Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

(edited)

Except Ben's clearly the Pleasurebot from the Plastic Planet. (If Abigail were actually some sort of weird hybrid -- with elevated drives and lacking empathy and self-awareness, of course -- she most likely would have torn Ben's head off at the apex of her mating ritual already.)

Maybe the show should go full-on sci-fi warped reality for the 50th anniversary -- it would relieve the writers of the burden of assigning (or, indeed, puzzling out) human motivations. 

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 5

Just me but I think being true and loyal is just as important as putting out.

Not in Ken Corday's Salem.  Everyone cheats, and it's no big deal.  The writers were even willing to throw Sami under the bus along with her 20 year history of not cheating, all in order to make Sami the bad guy when Rafe/Carrie were sneaking around behind Sami and Austin's backs.  Slappy like Carrie will get away with cheating, and I bet Ken Corday and the idiot writers will find a way to blame Sami.

• Love 1

I'm kind of loving this Abby/Chad cheating storyline because we get to see just how disgusting and amoral Abs truly is and I'll bet if KM does any interviews for this story line, she will continue to talk about what a good girl Abby is. 

And I love how Abs is getting to play all the parts in the classic cheating triangle.  With EJ and Sami, she was  the interloper who gets between the happy couple but of course in Abby and KM's mind it was true love and that pesky Sami kept interrupting and now with Chad, dear sweet good girl Abs gets to be EJ, the person in the committed relationship who is going the cheating.  I just hope that when Ben discovers that "the most beautiful girl in Salem" cheated on him, he goes nuts.  And by nuts I mean starts stalking Abs full time and terrorizing the crap out of her to the point where she gives up her side piece ways.

I'm half kidding about the stalking/terrorizing.  I do want Abby to face the consequences of what she's done and the fact that she's hurt Ben deeply because we all know she didn't give a crap that she hurt Sami or her kids or even how she hurt Austin and Carrie.  I want Abby to truly see how her selfish actions hurt people and for her actions to not to be swept under the rug.  But this may be too much to ask for KM to deliver.

• Love 3
(edited)

Poor Rory.  The guy tries to have a good time, tries to not live Lake Woe-Is-Me, but no matter what he does, he runs into either mopey JJ or Raging Paige.  Downers!  And Bev - I'd like to like her but she's too much of a rat girl for me.  And if she thinks JJ is a prize right now then the girl is not getting good drugs.  

It was fun to see Paige get angry for the first week but right now it's like she's auditioning for the role of Miss Gulch in a college production of The Wizard of Oz.  

And then we've got the Flying Monkey Abigail, biting her lips, twisting her hair, getting all cross-eyed remembering ruining the rose garden at the Dimera mansion.  Nobody but her will ever know why nothing will ever grow in that ground ever again.  It's been poisoned.  But will that stop her from lurching her misshapen behind over there, to ONCE AGAIN tell Chad it's over.  

Man, I'm so over her telling him it's over.  And Chad's brain seems  to be shrinking each time he's within smelling distance of her.

Except Ben's clearly the Pleasurebot from the Plastic Planet. (If Abigail were actually some sort of weird hybrid -- with elevated drives and lacking empathy and self-awareness, of course -- she most likely would have torn Ben's head off at the apex of her mating ritual already.)

Maybe the show should go full-on sci-fi warped reality for the 50th anniversary -- it would relieve the writers of the burden of assigning (or, indeed, puzzling out) human motivations. 

I love this post!  Poor Ben, though.  His spaceship's GPS got it wrong, and he landed up in Moopy Mooperville and ended up in bed with Crwo T. Robot from MST3000.  

I'm kind of loving this Abby/Chad cheating storyline because we get to see just how disgusting and amoral Abs truly is and I'll bet if KM does any interviews for this story line, she will continue to talk about what a good girl Abby is. 

And I love how Abs is getting to play all the parts in the classic cheating triangle.  With EJ and Sami, she was  the interloper who gets between the happy couple but of course in Abby and KM's mind it was true love and that pesky Sami kept interrupting and now with Chad, dear sweet good girl Abs gets to be EJ, the person in the committed relationship who is going the cheating.  I just hope that when Ben discovers that "the most beautiful girl in Salem" cheated on him, he goes nuts.  And by nuts I mean starts stalking Abs full time and terrorizing the crap out of her to the point where she gives up her side piece ways.

