Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

(edited)

I haven't had a chance to watch today's show, but yesterday Rafe told Sonny that Ariana seemed agitated when they were together and may be feeling any tension between Will and Sonny. He said that he saw it in Sydney and wished that he had done something. He doesn't really have a leg to stand on. The custody documents that Will and Gabi signed gave Rafe rights if something happened to them but I don't think that could be used to take her away from Will.    

Could Gabi use Rafe as a proxy? It's interesting that there could be this outside influence. I can't remember when this happened in Salem before even with all of the marital drama going on. Grandma Caroline never threatened Bo and Hope and Kate was all up in Sami and Luca's custody but never wanted Will for herself.  

Edited by Lilytiger

I'm absolutely disgusted that Lucas had sex with Sonny's mother. He deserves better than this. 

Can we hurry up and get to the part where Sparkle's useless mother is exposed so she can leave town. I'm tired of her.

I find it kind of gross that they brought out Theo just to prop Abifail and Chad. They weren't even together that long and I don't remember them spending much time on screen with Theo.

Rafe can sit his busy body ass down somewhere. Just because Will and Sonny are having problems doesn't mean they're going to break up. And even if they do break up they can still raise Ari together. People do it all the time. And how does he expect to "step in" anyway? Will wouldn't lose custody just because his marriage ended.

OK, so now I feel like this Will/Sonny/Sparkle story is taking a drastic turn. Will deleted his article on Sparkle and seems to be more secure about Sonny's feelings for him and is looking forward to a future with him. Now all of a sudden Sonny and Sparkle are sharing glances...what is going on?

• Love 2

Sonny is freaking flipping beautiful.  Lordy.

Sparkle and Sonny don't even have to try to flirt with each other.  It's all in the eyes.

You're toast, Sneasel.

• Love 4

OK, so now I feel like this Will/Sonny/Sparkle story is taking a drastic turn. Will deleted his article on Sparkle and seems to be more secure about Sonny's feelings for him and is looking forward to a future with him. Now all of a sudden Sonny and Sparkle are sharing glances...what is going on?

I think Will cheating, and consideirng maybe they married too young, it has made Sonny question his marriage with Will and his feelings for Paul are reappearing again. I don't think those feelings were ever all gone, most people always have a weakness for their first love. The question is what one will do with those feelings and if those feelings are stronger than your feelings for the person you are currently with.

• Love 1

Not to beat a dead horse that's already been dragged out of an empty barn, but Chad's lie of omission about his (non-)brain tumour is still a falsehood; in the grand scheme of things, it's not the worst thing a Dimera ever did, but it is a lie.

• Love 1
(edited)

That thing Paul does with his eyes really bugs the heck out of me. Because of that eye thing he does, I feel that Paul is a bit of an enigma, and as a result, I don't see why I should care whose kid he is (or why he stayed in the closet).  Then again if I don't care who John's parents are, I don't get why the show expects me to care who Paul's parents are either. 

I can see the flirt thing Sonny is doing too, but it doesn't bug me as much in his case. It's there, but it's more subtle and seems less creepy. 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3
(edited)

That thing Paul does with his eyes really bugs the heck out of me. Because of that eye thing he does, I feel that Paul is a bit of an enigma, and as a result, I don't see why I should care whose kid he is (or why he stayed in the closet).  Then again if I don't care who John's parents are, I don't get why the show expects me to care who Paul's parents are either. 

I can see the flirt thing Sonny is doing too, but it doesn't bug me as much in his case. It's there, but it's more subtle and seems less creepy. 

In some ways, Sparkle feels like the second coming of Dan the sleazy doctor.. Everybody is fawning over him, while throwing Jack under the bus to make him palatable and more worthy of Jennifer's love and family..I am still fuming over this as a hardcore Jack and Jennifer fan....

When did Theo become such a fan of Abifail? must everything on this show be contrived? Nothing feels organic... Why is Chad falling for her again? She fucked his brother...People complain about Will, but, Abifail was worst, she stalked EJ and begged to be his side piece..Yuck... 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4
(edited)

Well, the way Paul looks at Sonny is that he obviously is still in love with him (I think CS can play that look off quite well). Which we already knew, but you can see it too. It's only creepy if it is unrequited, I do not think it is.

