing a good job.  She's reminding me of why I liked her so much when she first came on.

8 hours ago, BlackMamba said:

Abe needs to chill!  The investigation proved itself.  He literally fired Hope because he was out for blood with JJ.  I get his son is in a coma but he needs to bring it down a few.  I was like Lani get your daddy, he's crazy, please! 

I thought the Ciara and Hope scenes were good, I wish they were longer.  KA/VK have a natural chemistry as mother and daughter.  Ciara is definitely a volcano ready to bust!  

Other than that, another good day.  It's so good to watch a soap and don't feel the need to fast forward except when the commercials come on. 

One thing about NuCiara, with the recast I'd actually pretty much forgotten about her being raped by Chase.  That explains a lot about her behavior but I didn't take in into consideration really until it was brought out during her and Hope's conversation.  As I remember, Old NuCiara didn't really deal with it much, at least not that we saw, before she left, so perhaprs Ciara's ugly behavior is tied back to that?  I'd believe it.

Abe.....pipe down.  And go home, give Theo a break from the constant anger.  I see they've taken him out of the constant suits and heavy coats and put him in an ugly sweater.  Maybe it's wardrobe that really pisses him off, not JJ.

I'm very interested to see the fall out for Kate with Chad knowing.  Kate, for me, is one of those characters I can't get enough of even though I don't like them much.  That's pretty much all due to Lauren Koslow's good acting.

Edited by boes
  • Love 9

Abe, give it a rest. No, you are not getting JJ's head on a plate, but seriously. You have been a cop for donkey's years. The IA investigation cleared him. Yes, what happened to Theo was awful, but screaming at a young kid is not cool. Vowing revenge - how DiMera for you.

Kate and Chad were pretty good. Let Kate get a taste of her own medicine. It's not going to turn out well when you knew and didn't tell Abs or JJ.

Not hugely invested in Ciara and Claire. 

• Love 5
11 hours ago, boes said:

I agree about Ciara with Hope, there was a familial chemistry.  It was about the first time I've been interested in her.  The constant chip on the shoulder is off-putting and the way she struts her stuff like she even knows what that means has me rolling my eyes, though.  And the motorcycle, gimmeabreak.  

One thing about NuCiara, with the recast I'd actually pretty much forgotten about her being raped by Chase.  That explains a lot about her behavior but I didn't take in into consideration really until it was brought out during her and Hope's conversation.  As I remember, Old NuCiara didn't really deal with it much, at least not that we saw, before she left, so perhaprs Ciara's ugly behavior is tied back to that?  I'd believe it.

I loved Ciara's outrage at finding out Shawn's talked to Hope about Ciara's grudge against Claire.  The brother/sister bond is important but you know what trumps that?  Father/daughter, you psycho!  What dad in their right mind would keep quiet knowing there was a person after their kid?  Especially if the person vowing revenge is a family member.

I think I'd be okay with Ciara's epically bitchy attitude if it was aimed at Rafe because she knows he cheated on her mom or if her anger at Claire stemmed from jealousy that Claire still had a dad and a life purpose but instead it's all about a letter she had no business writing in the first place.  Why isn't Hope more concerned about Ciara's weird obsession with Theo?

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 6

Good twist at the end. I should have seen that coming, but I didn't.   

Missed the very beginning. Did they mention why the Kiriakis mansion looks like it's going into or coming out of being in storage?

So Andre is really falling for Kate, isn't he.  Not sure if that is an ewwwww, or an awwwww.

Guess Gabi going with the dysfunctional Dimeras will mean more drama, but I was hoping she'd decline both offers.

Poor Paul.  It was a short, weird scene, but I almost teared up when he broke down sobbing on John's shoulder.

Sonny is the guy who gets to choose right now. It would be ironic if in the end Paul and Will got together leaving Sonny alone. Looking forward to seeing how it all works out in the end. 

• Love 7

I hate that Will is moving in. I hate how Sonny Handled all of this. I hate how out in the cold Paul is left. Christopher was heartbreaking today. I felt it. 

45 minutes ago, buffynut said:

Sonny is the guy who gets to choose right now. It would be ironic if in the end Paul and Will got together leaving Sonny alone. Looking forward to seeing how it all works out in the end. 

I want Horita so bad I can taste it. I hate the idea of WilSon right now b/c it would give Sonny what he wants. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, buffynut said:

Missed the very beginning. Did they mention why the Kiriakis mansion looks like it's going into or coming out of being in storage?

