Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, bobcat1946 said:

I do and it all started when Abigail murdered Andre then she and mobster lover framed Gabi for prison,.

Well if Gabi isn't blinded by her thirst for revenge and to hell with everything else, I might have some sympathy for her. But she has been walking into a tightrope and eventually mess up because of her arrogance. She's only got herself to blame. 

Edited by usurper28
  • Love 3
36 minutes ago, usurper28 said:

Well if Gabi isn't blinded by her thirst for revenge and to hell with everything else, I might have some sympathy for her. But she has been walking into a tightrope and eventually mess up because of her arrogance. She's only got herself to blame. 

Arrogance?

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Arrogance?

To be precise, I meant Gabi's overconfidence in her ability to play with fire, was her downfall. Hopefully the experience of holding hostage by Stephen and Ben would teach her a valuable lesson on that.  

2 minutes ago, usurper28 said:

To be precise, I meant Gabi's overconfidence in her ability to play with fire, was her downfall. Hopefully the experience of holding hostage by Stephen and Ben would teach her a valuable lesson on that.  

Something having been beaten nearly to death didn't do?

• Love 8

In some ways she reminds me of Willow in Buffy “Seeing Red”, Amanda in Revenge,  or Reese Witherspoon’s character in Freeway where she’s so mad and isolated in her anger it’s a single minded obsession that blots out everything and everyone. I don’t know if it’s arrogance as much as she has cognitive dissonance. I would be lying if I didn’t suspect she has a mental illness or injury not unlike Abby. 

• Love 6

So, Ben is either going to hurt or terrorize Gabi and then romance Ciera and Days wants us to root for him (them)? Um, I don’t think so. I wasn’t even on board they dating as it was. I think the writers or Corday think Ben is the bad boy like Bo or Patch were in the beginning. I don’t think they were murderes though. Although, Patch did terrorize Kayla which might defeat my theory. LOL!!! Anyhoo, while Gabi might deserve a slap down I don’t think Ben is any position to terrorize anyone let alone a woman. That said, Gabi looked very pretty in her white dress. I didn’t realize KM is so much shorter then CB. Also, why is Chad dressed like Don Johnson from Miami Vice in the winter? 

• Love 8
32 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

So, Ben is either going to hurt or terrorize Gabi and then romance Ciera and Days wants us to root for him (them)? Um, I don’t think so. I wasn’t even on board they dating as it was. I think the writers or Corday think Ben is the bad boy like Bo or Patch were in the beginning. I don’t think they were murderes though. Although, Patch did terrorize Kayla which might defeat my theory. LOL!!! Anyhoo, while Gabi might deserve a slap down I don’t think Ben is any position to terrorize anyone let alone a woman. That said, Gabi looked very pretty in her white dress. I didn’t realize KM is so much shorter then CB. Also, why is Chad dressed like Don Johnson from Miami Vice in the winter? 

When Steve was a hired thug, he was hired by Emma Donovan to scare a woman out of Cleveland who turned out to be Kayla. I don't think that he knew it was even Kayla. Emma had kidnapped Andrew from Kim and did not want Kayla to see her nephew who was up for adoption in the hospital that Kayla worked at the time. Once Steve found out that he inadvertently helped Andrew's kidnapper, he felt so guilty.  Children are Steve's weak spot and he did try to get Andrew back, to no avail. Steve did kidnap Hope with the intention of disfiguring her to avenge Bo for poking out his eye. That being said, Steve was never in the same league as Ben. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Gabi was blinded with rage. She showed it by repeatedly acting not bothered when bad things happened or Kate warned her. 

Its a really bad look having Ben kidnap her. 

It is far fetched Abby would punch her and Gaby would just stand there and take it. Same as when Failure slapped Sami. If written to character either girl would have mopped the floor with her. 

Horton princess must be protected at all cost.

• Love 6

I'm watching this show for the first time in at least 6 months, but probably much longer than that.  I didn't even know Abby was pregnant to have a new daughter.  I thought Jack was back - is he gone again?

I still hate Gabi.  She's still dressed inappropriately.  Ugh.

But here's what bothers me the most about this week's episodes - they didn't hang Bo's ornament.  They kill the guy off and already forget about him?  He's forever a Horton.  Double ugh.  That's just wrong.

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 12:48 AM, WendyCR72 said:

Except...I don't buy Eric was some great love of Nicole's, and all the warping of other characters (hi, Brady!) to make it so just doesn't wash with me. Most other times Nicole had the opportunity to be with Eric, she chose money and/or other men over him. Just seems like a lot of revisionist history from my POV. 

And Eric acting like he is so superior to Brady makes me laugh. He's done enough shit, too. No one in this Eric/Nicole/Brady cluster-you-know-what has any high ground to speak of.

Well, I know I am way behind in watching and just now reading this post, but I agree with you totally. I loved how Brady spoke  up about the fact that Holly doesn't have a dad because of Eric.  I am so behind in watching that I just watched this episode. Is this the first time it was brought up since Nicole died, that Eric is the reason Daniel is dead ? And isn't a custody battle a moot point, since no judge is going to award custody to the man who was responsible for the death of the child's father via drunk driving ? (at least I hope no judge would).

Maggie is right, Eric doesn't need to be raising a kid. His reaction to Brady's truth(s) is proof of that. Eric can go around town *passing* judgement, but can't *take* it. Until he can admit his part in all this mess, he shouldn't even be raising a turnip, much less a toddler. Every thing Brady said was true. I'm not blind about Brady, but out of Brady and Eric, Brady is the only one opening his mouth and owning up to his mistakes. Eric is still walking around town blaming anyone but himself.

