Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I have a big problem with privileged white people, who can leave war zones at their own whim, making war about their own feelings. India, Congo, etc etc do not exist so white Westerners can find themselves. If the writers wanted to tell a story about two Congolese people falling in love in the middle of the Congolese civil war, I'd be interested. Using someone else's tragedy as the backdrop for two people who have nothing to do with it is dismissive in the extreme imo. YMMV obviously. 

The wooden shoes thing bugs me because it seems like the writers opened an old edition of Fodor's and picked up 'wooden shoes' and 'coffee houses' as equaling Holland. It's just lazy and pointless imo. If the writers aren't even going to try, why not just make everyone have met and fallen in love in Cleveland or Minnesota or wherever.

• Love 7

So, in case any of us have missed the other 10,954 times we've been told THIS MONTH, Jenn is not an angel from heaven, she is THE ANGEL FROM HEAVEN.  Out of the mouth of doofuses, we are told the truth - when Dan says "I went out for pizza and ran into the spirit of Christmas".  

Now if ONLY if instead of running INTO the spirit of Christmas, he had RUN OVER THE SPIRIT OF CHRISTMAS - and then backed the car up and did it over and over and over again, we'd be assured of having a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS.  Cus Jenn is just special that way.

Tell it Sonny, tell that Sneasel to stop acting like a child. Two months is long to not see your child and the text was misleading on Sonny's part but sometimes you have to take drastic action to get someone's attention. GW is just a horrible actor, his facial expressions are a big turn off. I don't care if Sonny is in the wrong or the right, I will side with him over Sneasel any day of the week.

I will say that Jar Jar Binks needed to mind her own fucking business, I don't care if Sonny & Sneasel crowned her with the title of Ari's wicked BitchMother. Clyde isn't anonymous Jar Jar since you know who it is that donated the money and then gonna lie about it. IDK if Jar Jar species can change their hair color but AbiFail seriously needs to touch up them roots or go to her natural hair color.

BOllie is such a punk ass, Chad tells him to have a good day and he just gives him a look.

Sneasel is such a rodent.  And pursing those lips together and narrowing those little raisinette eyes of his don't help one bit.  Gabi is about as far down my list of sympathetic characters as you can get with what a butthead she was with letting Nick get away with his crap, so it's lucky for her that there are so many others that are worse.  Sneasel should have brought Ari to see her ASAP, but I guess getting fresh litter for his cage took precedence.  He's really been in a snit ever since he :"wrote" that article on EJ and Sami - attitude in spades - so I don't mind Sonny shaming him.  It's needed right now.  Now as long as Sonny doesn't end up giving Sneasel ammunition to shoot back.....

Abigail's sense of honesty is certainly situational, isn't it?  She's read Theresa, Ann, Chad, Gabi, Will, Sonny, Sami, EJ, and God knows who else the riot act for not being HONEST, but now she has no trouble lying her misshapen behind off.  It's also pretty presumptuous of her to assume control of the project the way she has since she and Grimace are supposed to be partners in this.  

I do enjoy her utter cluelessness about Clyde, though, and expect her idiocy will bite her in the butt - not that even Clyde deserves that.

Fire Ollie.  Fire him NOW.  Your boss wishes you well and you stare at him with hostility?  The guy is as entitled as his blow-up doll.  Or if Chad doesn't want to fire him, then he should just stick a pin in that inflated bod and watch him deflate like a punctured balloon animal.

Isn't Jennifer just the mostest, perfectest person in the whole wide world?  Oh, gag me!  Now she's the spirit of Christmas?  Gag me again.

And somebody gag Will, what a dick.

P.E.R.F.E.C.T. description of both.   Isn't it amazing that even with a new do, Jenn still looks like she was the last one left standing at of a Sister Wife auction?

Isn't she, and how convenient how this perfect bitch was wearing white, she might as well have been standing in the middle of Horton Square sprinkling everyone with her perfect dust so they can all be perfect like her. All that was missing was a halo on top of her head.

I saw it a bit differently.  For me, all that was missing was an axe buried deep in the top of her head.  Fits so much better than a halo.

I want so LITTLE for Christmas......

I see that Mel was being her adorable, wacky self today - oh joy.....and the writers continue to try and make Nicole look dumber than her competition.  And that coat doesn't help.

So if Serena has a "secret", anybody else think she's got Eric Jr. stashed somewhere?  

