Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

From the above link:

DAYS still remains in fourth place among all network soaps even though they picked up viewers with the return of Davidson.  Question is:  Will they be able to sustain and add more viewers and keep them during and after Davidson’s stint?

Not if they continue to focus on Jenn and Abby!  Holy shit those two are so boring.  Even when they aren't on screen, the other characters are talking about them.  And it's always praise, praise, praise.  I do not get it.  I wish they would settle this lawsuit in favor of Eve and move her out of the Devereaux sphere of suck.

Eric was so awful on Friday.  I mean, just disgusting.  Women are not responsible for the actions or unwanted feelings of men, writers!  I very much like the idea of him being a unknowing imposter, but would be just as happy if would get a fire poker to the back of the head and a new personality.

• Love 2

Carrie was mentioned in another thread and now I'm wishing she were part of the story.  Which is weird, because I find her sanctimonious and hypocritical but the reason I wish she were part of the story is that it would be great for her and Sami.  They could unite is their dislike/hatred for Abby, Carrie the DA (which will never make sense but I'd ignore it in this case) would naturally be involved in the case against EJ, and Sami's exit storyline would allow her to finally work through her issues with Carrie.  Yet again, so much potential wasted.

• Love 6

Carrie could be annoying, but I never found her nearly as annoying as Abigail.

Carrie seemed more  typically soap opera annoying, while I think I keep hoping to laugh at Abigail day in and day out, and she's not even a real person.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

I always explain Marlena's actions or non-actions as... "It's all a part of the experiment."

I mean, today with the perfume and the staring and then finally the "If you can feel me, squeeze my hand" She's performing experiments on John on screen! Everything is good and right! Marlena's experiments continue. Go, Lady Sinister.

I didn't understand Marlena asking John to squeeze her hand to show he was aware.  If she really wanted to know if Jawn was hearing her, she'd have asked him to let one rip.  He's not called "Smell the Fart" for nothing.

In fact, I'd have asked him to toot the entire score to "Unchained Melody", from their 1999 wedding.    then she'd know how he really feels about her.  I smell a symphony.

The next time Adrienne tries to judge someone because of their parents she needs to be reminded that she killed her father after he raped her. Her brother was also a rapist, his father was a serial killer, and she married into a mob family. She comes from a poor background and her family is filled with criminals so she has absolutely no business judging anyone because of what family they were born into.

Adrienne makes Gladys Kravitz from Bewitched seem like a deaf-mute.  Justin isn't "out of town", he's over in the love nest he's got with his favorite niece, Abigail.  

How does Victor STAND having that airhead in the same house as him?  Bad enough he's got his idiot grandson, but Adrienne too?  Maggie gets on my nerves, but stupid she is not.  Adrienne is all 39 Flavors of Dumb.

And how did she get from JJ (nicely) shooting her down to her telling him how proud his dad would be?  Maybe Jack always basically told her to shut up also?

Poor Mr. Cosgrove.  He's been parading around Salem in that suit for months, and now he's been forced to ask the town witchhunter out on a date.  I hope he doesn't have to take Jenn out to eat - where will he find a restaurant in Salem that serves human flesh??

Hmmmmm.......if he DOES go out with Jenn, how long do you think it will be before Abigail shows up at his health club or office, wearing nothing other than her newest clown pants?

Edited by boes
  • Love 1

What happened to Bonnie Lockhart, anyway? I liked her, and one of the cool things about her was that she was pretty much the same way JE comes across in real life.

Adrienne...ugh. I think we're supposed to like her - god help us - but this is an example of a mistake that soaps make sometimes: They can put too much faith in the idea that decades of history will be enough to make an audience always like a character. Adrienne and Justin were once just a tier below the supercouples of the '80s, so there's naturally a built-in advantage there. But seriously, it can still be pushed too far, and they certainly have pushed it too far with Adrienne for me. I just want to find some of that Marcel toilet paper and stuff her mouth with it. (Hmmm, finally Dr. Dan might be useful.)