• Love 1

Abby: Yep, MM IMO would have provided a more mature and sympathetic portrayal.  These were big days for Abby and it’s not landing as well as it could. 

Chad: His respose to the reveal and to Gabi was far to understated IMO.  I likedmuch of the dialog but he needed to sell the remorse more IMO.  And when is he going to realize Kare’s role?

Gabi: I honestly think she’s a psychopath.  She sets her own rules for right and wrong, independent of society, and IS willing to kill.  She barely pulled back from killing Julie.  But she’s pretty stupid in thinking it was all going to work out.  And being wronged does not give her the right to enact the complex life destroying revenge she pulled on Chad and Abby.  I think Ari is better off without her.  

Julie: She had a funny ‘bullshit’ moment today.  

Stefan: He was sympathetic regarding his love for Charlotte.  Now he’s going to cross a line. 

Ben: Psychopath.  Hot.  But batshit.  

Jen: You should be more mad at Eric IMO. 

JJ:  Sweet.  I want Theresa to come back and love him up. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Abby was probably really disappointed she found the truth and exposed Gabi now before Gabi moved in with Chad. The only thing she loves more than casual violence and being smug is wrecking a home. 

Once again Show spends half the episode depicting Ben as changed and a sensitive sweet guy. Then the other half having him nostalgic of his murderous past and enthusiastically doing criminal acts.

It really is Kate Mansi that makes Abigail so utterly unrootable, for me.  For years we watched as her Abigail went after whatever she wanted with excuses made all round when she messed up people's lives; we saw her entitlement as she had a job at the hospital - one she rarely even bothered to go to - simply because she was her mother's daughter; we saw Jennifer excuse her at every turn while at the same time, holding JJ to a much higher standard; we watched Kayla disregard her Brady nieces in favor of Abigail; we watched her slap her way through Horton Square and always, ALWAYS, with that same smug sense of entitlement, coupled with a childish rage whenever she didn't get what she wanted or somebody dared to oppose her.  

Then Marci Miller took over the role and IMO brought a softer, more reflective, less selfish side to the character, a quality that made her less repugnant even though everyone in town continued to treat her as if she farted unicorns.  Now Mansi is back, with an even more entitled edge, mistaking anger for self-ownership, now running roughshod over the same people who have propped her up no matter what crap she pulled.  I saw nothing today from her other than spite and smugness when she took Charlotte to see Chad and no matter the sins Gabi committed against her, I wish she'd slugged her back, hard.  Abigail is long overdue for a dose of the same medicine she's handed out, for years.

And Chad can shut it too, and I really love Chad.  How soon he forgets the crap he's pulled on Sonny, and not for the first time.  When he said something about how completely perfect his wife is and was, I thought he richly deserves to be with her.  And that's not a compliment.

When Jenn makes more sense than Julie, it's a good day for Jennifer.  

And then there's Ben.....

3 hours ago, ByaNose said:

So, Ben is either going to hurt or terrorize Gabi and then romance Ciera and Days wants us to root for him (them)? Um, ......  Anyhoo, while Gabi might deserve a slap down I don’t think Ben is any position to terrorize anyone let alone a woman. 

The bullshit was flowing as he and StefanO! drowned their sorrows, wasn't it?  Poor Ollie had a tough childhood and StefanO! apparently did too.  Awwwwww.......His contrition is pretty short-lived and he sure as hell isn't sane if he can manhandle and kidnap the sister of the woman he killed.  What a guy, what a guy.

Jennifer was the best part of today's show and I have NEVER said that before.

Edited by boes
  • Love 15
3 hours ago, Silver Raven said:
3 hours ago, usurper28 said:

Right? It is like Gabi never spent months in jail away from her daughter and abused while incarcerated to the point that was rendered sterile for something she was 100% not guilty of and that she never got to see any legal justice against those who tried to ruin her life. Just more whitewashing of Abby's sins against, as Julie calls her, "Chica Gabi."

Gabi's plan wouldn't have been so successful is Abby hadn't been so petulant that no one would believe her and refusing to see a shrink. A tune-up from Granny, indeed. Otherwise I have seen that hard work Abby has said she has put in ONSCREEN on getting better.

Did Days ever state why Abby cheated and lied to Ben instead of breaking up with him? I can't recall a reason was ever given but maybe I missed it. I recall Ben tried to end things a few times but Abby wouldn't let him then decided to lie & cheat on him anyway. We have Thomas as a reminder of her infidelity, though it isn't like the show brings that up nor that both of Abby's pregnancies have been Who Is The Daddy stories.

I don't feel badly for Stefan cause he was just fooling himself and I think on some level he has always known that but chose to deflect by grabbing on to desperate hope instead in that Gabby is 'real' & wants him too. 

• Love 9
On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 2:09 PM, DaphneCat said:

Also, couldn't it be interpreted that when Nicole told Eric to "take care of Holly" she meant right then, at that moment?  Wasn't Holly with some random stranger at that point?  Also, take care of her is NOT the same thing as completely raise her.  

This, too. Even if Eric had a tape recorder in his pocket at the time, Nicole did NOT say "I want you to raise my child". I took her comments as "be in her life and tell her stories about me". 

