Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I still can't believe that all of this murder and mayhem is the direct of result of Serial Killer being desperate to hang on to his faithless baby mama. Multiple people are dead so Abifail could be propped.

Especially when the whole storyline is just a means of getting rid of characters the new writers don't want.  Serena could have just left town as she planned. Paige was leaving to go to university.  And Will could have gone to Paris to try to win Sonny back.   None of them had to die to be gone from Salem.  And if they wanted Ben gone, he could have just gotten arrested with his father.

At least Aiden's reason for trying to kill Hope makes sense. He was suspected of killing his first wife, and he is trying to protect his son.  He didn't need the necktie killer idea to kill Hope.  Course this storyline is all about Bo, but since Bo and Hope are a real super couple, unlike Abigail and Chad, I would think most of the old fans returning for the 50th episodes are probably rooting for Bo to save Hope.   I doubt any of the old fans even know who Chad is.  I didn't when I came back to the show in summer 2014.

• Love 6

I only liked Brady when he was very dark and buried Vivian alive..He was interesting and he channeled his inner Kiriakis...He should have been more than what he is right now..They write him as incompetent, stupid, immature and easily manipulated by the women in his life.. He should have been fighting Philip and Alex for Victor's throne...I always wanted Marina to have a child out there with a vendetta against the Kiriakis family, specifically Brady because his mother Isabella had killed her in self-defense...The show had hinted back in the day that Abigail and Brady were destined to be together...Abigail was born at the exact moment, Isabella took her last breadth...I loved John and Isabella together..Drake was actually good in that storyline...

Why arent you writing the show!

Im actually pissed John sold Basic Black off to Kate/Nicole/Theresa. He could had passed it down to Brady and let him and Phillip go head up Titan vs BB. It would be so good! But Days writers have always sucked at business/corporate storylines but Id loved to have seen that and Victor being a controlling father and grandfather caught in the middle. That been some good soap.

• Love 2

Why arent you writing the show!

Im actually pissed John sold Basic Black off to Kate/Nicole/Theresa. He could had passed it down to Brady and let him and Phillip go head up Titan vs BB. It would be so good! But Days writers have always sucked at business/corporate storylines but Id loved to have seen that and Victor being a controlling father and grandfather caught in the middle. That been some good soap.

Exactly! I could see Victor pitting Philip against Brady, plus they have a past fighting over Chloe...Don't forget Justin and his sons trying to get a piece of the Kiriakis pie. Justin's son Victor Jr would be as ruthless as his great Uncle Victor. He may not be a biological Kiriakis, but he would prove with his machinations, that he is indeed one...For many years Justin and Victor only had each other..They were always more like father/son than uncle/nephew. It is part of the reason why Victor hated Adrienne so much..The Kiriakis family being in turmoil could have reawakened the Dimera/Kiriakis feud...It could have ushered the arrival of Andrew Donovan an ISA agent just like his dad Shane determined to bring down the Kiriakis family and avenge his mother Kimberly..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

Exactly! I could see Victor pitting Philip against Brady, plus they have a past fighting over Chloe...Don't forget Justin and his sons trying to get a piece of the Kiriakis pie..For many years Justin and Victor only had each other..They were always more like father/son than uncle/nephew. It is part of the reason why Victor hated Adrienne so much..The Kiriakis family being in turmoil could have reawakened the Dimera/Kiriakis feud...It could have ushered the arrival of Andrew Donovan an ISA agent just like his dad Shane determined to bring down the Kiriakis family and avenge his mother Kimberly..

See I never watched the Victor/Kim/Shane storyline yet but always read good things about it especially since Victor was an evil sob back then.

Ugh but this is why the writers have frustrated me the last decade or so. They could have played these beats that you've mentioned. Tom Langan was headed that direction with Phillip and Brady, IMO, before he was fired.

Victor was an unrepentant SOB, he tried to destroy Kim and Shane. It only deepened their bond. His obsession of Kim nearly destroyed her.  Kim was such a tragic character, but sympathetic. It  irks me to see Caroline smiling at Victor the way that she does..It bothers me on so many levels....Given the horrible things that Victor has done to her family, especially her daughters....I love the fact that Bo has never treated him like a father..He has never called him dad, Shawn Brady was his dad period, biology be damn! 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

I love the fact that Bo has never treated him like a father..He has never called him dad, Shawn Brady was his dad period, biology be damn!

I think Bo and Victor have mellowed over the years. He dont call him dad but doesn't object to his kids getting to know their grandfather. That speaks to the character of what type of man Bo is. He wont punish his children like that.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 3

I think Bo and Victor have mellowed over the years. He dont call him dad but doesn't object to his kids getting to know their grandfather. That speaks to the character of what type of man Bo is. He wont punish his children like that.

I have always gotten the impression that Bo has allowed his kids to have a relationship with Victor because Shawn is dead..If Shawn was still alive, I don't think that Bo would do that to Shawn SR...A few months ago, Victor was talking smack about Shawn. There is no way that Bo would allow Victor to talk to Theresa, the way that he does..He was willing to  become victor's son to get Victor to give Andrew back to Kimberly..Bo loves his siblings...I loved his relationship with Sami, the show never did more with their status of being Black sheep Bradys...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

I have always gotten the impression that Bo has allowed his kids to have a relationship with Victor because Shawn is dead..If Shawn was still alive, I don't think that Bo would do that to Shawn SR...A few months ago, Victor was talking smack about Shawn. There is no way that Bo would allow Victor to talk to Theresa, the way that he does..He was willing to become victor's son to get Victor to give Andrew back to Kimberly..Bo loves his siblings...I loved his relationship with Sami, the show never did more with their status of being Black sheep Bradys...

