Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Her legs are secured to the chair and her hands are zip tied. 

I'm not sure how far a pregnant woman would get running with her hands zip tied/handcuffed and kicking a man of Ben's size and strength while on a remote island. Where is Ben even getting the chinese food from? He had to leave the island and return to get that food. Look at what he did to Chad and Will. He's already knocked her unconscious while she tried to get away once, a pregnant kick isn't going to really do anything to him except make him get more violent and angry which doesn't seem like the brightest idea when trying to protect an unborn child. 

I was just about to post that the cameras made it a point to pan in on her ankle being cuffed to the bed.

• Love 1

Another good sweeps episode in the can! Love Bo, and I'm savoring these scenes with him. Poor Hope - it's gonna be a long road for her. 

The pacing has been great (aside from a down day here and there) and once again, the music is almost playing another character for me. But it looks to be the next morning and I'm still wondering where Ceara and Doug and Julie -- and yikes, Chase--are and why haven't they been told?  Why hasn't Bo caught up with Ceara and Shawn D? Why isn't Jennifer more worried about Abigail, who ditched a wedding to go off with Ben, who was acting strange? Whatever happened to Joey? What if Abigail had to use the bathroom while tied up to a chair, alone because Ben can't sit still for more than a second? Oy. 

The ending was WTF with Chad and Ben staring each other down -- maybe this will trigger Chad's memory? I'll be pissed if he gets beat up again. And a tiny point in the scheme of things, but I prefer the leather jacket : )

• Love 1

But it looks to be the next morning and I'm still wondering where Ceara and Doug and Julie -- and yikes, Chase--are and why haven't they been told?  Why hasn't Bo caught up with Ceara and Shawn D? 

Yes! I thought that too.  Half the town is reading that Aiden is the necktie killer on their tablets but has anyone told Chase his father is dead or Ciera that hers is alive???  Heaven forbid Chase goes for a cup of coffee at the town square and passes a newspaper stand. 

• Love 4

Yes! I thought that too. Half the town is reading that Aiden is the necktie killer on their tablets but has anyone told Chase his father is dead or Ciera that hers is alive??? Heaven forbid Chase goes for a cup of coffee at the town square and passes a newspaper stand.

Hope is going to be a hot mess.org when she finds out Aiden was set up to kill her and Bo dies. Like someone said on Twitter she's going to think she has a cursed vajayjay

• Love 4

I really enjoyed Show today, or at least most of it.  

The JJ I like seems to making his way back from that bottomless pit of despair he and Paige ended up becoming.  Maybe he's not the finest actor out there, but I think he's good and can get even better IF Show doesn't throw him back into the mud again.  He's got a nice affect, good delivery, and he and Gabi are good together. To tell the truth, this is the first time I've actually enjoyed Gabi - ever.  

Bo and Hope melted my icy heart.  The Aiden business chilled me on Bo's return storyline, but today, with that over, I was able to enjoy the ease these two project as a couple - even when they're a couple of frenemies, or downright hostile.  Today, with his return and Hope's trauma, I couldn't get enough.

I'm not interested in Kate and Eduardo, I'm interested in Kate and Nicole and Theresa.  But it wasn't awful, either.

And then there's Abigail......So is she really attached to her blouse, or her belt, or something?  Because when she looked down and said "You're more important to me than anything in this world", she sure as hell wasn't talking to her Lil' Chucky.  

And as for her pains, what the hell did she expect, eating egg rolls and doughnuts?

That was too brief a Jennifer sighting.  When she's Abigail free - same with JJ - she's not so bad to have around.  Ditching Dan did wonders for her.  Ditto for her Abigail free days.

• Love 8

I still find it hard to believe that the Hortons would be understanding of Gabi..She shot an unarmed man..It was first degree murder..It is obvious to me that the writers wanted to dismantle the Wilson family, so Gabi was conveniently release in order to facilitate that...

• Love 3

I'm not interested in Kate and Eduardo, either.  Kate is a beautiful, sophisticated and damn smart woman; so what do the writers do?  First they saddle her with a twang talking, meth dealing child molester, and now that he's finaly gone they're going to stick her with a family deserting creep who makes poor facial hair choices?  Stupid fuckers.  Give Kate someone better than this, please.

• Love 11

Thanks guys, for the warm welcome!

