Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

The Abby Goes Nuts storyline could be really heartbreaking with a good actress, but this just feels like Abby lost a night of sleep and is less poised and more herself than ever.

Apprentice, you are not alone in liking that a female gets to be leading the dance for a change. Didn't see the Lani scenes though so I can't say more than that.

Deimos has become Clyde 2.0 in that he's played by a decent actor whose character I loathe almost immediately because he turns Kate into a fool who hurts others without a thought for the sake of a creepy, underdeveloped F Buddy relationship. Poor LK :( It's been downhill since AS left.

• Love 4

It's the writing. I can't believe from the way LK plays her character that she's this much of a horny, malicious idiot.

Remember how pleased she seemed in interviews teasing the Basic Black storyline with Nicole and Theresa about six months before it started last year? She'd rather be playing corporate Queen Bee than evil hussy, I bet...

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 5

Deimos has become Clyde 2.0 in that he's played by a decent actor whose character I loathe almost immediately because he turns Kate into a fool who hurts others without a thought for the sake of a creepy, underdeveloped F Buddy relationship. Poor LK :( It's been downhill since AS left.

Oh honey this is Kate though! She follows the same pattern with every no good man she meets and she ends up with egg yolks. This is nothing new if one has been watching this show as long as the 90s. I mean her track record speaks for itself: Stefano, Victor, Stefano again, Ian, Cylde and Deimos. What's the ol saying you can't turn a hoe into a housewife. Yeah it applies to Kate.

• Love 1

Apprentice, you are not alone in liking that a female gets to be leading the dance for a change. Didn't see the Lani scenes though so I can't say more than that.

Disney and Apprentice -- where I take issue with Lani in that scene is that Shawn made it clear he didn't want to have sex in the conference room at the police station. Which, good thinking there, Shawn. She didn't take 'no' for an answer. 

• Love 5

I despise Kate. She thinks only she is supposed to go koo koo over a man and treat her children like sh*t for one.

Well is she lying? Those children of hers never puts their mother in her place. They just keep on taking her foolishness and manipulation. Each one have their own brand of stupidity.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 2

Disney and Apprentice -- where I take issue with Lani in that scene is that Shawn made it clear he didn't want to have sex in the conference room at the police station. Which, good thinking there, Shawn. She didn't take 'no' for an answer. 

There's being an assertive woman who goes after what she wants--Nicole, Kate--and being a pseudo-rapist which is how Lani came off.  While I do enjoy watching Belle squirm that she's not the center of Shawn's existence, I don't like to see anyone being pressured to have sex.

• Love 6

I didn't see much of Kate in the 90s, but I do know she was blackmailed into marriage to Stefano. Very different from what happened with Clyde.

As I said, I missed the Lani scenes, waltz. That does sound extreme.

• Love 1

As I said, I missed the Lani scenes, waltz. That does sound extreme.

No shade intended, Disney (and Apprentice!) -- just clarifying my thoughts on the matter : )

ETA: Plus, I'm glad I'm not single. 

Edited by Lastwaltz
  • Love 1

No shade intended, Disney (and Apprentice!) -- just clarifying my thoughts on the matter : )

ETA: Plus, I'm glad I'm not single. 

Not a problem, I stand corrected...I did not see that scene play out of her wanting to have public sex , I saw the end of it when Shawn and Lani were referencing their shower scene..I assumed you guys took issue with her being so horny for Sean...I think that the show cut the scene where she took out a picture of Claire and Belle out of his wallet and sexed him up in the shower...If they had left it in the show, the rabid Shelle fans would have eaten her alive...lol

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

I'm not bothered too much by his relationship with Kate.  For me, though, when they had him try to kill Maggie, he became loathe-worthy. And it's too bad, as he is nice to look at, and can act. I would have been ok with him trying to make Victor pay for what he did 30 years ago, even if it is a stupid story-line, but he was just lucky that he was around in time to save Maggie.  I mean, what if it had happened when she was asleep, or somewhere other than Victor's house?   Was he trailing her everywhere she went?  What if Victor wasn't around when she needed the emergency antidote?  Just stupid.

As for today's show, I thought it was pretty good.  I liked that people were popping up for just a quick scene, like Marlena & Jennifer.  And it was nice seeing Justin not being a jerk.  But since when is Brady Greek?  