Thats not really true. Chelsea visited Victor and called him granddad and so does Ciara.

Oh I dont give shit about Theresa. Wasnt this the same chick who tried killing John her once uncle too? I loved how John gave her the sniff a fart face the other day during the bincennital celebration. He has every right to be wary of her and worried for his son. Just because shes a Brady doesn't mean she is saintly, look at Eric Sr., Sami and Chelsea. Even those Hortons arent saintly. Remember Bill raped Laura. Nick tried to rape Gabi. Lucas (with the help of Kate) almost got Sami executed.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 1

I have always gotten the impression that Bo has allowed his kids to have a relationship with Victor because Shawn is dead..

Isabella talked to Bo about Victor before she died - it was one of the final things she considered important to do. That conversation and Isabella's subsequent death was the turning point both in Bo/Victor's relationship and Victor's position on the show in general...he went from being one of the show's villains to a more nuanced characterization as a powerful and dangerous man, but one who sparred with other grey characters or outright villains, rather than causing trouble for the heroes.

• Love 4

Even if Serial Killer managed to get Chad out of the picture for good, what happens after that? Is he prepared to go on a killing spree every time Trollop cheats on him?

That's what I have been wondering. I mean does he plan to go on a killing spree every single time she cheats or what? This is so damn ruthlessly stupid. He has to know based on her history before their relationship and personal experiences with being with her it would be inevitable again.

And the show runners said a million x in interviews it would be terribly shocking the killer reveal and make our blood curdle learning the culprit. I honestly wasn't that dismayed and applalled. I think back to the killer reveal on Twin Peaks

that Leland Palmer killed Laura Palmer his daughter and was possessed by a demonic entity and Laura was so damaged by the abuse she had that double life. And the hero of the show at the end was possessed by it and it cycle would begin anew. That was, though esoteric, in the story telling, more dismaying

. Or I think to BEE's American Psycho and how artfully that was told. That beyond the surface of things and qualities so valued by society is incredible malice, nihilism, and cruelty and by uses the examples of killing it was making a statement about all the other faults his group championed. I'm rambling but if they had committe to this killer story it should have been told with meaning. I actually think it would have been dramatic if it was Daniel or Eric and they could have tied in a philosophical slant.

Aiden and Hope's confrontation was very tense and depressing. I felt so bad for her. I watched once and haven't rewatched but didn't he say at one pr during the struggle when she was defending her life "come back" or "stay here" almost like a lover? Ugh. And sleeping with her before trying to kill her?

Could Victor be more obvious that he still loves and wants Caroline and has settled with Maggie?

I liked Theresa's hand fling as she walked away from Brady. JL did great this week showing longing, confusion, and frustration.

• Love 5

I remember how sad Caroline looked when she found out about Victor and Maggie.  Vic went out of his way to meet with her but she always looked uncomfortable around Maggie for a long time afterwards.  The stupid fake kiss tradition was supposed to make us think he and Naggie still have a spark.  Bleck.  And whoever said a page or two back about hating the sound of her voice (along with Julie) sure has that right.  That along with the cheerful little girl voice she puts on.  They didn't have to do much to make her hair even bigger, did they? I love how there's always been a close tie with Vic and Caroline through the years so well portrayed by these actors. 

I don't think there's anything wrong at all with nuChase.  He reminds me of kid Chase too. Ciara looks too old for the role and all I can see in my head is that snake picture. I have to laugh at these kids who are nearly adults, having to hang out with Joug and Dulie all night.  At least they got out of that stuffy mansion room, I was worried that's all it would be.  I didn't expect a ton of extras but it looks like the party was for the Salem Elite only. 

Disgusting as it was for Aiden to do it with Hope, she was all over him the second they walked in the door.  She wouldn't let him get away.  The insurance policy was in place long before Aiden came along and he was shown going online to change the beneficiary to himself.  But yeah, he wouldn't have gotten away with it. 

I'm loving Trollop being handcuffed way too much.  Wouldn't it be great if she had to face cutting off her arm or give birth standing up, fetal horns and all? Or at least poo her pants?  Maybe starve for a long time?  Since I guess we can't bury people alive anymore :(

As drawn out as it was, I'm sad to see the comedy stylings of Bo and Steve end.  I thought the scenes with the plane going down were technically pretty well done.

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 4

That's what I have been wondering. I mean does he plan to go on a killing spree every single time she cheats or what? This is so damn ruthlessly stupid. He has to know based on her history before their relationship and personal experiences with being with her it would be inevitable again.

He's not a serial killer because Abby slept with Chad. Sleeping with Chad, doesn't make a person strangler people in cold blood like he did with Paige, Will, and Serena. Ben's psychotic and nobody made him that way, nothing Abby did cause him to be psychotic. She's not to blame for his actions and mental instability. As has been shown long before the killer story started, Ben had issues, issues with anger, issues with the law, issues we don't even know all about yet and are still hidden. 

So how Abby sleeping with Chad is to blame for all he's done is ridiculous, is she to blame for what he did before coming to Salem also? Who do we blame all his actions then on? A previous girlfriend? Why is the girl to blame for the man being a violent killer? 

And what is her cheating "history?" She was with Max, they ended things and she left for NY. She was with Chad, he cheated on her with Melanie they mutually broke up. She briefly dated Cameron, she reunited with Chad until the break up when he went to Boston. She cheated with EJ when she was single and then for the first time cheated on Ben. So where's this she's a cheating whore who cheats on all her boyfriends coming from?