I'm half kidding about the stalking/terrorizing.  I do want Abby to face the consequences of what she's done and the fact that she's hurt Ben deeply because we all know she didn't give a crap that she hurt Sami or her kids or even how she hurt Austin and Carrie.  I want Abby to truly see how her selfish actions hurt people and for her actions to not to be swept under the rug.  But this may be too much to ask for KM to deliver.

Great post!  Yep, I'm with you.  I've got no humanity left for the Abigail thing.  She'll be all sad, she'll torture those two schlubbs who can't get enough of her.  Hmm,,,,,she's back to the twosome thing again, Chad should be familiar with this, since she did it with him and Cameron before.  But she'll learn nothing.  And most likely, neither of them will either.

I don't know what Stephono wants with her, but whatever it is, I'm hoping it involves organ transplants and lots of mocking.  Oh, and if he puts pictures up on Instagram of Abigail in her grannie panties, that's just another plus.  The more twisted, the better.  

Maybe he thinks she will go well with fava beans.  She won't.  Gas.  She causes gas.  

Even putting Fadda Eric in a steamy room doesn't make him sexy.  He just looks like a kid about to burst into tears.  Glad to see Nicole kept all of her clunky jewelry on.  She might roast to death but she'll do it in style.

It's really too bad Daniel isn't there.   I've never seen anyone who needs a good long spritz more than him.

Edited by boes
  • Love 6

I really don't get what Stefano is up to with Abby. I guess he could be talking to

Tony/Andre

on the phone, but why. What could Abby have to do wuth anything and Stefano's plan has more to do than just wanting Chad happy. It also can't be just to hurt Clyde's son.

I just hope that when Ben discovers that "the most beautiful girl in Salem" cheated on him, he goes nuts.  And by nuts I mean starts stalking Abs full time and terrorizing the crap out of her to the point where she gives up her side piece ways.

It would be better for Ben to just kill it with fire and then leave it in the street for other animals to devour, although I'm not sure if they would dare get near that thing.

When Abifail is exposed I expect KM to just sit there with stupid looks on her face while someone else takes over. MR will probably have to step in again.

• Love 6

That oven scene with Eric and Nicole really put my mild claustrophobia into overdrive. I kept thinking what it must be like to bake to death in a teeny space. Blech. Are they getting saved today, I hope? 

• Love 2

That oven scene with Eric and Nicole really put my mild claustrophobia into overdrive. I kept thinking what it must be like to bake to death in a teeny space. Blech. Are they getting saved today, I hope? 

If they're not saved, I at least hope they're basted in a mustard honey sauce.

• Love 4

Once Eric and Nicole are saved, it will be onto the next round of repetitive conversations with Eric/Nicole/Dan.  I'm so looking forward to it - except not.

Jar Jar won't face any criticism from anyone.  Chad will be blamed.  Ben will be blamed.  Someone will probably manage to throw in a line about how this is Sami, Nicole, Kate, or Theresa's fault, but the pathetic side piece will skate with a free pass like she always does.

Stefano is now officially a pathetic shadow of his former self.  It was bad enough when he became a cartoon villain.  This is an all time low for the character.  Stefano runs an empire that has more power than some countries, and he's been reduced to this.  The writers should have had Stefano go out in a blaze of glory finally being killed for real by Kate and Sami, who get away with it.

I wish Paige had processed her anger, and then got the ultimate revenge by living well.  Moving onto dating a new guy and being happy with him.  Instead the idiot writers are trying to rehash the old and boring SL of the guy who did you wrong is not as bad as the one you are about to hook up with so you should get back together with the former boyfriend.  Here's an idea how about Paige not put up with any jerks.  That's how Jordan handle the problem.  Of course, Jordan then left Salem so apparently the story here is, if you are a woman in Salem, to be with a guy you have to be a doormat.  If you want to have any self-respect or self-esteem, you must leave Salem ASAP.