I have a few thoughts on the shows thus far this week.  It has been a strange anniversary celebration, to be sure.  The shows have been pretty watchable for me, but as others here have mentioned, it's all really dark.  It seems like just about everyone on the canvas is mourning someone dead, experienced recent mortal peril, or evil.  I would have liked to see a lot more happiness, even knowing that it's only temporary on any soap.  It's also really odd that they didn't go to the flashback well.  They could have even used Hope's near-death experience as a vehicle for doing so if they were dead set on keeping the plots they chose for this.  I am glad that Hope defended herself against Aiden, though I wouldn't have been opposed to seeing her actually be the one to overcome him in the end.

It is nice seeing Bo reuniting with more people--it was great to have a scenes of him with Victor, Roman, and Kayla today.  I hope we get to see him with Shawn D and Ciera next, rather than glossing over that beat.  I'm also actually liking JJ with Gabi, which is a surprise for me, as I haven't been the biggest fan of Gabi in the past.

Also, I have to mention that the recent Brady and Theresa business makes my head spin.  If they were going to redeem Theresa, it would have been nice to actually see redemption beyond "I want to be a fashion designer now," so that when Brady defends her to Victor, it actually makes sense.  Instead, I just find myself totally agreeing with Victor's points, possibly minus some of the more misogynistic language.  I don't think this pairing is doing Brady and Theresa any favors, either.  He looks like an idiot, she looks totally desperate.  I think Jen Lilley is great, but it would have been really nice to give her a new pairing (I'd love to see Theresa with Chad, if they could ever liberate him from Abigail) away from Brady, and to give her more time to flesh out her character/possibly become a slightly better person, before trying to sell us on the idea that she's "good" now.  She's done too many awful things for too long for me to be able to root for her with Brady.

• Love 9

I always thought that Gabi should go back to modeling. The Gabi/Eduardo scene was really good. And Rafe is being a punk with Gabi.

Gabi SHOULD go back to modeling. Rafe has always been a "punk" with Gabi. He's always been the way over protective brother to the point of stalker/obsession. Always. 

• Love 3

I'm still a few days behind but while languishing on the couch under a pile of dogs yesterday (it's just two and they are both middle sized dogs but they take up room!) I caught up on the wedding and the aftermath.

There was some hilarious stuff going on with Bo and Steve barreling back into town and not knowing a god damn thing about anything going on. Also, as happy I was to see Hope fight for her life the Bo and Aiden on-again/off-again brawl was kind of hysterical. It was a combination of 'we've built these select props with nails and staples made of spun sugar, have at it' and 'we've decided to get rid of these various tchotchkes so be sure to knock them around a lot.' Oh, the damage! Hope is going to have to buy entirely new furnishings! Or maybe her daughter can offer to steal them or something.

All that being said, as bothered as I am about how they decided to write Aiden out the actual moment of truth was pretty damn good. He was never a killer and Hope was never going to go into that good night quietly so that it all went horribly horribly wrong kind of fits the whole mess in the first place. But I also thought there was a touch of humor and wtf-ery with Hope coming to in Bo's arms and her just not knowing what the hell was going on. I also particularly liked her asking where Aiden was and Bo not knowing who that even was. 'I don't know any Aiden but there's some guy in front of your couch.'

Also, when Rafe and the SPD squad came in to Bo and Hope just sitting there... Hope looking devastated and shell-shocked (and rightly so) while Bo sat with his arm around her just stoically trying to be there... I really liked that. It felt exactly right for the complete mess that things actually were.

I also like Rafe being all 'none of this makes any fucking sense!' Although the whole bit with him and Bo... Bo being all 'You reacted when I mentioned the tie' and Rafe rather wearily responding with the 'we've got a serial killer running around' and Bo's all 'it must be Tuesday.'

Then when they get to the hospital and Steve comes running up to Bo asking what's going on. The exchange of:

"Yeah, Hope just got brought in. Her new husband tried to strangle her!"

"What? Why on earth would he do that?"

"I DON'T KNOW!"

made me laugh really hard. There's Steve wondering about the whys and Bo's all 'I CAN'T BE BOTHERED WITH YOUR PHILOSOPHICAL QUESTIONS, STEVE!!'