• Love 4

Isabella talked to Bo about Victor before she died - it was one of the final things she considered important to do. That conversation and Isabella's subsequent death was the turning point both in Bo/Victor's relationship and Victor's position on the show in general...he went from being one of the show's villains to a more nuanced characterization as a powerful and dangerous man, but one who sparred with other grey characters or outright villains, rather than causing trouble for the heroes.

I totally forgot about Isabella bringing Bo and Victor together. However Bo has never treated Victor like Shawn Sr, at his funeral he said that Shawn was his one and only dad. 

And what is her cheating "history?" She was with Max, they ended things and she left for NY. She was with Chad, he cheated on her with Melanie they mutually broke up. She briefly dated Cameron, she reunited with Chad until the break up when he went to Boston. She cheated with EJ when she was single and then for the first time cheated on Ben. So where's this she's a cheating whore who cheats on all her boyfriends coming from?

There is the "little incident" with Austin, when she totally went after a married man & made him think they actually had sex. She  then went after EJ...also married with children no less...that she was close to! Maybe not the technical definition of a cheater since she was not in another relationship at the time, but not a lot to defend her for IMO.

Then she actually cheated on Ben w/ Chad. Girl just can't make up her mind it seems.

Abby as written is very immature & won't own up to her mistakes...and if she does all of Salem is there to tell her it's not her fault. Just not a character I can feel for...especially with KM's rather one dimensional acting.

• Love 3

All of Abigail's relationships since KM took the role have had Abigail either cheating with someone or having a second guy as a potential relationship.  I think that knowingly having sex with someone in a committed relationship makes one a cheater.  

She tricked Austin into thinking they had sex, she was going back and forth between Cameron and Chad, she cheated with EJ, and she cheated on Ben.  She also had relationships with Carrie and Sami.  They thought she was their friend and she betrayed those perceived friendships. It just feels like she doesn't care about who she hurts as long as she gets her way. 

Abigail didn't make EJ cheat, but she went after him on multiple occasions and didn't care if it hurt his kids or Sami.  She then acted like EJ was cheating on her with Sami.  

She would get indignant whenever someone tried to move on after a relationship ended.  She acted jealous when Cameron and Chad tried to move on with other women. She was disparaging toward Chad when he was with Jordan and starting a relationship with Zoe.  I think she also got between Cameron and Gabi potentially dating before he left. There was a concert or something.  

In terms of Melanie and Chad, she had a crush on Austin when she and Chad broke up the first time. I thought that Chad and Melanie only kissed and then stopped because they both cared about Abigail.  Melanie didn't want to hurt Abigail and backed off. Then when Chad and Melanie were considering getting together Abigail accused them of betrayal. 

Her cheating on Ben was just part of a pattern of indecisiveness and dishonesty. She's lied to Ben on multiple occasions and found ways to be with Chad. She should have just ended it when he was said they should break up a few months ago.

She doesn't seem to have empathy and doesn't care about the consequences as long as she gets what she wants.

The writers haven't done the character any favors. Fans of two popular couples turned against the character when she first tried to break up Austin and Carrie (even though Carrie was having her thing with Rafe) and then she was an interloper with EJ and Sami. There seems to be no real character growth either.  I don't think she's a "whore," I do think she is a cheater and a liar.

• Love 11

There is the "little incident" with Austin, when she totally went after a married man & made him think they actually had sex.

She was a teenager on a soap and she didn't drug and rape him (unlike Sami who did do that at an even younger age).  The "little incident" also resulted in Abby herself telling Austin and Carrie the truth because she knew she was wrong. There was the EJ affair, where he was the cheater and she did cheat on Ben with Chad. A guy she's loved since she was a teenager and been on/off with for a long duration. 

Triangles on soaps happen, it's a drama, and  one party usually is scheming, that happens too. Married Adrienne just had an affair with Lucas, married Justin just had an affair with a coworker. Carrie cheated on Austin with Mike she cheated on Lucas with Austin then cheated on Austin again with Rafe. It happens. Carrie's not called names. Will married Sonny then cheated with 2 different men within a year of that marriage.

Yet the attacks on Abby is really extreme when she's done the least than the majority of the cast.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2

Theresa has hit an all time low by begging  a man to screw her who constantly tells her he hates her and has no respect for her. Why still stay in a man;s house who would rather call you a slut, whore, or bitch than say a kind word to you. SMH. At least John keeps his opinion to himself now. She is pathetic.

• Love 5

She was a teenager on a soap and she didn't drug and rape him (unlike Sami who did do that at an even younger age).  The "little incident" also resulted in Abby herself telling Austin and Carrie the truth because she knew she was wrong. There was the EJ affair, where he was the cheater and she did cheat on Ben with Chad. A guy she's loved since she was a teenager and been on/off with for a long duration. 

Triangles on soaps happen, it's a drama, and  one party usually is scheming, that happens too. Married Adrienne just had an affair with Lucas, married Justin just had an affair with a coworker. Carrie cheated on Austin with Mike she cheated on Lucas with Austin then cheated on Austin again with Rafe. It happens. Carrie's not called names. Will married Sonny then cheated with 2 different men within a year of that marriage.

Yet the attacks on Abby is really extreme when she's done the least than the majority of the cast.

Having that smoking hot affair with EJ is probably what set the wheels in motion for the character to be in one of the most popular storylines on the show right now. I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes.

She was a teenager on a soap and she didn't drug and rape him (unlike Sami who did do that at an even younger age). The "little incident" also resulted in Abby herself telling Austin and Carrie the truth because she knew she was wrong. There was the EJ affair, where he was the cheater and she did cheat on Ben with Chad. A guy she's loved since she was a teenager and been on/off with for a long duration.

