Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, Brendan Birch said:

He was suspicious that her confession was bogus (which it is).

I got that but that did not seem the way to get her trust. She’s doomed anyway with that lawyer.  I found Justin weird in the scene to be honest. 

• Love 3
22 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

I know that Andrew is a Brady. In my original post regarding the matter, I say I think DF was miscast as EJ Dimera, and he should have been cast as a Brady. I then suggest Andrew Donovan, and state that DF and GV could pass for first cousins.

In what you quote, I mention that Allie and Ciara are the only young Brady women, so he'll have a lot of dating options. I also mention Andrew using the Brady family as an initial tie to canvas, but how he could expand, and how I hope he has a strong relationship with Kayla similar to Theresa when she was first introduced.

Oh I misunderstood thanks for the clarification.

I do echo the sentiment that its OOC for Eric to want Xarah together. Even though he may not want Sarah romantically I do believe he cared about her as a friend (and vice versa) and would be against it.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, norcalgal said:

Yeah, I think this is where the show will go, but as I wrote above, I wouldn't mind an Eric/Sarah romance.  Give us viewers a little break from the yo-yo relationships!

Don't you remember how boring they were the first time?

• Love 6

I just can’t with Shawn anymore. Him saying he’s “in the middle” between Jan and Belle….am I supposed to feel sorry for him? One is your wife, the other is your rapist who has tried to kill your wife numerous times. Really dude?

• Love 17
3 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Don't you remember how boring they were the first time?

AMEN.

Eric will probably interact with Nicole, anyway. (Educated guess.) Or maybe hire someone with some fire to offset his blandness?

I REALLY do not like her (duh!), but someone like Gwen would be a good contrast. (Nicole used to be like Gwen, but she seems a bit of a mess these days...)

• Love 3

Why does Shawn D feel he has any responsibility toward Jan or her unborn offspring? Maybe child support but the baby could have been the product of male sexual assault. Why is Belle moving in to the DiMera mansion? She can't stay with her parents or rent an Airbnb for a few weeks? Why is Leo faking some drugged out Sonny photos to sell to the town tabloid? Why does a small city like Salem even have a town tabloid? 

So Leo goes to Statesville to visit Gwendolyn? To tell her about his glorious plans for revenge? All this effort because he lied about being married and was looking for a doctor's payday? Yeah, he sure loves Craig Wesley.

Will, getting the text about thanking him for cookies he didnt' send, flies all the way from Arizona to Salem? And then opens his laptop or tablet to show Sonny the photos?

At least Sonny made an appointment to get tested to see what was in his system. The Edible Arrangement sure lasted a long time without the pineapple starting to dry up a bit. 

So Jake feels that Gabi and Shin are getting it on? Uh, you are with Ava now, bud. Keep your little garage mini apartment. You may need it again soon. And maybe not tell Ava that Rafe and Nicole are now engaged. She has issues. We still don't know much about Shin and whether he does seem to be a 'nice' guy or if he is a snakier snake than Gabi and Jake and other DiMeras combined.

• Love 7

On the plus side, I love Gabi and Shin finally getting together...but I can already tell the writing won't be good. Shin is a way better match for Gabi than Jake.

And it was great to see Victor.

• Love 13

I know the "it's a paycheck" argument, but Greg Rickaart taking the Leo role is a black mark against him in my book, considering this last turn of events.  But that's nothing compared to the revulsion I'm feeling towards Carlivati for writing this horrendous crap, not only using rape as entertainment, but portraying gay men as soulless predators in the current climate of our culture.

What an asshole.  That covers a multitude of players and writers, by the way.

• Love 21
1 hour ago, boes said:

I know the "it's a paycheck" argument, but Greg Rickaart taking the Leo role is a black mark against him in my book, considering this last turn of events.  But that's nothing compared to the revulsion I'm feeling towards Carlivati for writing this horrendous crap, not only using rape as entertainment, but portraying gay men as soulless predators in the current climate of our culture.