And it's hilariously funny that Sarah has only been back in town five minutes, and wasn't in the room when the fight started, but knew instinctively that Brady didn't start it. Sarah, BTW-if I'd had spoken to my mama the way she did, I would have had the taste slapped out of my mouth.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I could understand Hope not hanging Bo’s ornament (with Rafe there) but I’m surprised Ciera didn’t. Alice Horton loved Bo. 

Exactly, all of the Hortons came to love Bo.  But it's not like they got divorced.  He died.  And Bo gave Rafe his blessing as his friend, so Rafe shouldn't be offended in any way if the Hortons want to remember Bo's memory.  He's still Shawn-D and Ciara's father, Claire's grandfather...

• Love 6
7 hours ago, bobcat1946 said:

I do think Abby has suffered. Maybe not legally, but she has lost her husband and her marriage, her newborn child, and the trust of her friends and family. Sure, she’ll get it back,  but more than likely so will Gabi. 

It was a Rowan post I quoted but... most of what Abby suffered IMO she did to herself vs what Gabi actually did to her.

Abby would not have lost most of that had she gone to see a shrink who wasn't Marlena as her family asked. It would have been easy, painless, and it would have made her family/friends realize much earlier that her alters weren't back & she was being framed similar to what Stefan & Abby did to Gabi (with a side of Chad screwing over Gabi once he knew the truth about Andre).

Instead, Abby got her huge ego dented that she wasn't just taken at her word despite her two alters running around Salem pretending to be her and fooling her friends & family not that long ago. Abby decided to divorce Chad and marry Stefan instead of seeing a shrink. Gabi barely had to do any work and Abby made many poor decisions on her own already knowing Gabi set her up. Plus it isn't like Abby has had extensive psychological rehab for her DID, just 2 weeks with her gran and suddenly her serious mental illness is gone & she is totally integrated. 🙄 Not to mention, Abby wasn't mentally ill when she stalked Austin, chased after EJ, went around assaulting various women in Salem, and cheated on Ben. Days can miss me with this poorly spun tale of Abby the innocent victim who has never ever EVER willingly hurt someone else. It has been shown onscreen that she has... she is just never really made to pay for it and wins in the end cause everyone in town will race to her side to make sure that she is ok. Doesn't matter the people Abby has hurt as long as she is ok. And wow, is that tedious to sit through again and again.

Also, Chad can kick rocks blaming Gabi for his being a jackass over Charlotte. He made that choice to walk away from his awful wife after what his brother did to her. What is weird though is with Abby's first unknown father pregnancy, they both thought it was Ben as the father & Chad was fine raising Thomas as his own child before that ridiculous timeline somehow made Chad the bio father of Thomas. Suddenly with second unknown father pregnancy that occured from an even more lurid situation that was actually less tacky & more diabolical than the first pregnancy, suddenly Chad can't deal with not being the biological father & walks away. Just dumb, esp considering Chad's own history with who he thought was his father for most of his life before learning about Stefano. 

Edited by Chick2Chic
fixed something.
  • Love 11
55 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I could understand Hope not hanging Bo’s ornament (with Rafe there) but I’m surprised Ciera didn’t. Alice Horton loved Bo. 

They didn't show it being hung, but it was on the tree along with Zack's ornament underneath's Rafe's hand.

JPI_Episode13495_0001789329.jpg

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 8

Abigail, a comb or hairbrush is your friend. The hair - no. Just added to your smug, entitled self. And Chad is going to magically take you back as-is? Then the two of you deserve each other. You chose to walk away from Abs and the baby. Surely you could have asked for an independent paternity test at an independent lab.  But he didn't - knowing full well that Salem Hospital is a hotbed of paternity test switching. Even find Sami to ask her. And there is still no proof/evidence that Gabi changed the results. Yes, she may have simply done some investigating to help Chad. We know that she didn't. And Gabi was right - Abigail got a 'reset' or 'tune-up' from Grandma and was all back together again in about 2 weeks.

Didn't know if the lighting was bad, but part of today's show had Jenn with a sun tan and tan lines on her chest. Seems like she went on a two week tropical vacation after the Christmas show yesterday and came back - brown. Doubt her hair is any different - probably just pinned under.

Who cares if Eric will be at the Horton gala? Not like every man Jenn has dated and dumped just moves out of town or conveniently dies for a while.

Who appointed Julie judge and jury regarding Gabi and her apparent comeuppance? Half of Salem has committed worse crimes than Gabi - Julie just seems too invested in Gabi getting what is coming to her.

Stefan - reality sucks. I would hope that the changed Ben will do Stefan's bidding but find a way to rescue Gabi from his clutches.

Ciara, it'll take a while for you and Tripp to become friends - it just seems like you like a back-up dude.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

They didn't show it being hung, but it was on the tree along with Zack's ornament underneath's Rafe's hand.

Okay. I guess it could been edited out, too. They have a lot of ornaments to hang after 50 years.

• Love 3

Thank you for saving me a rage blackout since I missed Bo's ornament. But the picture is enough to make me relapse.  >:-( Why does Rafe ruin everything? Can Ben mistake him for...I don't know, ANYONE, and do the world a public service? If so, maybe I could root for the killer to find love then.

• Love 4

Thanks for finding the picture. I still wish they had shown Hope or Ciara hanging it. 

6 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Thank you for saving me a rage blackout since I missed Bo's ornament. But the picture is enough to make me relapse.  >:-( Why does Rafe ruin everything? Can Ben mistake him for...I don't know, ANYONE, and do the world a public service? If so, maybe I could root for the killer to find love then.