But it's so sad. Judi Evans has pulled off a pretty rare feat, that of being one-half of three very successful couples in soap history on three different soaps playing three different characters. I'm not entirely sure that can be said about any other soap actor, actually...I'll have to think about it. I can think of other actors who have done two, but three? Hmmm. And I definitely don't think anyone has managed four. Point is, JE is a terrific actress who can generate some special chemistry with costars. And they're just wasting her. She got to show off, for a minute in her scene with Sami, what a powerhouse she still is, if only anybody would write anything substantial for her.

Edited by Black Knight
  • Love 2

Egads, Daniel and Kristen still seem to be talking...

I can't believe Adrienne is being judgmental of ...Paige??? She's so benign -- it's weird to see her  being judged in the way Adrienne does it.

Edited by bantering

Adrienne and Justin here, Beth and Lujack on GL, which is the third? JE does look terrific, as do MBE and KA. Melissa Reeves on the other hand looks terrible, and I believe she is the youngest of the four of them.

No offense, but I don't get how being a good priest translates into "Immediately forgive the woman who shredded evidence of your rape and lied to you."

I'm an atheist, but even I'm pretty sure that forgiveness is a pretty big deal in Christianity. If you can't literally practice what you preach, you're a shitty priest.

• Love 1

What happened to Bonnie Lockhart, anyway? I liked her, and one of the cool things about her was that she was pretty much the same way JE comes across in real life.

Adrienne...ugh. I think we're supposed to like her - god help us - but this is an example of a mistake that soaps make sometimes: They can put too much faith in the idea that decades of history will be enough to make an audience always like a character. Adrienne and Justin were once just a tier below the supercouples of the '80s, so there's naturally a built-in advantage there. But seriously, it can still be pushed too far, and they certainly have pushed it too far with Adrienne for me. I just want to find some of that Marcel toilet paper and stuff her mouth with it. (Hmmm, finally Dr. Dan might be useful.)

But it's so sad. Judi Evans has pulled off a pretty rare feat, that of being one-half of three very successful couples in soap history on three different soaps playing three different characters. I'm not entirely sure that can be said about any other soap actor, actually...I'll have to think about it. I can think of other actors who have done two, but three? Hmmm. And I definitely don't think anyone has managed four. Point is, JE is a terrific actress who can generate some special chemistry with costars. And they're just wasting her. She got to show off, for a minute in her scene with Sami, what a powerhouse she still is, if only anybody would write anything substantial for her.

Bonnie is in jail covering for Mimi.  It was revealed that Mimi accidentally killed her father when she was younger and Bonnie covered it up.  When it came to light Bonnie took the rap for it and is serving a jail sentence. 

With judgmental Adrienne around I really do miss Bonnie.  Speaking of the Lockharts bring Patrick back for Hope.  I really did like Hope and Patrick as a couple.  I still say that Ciara is really Patrick's and not Bo's. 

• Love 1

Those Dan & Kristen scenes were just stupid and ridiculous, bonding with the hostage, never seen anything so ridiculous in my life

Then I guess you missed the real life story of Patty Hearst and her kidnapper(s).

I must say that I'm actually enjoying Kristen & Daniel scenes. Some good chemistry to explore if Eileen was staying.

Also have to say that I don't find Daniel "dirty/unwashed" or other negative adjective. In fact, I find him rather attractive, esp. when he sports his 5 o'clock shadow.

Daniel/Kristen is not a parallel to Patty Hearst.  Patty Hearst was held captive for months by criminals.  She was locked in a closet in the dark with only her kidnappers for contact  

Kristen is at best annoyed by Daniel, she is not in fear for her life.  

I'm also wondering what Theresa is going to do now that Brady wants to stay single and more than likely sober his ass up. Her plan to keep Brady full of drugs and alcohol isn't going to work anymore. I really do hope that writers progress her character and make her a leading female, because she has it to be the next Sami, being a bad girl cause JL has presence and a good actress and rather watch her than KM. I would say that there could be a Theresa vs Abby rivalry but Abby couldn't handle Theresa and it would be the same thing in what's going on with the Sami story. Abby gets all the support while Theresa is shunned by everyone except for maybe Eric.