Triangles on soaps happen, it's a drama, and one party usually is scheming, that happens too. Married Adrienne just had an affair with Lucas, married Justin just had an affair with a coworker. Carrie cheated on Austin with Mike she cheated on Lucas with Austin then cheated on Austin again with Rafe. It happens. Carrie's not called names. Will married Sonny then cheated with 2 different men within a year of that marriage.

Sami, Carrie, and Will aren't even on the show.

And even if they were is that supposed to negate others actions. I mean we can play the compare and justification game for a while. ..... Sami, Carrie, and Will did all this but they weren't mobsters with huge crime syndicates like Stefano. ......Stefano may do all that but at least he's not a pedophile too like Clyde. But but but ....he does but so and so do.

The weird how this would be the go to because it's so removed from normal thinking like "so what I shoplift. At least I don't rape like such and such!"

Also I think you Accidentally misunderstood what I said.

• Love 6

Sami is called out by everyone every time one of her lies or schemes blows up. Will was called out by everyone on this board and some people in Salem after his cheating and scheming was exposed and when he was murdered he and Sonny were on the outs. The difference between Trollop and most of the other people in Salem is that they're called out on their shit and the people they hurt are allowed to react without being mad to look like the devil. Abifail is hardly ever lambasted for her behavior and when it does happen it only lasts for one episode. The few times Abifail has tried to be critical of herself she has people lining up to tell her how amazing she is and how nothing is ever her fault. Jen would have rather believed that EJ "forced" Abifail to have sex with him rather than accept that her daughter is trash. Big Bad Meanie Sami was treated like the devil reincarnated because she had the audacity to be mad at the girl who had sex with her fiance. Jen even tried to act stank with saint Carrie for yelling at her precious daughter. The way people in Salem treat sociopath Abifail is sickening.

• Love 12
The few times Abifail has tried to be critical of herself she has people lining up to tell her how amazing she is and how nothing is ever her fault. Jen would have rather believed that EJ "forced" Abifail to have sex with him rather than accept that her daughter is trash.

So she's ridiculously and seems personally hated and called trollop/whore etc.. because she knows she was wrong, admits it but because other people who love her defend her that makes her the worst? Ok. Yet in the same posts, she's also blamed for Ben being a killer while he gets no blame? You're calling her a sociopath, do you even know the meaning of the word? Abby admits to everyone who tried  to excuse her how she was wrong  to have the affair with EJ, she admitted she was wrong and lied to Austin and Carrie's faces. Abby's the opposite of a sociopath. She even recently took all the blame and said it was all her fault that Chad almost got caught, since the cabin was her idea. So how is she a sociopath? The extreme hate for her is nuts.

It's silly that people would expect a family member who loves their daughter to not be on her side and try to defend her. Jenn defended JJ over his drugs and everything too, what's JJ called and hated? Jennifer is her mother, of course she'll defend and try to love/support her children when they do wrong. What did people want Jennifer to do? I guess what a mother is supposed to do is throw Abby's clothes out in the street, put an A on her back and call her a whore.

Gabi is back after committing murder of a Horton, yet everyone in town and all the Hortons so far are kissing her hello and treating her like she didn't do anything at all that was wrong to someone they loved and was part of their family, but Abby's still a trolloping sociopath for her family being on her side? Where's the name calling for Gabi? She caused the bomb explosion, kidnapped Melanie, had a fake stalker to just steal Chad, lied about Ari's paternity and was part of a plan that blackmailed Will and covered up a crime. Nobody calls her out on a daily basis, Rafe covered up all her crimes and defended her and he's a cop! Rafe didn't accept his sister is murdering trash, or is she not and only Abby is trash for sleeping with an engaged guy while everyone  who commits felonies are not as bad.

Sami, Carrie, and Will aren't even on the show.

And even if they were is that supposed to negate others actions. I mean we can play the compare and justification game for a while. ..... Sami, Carrie, and Will did all this but they weren't mobsters with huge crime syndicates like Stefano. ......Stefano may do all that but at least he's not a pedophile too like Clyde. But but but ....he does but so and so do.

Will was just on this show, we're still in his aftermath and Sami's always around.

I have yet to see Will slut shamed for his multiple affairs while married. Sonny's grieving, Will didn't have one person not even really Sonny call him out on his multiple cheating and slut shame him.  He wasn't called a whore, he wasn't called a trollop, he wasn't called names on a daily basis. It only Abby that has this obsessive hate she's blame for a killer being insane?  Will was still treated the exact same, with even Sonny going out and still spending time with him. 

I would really like to know who is to blame for the crimes Ben did before Salem, since everything he's done in Salem wrong is all Abby's doing.  If she made him a murderer. Who made Clyde a pedophile or a drug dealer? He's not responsible for his actions, since only Abby is responsible for hers right and apparently everyone else's like Ben's too. 

Edited by Artsda

You're last 2 posts have put words in my mouth. Here's what I actually wrote:

So nowhere did I say he's a serial killer because she slept with Chad. Or that she caused him to become psychotic. The dialogue written on the Show has indicated this was his trigger. And as far as we know he's only killed in those types of moments.

For others here, it confuses me even if Chad was convicted and Ben and Abby resolved- Ben almost certainly would start killing again when he perceives a rival since this is how she rolls. Has that even crossed his mind?

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 5

So she's ridiculously and seems personally hated and called trollop/whore etc.. because she knows she was wrong, admits it but because other people who love her defend her that makes her the worst? Ok. Yet in the same posts, she's also blamed for Ben being a killer while he gets no blame? You're calling her a sociopath, do you even know the meaning of the word? Abby admits to everyone who tried  to excuse her how she was wrong  to have the affair with EJ, she admitted she was wrong and lied to Austin and Carrie's faces. Abby's the opposite of a sociopath. She even recently took all the blame and said it was all her fault that Chad almost got caught, since the cabin was her idea. So how is she a sociopath? The extreme hate for her is nuts.

