Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I find the actor who plays Chad to have such great facial expressions. I feel that he has the goods and could pull off dramatic as well as comedic scenes. That he reminds me of what Matthew Ashford had in those qualities. So if he had a stronger acting partner in Abby and this was the hey days of the 80's and 90's in terms of storytelling they could have Jack and Jennifer 2.0 in Chad and Abigail.

• Love 2
(edited)

I don't care about any of these cheating SLs.  All of these people cheat, they don't care if someone else gets hurt, and then they want to complain when it happens to them.

The writers can still salvage Kate.  Have it be revealed that Kate is playing Clyde.  Kate and Sami are working together.  Sami never forgave EJ, she was just buying time so they could deal with Stefano.  When EJ was killed, it gave Kate and Sami the perfect opportunity.  They got all the money they wanted from DE, Stefano now has his company back, and Kate/Sami are going to serve Clyde up to Stefano on a silver platter.  After Stefano has Clyde killed, he drops dead from a heart attack.  It's a win win.

It looks like the writers are going to try to make Sonny as unlikeable as Sneasel and Sparkle.

I wonder if Adrienne will reunite with Justin before Sami returns to Salem.  Sami can comfort a hurt Lucas.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 4

You all notice the pickup in the quality and the number of sets we saw today?  It looks like the Kiriakis set is back, better than ever.  They've opened up that back wall and given us a window area that wasn't there before.  Maybe the days of the "study" are over, and the living room is back.

The Brady Pub is slowly expanding.  We've seen little other than a booth, now we've got a set with booths plural, pictures on the wall and even an extra walking across the scene as a waiter.  

We also had Club TBD, inside and outside, Abigail's lair, the park, the Square.....better than we've had in months.

Best part of the day for me was Kate outing Adrienne and Lucas.  I don't mind those two as a couple but that doesn't mean I didn't get a good chuckle of of Kate's antics.  

Otherwise, Show was so-so for me.  EXCEPT for Will's picklepuss.  Man, he is a literal butthead.  And more of that boring dance between Sparkle and Sonny, with Sneasel sticking his buttface in.  

Oh!  We had Aiden, I like Aiden.  But all in all, not much of a show.  Except for the sets.

• Love 7

Neither EJ nor Chad has done the side piece wrong imo.  She stalked both of them for peen.

Oh I know, but I'm sure that Abby has now twisted it in her mind that she is blameless and when everything comes out about Chad, she'll be the innocent victim as well.

• Love 9

Abigail  doesn't seem as interested in Chad as she was in EJ. I don't know if that's because she seems a little more sane in this scenario? 

That's probably why I don't get Chad's smugness with Ben. Once Abigail gets Chad, she'll probably be running after Aiden or somebody in that age range.

• Love 4

Chad does not have a gf and children so her interest is going to be less plus chad is not as old as Daddy.

Chad does not have anything to be smug about.  Smug about the girl who humped his own brother.

• Love 9

Former millionaire MLB star.  Right now, he just wanders around town.

Sure, he still has his money, but he has nothing to occupy his time.

I'd thought helping John with the benefit might lead to him founding a baseball foundation or something but alas. Then again, it's only been 6 months, maybe he's just enjoying his money.

• Love 2

Yea I agree about Chad's smugness. There's absolutely nothing to be smug about. Practically bragging about sleeping with an unclassified species is nothing to be smug about at all. That's something you want to keep on the low. Chad is on my shit list, he had promise but I can't stand people who want to flaunt affairs and cheating in the person's face. Just like Lucas and Adrienne's trashy ass, I know Justin cheated with Elsa but damn still married and kissing in front of other people and these people are having no problem with it?? Someone gag me. 

You know what Chad and Jar Jar deserve each other because they like to brag and boast. Jar Jar was all up in Sami's face about sleeping with EJ and thought they had something special because she knew art, what the fuck ever bitch. Now Chad is boasting in Ben's face, what's to boast that you bedded someone who is looser than the slots at Reno. Someone's who easier than 1+1=2. I'm pretty sure Jar Jar's phone number is 5-5-5-E-A-S-Y. 

• Love 9

I'd thought helping John with the benefit might lead to him founding a baseball foundation or something but alas. Then again, it's only been 6 months, maybe he's just enjoying his money.

Actually, hmmmmm, maybe he starts doing freelance translating for Justin, they hit it off pretty well

(edited)

The propping of Paul is so contrived and ridiculous like Daniel at the expense of a legacy character. Justin written in character would not get involved in Sonny's marital woes. He would have told Sonny to do what is right for him and he would respect his decision. 

I was just watching some episodes of the show on youtube with Julie Pinson as Billie, she was great. I will never know why the show let her go. She is a beautiful and good actress. I loved her relationships with her brothers, Austin, Lucas and Philip. I wish that she could come back and talk some sense into  her nephew Will. She has been there, she did some awful things to get with Bo. Her desperation was pathetic and she was a pariah for a while. The Hortons always treated like dirt because of her obsession over Bo...The show always used her as a spoiler for Bo and Hope and later for Steve and Kayla, when he had amnesia. I hope Billie in the form of Julie Pinson  comes back for the 50th....I loved her Billie more than Lisa Rinna who originated the role...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

I can for sure see Abby with or chasing Aiden.