• Love 9

Saint Paul was on his pedestal today, it is so obvious that the writers are setting it up that Sonny was using Will to get over his true love Paul...What an awful way to end the Wilson marriage...Sparkle is so pathetic and delusional, always begging for scraps from Sonny. He is just like Abifail....

Daniel the magnificent had to be the hero today. no other men are capable of doing anything, when his majesty is around....Die Taniel die..What a loathsome individual..He is just like Sparkle.....They have to always be propped at the expense of others...I still weep for my beloved Jack, who fell down an elevator shack, while the great Daniel Jonas moved on to take his place in his family...Disgusting!

• Love 1

The family bonding scenes between Jawn, Brady and Sparkle were so heartwarming and precious that I almost threw up in my mouth because I couldn't handle it. 

It's literally impossible for Sparkle to go a single episode without telling Sonny that they belong together. I'm really anticipating seeing what he does when Sonny leaves and he can no longer harass him.

I'm glad Ben finally knows that his precious girlfriend is nasty, lying trash. Abifail sounded so stupid (what else is new) asking Chad to give her his word as a Dimeria that he wouldn't expose her. Her dumbass apprently never got the memo that the Dimerias lie all of the time. 

Nicole is dying and all she can think about is not getting to say goodbye to Dan. SMDH.

• Love 5

Leftphalange, I think that Sparkle  will move on to Will and Ari...He keeps going on and on about having a family. I think that he will take Sonny's. When Sonny comes back, he will not be happy about that.. 

6/23/2015 Recap :)

John/Paul/Brady

John and Paul enter the hospital to see Tate which Paul thinks is too soon but John thinks Tate needs a baseball glove. John asks about the job and John wants Paul to take the job as he wants Paul to stay in Salem and know the family. Paul sees Brady and approaches him and wants to apologize for being a jerk when they met. Brady says he was no picnic and Brady asks John if he's ok which John says he is and asks about Tate and John goes to take a peek. Brady knows John left so that he and Paul can talk. They do some chit chatting and Paul has a gift for Tate which is a mini baseball glove. Brady appreciates the gift and says Paul is going to be a good uncle and Brady welcomes Paul to Salem. 

Paul says he fantasized what it would be like to have a brother while Brady fantasized about a 90 hour fastball but apologizes for putting his foot in his mouth. Paul says he didn't have a choice and wasn't himself when he was pitching and now that he's out living that lifestyle was damaging. Brady says it was brave the way Paul came out. Paul thought about what it what mean if he came out while he was pitching but Brady tells him not to second guess himself. Paul wonders how different it would be if he came out sooner and wasn't afraid.

Paul says he saw Tate and Brady says he always wanted kids but could use the standard 9 months. Paul calls Tate beautiful and Brady calls him a miracle. Brady asks if he's met Theresa before and Paul says he did when he was trying to prove that he's a player. John comes up and asks whether or not he needs to be a referee which Brady says no. Brady says he'll buy Paul a beer one day and they talk some more about Paul's career before Brady walks away. Paul says they're gonna get along.

Sonny/Ben/Paul

Sonny has Ben's food order and sees that Ben is happy. Ben says that he and Abby are taking it to the next level and Abby is moving in with him. They sit at a table and wants to keep it between them and Sonny thinks it's great. Ben calls himself the luckiest guy in the world. Ben says he was blown away when he first saw Abby. He talks about the first time he met her and he thinks that she's perfect and knows that Abby is the one and someone he can fall in love with. Sonny says it wasn't crazy and flashes back to his first meeting with Paul. Ben asks it must be like when he first met Will. 

Sonny says it wasn't simple as Will wasn't out yet and he was with Gabi. Ben says that part of Sonny knew that Will was the one and Ben has to take off after Sonny asks about Abby moving in. Sonny congratulates him and Ben leaves. Outside Ben tracks her phone and sees she's at Chad's house.

