Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

As I said in the spoiler thread about the door slam/"Not so fast, bitch" moment, I liked Abigail showing a little more fire with Gabi today, although of course I enjoyed Gabi's smirk over Abigail's shoulder once she'd snowed her.

I'm sorry, this revenge stuff is falling flat to me.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

As I said in the spoiler thread about the door slam/"Not so fast, bitch" moment, I liked Abigail showing a little more fire with Gabi today, although of course I enjoyed Gabi's smirk over Abigail's shoulder once she'd snowed her.

But I would have also liked to see Abigail's "I'm not buying it, bitch" face as well.

• Love 2

Abigail, do you really believe Chad and Gabi were doing it with Ari right there?

I don't think she's thinking about that so much as him playing daddy to a girl that already has two daddies and leaving his own son to go live somewhere else.  He also had no problem when he thought Thomas was Ben's son.  I guess his hatred of Stefan is just too much for him to overcome his man pain.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ihavenoidea said:

I don't think she's thinking about that so much as him playing daddy to a girl that already has two daddies and leaving his own son to go live somewhere else.  He also had no problem when he thought Thomas was Ben's son.  I guess his hatred of Stefan is just too much for him to overcome his man pain.

I think the ugly truth is he thinks she, Abigail, not just Gabby, kinda wanted to sleep with Stephan. Why else would he be so butthurt? He can’t lie to himself now that their is going to be “living proof” of the deed. He’s being a douche. It wasn’t her when she left three women to die, but it was when the sex act took place, I guess. And if he really believes it was rape, then he’s even more of an asshole for leaving.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

It would be funny if Stefan had a bug implanted in Steve's eye so he can keep track of everything he says or hears.

And StefanO! apparently has a bug planted up his ass.  I wonder what that keeps track of?

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

What was the book Eve gave Jennifer?

Probably All About Eve? It's her favourite subject.

I'm surprised the secrecy around Leo's death has ended already -- but, Will, do you really want to threaten a guy who already thinks you're capable of murder?

• Love 5

The book was something to do with a bad girl.

Abigail, Gabi is just playing the game you know all too well. She and Chad certainly won't go at it with Ari in the room. Yeah, your faking your death meant Chad and Gabi had a thing. And he had every right to move on, thinking you were gone. You set this thing in motion - your actions/inaction led to all this hurt. And there you are, the Horton Princess. You killed one person, almost killed three others. And did more. All it took was a bit of bippity-boppity-boo and Grandma Laura's magic wand to integrate the all of you in record time. You should be in regular therapy and probably no intimate relationships for you for 6 months to a year.

Ted, you fool, hoping to get money.

Paul - Will cheating on you with Sonny? Doubt it.

Jennifer, if you do make it to the aisle with Eric, he probably can get the marriage annulled You are not obligated to tell him about Nicole, but the good old karma boomerang will pay a visit.

• Love 8
30 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Probably All About Eve? It's her favourite subject.

I'm surprised the secrecy around Leo's death has ended already -- but, Will, do you really want to threaten a guy who already thinks you're capable of murder?

He doesn't really think that. I'm sure.

• Love 2

Twist the knife, Gabi!  It's not clear what her end game is, but so far I'm loving it. 

Also, I used to think Marcie Miller was a better actor than Kate Mansi, but really she's not.  Kate Mansi added an awful smugness to her performances sometime after the Austin-gaslighting story wrapped, but at least it was an emotion.  Miller couldn't have a flatter affect if she tried.  Probably some of the problem is with the character, who is boring and entitled and insufferable, but the actors are to blame, too.  I wish Days would get rid of Abigail once and for all.  She's a dud.

As for Eve and Jennifer, I can't root for either of them.  They're both sanctimonious hypocrites.  But Eve is an idiot - which, of course, she's engaged to Brady, after all - but she was practically goading Jennifer into telling Eric everything and then stood there at laughed at her!  Worst fucking blackmailer ever. 

Hopefully Kate will come up with an awesome, effective plan to destroy Ted.  She's never been redeemed for hooking up with that podunk, drug-dealing father of the town strangler.  It is time to restore her intelligence and ruthlessness.

• Love 8

I know Eve is awful but it is music to my ears when somebody, anybody, gets a chance to tell Mz. Priss exactly where to get off.

Plus, we know Eve will be roundly punished in one way or another while Jennifer, that plucky little heroine of Salem, will come out of it all smelling like roses, just like her daughter.

