Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Is Gabby going mad ?   She keeps talking to yourself.   Her conversations are out loud and long.   I guess it’s to show how alone she feels.   She needs a friend who isn’t related to Abby   

Abigails and Chads argument seemed so real.  It was good for him to tell her how difficult it is to forget her sleeping with another man.   Abby has a mental illness but not everything she did can just be forgotten.   It was interesting that Chad was the one saying Abby was blaming everything on her alters.   

I love Kayla.  Her conversation with Claire was sweet.   I am alone in liking Claire and always feel she needs her mom.   It was nice she had Kayla to talk to.  

Ben I am not a fan of.  It’s hard for me to forget what he did to those women especially Paige.  Paige was just so sweet and innocent.  Her murder was so brutal.   I can so understand Hope not wanting her daughter with him. 

That said Hope and Rafe were really awful bending the law with Ben.   

• Love 4
(edited)

Kayla and Steve were so sweet today. Love and great believable acting is why I watch. Those two are the best thing about this soap opera.

Edited by rcc
  • Love 11
(edited)
44 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Is Gabby going mad ?   She keeps talking to yourself.   Her conversations are out loud and long.   I guess it’s to show how alone she feels.   She needs a friend who isn’t related to Abby.

I kinda love that she constantly runs through her scheme out loud to herself, it's very soapy, but I wouldn't be mad if she got herself a Kimberly Andrews.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7

Why are Rope still questioning Ben after he asked for a lawyer?

How is it any business of Rafe's what Ciara does with her money?

What the hell is Gabi wearing? Bare midriff?

Ooh, Rafe throwing his weight around.  Sooo skeery.

• Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

I love Kayla.  Her conversation with Claire was sweet.   I am alone in liking Claire and always feel she needs her mom.   It was nice she had Kayla to talk to.  

I too love Kayla and I loved her referencing history by mentioning Renee and David...Kayla used to date David. The Bradys sure love them some Hortons...lol

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

Ben I am not a fan of.  It’s hard for me to forget what he did to those women especially Paige.  Paige was just so sweet and innocent.  Her murder was so brutal.   I can so understand Hope not wanting her daughter with him. 

Same here, I could never love Ben. He is loved on here and Paige's brutal death has forever tainted him for me.. Her murder was straight out of an episode of criminal minds. A show that I stopped watching because it became too gruesome for me.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, tribeca said:

I also like Claire.  But yes, we do not seem to be a numbersome group.  I think Claire has been a brat at times and done some crappy things; but in general, I find her flaws to be age appropriate and she seems to be overall kind.  

I cannot, however, stand Ciara except when she's with Ben.  She's is a complete a-hole to everyone else and I cannot figure out what Tripp saw in her.  All he ever witnessed was Ciara being completely awful, largely without provocation, to Tripp's only established friend, Claire.  How in the hell was that appealing to him? 

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

My favorite aspect of the Ciara/Ben storyline continues to be how Ciara supporting Ben is making Hope and Rafe miserable.  Her hiring Ted and then Ted dragging Hope and Rafe was beyond delicious.

OMG I was loving this! I was saying last week I somehow hope Ted can become Ben's lawyer. The way it all came about and watching Rafe and Hope's heads explode just made it even better. I never thought I would find Ciara likable as much as I do now. Something special is happening here.. I chalk it up to her being paired with the right actor and the writing working.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

I could be WAY off base here but I keep hoping Ted is a sign that the writing for this show is going to get better.  He's pretty much called out every single person he's come in to contact with.  Eve, you married men for money and scammed them.  Brady, you have a history of drug abuse just as bad (if not worse) than Theresa's.  Also, you have a history of going on the run with children and setting people up for crimes they did not commit.  Rafe and Hope - you have a LONG history of not only covering up crimes, but planting evidence to frame someone else.  (Love Rafe's blustery "Accusations against the commissioner are treated very seriously" while her daughter gets to hear what a stand up person Mom is.)  Is he here to expose the dark underbelly of Salem so that people can all stop riding around on their very high horses and start interacting like normal people again?  If so, would love to see a few more revelations!

He has yet to call out Kate but then he is using her.

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, RachelKM said:

I also like Claire.  But yes, we do not seem to be a numbersome group.  I think Claire has been a brat at times and done some crappy things; but in general, I find her flaws to be age appropriate and she seems to be overall kind.  

