Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Not to make it sinister, but that must be a nice change from being Paul's doormat. 

I think you're making a lot of assumptions based on a handful of scenes, you make it sound like Paul had Sonny tied up in the closet with him and that Sonny finally chewed through his ropes and got free lol.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

It's interesting that Adrienne knows about Sonny and Paul, considering how closeted Paul is.

I wonder if Brady and Theresa are end game once the baby story comes out.

I have a feeling Brady and Serena (Melissa Archer's new character) might get together for a bit, but when the truth comes out about the baby I kind of hope Theresa and he find their way back together. I love Melissa, but Theresa and Brady have IT.

• Love 3

Oh for sure, I love to speculate. That's part of the fun for me.

Last year I read a poster's opinion that Sonny is a control freak that constructed that whole Three's company situation with Gabi just so he could hang on to Will. I just found it so interesting that someone could interpret Sonny's martyr-like behavior as something negative.

If this whole Paul saga sheds some light on what drives Sonny, it will be worth it.

• Love 2

Paul is better-looking than Will, but he has that air of entitlement that bugs me when someone is sniffing around a married person.

If he were crying in a corner somewhere lamenting what he had lost and how he was stupid for not getting things right with Sonny, I'd probably feel bad for him (although if Sonny were to chance upon him crying in a room somewhere and the he starts seeking out therapy from Sonny like Abigail did with EJ, I'd probably categorize him as passive-aggressive). But, most definitely,  when one starts doing that conceited and arrogant "I know what we had is so much better than what you're getting now" schtick that Abigail was doing with EJ, I get easily annoyed. Paul even has the smug face going on like Abigail did. To be fair, I don't think he's resorted to blackmail or threats yet, so there's that. I suppose he can't since that would mean outing himself. 

Sonny probably told Adrienne about his relationship with Paul or she knew about them being together before Paul became a famous baseball player.

No offense to Sonny, but why did he tell Adrienne? Now the whole town is definitely going to find out...she has pretty loose lips, I think.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

I wonder if Adrienne will be the one to get Will to come back early. If Will got fired and didn't want anyone to know, surely he would hide out in LA longer? She doesn't know that Sonny kissed Paul and she doesn't know that Sonny hasn't told Will about Paul yet (although I don't know if Sonny would get the opportunity looking at the current situation).

Either way, there is plenty of time for Adrienne to put her foot in it, whether she has good intentions this time or not.

Adrienne wasn't exactly subtle with Abby at the hospital. Nosy Abby will probably get on the case if Theresa and Paul become a thing since she can't conceive of any man finding anyone else superior to her.

• Love 2
Did the Dimeras get a new couch for people to have sex on?

I think they redid the whole room.  It seems to be exactly where the old drawing room was, but it's smaller, darker and with ugly wallpaper.  But the furniture so far is pristine.  There's no longer a place for the portrait of everchanging power, and the french doors are gone.

• Love 2

I liked the Hope/Theresa scene today and Hope's trying to reach out to someone who is obviously having a hard time was a step in the right direction.  I especially liked Hope saying that the family is worried about her--I hope we see more Theresa/Brady family interactions now because she needs more of a support system.

I don't think we need to be worried about Shane because from what Eve said to Theresa in today's episode, his stomach problems weren't too serious. Eve's just using it as an obvious ploy to get Paige out of Salem.

Abby looked even stranger today with her hair in that bun but I guess it's better than watching her roll around with her plastic boyfriend.  Oh wait, we had to endure that too.  How awesome.

• Love 3

AGAIN??  And I'll never unsee Failure's ass.  While stretching.  Ugh.

Awfully nice to be able to sleep through your alarm, hang out (no pun intended) in bed, then feel like getting up/going home to shower and maybe, just maybe, roll into work.  I mean, really.  What was the point of them being in bed again.  Days really thinks we like this?  At least EJ was worth looking at. 

Paige is too stupid to know Eve only needs to go online and check her phone records?

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 1

Geez, is there a REASON we have to watch Abigail and what's his name have sex every.dang.day?  We get it.  Ugh.

I never realized how extremely thin KM is before today, though.  She's got the classic lollipop look of the too-thin actress. 