• Love 9

That's a good one, but don't know how effective it will be once he's revealed to be gay, but I can have fun calling him that until he's found out.

Isn't she, and how convenient how this perfect bitch was wearing white, she might as well have been standing in the middle of Horton Square sprinkling everyone with her perfect dust so they can all be perfect like her. All that was missing was a halo on top of her head.

What about Babe Ruth since he's using his real name as an alias? My personal favorite is Superflirt because he's probably going to hang on to that title in and out of the closet.

• Love 2

An Eric Jr would piss me off. But it would, hopefully, put Serena on Eric's list of  unforgivables. What Nicole did to him was awful, but I'd think that knowingly  keeping Eric's child from him would rank at least as bad. I'm sure she did it so Eric could pursue his priestly dreams, so it'll all be good and noble, but damn...I hope they don't go there. Which means they will. 

• Love 4

Halle-fricken-ujah... JJ and Eve fucked again... after a huge huge ugly fight. They are, bar none, the most interesting thing going on in this story. Paige/JJ isn't interesting... they never took this pairing from 'dancing around each other and mild misunderstandings' to 'yay, they're fun and awesome and I totally root for them.' I'm not rooting for JJ/Eve, I just know that it's going to come out and Eve is going to get skewered until the end of time for all of this. Never mind that JJ is about as willing a participant as it gets. Like I said before, all of his blind passion comes out with Eve not his sanctimonious princess Paige.

And even though I know that JJ is supposed to be only 18, it seems that the actor is certainly older than that. I honestly have never gotten a 'manchild being taken advantage of by the older, manipulative woman' vibe here. It's anger and rage and disgust manifesting itself into consensual sex... it ain't pretty, no, but it's by far the most engaging part of this mess of a storyline.

For me, I know Eve is going to get tarred and feathered for this so I have no problem finding sympathy for her in this mess. It's going to get even uglier for her, no question. Paige will come out smelling like a rose and probably move in with Jenn and Abigail so they can be a smug threesome of pretentious virtue. JJ should continue to find his way into Eve's bed... probably will learn a lot there.

• Love 7

I'm really tired of parents treating their adult kids like children. While Doug's approval might be nice, Hope is in her 50s/60s and can do whatever she wants. It's not like Aiden is a bum, maybe give him a chance before assuming he's not good enough for your daughter.

Eve's "plan" to keep Lima Bean in California was too stupid for words. Did she really think she was going to get away with it? If the writers are going to go here with Eve and JJ they might as well go all the way. Let them become fuck buddies and ignore what other people have to say. I don't want them to develop feelings for each other, just sex. JJ is a Horton so everyone will probably make excuses for him and Eve is already hated so not much will change. I know having sex with your daughters boyfriend is wrong, but I can't be asked to care about Lima Bean. I can't and I won't. She can go off to Stanford and never be seen or heard from again.

I don't have anything to say about Nicole/Eric/Serena because they're just...whatever.

• Love 7

And even though I know that JJ is supposed to be only 18, it seems that the actor is certainly older than that. I honestly have never gotten a 'manchild being taken advantage of by the older, manipulative woman' vibe here. It's anger and rage and disgust manifesting itself into consensual sex... it ain't pretty, no, but it's by far the most engaging part of this mess of a storyline.

Casey Moss just turned 21 IRL.

• Love 3

JJ & All About Eve are pathetic. I'm so close to not liking JJ anymore, cause writers really know how to fuck up a character and it makes me kind of glad that T, Anne, & Lucas don't have much of a story going on right now because writers would fuck their characters up too. JJ is so full of shit, if Lima Bean is the love of his life then he wouldn't be fucking Eve. Y'all don't know how much it pained me to write this about JJ but I'm starting not to care about him anymore. If he wants to sleep with Menopause Monthly go right ahead.

Toothy must think she's a bad bitch or something when in reality she's just a bitch. All bark and no bite. If I was Nicole I would've just kicked her in the teeth.

Julie, "it slipped" my ass, she sang like Mariah Carey complete with high note and everything. I didn't realize that Hope needs to get approval from her father about who she sees. Seriously Hope is like what nearing 50 and father has to approve of who she dates. Those are the type of parents who have some serious damn issues. 

Dingy Hippie's get together was just lame, surprised the Dannifer Pimptress wasn't invited but I guess since Dingy & Judgy weren't a couple her presence just wasn't needed or requested. 