Paul arrives at TBD and asks Sonny how he's doing and Paul talks about his talk with Brady and he says he kind of likes him. When he talked to Brady what he said to Sonny wasn't true at all. Sonny wants to know what and Paul talks about his job offer and how it was up to Sonny and says that it wasn't true. Paul says Sonny knows that he loves him and if he stays with Will he has to go but he has things in Salem a father, brother, nephew, and a job that will challenge him in a way he hasn't been challenged before. Paul says he wants to stay in Salem and get to know his family. Sonny says it's the right decision for him to stay and that his family is great and he'll do great at his new job as Kate wouldn't have offered it to him. Sonny welcomes him to Salem and Paul has something else to tell him that he knows in his heart they belong together.

Paul says what they had was great and he's the reason it ended as he was gutless and everything has changed so if they want they can start over, he knows they have the chance. Sonny says everything has changed as he's married and Paul says if he decides that he and Will are gonna work it out he'll live with it and if not he's here. Paul doesn't know how to give up on Sonny and doesn't want to or give up on them. Paul leaves.

Chad/Abby/Ben

Abby arrives and flashes back to the sex and Chad wants to know what's Abby's excuse for seeing him now. Abby says she has a good reason and Chad says he was clear with Abby and she's back for more. Abby says last time Chad did all the talking and now it's her turn. Chad says that Abby can't get the sex out of her mind and Abby says she's disgusted with what she did and Chad says Abby couldn't get enough and Abby flashes back to more sex with Chad and Chad says she better not rewrite history about being disgusted cause it's a lie and wants more and goes in and Abby pushes him off and says it's a lie. Meanwhile, Ben is able to sneak onto the DiMera property.

Abby says Chad used him and got his revenge and Chad says Abby sleeping with EJ was sick and when she did that she killed any chance of getting back together. Ben overhears Abby and Chad arguing and hears about the sex. Abby says she loves Ben and Chad doesn't buy it and they continue fighting over them sleeping together and difference between Chad and Ben. Chad wants to know why Abby came over and she says to tell him she's moving in with Ben and Chad tells her to do it and what's stopping her. Abby says that Chad could stop her.

Chad sees Abby as trying to get out of a way to move in with Ben and makes a remark. Abby wants Chad to listen and calls Ben a real man and Abby says in the sack Ben makes love to her and isn't a calculating and isn't a SOB and Abby says she's had meaningless sex with a meaningless person in Chad. Abby says Ben deserves better and Chad asks if Abby wants him to go public with it. Abby things Chad is taunting her and Abby wants to tell him what EJ said which is that DiMera men keep their word and wants Chad to say that he won't say anything and Ben not finding out which Chad gives his word that nobody will find out. That's what Abby came for and is about to leave until Chad calls her name. Chad hopes Ben can make her happy and Abby says for a minute it was believable and Abby leaves. Ben makes a noise which Chad thinks it's Stefano and Chad yells out how things are over between him and Abby and Ben is able to slip out.

Chad is standing there and flashes back to putting the rose on the pillow. His cell phone rings and it's Zoe and tells her he's alone and asks her to come over.

Ben is at home and about to throw glass until Abby arrives and asks if he's okay.

Xander/Navidad

Xander finishes texting Dan hoping to keep Dan in Chicago. Xander says they need to finish up and take care of everything and how he and Navidad need to go their separate ways. Xander says Nicole didn't have to play Nancy Drew which Navidad really doesn't care as she wants to leave and they get leave the office.

Xander arrives at the park and is shot in the back and falls to the ground unconscious.

Dan/Serena/Brady

Dan is waiting and Serena enters. Dan says that he received a text from Eric about staying in the Omega Hotel. Dan says he's not buying the text as Eric would have called him and he's had it and done running around and wants Serena to tell the truth and roughly grabs Serena and yells at her to tell him what she knows and she says Xander. Serena pulls away and Serena says that Xander could be behind the text and he may have them prisoner and Dan wants to know where and why. Serena goes on a spiel and she can't help but think and Dan wants to know what she thinks is going to happen and Serena says she thinks Xander is going to kill Eric and Nicole. 

Dan wants to know why Xander wants to kill Nicole and Eric and Serena talks about Nicole digging dirt on Xander and how she tried to warn Nicole about Xander. Dan says Serena was covering her ass and she's going to help and going to tell her everything and Dan slightly pushes her. Dan gets on the phone and calls Victor and leaves a voice message for him and tells Vic to do something and if anything happens to Eric and Nicole he will kill Xander himself. Dan hangs up and physically drags Serena with him.