It's silly that people would expect a family member who loves their daughter to not be on her side and try to defend her. Jenn defended JJ over his drugs and everything too, what's JJ called and hated? Jennifer is her mother, of course she'll defend and try to love/support her children when they do wrong. What did people want Jennifer to do? I guess what a mother is supposed to do is throw Abby's clothes out in the street, put an A on her back and call her a whore.

Gabi is back after committing murder of a Horton, yet everyone in town and all the Hortons so far are kissing her hello and treating her like she didn't do anything at all that was wrong to someone they loved and was part of their family, but Abby's still a trolloping sociopath for her family being on her side? Where's the name calling for Gabi? She caused the bomb explosion, kidnapped Melanie, had a fake stalker to just steal Chad, lied about Ari's paternity and was part of a plan that blackmailed Will and covered up a crime. Nobody calls her out on a daily basis, Rafe covered up all her crimes and defended her and he's a cop! Rafe didn't accept his sister is murdering trash, or is she not and only Abby is trash for sleeping with an engaged guy while everyone  who commits felonies are not as bad.

Will was just on this show, we're still in his aftermath and Sami's always around.

I have yet to see Will slut shamed for his multiple affairs while married. Sonny's grieving, Will didn't have one person not even really Sonny call him out on his multiple cheating and slut shame him.  He wasn't called a whore, he wasn't called a trollop, he wasn't called names on a daily basis. It only Abby that has this obsessive hate she's blame for a killer being insane?  Will was still treated the exact same, with even Sonny going out and still spending time with him. 

I would really like to know who is to blame for the crimes Ben did before Salem, since everything he's done in Salem wrong is all Abby's doing.  If she made him a murderer. Who made Clyde a pedophile or a drug dealer? He's not responsible for his actions, since only Abby is responsible for hers right and apparently everyone else's like Ben's too. 

Sonny did call Will a whore when he confronted him about the affair. Will was slapped, punched, humiliated and threatened by different people in Salem for hurting Sonny. Nobody excused his infidelities. He had members of  Sonny's family actively scheming to put Sonny with Paul.  He was not given a pass and to add insult to injury he was murdered so that Saint Abigail can be propped to the heavens..I don't have a problem that you like Abigail, it  is your right. Don't whitewash that bitch's hateful actions. I despise her for her smugness towards Sami after her affair with EJ and for gaslighting Austin endangering his career and his marriage to Carrie.  Abigail has never suffered for her indiscretions. In fact, she has been rewarded for it...If you call out Abigail for her actions, you are evil..See Theresa, Anne, Eve and Sami for further proof...I won't  even touch upon how she likes to put her hands on people, when she is defied by them...There is nothing sympathetic about her..This is coming from somebody who loves Jack Devereaux, a man who raped Kayla Brady, the ultimate good girl on the show. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 8

You're last 2 posts have put words in my mouth. Here's what I actually wrote:

So nowhere did I say he's a serial killer because she slept with Chad. Or that she caused him to become psychotic. The dialogue written on the Show has indicated this was his trigger. And as far as we know he's only killed in those types of moments.

Exactly. No one here has said that Abifail put a gun to Serial Killer's head and forced him to start killing or that he isn't responsible for his actions. What we said is that Serial Killer killed Serena, Paige, and Will so he could frame Chad and keep him away from Abifail. And why did he feel the need to keep Chad away from Abifail? Because she fucked him in a garden, runs to be near him at every opportunity, and lies to Serial Killer's face repeatedly. Abifail being a fickle, lying, cheater does not justify Serial Killer's behavior, but her and Chad's actions are why he went on a killing spree in Salem. That's a fact. That's what's been shown on screen

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 10

No, why he went on a killing spree is because he's a mentally unstable psychotic person. That's what has been shown on screen.

Nothing anyone did is the reason or at fault, but Ben. Ben could have just killed Chad in the first place. Instead of going on a killing spree of Salem with a diabolical frame up plan. The justifications of having to kill innocent people to get rid of Chad to prove to Abby that Chad is bad, is just his irrational reasoning's of a mad man. 

If he wanted Abby to himself, kill Chad, 1 person, done. If they were his "trigger."  Yet that's not what happened and it's because of Ben's mentality that this happened, he needed to kill people, other innocent people, he saw them as tools for a sick plan and not as people. That's all on Ben, not because of his crazy reasonings of getting Chad to be put in jail, but because he's just crazy. Period.

.I don't have a problem that you like Abigail, it  is your right. Don't whitewash that bitch's hateful actions. I despise her for her smugness towards Sami after her affair with EJ and for gaslighting Austin endangering his career and his marriage to Carrie.  Abigail has never suffered for her indiscretions.

Who needs to whitewash when "the bitch's" actions are mentioned and pointed out on a daily basis. I don't even care if people detest her, but having to hear about it on a daily basis just shows obsession over hating her especially when she's not on the episode. The twisted need for her to suffer is just odd, especially for things that occurred years ago. Her name was outed in the magazine, Sami made sure she lost her job. Yet she didn't suffer enough for that?  Did Sami suffer for raping and drugging Austin? She was never jailed or everything Sami did to Carrie? Did Adrienne suffer for sleeping with Lucas? Did Justin suffer for cheating on Adrienne? Did Patch suffer for leaving his family for years? He's being declared a hero and being whitewashed to the heavens. People who murder people and got out of jail after a few months, I'm not seeing the need for them to suffer. Abby sleeps with an engaged man over a year ago and she still needs to be tar and feathered. Is called every name in the book and is slut shammed every day. 