Kayla is at a bit of a loss right now. But it fits her. She feels really bad for doubting her mother when she was right all along about Bo being in trouble. That's totally something Kayla would feel bad about even though Caroline had no actual hard evidence... just a lot of visions while dealing with a degenerative brain issue. Next time someone starts having visions will Salem go 'well, this HAS happened before... a few times actually' or will they still be all 'oh WHATEVER [person's name here]! You're obviously just old/drunk/stupid/imagining things! GOD!'

HOWEVER, Kayla is still not altogether thrilled with Steve especially since he has brought trouble to their door and it landed in their son's blood stream. I do love how there's just 'drugs' in Joey's system. Nothing specific. Just drugs. A generic cocktail of generic drugs so they can say 'drugs!' over and over like it was 1985 and Nancy Reagan's "Just Say No!" policies had bled over to her appearing in music videos. (Although I did like Joey and Theo and them establishing that they've known each other since they were kids. Even funnier in Chase and Ciara's case given that it was, literally, three weeks ago that they WERE kids.) Steve finally confesses that he didn't ditch Kayla and Joey because he's a deadbeat creep who wants 'excitement' but that he had to take care of some serious shit that was super dangerous and he had to protect them. Kayla's really unimpressed with the fact that said serious shit that is super dangerous is not, in fact, taken care of at all and is instead leaving Steve notes at the hospital after landing Joey there.

Kayla's eyes are daggers. She honestly looks ready to cut Steve from nuts to neck and I am LIVING FOR IT!

Meanwhile, I'm going to say that it's Higley who has gone the route of 'let's have these women get sexual with men who are about to kill them or have been killing people' because... fucking HELL. She had Blair willingly climb into bed with Spencer Truman after she realized that he had set up (not)Todd for a murder that never happened in order to get the goods on him and I'm really wondering what the fuck is in this woman's head because... GROSS.

Seriously. So gross. Higley through and through and just fucking gross.

Edited by Dandesun
  • Love 10

I forgot to talk about Justin's bland and unsatisfying reaction to Chad getting out of jail -- he's been insufferable about this, and all we get out of his comeuppance is a shrug, half-smile, and arms folded. Was hoping for way better payback than that! 

• Love 5

Kayla seems to always need to think the worst or be angry at Steve. Perhaps it's a defense mechanism since she's scared to trust in him, let him in only to have him take off again. Steve joking around back at her amuses me. 

Ben's so crazy he confuses me. Ben tells Abby that he "doesn't want to talk about that murderer and how he got out."  Yet Ben shows and tells Abby that he knows he remembers killing the 3 and that he did it, yet he's still calling Chad a murderer. I guess he has such a mental disconnect all his actions of the killings is because Chad made him to do it. 

RSW is doing so well at this menacing scary. He would have been a better drug king pin than Clyde. BF also did great going from happy to get Abby's call to worry when he was hearing her responses.

John got fired, but isn't that what he wanted or no? He was refusing his assignments and said he was staying in Salem, so why is he shocked they'd fire him? Now I guess he'll want his job back? 

For Chace and Hope's sake I really hope the truth about Aiden being blackmailed somehow comes out.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 3

"My name is Chase Jennings. You killed my father, prepare to die."  Well I guess we know how Bo departs Salem now ;-)

Seriously though, SOARASing the kids just makes this timeline all the more confusing. In reality Bo has only been gone about 3 years which would be far more believable given the illness with Caroline and his captivity. Surely neither of them would have survived if Bo would have been held hostage for 7 or 8 years.  Yet, when they talked of Ciara and Chase knowing each other since they were kids, it makes it feel like Bo has been gone a lot longer. Is that to make us sympathetic to Hope moving on? I have no clue. I doubt the show does either. It's why when Bo and Steve were tied up together they fudged how long it had been. 

• Love 10

John got fired, but isn't that what he wanted or no? He was refusing his assignments and said he was staying in Salem, so why is he shocked they'd fire him? Now I guess he'll want his job back? 

Yeah that did seem like a no-brainer. You don't show up for work, you get fired. Either John has been mislead by the many people of Salem who don't do their jobs or thinks the ISA is like the Kentucky county clerks office. ;-)

• Love 7

Kayla seems to always need to think the worst or be angry at Steve. Perhaps it's a defense mechanism since she's scared to trust in him, let him in only to have him take off again. Steve joking around back at her amuses me.