Damn there are a lot of cheating or cheating fall out stories on right now. Adrienne has always annoyed me and I don't really like her with Lucas.

Chad and Ben are both going to look like idiots and love sick fools very soon. Jar Jar is playing them both like fiddles and will bounce on to her next without a thought except to bash them/blame them. I can't say they deserve it since she's 100% at fault and taking advantage, but I can say...they knew what they were getting into.

boes I noticed the sprucification of the sets too. I like that they are trying. It doesn't cost too much to do a bit here and there and it makes the show look less cheap.

Sonny's hair looked cute.

• Love 2

If the writers want to make up for Sami's trash exit they will let her call out some of the people who tried to come for her because she had the audacity to be angry that some animal was having sex with her fiance. People like Ben, Sonny's mother, and Will. I'd also like her to ask Sonny how he feels now that he's been cheated on and ask Jen how long she's going to keep making excuses for her worthless daughter. If they really wanted to make me happy they would let Sami berate Sonny's mother for treating her and Will like trash even though her own background is less than stellar and now she and her husband are both cheating on each other. 

• Love 3
(edited)

It would be kind of interesting if Sonny said to Will, "Now I know how your mother felt."

Sonny doesn't really seem to care that his dad is being cheated on either. Adrienne is at the party kissing Lucas, and Sonny doesn't seem to feel uncomfortable. Maybe the writers are forgetting how the characters are related to each other?

I know Sami has a lot of unfavourable character traits, but I don't think she really goes around gloating about other people's heartache unless they've stolen her kid like Nicole or provoked her in some way like Kate. With the younger crowd, I think she tends to be more polite to them (why, I don't know. Okay, maybe she'll get in it with Ciara, but I think there might be some respect there for the little deal-maker!). But I think she actually would have been kind to Sonny while still defending her son. She'd be on Will's side no matter what, even if he doesn't deserve it. I don't know what she'd think of Ben though. But I think she'd probably leave him alone based on his youth and being Will and Sonny's "friend." I could see her slipping in a line about Abigail, but only if Ben were to come at her first. 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 6
(edited)

Don't forget JJ leftphalange, he got in Sami's face for having the audacity to  be upset with Abifail.....Adrienne's family were considered trash by Victor and he treated her as such. She never had room to judge Sami and Will. She became a screeching judgemental harpy.  I agree with you Bantering. Sami and Sonny always liked each other and she was their biggest champion, once she got over the shock over Will being gay. I always thought that was out of character for her to freak out over Will's sexuality. It really pained me when Sonny threw Sami in Will's face, like she was trash, when he found out about his infidelity. I think if Sami was in town, she would have teamed up with Kate to get Wilson back together. She would definitely have told Sparkle to stay away from them and scheme against him..

Tomsell really did a hack job on the show, what were they thinking. Everybody is unlikable and unrecognizable. It is one plot point after another..There is no way that Kate would be so easily fooled by the likes of Clyde after being married to Curtis Reed. I never liked her attitude towards Jordan, it was beneath her and it made her look like a jealous, petty,insecure bully. Jordan was never a threat to her or her family. Rafe was not worth it....I would love it that Kate discovers the truth about him and kills him in cold blood and covers it up with Sonny's help...Sonny would not hesitate to do that after he learns of his threats against his little girl...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

I used to want Victor and Kate to reunite because I thought they were awesome together. Now I want them together so they can make each other miserable. I've gone from hate, to love-to-hate, to love with both of them, now I'm right back on hate.

I thought Jordan was boring when she was on the show, and her SL never went anywhere (it was the Serena/Elephant/Diamonds in the room SL of its time), but I admire the way she handled Rafe's cheating. Jordan dumped Rafe, was enjoying being with Chad until she realized he might have ulterior motives so she broke up with him, and then when she got offered a job that could further her career, she left Salem to go onto better things.

I will never stop being bitter about the end of Sami's exit SL.  Sami's last scene with sleazy EJ should have been at the jail when she laughed in his face, told him they didn't have a future together, and told him he was back to being the guy she thought deserved to be shot in the head.  That would have been the perfect final scene for Sami to have with the despicable jerk.

Are the writers planning on dragging out the awful Sonny, Sneasel, Sparkle crap right until FS leaves?

Chad and Ben are fools.

Lucas can't say he didn't know what he was getting into.

• Love 4

Yes they will drag out that awful storyline..I have a feeling that Freddie was dissatisfied with the story. I always got the vibe that he wanted Wilson to stay together while facing and overcoming obstacles . Christopher Sean hinted in Q&A on facebook that Will and Sparkle will get together. He is still on the show...I do not know how the show will justify this pairing, this seems like a slap in Sonny's face...I hope Higley does not do this storyline..It would be better for Will to stay single and rebuild his life without Sonny. When and if Freddie comes back, Will and Sonny can work their back to one another or not....I hate that the show has to put the only gay guys in Salem together. They used to do that with Black characters...

(edited)

Well, it's good to know that Daniel has totally absolved JJ of any and all responsibility in his sleazy affair with Eve.  It turns out that JJ's just a confused kid whose made mistakes and it's Eve who is evil and who set out to destroy Jenn and her family and who is entirely to blame.  