• Love 2

Yes, I don't recall any shower scenes (and I bet they'd be hard to forget, lol). 

It did not air. It was cut. So many good scenes were cut, especially when Bo was back..He had scenes with so many characters that were not Hope...I think he even spoke to Kimberly over the phone and Skyped with Claire..He also had poignant scenes with  Sean-Douglas,John and Marlena..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

I liked Justin and Brady agreeing to work together to ruin Deimos. Sounds like there will be some cahoots!

Dumb ans Dumber?? Loll. Brady is probably going to let us down again. If he can't figure out Summer what makes me believe he will succeed with Deimos. I do like that Justin is being utilized in this story since he too is a Kiriakis. He has steak in this family along with his 4 boys but to have Brady as his right hand is comedy. I don't trust it.

• Love 1

Dumb ans Dumber?? Loll. Brady is probably going to let us down again. If he can't figure out Summer what makes me believe he will succeed with Deimos. I do like that Justin is being utilized in this story since he too is a Kiriakis. He has steak in this family along with his 4 boys but to have Brady as his right hand is comedy. I don't trust it.

Exactly! Brady is actually dumber than Austin now..I never thought that was even possible on this show....

• Love 3

I enjoyed Maggie/Nicole and Maggie/Theresa.

Philip is an idiot.  Kate can only come out ahead by being dis-mothered by him.

Still don't feel bad for Victor.  He caused a woman's death out of jealously and male pride and put the frame on another man who then lost thirty years of his life.  He has a lot to pay for.

I do wonder why more people in dear sweet Abs' life aren't more freaked out by how easily she lies? 

No kidding!  Not only does she lie with ease and without remorse, her selfishness knows no bounds.  She has zero respect for other people's relationships, she's violent, and she gets pleasure out of being violent.  She should have been put away long before now.

• Love 5

No kidding!  Not only does she lie with ease and without remorse, her selfishness knows no bounds.  She has zero respect for other people's relationships, she's violent, and she gets pleasure out of being violent.  She should have been put away long before now.

and

Princess is not mental ill.  That is just her true personality.

are awesome because Abby doesn't regret what she did to Ben, she just regrets that Chad stopped the fire before it killed Ben.  No amount of intensive therapy can change someone that twisted.

• Love 7

Yes, Abigail's unraveling all right. Overall, today just made me sad that Chad and Abby were happy only for about a second. Glad they remembered Jennifer's her mom and threw her a few scenes with her family, finally. This show is making me so sour lately : )

• Love 3

I thought Kate dumped Deimos.  Why is she asking him for coffee?

Don't look now, Nicole, but your jacket is split up the back.

Maggie/Theresa/Nicole scenes were great.

I wish they would quit showing that flashback, I cringe every time Helena hits her head.

Was that supposed to be the park where JJ and Abigail met, or the DiMera gardens?

Didn't they say at the beginning that Helena was found floating in the ocean beneath a cliff?

• Love 2

Abifail is at some mother with the baby. That poor little baby. He's mother is a hot mess. He's even trying to hide under his blanket.

I have to admit that scene made me smile rather than roll my eyes like the rest of KM's scenes did today.  The baby is already a better actor than KM.  

• Love 4

JPL really is horrible.  A ventriloquist's dummy come to life is the perfect description of him, boes!  His continued employment is baffling, especially when so many talented actors that used to work on this very show are out there looking for work.

I think this is a calculated move on th shows' part. When you have talented actors, SN, MBE, GV, JA, AZ, LK, etc., and they can't effectively sell your schlock writing, people say the problem is the show, not the actor. You get crap actors and people are like, if the character was being played by a capable actor, this might work.

• Love 4

So Victor resented a half brother, young enough to be his son for very little cause, at least from what we've heard, then legitimately is angry because said young brother falls for the woman Victor is going to marry. Victor confronts the woman, calls her a whore (still one of his favorite words), accidentally kills her and then, without missing a beat accuses his young brother of murder and gives false evidence that gets the kid sent away for 30 years and DIEMOS is the evil one? Nooo, that would be you, Victor.

And Nicole is going to help him - ummm....why??