I'm gonna weigh in on the Eric/Nicole thing. I can't say I blame Eric for the way he feels because while he did accuse Nicole of rape and she forgave him. What she did is a lot different than what he did, cause that was one error in judgment that Eric made while Nicole on the other hand hid evidence, lied to Eric, tried to manipulate him into having sex with her even though it wasn't his belief to do so until after he got married, tried getting him to leave Salem, and dragging Dan and lying on Dan. She was trying to manipulate and control Eric's life without his say so. After everything that he's been through raped, shunned by the town, attacked by some father, and him trying to clear his name, he's been through hell. When Eric accused Nicole of rape I didn't see him drag innocent people into like Nicole did nor did he try to control her life or manipulate her. Nicole had too many lapses in judgments compared to Eric's one lapse in judgment.

• Love 1

Adrienne and Justin here, Beth and Lujack on GL, which is the third? JE does look terrific, as do MBE and KA. Melissa Reeves on the other hand looks terrible, and I believe she is the youngest of the four of them.

Jake & Paulina on Another World.

Both Y&R and GH have been losing viewers that Days might have picked up if they had better SLs, but it didn’t happen, and I don’t think it will.

Carrie and Sami have legitimate issues with each other that were shown developing over the years so it would have been nice to see them work through some of them before Sami leaves Salem.  Sami never did anything to the boring twit.

I think they are isolating Sami because the plan is to get her and EJ back together so Sami can continue to put up with his abuse.  Only the idiot writers don’t see it as abuse because according to them anything a man does is a woman’s fault.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 1

Weren't Beth and Phillip on Guiding Light some kind of super-couple? I never saw them, but I was aware of who they were because of the other lady who came into replace JE on Guiding Light, and was some kind of foil to Harley.

So maybe JE has 4 super-couple pairings to her credit.

I still find Adrienne pretty annoying though. She's like a caricature of a judgmental person. Yeah, we all judge people on some level, but the way she does it seems kind of exaggerated. Who would waste their time judging Paige?

Edited by bantering

I think they are isolating Sami because the plan is to get her and EJ back together so Sami can continue to put up with his abuse.  Only the idiot writers don’t see it as abuse because according to them anything a man does is a woman’s fault.

I don't even like Sami, but I will be pissed if that happens. 

• Love 2

I like that idea.

EJ should have married a spineless doormat that would worship him, and do whatever he ordered because he cannot handle being in an equal relationship.  I hate that Sami’s other happy relationships were destroyed so the idiot writers could pair her up with her abuser, and it looks like AS/Sami’s final months on the show are going to be wasted solely on EJ.  AS/Sami has been on the show over 22 years, and she should be getting scenes with other people that have nothing whatsoever to do with EJ.

Something Corday and the idiot writers don’t seem to comprehend with this cheating SL, is that EJ/Sami are not a couple who have years of a loving relationship where fans want to see them work things out and get back together.  I would much rather see Sami douse EJ with gasoline, set him on fire, and then leave Salem with her children.

• Love 1

Will is such a smug little asshat. Can't wait to see him get torn a new asshole by Sami and Kate. Ha! I bet precious Abby will climb his ass too. Is it too much to hope Lucas will be upset?

• Love 3

I still have some hope that Sami's not going to end up with EJ, since it was the network who insisted on them being put together, not Corday. But with both AS and JS leaving, I don't see why NBC would care if EJami did not leave as a couple.

They're obviously building up to EJ getting into trouble now that he's gotten back into the drug ring or whatever that is - Victor warned him about the dangers. Now, it's possible that's setup for EJami going on the run together. But there are a couple of problems with that. First, AS has said that she will return for the anniversary and Christmases, and the show wants that too. Second, one of Sami's minor children is Lucas's, not EJ's. Third, leaving the second issue aside, Sami has minor children. Going on the run with them because her idiot husband is a mobster who cranked up his illegal activity again but for some reason she has reconciled with him would just be awful.

So I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that EJ gets killed off and Sami decides she needs a change of scenery.

• Love 3

I'm genuinely interested in how Sami handles Will. I'm not saying she has to take it, because she doesn't. But I'd like to see her engage in a smidgen of self reflection and maybe begin to view her own relationship with Marlena a little differently. 

