Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

Now if that would have been Kayla, she'd have probably also notified Abigail and Steve and a few other family member of her own. 😁

Kayla would've told people that were there waiting for another patient. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 1

I guess they've given up the storyline that there are only limited ferries to Smith Island.  Weren't several people stuck there because there was no ferry?  But somehow, Ben managed to set off for the wrong cabin and still get there in record time.  And what modern ferry company has fancy tickets that someone would actually save?  But at least they went somewhere other than Kidnap Kabin or the Hideout Motel.

Why is Lani walking around with a picture of a dead drug dealer on her phone?  

While I'm glad that some of these stories are at least moving, I think I'm nit-picking because the stories are not really compelling enough to make me not notice stupid details.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Why is Lani walking around with a picture of a dead drug dealer on her phone?  

I think she was showing Eli the article from The Intruder (or whatever it is) about his shooting, which included a pic of that guy.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Paulina just happens to have a baseball bat by her door. 
   TR “ they are trying to save our souls “

next scene Allie as the devil 😂 

is there a reason the devil possesses Marlene’s family ?

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, tribeca said:

I questioned that too. Right by her umbrella. Guess she attends a lot of rainy ball practices. 

Maybe Doug should have put Julie back in the freezer. Not only in the last few days/weeks has she interrupted the opportunity Lani had to hear the truth from Beth, but she's the one who prompted Abe to go to Paulina's apartment during "baseball season" when TR was batting.

• Love 7

My Twitter feed from noon to 1 was nothing but fan girls gushing about the amazing thespian skills of Cierra and Lani and how amazing their characters are. Since I doubt anything they do today could possibly change my mind that either are more than mediocre and annoying (guess who is which) I have gone for a walk instead of viewing live

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

TR “ they are trying to save our souls “

next scene Allie as the devil 😂 

is there a reason the devil possesses Marlene’s family ?

Because it's so easy to do?

• LOL 11

Loved AllieDevil's snark today. "Are you responsible for robo-calls... yes, I am."

Ciara's narcissism knows no bounds. "I might never get to hold my son!" - said to Ben's face. It probably wasn't meant that way, but I took Rafe's comment about how everyone was working because they heard "Bo and Hope Brady's grandson was missing" as a dig at Ciara and how she's not that important, but her family legacy is.

• LOL 8
  • Love 4

The devil sees a pile of ash and immediately recognizes it as Andre?

Why are TR and Abe in such tight closeups?

"If the devil's there we're going to need backup."  Because more cops will solve the problem.

Of all places in the world, why did the devil take the baby to the DiMera mortuary?

Why does Paulina have a baseball bat in the corner of her room?

• LOL 10
  • Love 1

The scenes with Sierra and Ben crying about the devil taking their baby that went on forever, I was so embarrassed for myself and hoping my husband didn’t come in the room while I was watching this because I know he wouldn’t be able to stop the snarky comments and I couldn’t blame him. It’s absolutely ridiculous.  I can’t believe that we are going through a devil storyline again, somebody needs to go back and watch old Timey days of our lives. what happened to family conflicts, marrying your brother, coming back from the dead with a completely new face etc.? 

• LOL 7
  • Love 5

The AlDevil/Evan scenes were fun as hell. I might even ship it lol. I'll be so disappointed when the real Allie returns. Maybe LA can inject some fun into her now, at least.

The baseball bat just being there by the door was so hilarious.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

The AlDevil/Evan scenes were fun as hell. I might even ship it lol. I'll be so disappointed when the real Allie returns. Maybe LA can inject some fun into her now, at least.

Yes! Me too! I really want Evan and a newly devil transformed bad ass Allie hooked up. When she asked him if he liked the new body, I really wanted him to hit on her and say, "Yep, you're pretty hot minus the glowing green eyes."

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
Just now, Peanut6711 said:

When she asked him if he liked the new body, I really wanted him to hit on her and say, "Yep, you're pretty hot minus the glowing green eyes."