Brady arrives at Vic's and gets a call from Dan and he gives him vague information about Xander, Eric, Nicole and how he has some police force and for Brady to try and track Nicole and Eric. Brady will do it and leaves the house.

Nicole/Eric/Serena/Brady/Dan/John/Abe

Nicole is drifting away and Eric says he isn't giving up. Eric tries to push the panel out but can't as he hurts his hands and Nicole cradles him and asks him if he's okay. Eric tries again to push out the panel but fails again. Nicole says nothing they can do and they have to accept it and can't say goodbye Dan. Eric apologizes for not being able to stop Xander and Nicole doesn't want to hear sorry as she just wants to hold Eric and Eric cradles Nicole in his arms. Eric calls out Nicole's name with no response.

Serena and Dan arrive at Nicole's office and notice how hot it is and Brady arrives. Brady seen Eric's car down the street and Dan says they could be in the building and they head down to the boiler since it's hot for a reason, as Eric and Nicole look to be unconscious. Brady, Serena, and Dan run around yelling out Eric and Nicole's names. Dan enters the room and sees things pushed against the panel and attempts to move it. Serena and Brady arrive and help move the things out of the way and they find them unconscious.

John and Abe arrive in Nicole's office. Meanwhile, Dan, Serena, and Brady try to wake up Nicole and Eric with Eric being semi-conscious while Nicole is unconscious. (Last scene of the day)

John/Abe

At the Pub and John talks about his family and how a tranquilizer couldn't tone down Theresa. Abe and John's cell rings and they quickly leave.

Can someone please MURDER Dark Roast? PLEASE!!! There he goes again putting his hands on Shrewena again and yelling at her, demanding shit. She's already hysterical so in her hysterical state she can simply stab his stank ass. Then calls Vic and orders him to do something about Xander, I swear I can't take this character anymore. Once again he has to play big hero when that should have been Eric. New writers better change this pronto and put Dark Roast on the sidelines for a bit.

There was absolutely no need for Jar Jar to go over to Chad's house to tell him she's moving in with Ben and glad Ben knows about the sex instead of dragging the story out. Jar Jar hasn't learned a damn thing because she just witnessed what a secret like that can do to a couple with Paige exposing the Eve/JJ affair. You think this dumb bitch would get a clue and tell Ben once she spread her legs and released all kinds of foul odor all over the world adding to air pollution. 

Sparkles can't go one day without telling Sonny how much he loves him and wants to be with him. Sparkles stay and I bet it causes Sonny to wanna buy the first ticket out of Salem, there's no way you can survive a Sneasel and a Sparkle pining away after you. It'll cause you to end up in the hospital.

• Love 5

I'm glad Ben finally knows that his precious girlfriend is nasty, lying trash. Abifail sounded so stupid (what else is new) asking Chad to give her his word as a Dimeria that he wouldn't expose her. Her dumbass apprently never got the memo that the Dimerias lie all of the time. 

I'm also glad Ben knows just how trashy is girlfriend is but I expected more emotion from him--I hope the actor kicks it up a notch because his gnawing on his knuckle does not depict angst.  I just think he's hungry :):)

And I love it when Chad throws Abby's past in her face and doesn't let her get away with any revisionist history.  GO CHAD!!

How much longer can Sonny resist Sparkel's continuously showing up randomly to places and declaring his undying love?  Unlike Abs, Sonny actually deserves to be the object of desire for two guys because Sonny's actually intelligent, kind, and looks good and he also looks pained when he's confronted by Paul's adoration.  Miss Abigail, on the other hand, gets off on hurting Chad and throwing Ben's alleged awesomeness in his face.  What a winner--NOT!

• Love 6
(edited)

Yeah, they really need to give some other personality traits. She's really one-dimensional.

I think it's been easier to forgive other characters for cheating because they have other personality traits you can remember when the crap hits the fan. 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 8

If there is any justice, Ben will torture the sidepiece. She is truly an idiot if she think that the word of a Dimera is 100% trustworthy.....(although I have never doubted her mental status.)