I cannot, however, stand Ciara except when she's with Ben.  She's is a complete a-hole to everyone else and I cannot figure out what Tripp saw in her.  All he ever witnessed was Ciara being completely awful, largely without provocation, to Tripp's only established friend, Claire.  How in the hell was that appealing to him? 

I also like Claire and think she has potential to be a true soap heroine.  I like that in both of her conversations with Tripp and Kayla, the first words out of her mouth were asking how Uncle Steve was--she didn't whine about herself or her problems and seemed genuinely interested in Steve's health and how Tripp and Kayla were doing.  I also hope she continues to be supportive of Tripp because I think he's going to need someone on his side when Ciara turns into a rabid wolverine in his presence.  Claire is right in that Ciara's full of anger and blaming the world for her problems and she's just miserable to be around.  Ben is welcome to her.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 5

Good scenes between Abby and Chad. He's torn between just loving her and being worn down from the consequences of living his life with a woman who has a mental illness. She knew it would be this way. 

Gabs, your best frenemy's rapist is on to you. You now have something to hurt him. Let him fall in love with a baby that's not his, then snatch that away. Too bad you can only use it by exposing your part in the switcheroo. There's a nurse out there that knows you were in the office alone when those results were delivered. I'm sure you'll come up with something. 

I know it's futile to hope that when Chad pushes Abby away they don't have her bonding with Stephan. He'll need redeeming and how wonderful to be able to show it through his concern over Abby's pregnancy that everyone now believes resulted from his rape of her. So sweet. 

This show is pissing me off. lol

• Love 2
(edited)

Good scenes between Abby and Chad. He's torn between just loving her and being worn down from the consequences of living his life with a woman who has a mental illness. She knew it would be this way.

So did he though, and yet he married her.  Twice.  I know the first time she hadn't went full crazy, but she was well on her way and he knew she was screwed up.  I get it's human to not want to deal with it, but I still don't feel sorry for him.  He wanted another baby with her crazy ass, so he obviously wanted to be stuck with her.  He took the vows, again, twice.  I'm tired of his whiny man pain every time something goes wrong.  I guess he forgets the time he faked a brain tumor, or called Abby whore to "protect" her from his daddy.  Or how about when she helped him hide while accused of murder.  Or figured out that he was freaking brainwashed.

As a Chabby fan I'm just bored of these stories that have outside people coming in to wreck the marriage.  As I'm sure Gabi and even Ben fans are tired of them being involved with Chabby as well.  These two are both screwed up, their internal issues should be enough at this point in their story.  I'm not here for months of them being morons so Gabi can further her scheme, or whatever she's doing.  I have no doubt at some point Stefan will catch on though.  

Edited by ihavenoidea
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Rowan said:

Gabs, your best frenemy's rapist is on to you. You now have something to hurt him. Let him fall in love with a baby that's not his, then snatch that away. Too bad you can only use it by exposing your part in the switcheroo. There's a nurse out there that knows you were in the office alone when those results were delivered. I'm sure you'll come up with something. 

But they have to know someday that Gabby was responsible for the switcheroo.  She would want them to know that she was responsible for their misery.  Personally, I can't wait!

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, norahs99 said:

But they have to know someday that Gabby was responsible for the switcheroo.  She would want them to know that she was responsible for their misery.  Personally, I can't wait!

Plus, Chad and Gabby being friends never made any sense, given their history. 

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, norahs99 said:

I guess that all depends on where she really stands with her feelings about Chad. I'll need the show to clarify that for me. If she doesn't really give a damn about his ass anymore, I can see her enjoying the reveal. If she starts looking away guiltily and feeling like a shit for causing him pain, or, God forbid, starts falling for him again, I can see her trying to hide that she switched the results. I'm actually pretty curious about this aspect of the story. I think it would work better if she just goes scorched earth at this point. I hope she doesn't care. I don't think the equivication scenario will do the character any favors. I think I might actually enjoy it more if stop trying to square how she's ok with the rapist/paternity grossness. I'll enjoy waiting for it to all come out that she's behind it. I'll probably enjoy her catching hell, too. I think she'll have earned whatever comes her way. Then, they'll bring me back around to rooting for her again 'cause it a soap. lol 

Edited by Rowan
  • Love 2

I'm still kinda hoping that the lab made a mistake and that Stefan is indeed the father. Gabi's tampering - all for nought. She know does have stuff on Stefan, and hopefully she can use it against him.

