Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Considering how Chad fucked Sunny over with business in the past, there should be absolutely no chance of his being hired by Titan.

How long is Ciara going to be wearing that leather jacket in bed?

"Where did you get a burner phone?"  Uh, just walk into any phone store.

Kate will be torn between her love for Chad and her desire to take down Titan.

• Love 3

Good lord!  Hope is taking a situation in which she should be totally sympathetic and making me want to slap her. I get her being freaked out when Ciara didn't come home and more so when she found the crashed bike.  But what the fuck was that screeching and flailing after Ciara hung up about?  Ciara is an adult.  She confirmed she is fine and doesn't want to come home.   I would get it if she was concerned or even sad that her daughter doesn't want to lean on her.  But that display today was LUDICROUS. 

• Love 10

Ciara, you really should get your broken leg looked at by a real doctor. Then you can take off for parts unknown.  Eventually you will need physio to get proper movement returning to it.  Hanging out in some dingy cabin is not a great idea. You are an adult but you really don't have any way to support yourself. Perhaps you have an ATM card. Your mom? You are over 18 and your mom should not be wailing like that. And you really shouldn't be hanging out with Ben - at least not right now. Serial killers just don't go back to normal mental health overnight.

Kayla, the lies are starting. Steve may be blind, but not dumb. Kate probably would believe you looking for a pen in her hotel room. And the door being open. It is plausible and you are Kayla Brady, a semi-pillar of the town. No way would you be doing anything sneaky or nefarious. Recognizing the lawyer may set a few brain gears in to motion.

Victor, no it is not a good idea to hire Chad to run Titan.

• Love 5

A tiny bit off topic about Will/Sonny/Paul:

Yeah, I kinda hate the story too but to all the soap vets just remember Luke and Noah from ATWT. That was truly horrible writing. Did everthing they could to keep them from having any intimacy including kissing. Van Hansis got nominated 3 times for playing Luke and never won. Chandler and Freddie both own him and Jake Silbermann big time for paving the way for them.

Anybody who interested can watch them on youtube anytime. just look up "luke and Noah"

• Love 5
17 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

it's not entertaining or suspenseful watching young Ciara twitch and squirm while Ben unbuckles his pants and purses his lips and leans over her.

I don't understand what show you are watching. I understand not liking Ben, or a potential parting between a teenager and a serial killer, or that they're shacked up in a cabin for Reasons, but he is literally not doing any of the things you've mentioned. He hasn't touched her except to patch her up, changed his shirt when he was dirty and then apologized for it, and pulled away when she reached out to touch him. He can be weird or creepy or still secretly unhinged, but he's done nothing to sexually threaten her. 

• Love 9
On 6/21/2018 at 1:13 AM, boes said:

And where do you plug in a phone charger?

I hope Ben dosed those pancakes with some Metamucil.

It won't be only bears who crap in the woods, as the Little Princess will discover.  Some poison ivy might help her with an attitude adjustment.

thank you. i was going to ask that yesterday and forgot . i admit i am not a technology wizard but i don't believe a phone charger can charge a phone right out of the box can it? does it have a battery? 

why does ciara need metamucil? how long has she been there that she hasn't gone? i can't stand her. you would think the princess would be a little concerned about her health. her leg may never heal correctly. what a dope. talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.  

ha! little princess indeed. will be not too happy to have to go potty in the woods. 

9 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Ciara, you really should get your broken leg looked at by a real doctor. Then you can take off for parts unknown.  Eventually you will need physio to get proper movement returning to it.  Hanging out in some dingy cabin is not a great idea. You are an adult but you really don't have any way to support yourself. Perhaps you have an ATM card. Your mom? You are over 18 and your mom should not be wailing like that. And you really shouldn't be hanging out with Ben - at least not right now. Serial killers just don't go back to normal mental health overnight.

Kayla, the lies are starting. Steve may be blind, but not dumb. Kate probably would believe you looking for a pen in her hotel room. And the door being open. It is plausible and you are Kayla Brady, a semi-pillar of the town. No way would you be doing anything sneaky or nefarious. Recognizing the lawyer may set a few brain gears in to motion.

Victor, no it is not a good idea to hire Chad to run Titan.

she's a complete idiot. she may have life  long complications because of..what? 