Shrewena, something is just off about her.

All in all a very boring episode.

• Love 1

It's still so weird that Hope's father is married to her half-sister.  Also weird?  Grown ass women calling their fathers "Daddy," and said Daddy treating his middle-aged daughter like a child.  Stop it.

I'm totally down with Eve and JJ being together as fuck buddies. 

• Love 3

If that kiss between Eric and Serena can generate that much heat, I'll probably faint on the spot if they hit the sheets!! These two  are  hot! Talk about sexually tension!! They don't need to be a couple. Just keep them in scenes together. First time I've every enjoyed Eric.

• Love 5

It's still so weird that Hope's father is married to her half-sister.  Also weird?  Grown ass women calling their fathers "Daddy," and said Daddy treating his middle-aged daughter like a child.  Stop it.

I'm totally down with Eve and JJ being together as fuck buddies. 

To be fair.  Julie hit it first.

Sorry couldn't resist.

• Love 3

Ugh JJ and Eve. JJ is just ruined. Sorry, but Eve is just haggard, I don't get the attraction. She also turns me off calling Shane " daddy". I only started watching in 1993, so can someone tell me if original Eve used to call Shane that? It seems to me like it's something KDP has injected into the character, which further emphasizes that her southern drawl is out of place.

FS has a much higher pitched voice IRL and he forces it to go deeper for playing Sonny, so I don't understand why a Midwestern accent cannot be attempted with Eve. These people are actors for goodness sake.

Because the sex with JJ starts off so rough, I wouldn't be surprised if Eve says that JJ raped her. It would also help her to remain innocent in Paige's eyes while splitting up JJ and Paige.

I don't know why Nicole needs to have Melanie's approval. LOL at Mel saying Nicole can't make anyone happy, especially after what she did to Phillip, Chad and most of all, Nathan. As I said yesterday, Nicole needs to ditch Dan and Eric for good. Maybe she should see what Rafe is up to? Heck, I'd even put her back with Lucas since I've been watching old Christmas clips.

And by the looks of it Father Boring and Shrewena are in it for the long haul, so of course Nicole will have to play interloper for the next hundred years. AZ is worth more than that in my opinion.

Hope doesn't need approval from Doug and Julie of all people about who she dates, but she's definitely not making use of her cop instincts with him as far as I can see. It is refreshing to see that not every long term character wants to immediately crawl up the ass of some newbie.

Edited by 271queenie
  • Love 2

I don't think Abifail will be interested in Chad unless he starts making moves on Melanie or some new girl the writers bring on. I would like for Chad and Melanie to get together again and for Abifail to try and seduce him but fail. Melanie finds out and becomes Team Fuck Abifail, then the couple set out to destroy the freak.

Can't we just put Chad with Kate? She really is getting the gross end of the stick with that pedophile. Or make him bi-sexual and put him with Sonny or the closet guy? 

• Love 2

Ugh JJ and Eve. JJ is just ruined. Sorry, but Eve is just haggard, I don't get the attraction. She also turns me off calling Shane " daddy". I only started watching in 1993, so can someone tell me if original Eve used to call Shane that? It seems to me like it's something KDP has injected into the character, which further emphasizes that her southern drawl is out of place.

FS has a much higher pitched voice IRL and he forces it to go deeper for playing Sonny, so I don't understand why a Midwestern accent cannot be attempted with Eve. These people are actors for goodness sake.

Because the sex with JJ starts off so rough, I wouldn't be surprised if Eve says that JJ raped her. It would also help her to remain innocent in Paige's eyes while splitting up JJ and Paige.

I don't know why Nicole needs to have Melanie's approval. LOL at Mel saying Nicole can't make anyone happy, especially after what she did to Phillip, Chad and most of all, Nathan. As I said yesterday, Nicole needs to ditch Dan and Eric for good. Maybe she should see what Rafe is up to? Heck, I'd even put her back with Lucas since I've been watching old Christmas clips.

And by the looks of it Father Boring and Shrewena are in it for the long haul, so of course Nicole will have to play interloper for the next hundred years. AZ is worth more than that in my opinion.

Hope doesn't need approval from Doug and Julie of all people about who she dates, but she's definitely not making use of her cop instincts with him as far as I can see. It is refreshing to see that not every long term character wants to immediately crawl up the ass of some newbie.

Just out of curiosity why do you call Serena Shrewena?

What a strange episode.  