I thought the same thing lol. I really need Ron to have this ordeal transform Allie a bit and then, yes, keep Evan around and hook them up. Or try Evan with Sonny. Whatever, KEEP EVAN is what I'm saying lol.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

Kayla would've told people that were there waiting for another patient

I read this criticism on twitter and my response always is do you think this show actually writes for character?   I don't think these writers even realize they have Kayla break Hippa rules.  They are so stupid or just don't care that they'll continue to write this way until somebody there gets a clue or just reads twitter

• Love 3
5 hours ago, tribeca said:

2 hours ago, RedElf said:

Why does Paulina have a baseball bat in the corner of her room?

5 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

I questioned that too. Right by her umbrella. Guess she attends a lot of rainy ball practices. 

Some people (like me) keep a baseball bat in case we need to take a swing at an intruder. The one I have is specifically marketed for "home defense", that sucker can crack a brick. So, to me, it made sense that a woman who lives alone would keep a bat handy. 

The devil sees a pile of ash and immediately recognizes it as Andre?

That's what that was! I thought it was a pee or blood puddle. 

I would enjoy the Devil-kidnapping-a-newborn-baby-in-order-to-possess-it storyline more if the parents weren't so insufferable. There was Ciara crying her eyes out, yet I felt zero sympathy for her. If I suspected Ron had the balls to actually have the Devil disappear with the Weston brat for years, then maybe I'd enjoy this story. But as it is, I just know Ciara's going to cry gallons of tears and Ben will get to play hero and best the Devil and save the baby. CIN swallowing the show for the foreseeable future is going to make me tune out just as I started watching again.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10

I know this whole Devil storyline is un-realistic, but what is Allie planning on doing with this baby?  And a new-born baby should have been fed by now, couldnt they show Allie feeding the baby a bottle? And she's just going to keep a tiny baby in a cold crypt? Does she have a supply of diapers down there?  This whole story is So Ridiculous, smh.....

• Love 10

If there were ever a day when the show needed more than one take, today was that day.  

Ben and Ciara are both pretty awful actors, though as has been said here, at least RSW gives it his all while VK mostly seems too self-important to project anything other than entitlement and contempt.  But today, RSW didn't seem to know his lines and certainly didn't put much energy into them when he did remember what to say and VK was utterly obnoxious.  I know she's playing a character, but unless her character is also supposed to be immensely stupid AND ego inflated, her interpretation of Ciara continues to stink up the screen.

The Dimera crypt seems like a much more peaceful place for the baby than being with those two lunkheads.

Sal Stowers, she tried, and her scenes called for some serious acting but I don't think it worked.  TR and Abe were both really good in their shared scenes and even Paulina had her moment but Sal's Lani seemed like she really should have just pulled up a chair in Ciara's room and given it all a rest.

It was such a shit show that even Julie showing up didn't make it any worse.

The Devil was fun, though, and Evan was a good scene partner.

• Love 16

The baby is taken and Ciara/Ben had a lot of time to chat. Seemed like it was VK's Emmy reel.

Lani shot an unarmed man with his hands up. Good job officer.

• Love 4

I would make use of having a baseball bat at my door for some security. Yeah, I have an alarm system but you never know who is outside these days. Apartments are also good for random people entering the building and trying to open apartment doors.

Ciara, you look awfully clean and skinny for just popping out Bo II. You certainly didn't put on any baby weight except for pillow sizes. No mess, no nothing. You were lucky. Maybe Ben can tell the cops that he was kept prisoner in the crypt, along with Johnny. That might be a place to start. But you were obnoxious. Stay in the hospital, get some rest, and let your husband join the search. I found it hard to believe that the Salem cops were out looking for Bo Brady's grandson. Maybe the older ones who knew him, but the newer recruits? Eh, no.

Lani, you shot a man who had his hands up. You will be dealing with Internal Affairs to see if you used appropriate force. I did feel for Paulina when TR raised his hand to hit her face. And knocking out poor Abe.

AllieDevil, do you actually have a real plan? How do you know that the baby has a shiny new soul? Wonder if you cleaned him up and stopped somewhere for some diapers and formula. There are other world religions. You would think with being very old and around for many milllenia, that there was plenty of time to plot something good, even with the limited material of Salemites. And possessing an entire family? Why? You even made Evan impatient with your withholding of your master plan - the robocalls were a nice touch.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

Lani shot an unarmed man with his hands up. Good job officer.