For Austin and Carrie,  she fessed up to both of them and came clean, she didn't lie and cover it up and be outed by someone else. She herself knew she was wrong and told them both the truth, so because of that she needed to suffer more? Also lets not forget Carrie wasn't pure and innocent in what was going on during that time frame, she was in love with her sister's husband and emotionally cheating herself. She got a baby, her marriage and a job after all that. Poor Carrie suffered? 

Only Abby apparently needs to suffer and pay.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 1

There are so many ways this serial killer SL could have been better.  Daniel or Eric being the killer would have been excellent.  Besides with Andre running around free and clear, it's not like being a murderer or dying means you won't ever get another SL in Salem.

I still think it would have been great to keep Clyde around, have him killed with everyone in Salem believing he was the serial killer, and feeling sorry for Ben, but the fans know the truth, and are waiting for it to be revealed.

Instead the writers would rather trash Aiden, have everyone in Salem look even dumber than usual, send Sami off to wherever when Kate, Sami and Lucas should be looking for Will's killer, etc.

• Love 9

Instead the writers would rather trash Aiden, have everyone in Salem look even dumber than usual, send Sami off to wherever when Kate, Sami and Lucas should be looking for Will's killer, etc.

This is Rafe related,  everyone is looking dumber while he's got to be the only one showing any thoughts that it's not Chad. To be the smartest on the PD.

AS is the one who wanted this EJ story, so that's on her while the others look like idiots thinking Chad's the killer. However they had her look stupid too with being so quick to try and murder Chad. Sami's return should not have had anything to do with EJ at all, closure for EJami's or not. The writers/Corday/ whoever should have said no. Come for Will, mourn Will, funeral for Will, go home back to LA to be with your children. Not go off on an adventure for EJ, when James Scott is not showing up at all and everyone knows it.

Marlena's the only one they're writing as showing longterm mourning, Kate was over Will's death the same day.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2

http://www.jason47.com/days/2015episodes.html

2015 Episode Rankings:

1. Billy Flynn (Chad DiMera) 120
2. Kate Mansi (Abigail Deveraux) 116
3. Shawn Christian (Daniel Jonas) 106
4. Arianne Zucker (Nicole Walker) 105
5. Guy Wilson (Will Horton) 103

I find this very interesting. Chad has technically been in more episodes than Abifail but it doesn't feel like he's being shove down our throats the way Abifail is. Even Daniel feels less intrusive even though he's only been in 10 fewer episodes than her.  This is why Abifail is talked about so much - it feels like she's on practically everyday and even when she isn't people in Salem are talking about her in some way.

AS is the one who wanted this EJ story, so that's on her while the others look like idiots thinking Chad's the killer. However they had her look stupid too with being so quick to try and murder Chad. Sami's return should not have had anything to do with EJ at all, closure for EJami's or not. The writers/Corday/ whoever should have said no. Come for Will, mourn Will, funeral for Will, go home back to LA to be with your children. Not go off on an adventure for EJ, when James Scott is not showing up at all and everyone knows it.

I know AS said she thought Ejami fans should get closure and that Rafe and Lucas shouldn't be left in limbo because of Sami but that doesn't mean she wanted this story exactly as it's playing out. I find it hard to believe that she would be ok with Sami leaving town right after the funeral and for her return to be all about EJ. Even if she is personally a fan of EJami (which may or may not be true) she's normally pretty diplomatic about all of her pairings and I can't imagine that she wouldn't have appreciated having more scenes with BD and LK. There was a way for the writers to give Ejami closure AND acknowledge Sami's long history on the show that predates EJ.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 5

This is why Abifail is talked about so much - it feels like she's on practically everyday and even when she isn't people in Salem are talking about her in some way.

The fact people love to hate her so much is probably why she's on so much, people can't stop talking about her all the time. Yet I don't see the same reactions from anyone else on that list. Guy is up there and Will has been dead for weeks on the show, yet not the same as Abby at all. Abby when she's not on the episode, she's not there but somehow like on Friday it's still made to be about her.

I know AS said she thought Ejami fans should get closure and that Rafe and Lucas shouldn't be left in limbo because of Sami but that doesn't mean she wanted this story exactly as it's playing out. I find it hard to believe that she would be ok with Sami leaving town right after the funeral and for her return to be all about EJ.

Since she was so publicly against Will's death and didn't even want to appear for it but did it for the story of Sami needing to be there, I think it would believe she'd be ok with being all about EJ. May be they did it to appease her? Or appease the fans, but nothing EJ related should have been in this Will death other than mentions that they were close.

Edited by Artsda

The fact people love to hate her so much is probably why she's on so much, people can't stop talking about her all the time. Yet I don't see the same reactions from anyone else on that list.

Exactly! LOL, The only thing the show cares about is publicity. Hell, we suffered through the Sami/EJ show for  years, its refreshing to see someone else on the list for a change. 

• Love 2

The fact people love to hate her so much is probably why she's on so much, people can't stop talking about her all the time. Yet I don't see the same reactions from anyone else on that list. Guy is up there and Will has been dead for weeks on the show, yet not the same as Abby at all. Abby when she's not on the episode, she's not there but somehow like on Friday it's still made to be about her.

People on this board ripped into Will on a daily basis. His nickname was Sneasal because of the Sami/EJ/Abigail article and his cheating ways. People also talked about what a crappy job Guy was doing. It's amazing that Guy was so high up on the list since Will has been dead for a few weeks now and Will was backburnered when the new writers took over. It was Will oversaturation and the writers destroyed the character.