Maggie and Nicole and Theresa, gold.

Justin isn't so law and order right now, is he?

Abigail.....Bye, Bye, Momma...... I wonder, though, do chunky heels really go with straitjackets? At least she has the hair for where she's going.

Think Sami will send her a card?

• Love 11

Right now, it's Team Deimos. Victor, meet karma.

Maybe thirty or so years ago, Victor's 'Helena' being a whore may have been societally correct. Today, erm, not so much. Maybe it is very much a generational thing where in Victor's world view 30 or so years ago, that is how some women were seen.

Maybe Nicole is just creeped out that this Deimos dude keeps staring at her and that she resembles someone in Victor's past. Of course, that was never brought up years ago. A convenient current plot point. She certainly has no obligation to Victor. She may have some kindness and goodwill toward Maggie, who never really has treated her poorly.

Bye bye, Abigail. Most people who have access to mental health help are very well aware that if they have been kidnapped, held at gunpoint, etc. by some crazy ex-boyfriend, will need some counselling to help them. It's much easier to not think hugely clearly and instead manipulate your family and husband. Yes, not too far down the line you may very well be a danger to yourself and your baby. Your family is wealthy and can afford help and maybe you and your mom can get a discount. Also, Abs, do you have money to afford a hotel and food and such for you and the child?

Edited by Frozendiva
  • Love 5

Galen Gering cannot act. He never could, and he still can't.

He's always been overrated. The tone of his voice kind of wears on me, because it always sounds like "duh" (if that makes sense).

I am not a fan of this storyline with Summer, and I'm not sure exactly what we're supposed to take away from it. The only redeemable thing -- for me at least -- is the re-emergence of feisty Theresa.

• Love 1

She has Chad's money. 

But if she uses her credit or ATM card, JJ and the Salem PD can trace her. I don't think Chad keeps piles of cash lying around the DiMansion.

• Love 2

But if she uses her credit or ATM card, JJ and the Salem PD can trace her. I don't think Chad keeps piles of cash lying around the DiMansion.

Failure is stupid and unstable so I could believe she would use her cards without realizing she could be traced. 

• Love 4

So the show cut scenes of Brandon Beemer steaming it up in the shower, but gave us endless scenes of JPL in afterglow? Okay ...

Edited by Aymery
  • Love 4

This Summer character needs to go ASAP!

Are they going to make Nicole become the town pariah again by having her with Deimos to help Victor without anyone else knowing. That's what it looks like. Maggie will hate her while she is doing it all for the love of Daniel and his mother. I'm going to hate this storyline but AZ and VI do have amazing chemistry.

• Love 2

Shouldn't "Joey" be a little more natural in the acting department as he learns from working with SN and MBE? Shouldn't they be rubbing off on him a wee bit by now?

Remember how good Billy Warlock was in 1986? I loved Frankie when he first showed up, and he worked really well off of SN. Their scenes together could be very, very funny, or very, very serious. He stole Kayla's purse!

Edited by Revlonred
  • Love 2

The show is really bad. I am shocked by the deterioration..Everybody is so unlikeable and amoral....I want Steve to fight  for Kayla and earn her love back, but, not from Australian Daniel..I dislike him purely for his connection to the Orange one...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

You know...I'm open to Fynn/Kayla possibly having a few moments in the sack.  I know S&K fans don't want me saying it and I'll probably get read to filth but I just want to see it since I've seen Kayla with anyone but Steve.  The only thing I hate about it is they are bounding over St. Daniel.  Grr...

I do find it interesting Victor was married to Nicki all those years and never mentioned once about Helena.  But nevermind... haha... so the plan is to get Nicole to use her sex appeal, bed Deimos and try and marry him.   I do see Victor's motivation in all this especially when it comes to Maggie.  Yet Why do I feel this will backfire especially if Nimos actually falls for each other or Deimos feels played.  I do like the idea of Maggie getting involved.  Deimos crippled her and took away her ability to walk.  Plus even though the story is inconsistent Suzanne Rogers is doing a fabulous job.  I can totally see her getting an Emmy nomination.  No more Ms. Nice Maggie that's for sure.  Great scenes also from she and John Aniston. Even when Days stories aren't the best or make the most sense they definitely can write for their much older actors in the cast.