Wasn't his hand raised because he was about to hit Paulina? Still, Lani had plenty of time to see that TR was not threatening Paulina with a gun or knife, therefore her life was not in immediate danger. I think Lani was itching to shoot TR after learning he shot Eli and wasn't in the right frame of mind to deescalate the situation in Paulina's apartment. Salem PD really sucks.

Shouldn't Abe be dead with all that blood loss?

• Love 8
4 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

Some people (like me) keep a baseball bat in case we need to take a swing at an intruder. The one I have is specifically marketed for "home defense", that sucker can crack a brick. So, to me, it made sense that a woman who lives alone would keep a bat handy. 

I considered maybe she had it there for protection too till she established that the building had a doorman/security, and she was surprised he let in a man touting religious pamphlets, per TR's fake cover story.

dbb6b228f9276991ee432220c60ff29f132617b4

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
44 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

I considered maybe she had it there for protection too till she established that the building had a doorman/security, and she was surprised he let in a man touting religious pamphlets, per TR's fake cover story.

dbb6b228f9276991ee432220c60ff29f132617b4

Someone can follow a resident to the underground parade or enter with another guest.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

No one in Salem faces consequences and I doubt Lani will be the exception. Personally, I don't give a fuck that she killed TR. I still don't like or care about her but that's because she's boring and SS is a bland actress lol. 

I feel like she would have been way better off it she'd just said she did it. I get Paulina's inclination to take the blame, but Lani knew TR shot Eli, she could assume he injured Abe, she walked in on him looking to be ready to injure Paulina, and she had the knowledge of him being an abusive drug addict. I doubt the department would have made a big deal out of it. But now she's lying and that might get her in trouble. But again, no one faces consequences so she'll come out OK. Unless they want/need to get rid of Lani for a bit lol.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
31 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Also, did anyone else get the vibe that at least that one cop is like a plant or something? I mean, the obviously fake mustache was taking me out lol.

FSaVKfIX0AAx8ZH?format=jpg&name=small

I've seen the beginning of this movie. You have to pay for that channel. 😉

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Also, did anyone else get the vibe that at least that one cop is like a plant or something? I mean, the obviously fake mustache was taking me out lol.

People were saying they thought it was Matthew Ashford, but I don't think so.

• Love 3

So Paulina shot him with a cops gun? This is dumb. 

Why the hell should Chad care about protecting Lucas? Let him go down for what he did. Why Chad sides with Kate and her loser son is ridiculous.  Chad should also pay for what he did. 

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, Artsda said:

So Paulina shot him with a cops gun? This is dumb. 

Why the hell should Chad care about protecting Lucas? Let him go down for what he did. Why Chad sides with Kate and her loser son is ridiculous.  Chad should also pay for what he did. 

I hope Lucas pays as long as EJ paid for framing John for embezzlement and rape - nothing. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yeah I couldn't figure out why they put such a terrible and obviously fake mustache on him.  So weird.

I'm surprised Lani is letting Pauline take the blame for her.  That's pretty shitty.

• Love 10

How odd that Abe was just laying on the floor moaning and barely conscious as Lani and Paulina traded 'what's going on' stories. I would have thought one or both of them would have been more attentive to him. And then when Paulina said she'd get the first aid kit, I was like, "He's been bashed in the head and is lying in a big pool of blood on the floor. I don't think a band aid is going to cut it."

4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yep, even my youngest was like, "well that's totally fake." 🤣  Till we got a better shot of him (like the one above) I considered maybe it was Ron.  I could see him inserting himself into scenes as a cameo like Hitchcock and King did. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

The cop with the fake moustache was distracting.

Lani, if anyone checks you out, there will be gun residue on you. You should not let your mom take the blame for your actions. You are a cop and you would mostly be looking at some disciplinary action - Abe was knocked out, TR was most likely trying to assault Paulina. Other than that, it is time to consider new career opportunities.

Kayla, you should also have asked for a nice raise to get your job back. The hospital can still look for a chief of staff through HR. Surely someone decent would want the job. I don't know if I would feel all that valuable if I was let go like that, and then ooopsie, our other person had some issues and left.

Steve got to the apartment faster than the cops of ambulance. Busy night?

