Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Abifail doesn't care about Chad, she just doesn't want anyone else to have him. And I don't remember Abifial and Chad ever exchanging "ILY's". Once again KM is speaking nonsense. 

And once again, this is KM trying to twist the storyline so that she can get maximum exposure. 

I did love how wonderfully dismissive Victor was of Abby's simpering.  He just cut to the chase with a "What do you want?"  I loved her confused expression when she realized Victor wasn't going to coddle her and pet her on the head with praise.  More Victor please :)

And was that Will's guilt finally showing in his conversation with Kate?  And I like that she didn't go out of her way to placate him, more of a "you made a mistake, move on."

• Love 5

Paul's feelings make me uncomfortable. I was with someone who had a love of his life that he had proposed to. I also found out about these things bit by bit, although he was honest enough to share them with me. In the end, I couldn't handle it and things ended. I just didn't feel comfortable getting in between this epic love and being worried when the other woman became single again that they would get back together. So I guess my question is:' how do you handle it when the person you love is the love of someone else's life?'

I know Will cheated, but when he finds out Sonny also proposed to Paul, he has a right to be concerned. I'm not sure what the circumstances were, but if I was Will I would be questioning my whole relationship and whether I was a rebound. Every goal that Sonny failed to achieve with Paul, he accomplished with Will. It makes me question that cocoa tin of wishes even more.

It all depends on the amount of time between Sonny and Paul's relationship ending and Sonny and Will's beginning, and even then, I'm not sure it would matter *that* much.. My husband was married to someone else before me, and I lived with someone for 5 years before him. Neither of us were each other's rebound; we just had prior serious, long-term relationships. Of course, neither of us has a Paul hanging around professing his eternal love for us....

• Love 3

Dan saying he would chose Nicole over Eric was funny to me because I don't actually believe him. Well, she has a vagina, so maybe he would...at least for awhile. Honestly, I don't get the point of this Nicole/Dan pairing. Aside from having a hard time keeping it in his pants, Dan is mostly good and Nicole is...Nicole. Unless one of them completely changes their personality he's never going to be able to handle her long term. Jen is more his type. The same could be said for Eric as well, but at least he has years of history with her.

Sparkle has served his purpose so he can leave at any time now. 

Why does Sonny continue to make excuses for the mannequin? If he had actually hired someone competent to run the second club maybe he and Will wouldn't be broke right now. And don't even get me started on how unprofessional the mannequin is. 

Wait. WAIT. Hillbilly Clyde was shot three times in the chest and somehow he's still going to survive? (I haven't seen anything about the hillbilly being written out so I'm assuming he will survive). This might be even more unbelievable than when EJ survived getting shot in the head at close range AND didn't suffer any kind of permanent damage. 

I know Will cheated, but when he finds out Sonny also proposed to Paul, he has a right to be concerned. I'm not sure what the circumstances were, but if I was Will I would be questioning my whole relationship and whether I was a rebound. Every goal that Sonny failed to achieve with Paul, he accomplished with Will. It makes me question that cocoa tin of wishes even more.

The worse things get for Wilson, the more I suspect Sonny proposed to Will so fast because Will gave him everything he couldn't get with Sparkle. I'm sure Sonny loves Will but is he In Love with him? There's a difference. 

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 5

If Abigail gets Chad after Jordan leaves, who does BOllie get? I always assumed it would be Melanie, but she's with Brady for now.

Melanie will be available when Baby!Theresa!Brady shows up and Theresa and Brady get back together again.

• Love 2

Oh look Jar Jar going to Victor for help on BOllie. Didn't Rapey say that he will take care of things in regards to Ken Doll? Now she wants Victor to hire Ken Doll to work at whatever the hell the name of the club is. Victor looked beyond bored speaking to Jar Jar that he took a phone call with her right in the room and had to remind her where she left off, that's how bored he was. He had a good point, can't Ken Doll speak up for himself, oh wait Ken Dolls can't speak, they have the same plastered expression on their face, but we know Jar Jars can talk, unfortunately. Victor couldn't get her out of the house fast enough, saw how fast he ushered her out of the house. You can see Victor just doesn't give a damn.