Joey's whiney ass can leave.  I'm over his angst and the actor's grizzly acting is wearing my patience along with the knockoff Bjork.

Summer and Brady don't care.  She still hasn't been hit by a bus yet.

• Love 6

You know...I'm open to Fynn/Kayla possibly having a few moments in the sack.  I know S&K fans don't want me saying it and I'll probably get read to filth but I just want to see it since I've seen Kayla with anyone but Steve.  The only thing I hate about it is they are bounding over St. Daniel.  Grr...

I do find it interesting Victor was married to Nicki all those years and never mentioned once about Helena.  But nevermind... haha... so the plan is to get Nicole to use her sex appeal, bed Deimos and try and marry him.   I do see Victor's motivation in all this especially when it comes to Maggie.  Yet Why do I feel this will backfire especially if Nimos actually falls for each other or Deimos feels played.  I do like the idea of Maggie getting involved.  Deimos crippled her and took away her ability to walk.  Plus even though the story is inconsistent Suzanne Rogers is doing a fabulous job.  I can totally see her getting an Emmy nomination.  No more Ms. Nice Maggie that's for sure.  Great scenes also from she and John Aniston. Even when Days stories aren't the best or make the most sense they definitely can write for their much older actors in the cast.

Joey's whiney ass can leave.  I'm over his angst and the actor's grizzly acting is wearing my patience along with the knockoff Bjork.

Summer and Brady don't care.  She still hasn't been hit by a bus yet.

I do want Kayla to have a fling with a man, but, not with Daniel part 2..I always wanted her to find love again after Steve's "death" However, the show has never  allowed Kayla to have a life outside of Steve...Steve has been able to screw any woman his heart desires with tragic consequences for my girl Kayla..I officially hate Joey for his nastiness towards Kayla, especially after he murdered somebody..He has one hell of a nerve. He needs to go away...What a douchebag! I cannot take Ava part 2 either...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5

The first time I've watched the complete episode in a while.  I still don't like Summer with Brady.  I also hated the way he was talking about Theresa's past to Summer.  It's none of Summer's damn business how Theresa used to be.  But the Maggie and Theresa's relationship does make me smile.  Victor and Nicole, I missed their marriage, but it did seem kinda cold how he told her to seduce and then marry Deimos.  I can understand why he wants revenge, but she (along with the rest of Salem unfortunately) is still mourning Daniel.  Go Maggie - I had to laugh that she wants revenge on Deimos because who would've thought Maggie would ever admit to something like that.  Suzanne Rogers and John Aniston are doing great.   It's amazing how horrible stories in the hands of incredible actors make it worth watching.  

Steve and Kayla broke my heart, but I have to admit I kinda like Fynn paying attention to Kayla.  Other than Jack (and then Shane), Kayla hasn't been able to have a man interested in her. Why, with a woman that looks as gorgeous as MBE, they do that, I don't understand.   I did like Steve using  I Love You in sign language because that is a call back to another time in their relationship when he had to fight her to not give up on their relationship. I hated Joey going off on Kayla. She has given Steve more than one chance over the years and now with Joey doing what he did to Ava, she has to do what she thinks is best for their son (and yes, I'm a major Steve and Kayla fan, I just need a break from Kayla always giving in to whatever Steve wants).   

Joey and Jade - that's all I can say.  

Edited by Lisa418722
  • Love 7

Kayla is back to dressing like a pilgrim nun again.

Why does Victor think that if Nicole does what he wants with Deimos, he will wind up getting anything out of it?  She could keep it all for herself.

I really don't understand this storyline veer with Kayla and Steve.

Wow, even Maggie goes dark.

• Love 4

1) You know...I'm open to Fynn/Kayla possibly having a few moments in the sack.  I know S&K fans don't want me saying it and I'll probably get read to filth but I just want to see it since I've seen Kayla with anyone but Steve.  The only thing I hate about it is they are bounding over St. Daniel.  Grr...

2) Joey's whiney ass can leave.  I'm over his angst and the actor's grizzly acting is wearing my patience along with the knockoff Bjork.

3) Summer and Brady don't care.  She still hasn't been hit by a bus yet.