I find it amusing because it's basically a reset of when they first met, no? Kayla was always kind of standoffish and even sometimes rude to Steve when they first met and he would just tease and taunt her in response...and we all know how that turned out. ;)

I really wished Lauren Boles got these scenes with Peter Reckell before the SORASING. Lauren would had broke my heart to bits.

This. Old Ciara >>>> New Ciara

• Love 5

That was so ridiculous that no one had told Chase when it was all over the internet and the media.  And why are they soft-selling it to him that Aiden "tried to hurt Hope".  He tried to kill her on her wedding night and is the presumed red tie killer?   They cannot shelter him from that.

I also really hate that we have sorased Chase and Ciara--it makes no sense at all.

I hope that when Hope gets over the shock that she investigates what was behind Aiden's attack on her.

Ben is super creepy.  Now he is free and clear as the killer, but he has the little problem of Abbifail who is preggers with his kid.  Once that kid is born, it's all bets off for her.   She better stay pregnant!

Are Ben and Abs in the same cabin that Jennifer was attacked in?  If yes, that place has bad mojo.

Ben has never heard of the speaker phone function?

• Love 4

I really wished Lauren Boles got these scenes with Peter Reckell before the SORASING. Lauren would had broke my heart to bits.

When Ciara ran into his arms and cried "daddy" that was always the scene I envisioned everytime Lauren's Ciara would talk about missing him. Today's scenes while sweet just didn't have the impact it should have had.

• Love 4

That was so ridiculous that no one had told Chase when it was all over the internet and the media. And why are they soft-selling it to him that Aiden "tried to hurt Hope". He tried to kill her on her wedding night and is the presumed red tie killer? They cannot shelter him from that.

Julie told Hope at the hospital they took Chase and Ciara's phones away and shut off the TV. But if theh were at school one would assume they would had heard something or people would had acted weird around them.

• Love 3

Julie told Hope at the hospital they took Chase and Ciara's phones away and shut off the TV. But if theh were at school one would assume they would had heard something or people would had acted weird around them.

I'm guessing this is a weekend in Salem. The Haiden wedding and the Bicentennial were likely not a week day for them; hence no school. 

• Love 2

I find it amusing because it's basically a reset of when they first met, no? Kayla was always kind of standoffish and even sometimes rude to Steve when they first met and he would just tease and taunt her in response...and we all know how that turned out. ;)

This. Old Ciara >>>> New Ciara

Don't forget that Emma hired Steve to scare the hell out of Kayla to keep her from discovering her nephew Andrew..I think that it is a shame that we have never seen Andrew on the show..He was the focus of so many storylines when he was a baby..It is too bad that we won't see him with his uncle Bo, he was willing to sacrifice his soul for him by becoming Victor's son....

• Love 4

I don't have  a problem with Kayla being hostile towards Steve. He deserves it and more.. She is always expected to forgive Steve and go along with what he wants...It is what I dislike about their relationship..She is never allowed to stay angry with Steve when he does something wrong. It was the same way with Marina. She was only allowed to be piss off for five minutes. Even with Jack, she had to forgive him so that Steve can have his brother back....

• Love 4

Yeah, they should of waited until after the Hope/Aiden/Bo storyline blew over and Bo is gone to SORAS the kids.  We know that Chase is staying in Salem so why bother SORASING them now. 

I'm assuming that Hope will want to raise him or he will be adopted by Rafe.  Just speculation here. 

Ughhh

Kayla needs to chill! Damn all she does is bitch now a days.

Everything Kayla said was right and deserved. The fact is, if Bo had stayed in contact with his family rather than going off on the ISA deep cover adventure of saving the world from Stefano, people would have wondered where he was. Yes, the retcon ignores how stupid and nonsensical the Bo was kidnapped by the people looking for Salinas' drug, when they should have gone to the source and not some random third party, but the basic fact is, had Bo been honest and made frequent contact, his disappearance would have been harder to pull off.