9 hours ago, RachelKM said:

Good lord!  Hope is taking a situation in which she should be totally sympathetic and making me want to slap her. I get her being freaked out when Ciara didn't come home and more so when she found the crashed bike.  But what the fuck was that screeching and flailing after Ciara hung up about?  Ciara is an adult.  She confirmed she is fine and doesn't want to come home.   I would get it if she was concerned or even sad that her daughter doesn't want to lean on her.  But that display today was LUDICROUS. 

princess and princess jr. the hortons are complete hovering, annoying mothers. see jennifer horton. who is the worst. what makes it worse is kristen can't act for shit.

5 minutes ago, CompltelySweet said:

I don't understand what show you are watching. I understand not liking Ben, or a potential parting between a teenager and a serial killer, or that they're shacked up in a cabin for Reasons, but he is literally not doing any of the things you've mentioned. He hasn't touched her except to patch her up, changed his shirt when he was dirty and then apologized for it, and pulled away when she reached out to touch him. He can be weird or creepy or still secretly unhinged, but he's done nothing to sexually threaten her. 

i did not see that either and did not get the vibe that ben wants to sexually assault ciara at all. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, CompltelySweet said:

1 hour ago, msrachelj said:

i did not see that either and did not get the vibe that ben wants to sexually assault ciara at all. 

It's not about thinking Ben was actually going to assault her. We all knew it wasn't really gonna go that way. But the show wanted to tease that it might, which is gross on so many levels.

• Love 4

I have no idea why Ben is back on this show, but he does seem way less annoying now that he's not acting opposite Abigail (KM's version) even though he's still a declared serial killer.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Sandman said:

He could try a little harder not to show it.

True, but, I doubt that Days can afford a dialect coach to help him hide his Boston accent.  I usually let things like that slide.. I do notice, in general, that the British actors can do great American accents, from every region, of the United States.

• Love 5

I don't mind Ben's accent.  I certainly don't want to hear him mangling an attempt at a midwestern accent.  Besides, technically, Ben/Ollie didn't live in Poplar Bluff all that long. Based on the backstory given, Ollie was still a kid and they moved a good bit.  I don't recall them ever indicating they lived in New England, but Meh. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

There are lights on next to Ciara's bed, so there must be places to charge a phone.

Thought someone mentioned Ben getting fuel for the generator....so yeah. There'd be some power available.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

True, but, I doubt that Days can afford a dialect coach to help him hide his Boston accent. 

For me, it's less about whether a dialect coach would help, and more about the show's tendency to cast from looks, and not according to actual skill. Wilson's not the worst on the show -- and not even the worst currently on the show -- but I certainly don't see the great forward strides from him that others seem to be noticing.

• Love 4
Just now, Sandman said:

For me, it's less about whether a dialect coach would help, and more about the show's tendency to cast from looks, and not according to actual skill. Wilson's not the worst on the show -- and not even the worst currently on the show -- but I certainly don't see the great forward strides from him that others seem to be noticing.

I get what you are saying, but, I do think that the actor came alive, when he went psycho. The only reason that Ron brought him back was because he has a nice body. Even then, that is subjective, not everybody likes muscular men.  

• Love 4
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

... but, I do think that the actor came alive, when he went psycho.

Not to beat this into the ground or anything, but I still believe playing a psycho (especially a typical, over-the-top, standard Crazy Villain, which I would say Ben is) seems like the easiest gig in the world. There's no need for subtlety, real depth, or even much consistency in the character -- just a willingness to "go for it," to be as outrageous as possible. But I've talked about my distaste for flagrant camp quite enough by now, I suppose.

Edited by Sandman
Thanks for letting me get that off my chest.
  • Love 5
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Not to beat this into the ground or anything, but I still believe playing a psycho (especially a typical, over-the-top, standard Crazy Villain, which I would say Ben is) seems like the easiest gig in the world. There's no need for subtlety, real depth, or even much consistency in the character -- just a willingness to "go for it," to be as outrageous as possible. But I've talked about my distaste for flagrant camp quite enough by now, I suppose.

True. I agree, it is much harder to write and play a hero or a heroine and keep them from being saccharine and holier than thou.  Soaps only know how to write villains and villainesses. Villains are campy and over the top.  That was not the case back in the day. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

Soaps used to have more than one or two character types.  Along with the heroes and villains, there were grey characters.  There were characters who started out good and went bad (shown over time), and characters that started out bad and went good.  There were meddlers and control freaks, and mentors who cared about people.  There were well meaning people who still screwed everything up.  The characters had actual traits and the writers didn't simply say so and so is great, or so and so is bad news.  However, it takes time to develop those kinds of characters.