Once again "Dr Dan the Great Salem Hero" flew into town with his cape blowing in the wind and magically saved Eric and Nicole. Why oh why didnt Xander kill HIM?

• Love 4

I know most people here would say Abigail, but Daniel is easily my least favorite character on this show. I just cannot say anything positive about him, and honestly, Shawn Christian's acting doesn't impress me either. The less airtime for Daniel, the better.

I don't dislike Abigail as much as some do here. She's definitely annoying, but this Chad/Abigail/Ben triangle is atleast somewhat interesting -- unlike anything with Daniel. I'm surprised at how quickly Ben found out. I enjoy Bill Flynn's acting and loved his delivery of that line about "the sack" today.

• Love 3

Once again "Dr Dan the Great Salem Hero" flew into town with his cape blowing in the wind and magically saved Eric and Nicole. Why oh why didnt Xander kill HIM?

He can't find a weapon that will pierce that leathery hide?

I think Won't and Grabbigail should end up in the sack -- the burlap kind that comes with rocks in the bottom.

• Love 1

Why couldn't Xander kill Dan?  Since the writers made him a psycho, and wrote him off the show, they could have at least let him torture and kill Dan before he left.

I can understand two guys fighting over Sonny.  However, why did Sonny have to get stuck with lame and lamer?  Neither of Sonny's choices are appealing.

Do the writers realize how stupid it sounds to say Dimera's keep their word?  Since when?  The Dimeras have no loyalty to anyone, not even each other.

Stefano and his idiot schemes are the reason all his children are dead (Renee, Benjy, Megan, Tony, Lexie).  Stefano stabbed Tony in the back every chance he got.  Stefano keeps setting Andre loose even though Andre killed Renee and Benjy.

EJ had no loyalty to Sami or Nicole.  He cheated on both of them.  He didn't care if his children's happy family was ruined.  He stabbed Chad in the back.  Chad the brother who took a bullet for him.  From day one, EJ was lying to Sami, and when he promised to help Sami and Lucas against Stefano, it was all lies.  Every single time EJ told Sami and Nicole they could trust him, it was nothing but lies.

• Love 5

My biggest question of the day: what kind of makeup is Nicole wearing? Even in temperatures hotter than the hinges on the gates of hell, there was nary a smudge or a run of her eye makeup. Impressive. 

• Love 11

I'm pretty sure both Elvis's death and Kritter's can be laid at Stefano's door as well, at least indirectly.

So are they retconning Sonny's relationship with Will completely, or just pretending that the "Make Will Horton Fall In Love With Me" scene never happened? Either way: Feh.

• Love 3

That is one dangerous park - the bodies keep piling up and up

Dan is a doctor, huh?  Loved how he was fumbling around trying to find a pulse yelling her name in her face instead of doing what most medical professionals would be doing - trying to start her heart.  Pathetic.

And, for the record, I don't give a crap who shot the thug - just glad he's done.

• Love 5
(edited)

Miss Abigail, on the other hand, gets off on hurting Chad and throwing Ben's alleged awesomeness in his face.  What a winner--NOT!

I don't think she's throwing the awesomeness of Ben at Chad, she's trying to convince herself of the awesomeness of Ben. As a way of deflecting her feelings for Chad and her anger at Chad's actions of trying to hurt her/push her away so Stefano doesn't get his way.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 5

This stuff with Chad and Stefano is so lame.  Stefano feuding with his children, and his stupid schemes getting them killed is so played out.  I guess when Chad drops dead yet another long lost child of Stefano's will have to show up.

• Love 2
(edited)

I just can't wrap my head around Stephano caring that much about Chad's love life. 

Sami had the grandkids that Stephano probably wanted access to but Abigail really has nothing to offer Stephano, so all this huffing and puffing about Chad blowing things with Abigail is ridiculous. 

Doesn't he have some potions to work on while he listens to Star Wars music instead?

Edited by bantering
  • Love 5

I can't believe Daniel was the one who made record time from Chicago, instantly zeroed in on Nicole's office, thought of and then located the boiler room, and singlehandedly removed almost all that crap wedged in front of the hatch. For god's sake. And yes, how about some CPR there for your woman, doc? (And I guess these scenes are why Nicole had the recent enhancements? Yikes.)