Now let's deal with Steve himself. He goes off on his ISA mission to save his family and lies to them and cuts them out of his life. Steve then comes back, the danger follows him, resulting in his minor son being hospitalized and he now finds himself in the position of having to tell all to Kayla anyway. So Steve could have avoided losing out on his marriage to Kayla, his relationship with his kids, the youngest of whom exists solely because he was supposed to be Steve and Kayla's second chance to raise a child together, had he just told the truth. Remember that every breakup and the vast majority of the problems Steve and Kayla ever had were rooted in his secret keeping, outright lies and lies of omission, he knows that such acts on his part always has disaterous results for Kayla as an individual and their relationship, but Steve as Kayla rightly noted, chooses to act like he doesn't get why what he did was wrong and why she is upset and doesn't simply fall into his arms upon his calling her Sweetness and his declaration that he did it because he loves her. Steve lost out on Stephanie's childhood through no fault of his own. He walked out of a good portion of Joey's childhood of his own free will. He got a second chance with the women he identifies as the love of his life and he threw that chance away as well as taking Kayla's agency away because he decided he knew what was best for her. Kayla reminds him that this is What happened and his actions are a case of same song, different verse, and she is in the wrong.

How does Kayla pointing this out and further stating that this is not what a family is supposed to be about make her wrong. After sufferering upon suffering, Kayla was finally given the opportunity to speak a truth Steve needs to hear. And as much as I love them as a couple and want then reunited, I hate the fact that Steve basically got the easy out, by saying he was wrong and then two seconds laterturning Kayla's correct statements into a referendum on their coupledom. Even more, I hate the fact that the showrunners, one of whom is a woman herself, feels comfortable shoving the same old trope down viewer's throats where the women must grovel at the feet of their men. I especially hated that Hope spewed this trope as she spoke to Bo today At least Bo was allowed to get it and own that Hope moved on because of the poor way he handled things, and not because she was a selfish shrew and tell her as much. Kayla is justified in her anger and disappointment, she is not an overreacting shrew. If any groveling is owed in the Steve and Kayla coupledom, it is Steve who owes it to Kayla.

I get why on the surface you view Kayla the way you do, I'm just asking that you look at the bigger picture of that relationship. Kayla's feelings and harsh treatment did not form in a vacuum, even if that's what the show is selling.

I don't have a problem with Kayla being hostile towards Steve. He deserves it and more.. She is always expected to forgive Steve and go along with what he wants...It is what I dislike about their relationship..She is never allowed to stay angry with Steve when he does something wrong. It was the same way with Marina. She was only allowed to be piss off for five minutes. Even with Jack, she had to forgive him so that Steve can have his brother back....

Exactly! Why is this acceptable behavior on Steve's part with Kayla being labeled the villain for trying to hold a grown man accountable for his actions?

edited because auto correct was clearly created by an idiot

Edited by Happytobehere
  • Love 6

Everything Kayla said was right and deserved. The fact is, if Bo had stayed in contact with his family rather than going off on the ISA deep cover adventure of saving the world from Stefano, people would have wondered where he was. Yes, the retcon ignores how stupid and nonsensical the Bo was kidnapped by the people looking for Salinas' drug, when they should have gone to the source and not some random third party, but the basic fact is, had Bo been honest and made frequent contact, his disappearance would have been harder to pull off.

Now let's deal with Steve himself. He goes off on his ISA mission to save his family and lies to them and cuts them out of his life. Steve then comes back, the danger follows him, resulting in his minor son being hospitalized and he now finds himself in the position of having to tell all to Kayla anyway. So Steve could have avoided losing out on his marriage to Kayla, his relationship with his kids, the youngest of whom exists solely because he was supposed to be Steve and Kayla's second chance to raise a child together, had he just told the truth. Remember that every breakup and the vast majority of the problems Steve and Kayla ever had were rooted in his secret keeping, outright lies and lies of omission, he knows that such acts on his part always has disaterous results for Kayla as an individual and their relationship, but Steve as Kayla rightly noted, chooses to act like he doesn't get why what he did was wrong and why she is upset and doesn't simply fall into his arms upon his calling her Sweetness and his declaration that he did it because he loves her. Steve lost out on Stephanie's childhood through no fault of his own. He walked out of a good portion of Joey's childhood of his own free will. He got a second chance with the women he identifies as the love of his life and he threw that chance away as well as taking Kayla's agency away because he decided he knew what was best for her. Kayla reminds him that this is What happened and his actions are a case of same song, different verse, and she is in the wrong.