Steve, your bionic eye may need a Windows 10 type update so yes, it may take 24 hours for you to see again. A bit convenient, really. No need for a guide dog or anything.

Nice of Claire to care about her uncle and that Tripp was also waiting in the hospital. I still can't get over the free coffee and water available. You pay for things everywhere else. The hospital's coffee shop or cafeteria. Tripp's hair looked good.

Ciara can spend her trust fund money any way she likes. If Ben will teach her a nasty lesson, it is for her to learn. It will take a lifetime for him to be redeemed in any way, but he does have his freedom and right to a new life. He should have had some legal representation - at least from one of Salem's public defenders. Not a fancy $600 per hour lawyer. He could very easily file a complaint against the Commissioner and the Salem PD. They had no reason to hold him. I suspect that Ciara accidentally started the fire.

Chad, you and Abigail can decide if you want to keep the baby. Yes, it is devastating that it may not be yours. It is a real test of maturity to deal with this.

• Love 4

I like Claire a lot more than I did awhile back when she was constantly wandering around town trying to get a good signal so she could post to her "followers." Also Tripp's hair looks better a little darker and not with the side part/slick back

• Love 6
(edited)

I like Claire as well. I am glad she is finally becoming a better person. Coming from a young adult myself, similar in age to Olivia and Victoria and the characters they portray I wish for nothing except that the writers allow them to portray  familial bonds and young female friendship accurately. There needs to be more of that on tv and less catty fighting, particularly over boys . I am glad Claire is supporting Ciara. Hopefully that continues. She was also concerned for Tripp, Kayla, and Steve.

Edited by Hchc
  • Love 4
(edited)
11 hours ago, Sidney said:

I'm calling it now, they're going to hook up Stefan and Gabi. These two are interacting wayyyy too much. lol

No doubt. Not gonna say I'm not into it because that would be a lie. I don't care!

10 hours ago, annabel said:

Also Tripp's hair looks better a little darker and not with the side part/slick back

It was such a jolt to me. He looks even more like a baby/puppy now lol.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3
On 7/24/2018 at 10:04 AM, peachmangosteen said:

I thought maybe Gabi's plan was to have Abigail tell Chad he's the father and then later let him know that he really isn't and that Abigail lied to him, which I thought would be hilarious lol. But since she burned the original results, I guess she just wants to make Abigail suffer forever thinking she's having her rapist's child and lying to her husband. Cold. I love it! I think she has a seperate plan for Stefan that involves his businesses or whatever. It seems like initially she was just going to go after Stefan, but then after finding out she can't have kids and that, once again, Abigail gets the perfect life after all the shit she's pulled, she snapped on Abigail too and, thus, this new 'fuck Abigail!' plan was born.

This story will all end with everyone telling Gabi she's a demon while comforting Abigail though, so all will be well for anyone who doesn't like what Gabi's doing.

i thought that was the plan too. unfortunately, though i love gabby's revenge plot, it will come back to bite her in the ass. the princess must win. i wish this really was stefans' child. maybe she will hook up with him if chad throws her ass out. 

• Love 5

Still not feeling the alleged Cin chemistry and I truly don't understand Ciara's reference to "all of the guys who played her" in the past.  Who are all of the "guys" because I only know of one guy who hurt her terribly and his name is Chase.  Neither Theo nor Tripp lied to her or tried to use her so who else is on this long list of men who've hurt her?  

I kind of love how ruthless Gabi's being with both Abby and Chad, acting like the kind and concerned friend she used to be--now she's all about revenge--WOO HOO!!

I liked that Kate still sees Will has one of Ben's victims because everyone in Salem is acting as though his strangulation never happened.  Good for Will and Sonny for trying to figure out who sent the note but it would be way too easy for it to be "a still alive Leo" and after all of the times Will's looked at that note, the only fingerprints on it will be his.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, worleybird said:

Stefan may as well get his face tattooed "Chad's Punching Bag"

Works for me.

Still not feeling the alleged Cin chemistry and I truly don't understand Ciara's reference to "all of the guys who played her" in the past.  Who are all of the "guys" because I only know of one guy who hurt her terribly and his name is Chase.  Neither Theo nor Tripp lied to her or tried to use her so who else is on this long list of men who've hurt her?  