Show seems to think we don't all know it takes one helluva lot of bullshit to make those Horton roses bloom.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, boes said:

Plus, we know Eve will be roundly punished in one way or another while Jennifer, that plucky little heroine of Salem, will come out of it all smelling like roses, just like her daughter.

So true. 

It's unfortunate they made Eve so completely unlikeable.  Jennifer was horrible to Eve when she first came to town, and before that she had been horrible to Nicole over Dr. Tan.  Jennifer, like her daughter, is long overdue for some kind of comeuppance.  I should be cheering for it but can't, because Eve is awful in every way ... just like her man-child boyfriend.  Stupid Days, taking away my enjoyment of Jennifer being unhappy.

• Love 11
On 8/13/2018 at 5:03 PM, Silver Raven said:

It's funny how we were supposed to root for Will going with Gabi to doctor's appointments when she was pregnant with Ari, but we're supposed to hate Stefan wanting to go with Abigail to her appointments.

Will was a confused young man coming to terms with his homosexuality, he didn't deliberately hurt Gabi in any way, shape or form.  Stefan, on the other hand, knew Abigail was mentally ill and he chose to have sex with "Gabby" anyway.  He is a rapist and deserves no consideration.

23 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

OK, so I think Eve is kind of the worst.  But I have to admit, I thoroughly enjoyed her little speech to Jennifer today.  She was 100% right that Jennifer needs to tell Eric or get off her high horse and admit she is no better than Eve.

It is hard to root for Eve because she was so evil to Theresa but I do appreciate the fact that she thinks her sister will give Brady joint custody of Tate.  Then Jenn spites out that Theresa is a selfish and vindictive person and I just want to see Jenny's life destroyed as much as I want Eve to lose everything.  Both women are hypocrites who deserve major comeuppance,

I do like Sonny's spilling everything to Paul and Will's telling off Ted in front of Kate was awesome as well--Leo's death is wrapping up nicely.  I do like that Paul now knows just how far Will will go to help Sonny--WOO HOO!!

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 11
40 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Will was a confused young man coming to terms with his homosexuality, he didn't deliberate hurt Gabi in any way, shape or form.  Stefan, on the other hand, knew Abigail was mentally ill and he chose to have sex with "Gabby" anyway.  He is a rapist and deserves no consideration.

Yeah, I don't see Will's situation and Stefan's as similar in any real way.

I actually really liked the scene where Paul confronts Sonny about his suspicions -- it felt like the most emotion I'd seen from either Sparkle or Sonny in ages -- maybe even a little chemistry between them. (Huh.)

• Love 5

Sonny's boo boo kitty faces in the background as Will and Paul were reconfirming their love for one another were delicious.  He is soooooo bummed he and Will don't have this murderous secret from Paul anymore.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 11
46 minutes ago, superdeluxe said:

Maybe because it was kind of rude to do that in front of him.  And if he is sooooooo bummed, then why did he tell Paul?  He could’ve lied, but he didn’t.

I thought the same thing:  for god sake, Will and Paul are in Sonny's house, at least have the good grace to step out into the hallway with their "Oh no Paul, I could never cheat with Sonny, I love only YOU!!"

How awesome was Sonny's immediately asking if Kate was behind the blackmail because he knows just how hardcore Kate is and that she'd turn on her family in a minute if it benefited her somehow.

Brady was really laying it on thick with his praising Eve as the only thing keeping him from falling into the depths of despair over losing Tate.  Brady does know that he can get on a plane and visit his son right?

Jenn and Eric are just so bland, it's hard to care about her angst over Nicole.

• Love 9

So now I've lost the last few shreds of affection I had for Maggie.  She lost most of it when she turned on Theresa but today just sealed it.  Self-righteously saying Brady deserved to know the truth about the woman he planned to marry and then shutting up because Brady was on the verge of forgiving Victor!  She doesn't care about Brady at all - she just wants to enable Victor.  For all her talk, she has no intention of letting him take the consequences for his actions.

As to Victor - yes he's an ass but he was 100% right in his description of Eric and Jennifer!

• Love 11
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Sonny's boo boo kitty faces in the background as Will and Paul were reconfirming their love for one another were delicious.  He is soooooo bummed he and Will don't have this murderous secret from Paul anymore.

OMG kindred spirit lol I died it was so deserved to see him on the other end. He sure AF didn't care about Paul 's feelings when he got his claws back into Will first.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

How awesome was Sonny's immediately asking if Kate was behind the blackmail because he knows just how hardcore Kate is and that she'd turn on her family in a minute if it benefited her somehow.