How does Kayla pointing this out and further stating that this is not what a family is supposed to be about make her wrong. After sufferering upon suffering, Kayla was finally given the opportunity to speak a truth Steve needs to hear. And as much as I love them as a couple and want then reunited, I hate the fact that Steve basically got the easy out, by saying he was wrong and then two seconds laterturning Kayla's correct statements into a referendum on their coupledom. Even more, I hate the fact that the showrunners, one of whom is a woman herself, feels comfortable shoving the same old trope down viewer's throats where the women must grovel at the feet of their men. I especially hated that Hope spewed this trope as she spoke to Bo today At least Bo was allowed to get it and own that Hope moved on because of the poor way he handled things, and not because she was a selfish shrew and tell her as much. Kayla is justified in her anger and disappointment, she is not an overreacting shrew. If any groveling is owed in the Steve and Kayla coupledom, it is Steve who owes it to Kayla.

I get why on the surface you view Kayla the way you do, I'm just asking that you look at the bigger picture of that relationship. Kayla's feelings and harsh treatment did not form in a vacuum, even if that's what the show is selling.

Exactly! Why is this acceptable behavior on Steve's part with Kayla being labeled the villain for trying to hold a grown man accountable for his actions?

edited because auto correct was clearly created by an idiot

I love your post.. Steve always gets away with deciding for Kayla..He was the one that pushed her into marrying and staying with Jack, when she wanted to be with Steve..She paid for it by getting rape..The same thing happened with Marina who targeted Kayla from jump. Steve did not tell for her own good that he was once married to that witch Marina, invalidating Kayla's dream wedding..Marina harassed Kayla  for months  and when she was murdered. Kayla was blamed for it and was imprisoned heavily pregnant with Stefanie...I am so happy that Kayla is not letting Steve get away with his bull....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5

Just watching now.   Wow, even Abigail's baby can't stand to be near her.  If it has its way, we can expect to see it do this - 

Cane.gif

Looks like her, though, doesn't it?  Same svelte build.

It's such a shame nobody knows where Ben has her tied up.  What a perfect time for Chloe, Nicole, Eve and Lord knows who else to stop on by return the slap she handed out so freely to all of them.  

BTW, Kayla is fantastic today.  Sing it!

And Steve, I love ya, but stuff it.

Edited by boes
  • Love 4

Kristian Alfonso is beyond fantastic.  Every day she's bringing it, showing us how a pro does it.  Not histrionics, unless they're called for.  You can see the pain, the confusion, the utter shock not only in the way she looks and talks, but even in how she moves. Heartbreakingly good.

Bo has been too, since he got back to Salem.  While I miss Lauren Boles, too, I thought Bo was very touching in his scenes with the recast.  Julie, also, and even Doug.  And Chase too.

Good stuff.

Edited by boes
  • Love 10

Just watching now.   Wow, even Abigail's baby can't stand to be near her.  If it has its way, we can expect to see it do this - 

Cane.gif

Looks like her, though, doesn't it?  Same svelte build.

Boes, this is hilarious : ) Where did you grab it from? My first thought is Lost in Space...

Edited by Lastwaltz
  • Love 3

I'm not a frequent poster here, but I regularly read everyone's comments.  I gotta say that I am loving Bo and Hope.  They are without question my favorite couple ever and when PR left I was devastated yet hopeful that he would return someday.  In his absence, I was surprised how much I came to love Aiden and Hope together. I enjoyed their mature friendship, their love and their commitment to being a family with their children.  When PR's return was announced, I was a little unsure how to feel.  I thought we would get a back and forth triangle with Hope eventually choosing Bo, but I didn't expect the writers to so dramatically change Aiden's character and turn him into a psycho.  Geez, heavy-handed much?

So, in the context of the story that was told, I loved Bo's rescue of Hope though I'm not sure he really rescued her.  I think she came alive all on her own, but he did kill Aiden--I assume to establish the drama with Chase and Ciara.  Now, we have these Bo and Hope scenes where their chemistry and history is instantly palpable.  I didn't realize how much I missed this couple until now, so I'm grateful that I'm able to soak up whatever last morsels of shared screen time with these two vets that we're given.  They're just so natural and genuine with each other.  I feel like I'm watching two old friends, not a television program.  I realize this while I'm watching with a silly grin on my face and tears in my eyes.