Wyatt.

• Love 2
(edited)
51 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I kind of love how ruthless Gabi's being with both Abby and Chad, acting like the kind and concerned friend she used to be--now she's all about revenge--WOO HOO!!

I've already said this, but I love how CB is playing Gabi's faux concern.  "Oh Abigail, I'm so thrilled I mean sorry this happened, can I rub salt in your wounds I mean give you a great big hug?".  Heh.

"You don't want a child, you want a souvenir."  Really good line from Chad to Stefan O.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 16

OK, I am officially madly, passionately in love with Ted!  Not only does he have the dirt on EVERYONE, he uses it.  The fact that he make Rope's collective head explode is only a side benefit. 

Today, when Kate was issuing ultimatums he was very calmly going, "OK, see ya" knowing damn well Kate would cave.  None of this "I'm madly in love with you after about a week and a half so OF COURSE I'm going to trash my career and be your lap dog" shit for Ted.

Since we've been waiting for the fall out of the Dead-B-Gone serum with Vivian, I think he is still working for her - happily getting her revenge behind the scenes.

Now this is how to introduce a villain!!

• Love 16

Ouch! Stefan had that coming.

Laughing at Gabi's phone ringing just as she told Abigail her phone had died.

Aaaaand Trump press conference interrupts the show. :(

...And 20 minutes later we're back.

Er, Will, how will you keep this between you and Sonny if you need somebody to do a fingerprint search for you?

Why did Stefan never have a father?  Didn't he have an adopted family?

How does UnintelligibleGuy know about Will and Sonny and Leo?

• Love 3
(edited)

Damn, Gabi. Twisting that knife in Chad's back.  It was funny when Abby was dialing even as Gabi spoke her lies, then both their faces as it rang. 

Stefan's a bastard, but I enjoyed that whole round of drinks deal for some reason. I think I just enjoyed someone picking at Chad's man pain. "My mentally ill wife tried to physically fight her way out of my brother's grip only to lose the battle and her body was used by him and that resulted in a pregnancy. How can I ever get past it?!?!" 

Let those true feelings feelings out, pal. You're ok with all the heinous shit she did to other people because she was "ill", just not that she showed her lady bits to another man while suffering from the same damn illness. Man up, dickhead. 

Edited by Rowan
  • Love 13
48 minutes ago, Rowan said:

Let those true feelings feelings out, pal. You're ok with all the heinous shit she did to other people because she was "ill", just not that she showed her lady bits to another man while suffering from the same damn illness. Man up, dickhead. 

LMAO right. Like damn!

Gabi is my everything right now. Close behind is Ted. 

Cin is getting boring tbh.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Ouch! Stefan had that coming.

Laughing at Gabi's phone ringing just as she told Abigail her phone had died.

Why did Stefan never have a father?  Didn't he have an adopted family?

Yes!  I never get tired of watching Chad, or anyone, really, punch Stefan O!s face.  I'm going to make some popcorn and watch that on a loop.

Gabi's phone ringing was such a great and funny touch. Well done to whatever writer thought of that.  Our Abigail is just a bit on the dim side, buying what Gabi was selling.  It's strange that not one of her alters was really very smart.  Even Dr. Laura seemed to think a pair of bifocals was the same as a medical degree.

I'm in the Ted Fan Club!  He was so smooth today with Kate, not ruffled one bit by her high-horse behavior.   I guess that good sex trumps loyalty to Will, huh?

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Kate.  And I love her relationship with Will and with Chad.  But it's great fun to watch a master player like her getting played.  Go, Ted!

• Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, boes said:

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Kate.  And I love her relationship with Will and with Chad.  But it's great fun to watch a master player like her getting played.  Go, Ted!

It bothers me that Kate gets easily fooled by  the likes of Ted and Clyde.  How could Kate not pick up on the funny vibe between Jordan and Clyde. Kate's naivete is plot-driven. I am not saying that she cannot be fooled by somebody.  However, Kate has been married to Curtis, Victor and Stefano.  They were repulsive and amoral.  She should be able to see through Ted and his lies. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

Salem has no homeless shelters for Ben to visit? I fully expect him to end up at Eli's home for men.

No, Ciara the trust fund baby has no business bankrolling you. Yes, she could do an act of kindness and pay for a room for you for a month - for taking care of her at the cabin and setting her leg.