Edited by Ruby Red
  • Love 5

Well, the way Paul looks at Sonny is that he obviously is still in love with him (I think CS can play that look off quite well). Which we already knew, but you can see it too. It's only creepy if it is unrequited, I do not think it is.

Let Paulson happen, so that Will can move on with his precious daughter...I hope Will finds somebody else and does not mope about Sonny and Sparkle..

• Love 1

Oh Adrienne, you jezebel (can we use that word) not in Victor's study but up in a bedroom will make it any less wrong because there's a mattress under your back. SMDH. She slaps Sneasel for cheating, didn't she slap Justin too, I can't remember but she can go and open her legs to Lucas. Ok hyprocrite.

Oh look the kids took picture with a Jar Jar, now they should get those photos and turn them in to the government and show that there really are aliens invading our planet. Get some of that reward money or the kids might take the photo as a memento to show their kids the alien life forms. She and Chad suppose to be getting lids for the cups yet she's flirting it up Chad. Chad is just a loser for wanting to get involved with her. Abby just loves when two men are fighting over and she does it with such glee on her face.

Ciara continues to be an annoying snot. One thing I don't like about Hope is how she lets Ciara get away with acting the way she does. I would have popped her in the mouth already. You don't reprimand her for slipping away from someone that's suppose to be watching her and Abe is proving what a lousy babysitter he's suppose to be and he works in law enforcement LMAO. I don't know if her behavior is suppose to be seen as cute, but I see it as annoying. Golddigger in the making.

I know Sonny isn't going to kiss or sleep with Sparkles just because he's shirtless and who's office is that? Sneasel's? Sonny said shirts back at the office, is that suppose to be TBDs office, it's hard to tell because all office sets look the same. Just like Dark Roast's bathroom and DiMera Enterprises shower.

• Love 1

Let Paulson happen, so that Will can move on with his precious daughter...I hope Will finds somebody else and does not mope about Sonny and Sparkle..

I'm sure Will and Sonny will get back together eventually when they split up.

• Love 2
(edited)

I hope Ron Carlivati was watching today to see kids acting like kids as opposed to 35 year olds.

The dialogue when Chad & Abigail were in TBD looking for the lids didn't even make sense. I don't know if one of the actors screwed up, but this isn't the first time in recent weeks where two characters are saying things back and forth but not having a sensical conversation.

I love how Sonny's office was the same hospital office set that they use for Dan & Kayla, and they didn't even try to disguise it.

I really liked Will and then Marlena figuring out Jawn is Paul's father. For the past few years the show has been dragging stuff like that for weeks or sometimes even months, so I love that characters got to use their brains and move the story along at a reasonable pace.

I'm glad that Lucas & Adrianne got some. I know they're not popular on this board but I really like them. That said, it is a little Appalachian that their sons are married. Its also a little creepy that Will slept with his step-uncle/cousin(?)

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 3

I'm sure Will and Sonny will get back together eventually when they split up.

Since this show is so predictable, Will will get with somebody else causing Sonny to be jealous and that will cause Sparkle to be insecure about Sonny....

Oh, I think they're setting up that random reporter to be the one to expose Paul's paternity while Will whines that he totally changed his mind.  Whatever, Ace.

• Love 3

I hope Ron Carlivati was watching today to see kids acting like kids as opposed to 35 year olds.

The dialogue when Chad & Abigail were in TBD looking for the lids didn't even make sense.

I love how Sonny's office was the same hospital office set that they use for Dan & Kayla, and they didn't even try to disguise it.

I really liked Will and then Marlena figuring out Jawn is Paul's father. For the past few years the show has been dragging stuff like that for weeks or sometimes even months, so I love that characters got to use their brains and move the story along at a reasonable pace.

I'm glad that Lucas & Adrianne got some. I know they're not popular on this board but I really like them. That said, it is a little Appalachian that their sons are married. Its also a little creepy that Will slept with his step-uncle/cousin(?)