Eve is remodeling.

"You got knocked down by an old lady?"  I like that Sonny has some humor in his story.

"Eve isn't someone you can trust?" And Kate is?

I would love to see Eve and Justin hooking up, but not now, after the Adrienne storyline.

"My son is the CEO of Titan." Does Brady know that?

Gabi should have stayed independent.

I actually agree with Brady that Victor needs to stop making Brady do all the dirty work and do his own dirty work.

Paul should have told Will that Sonny knows they kissed.

"You don't even like me."  "Oh, I do now."

"I have business experience too."  "As a hooker."  "You were too."

Aw, Paul.

Whoops.  The fight between Brady and Victor was staged.  And I wanted Eve to win.

• Love 6

I knew the fight was staged because as useless as Brady can be, Victor will always have a soft spot for Isabella’s son.

Mentioning Philip as part of the fake fight between them, just highlighted again that Philip is Victor heir. Not boozy Brady or inexperienced Sonny.

Poor Paul. Sonny is going to regret it because Will is not worth it., amnesia or no amnesia.

I glad that Paul shut Will down because they are not friends.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, buffynut said:

Poor Paul.  It was a short, weird scene, but I almost teared up when he broke down sobbing on John's shoulder.

It was such a soapy moment, to breakdown in public over a broken heart, but I was happy to see that John was clearly aware that his son was hurting and he followed him.

It was a beautiful scene I thought, Christopher nailed the emotions, the look on his face as he began to cry, it really got to me. I truly think that this kid has a special talent when it comes to portraying his character. I didn't see Christopher fighting hard to cry and be in the moment, I saw Paul breaking down into the loving arms of his father.

I think Drake and Christopher have a great bond, despite how they made Paul John''s son, it's scenes like today's that make me glad they have scenes together.

4 hours ago, swtrgrl said:

I hate that Will is moving in. I hate how Sonny Handled all of this. I hate how out in the cold Paul is left. Christopher was heartbreaking today. I felt it. 

Sonny is really acting, imho, like a self-centered horror. The way he basically snatched Will away and now gets to hoard him now in the mansion, because that's healthy for an amnesia victim to be sequestered...and yet everyone is "for it" and thinks that it's a fantastic idea. Even Paul had to try and cheer them on, it was disgusting.

I was so touched by Christopher's scenes, he really brought it I felt. The way he played Paul with Will, and then Sonny, and finally John, it was all pitch perfect, especially his breakdown with John.

I was hoping to see Paul finally stop trying to be so stoic and understanding and forgiving and actually get to express his true feelings and pain, and frankly he has no one better in his life right now that is totally on his side than John, so I thought it was a the perfect choice for Paul to literally have his father's shoulder to cry on, because he desperately needed that release. Emmy reel worthy, imo.

3 hours ago, boes said:

Paul should be happy he dodged a bullet.  Right now Sonny looks all about possession.  

I can't agree more. Sonny's behavior of late is so obtuse and selfish, and everyone is just giving him a pass. Sonny has apparently monopolized Salam's pity market, because Will has to come back to him because they are meant to be together, and he won't have it any other way.

He might as well slap a brand on Will's butt the second he's through the mansion doors just to seal the deal and claim him like a mule.

Sonny is showing such a lack of compassion towards Paul, who did nothing wrong in any of this to deserve to be dumped certainly, it's so tasteless and downright cruel.

However, I was glad to see that Will is trying to extend himself towards Paul, despite everything else that is going on.

It was nice to hear that he feels freer around Paul than he does the others, because he doesn't feel like Paul wants anything from the "old Will" that he can't give. I could definitely see a bond of trust forming between them in time, as Paul gets over Sonny and Will learns more about himself and what he actually wants now. His old memories back or a new beginning with far greater possibilities?

It was totally understandable why Paul had to turn his offer of friendship down, for now at least, but I hope that won't last for long.

Personally I would love to see Paul begin to recover and realize that Sonny's happiness shouldn't take precedence over his own or Will's for that matter. That it's okay if they hang out or talk, or even if they explore an even deeper connection, whatever that may mean.

Paul has to realize it's not his, or anyone else's, job to cater to Sonny and ensure that his life is so called perfect. He and Will both have just as much a right to a happy, fulfilled life, as anyone.

