Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

When EJ was dead did he forget or make up who is family Is ?   Blood of kings? Really 

couldn’t Marlena just recommend a different psychiatrist?

I had no idea that you could not fly if you had a broken leg.  Hopefully Sami is ok. 

• Love 3

Belle seems like she's drinking alot and headed for doing something bad while drunk. She's looking to be alcoholic in making.

Marlena is an idiot, Shawn an even bigger idiot.

Lucas needs to pay and locked up. He's disgusting lying to Allie that EJ made up the kidnapping.

Since when is John so team Ejami? Sami chose Lucas and not believe in EJ, she can keep him. Let EJ be free. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

As stated above, both Marlena and Shawn are idiots. Marlena has a massive conflict of interest in having Jan as a patient and Shawn is just stupid. Jan can find another doctor.

Lucas, you should admit to kidnapping Sami and seeing if she will press charges against you, forgive you, or whatever. He should not be lying to Allie.

Sarah and Xander are cute, for now. She still needs to catch up. Guess she won't like Xander marrying Chanel for a week.

Yeah, Chanel, take your time in deciding which if any twin you want to have a relationship with. Choose you for a while.

Belle is drinking a lot. She also should not be staying at the DiMera mansion.

Sami could probably afford a private plane so flying with a broken leg should be okay, unless there are some complications. Maybe she is in the boot phase.

• Love 7
(edited)
6 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

Marlena is now a dumbass along with Shawn. I can’t believe she is going to counsel Jan. I don’t blame Belle for being pissed off.

My favorite part of Show today was Belle telling off RoboMar, especially that bit about Jan being her new "Redeem a Psycho" project.  I think I saw one of Marlena's eyebrows move, too, so Belle obviously had an effect.  Belle is being too hard on Shawn but her hatred of Jan is spot on.  (I'm liking Martha Madison a lot these days.)

That scene with Jan, Marlena and Shawn was ...... Well, suffice it to say, there aren't many days in a century where Shawn isn't the dumbest person in the room but today was one of those days.

Usually I'm more on Lucas side than EJ, but today I was all EJ, all the way with Lucas being such a loudmouth punk.  As Tribeca said, where did EJ get all that crap about Dimeras being descended from Kings?  Though Stefano and some of his offspring did resemble some very high up Hobbits.  

I see Allie is back to having all the personality of unsweetened oatmeal.  Man, did Tripp dodge a bullet or what?

Edited by boes
  • LOL 5
  • Love 12
On 5/31/2022 at 3:48 PM, Peanut6711 said:

I'd imagine as an officer of the court and technically the child's stepmother as long as her and Shawn are still married.  But this story is so nonsensical with Jan as a convicted murder out on house arrest simply because of a high risk pregnancy.  It would make more sense if Jan was still in jail, where she logically and legally would be, and trying to manipulate Shawn into raising the baby while Belle was trying to convince him to put it up for adoption and press charges against her for rape.  

Ding ding ding!!! That would have been much better and still gotten us to the same place = Ejelle.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

I think Shawn is the one who needs therapy.  He is going overboard with taking care of Jan.  Someone who has hurt him and his family a lot. 
   I wonder how Claire would feel about this.  Would it make her crazy jealous come out again ?   Would she still be daddy’s girl or would it make her bond with her mom?

• Like 2
  • Love 8

I'm glad Chanel came back to visit Tripp and actually focus on him instead of on Allie and then Johnny. Tripp and Chanel when they're talking one to one has been a nice development that I hope they keep. The writing for him in those scenes was a nice balance of Tripp not sounding bitter or angry at anyone but simply accepting of the reality/facts and not settling for less and also being supporting of both Chanel and Allie in whatever happens. It was so sweet Chanel brought him real food and his favorite Ham and Cheese Croissant and that they both were intent on remaining real friends.

Chanel also did a good job standing up for herself with the Wonder Twins who were both being pushy and fighting over her like she was a toy.  Now, girlfriend is a prize of a woman but Johnny and Allie both need to chill and let her decide who she wants. I still don't buy this renewed we're bestie twins line that the show is feeding between Johnny and Allie -especially as Allie still comes off as taking more jabs at Johnny than he does at her - but whatever.

I laughed SO HARD as Chanel's 'Oh man, you didn't tell her? at Xander as he realized his ooopsy with Sarah in not explaining Chanel being his ex-wife.  The look on her and Xander's faces was great.