Funny, that's not how I remember it--I remember two very self-destructive people turning to each other out of self-loathing, but I guess I'm wrong--it's good to know that Daniel's figured it all out.

I love bitter and angry Paige and I hope that she and Theresa are able to forge an even tighter bond--that would be awesome.

And I love that according to Jenn, all of Abigail's problem happened because she was involved with a DiMera and not because she's an entitled harpy.  Daniel's right, Jenn is a heck of a mother.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 6

Couldn't Paul just run Basic Black? No one's running that, right?

I'm actually really starting to come around to Paul's side. it occurs to me that every single time he makes the decision to leave Sonny alone, something happens that makes him second guess whether or not he should. Mostly in the form of Sonny just not answering the "Do you love Paul?" question with a simple "I don't know". 

• Love 4

I cannot wait for Steve to come back and forge a bond with JJ. I am tired of that sleazy doctor having so much influence over Jack's family..Steve could help both JJ and Sonny...I hope Sonny gets to  have an awesome scene with Steve before he leaves the douchebag and the stalker...

• Love 3

Eve's insistence that this is all JJ and Jennifer's fault is as wearying as anyone telling JJ that it's all Eve's fault. And even though I sort of get why Paige isn't AS mad at Daniel as she is at everyone else... I mean, he didn't partake in the blackmail and lies, he just figured it out and gave his Warnings From On High that it would all end in tears (his!) but, still, it's annoying as fuck that he consistently gets a pass. Oh, and thanks Daniel for reminding us that Eve is just an irredeemable bitch who targeted JJ to get back at Jen. Hey, why don't you go back to berating Nicole and making her beg and scrape for your crumbs before bestowing your extremely conditional love on her? Oh, you've got time for all of that? Fuck you. Fuck you and your dirty, crusty soul that matches your dirty, crusty outsides.

Although I did kind of love Paige wanting nothing to do with the Devereaux'. However, given that Daniel was just telling Jennifer that she bore no blame for the miserable shit storm that befell the 'starcrossed teen lovers' (barf) I wonder how long it will take before he starts encouraging her to give them another chance because they're good people with good hearts. But not her mother. Eve is clearly the devil incarnate and must never be given another chance. Ever. EVERRRR!!

I can't wait to find out what significant chunks of history the writers are going to completely ignore for the sake of Eve using Laura's time in a mental facility against Jen. At the very least, I expect the story to be absolute shite but KDP and MR will somehow manage to make something worth watching out of it. Can you imagine if they got anything good to work with?

• Love 6
(edited)

I'm surprised the idiots in Salem didn't try to blame Sami and Nicole for what JJ and Eve did.  JJ and Eve have joined the list of people on this show I simply do not care about one way or the other.  I liked JJ/CM originally, but these writers are determined to ruin every single character before the door hits them on the way out.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 2
(edited)

If this storyline with Eve and Jennifer concerning Laura brings her back to the show for a limited basis, then I am all for it..If Bill Horton comes back too..It will be icing on the cake..Bill should have been on the show as the Horton patriarch...He has a son and a daughter, grandchildren and a great-granddaughter on the show..Mike and Jeremy can always come back too.Plus, Kate is still in town..They could explore that dynamic as well...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1
(edited)

Well, it's good to know that Daniel has totally absolved JJ of any and all responsibility in his sleazy affair with Eve.  It turns out that JJ's just a confused kid whose made mistakes and it's Eve who is evil and who set out to destroy Jenn and her family and who is entirely to blame.  

And I love that according to Jenn, all of Abigail's problem happened because she was involved with a DiMera and not because she's an entitled harpy.  Daniel's right, Jenn is a heck of a mother.

I'm surprised Daniel doesn't have a rash from all the people who kiss his ass.  Darn that Eve, forcing JJ to fall on her in EXACTLY the right position, time and time and time again.  And poor Abigail, nothing says victim like cornering your prey in a boardroom and then getting all over him like some cheap body wash from the 99 cent Store.  

And even though I sort of get why Paige isn't AS mad at Daniel as she is at everyone else... I mean, he didn't partake in the blackmail and lies, he just figured it out and gave his Warnings From On High that it would all end in tears (his!) but, still, it's annoying as fuck that he consistently gets a pass. Oh, and thanks Daniel for reminding us that Eve is just an irredeemable bitch who targeted JJ to get back at Jen. .... Fuck you. Fuck you and your dirty, crusty soul that matches your dirty, crusty outsides.

I wonder how long it will take before he starts encouraging her to give them another chance because they're good people with good hearts. But not her mother. Eve is clearly the devil incarnate and must never be given another chance. Ever. EVERRRR!!

And this is the doctor that's just the Bestest BEST that ever bested!  He's a champ, a general surgeon, an ortho surgeon, a OB/BYN, a mentor, a real all-around schmuckelfuck.  And he does it all in board shorts!  While going commando!!  And he's got all those dim wimminsfolk just panting when they smell him coming - a mile away.

A guy who gives such crappy advice, who makes his deductions based on which folks he wants kissing his ass - Deveraux' to the TOP of the line, passing judgements right and left, based soley on his own prejudices - yeah, he's the sort of doctor anyone would want to see.  Not.  