• Love 8

Sonny should respect Will and whatever choice he wishes to make - whether it is with him, or another man. Not just force himself on him and have him living in the past. Sonny's love is all about conditions. Set him free, let him get his memory back and if he is meant to return to you, he will -  out of his own freewill. Which is kinda what you are taking, Sonny. That never really ends well. You may find that the 'Will' you loved is not the same man.

Felt badly for Paul. I did like seeing a young man have some emotions and not suck it up and be a man and find another dude. I like Christopher Sean. He's good on Days and also on Five-O. As said above, no, it's not his responsibility to cater to Sonny.

Gabi, Kate probably is not the best choice. Neither is Eve. Hold out for someone else to buy your company. Or just stay on your own for a while.

Andrei is falling for Kate? Really? His heart has grown a few sizes?

Victor and Brady, Eve will get her revenge. Don't be too smug.

• Love 5

I guess that I will be unpopular, in saying that I don't feel sorry for Paul. Sonny is being possessive with too much expectations. However, he is not as bad as Roman who  practically demanded that everybody forget John and what he meant to them as Roman. He even threw a fit because his parents used to watch Brady and considered him to be their grandson. His jealousy of John was understandable, but, at times, he was an  unreasonable asshole.

Ironically, Carrie was the one who made it clear that she would not abandon John. I still found Roman sympathetic and I wanted him to regain his life with his doc. Once the  pit storyline happened. I became team John. That story was amazing. Sherry truly outdid herself.

• Love 3

Somehow I never saw the similarities in the Sonny/Will/Paul and Marlena/Roman/John triangles before. But it is like father, like son.  So John should completely understand how Paul feels.  

I love John & Marlena as a couple, but LOVE John and his connection with his kids.  He just oozes love and pride when he's with them. Unfortunately we rarely get to see him with Brady, so maybe that's why I have taken to ret-conned Paul.  It doesn't hurt that CS is a really good actor. I didn't care for his acting or the character when he first showed up in Salem, but since Ron has taken over, Paul has finally become a full-fledged character.

Speaking of John & Marlena, I'm not reading spoilers beforehand, but I do look at them after the show airs just to see how spoilery they were, and one of yesterday's said "John surprises Marlena with a romantic gift."   Did that happen at the very beginning, that I missed? Or was it another cut scene?

• Love 3

I actually think Sonny handled his break up with Paul pretty compassionately.  He didn't string him along for months, Sonny told Paul point blank that he's still in love with Will and wants to work it out.  Sonny made it a clean break and that was best for everyone involved--of course, Sonny should have done this with Will as well instead of forcing the situation but this wouldn't be a soap opera without drama.

I would love to see Paul and Will develop a friendship of their own, regardless if Will's memoty ever comes back or he and Sonny get back together.  There really isn't any bad guys in this--I could easily see Sonny losing his damn mind though and scaring Will and then Will turns to Paul for comfort. 

• Love 2

I have another unpopular opinion: I don't see anything wrong with what Sonny is doing. It is pretty much a soap staple that that when someone come back from the dead. An attempt is usually made so that the original couple be given a chance to be together again. I don't believe there is anything wrong with Sonny trying to rebuild his life with his husband even if his husband is Will.

On this show, they did something similar with Roman, Marlena and John and later Hope, Bo and Billy.

With the first group, I wanted Roman to get back everything that he lost thanks to Stefano: his wife, his kids, his family and his life. Plus Wayne was a superior actor than Drake so I liked his Roman better than Drake's Roman or subsequent many different backstories of John. Plus I thought Isabella was a million times better than Marlena, so I thought John was lucky to have her and she was enough to counter everything John loss. I would come to hate that Isabella would die and John went sniffing after Marlena. So much so, that I cheered on Sami as she went after John and Marlena.

With the latter group, I liked Billy best of the group because my exposure to Bo and Hope was limited so it didn't matter to me who ended up with who. Eventually Hope remembered who she was, and their super couple status was rewarded as they got back together. And then they would spend the rest of their time breaking up, having questionable paternity issues with their younger children, hooking up with other people or getting back together after a bunch of drama happened. At one point, I just gave in and just accepted Bo and Hope belonged together.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, buffynut said:

Somehow I never saw the similarities in the Sonny/Will/Paul and Marlena/Roman/John triangles before. But it is like father, like son.  So John should completely understand how Paul feels.  