I do enjoy Ted working over Hope and Rafe. No idea why he sent that note to Will - unless Leo is still alive and kicking and getting rug-sick. Kate's radar should be fixed on him and not in a good way. She should be able to smell that he is up to something. Maybe it's just the French accent for her.

Go Gabi. Your plan will work out for a time, and eventually you will be brought down.

Chad, you should not sweep under the rug that your wife has battled mental illness for quite some time and is not out of the woods. She framed an innocent woman, sent her to jail. Doing so caused her to be severely beaten and affected her life in many significant ways. She also locked up three women and tried to suffocate them. She may be well on her way to being integrated, but that doesn't happen in a few weeks. She faces a lifetime of therapy and medication. And now you face having a child that is not exactly yours for the time-being and face having to deal with your half-brother who is currently the father.

• Love 5
(edited)

I am so tired of Chad resorting to violence every time he gets mad or upset.  He has a right to be upset but he doesn't have a right punch whomever he wants.  Has he always been this hot headed or this a recent change?  The way he gets violent, I'm surprised he hasn't killed anyone yet.

I get the show wants us to always root for Chabby but for some reason I find myself rooting for Stefan and Gabi. Yeah I know what Stefan did to Abby is wrong but it is a soap and I find his character fun to watch.  Plus I am so sick of Chabby and their hypocritical, better than everyone else, always getting away everything crap that I automatically find myself rooting for anyone who will make them suffer.  Plus I love Ben and I hate how he was thrown under the bus for them.  I am looking forward to the return of Kate Mansi because I did like her portrayal of Abby better but I don't know if her return will return will make me root for Chabby.   Are Chabby really popular or are they only popular in the minds of the powers that be on the show?

I am also really enjoying Ben's current story line and how they are not glossing over anything and showing that he is instantly cured.  He was in a psychiatric facility for two years be surrounded by a team of psychiatrists treating his mental illness, counseling him, and wasn't just two weeks with grandma.  They show him feeling true remorse for the people he killed and the pain it caused their families and show him taking his meds and struggling with his mental illness.  I am also really enjoying him and Ciara together.  He's freed from the facility but he's homeless with no money so more realism there. 

I am also loving Ted and the way he throws the truth in people's face like Rafe, Hope, Brady,and Eve.  Would love to hear him throw some hard truths in Chabby's face.  I loved how Ted wasn't going to give up Ben as his client just because of Kate.  Kate had no business slapping him.  Maybe Kate and Chad should be a couple -they both love to hit people.

Edited by jaylee-03031
  • Love 11

Reality-wise, Ben should have been released to some half-way house - where he has a place to stay, some chores to do, counselling, and ensuring that he takes his meds, while on the road to recovery and getting back to being a productive member of society - with a real job. His sleeping on the park bench is not real.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

It bothers me that Kate gets easily fooled by  the likes of Ted and Clyde.  How could Kate not pick up on the funny vibe between Jordan and Clyde. Kate's naivete is plot-driven. I am not saying that she cannot be fooled by somebody.  However, Kate has been married to Curtis, Victor and Stefano.  They were repulsive and amoral.  She should be able to see through Ted and his lies. 

But it's a long, long time since she's been with a man who's charming and attentive and good looking as this guy is.  Combine those physical charms with smarts and no obvious agenda, I think even a master like Kate can be fooled, especially when she's lonely and still smarting from Andre's betrayal.

Now, if it goes on too long, then I 'd get suspicious.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, jaylee-03031 said:

I am so tired of Chad resorting to violence every time he gets mad or upset.  He has a right to be upset but he doesn't have a right punch whomever he wants.  Has he always been this hot headed or this a recent change?  The way he gets violent, I'm surprised he hasn't killed anyone yet.

I get the show wants us to always root for Chabby but for some reason I find myself rooting for Stefan and Gabi. Yeah I know what Stefan did to Abby is wrong but it is a soap and I find his character fun to watch.  Plus I am so sick of Chabby and their hypocritical, better than everyone else, always getting away everything crap that I automatically find myself rooting for anyone who will make them suffer.  Plus I love Ben and I hate how he was thrown under the bus for them.  I am looking forward to the return of Kate Mansi because I did like her portrayal of Abby better but I don't know if her return will return will make me root for Chabby.   Are Chabby really popular or are they only popular in the minds of the powers that be on the show?