Jar Jar sure as hell is jumping to conclusions, she told Ken Doll that he has a new job. I didn't hear either Victor or Rafe hire him, Jar Jar told Victor that Ken Doll will go to the club and fill out an application. How the hell does that translate into, "You're hired?"

I agree Victor let Rapey rot, just keep Damon around, nice eyecandy.

Eric just needs to STFU. I'm sick of hearing him talk, it's all monotone and boring. I know GV can act better than this, but he's not given any good material, last good performance I seen was the Brady/Miss Rapey wedding and his facial expressions of seeing the sex video. OK maybe he can do faces but not talking lol. Hell I don't know.

Sneasel still can't look guilty, all I see is a blank expression on his face or he has some serious gas. He attempted to cry for all of what 2 seconds and then have his normal hideous face back on. Such a horrid actor.

Sparkles GTFO with he would marry Sonny in a heartbeat. His actions sure as hell says otherwise.

At least Kate was able to talk Sonny into possibly taking a loan from her.

Dingy loves to throw a bitch fit when he doesn't get his way doesn't he? He doesn't know that she's lying about the story but damn what if the story was due tonight and she was fired. Dingy wouldn't tell the hospital no if they needed him tonight. He acts like all the women in his life has to do what he says right then and there, think that he's the best thing since sliced bread, and any woman that's with him has to be perfect little stepford wife. Well if he wants that, then Polly Pureheart & Jar Jar are patiently waiting for you Dingy.

Shrewena it's your own damn fault, she could have taken the phone call in the room and not go to the bathroom. Fucking idiot. She could have easily told Nicole to step out of the room while she took the call, it's her damn hotel room. So am I suppose to feel sorry for her that Nicole copied her files? Nope, I sure as hell don't.

Nicole is just as dumb, not leaving the computer how she found it. Now, can't change the date of when files are accessed but wow.

• Love 6

Christopher Sean is on contract.

I'm sure CS is going to be around for a while,but realistically the show can get rid of any actor at the end of each 13 week cycle in their contract. That's what happened to CM when he was let go and BD when he was transferred to recurring status.

If the rumors of cast cuts in SOD are true,contracts don't mean a thing.

Edited by 271queenie
  • Love 2

Sparkle Paul loved Sonny so much he was willing to come out of the clo -- oops, wait. No.

Sparkle Paul loved Sonny so much he never moved on. Until the next warm body came along, that is.

Sparkle Paul loves Sparkle Paul. A lot, you guys. At least Sparkles didn't know he was sleeping with a married guy.

There's no excuse for Won't.

• Love 8

I do believe that Sonny is in love with his husband. He is just tired of Will's selfishness and is frustrated with his life.I just wished that the show would do character driven stories with Wilson,instead of plot points designed to shock and titillate the audience. I feel that Paul is a plot point and that he will be forgotten pretty soon. He has served his purpose and he needs to go.... I feel that Will's infidelity is out of character, just like Sami's was when she was married to Rafe. There are so many ways that the writers could have gone with Wilson. They just chose the easy way out with this insipid infidelity storyline for them.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6

So if the person you love leaves you, does that mean you're supposed to stay celibate for the rest of your life?

No, definitely not -- but how long was it between the moment that Paul told Sonny in so many words he still had feelings for him and he wanted to take up with Sonny again, and the moment that he threw himself under Sneasel's carriage wheels? I doubt it was much longer than a day, or possibly two. I don't think that says much for Paul's sense of devotion, or his attention span, for that matter.

• Love 4

No, definitely not -- but how long was it between the moment that Paul told Sonny in so many words he still had feelings for him and he wanted to take up with Sonny again, and the moment that he threw himself under Sneasel's carriage wheels? I doubt it was much longer than a day, or possibly two. I don't think that says much for Paul's sense of devotion, or his attention span, for that matter.

Rejected by the person he loves, distracts himself from the heartbreak by hopping in the sack with someone else. 