I love John & Marlena as a couple, but LOVE John and his connection with his kids.  He just oozes love and pride when he's with them. Unfortunately we rarely get to see him with Brady, so maybe that's why I have taken to ret-conned Paul.  It doesn't hurt that CS is a really good actor. I didn't care for his acting or the character when he first showed up in Salem, but since Ron has taken over, Paul has finally become a full-fledged character.

Speaking of John & Marlena, I'm not reading spoilers beforehand, but I do look at them after the show airs just to see how spoilery they were, and one of yesterday's said "John surprises Marlena with a romantic gift."   Did that happen at the very beginning, that I missed? Or was it another cut scene?

I don't think that Sonny/Will/Paul has any similarities with the awesome Roman/Marlena/John triangle written by Sherry Anderson. I thought everybody had a point of view and was sympathetic.  I loved Marlena with both men for different reasons.  Marlena picking Roman, over John, when he came back, was bittersweet. Marlena and Roman taking the twins away from John broke my heart. He loved them so much.. I wish that the show had explored the loss of John in Sami and Eric's psyche and how that shaped them as adults. Missed opportunity..

I too love John as a dad. I am just annoyed that the show acts like John does not have other children.  Paul is the anointed one and he does not have the rich history that John has with Carrie, Sami, Eric, Brady and Belle.  There is so much potential for John with his real children, but, the retcon one is the one that gets all of the attention. I have yet to see John have a scene with his granddaughter Claire who needs him. John has not consoled Eric over his loss of Nicole and Brady is a mess. Not to mention, his connections with Hope, Kayla and Steve have been ignored as well.

Days of our lives has always been good at showing that family is not just biology.  I remember how Kim and Kayla got a cake for John, after Roman came back, assuring him that he was still their brother. The day before he had seen Kim and Kayla get a cake for Roman to welcome him back.  In Mexico, Bo told John, in front of Roman, that he was still his brother.  Isabella asked Shawn to give her away at her wedding to John, despite the fact, that, Victor, was her biological father, because, Shawn was more of a father to her than Victor.  Bo and Hope considered JT to be their son, even, after, he was revealed, to have been switched with their son Zack.  They still maintained a relationship with him, albeit, offscreen. He still has an ornament on the Horton tree. Bo himself learned to tolerate Victor, but, Shawn Brady, who raised him, from birth, is his father, in every way that counts.  I have always loved that aspect of the show, biological ties does not override emotional ties.

Yes, a Marlena/John scene was cut yesterday..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

There really isn't any bad guys in this--I could easily see Sonny losing his damn mind though and scaring Will and then Will turns to Paul for comfort. 

I agree that they're doing a good job (so far) of not making any of them into bad guys. Also, I am super into the idea of Will turning to Paul for comfort because Sonny is being crazy.

1 hour ago, nilyank said:

I have another unpopular opinion: I don't see anything wrong with what Sonny is doing. It is pretty much a soap staple that that when someone come back from the dead. An attempt is usually made so that the original couple be given a chance to be together again. I don't believe there is anything wrong with Sonny trying to rebuild his life with his husband even if his husband is Will.

I do see something wrong in it, but I don't think it makes Sonny a bad guy. I understand what he's doing and why. I like it tbh. This is the first time I've been invested in Sonny since I started watching full-time again. Plus I think FS is better lately.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4

As good an actor as CM is, I was not feeling "JJ's dark night of the soul" episode.  Maybe it was the endless flashbacks of scenes we never actually saw on the show, but I didn't feel a sense of dread.  Although it was good to see Matthew Ashford again, his scenes with JJ felt strangely forced.

All in all, a weird episode.

• Love 3

I really liked this episode especially since JJ is my favorite of Jack's kids.

I was going to comment that was a really cool pen that JJ was writing with and then they showed it was Jack's pen. However, I don't know if Jack would have remained sentimental over the years over a pen that Harper gave him. Maybe as a Fuck You Harper I succeeded despite you. Not as a beloved family heirloom to be past down his son.

I love Jack as JJ's father and I think if Jack was around, he would have made things so much better for his son. 

It is too bad that Jack had to die in order to say Abigail. I don't think it was worth it at all.

However, I am questioning that JJ is suicidal about all this. 

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

"You don't even like me."  "Oh, I do now."

That was my favorite part of the episode.  Andre got a good chuckle out of me.  

I keep hoping for Paul to abandon his loyalty to Sonny but I guess he's a better man than me.  Christopher Sean is so good at crying.  