I haven't even watched the show yet today, and I'm already steamed that this elderly Ryan Lavery wannabe (and WHO would want to be THAT?) is polluting the screen.

How about Salem including his death and burial in the pet cemetery into the 50th annversary celebration?

Edited by boes
  • Love 3

JJ and Eve are both annoyingly delusional, and them along with Jen and Dan make me sick. And while Jen is...Jen, I'm not understanding what mental gymnastics Eve is doing to somehow pin this on her. Not only did Jen not force Eve and JJ to screw repeatedly, she even agreed to keep quiet. Granted, it was so JJ could get what he wanted, but still. Eve and JJ got caught because they're delusional, dumb, and sloppy. 

STFU Stefano. If you actually cared about not making the same mistakes with Chad that you did with your other kids you would't be encouraging him to lie and scheme to get Abifail. 

• Love 8
(edited)

6/11/2015 Recap :)

Abby/JJ/Jennifer/Theresa

JJ is talking to Abby in Horton living room about looking back at how everything piled up with lies, threats, and blackmail and how it killed Paige. He talks about sleeping with Eve again and again and she wasn't Paige anymore as she was everything he wanted in life and how he made Paige hate her life. Abby says may not be true and JJ doesn't understand how Abby can be in the same room with him after all he told her. He leaves and Abby flashes back to Chad sex and Abby says she does understand. JJ says what Abby and EJ did were way different and Abby says EJ was more than one mistake. JJ says she has Ben who is a great guy and what he did was worse because he slept with his girlfriend's mother.

Abby is giving JJ a pep talk until there's a look on JJ's face and Abby asks what and JJ says he can't give up on Paige. Abby asks what JJ is thinking and JJ says he has to try and getting ready to leave. Abby says he needs to accept reality and JJ says no and walks out. 

Jen arrives home and Abby says that she just missed JJ. Abby wants to tell Jen something and knows how the situation is tough on her and apologizes for going off on her and judging her. Jen tells her not to be sorry as she's not trying to make excuses but when she found out about Eve and JJ she lost it and came another person and wanted Eve to pay and make things right for JJ but made things worse for Paige. Abby says her mom is back now after that realization and how she loves her and that they all screwed up and always kept them on track and thanks to Jen they will always have each other.

Abby tells Jen not to worry about JJ. Jen says a mother is only as happy as her unhappiest childl which Abby hope isn't true. Jen says it's not as grim as it sounds and how she was worried about Abby and happy that she found Ben and they have a bright future together. Abby says Jen donated money in Kristen's name and Jen says she thought Kristen changed and Jen is happy they don't have to deal with the DiMeras again and apologizes for bringing up the past. Abby says she has to do something and leaves.

JJ is back at home sitting on the steps flashing back to Paige asking him to be honest and Paige saying it's over echoes in his head. JJ says it is over as he lost her. JJ is about to go upstairs when there's a knock and it's Theresa who laughs and asks how he's doing.

Paige

Paige is searching through her drawers in her room upset and sees gift JJ gave her and flashes back to him giving her the gift and losing her virginity to him. She throws the music box against the wall.

Eve/Theresa/Paige

Eve steps out of the elevator and stands in front of Theresa's door. Theresa is inside trying to assemble some baby stuff and says she's not ready for single mom stuff. There's a knock and Eve enters. Eve says bitch Jennifer and son ruined her life. Eve said they backed her into a corner and Theresa wants to know what happened and Paige enters (door partway open) and tells Eve to tell Theresa what happened. Paige tells Eve to stay away and Paige has a favor to ask and wants Theresa to go to Eve's house and pick up her things which Theresa asks why her and Paige says she has a new job. Paige looks at the baby things and is happy and wants a picture and hands Theresa a list. Theresa says Eve has volunteered to do it and Paige says she can't have Eve do it because she's not speaking to her. Theresa wants to know what's going on and Paige tells Theresa that Eve slept with JJ. 

Theresa wonders why Eve isn't denying it and Theresa apologizes to Paige when she realizes it's true. Paige tells Theresa when Eve and JJ first slept together. Eve apologizes and Paige says she's sorry about sleeping with JJ over and over. Theresa tries to talk but Paige doesn't want sympathy, as she just wants her stuff so she doesn't have to see Eve's lying face again. Paige storms out as Eve tries to reach out to her. 

Theresa asks how could it have happened, Eve asks Theresa not to tell Mom or Dad. Theresa says Eve hated JJ ever since Theresa told her about him and if he wasn't good enough for Paige how could she sleep with him. Theresa says she slept with JJ and it's Jen and JJ's fault and Eve said it is. Eve says she's trying to undo the damage which Theresa says she has her work cut out for her. Eve says Jen should be shot for blackmailing and letting that animal back in Paige's life. Eve says Jen has her children and has no one and Theresa says thanks. Eve says she's not gonna let it go and that Jen is going to pay. 