Chad, why do you get involved with Kate? So Lucas and Sami are missing? Let Lucas be blamed for the kidnapping.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Lani, if anyone checks you out, there will be gun residue on you. You should not let your mom take the blame for your actions. You are a cop and you would mostly be looking at some disciplinary action - Abe was knocked out, TR was most likely trying to assault Paulina. Other than that, it is time to consider new career opportunities.

No doubt! It was time when she let/helped Kristin escape. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, RedElf said:

Because Lucas is Kate's son and Chad has a soft spot for Kate.

Lucas and Kate trump his brother? His blood family, trumps his wife who he's lying to? Trumps Belle who he framed. 

Chad looks bad in this.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Lucas and Kate trump his brother? His blood family, trumps his wife who he's lying to? Trumps Belle who he framed. 

Chad looks bad in this.

Chad and EJ may be brothers, but even though Chad once jumped in front of a bullet for EJ, they aren't close.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

It's hilarious that They had an actor with that ridiculous mustache come into a scene that seems to be the climax of a front burner storyline.  It's one of those things that makes me wonder if They're all laughing at us in the Writers Room for taking this Show seriously at all.  Even crazier would be that if it's someone in Production who likes to undermine the Show's credibility under Ron's Pen in general.  

What a waste of a good actor.  Mostly disappointed that TR so quickly became a Mustache-Twirling Villain, and now he's dead.  If They had given the story some time to breathe, I think it could have been an interesting exploration of a man caught between wanting to make a better life for himself and his Demons from the Past that continue to haunt him.  An intelligent writer could have even weaved in correlations to the moronic Demon Possession 2.0 storyline.  

• Love 6

Chad and EJ may be brothers, but even though Chad once jumped in front of a bullet for EJ, they aren't close.

I don't know why any of the Dimeras are close.  None of the ones left alive were raised together, or even knew each other, really.  Chad at least knew Stefano, while Jake and Stefan O! didn't at all.  Kristen is about as much a part of the family as some kook living in the walls.

Every time any of them say something ponderous about "Father" or "the Dimera legacy" I can't help but think that "Father" was a demented psychopath and "the Dimera legacy" has "Freddy Kreuger" written all over it.

At least the House of Usher was better decorated.

• LOL 10
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

Till we got a better shot of him (like the one above) I considered maybe it was Ron.  I could see him inserting himself into scenes as a cameo like Hitchcock and King did. 

I am shocked Ron has never done that. I feel 99% sure he (or a lackey he's hired) reads this board though so maybe he'll take your idea lol.

8 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

It's one of those things that makes me wonder if They're all laughing at us in the Writers Room for taking this Show seriously at all.

I don't take this show seriously in any way, shape, or form. And that's why it entertains the hell outta me more often than not.

8 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

What a waste of a good actor.  Mostly disappointed that TR so quickly became a Mustache-Twirling Villain, and now he's dead. 

They continually bring in fantastic actors to play characters they intend on dropping quickly and it's very irritating.

• Love 10
14 hours ago, boes said:

I don't know why any of the Dimeras are close.  None of the ones left alive were raised together, or even knew each other, really.  Chad at least knew Stefano, while Jake and Stefan O! didn't at all.  Kristen is about as much a part of the family as some kook living in the walls.

Every time any of them say something ponderous about "Father" or "the Dimera legacy" I can't help but think that "Father" was a demented psychopath and "the Dimera legacy" has "Freddy Kreuger" written all over it.

At least the House of Usher was better decorated.

Sooooo much THIS!  And I've posted here before about how false the DiMera sibling relationships feel since many of them never had years of sibling bonding time. We're supposed to believe that just because they share the surname DiMera there's some deep, abiding bond/closeness they have for each other?!  Sure - like that happens IRL too!

• Love 9
6 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Actually

ThoseWereTheDAYS on Twitter: "I mean, tell me you don’t see it… #Days https://t.co/4NYXzKscXx" / Twitter

I am super into the idea of them having the actors just slap on bad wigs/facial hair and play bit/background characters lol. I'm not convinced that's MA though.

Today was entertaining again. Keep it up, show!

• Love 3

I laughed out loud with child Sarah mad that they didn't get to go Universal Studios. 

Of course Gwen being in jail is all Abby's fault, she can't take any blame at all. Abby made her probably drug Sarah too. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9