Doug's pissy behavior was so immature that I would buy it as an introduction to a storyline about his deteriorating mental condition if I wasn't sure that Show has no intention to EVER give Doug and Julie an actual storyline.  Going off on Hope because she hadn't told him about Aidan was as inappropriate as it was weird.  Considering that he and Julie are busy alienating people world wide by constantly going on cruises, when in hell would Hope have had the chance to tell him anything?   (I'm imagining that in the Salem Universe, there is an online support group for all the people who have had their cruise vacations ruined by being stuck at the same table as Doug and Julie).  Then after Hope embarrasses herself by asking him to forgive her, Doug throws a hissy fit and says it's too little too late.  Too little too late is right - time for Hope to involuntarily commit this old crank to a substandard nursing home.

Meanwhile, Julie is ruining whats left of her veteran status goodwill by whining to Aidan about something or other, and when he's gracious back to her, she falls into her usual Julie trap of thinking that people actually find her "honesty" charming instead of just downright annoying.  

Hope should just tell them she's heard of an onship buffet in the Arctic Ocean that has an all-you-can-eat shrimp table and they'll be on the next plane out of town.  Buu BYE, you elderly twits.

Then we've got Lima Bean basically sleepwalking through her scenes while Kim (Thank GOD for Kim today) carries all the acting load.  (It may just be the writing, but I wonder if the acting schedule is just too brutally paced for the actress - something I think might be true for Guy Wilson as well.)  I felt nothing from Paige today regarding JJ, or even Eve.  Eve and JJ put some real energy into their scenes - and as godawful as I find this aspect of the storyline, I really appreciate that.  

For me the problem with JJ and Eve is the motivation.  I'm not bothered by the age difference so much, or at least I wouldn't be, IF Show could make this all plausible.  The anger-translates-to-sex trope has never worked much for me, but I'd buy if if Show could give me a reason to.  You all have mentioned this already, but if this is a setup for JJ to be accused of rape, well, that will just suck.  We have two actors here, both good, and I hate that Show is wasting them like this.  

I don't understand why Show wrote Paige as being basically ignorant of the Brady family when we first saw her, but then today, listening to Kayla talk to Kim, the impression given is that the Bradys - or at last Kayla, I guess - know all about Paige and Eve.  Which means that Paige should have been in contact with them all the while she's been in Salem.  But instead we've been basically told that Paige didn't know them, or even know much of them.  Which is it, Show?

Serena and Mel need to spend less time together - no time together would be best.  The age difference between the two becomes more apparent with every scene they share.  Serena seems far too mature and too adult to really enjoy spending time with the Golly Gee Girl.  Mel actually seems very immature and not all that bright - Serena comes across exactly the opposite.  So keep Mel away from the grown-ups and with the juvenile set, and let Serena play with the adults.  Not there are that many in town she'll want to be around once she gets to know them.

OH!!  How GREAT that Mel managed to pick up that terrific photo album at the EWWWROPE Branch of Target, instead of going to Target here in the States.  Cuz that gift just screams EWWWROPE and EXXXAWWTICK, dont' it?

Wasn't Daniel fetching in his scarf, with the open necked shirt with the fire burning in his fireplace?  What was that all about?

Poor Nicole.  That outfit, that coat, and the short shorts makes her look like she's a working girl trolling Horton Square, dressed to attract those who have dark sexual urges that involve Sesame Street characters.   Big Bird better cover his ass ASAP.

Edited by boes
  • Love 8

I can answer that because I'm the one that came up with the name because when she came on she came on too strong for me IMO and she acted like a shrew when she was talking to Anne at the hospital acting like a spoiled brat. That's why I call her that.

• Love 1

I can answer that because I'm the one that came up with the name because when she came on she came on too strong for me IMO and she acted like a shrew when she was talking to Anne at the hospital acting like a spoiled brat. That's why I call her that.

I guess when I think of a shrew, she's not it. I didn't see her being a spoiled brat at all, but I am pre-disposed to like her anyway.

• Love 3

I don't understand why a Midwestern accent cannot be attempted with Eve. These people are actors for goodness sake.

After watching Patsy Pease today, it occurred to me that maybe Eve picked up her accent from her stepmother.  :D

I laughed out loud when JJ called Eve out for being older.  And then they're about to screw.

• Love 4

Ugh JJ and Eve. JJ is just ruined. Sorry, but Eve is just haggard, I don't get the attraction.