Dan/Jennifer/JJ/Paige

Jennifer knocks on Dan's door and wants to know if Parker is gone which Dan confirms. Jen wants to talk to Dan alone about what happened and knows what Dan is gonna say and has every right to say I told you so. Dan and Jen hug. Jen can't look Dan in the eye knowing what she did was wrong and what she did to Paige. Dan says she had the best of intentions and motherhood 101 doesn't cover it and for Jen to cut herself slack. Jen says she can't let herself off the hook. Dan says it's easier to blame herself more than JJ, Jen says she's right and wish she never knew what happened. Jen says she screwed up badly but at the bottom it was all Eve's fault. 

Dan wants to call the police on Eve for planting drugs and Jen doesn't want to put Paige through it. Jen says that Paige came to see her and explains what happened and how she had nothing to say to Paige. Jen says she's never doubted herself until now which Dan tells her to stop and listen to him. Dan says she made a mistake and this one had consequences but everything she's done has been for her kids and how she loves them and calls her an amazing mother. Jen falls onto Dan's shoulders. 

JJ arrives at Dan's and Dan asks how he's doing and JJ says not great as he screwed everything up. Dan calls Eve a world class bitch and how she set out to hurt the Horton family and what Eve did was vile. Dan says he's on JJ's side and how he made bad choices and said JJ was confused and was manipulated by Eve. Dan says JJ will learn and wishes he could make it easy and help JJ and JJ says maybe there is. 

JJ thought about talking to Kayla about it but she's family and it would be weird and Dan is the only adult that Paige would listen to. JJ wonders if he can explain it to Paige so that Paige will give him a second chance which Dan says no. Dan says he wants to help JJ but not making Paige understand as Paige does understand and JJ doesn't. Dan says it's over with Paige and no longer JJ to her and he's the boy that slept with her mother. JJ wonders why Dan wants to help him then and Dan says he wants to help JJ comes to term with what he did and accept responsibility. Dan says only Paige can make the decision and will have to find a way to live with it. 

JJ asks if Dan will speak to Paige and Dan says yes but only to apologize to her and that JJ needs to give it up. JJ says Dan is his last chance and Dan says JJ gave up his last chance. Dan says Paige is gonna be at his apartment in a few and JJ needs to leave. JJ gets up and opens the door and Paige is standing there getting ready to knock on the door. Paige apologizes and says she'll come back and JJ says he's leaving and he leaves. Dan apologizes for JJ stopping by. Paige got Dan's text and asks how she's doing and Paige says it's clear how she's doing. Theresa knows Dan has something to tell her but she has a favor first and tells Dan not to lie to her as she's sick of being lied to and wants the truth and asks if he knew. Dan confirms that he did and apologizes and Paige says don't worry about it as he's just a name on a long list of people who should have told her. Paige says she was stupid and Dan wishes he could help. Paige says there's one thing he can do. 

Dan wants to know what he can and Paige says to tell all the Deveraux to back off and relay it especially to JJ. Dan says he will and Paige is about to leave. Dan asks if there is anyone she can talk to like Kayla and a therapist. Paige says she's done talking and opening up to people. Dan says she can't shut everyone out of her life and everyone needs love. Paige says if what JJ and Eve gave her was love then she doesn't want it and leaves.

Hope/Victor/Clyde

Victor is surprised to hear from Hope and glad to see her. Hope says maybe not as she says she's there to talk about Clyde. Vic tries to act like he doesn't know who Clyde is and Hope knows that Vic knows who he is. Vic asks if he's under investigation and what he did wrong and Hope wants Vic to tell her. Vic says she's on a fishing expedition which Hope says she's piecing everything together. So Hope asks about her not liking Clyde when he arrived and Vic says Clyde doesn't matter that much. Hope says he's lying and Vic says Hope hurt his feelings which Hope says she forgot Vic was fragile and before leaving she talks about Vic stepping down around the time Sonny got stabbed.

Vic doesn't know what Vic is implying and suppose to act on facts not innuendo and Hope wants to know about the stabbing when Vic's phone rings and it's Clyde who wants to talk and will see him soon and hangs up. Hope asks if it's trouble and Vic says it's business. Vic calls Hope stubborn and tells Hope to leave it alone and Hope doesn't know if she can because Aiden represents Clyde and doesn't want Aiden taking chances. Vic says Hope is taking chances and looking for evidence she won't find and to leave it alone. 

Vic doesn't appreciate Clyde coming to his house. Clyde wants to talk about Hope and Vic says there's nothing to talk about and Clyde says just listen. Clyde doesn't want Vic talking to detective Brady as they had an agreement and that includes speaking to Hope and Vic says he will talk to his family anytime he wants. Clyde talks about having some type of information on Vic. Clyde says they're done and to not show up at his house again as people are shot for trespassing and he'll make sure Clyde is dead himself. Clyde smiles.

Clyde/Ben

Clyde wants to know what's wrong, Ben says there isn't. Clyde knows better and asks about Abby and Ben says he was with Abby and Clyde says Ben is upset about Chad. Ben says everything in his life is not about Chad. Clyde says that Ben is trying to convince himself of that when Clyde's phone rings. Voice on the phone tells Clyde that Hope is at Victor's house and Clyde says he has to figure out how to process that. Ben asks if everything is ok and Clyde says it's business.