What an asshole.  That covers a multitude of players and writers, by the way.

Rape, revenge, lying, cheating, incest...you name it. They have ALWAYS been part of daytime drama, and will no doubt continue in the future.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I REALLY do not like her (duh!), but someone like Gwen would be a good contrast. (Nicole used to be like Gwen, but she seems a bit of a mess these days...)

The idea of Eric and Gwen together is straight-up hilarious to me and now I want it to happen lol.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, MsTree said:

Rape, revenge, lying, cheating, incest...you name it. They have ALWAYS been part of daytime drama, and will no doubt continue in the future.

But, we don't usually have ALL of that every single day! Plus, on Days we also have recovered from death, masks to make you looks and sound alike anyone else, crazy mad scientists, demonic possession, and frequent amnesia. Ron C has taken the entire Soaps 101 book and put them all in one episode. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
9 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

The idea of Eric and Gwen together is straight-up hilarious to me and now I want it to happen lol.

I can imagine the Gwen/Sami bitchfests at each other now, each being hypocritical wenches, shrieking about each other's offenses as they ignore their own...

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

I can imagine the Gwen/Sami bitchfests at each other now, each being hypocritical wenches, shrieking about each other's offenses as they ignore their own...

I want this please 

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

Well the one useful thing about Gwen is that she can be paired with anyone in town.

That being said I'm not sure why Eric would go for Gwen. Nicole is the only bad girl that he is drawn to otherwise all his placeholders are the opposite of her.

• Love 3

All I got out of Sarah & Zander's scenes today is that Sarah has ridiculously low standards when it comes to men if a tombstone is all it takes to fall back in love with a jerk like him...for the second time at that.  Screw remembering her forgiveness of Zander, can Sarah please go back to work so Kayla can quit examining her relatives. Speaking of which, if the effects of the sedative Leo gave Sonny have worn off, then why does he still feel woozy.  

I don't even like Belle all that well, but I'm rooting for her to go apeshit on Jan. Maybe even Shawn too to knock some sense into him. 

Why does Belle even need to petition the court to keep Jan from her baby. If Ron wasn't such a hack writer, Jan would automatically go back to prison upon giving birth and thus not be allowed to see her baby outside of prison visits. And Shawn would have enough brains and experience with the law to know this without sounding disgusted by the idea. 

• Love 11
23 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

Why does Belle even need to petition the court to keep Jan from her baby.

I don't understand how Belle has any say in the matter.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, RedElf said:

I don't understand how Belle has any say in the matter.

I'd imagine as an officer of the court and technically the child's stepmother as long as her and Shawn are still married.  But this story is so nonsensical with Jan as a convicted murder out on house arrest simply because of a high risk pregnancy.  It would make more sense if Jan was still in jail, where she logically and legally would be, and trying to manipulate Shawn into raising the baby while Belle was trying to convince him to put it up for adoption and press charges against her for rape.  

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

I don't even like Belle all that well, but I'm rooting for her to go apeshit on Jan. Maybe even Shawn too to knock some sense into him. 

Why does Belle even need to petition the court to keep Jan from her baby. If Ron wasn't such a hack writer, Jan would automatically go back to prison upon giving birth and thus not be allowed to see her baby outside of prison visits. And Shawn would have enough brains and experience with the law to know this without sounding disgusted by the idea. 

This! And also THIS!

Welp, so much for Gwen’s “I don’t want to do any more awful things” pablum she spouted to Jack.

It’s obvs Gwen’s revenge against Abigail will somehow involve Abigail getting pregnant and/or the baby itself. 

• Love 8

I know I’m supposed to be mad that Belle kissed EJ, but I’m really not. Shawn lost any sympathy I might have had for him when he invited his rapist to live with him and Belle and didn’t even bother to tell Belle about it. Also, he keeps taking Jan’s side like today when Belle served him separation papers he said “you better not be taking Jan’s baby from her.” Shouldn’t Shawn want that to happen???