Ugh is right. It was disgusting the first time around, and now even more puke worthy. The actress who plays Eve is more than just haggard looking. She looks like she's a senior citizen who's been out in the sun too long. And if all JJ wanted was a "Mrs. Robinson" experience, I'd suggest Kate who is WAY more attractive and sexy.

• Love 2

I think Chad and Kate would work well actually!

Ick Ick Ick.  I could see the suddenly 8-inches shorter Chad Peterson Woods DiMera angling for Kate. He'll need a booster seat though.  And after all, she has slept with nearly every man over 25 in Salem (Bill/Curtis/Victor/Roman/Stefano/Trent/Ian/Clyde/Elvis/NicholasAlamain/Rafe).  In my pretend DOOL world, Chad is her secret nephew, as her cold/hot relationship with his dead mother came across more as estranged sisters than hookers-with-hearts.

After watching Patsy Pease today, it occurred to me that maybe Eve picked up her accent from her stepmother. :D

I laughed out loud when JJ called Eve out for being older. And then they're about to screw.

Yeah, he certainly didn't mind that she's was older when they did the deed the first time. He's just like Abby, loving it when they are getting sex, but outside of the bedroom, the people they've slept with are all of a sudden hateful and beneath them.

Jennifer and her kids need to go to group therapy to explain their weird sexual preferences.

Is JJ doing Eve because she was married to his father, or because he's looking for a mother figure (because Jen Is always focused on Dirty Dan)? Does he want someone older because Abby acts like his mother and that is his only example of how women behave?

Did Abby sleep with EJ and chase after Austin because she has Daddy Issues?

Knowing this show, they will probably blame it all on Jack, but since Jen Jen has been their primary caregiver for the majority of their time on the show, shouldn't she shoulder some of the blame?

Abby has always had an unhealthy interest in her mom's sex life. Telling her mom to let Dr Dan give her a 'thorough examination' on basically her second episode on the show. What would she have known anyway,being a virgin?

And where do you think Abby got the idea to play Cameron and Chad off of each other with her virginity as a prize? A few months before that Jennifer had decided to date both Dan and Jack at the same time. What an example for the kids.

Edited by 271queenie
  • Love 3

That JJ and Eve scene was as bad as I feared. It's all anger and frustration to me. IF Eve calls it rape, let's flashback to the last scene where she practically dove onto JJ from a pretty dominant position. But I just bet the show will go there. 

I enjoyed seeing Patsy Pease again! But why have her in a fugly old sweater and folding laundry in a bedroom? God. So glad she figured things out for Paige. I don't think I can bear seeing Paige be devastated over this. And yes, all this is going on while Jennifer is spreading the Christmas spirit in Horton Square. THIS SHOW. 

• Love 2

Would JJ and Eve be less unappealing if we could pretend Lima Bean didn't exist?

For me, yes. I don't even care much for Paige, but hate sex with your teen daughter's teen boyfriend is pretty gross and it's the biggest thing turning me off of this story.

Paige's existence also makes me more likely to "blame" Eve than JJ for what's going on and the impact it will have on Paige, even though both are willing participants.  I definitely hold a mother to a higher standard than a boyfriend you've known for less than a year, and the stakes are certainly higher for her. JJ doesn't necessarily get a pass, but it'll be easier for his character to bounce back from this than it will Eve (who, admittedly, I don't like to begin with).

• Love 6

For me, yes. I don't even care much for Paige, but hate sex with your teen daughter's teen boyfriend is pretty gross and it's the biggest thing turning me off of this story.

I agree.

The weird thing is that I think Eve and JJ could have had some intrigue as a storyline made  if Paige wasn't a character in this story.  Jennifer being the same age as Eve and hating Eve would have been enough of an "obstacle" or whatever (since I have no idea which couple I'm supposed to be cheering for in this story) to allow the secret sex between JJ and Eve seem "soapy"  -- sort of like how the secret sex between EJ and Abby might have been okay enough as a storyline by itself if Sami wasn't involved, although Abigail is so irritating I probably still would have been throwing tomatoes at her just because. However, that's my own irrational hatred of Abigail talking. Objectively speaking, secret sex between EJ and Abby as single people would have been enough to make everybody's heads explode in Salem. But once Sami got into the picture, I felt like I wanted both EJ and Abby to die in a volcano somewhere. And I guess that's the reaction I'm having to Eve. I'm  more forgiving of JJ because I think he might be barely out of high school and it doesn't look like sex crossed his mind until Eve wrapped herself all over him and instigated the kiss...Since she's a MOTHER to the girlfriend he's dating, I feel compelled to hold her to a higher standard of how to behave properly in the company of attractive, young men.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 5