Clyde says there's a way to keep tabs on Abby. He tells Ben to put a tracking device on her phone so he knows where she is and how Abby doesn't have to know as it's untraceable and Ben says he's not doing it. Clyde says suit himself and he has things to take care of and when Ben sees Abby give her his best and leaves.

Chad/Stefano/Herald/Ben

Chad says Stefano is back and Stefano says that's right. Chad says there are still charges which Stefano says is being worked out and nobody knows that he's in Salem. Stefano is there as he wants to see Chad and wants to celebrate Abby spending the night at the mansion. CHad asks if Stefano was watching or having cameras installed, Stefano says Henderson told him that Abby left in the morning. Chad says it's his business what he and Abby do and Stefano says that Abby will be back because once someone gets with a DiMera man and Chad says that Stefano really doesn't want to finish that saying because Kate is with Clyde which Stefano just snickers.

Stefano says he's not here to talk about Clyde. Chad says he came back risking arrest and wants to know why he's here. Stefano says a father can be happy for his son and Chad says can a father stop lying. Stefano says to not accuse him of lying again. Chad says Stefano is evading and Stefano says Chad is all that he has and he's made other mistakes with his children and doesn't want to make a mistake with Chad. Herald enters and says Abby is there and Chad says he'll meet her in the garden. Chad tells Stefano not to brag which Stefano is smiling and rubbing his hands together. 

Abby is in the garden and flashes back to more sex with Chad. Ben calls Abby and says he doesn't like seeing her upset and wants her to be happy and says he loves her. Abby says she loves Ben too as Chad overhears her saying this. (Last scene of the day)

Jennifer/Abe/Eve
Abe and Jen are at The Square as Abe looks at a gift Jen brought for mother. They talk about Laura as Eve is eavesdropping. Abe and Jen end their conversation and go their separate ways. Eve walks out from her hiding spot and says Laura Horton's name.

Eve is now in the park doing research about Laura being committed. Jen is still in the square talking to JJ leaving a voice message saying they will get through it and she loves him. 

Eww if my parents wanted to celebrate me having sex, I wouldn't visit them for a good six months. Just disgusting. Stephono is coming off as Mr. Rapey, just creepy as all hell. Damn these parents being involved in their kids sex life, they got nothing going on with their lives so they're living vicariously through their children. Damn shame. 

IDK why Hope is irking me with her questioning. I watch Law & Order SVU and they question people and potential witnesses all the time. I guess because Hope gives off that vibe that she's not there in a law enforcement capacity officially, it comes off as her just being a nosy busybody.

Dammit Vic grab that damn gun out of your study and shoot Mr. Rapey already. Shit, why are you letting him just roam around Salem, just kill him.  

JJ is just coming off as a nutjob and Jacosta is not no damn good mother Dark Roast because she's not saying how she needs to get JJ into therapy. JJ is suffering a lot and she just refuses to do anything about it.

Here writers go again trying to make Dark Roast the voice of reason. NOT!!! Dark Roast still came off annoying. It would be better if they made Kayla the voice of reason on the show, even Sonny even though he's going through shit right now. 

Also Dark Roast saying Paige needs to speak to a therapist but how come he didn't mention that to JJ. Of course it's a woman that always needs to seek out help and not the man because a man can't have any issues it's always the woman. Writers and their misogynistic writing. 

We see that's all Jar Jar is good for, having flashbacks of sex. That's all she do all day is flashback to sex, got nothing else to do and of course lies to Ben about loving him. This trick is a real piece of work. 

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 4

Eve's insistence that this is all JJ and Jennifer's fault is as wearying as anyone telling JJ that it's all Eve's fault. And even though I sort of get why Paige isn't AS mad at Daniel as she is at everyone else... I mean, he didn't partake in the blackmail and lies, he just figured it out and gave his Warnings From On High that it would all end in tears (his!) but, still, it's annoying as fuck that he consistently gets a pass. Oh, and thanks Daniel for reminding us that Eve is just an irredeemable bitch who targeted JJ to get back at Jen. Hey, why don't you go back to berating Nicole and making her beg and scrape for your crumbs before bestowing your extremely conditional love on her? Oh, you've got time for all of that? Fuck you. Fuck you and your dirty, crusty soul that matches your dirty, crusty outsides.

Although I did kind of love Paige wanting nothing to do with the Devereaux'. However, given that Daniel was just telling Jennifer that she bore no blame for the miserable shit storm that befell the 'starcrossed teen lovers' (barf) I wonder how long it will take before he starts encouraging her to give them another chance because they're good people with good hearts. But not her mother. Eve is clearly the devil incarnate and must never be given another chance. Ever. EVERRRR!!

I can't wait to find out what significant chunks of history the writers are going to completely ignore for the sake of Eve using Laura's time in a mental facility against Jen. At the very least, I expect the story to be absolute shite but KDP and MR will somehow manage to make something worth watching out of it. Can you imagine if they got anything good to work with?

There is a history of mental illness in the Spencer family. Not only did Laura spend time in an institution, Laura's mother committed suicide.  I'd love to see Eve gaslight Jenn until everyone thinks Jenn is mentally ill and Jen ends up in a sanitarium.  It would be even better if they could bring back Susan Flannery (the REAL Laura Horton), and Matthew Ashford as Jack so Jenn could have hallucinations.  Mostly I want to see Eve out of the kiddie pool finally. Oh and I don't want Daniel saving Jennifer.