OMG why don't Grimace just post it on a billboard and call it a day. What is she expecting people in Salem to do, find Kate and beat her up? Grimace don't need to be putting all the blame on Kate. She's the one that came under a fake name and acting all stank when asked about her past so she needs to look in the mirror cause she's the reason Kate went snooping in her background anyway.

STFU Rafe. He's so sanctimonious.

Does BOllie think that anyone that gets together with anyone in his raggedy ass Deliverance family are just scum and needs to watch out for. That's ass backwards because people in Salem need to watch out for them.

This show was just filler. Not into Cop Voice or Aidan either.

• Love 1

I noticed KM's thinness too but I've noticed for a long time. 

I usually agree with you Shadow Sixx but if my guy's ex, with whom he cheated, brought my rapist stepdaddy up north?  Hell yeah I'd be just as angry and I loved that scene.  I also thought Rafe was unusually smart putting the pieces together.  Nice retcon, Kate, but you wanted him back.

I'm an Adrian fan because he brings out a much nicer, caring Hope.  I loved it that she cared about Theresa.  Gosh, Chase always looks like he just got done crying, poor kid.  Recalling his dead mother's arguments with his father was just sad.  I love it that he's hanging out with Theo and not that spoiled brat Ciara.  She'll get them both in big trouble someday. I thought the conversation about unspoiling their kids was really great.  I loved Bope when they were on adventures back in the '80's but her constant nagging and his mindless women substitutions for her made me glad he left.

I have to agree with Adrian not wanting everyone to know about eating stale cornflakes.  Our local food pantry is the saddest place on earth, having spent hours there.

• Love 1

Rafe's relationship with Tamiflu is over, Kate is seemingly over him, EJ is gone, and he doesn't have Sami to latch onto anymore. Why is he still here?

Can we report NBC to the FCC? The creature and the mannequin are doing obscene things to each other and we shouldn't have to be subjected to such filth.

Why are so many of the mothers in Salem so overbearing and over involved in their kids relationships?

Abifail and her mannequin are the laziest people in Salem. Sonny is going to look like a fool if the new TBD location goes bankrupt because he hired a loser to run it.

• Love 1

I noticed KM's thinness too but I've noticed for a long time. 

I usually agree with you Shadow Sixx but if my guy's ex, with whom he cheated, brought my rapist stepdaddy up north?  Hell yeah I'd be just as angry and I loved that scene.  I also thought Rafe was unusually smart putting the pieces together.  Nice retcon, Kate, but you wanted him back.

Kate doesn't know about the rape, so I'll cut Kate some slack on that, but IDK what Grimace is hoping to accomplish by flapping her gums to everyone in Salem. He was part of having EJ shot but was has Clyde done to interrupt BOllie and Grimace's life?

He was instrumental in having EJ shot and should be indicted.  I hate Clyde because he is manipulating everybody and making our Kate look bad.  I liked her with Rafe.  She cares about him. 

I have no idea what she sees in Clyde other than he stirs her up and I can't stand to listen to his voice.  He started out blackmailing her and lurks more than Eve.

I'm ok with Grimmace voicing her opinion finally after 18 months now, or 5 yrs, that she feels accepted in Salem.  What Clyde has done is practically won Bollie over.  I don't think Bollie knows about the rape.

• Love 2

I don't mind Abigail's thinness (which I assume is the result of her dancer background AND pressure to conform to a certain ideal when you're standing next to Kristian Alfonso - I'd work out like mad too if my livelihood and internet reactions depended on it), but the muscles on her arms sort of jump out at  me (not that it matters, and she'd most likely be considered better-looking than me so I'm in no position to judge) but when she and Ben are doing ti all over the place, I notice the muscles on both of them (his abs and her arms). When they're doing it, where else can I look? Well, I guess I can look at the floor, if I'm not supposed to judge actors who are taking off their clothes to fake sex on tv....

The show never should have had KM make those weird sex faces in the shower with EJ, because no matter how many times Abigail and Ben do it with each other, even when they're all getting bendy and junk,  she never really seems that into him. And I can't help but blame this on the wacko sex faces she did in the shower....