This observation leads me to my other opinion of recent stories--Abigail's kidnapping.  Like many people have said, the actress who plays Abigail just doesn't have it.  I recently saw some photos of Ashley Benson from the days 50th celebration and it really struck me how much better this story could be with a better actress.  I realized while watching KA and MBE kill the material their given, that watching KM is like watching someone act, and that's the problem, isn't it?  I can tell that she's acting, and not doing a very good job of it either.  There is nothing naturally organic or authentic with her acting choices.  She's been on the canvas long enough and had the great opportunity to work with some outstanding vets and she is just not good or even getting better. Since Abigail gets so much screen time, I resent that a better actress isn't portraying this character. 

With all the returning vets and their increased air time, I feel like I'm watching two shows.  One with seasoned and competent actors and one with new actors who are trying to learn to act.  I wish they'd cram all the subpar Abigail stuff into one or two shows per week that I could completely skip and put the rest of the stories with our beloved competent actors into the other days.

Oh, and one last thing, I think I'd give my left arm in exchange for a bear hug like the one Bo gave Ciara.

• Love 12

I am a fan of Aiden and Hope, and I am sad to see Daniel Cosgrove leave the show. However, I don't think that Aiden's characterization was trashed to produce this murder storyline - in fact, I think the writers took it to a logical conclusion. One of the strongest pieces of characterization we have for Aiden is the extremes he will go to to protect Chase. The whole murder cabin/Meredith storyline was about that. He lied to Hope repeatedly, covered up for Chase, allowed Meredith's death to be labeled a suicide, and fled across the country - he even allowed Hope to pretty much conclude he murdered Meredith -- all to protect Chase. When he finally told Hope, it cost him a lot (I remember how emotional he was), and he said loud and clear that he would do ANYTHING to protect his son. And that was only to protect him from the truth that there was an accident when Chase was young that resulted in his mother's death. So now Aiden was confronted with the question - how far would he go to protect Chase? Would he kill Hope to save Chase's life? I think the writers muddied the waters with his gambling and the money troubles, because what it boiled down to is that Andre Dimera, when Aiden said he would pay back the money, asked Aiden if they should dig two graves - one for Aiden and one for Chase. Andre and Stefano were constantly saying that if he didn't kill Hope, they would kill Chase. So, he tried his best to kill Hope. I think all the torment he went through leading up to the wedding showed that this was the last thing he wanted to do and that he really loved Hope, but he felt he had to do it to fulfill his primary responsibility, which was to Chase.

• Love 14

I am a fan of Aiden and Hope, and I am sad to see Daniel Cosgrove leave the show. However, I don't think that Aiden's characterization was trashed to produce this murder storyline - in fact, I think the writers took it to a logical conclusion. One of the strongest pieces of characterization we have for Aiden is the extremes he will go to to protect Chase. The whole murder cabin/Meredith storyline was about that. He lied to Hope repeatedly, covered up for Chase, allowed Meredith's death to be labeled a suicide, and fled across the country - he even allowed Hope to pretty much conclude he murdered Meredith -- all to protect Chase. When he finally told Hope, it cost him a lot (I remember how emotional he was), and he said loud and clear that he would do ANYTHING to protect his son. And that was only to protect him from the truth that there was an accident when Chase was young that resulted in his mother's death. So now Aiden was confronted with the question - how far would he go to protect Chase? Would he kill Hope to save Chase's life? I think the writers muddied the waters with his gambling and the money troubles, because what it boiled down to is that Andre Dimera, when Aiden said he would pay back the money, asked Aiden if they should dig two graves - one for Aiden and one for Chase. Andre and Stefano were constantly saying that if he didn't kill Hope, they would kill Chase. So, he tried his best to kill Hope. I think all the torment he went through leading up to the wedding showed that this was the last thing he wanted to do and that he really loved Hope, but he felt he had to do it to fulfill his primary responsibility, which was to Chase.

I wish that he had to Hope the truth..She would have helped him defeat the Dimeras..They were supposed to be a team after he told Hope the truth about Meredith's death...

• Love 12

I wish that he had to Hope the truth..She would have helped him defeat the Dimeras..They were supposed to be a team after he told Hope the truth about Meredith's death...

I couldn't agree more. There were so many ways out of his dilemma that he did not explore. :(

• Love 11