This story is just lame because JJ is coming off like Jar Jar having forbidden sex, knowing full well he shouldn't be doing this. I will say this, even though I hated the affair between EJ and Jar Jar, at least there was some respect between them before they hit the sheets and can see why they ended up in bed. JJ & Eve, there's just no motivation at all from JJ unless he's trying to say he wants to really end his relationship with Lima Bean which would make no sense on his behalf because he "loves" her and wants to be with her, not "love" her in the way to set her free and let her go. Is he trying to show that he's not Jack? They keep bringing Jack up with no real payoff thus far. Eve just looks like a desperate ass and there's no medium with her character as she's just too over the top with her behavior, just all over the map. Plus there's been nothing but disrespect on both their parts and JJ has hurt Lima Bean twice.

When everyone finds out about this it will be EJ/Jar Jar 2.0 as Eve will get the majority of the blame while JJ gets a minor slap on the wrist. Watch Judgy, Jar Jar, Naggie, Dingy Hippie, Kayla get all up in Eve's face. The only reaction I want to see is Theresa's reaction.

• Love 3

When KDP is herself, I can believably think that a much younger man would find her attractive to him in a sexual way.

But when Eve was sneering at JJ yesterday like that, I wondered if realistically a young guy barely out of high school would want to deal with her, even if in a hate-sex kind of way. The sneering was off-the-charts yesterday and it wasn't looking good.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

I think the JJ/Eve storyline works fine sans Paige. Imo, that's the problem. As someone said upthread, Eve seducing JJ to get back at Jenn (a la Dorian and Joey from OLTL), that would make sense. Even the show writing JJ/Eve to have some sort of fling - if they gave some motivation at all - I would be willing to buy.

But the show spent WAY too long trying to write two parallel storylines - Paige and JJ and their 'star crossed love' or whatever, and JJ/Eve and their sexual attraction. At this point, neither one makes any sense. The show should have chosen one early on and gone with it. Now no one's motivations make sense period. Show pushed JJ/Paige really hard in the media, and now they're pushing interviews on JJ/Eve. I genuinely don't know what they're going for. Although, they likely don't either, so...

Also, I don't get all the hate toward KDP's appearance. I think she's absolutely beautiful and has aged much more gracefully than 90% of daytime actresses.

[Edited because the past and present tenses are not the same.]

Edited by kristabell
  • Love 9

Ick Ick Ick.  I could see the suddenly 8-inches shorter Chad Peterson Woods DiMera angling for Kate. He'll need a booster seat though.  And after all, she has slept with nearly every man over 25 in Salem (Bill/Curtis/Victor/Roman/Stefano/Trent/Ian/Clyde/Elvis/NicholasAlamain/Rafe).  In my pretend DOOL world, Chad is her secret nephew, as her cold/hot relationship with his dead mother came across more as estranged sisters than hookers-with-hearts.

I would of loved the storyline of Kate and Madeline as sisters.  It would of been totally do able.  We know very little of Kate's childhood outside of her growing up poor and marrying Curtis right out of high school. 

• Love 2

Really, what happened Chistmassy in this episode? Nothing!

No awesome reunions, no adorable sexy times, no omg, that's so great! BORING!

These people are to quote Lisa Simpson, "Vaseline on wheat toast."

I need my Chad back looking all fine in his black suit, 

Casey Moss let his chest hair grow out? Me likey!!

Because of an unscheduled pre-emption they might still be a day off. So the next episode may be the one they thought would air today. Another pitfall of taping SOOOO far in advance.

• Love 2

Ugh STFU JJ. If Eve is a bad mother for sleeping with her daughter's boyfriend what does that make you for sleeping with your girlfriend's mother. If Eve is trash then so are you.

STFU Julie. I see she's already gone back to being an annoying busybody. Not a single person asked you for your worthless opinion so shove it. Aiden should have just walked away and left that shrieking banshee to rant all by herself.

I'm very worried about how much time Adrienne and Lucas have been spending alone together. I swear if Lucas has sex with that woman...

• Love 7

Why are JJ and Eve having sex? They don't seem to remotely like each other. 