Ha! Although Disneyboy did call it: Kate believed Will over Ted. If I were Ted I'd be more worried about escaping Kate's wrath than about holding anything over Will's head.

3 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Brady was really laying it on thick with his praising Eve as the only thing keeping him from falling into the depths of despair over losing Tate.  Brady does know that he can get on a plane and visit his son right?

I wanted to enjoy Eric and Brady acting like brothers again, but stupid Bonehead Black was laying it on so thick I was sure he was gonna snap (again) at any moment. I'm no longer convinced he has sincere affection for anyone, narcissistic hammerhead that he is. Plus, he has all the long-term memory of a goldfish.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Sandman said:

Ha! Although Disneyboy did call it: Kate believed Will over Ted. If I were Ted I'd be more worried about escaping Kate's wrath than about holding anything over Will's head.

Ted has no idea. Kate had no problem putting Sami on death row to secure custody of Will for Lucas.  She would have coldly let her die, if Lucas did not have an attack of conscious..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5
22 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Also, I used to think Marcie Miller was a better actor than Kate Mansi, but really she's not.  Kate Mansi added an awful smugness to her performances sometime after the Austin-gaslighting story wrapped, but at least it was an emotion.  Miller couldn't have a flatter affect if she tried.  Probably some of the problem is with the character, who is boring and entitled and insufferable, but the actors are to blame, too.  I wish Days would get rid of Abigail once and for all.  She's a dud.

I liked Abby when Ashley Benson was in the role, and I think she could salvage the character as she has more charisma than Mansi and Miller combined, but it looks like she's too busy canoodling with Cara Delavigne to come back. Ah well.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Black Knight said:

I liked Abby when Ashley Benson was in the role, and I think she could salvage the character as she has more charisma than Mansi and Miller combined, but it looks like she's too busy canoodling with Cara Delavigne to come back. Ah well.

Ashley was wonderful as Abigail. That was the last time that Abigail was a heroine.  

• Love 4

The last 10 minutes didn't record - don't know if it is the wildfire smoke, or a power outage, etc.

Victor certainly was his pop-up self today - spot on about Jennifer and Eric deserving each other.

Doug and Julie brought an un-iced bundt cake to celebrate the bizarre engagement? Was it bubbly or 'sparkling cider' since both Jenn and Eric are still recovering addicts?

Ted, you have zero idea who Ms Roberts is or her capabilities in making your life miserable.  A bit greedy to expect millions of dollars for.... nothing. No one was murdered even though you could fabricate some sort of case.

• Love 3

Hopefully Kate will eviscerate Ted for blackmailing her grandson ... all while he was screwing her!  Doesn't Ted have Leo's body?  Maybe Kate, Will, et al, could retrieve it and put the frame on Ted.

4 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

So now I've lost the last few shreds of affection I had for Maggie.  She lost most of it when she turned on Theresa but today just sealed it.  Self-righteously saying Brady deserved to know the truth about the woman he planned to marry and then shutting up because Brady was on the verge of forgiving Victor!  She doesn't care about Brady at all - she just wants to enable Victor.  For all her talk, she has no intention of letting him take the consequences for his actions.

As to Victor - yes he's an ass but he was 100% right in his description of Eric and Jennifer!

Maggie really is awful in this regard.  There's literally nothing he could do that she will not forgive.  Suzanne Rogers looked especially pretty today, though,

1 hour ago, Black Knight said:

Ashley Benson was before my time watching Days, so sadly I don't have those nice memories of Abigail.  Actually, I don't remember anything objectionable about Mansi when I first started watching.  Of course I thought Abigail was a crazy, pathetic stalker, but it was only after her gaslighting came to light and Carrie slapped her face that Mansi added the smugness to the character.  Wasn't her next story the one where she pitted old Chad and Cameron (?) against one another?

• Love 3

Abigail has a history of cheating-she cheated on Ben with Chad for pete's sake. I think she also cheated on Chad with  EJ if I remember correctly.  I think this history is driving Chad to be so angry now and to wonder if part of Abigail was cheating on him with Stefan because she wanted to and was attracted to him.  It might be on a subconscious level but I think it's there.  If you cheated with someone on their partner, there has to be a part of you that wonders if that person will eventually cheat on you.  I am so tired of his constant stuttering though-it would be nice if he would quit that.  Stuttering to me anyway is not a sign of good acting if you do it all the time.  It is better to use it sparingly so that when you do, it has more impact.