Ignoring all the heinous crap EJ has done to Sami and their sordid history, Belle and EJ have heat and I'd love for Belle and EJ to end up being a true blue actual couple/love but before she gets involved with him she needs to have a chat with Nicole on what it means to battle Sami for EJ - even when Sami says she doesn't want him.  EJ actually seems like an awkward hopeful dumbstruck kid when around Belle and like he doesn't want to mess this up but I also know when Sami rolls back into town he's gonna act like a possessive fool and say he doesn't want her all the while really wanting her. I don't want Belle to be used and for everyone to have been right. 

John and Marlena don't like Belle much do they? Between John telling her off during Marlena's coma and Marlena allowing herself to be manipulated by Jan to be her therapist, they've got some dings against them. I'll give John the point that a potentially saner Jan is a good thing for everyone but Marlena shouldn't be the one to do it.  Between Sami and MarDevil, Belle's life these past few years have been crazy. No wonder she's hitting the bottle but I'm hoping they do NOT take her the way of Brady where John has another child battling drug and alcohol addiction.

EJ knows damn well his bloodlines are as sordid as they come. Kings? C'mon now. I feel like he was just throwing that out there to stick it to Lucas but I'd laugh if he had a genealogy chart overnighted to Lucas that does indeed show he has royal blood - but surprise on his mother's side, LOL.  They missed a chance to have Lucas throw out 'I know you're named after Elvis but just because he was the King of Rock and Roll that doesn't actually make you a King, dumbass'.  But then the Presley estate may have had issues with that :)

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
46 minutes ago, RedElf said:

They need to bring Claire back and have her read Shawn for his ridiculous actions.

Claire, or Hope, or Dead Bo, or Uncle Roman, or anyone really.  Why is he such an idiot and why has no one else called him out on it?

• Like 1
  • Applause 6
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, tribeca said:

I think Shawn is the one who needs therapy.  He is going overboard with taking care of Jan.  Someone who has hurt him and his family a lot. 
   I wonder how Claire would feel about this.  Would it make her crazy jealous come out again ?   Would she still be daddy’s girl or would it make her bond with her mom?

This story really is missing Claire instead of her being a side character to Ben/Ciara they could've actually used her for this storyline instead. Does Claire even know she's going to be a big sister?

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, tribeca said:

couldn’t Marlena just recommend a different psychiatrist?

19 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

As stated above, both Marlena and Shawn are idiots. Marlena has a massive conflict of interest in having Jan as a patient and Shawn is just stupid. Jan can find another doctor.

Lucas, you should admit to kidnapping Sami and seeing if she will press charges against you, forgive you, or whatever. He should not be lying to Allie.

Weird no one actually said the phrase "conflict of interest" w/r/t Marlena treating Jan. Also, Marlena has an ego the size of Jupiter with today's show "I'm uniquely qualified" to treat Jan nonsense she spouted to Kate.  Yeah, Marlena IS the only psychiatrist who exists or will ever exist, amirite?  🙄

7 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

I'm glad Chanel came back to visit Tripp and actually focus on him instead of on Allie and then Johnny. Tripp and Chanel when they're talking one to one has been a nice development that I hope they keep. The writing for him in those scenes was a nice balance of Tripp not sounding bitter or angry at anyone but simply accepting of the reality/facts and not settling for less and also being supporting of both Chanel and Allie in whatever happens. It was so sweet Chanel brought him real food and his favorite Ham and Cheese Croissant and that they both were intent on remaining real friends.

Ignoring all the heinous crap EJ has done to Sami and their sordid history, Belle and EJ have heat and I'd love for Belle and EJ to end up being a true blue actual couple/love but before she gets involved with him she needs to have a chat with Nicole on what it means to battle Sami for EJ - even when Sami says she doesn't want him.  EJ actually seems like an awkward hopeful dumbstruck kid when around Belle and like he doesn't want to mess this up but I also know when Sami rolls back into town he's gonna act like a possessive fool and say he doesn't want her all the while really wanting her. I don't want Belle to be used and for everyone to have been right. 

John and Marlena don't like Belle much do they? Between John telling her off during Marlena's coma and Marlena allowing herself to be manipulated by Jan to be her therapist, they've got some dings against them. I'll give John the point that a potentially saner Jan is a good thing for everyone but Marlena shouldn't be the one to do it.  Between Sami and MarDevil, Belle's life these past few years have been crazy. No wonder she's hitting the bottle but I'm hoping they do NOT take her the way of Brady where John has another child battling drug and alcohol addiction.

ITA to alllll of this.