I know many of you don't believe that the two situations are comparable, but I disagree. Marlena was cold and distant and had a ridiculously unrealistic expectations for Sami, but she didn't do anything that could justify Sami's over the top reaction and scheming towards her. I think Sami was a horrible parent, as well, between the custody issues with Lucas and exposing him to the Dimeras (you really shouldn't get involved, romantically or otherwise, with a mobster if you care about protecting your kids!), but she doesn't deserve what Will's doing. Don't get  me wrong, I'll like it, because I like to see Sami squirm, but it's still all kinds of wrong.

• Love 1

I think there is a lot of potential in Will writing this article especially with all the unethical and illegal activity he engaged in to get information.  Will has a right to be upset about his lousy childhood, but he is also burning the very people who have been helping him.  I don’t know if the idiot writers will bother to mine the history of these characters for this SL though.  Sami, Lucas, and Kate all played a part in what happened to Will when he was younger, but I don’t know if Lucas will even make an appearance.  I doubt Roman or Marlena will get many scenes with Sami either.  They will probably just get one where they get to tell Sami how horrible she is like everyone else in Salem is doing.  Unfortunately, I think this will just be more Sami is bad, the boring twit is good, and everything EJ does is Sami’s fault.  {face palm}

So I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that EJ gets killed off and Sami decides she needs a change of scenery.

This is what I am hoping for, however, Corday seems to have an ax to grind with the network, and Corday/the writers gave horrible/non-existent send offs to both Bo and Patch/Steve.

Edited by TigerLynx

I had hoped Sonny would be upset about the article. Does he know how Will got his information? I hope Abby's comment about being glad no one outside the family knows about the affair means she will be pissed when the article comes out. I guess I will settle for even one person telling that bastard to die in a fire, even if that person is Abby.

• Love 1

Not that I care at all what happens to Abigail, but I don't get why Will was going on and on about protecting/not hurting Abigail, and then he goes on to sell her out. It's the fact that he can't see the inaccuracy of this words that baffles me. Even if he doesn't use her name, how stupid does he have to be to not understand that whatever the Salem version of TMZ is would go digging around. Also, I don't think he told Abigail who would be using what she said without her consent in the article!

What he's doing to Sami isn't really shocking to me (though I think it's dumb). But the inability to understand how he's selling out Abigail, even though he claimed that's not what he wanted Sami to do, is sort of irritating to me. Usually people on soaps do all kinds of bad things, but they don't generally break their promises, I don't think (i.e see EJ taking the blame off of Abigail and on to himself, see every best friend on a soap opera -- i.e Daniel?? --- who has had to live with the burden of hiding some stupid secret, etc.) Will will probably wind up hurting Abigail more than Sami ever did.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

Dannifer Pimptress calling in for duty. OMG would Maxine get a life. Why won't writers hook Pimptress and Dan the 2nd Coming up as much as she be thinking about Dan. Who the hell did her make up cause she looked straight up horrid.

Will is an ungrateful little bitch. Does he not have one ounce of sympathy for his mother? I was really hoping that Sonny would tell Will that the article is not a good idea. Well as the saying goes, what goes around comes around cause I bet Will will have someone write a story on him or Sonny will cheat on him and then he'll know how it feels and I can't wait for that to happen. Really want that couple to break up cause Sonny is way too good for him. Then he doesn't want to show Abby what he wrote cause she'll know it's about her. Will isn't protecting anyone he's just a big asshole. I'm really hoping he gets sued and loses his career because of how he obtained the information. Kate probably won't take it lying down. I hope Kate gives Will hell.

Cackling bitches Hope and Jenn acting like Theresa is the devil's spawn. Hope needs to stop with her passive behavior it's just annoying. No Jenn you shut your self righteous mouth.

WTF that jogger stealing Nicole's purse but didn't bother to mug RoboMar when he seen her alone. Guess he figured by what she was wearing there wasn't shit in her purse worth stealing.

• Love 2

OMG.  Now Jenn has told Hope, Hope is going to talk to Sami, and she wishes Bo were there to talk to Sami – Why?  Have these brain dead idiots not noticed that Sami hasn’t done anything else to the boring twit, and she hasn’t told anyone else?  She doesn’t have to.  The gossip hags of Salem (Jenn, Adrienne, Maggie, etc.) have that covered.  I choose to believe if Bo was in Salem, he would give Sami a hug, and tell her to give the Dimeras hell.