I don't mind Rafe for the most part, but if Peter Reckell ever wants to come back, I'm all for it.  

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Thanks for finding the picture. I still wish they had shown Hope or Ciara hanging it. 

I don't mind Rafe for the most part, but if Peter Reckell ever wants to come back, I'm all for it.  

Well, I loved Bo/Hope, but I pretty much accept that Peter Reckell wanted out and Bo is no more. That's not why I hate Rafe. I hate him because he is a sanctimonious void of boredom and anti-charisma.  :-)

I know Hope deserves to have love after Bo. But did it have to be this guy? Hope the show explores more with Hope and Ted.

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

13 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Well, I loved Bo/Hope, but I pretty much accept that Peter Reckell wanted out and Bo is no more. That's not why I hate Rafe. I hate him because he is a sanctimonious void of boredom and anti-charisma.  :-)

I know Hope deserves to have love after Bo. But did it have to be this guy? Hope the show explores more with Hope and Ted.

He is the worst, isn't he?  JMO, but he reinforces Hope's worst traits as well as having zero chemistry with her.

• Love 6

It’s too bad they turned Aiden into a murderer. Daniel Cosgrove was so good and had great chemistry with Kristian Alfonso. I’m not sure which writer did that. Was it Ron Carlavati? Anyway, GG is popular with the brass and has been playing Rafe since 2008 so I doubt he’s going anywhere. He was on Passions for over 8 years. He’s been in the soap world a long time. 

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

It’s too bad they turned Aiden into a murderer. Daniel Cosgrove was so good and had great chemistry with Kristian Alfonso. I’m not sure which writer did that. Was it Ron Carlavati? Anyway, GG is popular with the brass and has been playing Rafe since 2008 so I doubt he’s going anywhere. He was on Passions for over 8 years. He’s been in the soap world a long time. 

Oh, I know Galen Gering is a soap lifer. And, for whatever reason is a pet of TPTB. But, for all that is good and holy, free Hope. Put him with...oh, hell, I can't think of anyone I want to suffer so badly so as to be chained to him. A newbie? Or...

Is that damned rumor about Jordan coming back in 5 trillion years [since the tape to air takes FOREVER!] true? Let her have him

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Oh, I know Galen Gering is a soap lifer. And, for whatever reason is a pet of TPTB. But, for all that is good and holy, free Hope. Put him with...oh, hell, I can't think of anyone I want to suffer so badly so as to be chained to him. A newbie? Or...

Reveal hidden contents

Is that damned rumor about Jordan coming back in 5 trillion years [since the tape to air takes FOREVER!] true? Let her have him

I had forgotten about that. Maybe.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Chick2Chic said:

It was a Rowan post I quoted but... most of what Abby suffered IMO she did to herself vs what Gabi actually did to her.

Abby would not have lost most of that had she gone to see a shrink who wasn't Marlena as her family asked. It would have been easy, painless, and it would have made her family/friends realize much earlier that her alters weren't back & she was being framed similar to what Stefan & Abby did to Gabi (with a side of Chad screwing over Gabi once he knew the truth about Andre).

Instead, Abby got her huge ego dented that she wasn't just taken at her word despite her two alters running around Salem pretending to be her and fooling her friends & family not that long ago. Abby decided to divorce Chad and marry Stefan instead of seeing a shrink. Gabi barely had to do any work and Abby made many poor decisions on her own already knowing Gabi set her up. Plus it isn't like Abby has had extensive psychological rehab for her DID, just 2 weeks with her gran and suddenly her serious mental illness is gone & she is totally integrated. 🙄 Not to mention, Abby wasn't mentally ill when she stalked Austin, chased after EJ, went around assaulting various women in Salem, and cheated on Ben. Days can miss me with this poorly spun tale of Abby the innocent victim who has never ever EVER willingly hurt someone else. It has been shown onscreen that she has... she is just never really made to pay for it and wins in the end cause everyone in town will race to her side to make sure that she is ok. Doesn't matter the people Abby has hurt as long as she is ok. And wow, is that tedious to sit through again and again.

Also, Chad can kick rocks blaming Gabi for his being a jackass over Charlotte. He made that choice to walk away from his awful wife after what his brother did to her. What is weird though is with Abby's first unknown father pregnancy, they both thought it was Ben as the father & Chad was fine raising Thomas as his own child before that ridiculous timeline somehow made Chad the bio father of Thomas. Suddenly with second unknown father pregnancy that occured from an even more lurid situation that was actually less tacky & more diabolical than the first pregnancy, suddenly Chad can't deal with not being the biological father & walks away. Just dumb, esp considering Chad's own history with who he thought was his father for most of his life before learning about Stefano. 

I get that she totally skated on all the pre-DID sketchiness. But, to me, that stuff was small potatoes compared to the heinous crap she pulled as GabbY. Back when the character left because she knew she was not mentally well, I was like, “oh, whatever!”. But, when MM came in and found her footing in the role, I actually felt for her. Like, yes, this is a woman who made a sacrifice out of love as well as fear, then realized it was a mistake, and I wanted her and Chad reunited. Then, BAM! this horrible DID story was put in place all in the service of getting Abby and Stefan in bed without having Abby actually be a cheater. She fucked Gabi’s life up royally as her alter. She paid no legal consequences for it, so, honestly, maybe Gabi’s revenge is something she had coming to her. I just think Gabi went too far when she stopped caring about hurting people she’s supposed to love. Well, that and seriously deciding to murder old ladies. 