I am also really enjoying Ben's current story line and how they are not glossing over anything and showing that he is instantly cured.  He was in a psychiatric facility for two years be surrounded by a team of psychiatrists treating his mental illness, counseling him, and wasn't just two weeks with grandma.  They show him feeling true remorse for the people he killed and the pain it caused their families and show him taking his meds and struggling with his mental illness.  I am also really enjoying him and Ciara together.  He's freed from the facility but he's homeless with no money so more realism there. 

I am also loving Ted and the way he throws the truth in people's face like Rafe, Hope, Brady,and Eve.  Would love to hear him throw some hard truths in Chabby's face.  I loved how Ted wasn't going to give up Ben as his client just because of Kate.  Kate had no business slapping him.  Maybe Kate and Chad should be a couple -they both love to hit people.

Thank you for putting into words exactly how I feel about these current storylines...especially about Ben & Ciara's relationship.

Talk about hypocrits...Hope wins hands down starting with her shooting of Stefano. Plus, it was okay for Hope to chase after her "bad boy" but not for Ciara. Granted Bo didn't have a mental illness, but that's just the point...Ben had/has a mental illness!  Why is it okay for Abby (who also has a mental illness) to be forgiven by everyone for lying, cheating AND killing someone at the height of her mental illness, but Ben is still being crucified by everyone in town!??? This double standard is absurd and totally ridiculous, just because she's a Horton.

• Love 14
29 minutes ago, MsTree said:

Why is it okay for Abby (who also has a mental illness) to be forgiven by everyone for lying, cheating AND killing someone at the height of her mental illness, but Ben is still being crucified by everyone in town!??? This double standard is absurd and totally ridiculous, just because she's a Horton.

Except Abby killed someone before she had a mental breakdown so she cannot excuse her mental illness for killing Andre.

• Love 15
6 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Except Abby killed someone before she had a mental breakdown so she cannot excuse her mental illness for killing Andre.

Even better! Or worse...depending on how you look at it.  Thanks for the correction.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, MsTree said:

I am also loving Ted and the way he throws the truth in people's face like Rafe, Hope, Brady,and Eve.  Would love to hear him throw some hard truths in Chabby's face.  I loved how Ted wasn't going to give up Ben as his client just because of Kate.  Kate had no business slapping him.  Maybe Kate and Chad should be a couple -they both love to hit people

7 hours ago, MsTree said:

Talk about hypocrits...Hope wins hands down starting with her shooting of Stefano. Plus, it was okay for Hope to chase after her "bad boy" but not for Ciara. Granted Bo didn't have a mental illness, but that's just the point...Ben had/has a mental illness!  Why is it okay for Abby (who also has a mental illness) to be forgiven by everyone for lying, cheating AND killing someone at the height of her mental illness, but Ben is still being crucified by everyone in town!??? This double standard is absurd and totally ridiculous, just because she's a Horton.

It's not just the hypocrisy it's the STUPIDITY!  Literally, minutes after being reminded by Ted of her tendency to "create" evidence, Hope wants to drive to the cabin and somehow find evidence the entire forensic team missed.  This is a woman who has vowed to anyone who will listen that she has already convicted Ben and will do WHATEVER it takes to keep him in jail.  It never even occurs to her that any evidence she found would immediately be suspect.  She simply assumes everyone will believe her because she is such a good person.

And yeah, Abby goes bat-shit crazy, gets some half-assed therapy from grandma, relapses big-time and then gets even less half-assed therapy from grandma.  I guess they figured since it didn't actually take the first time, less of it would be better.  While we all knew they wouldn't actually let Marlena, Kate, and Vivian die, if Abby had succeeded, her body count would have been higher than Ben's.  But she didn't even need to have a second opinion like Ben did - everyone just agrees she is cured - cause grandma said so. 

And while I am 100% team Gabi, I don't really have hope that she will really be able to cause serious, long-term misery.  This is going to blow up in her face.  This is probably why I have high hopes for Ted (I know the writers will screw this up but in the meantime, I can dream.)  He has no ret-con ties to anyone a la Deimos and Stephan.  Hopefully, he is simply a really good villain that can actually wreak havoc.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, MsTree said:

Thank you for putting into words exactly how I feel about these current storylines...especially about Ben & Ciara's relationship.