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

Why does Belle even need to petition the court to keep Jan from her baby. If Ron wasn't such a hack writer, Jan would automatically go back to prison upon giving birth and thus not be allowed to see her baby outside of prison visits.

In Salem being a MOTHER is a free get out of jail card. How much you wanna bet that once that demon spawn is born there will no mention of Jan going back to prison to finish her sentence. And if the brat has some sort of medical emergency or is kidnapped, I'm sure Jan will just have to remain free to deal with the drama and then just never return to prison. 

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

Welp, so much for Gwen’s “I don’t want to do any more awful things” pablum she spouted to Jack.

It’s obvs Gwen’s revenge against Abigail will somehow involve Abigail getting pregnant and/or the baby itself. 

Gwen continues to make Jack out to be a total fool with his long speeches about having faith in her.  When is it enough Jack?  The bitch doesn't care about you ONE iota.  You only exist to serve her emotional needs.  These writers care nothing about making him look utterly stupid and gullible every time he gives his long speeches about her.  She proves him wrong EVERY time.  But I guess she doesn't care because he comes back like an abuse victim even after every disgusting thing she does to him and his family.  She knows she can do what she wants and Jack will come back with a long speech and she can promise to be better and he will swallow her bullshit until the next time.

I agree that with all the baby talk today that she's going to take things to another level and target either an unborn Chad and Abby kid or go after Thomas or Charlotte.  I loved how she admitted, despite all her denials at the time, that she would have basically used her kid to come between Abby and Chad.  That baby knew what it was doing when it decided it didn't want her for a mother.  Will going after the innocent grandchildren finally be enough for Jack? Sad that they continue to ruin him to prop the nasty dud Gwen.  Is the audience supposed to be rooting for her or Leo?  Whiners who wallow in their own victimhood when those who they victimize dare to stand up for themselves against the sociopaths.  And they keep bringing up Laura for some reason.  Either Laura is alive or she killed her.  Pick a lane. 

I'm #TeamLaura when it comes to Gwen.  Yeah, they might be paying for it now, but at least they had all that time without the nasty wench in their lives.  I can't imagine Jack would have protected a baby Abigail from the sociopath if this is how he acts now.  Poor JJ might not exist as the jealous wench probably would have killed him so she didn't have another sibling to compete with for daddy's affection.

They really need to cut her tie to Jack.  If she wants to be full-throttle villain out to get Abigail, then she needs not to be related to Jack.  It kills his character that he can keep defending her no matter how she hurts everyone else he's supposed to care about and protect and who can ever buy her giving a shit about her "father" when she keeps going after people he loves?  Why would anyone ever root for her?  How is she viable as a character?  She's just a nasty, irrational, illogical, petty bitch.

• Love 9
47 minutes ago, bunnyblue said:

In Salem being a MOTHER is a free get out of jail card. How much you wanna bet that once that demon spawn is born there will no mention of Jan going back to prison to finish her sentence. And if the brat has some sort of medical emergency or is kidnapped, I'm sure Jan will just have to remain free to deal with the drama and then just never return to prison. 

Sadly, it probably will turn out something like that, especially since Shawn has caught the "but she's a mother" bug that's going around the precinct. 

59 minutes ago, SouthernChick said:

I know I’m supposed to be mad that Belle kissed EJ, but I’m really not. Shawn lost any sympathy I might have had for him when he invited his rapist to live with him and Belle and didn’t even bother to tell Belle about it. Also, he keeps taking Jan’s side like today when Belle served him separation papers he said “you better not be taking Jan’s baby from her.” Shouldn’t Shawn want that to happen???

Agree, the show is not doing anything to make Shawn look like he has a functioning brain.  It's like he wants to be shackled to his psycho rapist's baby for the next 18 years so she can manipulate and toy with him and his marriage for decades to come.  A more intelligent story would have Shawn considering whether he really wants to raise this child or whether he wants to purse having both of their parental rights terminated and the baby put up for adoption so Jan has no influence or rights in its life. 