But I think I've been Sparkled. His scenes with Brady and John were adorable. Poor Sonny, his heart's telling him one thing but his sense of what's right is telling him something else. No wonder he leaves town soon.

• Love 2

Daniel is the worst.  I absolutely agree with the idea that Z/Xander should have killed him, or at the very least terrorized him for awhile, or at the absolutely least grabbed him by the shoulders for a good shaking or two.  Such an awful character.  He truly is the Ryan Lavery of Days, with quite a bit of Jasus Morgan thrown in as well.

There is neither a logical nor illogical reason on earth for Stefano to have any interest in Abigail.  The chick is boring and utterly vapid. 

I wonder if, the day this episode was filmed, Melissa Archer knew she was out ... because she was terrible (and I say this as a fan).   The trembling and crying with Dr. Dirty was bad enough, but she was worse at the station.  At one point, she clomped to a door, it opened, and she yelped and ran away.  WTF?

• Love 4

I don't think she's throwing the awesomeness of Ben at Chad, she's trying to convince herself of the awesomeness of Ben. As a way of deflecting her feelings for Chad and her anger at Chad's actions of trying to hurt her/push her away so Stefano doesn't get his way.

Oh I got what she was doing, I just didn't care how Abby was going about it.  There's a deliberate cruelty to her jibes at Chad that sets my teeth on edge--she's so focused on making her point in the meanest way possible that it's hard to believe the writers consider her a rootable heroine.

• Love 5

Wonder who Dr Dan will be with next...another patient or back to Jennifer? I wonder if Amish Scruff Ollie will be moving back to Brooklyn now that he knows his skank has cheated on him? Or maybe old corn pone Clyde will take a hit out on her...well if that's the case I wish he would take it out on the entire family.

Eric and Nicole in the oven...boring.

• Love 3
(edited)

Eric and Nicole in the oven...boring.

Yeah, I was a little startled at how boring that was ...considering Eric was shirtless and sweaty. Weird. I fast-forwarded. If they were going to do it, I figured someone could tell me it happened. But it was all too boring for me try and find out on my own -- I blame the dialogue more than the actors, in this instance.

Abigail seemed almost disappointed that Chad wouldn't tell on her. I don't think she's really feeling the fear EJ felt when he thought he could be found out. Yet another reason for me to be baffled by her. She looked like she was going to bawl her eyes out that Chad would actually keep his word. (Yeah, I know she was testing him to see if he'd go to the ends of the earth to fight for her, but I still find her annoying in bringing up EJ's name -- way to make Chad want you! -- to talk about the Dimera word, and then look like she was going to cry when he implied he'd honour it. Stupid.)

I'm also baffled by Chad in the sense that when he's insulting Abigail, it all seems a little too real. Honestly, he doesn't seem to be acting. It's as if he's really got her number. Nor does he appear as if  he's truly gotten over the fact she slept with EJ.  Which makes his love for  her seem unrealistic. He really does seem mad still that she slept with the brother and uses manipulative tactics to get into people's spaces. However,  maybe as with EJ and his affection for Sami, that's what Chad loves about Abigail? However, she, and the rest of Salem,  don't see herself in the same vein as the bad girls of Salem, so I don't think that Chad's affection for Abigail can really hinge on the same reasons EJ desired Sami. 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 4
(edited)

Welcome to the Days Cafe, folks!  What a meal we have for you today!  Our Special of the day today is a huge slap of prime knucklehead, served on a small bed of simpering wimminfolks, covered in a DEEEElicious Testosterone Sauce.  Would you like some cheese on that?  Or is there enough cheese on the plate already?

What would Show do without it's alpha male, Dark Roast Daniel?  Nothing says manly like shaking, grabbing, spitting and shouting at a hysterical woman, does it? Nothing says "concerned" like telling her "I'm done running around" looking for Eric and Nicole because....he's tired?  Bored?   Got better things to do?  