I don’t think Kristen will face any consequences for drugging and raping Eric.  I believe this will be another rape the writers shrug off, and I hate that.  I wish Kristen, EJ, and Stefano were all going to be dead dead at the end of this SL.

The only thing Kate had to do to get Sami back on track was remind her of the truth.  It’s ironic how much simply stating the truth is playing a part in this SL.

• Love 4

I had hoped Sonny would be upset about the article. Does he know how Will got his information? I hope Abby's comment about being glad no one outside the family knows about the affair means she will be pissed when the article comes out. I guess I will settle for even one person telling that bastard to die in a fire, even if that person is Abby.

Does Abby get mad? Even when she was all hissy at Sami in their 'confrontation' I never really got anger from her so much as 'affronted' because Sami wasn't just letting bygones be bygones or something.

Does she have it in her to be legitimately angry? I'd be kind of interesting to see that unleashed on someone she thought was a friend on her side.

Not that I care at all what happens to Abigail, but I don't get why Will was going on and on about protecting/not hurting Abigail, and then he goes on to sell her out. It's the fact that he can't see the inaccuracy of this words that baffles me. Even if he doesn't use her name, how stupid does he have to be to not understand that whatever the Salem version of TMZ is would go digging around. Also, I don't think he told Abigail who would be using what she said without her consent in the article!

I'm seeing that Will is very definitely his mother's son here. In his attempts to teach Sami a lesson (and I have to say how disturbing I find this -- I know that Sami is hell on wheels on a good day and that she's caused significant amounts of damage to all sorts of people over the years but I'm troubled by the wording from various Salemites regarding her current behavior but particularly the 'teach her a lesson' and 'put her in her place' commentary. It strikes me as so completely misogynistic that even if I disagreed with what Sami is doing (I don't, because I don't see her doing anything particularly heinous when all is said and done) I'd still be leaning towards her side of it simply because it reeks of 'the woman is getting uppity, we need to knock her down to size' mentality) he's shining a light on the very person he's attempting to 'protect' from Sami's villainy.

And Will decided that Sami needed to be taught a lesson before she had even done anything to Abby! All Sami was doing was leveling veiled threats around. The most she had done was confront Abby. Ooo! Burn! How over the line is that? And now with the job? Where she actually allowed Abby to resign herself without actually having to go through any humiliating ordeals that the rest of the world would? Even Anne doesn't know why Abby resigned. But everyone is acting like Sami dragged Abby into Horton Square, locked her in the Historical Horton Stocks and then pelted her with the condoms she should have used when having sex with EJ and pregnancy tests.

What is being talked about does not equate with what is being shown... so Will basically looks like an asshole. And a really stupid one at that.

Edited by Dandesun
  • Love 3

All I know is that Abigail better yell at Will for what he's done! Jennifer should probably be upset with him too...

But I fear that Sami will get the blame for Will's wrong-doing (i.e taping people without their consent; selling Abigail out, etc.)

People talking about Will`s brilliant writing is also unbelievable to me. I could believe that 5 year old Johnny has more writing ability than Will does...

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

Trying to get caught up after being away last week...thanks to all of you I know which scenes to avoid LOL.  So far, Vic gets best line of the week for "did you marry him or adopt him".  Adrienne can certainly STFU.  Obviously she has trouble remembering her own past.  Sometimes, I wish I hadn't watched this show my whole life so I can kick this awful habit.  It sucks watching how these characters have turned into unrecognizable people.  When Sami of all people is just telling the truth, she gets shit all over.  Don't give a rats ass about Kristen and Dr. Dirty.  Don't give a rats ass that Aiden wants to date Jennifer. (Run, Dude Run).  Marlena thinking her 'extra special' scent will bring Smell the Fart out of his coma.  Please don't do this, DHim is doing some of his best acting ever!  I do enjoy Theresa & Eve when they get together.  I believe them as siblings much more than I believe Sami & Eric and they're fricking twins!  And it bears repeating, Sami & Kate are made of gold.  That's all I've got for now.