Also, I've posted before that I'm a Shelle fan (due to the JC/KS portrayal) but I'm ok if the show kills off Shelle in favor of EJelle.  There's a ton of heat with this pairing.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Claire, or Hope, or Dead Bo, or Uncle Roman, or anyone really.  Why is he such an idiot and why has no one else called him out on it?

I really don't get why this show acts like Doug/Julie aren't related to Shawn because I believe Julie would've said something by now.

2 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I liked little Thomas, he is cute & came across as precocious in his scenes.  

Given how he's a male Horton he'll end up ignored like the rest of his bretheren. However he's half Dimera so he might have some hope.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Marlena should have been helping Sarah deal with learning about Mickey's death but that would have made sense. Wasn't that baby her granddaughter too? So conflict of interest there too. Although she was so busy with Ben I don't recall her ever reacting to Mickey's death reveal.

• Like 2
  • Love 4
54 minutes ago, SouthernChick said:

I’m so ticked at what Ron is doing to Lucas. Lucas would have never kidnapped Sami if written in character.

This is why you never want your faves to return to the show or get written for... 

I was never a Lumi fan but mostly because I hate Sami and it's so one sided this storyline shows why..

• Love 6
(edited)

Wondering who Thomas has kidnapped and hidden in the tunnels. 
EJ and Belle in matching bathrobes was so strange. 

It’s not looking good for Lucas 😞

Edited by tribeca
  • LOL 3

So 6 year old Thomas can lug that heavy breakfast tray with the orange juice and probably steak and eggs to the tunnels? Really?

Leo tells him that he is the Tooth Fairy? You'd think that the DiMeras would have sealed the outside access to the wine room - all those kidnappings. Thomas should also know to report the strange man who is in the room.

It was weird seeing Belle and EJ in matching robes. Surely Belle can even grab a clothing item from Anna's room. Anna is a bit larger but some of her kimonos can work on women of any size.

Bye, Will. Nice of you to drop by and visit almost no one.

Chad spilled the beans about Lucas to Abs. Sami is the one who should know and decide to press charges and any future relationship with him,

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Abby breaking Gwen’s mug was out of character. I could see Abby not delivering the mug to her dad but deliberately breaking the mug, no. They writers didn’t need this scene to have Gwen as a suspect. The fact that they will use this scene as a reason why Gwen is even a suspect is ridiculous.

(This whole story is stupid.) 

• Like 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

I'm loving how hardcore Abigail is--I actually gasped when she deliberately dropped Gwen's prison art therapy "Dad" mug and then I laughed when she stepped on the broken pieces.  Good for Abs for telling the psycho off--why in God's name would Gwen expect a favor from one the people whose lives she helped destroy?

I like the actress playing Jan and I kind of want her to be redeemed, if only to watch Belle lose her mind at Jan's continued presence in Shawn's life.  

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Abby being a bitch to Gwen was kinda awesome 

Why does Dee play Marlena as such a monotone cold fish? I've seen her as herself and she's quite bubbly 

Hate Lucas.  Would not want to be him when Sami finds out the truth 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I realize that the start of labor is generally greatly exaggerated on TV, but when Marlena sat there stoically and asked, “Can you describe the pain?” I kinda wanted Jan (who I don’t even like) to be like, “Oh gee I don’t know. How ‘bout I kick you in the uterus and you tell me?”

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Ral80 said:

Abby breaking Gwen’s mug was out of character. I could see Abby not delivering the mug to her dad but deliberately breaking the mug, no. They writers didn’t need this scene to have Gwen as a suspect. The fact that they will use this scene as a reason why Gwen is even a suspect is ridiculous.

(This whole story is stupid.) 

The whole mess today was sooo stupid.  It's very obvious this was all rushed because all these scenes with Gwen were just non-sensical.  I agree the breaking of the mug was out of character.  Abigail should have just walked out when Gwen started in with the fake bullshit about Jack's birthday.  Like she really cares.

After two plus years we FINALLY get a reason for Gwen to hate Abby.  After all the poisoning, lying, manipulating, kidnapping, etc. the retcon finally gets a real, tangible reason to hate Abby.  Poor, poor, POOR, orphan Gwennie.  That mean ol' Abby broke the super special birthday mug she made for Daddy.  How dare she!  

Stupid plot holes all around.  First off, call Jack yourself Gwen.  You JUST said you know Abby hates you and Jack doesn't, so why not CALL JACK YOURSELF to come and get your 1st grade art project mug?  She all of sudden can't get in contact with Jack without Abby's help?  Please.  Although, I will happily believe to myself that Jack is perfectly happy celebrating his birthday wherever he is with Jennifer and that if he wanted to be with Gwen on his birthday he would have.