I don't know if it's because the scenes are highly choreographed (and we can tell), but sometimes it seems as though JJ wants to back out but he keeps going forward? I don't get it. 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

Oh Sonny, I love you, but you are making a seriously big mistake with this money thing.

Sonny is still sort of blanking Will for lying to his face about why he came home, yet he transfers this money when Will isn't home and shuts the laptop as soon as he walks in the door. This would have been the perfect opportunity to discuss the club problems, but instead of keeping his principles, Sonny has just become a hypocrite(if he wasn't one already).

Money is such a sensitive issue, especially where joint accounts are concerned and there is just something so underhanded about what Sonny did. Plus he had 48 hrs to transfer it, so he could have waited to discuss it with Will.

IMO, the club issue is more pressing than the Paul issue, but Sonny made another blunder by calling Paul while Will was not home. It would have been the perfect opportunity to discuss the Paul issue with Will when he got home and then give Paul a call. I actually have no issue with the contents of the phone call. Looking at the Theresa scene, I believe Paul still thinks he's in with a chance, so if Sonny says there is no chance in no uncertain terms, then I don't mind.

Clearly, Paul is setting himself up for disappointment by insisting he will play again. He's gotta stay in Salem somehow. I would be disappointed if he outright couldn't play again according to the PT results, because there would be no consequences to him being outed.

I think Will is picking up that Paul is gay.

Lucas and Adrienne were more emotional support to me. Time will tell if anything more develops. JJ and Eve are still gross.

Lastly, Merry Christmas to everyone celebrating.

Edited by 271queenie
  • Love 4

I don't know if it's because the scenes are highly choreography (and we can tell), but sometimes it seems as though JJ wants to back out but he keeps going forward? I don't get it. 

I guess they borrowed Hope's wind machine and it keeps blowing him back on to her.  Damn wind!!

Maybe Doug and Julie should borrow it - might improve his mood.

Ugh STFU JJ. If Eve is a bad mother for sleeping with her daughter's boyfriend what does that make you for sleeping with your girlfriend's mother. If Eve is trash then so are you.

STFU Julie. I see she's already gone back to being an annoying busybody. Not a single person asked you for your worthless opinion so shove it. Aiden should have just walked away and left that shrieking banshee to rant all by herself.

I think JJ is possessed by the spirit of Christmas Dumbass to be throwing that in her face.  Or it's possible that Jenn is speaking through him.  In any case, that sounds too much like his sister or mother talking.  I wish there was a pill for that.

And YES to what you said about Julie.  Go back to cruising the high seas and ruining America's reputation every time you open your mouth, Julie.  Ditto for Dougie.

If Aidan is a serial killer I know who I hope he starts with.

Edited by boes
  • Love 4

Oh please with the JJ/Eve crap and JJ saying he hates Eve. Yea JJ you fucked her so what does that say about you. You really can't hate Eve when you actively and had consensual sex with her. She didn't drug you, manipulate, or force you to do anything that you didn't want to do. I can't blame hormones because he's not a teenager anymore, he's a young adult and needs to start acting like one. I'm not saying be a monk or not have fun, I'm just saying you really can't blame teenage excuses on adult situations. Well he fucked Eve who's 50 going on 15, so maybe JJ thought he was with a teenager.

Eve please, turn off the damn waterworks, she gets no sympathy from me and to quote Major Payne, "You want my sympathy, you look in the dictionary between shit and syphilis." Bitch you slept with JJ and all of a sudden want to cry when before you was sneering at him like he was scum and didn't see any sexual attraction when they were arguing and falling on top of JJ just automatically made her hot and bothered to sex him up. GTFO. RME & SMDH.

The relationship between JJ & Lima Bean just gets more lame and dumb. This isn't Romeo & Juliet more like Edward Rochester & Bertha Mason from Jane Eyre, you know never really hit it off and mostly because CM & TOB have no chemistry whatsoever. Just a boring dull mess and them trying to make JJ & Lima Bean so distraught with these roadblocks in front of them that's keeping them away from each other just falls flat because writers went the typical route of creating angst and we're getting the typical cliche that doesn't move this story or make it exciting. It's making it boring, predictable, stupid, dull, lame, ridiculous, bologna, shitty, among many other words.