• Love 1

How conveeeeenient that everybody in town (notably except for Roman, the, y'know, Police Chief?) was there at the station when they brought Kristen in.  And that scene looked like a Friday ending, are we two days behind, or just one?

I hope Will's editor comes back and tells him he has to name the "young woman"'s name.

• Love 1

I have no hope of this actually happening, but the fallout of the article should be that the average Salem citizen, who has no particular bone to pick with Sami, is on Sami's side and everyone is completely flummoxed that Abby is considered the bad guy.

If this show were an episode of a trashy talk show... wife got husband sent up on tax fraud charges, cheers.  wife confronts the mistress, cheers.  Mistress' family bad mouths the wife, boos.

• Love 7

In the real world, I think Will, as a twenty-something, would also be viewed as self-absorbed and narcissistic for writing a tell-all, especially since his career kind of depends on baring his family's dirty laundry.

Generally, "memoirs" seem more acceptable when the person is much older and has actually accomplished something in life whose point of view is important for the recording of history (i.e Bill and Hillary Clinton) or that person's story can help somebody in some way (i.e when a celebrity writes about bulimia or depression). There are no real lessons to be gleaned from reading Will's article so he comes off seeming akin to a Kardashian, but, uh, possibly even trashier for trying to build a writing career off of scandal in his family. Who tells the world that their cousin had an affair with their step-dad, and tries to make a career off of that? Well, maybe a few Jerry Springer-types....

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

On top of everything else, this just feels like a very poor story arc for Will. Sami just spent the better part of the last couple years helping Will. Their relationship was on pretty good footing. Then she gets mad at Abby, because Abby slept with her fiance, and just her going over to Abby's house to confront her is all it takes for Will to immediately decide his mother needs to be put in her place? And sell his grandmother, who has also spent a good portion of the last couple years helping Will, down the river too?

Would it have killed the writers to work up to this a little better? I know Will has valid reasons to resent his mother, stemming from when he was younger. That's fine, and I wouldn't mind an exploration of that (although I don't think this actor is up to it). But the timing of it all is just bizarre. If they had just had Will and Sami's relationship hitting a rough spot over something or other first, then his using the Abby thing as an excuse to start getting revenge for past wrongs would make more sense. But Will had a beautiful wedding just a few months ago that Sami was a big part of, with really nice moments between them, and that was followed by all the Nick drama where Sami ran around tying herself into knots trying to keep Will from losing custody of his daughter. And then he was part of her wedding to EJ. All was good...and then boom! Sami gets mad at the woman who slept with her fiance, so he's doing this article! Huh?? It doesn't at all feel like a proportionate reaction given where Will and Sami's relationship was at this point. The writers could have set this up better so that it doesn't feel like Will just turned overnight. The Will actor isn't helping, but it's not all his fault - it's just kind of nonsensical writing.

• Love 6
Would it have killed the writers to work up to this a little better?

I totally agree.

Another thing that's annoying me about these recent storylines---aside from much of the actual content---is the sluggish pacing and the fact that the viewers know exactly what's going on for weeks before the characters do, leaving us to wait around impatiently for the characters to catch on to the developments we already know about. Let's say we didn't know what Will was up to until now or even that we didn't know Abby and EJ were cheating so long before the Salemites discovered it. I would have disliked a lot about these storylines anyway, but at least there would have been a small element of soapy surprise in lieu of 'okay, so now they know FINALLY know what we've known for awhile now...*yawn*  Between that and the fact that so few Days' characters have personalities or their own storylines, this show is just so much duller for me than it should be. 

Edited by mstaken
  • Love 2

It irritates me how Will only blames Sami for his less than ideal upbringing. Lucas and Kate were also involved but he absolutely never ever puts any of the blame on him. Kate set Sami up for murder and Lucas went along with it and Sami was almost executed as a result. Kate then spent years trying to ruin Sami's life. Why do they never get called out for what they did? If Sami is a WhoreSlutBitch for cheating on Rafe why didn't Will call Carrie out for using his dad for his sperm and then cheating on him with his brother?