That's just soap math.  Straight characters have been doing that on soaps since the dawn of soap time.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

I 'liked' this post and I do agree with what you're saying to a certain extent, but let me play Devil's Advocate for a bit;) Paul is single and like you said before he is not married, unlike Sneasel. Sparkle Paul's portrayer has said that Paul loves Sonny but is seeking comfort with Won't.

If Sneasel ends up telling Sonny that he and Paul were 'just sex' but that he loves Sonny, surely Sparkle can use the same argument?

I should never have read Love In The Time of Cholera in high school. That book changed the way I view love and fidelity.

Edited by 271queenie
  • Love 2

Rejected by the person he loves, distracts himself from the heartbreak by hopping in the sack with someone else. 

That's just soap math.  Straight characters have been doing that on soaps since the dawn of soap time.

Yeah -- can't really argue with the logic of that. Maybe it's just the accelerated timeline of the story that's making it jump out at me? Everything feels so rushed.

• Love 2

I think the way Will's infidelity was executed was sort of weird from a tv watching point of view. 

There was nothing to really indicate that either man was intensely attracted to each other, and then, boom, they're in bed together. I assume this could happen in real life, but it's weird to watch on tv where you're expected to move from plot point a to plot point b and have an understanding of why those plot points occurred. I know Paul was doing his Sparkl-y thing with Will, but since he does that with everyone and Abigail, I wouldn't have figured he was actually into Will. And then there's Will who always looks so blank. In the end, it was the execution of what happened that struck me as odd.  I'd say the same for JJ and Eve too (even with the weird moaning music to give us a hint of what is to come).  

Edited by bantering
  • Love 4

I would have found Will's infidelity more believable, if he was drunk at a club and he was intensely attracted to Paul. One night stands do happen in real life. However, with Will it seemed so stupid and rushed.The problem with soaps these days, they rush everything instead of going with the slow burn with their stories. If the show wanted to be bold and different with their gay triangle. I would have had Sonny have a physical affair with Paul based on their prior relationship. While Will had an emotional affair with Paul...It would have been different and thought-provoking. These mediocre writers lack the finesse and skill to give us layered and nuanced characters and storylines.

• Love 4

I laughed at how Victor grabbed Abigail by the arm and bum-rushed her out the door.

I do believe that Sonny is in love with his husband. He is just tired of Will's selfishness and is frustrated with his life.I just wished that the show would do character driven stories with Wilson,instead of plot points designed to shock and titillate the audience. I feel that Paul is a plot point and that he will be forgotten pretty soon. He has served his purpose and he needs to go.... I feel that Will's infidelity is out of character, just like Sami's was when she was married to Rafe. There are so many ways that the writers could have gone with Wilson. They just chose the easy way out with this insipid infidelity storyline for them.

Christopher Sean is still filming.  That means he's on the canvas for at least five more months.  There is no indication that he is leaving.

Eric annoyed me with his whole speech about wanting to protect Dan from Nicole. He acts like Nicole is a terrorist. I still maintain that no matter how bad a character has been, they still deserve happiness with whoever. If Dan can be that person for Nicole, why should Eric interfere?

I like Dan sticking up for Nicole, but her goose is cooked.

I like Serena, but I like Nicole too, and I am so over Eric whining every day about her. Suck it up and move on!

Nicole really is her own worst enemy, but her history explains why.

Are we sure Serena isn't possessed by the devil? I would have slammed that door on her in fright. 

Yes, imagine her being upset that Nicole copied files from her computer. ;)

• Love 3

There was nothing to really indicate that either man was intensely attracted to each other, and then, boom, they're in bed together. I assume this could happen in real life, but it's weird to watch on tv where you're expected to move from plot point a to plot point b and have an understanding of why those plot points occurred.

Like I said, it makes sense to me from Paul's side (rejected by true life, misguidedly seeks comfort in the sack from someone else), but less from Will's.  Maybe if they had shown him having more of a budding or subconscious crush?

I wonder if we'll ever get to the point where two gay characters can have the classic soap staple hate sex.

• Love 2
There was nothing to really indicate that either man was intensely attracted to each other, and then, boom, they're in bed together. I assume this could happen in real life, but it's weird to watch on tv where you're expected to move from plot point a to plot point b and have an understanding of why those plot points occurred.