Yep Judgy Jenn had a lot to do, like flop her ass on the couch and go straight to sleep. I guess passing out all her Christmas judgment cookies in the shape of gavels really took toll on her or maybe she spent her time shimmying down the many chimneys in Salem and stealing all the cans of Who Hash and even taking the tiniest crumb that a mouse can't even eat it or did she regulate that job to Jar Jar? I hear that the Jar Jar species are very quiet when they want to steal but very loud during mating season, well BOllie should know that.

I find it a little sad that Chad isn't helping Sonny be successful in opening up the south side club. Sonny having to fork over money, Chad is a lousy business partner, so makes me feel a little bad for Kate as well having to be Co-CEO with him. It looks like Chad wants Sonny to fail or something. I would be helping out my business partner if he/she was struggling, not sit idly by and watch him drown. It doesn't paint Chad in the best of light since he's still co-owner of TBD.

If I have to keep seeing Sneasel remove his flea collar in the shape of a ring off his finger again, I'm gonna hurl. We get it writers Zoe & The Gray Hair told him to remove it. Don't have to keep seeing it unless Sonny catches him without it. 

All in all a very boring boring episode.

• Love 2

I don't know if it's because the scenes are highly choreographed (and we can tell), but sometimes it seems as though JJ wants to back out but he keeps going forward? I don't get it. 

Not liking someone doesn't mean you can't have sex with them. Ideally, you only do that with someone you care about but it's often way more complicated and weird.

• Love 3

Who told Sonny that Will is doing an article on someone and can't say who? We didn't see Will do it. He obviously didn't tell him about the ring issue.

Edited by 271queenie
  • Love 1

Not liking someone doesn't mean you can't have sex with them. Ideally, you only do that with someone you care about but it's often way more complicated and weird.

I was able to understand this concept with EJ and Sami. There was an underlying attraction even when they were hating on each other. Even during their grief sex, which everybody thought was weird (including probably the actors), you could still tell there was something in the way of attraction there (however depressing the actual act was). 

There are times Brady seems to hate Teresa, but when they actually do it, it doesn't seem unfathomable as to how they could have wound up in bed. 

But what I mean to say with JJ and Eve is that they don't really seem attracted to each other when they're actually doing it. Hate sex couples on soaps are a common thing, but today JJ seemed at times kind of resistant to the idea of going to bed with Eve. The first time they did it I could sort of see how they wound up together. But today it really looked like the wheels were turning in JJ's head, as if he was thinking this would be a bit of a chore to get through, but he still kept going. It also looked as though he were being led by Eve ,and could have backed away at any moment rather than acting on impulse the same way she was doing  -- I have no idea what she was thinking or doing, though. I guess I could buy someone like Brooke on B and B acting this stupid, but Eve doesn't look that dumb. Well, KDP doesn't look that dumb. The Eve character does strike me as being pretty freaking stupid, and KDP is trying her hardest to make Eve seem redeemable, but the stupidity of the character is off the charts. Eve has a tortured look on her face when she's doing it with JJ, but I have no idea if that's the actual sex causing that look or because she's mad at herself. Usually people on soaps get that look after they've done their hate sex, but because she has that look on her face while doing it I wind up wondering why she's torturing herself like this. 

I assume there may be a complicated reason as to why Eve and JJ are doing it with each other, but I doubt the writers know what that reason is, and as a consequence, it feels like something is missing when they finally get with each other. That said, I do think Eve and JJ have "actorly" chemistry, but the writing isn't explaining anything else. 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 6

EJ looked sleazy and pathetic for nailing his children's babysitter, and Eve looks horrible for screwing her daughter's boyfriend.  I liked JJ so it's disappointing the writers did this to his character.  I never cared one way or the other about the boring twit.  However, when Corday and the idiot writers tried to make everything Sami's fault, instead of just wanting Sami to leave EJ and never look back, I wanted her to burn EJ and Slappy to the ground and then some.  It's to bad the writers ruined Sami and Kate's excellent revenge SL for the stupid SL that followed.  Also, I will never believe EJ gave a damn about Sami, his children, or their supposed happy family together because he had no problem throwing it away, and always blaming Sami for what he did.  Same thing with Eve and Paige.  If Eve loved her daughter, she wouldn't be having sex with her daughter's boyfriend.

I hate that Sonny and Chad's friendship is being ruined.  It looks like Sonny may cheat on Will, and Adrienne may cheat with Lucas.  These writers really are one trick ponies.  I don't care about Will, but I like Sonny.

• Love 4