Will and Sonny are cousins through marriage...lol  On As the world turns,Lily and Holden were married and they were adopted uncle and niece...lol You gotta love soaps and their convoluted family tree...

• Love 1
(edited)

I think my issue with Paul is that he gives that look to a lot of people, including Abigail. That's why I find it creepy -- because of it's overuse,  not that it's unrequited.

I think Paul is in love with Sonny, but the over-use of that look renders it kind of annoying to me (sort of like Abigail's smirk).

Since Sonny doesn't use the sex-eye thing on everyone he meets, his acting technique in this area seems more measured and authentic. 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1
(edited)

Oh, I think they're setting up that random reporter to be the one to expose Paul's paternity while Will whines that he totally changed his mind.  Whatever, Ace.

I think that the reporter is going to expose the one night stand humiliating Will in the process....I think that Marlena will tell John about Sparkle..I think Derrick spilled the beans about Sparkle and Will to that reporter...

Edited by Apprentice79
(edited)

I think that the reporter is going to expose the one night stand humiliating Will in the process....

Maybe it'll be both.  Either way, if Will whines about being the victim of the type of journalistic embarrassment he was just threatening Paul with, I'll shove one of his ugly shirts in his mouth.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6
(edited)

Maybe it'll be both.  Either way, if Will whines about being the victim of the type of journalistic embarrassment he was just threatening Paul with, I'll shove one of his ugly shirts in his mouth.

Will is going to whine because he always does...lol..Only Marlena and Lucas were aware of his intentions to humiliate Sparkle by writing that scathing article....

Adrienne had no problems whatsoever with dropping her panties for Lucas...lol..Did she know that she was married...lol  that is what she asked Will when she confronted him about his affair with Sparkle...Plus, she was grinning like a village idiot, I guess Lucas must have given it to her real good...lol...Lucas better be careful because Justin has taken hits out on his Wife's lovers in the past, he needs to go talk to Emilio...lol...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

Will deleted that article for himself, not because he felt bad. Since Stefano is not the father, he loses both his scoop and his leverage that Stefano will somehow take Paul away and brainwash him. Notice how he told Tori they'll keep it a secret but Paul still had to leave. Then he proceeded to lie to Marlena's face. I'm glad Marlena called him out on it and his plan to hide John's son from him because he KNOWS it will mean Paul stays around. And if Will spent less time having assignations with his blackmailees at Salem landmark park benches, he might notice that his husband and Paul are becoming best friends and his once step dad is plotting on taking his daughter away.

The carnival was corny in that fun, feel good way and the Paulson and kids water fight was adorable. I am now picturing Paulson happily married with a gaggle of kids. The way Paul took his shirt off cracked me up. Whenever he's talking to Sonny, Paul does this hilarious intense panther seductive walk and gets ALL up in his space. Sometimes i have to back up from my TV screen when Paul appears.

Chad is Paulson's biggest shipper. I surrender my crown to him.

• Love 5

man we just had to see Sparkles shirtless but not Sonny!! We all know quite well that Paul has a rockin' bod but is to too much to ask that we see Sonny as well? That would've ramped the sexual tension by at least a factor of say +1000!!

(Yeah I admit I'm still shallow about Freddie but damn it I wanna see just once what Freddie looks like naturally. Just once!!)

What disgusts me is Lucas and Adrienne. Dude, this is one of those few ships that really make me want to barf. Ewww.

Also, what is up with Rafe? Sure, he is overly concerned about Arianna because she is niece. but if I feel like if either Will or Sonny had been a woman he would not be so concerned... It just gave me a weird vibe.

• Love 3
(edited)

What disgusts me is Lucas and Adrienne. Dude, this is one of those few ships that really make me want to barf. Ewww.

Also, what is up with Rafe? Sure, he is overly concerned about Arianna because she is niece. but if I feel like if either Will or Sonny had been a woman he would not be so concerned... It just gave me a weird vibe.