This is what I'm thinking, too; if I had more investment in either Sparkle Paul's or Won't's emotional life, or if I saw some overpowering attraction, I think I might feel differently. As it is, I see two guys without much in common (except, if only they knew it, Sonny himself) having pretty random sex. Both of them are claiming at various points to care about Sonny, and Sonny's the one who's going to be hurt when this all comes out. Sonny's the one I happen to care about, as well.

I wonder if we'll ever get to the point where two gay characters can have the classic soap staple hate sex.

I'm beginning to hate watching at least two of them have sex; does that count? ;0

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 4

Like I said, it makes sense to me from Paul's side (rejected by true life, misguidedly seeks comfort in the sack from someone else), but less from Will's.  Maybe if they had shown him having more of a budding or subconscious crush?

I can see why Paul chose to have sex with someone else, but I suppose why he chose Will is a bit baffling to me. It looks like he could have anyone he wants and then he chooses...Will? This would be less baffling to me if he chose Chandler Massey's Will though. I don't like this nu-Wlll or his face at all.

• Love 2
Abifail doesn't care about Chad, she just doesn't want anyone else to have him. And I don't remember Abifial and Chad ever exchanging "ILY's". Once again KM is speaking nonsense.

I completely agree.  The first time Chad and Abifail got together, she broke up with him so she could chase after Austin.  In typical Abifail fashion, when she found out that Chad and Melanie had gotten together, she played up her indignation even though she was still pursuing Austin.  The second time around, she was eating up Chad and Cameron's fighting over her and picked Chad by default when Cameron walked away.  

• Love 4

I can see why Paul chose to have sex with someone else, but I suppose why he chose Will is a bit baffling to me. It looks like he could have anyone he wants and then he chooses...Will?

I think he feels a little close to Will because he's opened up to him about a bunch of stuff he probably never talks about.  Not close enough that he wouldn't drop him in a heartbeat if Sonny would take him back, but there's a...comfort level?...there.

• Love 3

It really bothered me today that Daniel was pouting over Nicole wanting to do her job. Yes, she was lying, we knew it, but he didn't know it. Her job might not be saving the world from disease, one illness at a time, but it's still HER job. I didn't like the lack of respect there. This isn't 1955. Women get to work and get paid for it and everything (brought to you by a stay at home mom). LOL

• Love 7

Sneasel still can't look guilty, all I see is a blank expression on his face or he has some serious gas. He attempted to cry for all of what 2 seconds and then have his normal hideous face back on. Such a horrid actor.

During the Will/Kate scene I swear it looked like GW was trying to not giggle. And then he resumed his usual stare.

• Love 1

GW is a horrible actor so it makes this SL so much worse.  I would rather see Kate talking to Sonny and giving him advice.  When everything finally comes out, I want Sonny to tell Will that yes at one time Sonny loved Paul, but Sonny wasn't important enough to Paul for Paul to choose being with him over everything else.  Sonny was in love with Will, and he believed they wanted the same things, but now he knows Will doesn't love him anymore than Paul did.  Will and Paul put themselves first.  Sonny put Paul when he was with him first, and Sonny put Will and Ari first in their relationship.  Now Sonny needs to divorce Will, and find something better.  That won't be difficult.

This writing and plot is so bad that I actually enjoyed watching Dr. Dan and Jennifer interact.  I've sunk to a new low. (hangs head in shame)

Pats Marigold on the back.  “There there, we understand.  You are among friends.”

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 9

I do believe that Will will lose Sonny once the affair is revealed. I would not be surprised to see Paul to use Will's betrayal to his advantage and reunite with Sonny. Plus, Sneasel is out of his league when it comes to fighting.  He has always had people around to clean up his mess.  At least Kate and Lucas are around to help him.  This is Karma for the horrible way that he treated Sami when she was in pain over EJ's betrayal.  For all her flaws, Sami has always loved Will and was always trying to make up for his horrible childhood. If Sami was around at the time that Will's affair is revealed, I could see her being a fierce mother lion protecting her cub. Sami is used to being the town pariah, I could see her doing her best to defend Will, especially from that Harpy Adrienne. We all know her I told you so's and lectures will be coming fast and furious...Will is going to have a rude awakening when he loses Sonny for good and have to see Paul and Sonny together around town. I just hope Sonny does not try to take Arianna away from Will out of spite.