Edited by bantering
  • Love 4

I just don't look.  Except I had to see that ass. People get fired for being late.  She thinks she'll be 20 forever.

ETA:  She's already showing signs of being embarressed over Bollie's poverty.  Dammit that sets her up for Chad.  We'll never get that hobbit off our screen.

Edited by QuelleC

He was instrumental in having EJ shot and should be indicted.  I hate Clyde because he is manipulating everybody and making our Kate look bad.  I liked her with Rafe.  She cares about him. 

I have no idea what she sees in Clyde other than he stirs her up and I can't stand to listen to his voice.  He started out blackmailing her and lurks more than Eve.

I'm ok with Grimmace voicing her opinion finally after 18 months now, or 5 yrs, that she feels accepted in Salem.  What Clyde has done is practically won Bollie over.  I don't think Bollie knows about the rape.

True, I just don't care for anyone in that raggedy Deliverance family, not BOllie, Mr. Rapey, or Grimace. I hate that Kate is with Mr. Rapey when she should clearly be with someone else. I don't want to see a rapist in love scenes with anybody. Maybe if he was having sex with AbiFail, Naggie Maggie, or Judgy Jenn I wouldn't give a rat's ass but since it's Kate it's a different story.

I don't mind Abigail's thinness (which I assume is the result of her dancer background AND pressure to conform to a certain ideal when you're standing next to Kristian Alfonso - I'd work out like mad too if my livelihood and internet reactions depended on it), but the muscles on her arms sort of jump out at  me (not that it matters, and she'd most likely be considered better-looking than me so I'm in no position to judge) but when she and Ben are doing ti all over the place, I notice the muscles on both of them (his abs and her arms). When they're doing it, where else can I look? Well, I guess I can look at the floor, if I'm not supposed to judge actors who are taking off their clothes to fake sex on tv....

The show never should have had KM make those weird sex faces in the shower with EJ, because no matter how many times Abigail and Ben do it with each other, even when they're all getting bendy and junk,  she never really seems that into him. And I can't help but blame this on the wacko sex faces she did in the shower....

I think Hope needs to take some of them boxes her and Aidan are passing out and start inhaling every last bit of food in there. Girl is just too thin IMO, it's just a calorie Hope it's not going to kill you.

• Love 1

Abigail made fun of Sami for not knowing about art and literature, but does anyone really think Ben knows anything about that stuff either? Is Abigail going to teach Ben about this stuff, or did he already decline?

• Love 3

Well if AbiFail is the teacher he might decline. I'm sure Sami didn't learn a damn thing either, from what I seen on screen it looked like AbiFail wasn't teaching her much. She probably told Sami to just look at the paintings and statues and paint by numbers. 

• Love 2

I continue to be baffled by Ben. Abigail slept with Chad's BROTHER, and yet Chad is the one Ben is worried about??? I don't think even EJ got this much stink-eye from Ben. And then there's Abigail who jumped from one brother to the other (or, rather, jumped ON THAT BROTHER).. Chad doesn't seem to be the problem here....

Why is Chad getting all the dirty looks (which, in this case, includes really weird looking arched eyebrows. Does Ben order his eyebrows online and paste them on his face??).

Looks like Jordan may have caught on to Abigail's smugitude....Duh, Abigail, Jordan was already in a bad mood; do you think that moment was a good moment to act like Jordan may have done something "sinful" with Chad to get ahead (or whatever the heck it was she was trying to imply -- I'm not exactly sure     what she was trying to say, but it didn't sound good to my ears either, so Jordan and I are in agreement!) I don't think Jordan has slept with Chad yet, so technically I don''t think she's broken the board member rule (the one that Abigail broke?). 

I can't make head or tail of Jordan's storyllne because I've been skipping over Kate and Clyde's scenes, but Jordan has really nice hair. I couldn't help but notice when she walked away from Abigail. Abigail should probably start wishing that Sami comes back to town, because without Sami around to compare, people seem to be catching on that Abigail needs to get off the pedestal she's put herself on. 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3
I can't make head or tail of Jordan's storyllne because I've been skipping over Kate and Clyde's scenes, but Jordan has really nice hair. I couldn't help but notice when she walked away from Abigail. Abigail should probably start wishing that Sami comes back to town, because without Sami around to compare, people seem to be catching on that Abigail needs to get off the pedestal she's put herself on.