I am not the biggest Hope fan, but, I don't know no mother who would be comfortable with their daughter chasing after a serial killer.  The show needs to build up their heroes, instead of redeeming a serial killer. There are certain crimes that a person does that should get you shunned by society. I feel no sympathy for Ben, none, whatsoever.. Who will speak for his victims and their families? 

I despise Abigail and she should be in a mental hospital for the rest of her life. 

Bo was more of a rebel than a stereotypical bad boy. He came from a solid working class Irish American family. He had issues with his dad, like a lot of young adults do.  They were able to work through it, relationships are complicated. The Parent/Child bond is one that lasts a lifetime and it is always evolving. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I am not the biggest Hope fan, but, I don't know no mother who would be comfortable with their daughter chasing after a serial killer.  The show needs to build up their heroes, instead of redeeming a serial killer. There are certain crimes that a person does that should get you shunned by society. I feel no sympathy for Ben, none, whatsoever.. Who will speak for his victims and their families? 

I despise Abigail and she should be in a mental hospital for the rest of her life. 

Bo was more of a rebel than a stereotypical bad boy. He came from a solid working class Irish American family. He had issues with his dad, like a lot of young adults do.  They were able to work through it, relationships are complicated. The Parent/Child bond is one that lasts a lifetime and it is always evolving. 

I agree with this.

Ben murdered Serena to set Chad up, he may have been crazy, but he knew what he was doing.  Every person he killed after he did so to cover his tracks.  He chased Paige down, cornered her, and strangled her up close and personal.  Strangling is not like just shooting someone with a gun, it takes time, he stood over her and waited until the life in her was gone.  Same thing with Will, he cornered and squeezed the life outta him and if it weren't for Rolf he'd still be dead.  

I get it's a soap, and even as an Abby fan I realize she should probably be in an institution, but she didn't murder Andre on purpose, he came at her and she grabbed something and hit him.  I think the biggest problem I have is Ben has been popping in and out of the show since he left, and he didn't leave that long ago.  Those murders started 3 years ago next month....it's just too soon for me anyway, to hand wave all the brutal things he did.  Besides the murders, he choked out Marlena, held a gun to Abby while she gave birth, and tried to set Chad and Abby on fire. 

I don't enjoy them making Hope look like the bad guy for not wanting her daughter around a serial killer. 

• Love 3
(edited)
8 minutes ago, ihavenoidea said:

Ben murdered Serena to set Chad up, he may have been crazy, but he knew what he was doing.  Every person he killed after he did so to cover his tracks.  He chased Paige down, cornered her, and strangled her up close and personal.  Strangling is not like just shooting someone with a gun, it takes time, he stood over her and waited until the life in her was gone.  Same thing with Will, he cornered and squeezed the life outta him and if it weren't for Rolf he'd still be dead.  

Don't forget that he went home and had sex with Abigail, after dumping Will's apparent lifeless body  back in his apartment where he lived with his young daughter. I think there was a part of Ben that enjoyed the killing via strangulation. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, ihavenoidea said:

I agree with this.

I get it's a soap, and even as an Abby fan I realize she should probably be in an institution, but she didn't murder Andre on purpose, he came at her and she grabbed something and hit him.  I think the biggest problem I have is Ben has been popping in and out of the show since he left, and he didn't leave that long ago.  Those murders started 3 years ago next month....it's just too soon for me anyway, to hand wave all the brutal things he did.  Besides the murders, he choked out Marlena, held a gun to Abby while she gave birth, and tried to set Chad and Abby on fire. 

I don't enjoy them making Hope look like the bad guy for not wanting her daughter around a serial killer. 

Abby didn't kill Andre on purpose but she WAS going to murder Marlena, Kate and Vivian on purpose.  And yes, she knew exactly what she was doing.  If you are going to accept that Abby can be "cured" than you also have to accept that Ben can be cured.  

• Love 15
7 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

Abby didn't kill Andre on purpose but she WAS going to murder Marlena, Kate and Vivian on purpose.  And yes, she knew exactly what she was doing.  If you are going to accept that Abby can be "cured" than you also have to accept that Ben can be cured.  