And I am really tired of Abigail slapping people.  I think everyone she has slapped should be allowed to take turns slapping her.  It really annoys me that Abigail gets to be instant cured, gets away away with everything, and gets a baby and good people like Eli and Lani lose their baby  I would rather watch Eli and Lani raising David than see Abigail have another baby. 

I am not a huge fan of Chad but I prefer him with other people like Gabi or Sonny than with Abigail.  I wish those two would break up permanently.  Also, I think Chad might be attracted to Sonny.  He's always finding reasons to touch him and looks at him like he wants to kiss him.  Go on Chad, kiss him.  It might be interesting to have a bisexual couple on the show.

I am a big Gabi fan so I am really digging her revenge for as long as it lasts.

I can't stand Hope trying to harass and bribe Ben into leaving town.  I would love it if Ted sued Hope and Rafe on behalf of Ben.

I don't know why John and Marlena need to have a big wedding.  Just elope-how many times do you need dress up in white and walk down the aisle?

I really need a Ben/Ciara fix so I hope they are on again soon.  If there are any other Cin fans on here, there is an interview with Robert Scott Wilson (Ben) and Victoria Konefai (Ciara) in the August 20 issue of Soap Opera Digest. 

Edited by jaylee-03031
left out a thought
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, Sandman said:

Doug and Julie ruin everything!

You mean you're not overwhelmed by Susan Seaforth-Hayes great acting??  

"But DARLING Jennifer and DARLING Eric have been through SO MUCH!  We bought them this DARLING dried out, unfrosted supermarket cake because they're both so DARLING!  Right, Doug DARLING?"

Plus, she's singlehandedly kept the caftan industry from total collapse.

She's such a friggin' ..... DARLING.....

Edited by boes
  • Love 17
2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Doug and Julie brought an un-iced bundt cake to celebrate the bizarre engagement? Was it bubbly or 'sparkling cider' since both Jenn and Eric are still recovering addicts?

It was probably Julie's secret Metamucil and prune juice cleanse.  Cuz it's DARLING.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I thought the same thing:  for god sake, Will and Paul are in Sonny's house, at least have the good grace to step out into the hallway with their "Oh no Paul, I could never cheat with Sonny, I love only YOU!!"

I didn’t even watch the show.  I read a recap and I was like, “Wow, that is incredibly rude.”  Right, they are in Sonny’s house doing that nonsense.  They couldn’t wait until they were back in Will’s dingy ass room to do that?  It’s closer to the bed, which is where they love to be.

And Paul?  Weak as hell.  He was more mad at Sonny than he was at Will.

• Love 3

Ben the former/reformed serial with an S killer chomping on cereal with a C kinda tickled me, I really hope that was an intentional choice by somebody.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 22
14 hours ago, superdeluxe said:

And Paul? Weak as hell. He was more mad at Sonny than he was at Will.

Isn't it kind of apples and oranges? Paul raged at Sonny under a misapprehension that he was being cheated on; by the time Paul talked to Will about it, he knew they weren't betraying him, and he was worried that they might be in danger. He was angry about being lied to, but he wasn't reacting to the same problem.

@TeeVee, I don't think anyone involved has that kind of sense of humour, but I might be wrong.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 3

All the Blacks and Bradys back together again.  Except for Sami. (And Tate. And Caroline. And Kim.  And Theresa. And Frankie. And Max. And Carrie.  And Austin. And Rex. And Cassie. And Andrew. And Stephanie. And Joey. And Chelsea. And Johnny and Allie and Sydney. And anybody related to John by adoption in the Alamain family.)

• Love 8
38 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

All the Blacks and Bradys back together again.  Except for Sami. (And Tate. And Caroline. And Kim.  And Theresa. And Frankie. And Max. And Carrie.  And Austin. And Rex. And Cassie. And Andrew. And Stephanie. And Joey. And Chelsea. And Johnny and Allie and Sydney. And anybody related to John by adoption in the Alamain family.)

I don't think that the show remembers the people listed in your post.. 

• Love 5

I just can't with Ben and Ciara, they're both so unpleasant and entitled but poor Tripp still seems enchanted by the obnoxious Horton princess part two.  I wish Claire would have some self-respect and leave this ridiculous triangle to implode in on itself.