This!  I loved how Jordan shut Abby down when she started badmouthing Chad.  And I agree that the actress playing Jordan has gorgeous hair and she really is quite pretty.  It's a shame her acting ability is so lacking.

And I was also thinking about how Abigail isn't treated likethe show's heroine.  A heroine is usually the one bad stuff happens too--like having your baby stolen--yet Abby never has anything bad happen to her.  Even the fallout from the EJ affair didn't have any lasting repercussions.  Her family still adores her, she has her job back at the hospital and she has a weirdly tweezed boyfriend.  How exactly is she suffering and overcoming dangers?

• Love 3

Grimace hasn't broken the rule...yet and even if she did sleep with Chad, the hospital isn't going to do anything about it. They'll probably just give Chad the stink eye and if AbiFail gets with Chad she would have broken the rule twice with no repercussions. 

• Love 1

Abifail is a mess.  She sure seemed happy to see Chad earlier, and then starts bad-mouthing him to Jordan.  Wasn’t Abifail just telling Melanie that she thought that Chad had changed?  I wonder why she suddenly seemed to change her tune…

"How many times are we going to talk about this?" Good question, JJ, really, really, REALLY good question. This JJ/Paige/Eve thing is SO bad. Imo, the writers made a huge mistake going the star-crossed lovers route with JJ and Paige. It's obvious show wants to make them popular, but this was not the way to do it. Put them in a storyline that doesn't focus on their relationship, and build it up from there. How much of the audience is invested enough in their relationship to care whether or not they break up? Why does everyone in Salem care? I need something, anything to happen with this storyline to move it forward. JJ and Eve had sex like a month ago in real time; and literally nothing else has happened since. 

Can't deal with romantic scenes involving a child rapist. And honestly  most soap couples don't have as many sex scenes in two years as Abby and Ben have in the last two weeks, Lord.

On the positive side, no Daniel or Melanie!

• Love 1

I continue to be baffled by Ben.

I continue to be baffled by what the writers are trying to do with Abifail and her plastic mannequin. Those two are repulsive, especially Abifail. She has no charisma, no sense of humor, no likeability, no redeeming qualities. She's not someone I love to hate, I just flat out hate her. Having 95% of the people in Salem treat her like she's some gift sent from the heavens is sickening and makes me hate her even more. She judges everyone from up on her high horse while she runs around verbally and physically assaulting people, begs to become EJ's mistress, and skips out on work so she recreate a National Geographic documentary with her current penis supplier. It's like the writers don't have enough self awareness to realize what a monster they've created with Abifail. Then there's the plastic mannequin. He verbally and physically attacks his boss and not only does he get to keep his job, he gets a huge promotion, and instead of being grateful he complains because it's not within walking distance. I can't think of a single appealing thing about either one of these two freaks. And what they're doing with Clyde is appalling. In one episode we find out he's a child rapist and then two days later he's having love scenes with Kate. Are we supposed to find this romantic? This entire Deliverance family needs to be drowned in a pool of acid and they can take Abifail with them.

• Love 4

I'm mocking Abigail so much (and Ben, by extension), I feel I need therapy.

If anyone is worried or agitated that I spend an inordinate amount of time picking on Abigail, then rest assured -- you're not the only one!

• Love 2

They finally get a good actor who is also hot, and they make him a child rapist.  The only hope I have is that they've led us to believe that was what he did and it's a big fake out.  Since Jordan is leaving and he's staying, I have hope

Honest to God, do we have to see Bride of Chucky and her Ken Doll do it EVERY SINGLE DAY??   And I'm sorry, but watching Abigail do stretches with those Jar Jar legs of hers is NOT sexy.  Nor is partially undressed and fully waxed Lego Lad.  For some reason the sight of those two sent me to Google the most bizarre mating rituals in the animal kingdom.  See if some of these don't remind you of these two....

Love Bugs don't really see the point in not mating. Ever.  (And Show seems intent on making this VERY clear about Ollie and the Hobbit).