I agree..I understand his concern for his niece because she will be affected by what happens between Wilson..He was not respecting the boundaries of a married couple. They are not abusing Arianna...Rafe has always had an unnatural attachment to other people's children..Look at how he was with EJ's kids...I will not be surprise with Rafe running and telling Gaby about Wilson's problems ,trying to declare  Wilson unfit to get Ari for himself....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2
(edited)

Paul's Mom seems so mousy I can't picture John showing any interest in her when they were young. John seems to go for women with a certain amount of gravitas (i.e Marlena, Isabella, Kristen, whoever Genie Francis played, Hope/Gina/whoever the heck Kristian Alfonso was playing when John had sex with her character, etc). 

Lucas and Adrienne -- yuck. Even if Adrienne was completely single, I still think I'd find them gross together. WTF did I just watch?

Well, I guess Abigail wants Ben and Chad to fight over her?

The nonchalant version of Ben at least seems somewhat less plastic...I could get behind this version of Ben that won't reveal his jealousy to Abigail, because we know that's what she's hoping for...

Rafe is being too nosy, but his nosiness is kind of funny because no one in this triangle is being the least bit subtle...I'd probably be snooping around just for the heck of it because how lousy everybody is at covering up this mess....

Edited by bantering
  • Love 4

The dialogue when Chad & Abigail were in TBD looking for the lids didn't even make sense. I don't know if one of the actors screwed up, but this isn't the first time in recent weeks where two characters are saying things back and forth but not having a sensical conversation.

I blame KM. 

Well, I guess Abigail wants Ben and Chad to fight over her?

Abifail always wants multiple men fighting over her nasty hooha at all times. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I tried with Lucas and Adrienne.  I really tried. I just can't get past thinking he seems like her kid.  Not good.

Judi Evans does have beautiful eyes.  I had never noticed that before.

Edited by lilly6
  • Love 3
(edited)

Sonny has been shirtless before, we got to see both him and T shirtless on the 4th of July eppy last year.

It's great that either Freddie or the producers decided to ditch the waxed look.

The whole thing of guys on tv not just soaps, and the real world, waxing and shaving themselves of all body hair is kinda creepy.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 1
(edited)

Theo's a bit old to be throwing a public temper tantrum like that especially over something so dumb, like Chad and Abigail being together with him. 

Rafe's interest in Sonny/Paul/Will is creepy, what's it his business at all? He's a bartender at Victor's place. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 3
(edited)

What a great description of Abigail and her two-bit brain.  I'm still puzzled about Chad the Bad, or at least the reaction he gets from the Salemites.  Yesterday Hope acted as if he was Stefano himself.  The only "bad" I remember him doing was lying to Abigail so he could beat Cameron to the prize and be the first to collect the Big Frosty.

Chad also caused Sonny to lose all of the money in his bank account, on purpose, but nobody knows it but him and Stefano.

Sensible Will is creeping me out. I'm glad Marlena called him out.

Ugly tattoo, Bryan.

"Tori Simpson"?  I know Tori said she was using a "professional name" back then, but was she married before?

Sonny has extra shirts at the office that would fit Paul?

Chase has to quit betting with Ciara.

It's odd that they're showing a lot of Theo if they're planning on SORASing him.

Edited by Rick Kitchen
  • Love 2
(edited)

Theo's a bit old to be throwing a public temper tantrum like that especially over something so dumb, like Chad and Abigail being together with him. 

Rafe's interest in Sonny/Paul/Will is creepy, what's it his business at all? He's a bartender at Victor's place. 

Don't be surprise when Rafe tries to take Ari from Wilson..What is it with Wilson with people trying to take their kid away...lol is it because that they are men with a daughter...The twins who play Ari are divine...They are beautiful and they actually add to the scenes instead of derailing them....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

Don't be surprise when Rafe tries to take Ari from Wilson..What is it with Wilson with people trying to take their kid away...lol is it because that they are men with a daughter...

Rafe's potential motives are stupid, but not homophobic.

• Love 2

I really enjoyed today's episode (well, except for the Abigail parts).  Having townspeople get together to celebrate an event, instead of watching it on tv in a hotel room or having it happen offscreen and talking about it later, is one of my favorite things about soaps.  As usual, I love everything about Ciara and Chase.  Such cute and realistic little kids.