• Love 7
(edited)

So according to JJ Sami and her children don't matter at all.  What JJ did was worse because Paige was hurt.  Sami and her children being hurt isn't important?  Then along comes Jenn to blame the Dimeras.  Please, please, please, let Sami destroy these despicable morons when she returns to Salem.  I bet the writers don't even remember that Sami and Jack were friends.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 4

Funny, that's not how I remember it--I remember two very self-destructive people turning to each other out of self-loathing, but I guess I'm wrong--it's good to know that Daniel's figured it all out.

I love bitter and angry Paige and I hope that she and Theresa are able to forge an even tighter bond--that would be awesome.

Jennifer has forgotten if she ever knew it was Abigail who is the stalker where the dimeras are concerned. 

Shut the fuck up, Theresa. I can't take her gloating at the (kid, at the time) she blackmailed for drug muling.

Yes.  Theresa would have done the same thing Eve did.  I do not doubt that.

I can understand why Eve is upset with Jen, because if Jen hadn't gotten her brilliant idea to blackmail Eve, JJ wouldn't have gotten back together with Paige and Paige would have gotten over him and not had her first time with him and all that. But this is still ultimately on Eve and JJ, the two people who decided to have sex not once, not twice, but multiple times, so Eve continuing to harp on Jen's involvement as if this is all Jen's fault is tiresome.

I can understand why Paul hasn't yet decided on something to do - first he needed some time to get used to the new reality that he wouldn't have a baseball career anymore. Then he went to San Francisco, then he decided to return to Salem, and he's not been back in Salem for long - weeks in show time, but with days lasting for weeks it's probably only been a few days.

I completely fail to understand why Stefano is even bothering to acknowledge Abifail's existence.

• Love 5
(edited)

I'm beating a dead drum here but the featuring the Failure is only getting worse.  That's why. 

I really want Stephono to have a grand sendoff. 

The whole buzz about Paul is he was suddenly a big role model so why sit in Salem.  I'd think he'd do a speaking tour and invest his money in a sports related business but seeing how entitled most people are here, he doesn't have to work.

Speaking of work I caught up on Kayla propping Failure and I laughed at her accusing Jar Jar of working too hard.  Once a month so she could stalk Chad.  Oh and her admittance she's incapable of loyalty?  Pin that. 

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 4
(edited)

If Nicole wants to be treated well by Daniel, she needs to change her name to Deveraux.  Nicole says hello to the dickhead the wrong way, and Daniel is all "I'm OUTTA HERE!".  Jenn admits she was wrong about pimping out Paige to her son and she gets a "now now, that's alright, cuz you're a GREAT mom".   Nicole dares to ask Daniel how Brady is and she gets the bums rush out of his apartment and the door slammed in her face.  Jenn crunches up her widdle face and says that YES she did the wrong thing and YES JJ did the wrong thing but It's ALL EVE'S FAULT.  And she gets a "that woman is EVUL, EVUL I  TELL YOU!  Because you're a SOOOPER DOOOPER Mom!"

Nicole should witness this crap and then shoot that dickhead right in his brain.  Don't worry, it won't kill him, she'd have to be aiming at his ass.

What a huge manure dump those Daniel scenes were.  Yeah, Eve bears more responsibility because she's supposed to be a mature adult and JJ barely makes it into that category.  But Eve didn't come to Salem to destroy Jenn and her family.  As usual, that's the grandiosity complex that Jenn and all of her supporters seem to suffer from.  Everything doesn't really revolve around them.  

So while it's not fair for Eve to blame Jenn for everything any more than it is for Jenn to blame Eve for everything, well, fuck the fairness.  Every one, in every situation, every single time, bends over backwards to excuse any and everything Jenn and her kids do while at the same time, demonizing anyone who doesn't like them, or who they don't like.  I don't care about fair.  Eve can torture the hell out of Jenn and Abigail and I'll enjoy it while it lasts.  It doesn't matter what she does because she'll be blamed anyway.

JJ, though, he looks and acts like he's on the verge of a breakdown.  I hope that Eve doesn't use him in her revenge plan.  The kid looks ready to snap.

True O'Brien looks like she's loving the new Paige, and she's doing a great job with her too.  She's gotten to throw off the good girl and now she's the snarky, wounded, self-aware woman who isn't going to be duped again.  I like.  She carries the world-weary attitude very well.

Theresa was great today, especially with the shock she showed over Eve and JJ's affair.  Finally, something made her speechless.  I loved her confusion as to why Paige was asking her to get her stuff from the apartment with Eve standing right there.  Those scenes with the three of them were excellent.

And Abigail apologized to her mother.  About time.  Of course it won't matter because the Deveraux' will soon be moving into another level of obnoxiousness.

Clyde isn't too smart, laughing at Victor.  Victor wasn't even pretending to back down today.  

I hope Stephono puts closed-captioning on those video tapes he's so obviously making of his son in his bedroom.  That way he won't miss a thing.  Because his interest in his son's sex life, why that's not creepy at all, is it?  Nope, totally normal father/son bonding.