It was first thought that all female spiders ate their mates, but after some study, scientists found that they only ate the ones they were sure they could beat in a fight. Often, though, to make sure their sacrifice isn't wasted, male spiders break off their genitals and leave them inside the female spider.  (Frankly, this one sounds like something Jenn would consider good manners...like mother, like pupae...)

The leopard slug puts out slime to entice a mate.  (Now we know how Grabbigail bagged EJ).

Due to those freakish bulgy eyes, mice shed a lot of tears; both to keep their eyes moist and whenever they look in the mirror. It turns out, though, that the tears of a male mouse contain pheremones. When the female's nose makes contact with them, the female gets into mating position.  (I rest my case).

Speaking of insects, Abigail really never does change.  She simpered and smirked and bugged out her walleyes at Chad when he was complimenting her and then turned around and badmouthed him to Jordan the first chance she got.  And yeah, we know he's playing Jordan, but that's immaterial to Jar Jar.  

She did the same thing to Melanie all those years ago after she dumped Chad and he and Mel got together.  She didn't want him but she sure as hell wasn't happy that anyone else had him either.  

Abigail not only looks like an escapee from the Disneyland "It's A Small World" ride, she has all the charm of Gladys Kravitz.  She is so much her mother's daughter.

Oh, and Rafe can take several seats ASAP.  I'd almost forgotten how much like Brady he can be when he gets the chance to insult a woman.  I can think of several new balls Kate can hang on HER Christmas tree.  Stefano had the right idea.

Edited by boes
  • Love 6

I don't think he was insulting Kate.  It just took him six months to figure it out.  And she can take it.  But hell, she did such a great job in that scene looking strong but vulnerable. 

Bug sex.  I've seen it enough on my asparagus and squashed them with my fingers.  Ugh I just saw Abs' ass in my head again.

Sure, Jenn rolled into work eventually but not until after the kids' classes and probably about the time Jar Jar decided to show up too.  Why Jenn can't figure out what a promiscuous daughter she has after the Holy Ring Club she belonged to is beyond me.  And yet she wants to send JJ to a shrink?  However, I'm glad he'll get the chance to admit his seduction by Eve and I hope he gets some peace.

• Love 3

Stankassgail is such a bitch insinuating Anne is a lonely cat lady and throwing that in her face. Look Jar Jar, just because Anne isn't obsessed with penis and unavailable men and is employable doesn't mean she's a loser. Also owning a pet and not bopping on married dick and not slapping half the town doesn't make ya a geek either. That shit is normal people qualities.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 7

I don't know anything about the actress who plays Abigail, so I sometimes feel sorry for her having to spend so much of her workday undressed.  That said, I really have seen nothing to make me like the character.  It is hard to believe she is Jennifer's daughter. She doesn't have to be a "goodie two shoes" but she is Alice Horton's great(?) grand-daughter, so should at least have some likeable character trait.

I like Rafe and liked the scene between him and Kate yesterday.   When I first started watching Days again, there were scenes with Rafe and his therapist, so now I know the background on that storyline.

One thing I can't understand with this show, sometimes a *Day's day* lasts for a week or more in real time.  But somehow, I missed an episode or 2 and managed to miss EJ getting shot and dying and still don't really understand what happened there.  And then it seemed only a few real days later, Sami left Salem!

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 2

I hardly ever post but I just started watching again this summer.  I didn't know who Melanie was but I read here about how many find her annoying.  In watching a few seconds here and there (I mostly FFwd), it's her mouth.  It's so awkward...like Katie Holmes or something.

• Love 1

Totally agree Melanie's mouth is very annoying. I just keep staring at it trying to figure it out. I've never seen a mouth like that in real life.

Sonny (the actor) is really good! he actually got some material to work with!

Are Sonny and Will the new supercouple? Not that we like Will but the writers don't really care about fans...

• Love 3

I'm already not liking Melanie, not only is she auditioning for a toothpaste ad, her mouth is weird and I can see all her damn teeth.

RoboMar and her double standards and FYI RoboMar it seems nobody in Salem is really glad to see you. The girl is lying RoboMar has aged.