• Love 3

Gwen disgusts. Abby deserves to make her pay over and over again for things she has done. But Gwen needs revenge? All Gwen has done since arriving to town is hurt and manipulate. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

Agree, the show is not doing anything to make Shawn look like he has a functioning brain.  It's like he wants to be shackled to his psycho rapist's baby for the next 18 years so she can manipulate and toy with him and his marriage for decades to come.  A more intelligent story would have Shawn considering whether he really wants to raise this child or whether he wants to purse having both of their parental rights terminated and the baby put up for adoption so Jan has no influence or rights in its life. 

Preach!  But speaking of Shawn, I’m glad DOOL had Belle present Shawn what looked like formal separation papers (if not divorce papers) instead of going the cheating route. Although, those papers essentially equal a “get out of jail free” card for Belle to pursue a relationship with EJ. Oh well…if Shawn keeps being stupid giving in to Jan at every instance…the death of the marriage is mostly on him. 

• Love 12

When Leo asked Gwen if she killed Laura, she said only her and Laura will ever know the truth. But they Gwen stated someday perhaps she will let Abby know the truth. Did I hear it right? Is this a foreshadow? 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Ral80 said:

When Leo asked Gwen if she killed Laura, she said only her and Laura will ever know the truth. But they Gwen stated someday perhaps she will let Abby know the truth. Did I hear it right? Is this a foreshadow? 

But hasn't she supposedly already told them all the truth about this?  Didn't she JUST swear to Jack in her latest round of "I'm so sorry, it wasn't my fault, my mother didn't love me, YOU abandoned me dad, Abigail LIED to me, I'm a changed person" that Laura dying was an accident and that she only said that she killed Laura at the wedding to hurt Abigail?  This shouldn't be in dispute anymore based on the retcon's promises and protestations to Jack and the rest of them.

But now today, what happened is between her and Laura and maybe one day between her and Abigail?  Soooo, she did, in fact, kill Laura on purpose?  It's not like she isn't capable, but I'm not sure what the show is trying to do with repeatedly going back to it.  If it was truly an accident, why wasn't that shown from jump?  If it was an accident, why keep going over and over it.  Is the wench STILL lying to Jack's face about it?  Well, so what?  Jack happily is nothing but her fool to lead around on a string, so he won't care.  He'll be outraged for a minute and then give another tearful speech and she'll lie to him and the cycle starts all over again.  Why the need to keep revisiting it?  

And for the record, it will forever be disgusting and an insult that the character of Laura is reduced to being nothing but bait that this nothing of a character gets to use to hurt Laura's family.  

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Ral80 said:

Yes, that's what she said. 

• Love 2

Shawn: "I know I've screwed up and not handled this well."

My youngest: "Ya think? 🙄"

Can we get a scene where Shawn and Tony go to a I've Been a Real Dick to My Wife Anonymous meeting? 

Pretty sure Ron wrote Jan's little speech while reading viewer comments.  

Why did Ben not just say, "Hey we just spent the last 7 months with the devil after our baby, we don't want the devil's minion babysitting." 

My oldest: "I think if I was Ben I'd just stay clear of the bigger psycho in the room" 🤣

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, KBrownie said:

Gwen continues to make Jack out to be a total fool with his long speeches about having faith in her.  When is it enough Jack?  The bitch doesn't care about you ONE iota.  You only exist to serve her emotional needs.  These writers care nothing about making him look utterly stupid and gullible every time he gives his long speeches about her.  She proves him wrong EVERY time.  But I guess she doesn't care because he comes back like an abuse victim even after every disgusting thing she does to him and his family.  She knows she can do what she wants and Jack will come back with a long speech and she can promise to be better and he will swallow her bullshit until the next time.