However, Abby has suffered here. I think that’s obvious. As much as people of Salem like to excuse her mistakes, she’s lost the most important things in her life. She’ll be getting them back in short order, I’d imagine, but that fact and KM’s shitty portrayal of her disillusionment doesn’t negate that it happened or that Gabi is responsible for it. 

I agree it was stupid that she didn’t see a therapist, but, even then, it didn’t have to be. That’s just  how our writers like to roll. Why actually draw from what could’ve been a character driven fear that she really might be losing it again and is therefore scared out of her mind to have a therapist confirm that she will never truly be well when you could again have her ridiculous, self righteous defiance drive the plot instead. 

Edited by Rowan
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Rowan said:

However, Abby has suffered here. I think that’s obvious

For a few days but she also brought a lot of it on herself by being stupidly stubborn and making poor decisions while playing the victim. Abby needed a therapist not just because of her earlier actions just this year but because her family couldn't trust that she wasn't fooling them again. I don't think they asked too much of her to see a therapist. They had just cause and she was too egotistical to consider their concerns cause she was too busy clutching pearls in outrage. 

• Love 6
18 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

I hated that they had Gabi begging for mercy and Abby being the one to grant it - really got under my skin. 

It was rage-inducing. Why couldn't they write Gabi like they do Abigail and have her be a smug bitch? Why couldn't she slap Abigail and Chad the way Abigail gets to go around slapping people? No, she's gonna cry and shit. BOO!

10 hours ago, boes said:

Jennifer was the best part of today's show and I have NEVER said that before.

I know right lol! The Jennifer/Julie scenes were actually great. I really liked that they had Jennifer not be completely condemning of Gabi. I just wish she'd show some of that sympathy she has for Gabi to Abigail, but you know she won't.

Chad and Abigail were utterly insufferable in yesterday's ep. Just I honestly can not fathom how anyone could have liked those two there. They took absolutely no responsibility for anything they did, most of which is the direct cause of the misery they're both in right now. Fucking smug, selfish idiots. I am counting down the days until I don't have to see either of them again. And I truly hope KM and BF make it elsewhere because I never wanna be subjected to them again!

I can't believe they had Ben kidnap Gabi. What are they even doing with this? It's one thing to expect people to root for Bo and Hope's daughter with a 'bad boy,' or hell even a mentally ill former serial killer, but Ben is clearly still an unhinged maniac, so like I don't get it lol.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 10
6 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

It was rage-inducing. Why couldn't they write Gabi like they do Abigail and have her be a smug bitch? Why couldn't she slap Abigail and Chad the way Abigail gets to go around slapping people? No, she's gonna cry and shit. BOO!

I know right lol! The Jennifer/Julie scenes were actually great. I really liked that they had Jennifer not be completely condemning of Gabi. I just wish she'd show some of that sympathy she has for Gabi to Abigail, but you know she won't.

Chad and Abigail were utterly insufferable in yesterday's ep. Just I honestly can not fathom how anyone could have liked those two there. They took absolutely no responsibility for anything they did, most of which is the direct cause of the misery they're both in right now. Fucking smug, selfish idiots. I am counting down the days until I don't have to see either of them again. And I truly hope KM and BF make it elsewhere because I never wanna be subjected to them again!

I can't believe they had Ben kidnap Gabi. What are they even doing with this? It's one thing to expect people to root for Bo and Hope's daughter with a 'bad boy,' or hell even a mentally ill former serial killer, but Ben is clearly still an unhinged maniac, so like I don't get it lol.

But Abs is always blameless didn't you know that?  I guess the show has decided that Abby and Chad were complete victims and that they didn't make any wrong choices--Gabi somehow convinced Abs to secretly divorce Chad, marry Stefan, fake being Gabby and then divorce Stefan again, and Gabi also somehow convinced Chad to make a deal with Stefan to have Abby committed after giving birth to her baby.  Man, I had no idea that Gabi was that powerful.

• Love 8

I just can't wait for this Gabi/Gabby/Chabby story to end. The big reveal scenes felt anti-climactic to me -- Chad's reaction was too understated as mentioned above. I caught a glimpse of the Chad I love in that brief flashback scene, and it reminded me of their fierce devotion to each other back then.

But most of all, I'd like to get back to agreeing with you all, lol. 

I'm ready for 2019. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Lastwaltz said:

I just can't wait for this Gabi/Gabby/Chabby story to end. The big reveal scenes felt anti-climactic to me -- Chad's reaction was too understated as mentioned above. I caught a glimpse of the Chad I love in that brief flashback scene, and it reminded me of their fierce devotion to each other back then.

But most of all, I'd like to get back to agreeing with you all, lol. 

I'm ready for 2019. 

That's RC for ya.  I've watched him do it on OLTL, GH and now, DAYS.  He sets up an interesting story, drrraaaagggss out the middle and rushes the anti-climatic ending.  It's what I hate about his style of writing. 

• Love 5
14 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Exactly, all of the Hortons came to love Bo.  But it's not like they got divorced.  He died.  And Bo gave Rafe his blessing as his friend, so Rafe shouldn't be offended in any way if the Hortons want to remember Bo's memory.  He's still Shawn-D and Ciara's father, Claire's grandfather...