1) I am a major Steve and Kayla fan, and not only am I not mad at you, I'm right there with you. Kayla has never been able to have a real relationship that wasn't with it somehow about Steve (marrying Jack, her delusional, grief over Steve relationship debacle with you know who). Stve needs to really get that Kayla might be lost to him for good if he doesn't get his act together, seeing her with another man, who doesn't feel the need to cower at the feet of the Steve mystique would do the trick. Besides, given that self-absorbed brat she calls a son, Kayla deserves to to be appreciated and treated well.

2) Joey, STFU you murdering bastard. Love how everything is Kayla's fault and nothing is your fault or your father's fault. Please take your ferret faced psycho in training girlfriend and get off my screen.

3) You've said it all, and I second it.

I do want Kayla to have a fling with a man, but, not with Daniel part 2..I always wanted her to find love again after Steve's "death" However, the show has never  allowed Kayla to have a life outside of Steve...Steve has been able to screw any woman his heart desires with tragic consequences for my girl Kayla..I officially hate Joey for his nastiness towards Kayla, especially after he murdered somebody..He has one hell of a nerve. He needs to go away...What a douchebag! I cannot take Ava part 2 either...

At this point, I'm even willing for Taniel Jr. to be the love interest, because they are clearly not going to put MBE in either VI or AM's orbits and in light of them casting JPL, I cringe to think who the show might cast as a temporary love interest because Steve and Kayla better be end-game. She just needs to have agency for a few months before deciding to take her one-eyed tomcat back. If they put her with anyone other than the Aussie, I can see them saying Ben, Abigail and Chad worked so well, let's make Kayla's new love a deranged serial killer.

On to today's episode:

I am Team Kayla 10,000% and I love my girl like cooked food, but Kayla, you should have given the photo to Steve (he looked so heartbroken), you do know you are able to get copies of photos, give the man something. Your dipish son deserves a kick in the behind and a lengthy time out and nothing more.

I liked how Fynn (sp?) dropped by to check on Kayla and the music that played, does this mean the show might give Kayla a temporary boo as she works through he feeling for Steve. HE BETTER NOT BE A SERIAL KILLER OR ANY OTHER FORM OF DEVIANT! (see above)

I have to agree with many of my fellow posters. Joey is not a likable character, and while he is doing what is written for him, I can't help but think that a more talented actor could play Joey as tormented and filled with angst, and not as a whining brat. I keep wishing he would just disappear ala Stephanie, perhaps the dimwitted brat's disappearance can usher his big sis back in. Common sense would say use Kayla's condition to bring Stephanie back, but this is Days, you know that had basically none of Bo's relatives at his funeral, treats Will as if he never existed, brought Ava, a character nobody was checking for or hoping for her to return, had Hope murder Stefano only to frame someone and have the Salem PD co-sign on her criminal behavior, got rid of Eric in a ridiculous way right after giving us glimpses into the possibility of him and Jennifer, and has turned Salem into the Taniel shrine, and the list goes on and on and on and on, so no hope for common sense there.

Don't get the Victor/Nicole teamup. Victor killed a women, and framed his younger brother, allowing him to spend thirty years (basically his entire youth in jail) he is no victim in this. Is Nicole doing this for Maggie. Once again show, you have failed to give us information that could help us understand what is going on.

• Love 7

Don't get the Victor/Nicole teamup. Victor killed a women, and framed his younger brother, allowing him to spend thirty years (basically his entire youth in jail) he is no victim in this. Is Nicole doing this for Maggie. Once again show, you have failed to give us information that could help us understand what is going on.

Victor told her that she needed to do it for Daniel's mother.

Edited by Rick Kitchen

Guilt and obligation are powerful motivators. Nicole is an adult woman who is probably in her mid to late 30s and pushing 40 and should be able to make her own choices. If she wishes to honour her dead fiancé, so be it. Maybe Victor can throw in some $ to make it worth her while. And a meaningful, sincere apology for his previous actions toward her. She owes him zilch.

Summer returning the stolen earrings - so what. I'm sure it's great and rewarding to meet your biological mother who gave you up for adoption 40 or so years ago, but it is really unlikely you will have a meaningful relationship at this point. As two adults, maybe. Get over yourself, get over your poor life choices.

• Love 4