Kill Daniel.  

Edited by boes
  • Love 11

While Chad goes down the path of his father.

I hope you don't ,mean that literally or I guess we'll see Chad trying to sex up Marlena and Kate.  

• Love 1
(edited)
The Sparkle and Justin bonding scenes were unnecessary. I get it, Sparkle is super awesome and blah blah blah. 

I actually thought that involving Justin was almost a smart move on the writers' part. I like it when Justin gets a chance to be the voice of reason. (Though why he wasn't at Ari's birthday party, I can't imagine.) I was annoyed with Paul for supposing that the wedding at Kiriakis Manor could have been him and Sonny -- that seems like a reach, even for Mr. Sparkle's usual level of entitled revisionism, but it made sense for Justin to give the message about the difference between the work that goes into a wedding, and the work that goes into a marriage.

Mature, and in front of his child!  Are we sure it's not Will's 2nd birthday?

Good Lord! Why couldn't Marlena have dropped some more SCIENCE! on Will? A few minutes of sounding like he might actually be within the reach of reason, and he snides his way back to his whiny, passive-aggressive sneaselling! Feh. You're a real class act, using your daughter that way, Won't. Take responsibility for your own folly, you worm.

Edited to add that I don't think Daniel was trying to let JJ off the hook at all. He did say that JJ had to take responsibility for his mistakes without hating himself, recognize that he and Paige are over, and move on with his life. That's better advice that JJ's gotten from his mother in, well, ever. I don't think Suddenly Sullen manipulated JJ into bed, exactly, but then I didn't think that Kristen's and John's reciprocal (and brainless) plan to sleep together, each to prove the other's worthlessness, was any crazier than Eve's plan to (repeatedly) nail JJ to prove ... something about the state of the polar ice cap, or the price of squid ink in China, or whatever in the actual hell she was thinking. Bless Dark Roast's scorched, wrinkly little heart, Eve is a damaged, destructive person. That's nothing more than observable fact. Doesn't make JJ her victim -- though he has considerably less life experience than she. 

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 2

Wonder how long it takes before Ben puts that app on Abigail's phone. Seems like they're going to take him down the path of his father.

Ben should install a tracking device in Jar Jar's hoo ha. Let him know when there's a 747 sliding into that grand canyon. Maybe Ben should have a penis scanner installed instead. Before having sex with her if it doesn't match the previous penis, it get denied entry. That way Ben will know for sure that Jar Jar is cheating. 

I don't know if I can count Justin as being the voice of reason since he's kind of on the Sonny-Sparkles bandwagon. He kind of implied in his conversation with Sonny that he wants his son to dump Sneasel for Sparkles. 

• Love 3

Edited to add that I don't think Daniel was trying to let JJ off the hook at all. He did say that JJ had to take responsibility for his mistakes without hating himself, 

Unfortunately, that means Dirty Dan also doesn't hate himself.  And he should.  A lot.  

And if he did, then maybe he'd punish himself......jump off a bridge, stab himself in the head with a nasal hair trimmer, overdose on Coppertone, or take a long, long shower.....who knows if his body would even hold together after a good wash?

I'm not normally in favor of self-loathing, but a day in Salem makes me revise that opinion.  I would LOVE to see Daniel hate himself.  Then he'd have a glimmer of how other people feel.

• Love 3

I actually thought that involving Justin was almost a smart move on the writers' part. I like it when Justin gets a chance to be the voice of reason. (Though why he wasn't at Ari's birthday party, I can't imagine.) I was annoyed with Paul for supposing that the wedding at Kiriakis Manor could have been him and Sonny -- that seems like a reach, even for Mr. Sparkle's usual level of entitled revisionism, but it made sense for Justin to give the message about the difference between the work that goes into a wedding, and the work that goes into a marriage.

I agree and I actually think their talk was part of what made Justin tell Adrienne he is in for the long haul in repairing their marriage- the writers of course failed at fully going there in the writing but the talk Paul and Justin had contained a lot of general marriage advice too that seemed to get Justin back to his old thinking, analytical self.

• Love 2
(edited)

Oh, I agree self-loathing is justified in approximately 80% of the population of Salem. JJ seems to have the most practice at it, though perhaps not as much reason for it as he believes.

I don't know if I can count Justin as being the voice of reason since he's kind of on the Sonny-Sparkles bandwagon. He kind of implied in his conversation with Sonny that he wants his son to dump Sneasel for Sparkles.

I don't remember seeing (or perhaps I should say "watching") this conversation; had Justin taken a severe blow to the skull immediately prior to said conversation? Edited by Sandman
  • Love 1

Something I am now confused as hell about- where do Marlena and John fall in the Paulson vs. Wilson debacle? Marlena has been trying to advise Will but then when she was talking to Paul at the hospital, she basically told him everything happens for a reason and if its fated, he and Sonny will reunite. John's respect for Will seemed to drop when he heard what she did to Tori and he conceeded to Paul in their talk about the affair and then he and Marlena had that weird "if paul and sonny are anything like we were, they should tell the truth or it will be a disaster" convo, so i'm just confused now. Normally, I wouldn't think it's their business, but everyone else has made it their business so now they seem like the odd holdouts.

• Love 2