While I don't care either way about Paul, he and Sonny make a gorgeous couple.  I mean, damn.  CS and FS are hot.

This probably belongs in the unpopular opinion folder, but I like Lucas and Adrienne.  And hair and makeup seem to be liking her better, too, these days.  She's looking good.

Dunno how I feel about Lucas and Adrienne yet.  I'm not repulsed ... but not thrilled either.  It is nice to see people in their 40s still treated as sexual beings, though.  But I totally agree about Adrienne.  She's a pretty woman, and her hair looks so much better than it used to.  She was sportin' a pretty stupid haircut for awhile.

• Love 3

I would like to think Theo is wanting Chad and Abigail together so there is no way Abigail will be his new step mom.

• Love 3

In the scenes just before Sonny told Won't about the blood transfusion, the most natural and moving contribution came from the little girl playing Ari. She rested her head on Guy Wilson's shoulder and looked very sweet. Wilson himself seemed to be little more relaxed and less stilted than he often does. More scenes for Ari G!

• Love 4

I think show was trying to remind us of Theo's autism (that he seemed to magically outgrow a few years back) therefore the inappropriate behavior, Abe using distraction techniques and Chad saying he gets used to a routine.

Ciara continues to be an annoying snot. One thing I don't like about Hope is how she lets Ciara get away with acting the way she does. I would have popped her in the mouth already. You don't reprimand her for slipping away from someone that's suppose to be watching her and Abe is proving what a lousy babysitter he's suppose to be and he works in law enforcement LMAO. I don't know if her behavior is suppose to be seen as cute, but I see it as annoying. Golddigger in the making.

That little shit gets away with everything.  I don't find it cute either other than she's a good little actress for being able to play those notes.  She has a disturbing interest in her mother kissing, doesn't she?  I'm worried for Casper, he's more vulnerable than Theo used to be and she'll get others into serious trouble with her controlling nature and disgusting love of money. I hoped she'd grow up to be the next Sami when I actually bought her sadness about her daddy being gone.  But Sami wasn't mercenary just looking for love. 

You could see the scene with Sparkle taking off his shirt coming down the street, around the corner and up the hall.  Duh.  I'm beginning to like Tori speaking up a little more but "Tori Simpson" name cracked me up.

Will's Bert and Ernie sweater looked particularly awful next to Mar's refreshingly casual look.  I have no idea why JarJar thinks she needs to have her picture taken with the kids. 

I decided I like seeing BD in action more than I find JE to be pretty yet not really sexy, so I watched. I felt for her when she said it's been a long time.  And I like the way they talk to each other The tattoo distracted me.  Ok, now that we've established they did it, it should never happen again. 

• Love 4

If Sonny wants to end his marriage to Sneasel because of Sneasel's cheating, and because Sonny has discovered he still has feelings for Sparkle, Sonny just needs to tell Will that.

I think Lucas may end up getting his heart broken.  Justin will return, and it will be revealed that he wasn't cheating, or he was cheating, but has decided he wants Adrienne back.  Either way, Lucas will be the one who gets hurt.  Since Adrienne hasn't divorced Justin yet, does this make Adrienne and Lucas cheaters?

I guess the writers don't know what to do with Rafe without Sami.  So far any SL they've tried with Rafe that doesn't involve Sami, never seems to go anywhere.

• Love 4

No! Nooooooo! Lucas undressing Adrienne. And the idea of them having sex. No.

I don't need to see Jar Jar flirting with Chad.

Will being dangerous and intimidating is a joke. Especially since he looks like a hall monitor. Yuck now John dragged into this mess and his family and backstory is edited yet again.

I just noticed from Failure's hairline to eyebrows its like 1 inch of skin. She has a seriously short forehead and really resembles Jar Jar.

Rafe is way too interested in Sonny and Will relationship. Does he want Sonny for himself of something or is he bored or taking cues from the Horton family?

Ciara is the next Abigail.

Did she throw herself at Aiden and I missed the scene?

• Love 6