His obsession with getting Paul out of town and unwillingness to take responsibility for his actions turned the audience even more against him after he wrote the article. Surprisingly, the only time he was likeable was when he was being Abigail's confidant. There hasn't been that much of a backlash against Will's death because of how the writers screwed the character over. All of the goodwill Will and WilSon had was destroyed after he came back from LA.

The difference was that Will was called out for his behavior and his actions led to his separation from Sonny. Will lost the respect of his family members for cheating.

• Love 7

There's this supposition - I've heard it before, both in real life and in regard to fictional characters, that if they're talked about a lot, that means that viewers in some fashion must Love to hate them.  As in the instance of DOOL, Daniel and Abigail.

That's a false assumption, sometimes used to prop up a hopeful viewpoint that there really is some underlying fascination wih the character or person, instead of an urgent desire to report it to your local Vector Control department.

It's like having a severe banana slug or rat infestation invading your home.  Even on the day you don't have them crawling up your leg or inside your food canisters, you're freaked out enough to always be on watch for them, and waiting for the next thing they ruin.  And you resent them like you do all rodent infestations.  You just KNOW they'll pop up again, ruin something you like, and then you've got people saying "oh you must really love them if you talk about them all the time".

Look at Dan.  He was talked about all the time because he resembled an infestation of body lice that for the longest time did NOT react to treatment.  Now he only makes us scratch every now and then.  If Show developed some sort of RAID that made Abigail retreat into the walls or the corners of the basement, and only be seen every now and then gnawing on some discarded chicken parts, she'd be talked about less.

Right now she's like the main menu at a Munster's Thanksgiving special that Show is insisting we all eat.  

I'll pass, thank you, but I'll still register disgust.

Somebody pass me a nice helping of Nicole and Kate please, with a side scoop of Theresa.  

Hold the Horton.

Edited by boes
  • Love 12

There's this supposition - I've heard it before, both in real life and in regard to fictional characters, that if they're talked about a lot, that means that viewers in some fashion must Love to hate them.  As in the instance of DOOL, Daniel and Abigail.

That's a false assumption, sometimes used to prop up a hopeful viewpoint that there really is some underlying fascination wih the character or person, instead of an urgent desire to report it to your local Vector Control department.

I've never understood this assumption, especially in regards to Abifail. 99.999% of the posts here about her are extremely negative. Most of us are begging for her to be removed from our screens by any means necessary. How does this translate into us secretly liking her or being obsessed with her or loving to hate her? Maybe some people here feel that way but I'd like to make it very clear that I'm not one of them. When I say that I hate her and want her to be murdered and dumped in the woods - I mean it. There's no love to hate involved, just hate. I would absolutely LOVE for this creature to be removed and am of the mind that the show would instantly improve if she were no longer here. 

• Love 9

I don't hate Abigail and I actually don't dislike her as much as I have Daniel in the past. I think Kate Mansi has been doing good work these last few weeks. Sure, she's made some very questionable decisions, but I don't recall her being the aggressor with EJ except for that time in the linen closet. And maybe the shower, lol. But that first time at the cabin was played more like a sudden, irresistable attraction that they were both ashamed of immediately afterwards. The Austin stuff -- yes, that was awful, but she was humiliated in public when Carrie slapped her and while not castigated over it, I saw her shame.. 

With Chad -- because I'm a romantic, I guess -- I can hand wave her falling into bed (or the grass) with him because they're tied to each other, in love despite all their protestations to the contrary, and by soap standards, the meant-to-be pairing. Sure, she should have told Ben the truth but with the pregnancy and all I don't blame her for trying to keep that together. Until she couldn't. 

No one's responsible for Ben being a lunatic except for Ben, with an assist from Clyde. 

Edited by Lastwaltz
  • Love 4

Sami is called out by everyone every time one of her lies or schemes blows up. Will was called out by everyone on this board and some people in Salem after his cheating and scheming was exposed and when he was murdered he and Sonny were on the outs. The difference between Trollop and most of the other people in Salem is that they're called out on their shit and the people they hurt are allowed to react without being mad to look like the devil. Abifail is hardly ever lambasted for her behavior and when it does happen it only lasts for one episode. The few times Abifail has tried to be critical of herself she has people lining up to tell her how amazing she is and how nothing is ever her fault. Jen would have rather believed that EJ "forced" Abifail to have sex with him rather than accept that her daughter is trash. Big Bad Meanie Sami was treated like the devil reincarnated because she had the audacity to be mad at the girl who had sex with her fiance. Jen even tried to act stank with saint Carrie for yelling at her precious daughter. The way people in Salem treat sociopath Abifail is sickening.

I did notice the only time that abifail was ever critical of herself was when she knew that person would uphold her bad behavior and blame someone else.

• Love 6

The character assassination of Aiden is making me turn off the show again. After AS and JS left the show I pretty much quit watching. Not because I was an Ejami fan, I prefer Sami with Lucas or Brandon, but because the show had become boring with no storyline left that interested me. Hope and Aiden drew me back in. The acting was very good on both parts and I enjoyed having a mature, couple who were equals and mutually respected each other. Usually on this show either the woman is a damsel in distress or the man is a bad boy who needs “saving”. I liked that there was none of that with these two and they could still be fun and interesting. Then the new writers decided Aiden must be destroyed for Bo’s temporary return….

I shouldn’t be surprised with this turn of events. The 50th anniversary has shown me how bad the writers have destroyed characters over the years. Jennifer was my favorite character for years. Now I don’t even recognize her. She is a whiney, hypocritical, judgmental bitch. Her and Jack’s daughter should be amazing. I can’t stand the trollup. Not in a love to hate her way. I hate her in a must fast forward or delete way. I have loved to hate Sami, Kate, and Nicole other over the years. Those three whether I like them or not in their storyline are at the least always entertaining. Abby is smug and boring. I would love to see Abby leave Salem after this storyline and let another set of writers reboot her. Recast her and bring her back on in 2-3 years. Have people not welcome her back with open arms but side eye her and let her become the character she should be as Jack and Jen’s daughter.