• Love 2
5 hours ago, nilyank said:

My issue is that Will isn't just Sonny's husband. It's annoying, imo, to see everyone practically acting as if the best thing for Will is to be around Sonny, over anyone else, 24/7. He was perfectly fine living with his grandma, Sonny wasn't losing access to him.

But the first real conversation that Sonny had with Will where Will was receptive to him, Sonny grabbed and kissed him and then wanted him to move in with him. What's the big rush?

It was just very pushy and possessive to me. Sonny could slow down and really show that he cares about what is best for Will, maybe he remembers and maybe he doesn't, but Will is a complete person regardless if he remembers their "great love".

He will still have Sami, Lucas, Kate, Marlena, Roman, John, Eric, Brady, Belle, Gabby, their little girl, and on and on, heh, he has a full family, Sonny isn't his only family by a stretch but that's the  impression one might get with Sonny's over the top controlling behavior.

Personally I would have liked seeing Will spend more time with Lucas right now as he struggles to recover. Bryan always had easy chemistry with Chandler and they made a very nice father/son pairing. I think they both would produce some very impressive scenes if they actually got to see one another. Instead Will is getting shuttered up in the mansion while Lucas is wherever.

I keep hoping for Paul to abandon his loyalty to Sonny but I guess he's a better man than me.  Christopher Sean is so good at crying.  

I really hope that happens fairly quickly, heh, if Sonny can "get over" Paul so fast, then Paul deserves to do the same. My main hope is that they find him a friend, a buddy, someone he can go to, talk to, hang out with, since Will isn't exactly available. But Paul could use a real friend right now.

Isn't he? It's quite the skill. And it doesn't take a lot of face pulling on his part or acting as if he's in actual physical pain.

• Love 2

I'm not sure what I thought of that episode. Honestly, I spent too much of it wondering if the older flashbacks were real or not, since I didn't start watching again until 2014.  Since the flashback memories were all so perfectly connected to the current day, I guess they were all newly written. It was wonderful seeing Jack though. I wish he was still on the show. 

Watching how much of a part Abe has played in JJ's "memories", makes it even harder to accept that the Abe we've been seeing lately is the same man.  I know Theo is his son and he's worried sick about him, but Abe seemed like a father-figure to JJ, so I think it would have been more in character for him to be trying to console the man who shot his son, not be wanting, well, I'm not sure exactly what Abe wants to happen to JJ to get justice for his son.

I have no idea how this is going to end, but if I was writing it, I would have Abe be the one to save JJ.  And it would happen tomorrow, because there's only 2 episodes till Christmas, and I'm not sure I want the Horton's hanging tree ornaments while JJ is bleeding to death in Horton Town Square.

• Love 4

Just give Casey Moss the Best Actor Emmy already.  No one is touching him at this point.  He's been nothing but fantastic since being frontburn.  

Days has become the This is Us of daytime since they stopped with the ridiculous doppelganger foolishness.  You can do great soap without all the soap tropes and plot points.  Just write to character and create realistic, meaningful stories that are relevant.  The whole show has been wonderful. 

• Love 10

That's a lot of letters, JJ.  I was chuckling to myself thinking about them having to pass out JJ's letters to random Salemites. "Dear Lady, who let me jump you in line at market, sorry I let you down..." 

I know it's not really funny, but something was off for me, and I'm usually a fan of the actor, so it was probably the setup. 

I want JJ and Gabi, and they always throw a crumb my way, here and there, just to keep me hanging in there for it. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, CPP83 said:

My issue is that Will isn't just Sonny's husband. It's annoying, imo, to see everyone practically acting as if the best thing for Will is to be around Sonny, over anyone else, 24/7. He was perfectly fine living with his grandma, Sonny wasn't losing access to him.

But the first real conversation that Sonny had with Will where Will was receptive to him, Sonny grabbed and kissed him and then wanted him to move in with him. What's the big rush?

It was just very pushy and possessive to me. Sonny could slow down and really show that he cares about what is best for Will, maybe he remembers and maybe he doesn't, but Will is a complete person regardless if he remembers their "great love".

He will still have Sami, Lucas, Kate, Marlena, Roman, John, Eric, Brady, Belle, Gabby, their little girl, and on and on, heh, he has a full family, Sonny isn't his only family by a stretch but that's the  impression one might get with Sonny's over the top controlling behavior.