Also, a mug that says "Dad" on it?!  Really, show?  That's the best you can come up with?  I thought she was joking at first, or had some ulterior motive, but then she was totally serious with that nonsense.  You want to give Jack a birthday present Gwen?  Write him a letter or something apologizing for the hell you've put him and his family through the past two years.  Go longer than a couple days without vowing revenge against his daughter or aiding and abetting someone else's revenge against her.  Do something mature and reflective of your almost 40 year old self and not some grade school art project.  She should have put "#1 Bestest Dad" on it to really put the cherry on top of how juvenile the whole thing was.  Show really needs to stop pushing that there's any actual relationship there.  It's so forced and unnatural.  Never mind that Gwen keeps trying to kill Jack's child.  But she just cares about Daddy oh so much that she just HAS to get this mug to him for his birthday!  Bullshit.

• Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6

Oh dear, a broken "Dad" coffee mug.  Quelle Dommage! Gwennie.  

Hopefully, the jewelry box she'll build for him next out of popsicle sticks will last longer.

Because we care, Gwennie, we really really do.....

giphy.gif

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I like the actress playing Jan and I kind of want her to be redeemed, if only to watch Belle lose her mind at Jan's continued presence in Shawn's life.  

No thanks on Jan being redeemed. I need that psycho to go back to prison where she belongs. Or dying during childbirth would be fine.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Why does Dee play Marlena as such a monotone cold fish? I've seen her as herself and she's quite bubbly 

I don’t know, but it’s annoying. She is capable of so much more. She was quite bubbly in the 80s and 90s. Now it’s like she’s just existing. No real passion or animation from her.

• Sad 2
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, KBrownie said:

The whole mess today was sooo stupid.  It's very obvious this was all rushed because all these scenes with Gwen were just non-sensical.  I agree the breaking of the mug was out of character.  Abigail should have just walked out when Gwen started in with the fake bullshit about Jack's birthday.  Like she really cares.

After two plus years we FINALLY get a reason for Gwen to hate Abby.  After all the poisoning, lying, manipulating, kidnapping, etc. the retcon finally gets a real, tangible reason to hate Abby.  Poor, poor, POOR, orphan Gwennie.  That mean ol' Abby broke the super special birthday mug she made for Daddy.  How dare she!  

Stupid plot holes all around.  First off, call Jack yourself Gwen.  You JUST said you know Abby hates you and Jack doesn't, so why not CALL JACK YOURSELF to come and get your 1st grade art project mug?  She all of sudden can't get in contact with Jack without Abby's help?  Please.  Although, I will happily believe to myself that Jack is perfectly happy celebrating his birthday wherever he is with Jennifer and that if he wanted to be with Gwen on his birthday he would have.

Also, a mug that says "Dad" on it?!  Really, show?  That's the best you can come up with?  I thought she was joking at first, or had some ulterior motive, but then she was totally serious with that nonsense.  You want to give Jack a birthday present Gwen?  Write him a letter or something apologizing for the hell you've put him and his family through the past two years.  Go longer than a couple days without vowing revenge against his daughter or aiding and abetting someone else's revenge against her.  Do something mature and reflective of your almost 40 year old self and not some grade school art project.  She should have put "#1 Bestest Dad" on it to really put the cherry on top of how juvenile the whole thing was.  Show really needs to stop pushing that there's any actual relationship there.  It's so forced and unnatural.  Never mind that Gwen keeps trying to kill Jack's child.  But she just cares about Daddy oh so much that she just HAS to get this mug to him for his birthday!  Bullshit.

The only silver lining for me in all of this is that JJ has been completely ignored in all of this. Yay me!

• Sad 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, SouthernChick said:

I don’t know, but it’s annoying. She is capable of so much more. She was quite bubbly in the 80s and 90s. Now it’s like she’s just existing. No real passion or animation from her.

I haven't really enjoyed Marlena since the 80s.  

It's not the intentions of the writing but both Abby and Belle are coming off as brats

• Like 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Swartz said:

It's not the intentions of the writing but both Abby and Belle are coming off as brats

Not to me. 

Abby:  totally justified in treating Gwen as she did in today's episode given the many, many, many horrible things Gwen has done to Abigail, Jack and possibly Laura. Dropping that kinder art project ranks so low (Marianas Trench low) on the scale of "who has done what horrible thing to who".