• Love 12

Alison Sweeney did not ask for this story.  Alison Sweeney wanted to be part of the 50th anniversary because she is still good friends with several of the cast members.

I think they should have waited to soras Ciara and Chase until after this SL was over.  Although, I'm not sure what the point is in having Chase around once Aiden is gone.  They did the same weird thing with Jordan, Clyde, and Ben.

Once Will's real killer is revealed, I would love for Sami to have scenes with Rafe and Lucas telling them how much she loved them, but she was always worried they would leave her when she screwed up.  Then tell them, that as much as things not working out with them hurt, that was nothing compared to the pain she felt when Grace and Will died.  Then Sami can return to California determined to do better with Allie, Johnny, and Sydney than she did with Will.

Then soras Ciara, Claire, Allie, Johnny, Sydney, etc.  I would also love for Allie and Sydney to be the good girls to Ciara's bad girl.

• Love 7

Isabella was a beautiful spirit before she became one (

• Love 5

Then the new writers decided Aiden must be destroyed for Bo’s temporary return….

Right? I just don't understand why Aiden had to be ruined this way. Why not let Hope be torn between old love and new love and go from there? Without Aiden having to suddenly become a killer. In a plot that made no sense anyway. For gosh sakes, anyone who has seen a single hour of the ID channel knows he wasn't going to get that insurance money!

I think my biggest gripe with the character Abigail is that the writers want the viewers to see her as the heroine of the show. The thing is heroines don't tend to sleep with a married man, cheat on her boyfriend and so forth. If the writers were writing Abigail like Sami of yore or Nicole then I could possibly enjoy the character more - plus she'd have to be played by a better actress. Sami and Nicole pulled a lot of stuff but they got called out. I have yet to see that with Abigail. Sorry writers, she isn't the heroine.

• Love 8

I know AS said she thought Ejami fans should get closure and that Rafe and Lucas shouldn't be left in limbo because of Sami but that doesn't mean she wanted this story exactly as it's playing out. I find it hard to believe that she would be ok with Sami leaving town right after the funeral and for her return to be all about EJ. Even if she is personally a fan of EJami (which may or may not be true) she's normally pretty diplomatic about all of her pairings and I can't imagine that she wouldn't have appreciated having more scenes with BD and LK. There was a way for the writers to give Ejami closure AND acknowledge Sami's long history on the show that predates EJ.

Who knows why Corday/Meng/Griffith/Higley didnt give EJami closure. I would assume down the road they might want to bring the EJ character back from the dead (if James' project doesn't pan out or they might recast down the line). I really wished Jason Thompson would had replaced James, but unfortunately hes going to be Billy Miller on Y&R.

As for the rest, I'm hoping for some more Abby backburn once the Necktie Killer draws closer to the end. I have nothing against Kate Mansi personally, pretty girl, but she doesn't knock my socks off acting wise to be pushed front and center so much. But let me shut up before I get dragged in the comments for being "mean"

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 5

It's the fact that the entire show (except for Hope's stories which have always been oddly detached) have revolved around Trollop trash.  I commented when the bricks fell on me that the upcoming stranger reveal would be yet again about propping the failure.  Nobody's mentioned how much I hated her for saying you have to talk to me you're my brother.  If he's smart he won't and he didn't.  And no, Jenn hasn't treated them equally. If JJ was late coming home from school at age 19 it was ARE YOU DOING DRUGS?  They've only themselves to blame for him interrupting his education to try to prove himself . Trollop never got a sit down over Austin or EJ other than Jenn deleting mean FB comments.
I'd love to see the show have more self awareness about her awful behaviour but at least we got to see Sami throwing her over the stairs, the amazing Carrie slap, Chad saying you begged for it.  On some level the writers know what they're doing.  As some have said, just let her go psycho.  That would be entertaining and potentially layered.  Hell, if I had to live through possessed Mar, let her bite her arm off or have baby alien explode from her belly.  Why not.  That would be more unexpectedly entertaining than Psycho Ben.  But it wouldn't happen these days in the era of spoilers.  That's why I avoid them.

• Love 6

I dont like sanctimonious Carrie Brady but that chick can give a good slap when needed.

carrie-slaps-abby-o.gif

Patch would had been a good daddy figure to JJ/Abby. Thats a beat the writers completely missed once they were turned to canvas. I get Jennifer cant over parent because they are adults, but there is nothing wrong with parents calling their children out on their bs.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 9

Here's an old scene of Izzy B and Bo (Peter Reckell's Bo) talking about John and Victor taking Carly away. I loved their sibling bond, though it was short lived.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 1

When I say that I hate her and want her to be murdered and dumped in the woods - I mean it. There's no love to hate involved, just hate. I would absolutely LOVE for this creature to be removed and am of the mind that the show would instantly improve if she were no longer here. 

Co-signing!  I so wish they'd kill off Abigail.  The character is the complete opposite of heroine and Kate Mansi is horrible.  The other day when she finally put it together that Ben was a big ol' lying strangler, she had the same look on her face that I do when my kids leave their dirty dishes in the sink instead of putting them in dishwasher.  In other words, mild annoyance.  No horror.  No disgust.  No revulsion.  Abigail learns that she's been sleeping with a killer mannequin and KM didn't  even wrinkle her brow.  That should be a fireable offense. 

• Love 11