Actually Bo and Hope were divorced, but your point still remains the same.  They really should of had Ciara hang it.

• Love 5

Wow, just when I thought KM's Abby couldn't get any more unpleasant I watched today's episode--from Abs' complete refusal to see her own culpability in why her family believed she was crazy to her outright rudeness to Jenn and Chad, I am left wondering how this chick is considered a prize.

I did like Gabi's refusal to be scared of Stefan though--he is another person who refuses to accept blame for his own actions but he needs to make sure Gabi pays.  Stefan, Abby and Chad all deserve each other and I hope they all rot. 

• Love 13

If the DiMera staff is off for the holidays, does that mean Stefan made that breakfast all by his little self?

Wow, more racism.  Show needs to stop that.

I have had to miss several episodes but Gabi "begged to spend the holidays with Ariana"?  WTF?  How does anybody in the Kiriakis mansion, including Sonny, have any say over whether Ariana spends time with her mother?

Doctor Shah's back, huh?

Good God, Abigail, STFU!

Loving Gabi owning her scheme.

"You know, they say ... those who way things." I liked that line.

Damn, Camila is killing it.  Emmy time.

Excuse me, Princess Abigail, but you can't keep the baby's father from seeing her.

Ooh, Kate declares war on Stefan.

• Love 12
41 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Wow, more racism.  Show needs to stop that.

Yea, it's a really bad look. Do TPTB even understand what they're doing? I can't tell.

I have had to miss several episodes but Gabi "begged to spend the holidays with Ariana"?  WTF?  How does anybody in the Kiriakis mansion, including Sonny, have any say over whether Ariana spends time with her mother?

Well, don't you know, being that Chad and Abigail are such amazing people they allowed Gabi to not be arrested so she could spend one last night with her daughter. 

Chad and Abigail continuing to act like blameless victims, and everyone allowing them to believe they are indeed that, is filling me with such intense rage. 

XBbDUJq.gif

I hate that Gabi is actually a decent person who is taking responsibility because she could easily get away with this. There is literally no proof of any of it lol.

• Love 10
23 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

These are your words, not mine. Let me set the record straight, I don't advocate for violence of any kind against people of different race and gender.  I don't advocate for strategy of "An eye for an eye" (this has been abused by terrorists and people like) nor do I advocate for rape/sexual assault/being taken advantage in vulnerable state. Furthermore, I don't have preference over Gabi, Abby, Stefan, Ben or Chad. So I don't play the game of tribalism and politics here.  If you are interested in my opinion on this story, here's my answer:  I can't wait till it concludes since  the whole thing has been dragged way too long. When I said hopefully Gabi learned by "valuable lesson", I meant "don't underestimate your opponents (who are dangerous people) and think twice before put your scheme in motion". 

Edited by usurper28
  • Love 7

I don't have a horse in the whole "who is better, Abigail or Gabi" race. I think they are both flawed. They've both interested me, they've both bored me. But overall-I can take or leave either one of them, which means I don't care if both get away with their crimes, and I don't care if both get punished for them. I do believe in equal treatment however-and if one character does get away with stuff unfairly, I totally understand if the opposing fanbase is up in arms. I've just never been that way myself. I have faves, and I have hated the smug attitude and actions of people who have come against them. But my fave was too fabulous to get too worried about what other characters-or other fans-might say about them/her. 

I wasn't even watching when Abby killed Andre. I know nothing about it. But these days, a character getting away with murder and being smug about it is par for the course. In a few years, when they develop Gabi into a more mature person, she may be passing judgement on someone just like others are passing it on her, now. 

Perfect example: Julie. Now, I've only been watching since the mid-late eighties, and I have not daily watched, *every day*, for about ten years. But I know enough about Julie and her history, that every time she bashes Gabi, I think "ummm...Julie, pot/kettle, much ?" And I think that's the point of having Julie, rather than anyone else, be the one so vocal about Gabi. She KNOWS Gabi, because once upon a time...she WAS Gabi. And I don't know if that's ever been mentioned, but for longtime viewers like me, it doesn't have to be. I get it. I get the hypocrisy of a woman who used to be one of the biggest schemers in Salem, bashing a young scheming woman. 

And as far as I'm concerned, it's entertaining. It would be MORE entertaining for Doug or Maggie to bring it up, but if that doesn't happen, I'm okay with that.

And I realize this has little to do with Gabi versus Abby and how Abby gets away with things and Gabi doesn't. But then, Julie did have her own rival (former best friend) Susan Martin, so if anyone knows "tit for tat" about getting even with someone who you feel has done you wrong, Julie does. Shame that angle can't be explored more.

• Love 6
22 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

Well, I know I am way behind in watching and just now reading this post, but I agree with you totally. I loved how Brady spoke  up about the fact that Holly doesn't have a dad because of Eric.  I am so behind in watching that I just watched this episode. Is this the first time it was brought up since Nicole died, that Eric is the reason Daniel is dead ? And isn't a custody battle a moot point, since no judge is going to award custody to the man who was responsible for the death of the child's father via drunk driving ? (at least I hope no judge would).

Maggie is right, Eric doesn't need to be raising a kid. His reaction to Brady's truth(s) is proof of that. Eric can go around town *passing* judgement, but can't *take* it. Until he can admit his part in all this mess, he shouldn't even be raising a turnip, much less a toddler. Every thing Brady said was true. I'm not blind about Brady, but out of Brady and Eric, Brady is the only one opening his mouth and owning up to his mistakes. Eric is still walking around town blaming anyone but himself.