I also think the writers are to attached to writing villains.  That's why a character like Ben, who didn't have a lot of development before he went psycho, keeps getting brought back to the show when his sister Jordan who was on the show first went the way of the Dodo Bird.  To me, Jordan was boring for most of her time on the show, but the actress was good, and Jordan did what so many women on soaps never do, she dumped the guy who cheated on her (Rafe), and then dumped Chad when she thought he was playing games.

Theresa is another character that had possibilities played by a good actress who keeps getting lousy writing and treatment.

• Love 11

boy they sure wrapped up gabby and the jailhouse murder situation with a nice little bow. i thought i missed a crucial scene for a minute. what the heck, do we have new writers? why bother with it in the first place? 

• Love 8
(edited)
17 minutes ago, msrachelj said:

boy they sure wrapped up gabby and the jailhouse murder situation with a nice little bow. i thought i missed a crucial scene for a minute. what the heck, do we have new writers? why bother with it in the first place? 

According to RC, CB got a movie so they had to basically write Gabby out while she did that and they chose that way to do it. And then just swept it under the rug once she could return. Just stupid all around lol.

I was happy to see Gabi in a clothes that weren't a cocktail dress. 

Speaking of, now Theresa has taken the mantle from Gabi of always wearing cocktail dresses. I find it so stupid. 

I hate that enjoy Stefan now, but it is what it is.

I fast forwarded everything related to the dead baby, but it seemed like the Lani actress did a pretty decent job with it today.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 6
(edited)
22 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I fast forwarded everything related to the dead baby, but it seemed like the Lani actress did a pretty decent job with it today.

I can not watch anything that has to be with children hurting or dead.  I want escapism, from the ugliness, currently, in the world. People have said that both Lamont and Sal did a good job mourning their son. Sal was really good in the reboot AMC.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5

The Maggie, Sonny, Gabi, and Ari scenes were really well done and I loved how supportive both Sonny and Maggie were of Gabi's getting out of prison after being set up, twice.  The look of hurt shock on Gabi's face was just painful to watch and I loved Sonny's rushing over to hug her--FS and CB were excellent in their scenes--and I doubt that Ari's anger will last that much longer but it just adds more fuel to Gabi's vendetta against Stefan--I can't wait :):)

The Chad/Kate scenes were also wonderful and I liked that Chad didn't lose sight of Sonny's plight--he may be going along with Kate's plan but he doesn't want to see his friend hurt anymore then he already has been.

JJ and Theresa scenes have loads of potential to them--show, don't let me down :)

• Love 9

Chad and Kate working to take down Stefan and then Chad will take Kate out too? She probably shouldn't have let him know that she is responsible for Leo.

No interest in Baby Price.

Gabi's prison storyline came to a very neat, tidy end. Surely there would be a letter or something for her exonerating her of her crime and she can possibly sue for some financial settlement. Stefan is a good choice to go after, but she also needs to have an unpleasant chat with Abigail/Gabigail. Ari will come around - her mom hasn't been around for a while, so it's expected. Nice of Maggie to be supportive.

Eve and Brady deserve what is coming to them.

Theresa, JJ is a far better man than Brady.

• Love 5

I am excited to have Ben back on the show.  I think RSW is doing a fantastic job showing us Ben's struggle with what he has done and trying to understand why he did it.  He doesn't want to enjoy hurting people anymore and he doesn't want to be a monster anymore.  He is trying to the break cycle of abuse and trying to learn how to be a better man than his father. I like how he mentioned that Abigail's cheating on him caused him to lose his grip on reality.  Abigail needs to be held accountable for what she did to him.  She was really cruel to cheat on him and lie to him over and over, even promising to marry him all while sleeping with Chad.  The image of Clyde laughing at his two small devastated children crying over their dead kitten is sickening.  Uncommon opinion but I don't hate Ciara and I actually enjoy her scenes with Ben. It kind of reminds me of Beauty and the Beast.  That doesn't mean I haven't found her annoying at times but in her scenes with Ben, I actually like her and she was okay in scenes with Tripp.  I just don't enjoy all the petty jealousy stuff between her and Claire.