• Love 1

Will the sadness of Abigail Deveraux NEVER end?  Seriously, will this shit EVER end???  She managed to mope her huge bunhead over to Sonny and Will's place, managed to get her being unemployed because of Sami into the conversation so that gelatinous wart-faced worm called Will could rail against the cruelty of his mother while she smiled like St.Catherine strapped to the wheel, and then dragged her scrawny pity party butt to Horton Square so she could moan about it all again to Sonny.  BTW, did they forget Ari somewhere along the way?  And all the while she's the central concern of Momma Raccoon Face and Hope at the station.  WILL IT EVER END?  

At least she's still being forced to wear those hideous clown pants in public.  Maybe she should stop complaining about Sami and start worrying about her REAL enemies - Hair and Wardrobe.

Wormface Will can't fall hard and fast enough for me.  Until he turned on his mother - and Kate - so swiftly, and seemingly without a second thought, I was doing my best to like him.  Now he is DEADTOME.  That lopsided grin he pops out with whenever he's thinking about how he's "teaching his mom a lesson" is making him look more and more like Harry Potter's house-elf, Dobby.  Without the charm or physical attractiveness, it goes without saying.

I thought it was interesting that for the first time, Jenn said she was embarrassed about Abigail's fling with EJ.  Of course, she said to Hope, so it probably means nothing other than Jenn being a little afraid that Hope wouldn't automatically find Abigail as blameless as the rest of the family do.  I don't think she had much to worry about, though.  Although Hope seems more detached about Abigail than either Kayla or Adrienne, she's just as detached about Sami.  And that line about Sami listening to Bo - has that ever been true?

Best part of the show for me was when Sami stormed in, mentioned Jenn's slutty daughter and Jenn, safely standing far away from Sami, hissed, "Shut your filthy mouth".

And then there's Marlena and her baby boy, Eric.  Man, Eric really IS Marlena's kid.  He's just as full of himself, though much, much dumber.  Marlena and Eric are just so "Manchurian Candidate" mother and son.  I know it's too much to ask, but can't Nicole just say "Fuck it, Eric may be cute but he's SUCH a moron" and just walk away from all this.  But nope, somebody had to steal that huge honkin' purse she borrowed from her grandma so Eric had to go get it back.  Seems to me that he's gone from Father Eric Brady to Eric-with-Boners-on-the-Brain Brady.  This guy manages to make even Sin seem neverendingly dull.

I didn't watch much, but it looked like Dirty Dan and Kristen's endless game of Twister is finally over.  

I can only hope they both dislocated their hips.

Edited by boes
  • Love 10
I'd laugh if Abigail and Sami joined forces to yell at him before turning on each other.

That would be pretty funny. Heck, all of Salem would probably be able to agree on this one thing: Will's article is a shitty thing to do. I mean, you have four people who will be directly hurt by the article - Sami, Kate, EJ and Abby - and those four pretty much cover all the sides of this issue, so pretty much everyone in Salem agrees with at least one of them and will be offended on their behalf by the article. Pretty much the only exception I can think of is Nicole, since she hates three of them but is unlikely to be sympathetic to Abby, given that Nicole dumped EJ herself for cheating on her.

• Love 1

It irritates me how Will only blames Sami for his less than ideal upbringing. Lucas and Kate were also involved but he absolutely never ever puts any of the blame on him. Kate set Sami up for murder and Lucas went along with it and Sami was almost executed as a result. Kate then spent years trying to ruin Sami's life. Why do they never get called out for what they did? If Sami is a WhoreSlutBitch for cheating on Rafe why didn't Will call Carrie out for using his dad for his sperm and then cheating on him with his brother?

I think that Will has legitimate feelings of resentment from his childhood but I also think that Will is all the more ready to let that go if Sami really changed.  I think the bigger reason why Will doesn't regard Lucas in the same way is that Lucas really has grown up and in the past has really made a change to be a better person and put Will and Allie first above scheming.  I think Will sees Kate as an extension of Lucas during the custody wars, so he doesn't really regard her as a third parent, even though she was.

I think with Sami, Will has seen firsthand what his mother is capable of and she has done a lot over the years to other people that has nothing to do with Lucas or Kate so he sees her scheming as a huge character flaw that she refuses to correct. 