Personally I would have liked seeing Will spend more time with Lucas right now as he struggles to recover. Bryan always had easy chemistry with Chandler and they made a very nice father/son pairing. I think they both would produce some very impressive scenes if they actually got to see one another. Instead Will is getting shuttered up in the mansion while Lucas is wherever.

I really hope that happens fairly quickly, heh, if Sonny can "get over" Paul so fast, then Paul deserves to do the same. My main hope is that they find him a friend, a buddy, someone he can go to, talk to, hang out with, since Will isn't exactly available. But Paul could use a real friend right now.

Isn't he? It's quite the skill. And it doesn't take a lot of face pulling on his part or acting as if he's in actual physical pain.

Amen.  To me, Will was fine at Marlena's, or if they were going to have him leave her house the best place for him would probably be with Gabi and Arianna.  Whether Will gets his memories back or not he still needs to be a father to Ari and continue to cultivate that relationship.  Gabi is his best friend, there is no pressure for him to remember some great love between them other than "family/best friend" love.  That to me would be a great safe place for him to reside.

The Kiriakis mansion seemed like such an incredibly odd choice.  As big as it is, the place is too overcrowded.  Eve and Brady are at each other's throat, Brady and Sonny are at each other's throats.  Justin and Adrienne are there, they are lovely but Sonny's parents at the end of the day.  Victor also has amnesia and has forgotten that he was once Will's grandfather.  The only person in that house that would have an unbiased/healthy perspective for Will is Maggie.

I can even understand if they went from the standpoint that Will grew up in the Kiriakis mansion, and him returning might be a way to help jog his earlier memories.  But then the show would have to acknowledge that part of history that is so conveniently forgotten.

They did a good job of making Casey look so young.  I wonder if they shot the young scenes before he started growing the beard, or after he shaved it off.

These are the first scenes Casey and Matthew have ever had together.

I thought Jack hated Harper.

They should have shown the scenes of JJ's magic donuts.

Casey did a great job today.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, CPP83 said:

I so agree with you.  I really like Paul.  He needs a friend or two right now. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, buffynut said:

Watching how much of a part Abe has played in JJ's "memories", makes it even harder to accept that the Abe we've been seeing lately is the same man.

I know Abe is grieving but I wish someone would "remind" him that if Theo (even though I like the character a lot) had not been dressed in black with an object in his hand that could pass for a weapon and attempting to break the law, none of this would have happened.  Would Abe have responded any differently if he were the cop?  What if Lani would have shot him?  He has had enough time to come to this realization and ease up on his anger. 

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

I thought Jack hated Harper.

The sexual deviant/killer who played mental games on Jack? Yes he did after he found everything that Harper did. Jack has two horrible fathers (bio and adopted) and for some time he had haunted visions of his two bad daddies.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, buffynut said:

I have no idea how this is going to end, but if I was writing it, I would have Abe be the one to save JJ.  And it would happen tomorrow, because there's only 2 episodes till Christmas, and I'm not sure I want the Horton's hanging tree ornaments while JJ is bleeding to death in Horton Town Square.

I hope Abe saves him, too. It would be a big missed opportunity if they don't go that way imo. I was hoping this would be resolved in this ep precisely because of what you said.

1 hour ago, Rowan said:

I want JJ and Gabi, and they always throw a crumb my way, here and there, just to keep me hanging in there for it. 

This.

I thought CM was great today. So understated. I, like @buffynut, spent a lot of the flashbacks wondering whether they were actual flashbacks or not because I just started watching again a couple months ago. I think in general the ep wasn't perfect, but I appreciated it.

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, nilyank said:

The sexual deviant/killer who played mental games on Jack? Yes he did after he found everything that Harper did. Jack has two horrible fathers (bio and adopted) and for some time he had haunted visions of his two bad daddies.

It was Abe that convinced Jack that Harper was a psychopath and a serial killer. He didn't believe Steve.  It was back when Jack and Steve were still at odds. Jack was loyal to Harper. He did love him and admire him. Jack did kill him to save Steve. 

I loved seeing Jack today. Jack became someone special, as soon as, Matthew, took over the role. The previous 2 Jacks were generic, blondes who resembled Steve, Jo and Adrienne. Matthew's Jack resembled Duke and it coincided perfectly, with, the darker turn, in his storyline. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, A.J. said:

I so agree with you.  I really like Paul.  He needs a friend or two right now. 