Is Chad secretly gay?  He has more chemistry with Sonny than he has ever had with Abigail and the way he kept moving closer to Sonny, I thought he was going to go in for a kiss.  Would anyone want a Chad/Sonny pairing?

Kayla is really not good at scheming, sneaking around, and lying. Maybe Sami can give her some lessons.

JJ is one of a few good men in Salem.  He treats women like equals and respects them.  I commend and love him for the way he defends Theresa and is being a friend to her and the way he took care of Lani.  I had to stop watching when she went into early labor because I had a feeling she was going to lose the baby and having lost one myself a few years ago, I cannot watch dead baby story lines.  Just too painful so I will be fast forwarding those scenes although I do love me some Eli so that makes me sad.

Was Hope wearing a red blazer, dressy blouse, and yoga pants to work? LOL.  I get her being worried about Ciara.  She saw the wrecked motorcycle and could hear that Ciara was in pain. 

I know Rafe isn't very popular on here but I really wanted to see a scene with him and Gabi after she was freed.  Poor Gabi-now her little girl says she hates her.  Why does the show keep torturing her?  I want her to have some happiness and real man who truly loves her and only her.

Stephen-give Brady and Eve hell!  I am glad I can still watch Tyler Christoper on my screen. Had to stop watching GH. Way too much Sonny/Jason worship on that show.

Loved seeing Steve and Kayla.  They are one of my favorite couples.

I have not missed Abigail-loved having her off my screen.

Hot cross buns, Eric is one sexy man. 

• Love 6

Just finished watching Friday episode. I thought it was not bad one & I’m ready to see their revenge plan in the motion. It’s a lot of pissed off characters but at least they can try out for next year’s WrestleMania. The ending? Burn down the house or she’s sentenced to 90210 remake part 2 hell... sponsored by Dr. Salty soft drink! 

(edited)
18 hours ago, Sandman said:

Thank you. Like you, I don't see him blossomin at all. Head tilts and pursed lips do not a thespian make. I'm pretty sure peope only defend him because of his abs, but even there I don't quite get it. He doesn't generate any chemistry or excitement from what I can tell.

It's sad that the show seems to prefer bringing in a rotating cast of weak actors with toothpaste commercial looks over writing good material for the veterans who routinely walk away from the series frustrated.

I know Rafe isn't very popular on here but I really wanted to see a scene with him and Gabi after she was freed.

Rafe as Gabi's brother is the only mode I can stand him in. I like the sibling relationships...when this show bothers to write them.

Just rewatched some of Eve's intro scenes from 2014 and the first time she sees Brady she's into him. So there - continuity! (Still feel Ron did a crap job getting them together this year though).

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 5
(edited)
23 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I'm pretty sure people only defend him because of his abs, but even there I don't quite get it.

Yea, no. That's not it at all on my end.

That's definitely why RC brought him back though lol. 

• Love 3
(edited)
10 hours ago, jaylee-03031 said:

Is Chad secretly gay?  He has more chemistry with Sonny than he has ever had with Abigail and the way he kept moving closer to Sonny, I thought he was going to go in for a kiss.  Would anyone want a Chad/Sonny pairing?

It would be a nice twist, if Chad and Sonny, had an unexpected one night stand.  I doubt the show would ever go there.  I do think that Billy likes to turn it up a bit when he is in scenes with both Will and Sonny. He used to kiss Will and Sonny, on the cheeks, as a gesture of friendship. In Europe, men kiss each other, on the cheeks and it does not mean anything. I don't think Americans are open to that type of affection between men. This country is very puritanical. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6
(edited)

I remember when Casey was playing Chad, and they did the Will coming out SL, there were lots of people angry that Will ended up with Sonny and not Chad.  There was lots of speculation that Chad/Will had a thing for each other for a couple of years because they would get involved with the same girls, and go back and forth from being friends to enemies and then back again.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

I remember when Casey was playing Chad, and they did the Will coming out SL, there were lots of people angry that Will ended up with Sonny and not Chad.  There was lots of speculation that Chad/Will had a thing for each other for a couple of years because they would get involved with the same girls, and go back and forth from being friends to enemies and then back again.

Not to mention, the potential, for a Gay Romeo and Juliette Story, via, Will and Chad would have been a new twist, in that Shakespearian Play.. Soaps used to take risks and that used to pay off in the long run. 