If this storyline was better written we would see Will's point of view of him seeing that his mother was truly the "wronged party" but I think Will really wants Sami to make a clear cut decision and actually turn the other cheek and say "You know what, the old Sami would of destroyed EJ and Abby but I want to be a better person so I am divorcing EJ, never speaking to Abby and moving on with my life".  Now whether unrealistic and out of character that may be this is what I truly think Will was hoping for Sami to do.  I think he would be far more impressed with his mother if she decided to take the high road for once in her life, especially since she is the wronged party. 

With all that said I think Will is wrong in this situation and should give Sami some slack considering everything he has been through in the last couple of years and how Sami, Kate, and EJ have come to his rescue.  That is where I think we should have had a scene with Will and Sami where he actually tried to appeal to his mother and really put everything on the line for her and ask her to be the better person.  For example, the really wonderful scene we got with Sami and Caroline, we should have gotten a similar one with Will and Sami.

So while I agree that Will is wrong for writing the story, I can understand his desire for his mother to make a different choice and not go after someone even if she has the "right" too.  That to me is an incredibly compelling show of Will and Sami's history.  If this show was better written.

Edited by JBC344
  • Love 6

. Pretty much the only exception I can think of is Nicole, since she hates three of them but is unlikely to be sympathetic to Abby, given that Nicole dumped EJ herself for cheating on her.

I seem to remember Butterball Abigail going off on Nicole more than once, so I don't think Nicole will feel too bad for her.  If Show is at loose ends as to what to do with Nicole - and they are - I'd be FINE if they decided to have her just follow Abigail around and taunt her continuously.  You know, of the "Stop looking at me" and "I'm not touching you" sort of torture, pure grade school stuff.  

Maybe Nicole could make Princess Clownnose go poopy in her clown panties.

• Love 4
With all that said I think Will is wrong in this situation and should give Sami some slack considering everything he has been through in the last couple of years and how Sami, Kate, and EJ have come to his rescue.  That is where I think we should have had a scene with Will and Sami where he actually tried to appeal to his mother and really put everything on the line for her and ask her to be the better person.  For example, the really wonderful scene we got with Sami and Caroline, we should have gotten a similar one with Will and Sami.

Yes, and see, that's the sort of reaction that would have made sense to me, given the status of Will and Sami's relationship up to the point of EJabby being revealed. I don't expect him to think Sami is right in what she's doing, but given that she's his mother who's spent a lot of time and effort the last couple of years trying to help him while Abby's just a cousin (whatever the show claims about their oh-so-special relationship) who hasn't done anything much for him, and that Will and Sami's relationship had become pretty good, a logical reaction would have been more along the lines of Caroline. And even if Sami refused the appeal, still support her without supporting what she's doing. Not this scorched-earth approach where he's putting out an article that will hurt her, his grandmother, EJ, and oh yeah, the cousin who he's supposedly so interested in protecting in the first place.

The only way the scorched-earth approach makes sense is if I take it for granted that his indignation over Sami's treatment of Abby is just an excuse so he can get revenge on his mother for past wrongs. But if that's what it's supposed to be, the writers set it up poorly because Will and Sami had worked through some of their stuff (not all, but some) and were on good terms, and so this comes out of nowhere. What's the catalyst? Not Sami being mad at Abby, because that's so obviously not enough in itself that as I said, it only makes sense if I assume it's just an excuse for Will. So what's the real catalyst? If this were coming after Will saw Sami cheating on Rafe, that would have made sense as a catalyst. If this were coming after Sami was less than immediately accepting of Will's sexuality, that would have made sense as a catalyst. But these are the most recent events I can come up with, and they're years in the past, and have been addressed: Sami's become very supportive of Will and Sonny's relationship, and she worked things out with Rafe. And ironically, the reason Sami and Rafe finally broke up for good was because Sami stuck up for Will after it was revealed that he was the father of Gabi's baby.

So. Nothing about Will's actions here make sense to me. I need a reason for him to go scorched-earth on his mother; I can't buy that Abby's the reason, and while he certainly has past resentments, those past resentments need a catalyst, which I haven't seen, to bring them to the forefront after the past couple of years and make him willing to go this far to hurt his mother.

• Love 3