• Love 4

but at least Eric has his looks going for him.

GW doesn't look half-bad on Insta, but the way they do his hair and dress him on the show makes him look awful.

I think they are trying to make 30 year old Guy look like early 20's Will, but the characters' look actually ages him. I don't see anyone in real life or in tv/movies/magazines in their 20's or 30's that dresses the way Will does.

And then the way they comb his hair down and over draws attention to his elfin features. Literally any other hair style would be better. The wavy hanging down in the face look GW seems to have in real life would be a major improvement.

• Love 2

It really bothered me today that Daniel was pouting over Nicole wanting to do her job. Yes, she was lying, we knew it, but he didn't know it. Her job might not be saving the world from disease, one illness at a time, but it's still HER job. I didn't like the lack of respect there. This isn't 1955. Women get to work and get paid for it and everything (brought to you by a stay at home mom). LOL

I totally endorse this sentiment.  I was really uncomfortable at the way Daniel was behaving.  She didn't call him out about having to rush to the hospital for an emergency.  But then, men's work is always more important than women's work.

• Love 7

Why was Daniel being such a dick to Nicole about her work? He's making her feel all guilty when you darn well he would drop her if the hospital called. I was hoping she would strangle him with that stupid gray scarf he's always wearing. He is such a tool. That said, I do think that SC looks less dirty these days. I guess that's a plus, right?

• Love 5

Why was Daniel being such a dick to Nicole about her work? He's making her feel all guilty when you darn well he would drop her if the hospital called. I was hoping she would strangle him with that stupid gray scarf he's always wearing. He is such a tool. That said, I do think that SC looks less dirty these days. I guess that's a plus, right?

He should look less dirty. He's been showering almost every day on screen.

• Love 7

Daniel never seems to get his hair wet (to say nothing of clean), no matter how often he showers.

I don't see Sonny recovering from Won't's betrayal by going back to the man who, albeit unknowingly, slept with his husband.

• Love 1

What do you guys think Sonny will do when he finds out about Sneasel's betrayal? I think that this will be a game changer for Sonny..I don't think he will ever be the same after this..He has done so much in his relationship with Will...I think this will be the time to bring back his brothers for moral support. It would be icing on the cake, if they treat Will with contempt and derision...

• Love 2

Will is going to have a rude awakening when he loses Sonny for good and have to see Paul and Sonny together around town. I just hope Sonny does not try to take Arianna away from Will out of spite.

Sonny has no legal rights to Ari whatsoever. He only gets guardianship of her if both Will and Gabi die, and those custody papers can be changed. I'm one of those people that believes people can be terrible at relationships and still be good parents. There is no way (even with soap law) that Will would lose Ari to Sonny with the huge support system he has in Salem. Even if everyone else turns on him, Kate and Lucas would never do that.

Will could get manipulative and use Ari to keep Sonny around, but he's insecure so I don't think he would be happy knowing that Ari is the only reason is Sonny is with him.

I hope Will agrees to continue raising Ari with Sonny, but I don't know how he would feel about Paul interacting with Ari. Hope couldn't do much about Carly when Ciara the Demon Spawn went to their old house to visit Bo.

If Sonny goes around town with Sparkle Paul, so be it. Sneasel still has to live his life. I still like Will and I hope that there is a separation. I hope they don't spend lots of time having him mope around town because he needs to learn to do things for himself and his daughter.

If Will loses Sonny for good, it doesn't mean he never gets to be happy again. Yes, he needs to be punished for his cheating, but plenty of people who cheat and learn from it can go on to have successful relationships with other people. I just can't get behind this idea of Will sitting back while Sonny unleashes the ten plagues of Egypt upon him.

Edited by 271queenie
  • Love 3

I don't see Sonny recovering from Won't's betrayal by going back to the man who, albeit unknowingly, slept with his husband.

It wouldn't make sense to me, but I think the show is going there. What else could be keeping CS busy five months from now?