Imo the hooker Chloe should not be raising Holly especially with that thug Brady Black.

2 minutes ago, bobcat1946 said:

Imo the hooker Chloe should not be raising Holly especially with that thug Brady Black.

Who said she'd be raising the baby with Brady ? I personally don't think there are any good parents in Salem. Maybe Hope ?  And to be honest, I'd totally be down with Melanie or Brandon coming to town, swooping the kid up, and ending the whole annoying custody battle.

I try not to hold someone's past against them, though. Most of my comments about Eric are how he's acting NOW. 

But I stand my ground on this-yes, he killed Dan, and he shouldn't be given custody of Dan's child, because of that(and other reasons). It's bad enough he only spent a few years in jail for manslaughter. But to be rewarded by being given custody of one of that man's children? No. That shouldn't happen.

As far as Brady being a thug, maybe he is ? IDK. Don't really care, either. Thug or not, he's being more decent to Eric right now, than Eric is to him, and that's all I'm focused on. They both need to either make up, and start to forgive, or stay away from one another. 

• Love 3

Brady is going against Nicole's last wishes for Holly that Brady heard with his own ears, as is Chloe.  Brady be decent to Eric is a hoot especially since the conked him on the head and dragged him out of the building so could torture him even more than he already has.

Edited by bobcat1946
  • Love 2

Nicole's last wish was that Eric take care of Holly. She didn't say raise my child. And it wouldn't matter (IRL, anyway) if Brady took out a full page ad in the New York Times that he heard what Nicole said. What she said can obviously be interpreted more than one way. Plus, there's that pesky manslaughter of the father of the child, and the letter to Chloe. There's also the fact that if Nicole wanted ERIC to raise the kid, why didn't she write the letter to Eric? Because them being a couple or not being a couple, would have nothing to do with Eric raising the child after Nicole was dead.

There's also the fact that Brady doesn't have to support Eric. Eric's told him more than once that it isn't about him. And to butt out. Soooo....Brady owes him nothing, at this point. If that makes him a thug in some people's eyes, so be it. It makes no difference to me because I see the good and bad of both characters. I am not, never have been, never will be, the sort of viewer who defends a character no matter what they do. No matter how much I like them. I can love a character to death but call them out for their crap quicker than snot(pardon the expression.) . Brady may be a thug (still not sure how though) and Eric may be Anger Boy. I don't think either deserve that baby. Or Chloe. or Sarah.

Really, out of all those in town, if it  has to be someone, Maggie. I don't care if she's a card carrying member of AARP. She's the only one not mostly on my nerves in all this. 

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

Nicole's last wish was that Eric take care of Holly. She didn't say raise my child. And it wouldn't matter (IRL, anyway) if Brady took out a full page ad in the New York Times that he heard what Nicole said. What she said can obviously be interpreted more than one way. Plus, there's that pesky manslaughter of the father of the child, and the letter to Chloe. There's also the fact that if Nicole wanted ERIC to raise the kid, why didn't she write the letter to Eric? Because them being a couple or not being a couple, would have nothing to do with Eric raising the child after Nicole was dead.

There's also the fact that Brady doesn't have to support Eric. Eric's told him more than once that it isn't about him. And to butt out. Soooo....Brady owes him nothing, at this point. If that makes him a thug in some people's eyes, so be it. It makes no difference to me because I see the good and bad of both characters. I am not, never have been, never will be, the sort of viewer who defends a character no matter what they do. No matter how much I like them. I can love a character to death but call them out for their crap quicker than snot(pardon the expression.) . Brady may be a thug (still not sure how though) and Eric may be Anger Boy. I don't think either deserve that baby. Or Chloe. or Sarah.

Really, out of all those in town, if it  has to be someone, Maggie. I don't care if she's a card carrying member of AARP. She's the only one not mostly on my nerves in all this. 

Brady was there.  Why is it she did not ask him to take care of Holly if that was all that was all about.    Brady could have been turned Holly over to God knows who just as easy as Eric.

Edited by bobcat1946
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, bobcat1946 said:

Brady was there.  Why is it she did not ask him to take care of Holly if that was all that was all about.    Brady could have been turned Holly over to God knows who just as easy as Eric.

I have no idea what Ron is going to write,  but in a court of law, no judge would give Eric custody, even without Nicole's letter, because the fact that Eric was responsible for the death of the child's father via drunk driving, would weigh too heavily against him.

In fact, to me, it's kind of....twisted. I get why Eric wants to do it. But if I had a voice, I would NOT want to be raised by the man that was responsible for the death of my father. "Best friend" of my mother and father, or no. A presence in the child's life ? Sure. But raising the kid ? NOPE. And the more I listen to Eric spout out about how "she's all I have left of Nicole", it comes across to me as being all about HIM. He isn't thinking about the fact that Holly may  have SEVERE issues once she learns the man she considers to be a dad, caused the death of her dad. It's actually a little sadistic, when you think about it. He'd rather raise Holly because she's all he has left of Nicole, than to stop and consider that HOLLY might be extremely emotionally damaged by coming to love a man who took her dad away. The more I think about the dynamics of it, the more disturbing it becomes.

It has nothing to do with Eric loving Nicole or Eric loving Holly. I think he does love that child. But it has to do with the fact that HOLLY deserves the best parent. It's not about Eric being borderline homicidal, or Brady being a thug, or Chloe being a prostitute. It's about the fact that being raised by Eric, because of what Eric did *yes it's his past but it's a HUGE deal here*, makes Eric a not good choice to raise that child.