I am loving Gabi's playing on Abs' insecurities and Chad's self-righteousness.  Good times :):)  But when is Stefan going to get his? 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Nicky Alamain should be there.  John always adored Nicky, and shouldn't Stefan be curious of his cousin.  Or is he only interested in the Dimera side of his family?  Speaking of, we haven't gotten a cousins scene between Stefan and John yet have we?  Not even after Vivian's death.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Tasha Brand said:

I can see what you mean about Ciara being entitled, but where the hell is any sign of Ben being the same?  I haven't seen a single sign of that from him at all.

But again, I'm not surprised with Ciara being entitled, because she's the daughter of two people who showed entitlement of their own in the past.

Where the hell am I getting that at?  Take one look at Ben's smug expression when Tripp and Ciara are fighting over his staying at the loft--he pulls out his "I'm sorry, let me just go" knowing that Ciara is immediately going to  want to help him--he is playing her like a fiddle.  Now. do I think he sincerely wants to change from being known as a serial killer?  Probably, but I think he also wants some place warm to stay while he's making that effort and he knows Ciara wants to help him.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, JBC344 said:

Nicky Alamain should be there.  John always adored Nicky, and shouldn't Stefan be curious of his cousin.  Or is he only interested in the Dimera side of his family?  Speaking of, we haven't gotten a cousins scene between Stefan and John yet have we?  Not even after Vivian's death.

Is John still an Alamain?  The last stupid retcon stripped him of being Daphne's son.  I thought John being Forrest Alamain and his backstory with Lawrence was the best story that made sense, even though, I would have preferred he had remained Roman.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

I am afraid this guy is going to kill us all.  Wait let me get him to move in and hook up with my aunt so the guy I like is free.   That seems like such a bizarre plan.  Claire you in trouble girl     

Am I the only one excited that belle and Shaun are coming home ?

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, Tasha Brand said:

Yes, but he never forced Ciara to help him.  She chose to do so all on her own.  I never saw any hint at all that he was expecting her to offer up their place for him to stay.  That was all her.  I saw zero indication that he was planning on staying despite the threat he got from her mother.  He had every intention of leaving Salem.

As for the look of smugness you mentioned, why not?  I didn't personally care for it, but I can see why he made it. It was at Tripp.  A guy who has been treating him like garbage from the first moment he met him even though he doesn't even know him.  if that was intentional smugness, which I doubt, I didn't mind it because he doesn't really know the guy.  He has no history with him whatsoever.  He has shown none of that whatsoever with anyone else in Salem because they all do know him, and he knows that they all have the right to treat them the way they do.  Tripp met him well after his crimes.  And given his own crimes against Kayla, what right does he have to judge him?

To be fair, Tripp's crimes against Kayla is not comparable to Ben's. He killed 3 people, 4 if you include Will. He tried to kill Marlena, Chad and Abigail.  

Ciara is as unlikeable as her cousin Abigail.  I think that she is being an entitled bitch demanding that her roommates accept a serial killer living in their home. I am glad that Bo is dead, so he could not see what a harridan Ciara has become.. Why are the legacy children on this show so awful?

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Is John still an Alamain?  The last stupid retcon stripped him of being Daphne's son.  I thought John being Forrest Alamain and his backstory with Lawrence was the best story that made sense, even though, I would have preferred he had remained Roman.

Even wit the retcon of his background, he was still adopted by the Alamains.

• Love 2

I enjoyed Ben eating the fake Froot Loops from the box.  Maybe he is playing Ciara and pushing her buttons - she's an easy target, really. He probably wants to change and be legit and get a job and get a life far from his past. Moving in with the college scene folks probably isn't a good idea. I could see him moving in to Rafe's house so Rafe can keep an eye on him.

Claire, you will be Tripp's second/third/five thousandth choice. Find someone else. Ciara, take some of your trust fund and get your own place. Maybe a 2 bedroom 2 bath apartment so you have your side and Ben has his side. And a nice lock on your door.

Gabi is sure playing both Chad and Abigail very well. I really don't feel sorry for Abs at this time.

Stefan has no business getting the hospital records, bionic eye blow up device at the ready, or not.

• Love 13
43 minutes ago, tribeca said:

I am afraid this guy is going to kill us all.  Wait let me get him to move in and hook up with my aunt so the guy I like is free.   That seems like such a bizarre plan.  Claire you in trouble girl    

I kinda love it because it's so on-brand for Claire, her attempts at scheming are hilariously inept. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I'm not surprised with Ciara being entitled, because she's the daughter of two people who showed entitlement of their own in the past.

In the past?  Hope shows entitlement in every episode.

• Love 5