Apparently, if Paul was just a random it would be weird, but since he is Sonny's first love that changes things. Plus, Paul is the one who isn't married to Sonny and didn't know he was sleeping with a married man.

It's just like Nicole and Eric and the shredding. It will be harder for Sonny to forgive Will. There's no soap in Sonny being alone, so Paul it will be.

Edited by 271queenie
  • Love 1

I'm starting to wonder if there's a Jane Eyre thing going on with Aiden. Maybe his wife is alive and crazy and holed up in the beach house?

I had been thinking that Chase really shot his mom, but I like this idea a lot better. It would also be a twist because usually the widow/widower doesn't know their presumed dead spouse is alive.  We could have Meredith running around the house gaslighting Hope and her suspecting Aiden until the truth is revealed.

• Love 2

It's just like Nicole and Eric and the shredding. It will be harder for Sonny to forgive Will. There's no soap in Sonny being alone, so Paul it will be.

::sigh:: You know, sometimes I really hate soap math.

• Love 5

::sigh:: You know, sometimes I really hate soap math.

Well it sure beats real math;)

If Sonny gets back with Sparkle, what Soap Trope does it fall under? Get Over A Break-Up By Getting Under An Ex?

It's actually pretty common, especially on the show right now.

When Jawn tried to seduce Kristen, Rotox was RoboMar's shoulder to cry on even though she didn't sleep with him. Bo got back together with Carly, Eric is with Serena, Nicole is with Daniel and vice versa, and Sami sought comfort from Lucas when Rafe ended things.

Edited by 271queenie
  • Love 3

I do believe that Will will lose Sonny once the affair is revealed. I would not be surprised to see Paul to use Will's betrayal to his advantage and reunite with Sonny.

I'm going to lose a little respect for Sonny if he goes back to Sparkle. Sparkle was still eager to play with Will's balls even after Will told him he was taken. So even though Sparkle doesn't know Will is married to Sonny, he's still proven himself to be morally compromised by being willing to have sex with an unavailable man. Then there's the fact that he doesn't care enough about Sonny to leave him alone and let him be happy with his husband. How many times does Sonny need to tell him that he's committed to his marriage before Sparkle takes the hint and moves on. And besides all of that, if Sonny is really in love with Will he wouldn't be able to quickly move on with someone else. Sparkle is just as selfish and ridiculous as Will is so I don't see him as being much of an upgrade. If Sonny doesn't want to try to salvage his marriage he just needs to stay single for awhile.

• Love 5

I'm going to lose a little respect for Sonny if he goes back to Sparkle. Sparkle was still eager to play with Will's balls even after Will told him he was taken. So even though Sparkle doesn't know Will is married to Sonny, he's still proven himself to be morally compromised by being willing to have sex with an unavailable man. Then there's the fact that he doesn't care enough about Sonny to leave him alone and let him be happy with his husband. How many times does Sonny need to tell him that he's committed to his marriage before Sparkle takes the hint and moves on. And besides all of that, if Sonny is really in love with Will he wouldn't be able to quickly move on with someone else. Sparkle is just as selfish and ridiculous as Will is so I don't see him as being much of an upgrade. If Sonny doesn't want to try to salvage his marriage he just needs to stay single for awhile.

I completely agree.

And it may be soap math, but the couple geometry is different with a straight couple. Nicole and Serena are never going to sleep together. Aiden was never Bo's first love. It just wouldn't happen that somebody in Sparkle Paul's position would be the only other option. (Did Christopher Sean say that Will was the bad guy, or that Paul was the good guy in all of this? I forget. The former I can agree with; the latter not at all.)

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 3

I wonder if Paul would be looked at less unfavourably if he had hooked up with the bell-hop.

I find it believable that Paul would go to another guy for comfort sex (like when EJ did it with Nicole in an elevator), but I did find it strange when he got so angry when Will didn't want to sleep with him again. Okay, THAT was weird. 

However, I do also think Paul gives off a bit of a womanizing vibe (or whatever the gay equivalent of that is). So if he were to be with Sonny, I have wondered if he would be faithful. 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2