And this is where Ron really screws up. He acts like murder, straight up first degree murder of innocent characters, is something people can just handwave or get past if he slaps a brain tumor or mental illness bandaid on it. Like, he thinks this a soap so nothing is out of bounds for the characters to remain viable. And, yes, people will still tune in, but not because they are ok with that, it's just some viewers realize that this kind of shitty writing is basically what we are left with now that soaps are not a network priority. They're like, "just be happy these few shows are still on the air." It sucks. 

• Love 3

Did Ted really need to hightail it out of bed with Kate to put his next note under Will's door?

Did we know that Marlena's father died a few years ago?

Brady is such a jerk.

"Sonny and I used to be married, so I know for a fact that he would never harass anybody."  Uh, about that amnesia thing ...

Aw, poor Paul.  But why the hell would they meet in a public place like that after Will lied to Paul about what he was going to be doing?

• Love 5
(edited)
23 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Did we know that Marlena's father died a few years ago?

The last time, that the show spoke about her parents was when she sent the twins to go live with them, as kids. I have always wanted the show to explore her dynamic with her parents. They favored her twin sister Samantha over her.  As kids, Samantha used lock Marlena in closets for hours causing her to become claustrophobic. Sherry touched upon touch, when Stella kidnapped Marlena and put her in that pit.. I absolutely loved the pit storyline, the fallout from that story drove story for years.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5
54 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

She did?  She knew she was going around calling herself Gabby and Laura and whatever else?  Look I get she's a loon, but she didn't know what she was doing.  I loathed and hated the DID story with everything in me.........I'd rather she clocked Andre on purpose if it would have spared me from watching the alters.  Ben would finish killing someone and then come home and ask Abby why no one had caught Chad yet, because that's what he wanted, that was his whole purpose for starting to kill people.

I don't think Abby is cured, that's the problem with this whole stupid story, it was used for no reason other that to have Abby cheat and create a WTD.  They've never addressed her illness, even when she came back from the so-called dead.  Two seconds with Laura and Chad is already ready to have a baby with a woman who was thinking she was three different people.  It angers me as a fan that her illness is used as a plot point and Ben gets this whole arc about mental illness.  

• Love 2
(edited)
7 minutes ago, ihavenoidea said:

She did?  She knew she was going around calling herself Gabby and Laura and whatever else?  Look I get she's a loon, but she didn't know what she was doing.  I loathed and hated the DID story with everything in me.........I'd rather she clocked Andre on purpose if it would have spared me from watching the alters.  Ben would finish killing someone and then come home and ask Abby why no one had caught Chad yet, because that's what he wanted, that was his whole purpose for starting to kill people.

I don't think Abby is cured, that's the problem with this whole stupid story, it was used for no reason other that to have Abby cheat and create a WTD.  They've never addressed her illness, even when she came back from the so-called dead.  Two seconds with Laura and Chad is already ready to have a baby with a woman who was thinking she was three different people.  It angers me as a fan that her illness is used as a plot point and Ben gets this whole arc about mental illness.  

Abigail should have never gotten DID. She was the wrong character to develop it. It should have been Theresa.  She is still blank canvas. We don't know about how her life was in LA with Kim and Kayla. Theresa could have been Jeannie's alter who stayed in control for years. Jeannie could have finally emerged and have to deal with the havoc that Theresa did in Salem.

Ben should have never come back. His arch was done.  Ron likes muscular men, so that is why he brought Ben Back. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

I  must be getting old because I couldn't read that note for the life of me--I had to freeze frame it and then get massively close to the screen and I only got the "Does Paul know" and I couldn't read the rest  Can anybody with good eye sight translate?  :):)

I do like how worried Will is:  for himself,  for Sonny and for the entire situation and I especially loved how he stared Ted down when the sleazy lawyer started asking too many uncomfortable questions.  And what was with Ted's ostentatiously acting like he's never met Kate before and then pretending to be bowled over by her?  Too over the top and damn ridiculous.

I loved Paul's reaction to seeing Will and Sonny having such an intense conversation--where's your "Will chose ME, Will loves ME best, MEMEMEMEMME!!  And NOT Sonny!!

Why exactly is Eve so unpleasant to Eric?  Brady is still holding onto his grudge that Nicole preferred Eric to him but what is Eve's attitude for?  Is it in defense of Brady?  I can't wait for the reveal about Eve's involvement in the drug frame-up.  Brady's ranting will be epic :):)

• Love 4