Belle:  if I were in her shoes, I'd feel as she does that HER OWN DAMN FAMILY is seemingly doing everything they can to accommodate Jan, the person who tormented Belle/Shawn for decades. Belle is allowed her feelings instead of being expected to grin and bear it. Actions have consequences. If Shawn/Marlena want to be there for poor, poor Jan - they have to accept that losing Belle is a real consequence. So for Shawn/Marlena they have to ask themselves:  do I want to risk losing my wife/daughter by continuing with Jan? 

But briefly returning to Gwen. It's so weird and dumb she's still onscreen. The writing for Gwen/Jack and Gwen/Xander at the police station made it seem like the character would be off screen for a while. What's the point of having her on our tv?  So she and Leo can cackle at all the horrible things they have planned for the people who "wronged them" in their delusional minds?!  Gwen and Leo need to die yesterday already. They both bring nothing to the story.

• Wink 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 10

Kate needs to be slapped down by Chad. Lucas is guilty, Chad shouldn't care if Lucas has to pay. He actually did it. Based on zkste, Lucas trumps Chad's wife and brother. Lucas is nothing compared to that.

Why does he need to give Kate assurances for anything? Lucas freedom who cares, he should go to prison. Chad really should not give a damn about Kate. 

Lol at Abby dropping the mug on purpose.  

• Love 2

The mug was unique. Didn't hate the Abs dropped it on purpose. Why didn't Gwennie just call her 'dad' and ask him to pick up his own gift? Who was she talking to at the end? Leo? Kristen? Ava?

Jan is going in to labour at maybe 6-7 months, if that? Marlena just looks at her? She does have some basic medical training so she can recognize labour or what seems to be labour.

Belle's outfit was a bit of a weird shade of animal print, like almost walking vomit. I get her entire family teaming up with Jan and ignoring her. She isn't the victim. Shawn is. Don't know if he only is around for Jan out of obligation.

Kate, Chad had every right to tell Abs about Lucas being behind the kidnapping.

Clyde wants Lucas to get involved in the drug trade? Yeah, that'll work.

• Love 6

Having one of Susan’s visions

Lucas one of the few Salem residents who pays for their crimes.  Task will be so excited to finally win something they throw the book at him.  

• Love 3
14 hours ago, tribeca said:

Having one of Susan’s visions

Lucas one of the few Salem residents who pays for their crimes.  Task will be so excited to finally win something they throw the book at him.  

But then he paid for Will's crime, because he went to jail for when Will shot EJ.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, brisbydog said:

Does Gwen just live in that visitor room anticipating potential visitors?

I think it's either that, or under a bridge with the Three Billygoats Gruff.

She's a catch, in handcuffs or running free like a rabid squirrel.

• LOL 8
21 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

She's so riding this out for the pay cheque and "prestige". Don't forget: she finally got to say the intro speech on Beyond Salem last year.

She's also totally checked out though.

• Love 7

I haven't seen Jan actually rest in a bed. The only time it was close was during her session with Marlena. It's not a stretch that pre term labor happened. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

So let's list the potential suspects:

• Leo (seen scared clutching a mysterious bag)
  • Lucas (passed out drunk)
  • Gwen (was "missing" from a prison with the worst security in the history of the world)
  • Jan (her labour seemed awfully conveniently timed...) *

*Kidding on this one. Maybe.

My unspoiled speculation is that Ron will pull a "surprise" and it was Harold or some other off-canvas character who murdered Abigail. (I mean, Harold probably gets paid peanuts and seems to work 24/7).

Boy, Belle jumped from "I'm here for as long as you need me Shawn" to "make me feel better EJ" pretty quick. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, RunningMarket said:

So let's list the potential suspects:

• Leo (seen scared clutching a mysterious bag)
  • Lucas (passed out drunk)
  • Gwen (was "missing" from a prison with the worst security in the history of the world)
  • Jan (her labour seemed awfully conveniently timed...) *

*Kidding on this one. Maybe.

My unspoiled speculation is that Ron will pull a "surprise" and it was Harold or some other off-canvas character who murdered Abigail. (I mean, Harold probably gets paid peanuts and seems to work 24/7).

Boy, Belle jumped from "I'm here for as long as you need me Shawn" to "make me feel better EJ" pretty quick. 

I'll add "Susan" to the list and credit my hubs who thinks it's really Kristin at the house. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 3

Enjoyable ep today.

The little kids that play Thomas and Charlotte are so adorable and actually resemble BF and MM. 

Man, I really felt your guys' comments about DH being so checked out today. She delivered the news of Jan having the baby so mundanely. It was kind of hilarious.

Damn Belle, maybe wait a day before fucking EJ lol. I can't really blame her though, he fine as hell. Does anyone know how DF got that scar on his chest?

• Love 8