How about bringing back Derek?  Was that his name, the gay man Paul was dating before he and Sonny got back together?  This triangle needs a little jump start and could use a couple more gay characters. 

• Love 5

Tonight when I got home there was an ambulance and two police cars in front of apartment building.  The man downstairs who I pass by every morning but barely know had attempted suicide.  This episode was very difficult to get through.  

• Love 10
56 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Tonight when I got home there was an ambulance and two police cars in front of apartment building.  The man downstairs who I pass by every morning but barely know had attempted suicide.  This episode was very difficult to get through.  

Wow, I hope that he gets the help he needs.

• Love 6

JACK!

One of the hugest mistakes this show has made was to kill Jack off (repeatedly). I think he is FAR more interesting than Jennifer ever was. (And I say this as someone that really liked Jack/Jen back in the day. To me, though, he made Jennifer interesting.)

But I know he had to be sacrificed for Dan. (Another huge reason I soured on MR/Jen.) Which is a waste in and of itself, since that character also mercifully croaked. Still wish I could see Afterlife Jack torture Afterlife Dan.

As for this episode, I thought it was well done, even if recreated. On the bright side, Jack seems to garner more gravitas and respect dead than alive.

• Love 9

This episode made it even more so, I want Matthew Ashford back. Jack has always made Jen so much more likable, and warm. I would love to see him returned, and not destroyed like re-Ron is prone to do. He brought back AJ on G H. albeit the wrong actor. But he really did a great job. Then he let his own ego get in the way, and ruined it.  This way the show can have the newbies, and the old favs. The real oldies are dieing off in real life, so lets have mixed generations. Stop making me hate Abe. he has always been a fav of mine, now I just want to smack him upside the head.  Theo was breaking the law, JJ was doing his job, the exact way he was taught to.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, BlackMamba said:

Just give Casey Moss the Best Actor Emmy already.  No one is touching him at this point.  He's been nothing but fantastic since being frontburn.  

Days has become the This is Us of daytime since they stopped with the ridiculous doppelganger foolishness.  You can do great soap without all the soap tropes and plot points.  Just write to character and create realistic, meaningful stories that are relevant.  The whole show has been wonderful. 

Yes,  I too have enjoyed the recent episodes, some intense & topical scenes which on the most part have been well done.  Casey Moss did an excellent job today in his portrayal of a young man eaten up with guilt and feeling he has nowhere else to turn.   There have been warm family moments(I love Will with Marlena, and John comforting Paul), loved Sami's moments where she turned things upside down, as she usually does,  all in all some really good shows recently, and I admit to having tears at the end of today's show.

• Love 8

The show got cut off for the last couple of minutes - some sort of emergency broadcast system test or something. No idea how it ended.

Did enjoy seeing the Jack flashbacks/recreations.

As said by many posters, Casey Moss was really good today. It is normal to have the guilt. Surely there is someone in his life who cares enough to support him and listen to him and be the shoulder he needs. It would be nice if Abe did come to his rescue. Full circle. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, tribeca said:

it was very hard to watch this episode. casey did a wonderful job with showing real depression/distraught  and suicidal feelings.

hope he makes it. and your neighbor as well.  maybe the next time you see him you can say hello. even something so small means a lot to people who are struggling with depression or what ever it is that would make them attempt suicide. very little help and lots of stigma for depressed people out there. funny how drug abuse is getting all the attention, all the programs,  helping people who chose to mess up their lives, while the mentally ill , who are not all "bat shit crazy" as many people think, get left out. if you can't afford counseling or an alternate form of therapy, no insurance, no extra income, you are left to your own devices to ease the pain.

Edited by msrachelj
addition
  • Love 5
On 12/20/2017 at 9:05 AM, nilyank said:

I don't have a problem with Sonny wanting his husband back and yes, he handled the breakup with Paul really maturely and sensitively. 

My problem with this whole thing is Sonny's entitlement to Will. Dude, he doesn't remember you. Take it slow. He's willing to see where it goes but good grief, stop with the aggressive pursuit. It's not romantic. It's abusive controlling behavior. I hate that shit. 

I want Henry to come back. That guy was a cutie and very sweet. Paul needs a friend. Maybe

Spoiler

Greg Riikart's arrival will bring in another LGBT character for the group

I also like how there are no "bad guys" in this scenerio. Will is exploring himself. Sonny is still in love with Will. Paul is heartbroken. No one plotted anything. 

• Love 4