Of course, we all swoon when It speaks, because he's SUCH a man.  After all, he doesn't pronounce words like a man would, he talks like a superhero.   Most people say, "everything", say "anything".  Not our hero.  He says it like a MAN - "Everything" is EVVVVVVVVVVVURRRRRRRRRRRREEEE THINNNNNNNNNG;  "anything" is ENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEE THINNNNNNNNNNNNNNG - and it's all done with copious amounts of spittle and shaking.  Wow!  Now what lil wimmins wouldn't just swoon, and not just from the body odor?  

Nicole's unresponsive, barely alive from the heat, but our Doctor Dirt pulls out his magic medicine and YELLS at her.  NICOLE!!  NICOLE!!  Or maybe he just forgot her name.  Poor Daniel, though, that may not be the best medicine.  Yelling at Nicole isn't likely to bring her back, since practically all Daniel does is yell at her anyway.  

Daniel is the worst, and Shawn Christian is just as bad.  He should do us all a favor and open a potato stand on the Malibu Pier.  

But all that manliness wasn't confined solely to search and rescue today, oh no.  We had plenty of it at the hospital.  First we've got Jawn, walking with his legs spread so far apart it must have felt like a wind tunnel.  I guess the jewels are so massive and delicate he can't bear the thought of any bruising from his comfy fit Dockers.

And the KnuckleMInt twins make adorable brothers, don't they?  They get to bond over "guy" stuff, baseball stuff.  That's when Brady's not mocking the mother of his son, and Sparkle is chuckling over trying to use Theresa as another of his beards.  Good times, folks, good times.  Thank God Sparkle brought a baseball glove for the Tate and not a CD of Sondheim's greatest hits.  Cuz we don't want Sparkle to be too gay, right?  Cuz Sparkle's got to be butch like Brady, like dear old dad.  Thank God Jawn got a MASCUUUULINE child, and not some gay nerd, or God Forbid, a son who didn't fit the knuckledragging Brady mold.  

That's a can or worms I shouldn't open.  But I just BET that, because Sparkle is just as manly as Brady, that they might just bond over eating a can or worms, cuz they're BROS.  Yeah, right.

And Ben hides in the garden while Abigail makes her totally unnecessary trip over to see Chad to tell him...what, again?  At least Chad gave it back better than he got, and at least Ben isn't in the dark about what a shallow piece of crap Abigail really is.  Who ever thought he'd be the one I'm cheering on in this triangle?

I like Billy Flynn a lot, but right now he's in the same column as Casey Moss.  They're both decent actors playing messed up characters, and it's becoming even more repetitive to watch their scenes.  Show better move this on quickly.  And wouldn't it be nice for Show to use the talent they have and send the untalented  lunks - Brady and Daniel - off to have their barnacles scraped somewhere.

Luckily, all the menfolk got to the tv station in time to save the day.  One thing, though.  Abe complains it's "hot".  Maybe it might not be so hot all the time if Abe wasn't always wearing more clothes than a cloistered nun.  He's in a suit and tie to fight the good fight, but Jawn is allowed to fight crime in his usual maternity top.

Sometimes the testosterone bullshit on Show just pisses me off.

Edited by boes
  • Love 8

If there is any justice, Ben will torture the sidepiece. She is truly an idiot if she think that the word of a Dimera is 100% trustworthy.....(although I have never doubted her mental status.)

The DiMeras always keep their word, but it's how they twist their word so that they get what they want, not what you want.  It's like trying to get a wish out of a genie.  They always manage to twist what you're wishing for.  Never ask for a million bucks, or they'll give you deer.

• Love 2
(edited)

I never understood why the show never bought one  Stefano's brothers into the show. Stefano is the seventh son of the seventh son. I remember that Tony and Anna were trying to have a child that she later miscarried to get their hands on some type of inheritance..I remember seeing that on youtube...They could have brought on other Dimera cousins throughout the years, instead of giving Stefano all of those kids.

I guess Will was right to believe that Sonny never loved him like Sparkle and he was just a placeholder....Sonny having a flashback about Sparkle sealed it today, especially since it was the anniversary of him meeting Will at the pier for the first time...Will was just a rebound....I feel bad for Will and Arianna..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2