I agree that with all the baby talk today that she's going to take things to another level and target either an unborn Chad and Abby kid or go after Thomas or Charlotte.  I loved how she admitted, despite all her denials at the time, that she would have basically used her kid to come between Abby and Chad.  That baby knew what it was doing when it decided it didn't want her for a mother.  Will going after the innocent grandchildren finally be enough for Jack? Sad that they continue to ruin him to prop the nasty dud Gwen.  Is the audience supposed to be rooting for her or Leo?  Whiners who wallow in their own victimhood when those who they victimize dare to stand up for themselves against the sociopaths.  And they keep bringing up Laura for some reason.  Either Laura is alive or she killed her.  Pick a lane. 

I'm #TeamLaura when it comes to Gwen.  Yeah, they might be paying for it now, but at least they had all that time without the nasty wench in their lives.  I can't imagine Jack would have protected a baby Abigail from the sociopath if this is how he acts now.  Poor JJ might not exist as the jealous wench probably would have killed him so she didn't have another sibling to compete with for daddy's affection.

They really need to cut her tie to Jack.  If she wants to be full-throttle villain out to get Abigail, then she needs not to be related to Jack.  It kills his character that he can keep defending her no matter how she hurts everyone else he's supposed to care about and protect and who can ever buy her giving a shit about her "father" when she keeps going after people he loves?  Why would anyone ever root for her?  How is she viable as a character?  She's just a nasty, irrational, illogical, petty bitch.

He barely exists now as far as this show is concerned I mean it wouldn't make a difference tbh. 

If they wanted to give Gwen motivation to go after Abby they could've made up a backstory of how when Abby set Bayview on fire years ago that Gwen took the fall for it or she was an enemy of hers from her boarding school days in London. This isn't hard to write.

• Love 8
50 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

If they wanted to give Gwen motivation to go after Abby they could've made up a backstory of how when Abby set Bayview on fire years ago that Gwen took the fall for it or she was an enemy of hers from her boarding school days in London. This isn't hard to write.

Well, I guess it IS hard for the DOOL writers! Seriously, folks on this forum could do a better job than the hacks of the show.

• Love 7

Well, I reset the DVR and watched both eps today.

Leo, it really isn't mature to plot revenge for your own undoing. You lied to your fiance about already being married. He deserved to know the truth before marrying you. You don't care about Craig or anyone else - just you, yourself, and you. Plotting revenge against those who contributed to your non-wedding? Why? Why go to all the trouble?

Plus tell your good friend Gwennie, who is also plotting revenge against her little sister. Gwennie, *you* wrecked your wedding to Xander by not being honest with him, plotting to keep Sarah on the island, and plotting to keep her on the mind-addling drug so you can get your happy ending. You didn't deserve the happy ending. Let Xander make up his own mind about who he wants. Going to all that time and effort could also mean that he wouldn't want Sarah any more. Take some responsibility for your actions.

Were there no cookies left so they could be tested for whatever drug they contained? Did Leo clean up the 'evidence'. Sonny has to take a probably unnecessary blood test that will show..... nothing?

Chad catches Belle and EJ? So what. It really wasn't anything. Belle is going far too fast with serving the separation papers. Playing right in to Jan's hands.

Sarah and Xander were a bit moving. How does an unemployed guy like him afford roses every day? Surprised that no one at the cemetery caught on and took a bouquet home each day for someone. Xander still has a few things to mention to Sarah about his behavior over the past several months. It might not be good for him.

Today, we get Ciara in her tight fake leather skirt and jacket wheel 2-3 week old Baby Bo to the police department. She sure lost her baby weight fast and was able to wear her usual wardrobe after just a few days after giving birth? Lucky her. Asking Rafe to be the godfather? Why?

Ben goes to visit the Brady house and runs in to Jan? She is hoping to change and be a better person? LOLOL. In addition to Jan's mental health issues, she also has a vindictive and manipulative side. Everything is starting to fall into place for her. I did like Ben telling her no about babysitting the baby. And no, Dr. Evans is not the best choice of therapist for her. Doc and John should not have had to pay a visit to wriggle out of any sort of therapy. Recommend a different therapist and one that is not likely to be on Jan's revenge seeking end.