The best parental figure for Holly, at this point, is Maggie. She's the only one that I *think* has the child's best interest at heart. The second best choice of those in town, if I *have to pick*, is Chloe, only because Parker and Holly should be raised together, if possible. 

But Holly could always pack her Hello Kitty backpack and call her big sis Melanie. 

• Love 5

On custody battles: The rarely seen child is so incredibly important until "possession" of the child is determined.  They they are off with Harold the butler...  In truth, I was Eric to raise Holly because I think he WOULD be the best parent but the whole "you killed my father" issue is hard to overcome.  

Abigail vs Gabi:
ITA Marci Miller was a much more sympathetic Abigail.  To be fair, Abigail didn't murder Andre - it was manslaughter at best and more likely an accident.  She actually loved him IMO and the dissonance between what happened and that love is what brought out the DiD.  And she was mentally fragile to begin with after the whole Ben business.  But Abigail was no saint in the KM era.  She had much more dignity in the last couple of years.  With all this said:
- Abigail's split personality IS (IMO) a legitimate defence of her moral culpability.  But the legal consequences she experience were SO over the top inconsequential that Gabi's revenge has more justification.  Which, of course, is probably the point.  They WANTED Abigail to appear to skate so as to garner sympathy for Gabi.  I mean ... taking away her ability to have future children?  DEFINITELY a ploy for sympathy for Gabi's plight.
-OTOH, Gabi has very little justification for ruining Chad's life.  He stood by Gabi's side even as she went to prison. He fought for her.  Chad was collateral damage.  Knowingly.  In her right mind.  Gabi needs to suffer some consequences and SHE seriously needs psychiatric help. 

Additional thoughts:
- Kate also let Chad be collateral damage.  I LOVED that Chad called her out on that and told her to get the hell out of his life.  I wish he had been more emotional than simply "cold".  That betrayal should have been more dramatic in fallout IMO.
- I was truly afraid Stefan would scar Gabi -- thus giving ANOTHER reason for sympathy for her.  I'm glad they stopped short.  
- I'm also glad Gabi did NOT kill Julie and went to the police station.  
- But with a good lawyer, Gabi's legal risks are kinda limited IMO.  She drugged a pregnant woman - child endangerment maybe?  She ensured the drugs were safe for pregnant women.  So that's a bit soft. She lied a shit-ton.  Not typically illegal, just immoral.  She falsified paternity results. Bingo. There's an issue.  If they still have the original letter, then there is proof of 'fraud'.  It's the fraud that is going to get her IMO. Kate would have to testify (and thus become an accomplice in the fraud) in order for the wrongful commitment to a sanitarium to be an issue.  But the fraud regarding the parentage -- that could stick.  And she's a repeat offender.  It's only two strikes (I believe), but she could get jail time for it.  OTOH, I expect she gets a suspendended sentence due to the wrongful imprisonment for a crime she didn't commit.  Which really, she should have sought civil damages from Abigail and Stefan in the first place. Which is all to say -- Gabi goes to jail if Ron wants the plot to put her in jail.  Otherwise, she'll get off.  That simple.

Jennifer:
- Should have flown to whereeverstan her mother was and got Dr. Laura to see Abigail.  Or dragged Marlena there.  Having her committed was an extreme.

Chad:
- Gets to be pissed at Gabi & Kate, but his fundamental inability to accept Charlotte is a character flaw IMO.  And he needs to own that.

Stefan:
- Glad he didn't cross the line with Gabi.  And Kate is after him now.  She's lost BOTH Will and Chad.  She's going to go reckless I expect.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

But I stand my ground on this-yes, he killed Dan, and he shouldn't be given custody of Dan's child, because of that(and other reasons). It's bad enough he only spent a few years in jail for manslaughter. But to be rewarded by being given custody of one of that man's children? No. That shouldn't happen.

But but but but....that was a GOOD thing!  Eric taking out Dr. Tan the Dan Man was a heroic act, Dan was eating Salem like Godzilla munching down on Tokyo.  I thought it would take garlic and a stake but Eric cut right to the heart of the matter.......

It was a dirty job but somebody had to do it!

(I kid ........ well, mostly ........)

• Love 15

Gabi should get a full psychiatric examination - PTSD or some other issue that caused her 'revenge' spiral.  Salem Hospital should look again at its IT/security and have better safeguards to not allow for tampering - i.e. one over one, etc. Unless Gabi still has the forged document or it exists elsewhere, it could easily have been a hospital mistake.

Stefan probably enjoyed Gabi's explanation for her misdeeds - devious, clever, took full blame. I hoped the show wouldn't go to scarring her. She's had enough. At least she turned herself in. And she has amazing makeup that still looks great after all those hours!

Don't know what sort of charges she could be facing.

Looks like 2019 will not be a great year for Stefan. The whole Abigail thing, the baby thing, Kate going after him (I loved her blue coat).

Jenn's hair went back to its normal fried self. If I was Jenn, I would not put up with my daughter's entitled behavior and tell her to find somewhere else to stay until she can treat her with respect. No, your mother does not have to believe every single word that you say -and you were 'integrated' by Grandma within a week or two - that most likely does not happen in such cases. Abigail, grow up. Dr. Shah is back?

Eric, please wash your hair.

• Love 6