How many people are gonna work at this raggedy hospital? Can't believe how many come to Salem to either be a patient (Paul) or work there (Mel's friend). Salem Hospital isn't all that great.

Do PTs usually wear dresses and heels to work? I don't think I ever seen a PT wear dress and heels to PT, wouldn't that be uncomfortable since she's gonna be on her feet and rather be in shoes and comfortable clothes. What an idiot that Grimace is.

Now Cher is talking in some voice and accent that I'll barely be able to understand. Oh happy day. RME.

Boy did Dingy sound like a grizzly bear when shouting out "NOOOOO", well Mel is in the perfect spot for him to yell that out some more in the park surrounded by trees.

• Love 1

I know Eric wouldn't forgive her.  And today Marlena said she hated her.  So what exactly did Nicole do to Eric, anyway?

She made him aware he had a penis.  UNforgivable.

• Love 7

She risked her life to get evidence that showed Kristen raped Eric; this evidence would prove to the Church that he was a victim and had not broken his vows.  They would let him return to the priesthood.  Then she hid the evidence and destroyed it because she wanted Eric to leave the priesthood and marry her.  Which was unquestionably wrong, BUT he was nicer to the rapist than to the person who risked her life to prove the rape.  And then screwed him.

• Love 2

Everything about Melanie screams 80s to me. I don't know what it is but she is seriously like every character from an 80s teen, high school book... John Hughes movies... 80s sitcom... my junior high school... all of the above. Is it the hair? Is it the way she walks? This is bizarre because I cannot pinpoint anything about her that is specifically that way but every time she's on I feel like I'm in some strange time warp.

It's disconcerting.

That being said, Melanie and Theresa bonding over their mutual love of some band... I liked it and here's why. They don't normally give soap characters interests like that. Soap characters only have a specific interest in music if that's what their character is all about OR if a special guest bad/performer is going to be on the show and then everyone in town is a huge huge fan of theirs. I mean, obviously, they're going to realize that they're bitter enemies after their bonding and they'll probably never mention that group again but I actually liked that. (Especially how Theresa was a local groupie in LA -- I have no shame in admitting how much I adore 'I'm With the Band' by Pamela DeBarres and her celebrated groupie history and Theresa's commentary reminded me of Pamela's love of The Byrds and how they were local so she could obsess in person -- as opposed to long distance with The Beatles.)

Can the Eve/JJ bomb drop already? I just want to move on from that shit.

• Love 4

Kristen came to town to seek revenge on John and Marlena because 14 or 34 years ago John dumped Kristen to marry Marlena. (they said 14 but EJ's birth was part of that plot line and he's no teen).  She got involved with Brady to punish them, but then really fell in love with Brady.  Then something happened to break them up and she was angry so she drugged and raped Eric to get back at them but then Brady forgot why he was angry and they got back together again and Marlena showed the video of Kristen and Eric at the wedding.  Oops.

• Love 1

I wish that curly haired woman chasing after Melanie was Jan Spears.

That woman is straight out of Uncanny Valley to me. The hair, the make up, the expressions... everything about her reads 'not quite human' to me and it creeps me the fuck out.

• Love 1

Kristen came to town to seek revenge on John and Marlena because 14 or 34 years ago John dumped Kristen to marry Marlena. (they said 14 but EJ's birth was part of that plot line and he's no teen).  She got involved with Brady to punish them, but then really fell in love with Brady.  Then something happened to break them up and she was angry so she drugged and raped Eric to get back at them but then Brady forgot why he was angry and they got back together again and Marlena showed the video of Kristen and Eric at the wedding.  Oops.

Don't forget the only reason RoboMar showed the video was because Victor told her to. Victor had the DVD first and got RoboMar to show it at the wedding. So RoboMar got the brunt of showing the video even though she didn't know what was on it but Victor did. Naggie Maggie left Victor for a while because of what he had RoboMar do.  If only Victor had wished Naggie a farewell permanently.

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 2

Thanks.  That explains Marlena.  But, Kristen, who Eric did forgive, was worse than Nicole. What was Kristens motive anyway.

Kristen doesn't have motives.  She's just nutz.

• Love 4