The whole Brady family now knows about Eric's de-priesting. Yeah, Rafe, I would be worried that Eric may still have feelings for Nicole and even if he does deny them, he just cannot love her from a distance. Your marriage is doomed, er, your record for not marrying will continue.

Nicole gets from EJ that he kissed Belle (Chad saw him do it) and raises the red flag. Sami isn't going to like it, but it will keep Sami away from her for a bit as she will have some wrath for someone else.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, RedElf said:

Even if they found drugs in Sonny's system, how would that prove that Leo gave them to him?

Leo basically admitted he drugged him right before Sonny passed out, but I guess Sonny doesn't remember that....yet. He probably needs an appointment with Dr. Marlena for that. 

• Love 4
16 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

Anyone else find the idea of an Eric/Nicole/Rafe triangle completely boring? Nicole lights up around EJ but that’s it.

They insist on pairing her with the most bland draining guys instead of the edgy guys she works so much better with. If Sami isn't going to be around full time I don't get the point of EJ being around full time unless the show either has him move onto someone else or just have him live offscreen with her. Sure they could write for characters beyond their pairings but this is Days you only matter if you're in a pairing on this show for the most part.

• Love 7

Today's episode was so entertaining.

Tripp and Chanel as best friends is so precious. I'm amazed we got more scenes lol. I hope we actually see them together semi-regularly.

The Sonny actor and the Johnny actor continue to impress me.

The Sonny actor is really playing some 'I kinda wanna fuck you' vibes with Leo, which is an odd choice but one I greatly enjoy.

• Like 1
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

The Sonny actor is really playing some 'I kinda wanna fuck you' vibes with Leo, which is an odd choice but one I greatly enjoy.

I am happy I am not the only one notices that.  

Abigail should find a different story.  It doesn’t seem like anyone including Sami and her family cares who kidnapped her. 

• Love 5

Abigail, there are other stories out there besides who kidnapped Sami. No one, not even her family, cares. They have the money to track the kidnapper down.

Poor Johnny wanting to move rooms so that he doesn't have to listen to Chad and Abs go at it.

I liked Tripp talking with Chanel and wanting to be friends. He came across as mature. Guess he is done with Allie for now. Good for him for choosing himself and not being a safe leftover for Allie. He seems to be a good guy right now and there are a lot of women who would want a handsome young thoughtful, caring doctor.

Allie, just take a break from everyone for a while. Let things flow where they are supposed to flow. You don't need a new boyfriend or girlfriend this minute. Make some amends to Chanel for your devilish actions and start fresh, if you can.

Sonny, do you want Leo or not? I don't get Leo's plans for revenge. The only person who ruined his life was him - by already being married. Too bad the drugs exited the system quickly and that the cookies vanished.

• Love 7
(edited)

Sonny really needs to shave that thing above his lip that he calls a “mustache”. It looks horrible. That being said I’m enjoying Zach Tinker this time around. Good Will/Allie scenes too.

Edited by SouthernChick
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don't know how one couldn't; it's pretty thick lol.

I'm mostly liking NuSonny, but even so, on days like today when he's all twitchy he reminds me a LOT of Tweek from South Park.  

I guess then, that would mean Leo is currently Cartman?

• LOL 8
1 hour ago, SouthernChick said:

Sonny really needs to shave that thing above his lip that he calls a “mustache”. It looks horrible. That being said I’m enjoying Zach Tinker this time around. Good Will/Allie scenes too.

Mustaches were really in with the gay community around 2017-2018, so it makes sense that we're seeing that now on the show.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

I can understand Belle's 'of all the patients in the world and you had to pick Jan' frustrations against her mom, but to accuse her father of favoring Sami was just laughable.  Also, John had a very good point. EJ's pissing contest with Lucas pretty much demonstrated it. 

If only Sarah would stop overlooking what a piece of shit Zander is, she wouldn't keep ending up in these awkward situations. 

I swear that blouse Marlena was wearing today came from Hope's closet.

Chanel's dress was cute.

• Love 7