• Love 4

The writers missed the boat on Chad/Will/Sonny.  Soaps love to do triangles, but no one thought Sami Brady's son and Kate Robert's grandson, Stefano Dimera's son, and Victor Kiriakis' great nephew would be a good triangle?

• Love 9
(edited)
4 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

The writers missed the boat on Chad/Will/Sonny.  Soaps love to do triangles, but no one thought Sami Brady's son and Kate Robert's grandson, Stefano Dimera's son, and Victor Kiriakis' great nephew would be a good triangle?

True. I do think that soaps rely too much on triangles.  The supercouples never relied on triangles to make them interesting. Their main obstacles were always internal and not always external.  I do think that Chad/Will/Sonny would have been good.   The show has missed the boat on so many stories and that is the reason that fans have left the show in droves.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

True. I do think that soaps rely too much on triangles.  The supercouples never relied on triangles to make them interesting. Their main obstacles were always internal and not always external.  I do think that Chad/Will/Sonny would have been good.   The show has missed the boat on so many stories and that is the reason that fans have left the show in droves.

It's strange that a group of writers who will create a triangle for no other reason than to have a triangle, wouldn't at least look at the history of Chad/Will/Sonny, and think about doing something with it.  Instead they would rather just be lazy and write "He's just like Sami" over and over again.

• Love 4
Just now, TigerLynx said:

It's strange that a group of writers who will create a triangle for no other reason than to have a triangle, wouldn't at least look at the history of Chad/Will/Sonny, and think about doing something with it.  Instead they would rather just be lazy and write "He's just like Sami" over and over again.

Eve/Brady/Theresa is an example of that overused triangle trope. Brady/Eve are universally hated, but, Ron, brought Theresa back to make them rootable. Theresa is just a prop to make us love Brady and Eve.  

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

Eve/Brady/Theresa is an example of that overused triangle trope. Brady/Eve are universally hated, but, Ron, brought Theresa back to make them rootable. Theresa is just a prop to make us love Brady and Eve.  

Why does it never occur to the writers when they do this, that fans could simply end up hating all the characters, or worse not care about any of them and be bored?

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I actually liked Brady/Eve until Theresa came back! They just really royally fucked everything up lol.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I actually liked Brady/Eve until Theresa came back! They just really royally fucked everything up lol.

All couplings have fans. There are still Gabi/Will fans out there who want them to reunite and raise their daughter together..

• Love 3

Hell, we are lucky if TPTB remember that Will and Chad were/are best friends.  I've always loved Billy Flynn's character choice to be affectionate with both Will and Sonny.  It's always been a nice bridge between his Chad and Casey's.  For as much as Casey's Chad was a "bro" in a lot of ways, his connection and friendship with Will was genuine and a big anchor in his life.

• Love 6

This week's thought:
- Ouch. Lani losing the baby.  Why did this have to happen?  Seems just some sort of punishment story.  Bleech.
- Eve and Brady -- I have zero empathy for them
- Theresa - MOVE ON GIRL.  Take the world by storm, love your boy Tate. Let Brady go.  We don't like him anyway.
- Ciara - Girl, you are a brat.  Your mother is terrified and you are hanging out with Ben the conflicted serial killer.
- Claire - If only your sincerity would last for more than half an day
- Chad - Do the right thing.  Don't hurt Sonny.  
- Maggie - Fall in a hole.  You were mean to Theresa.  I'm not forgiving you for a while. I get concern for Chloe, but I think your character took a nose dive when you started hating on Theresa.
- JJ - I feel for you.  You and Theresa are my favorite friends right now.
- Gabi - Therapy. Now.  And some Anger Management classes.  You are RIGHT to be angry.  But this can only end in tears.
- Kate - glad you told Chad the truth.  But stop trying to stab Titan in the back.  Your move with Leo was skeezy.
- Julie- go make sandwiches in the back with Doug and keep those opinions to yourself.
-Paul - you poor schmuck, Wilson is gonna happen when you help Will with that vial

Hmmmm.... seems I was channelling my inner snark monster today.  Sorry about that.

• Love 9

Claire - If only your sincerity would last for more than half an day

I'm feeding your inner snark monster a cookie for that one. Very well put. Of course it's the fault of the writing more than the actress, but at this point I'm getting tired of excusing it.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, SueB said:

Claire - If only your sincerity would last for more than half an day

A half day would be an improvement over her usual 10 minutes.

• Love 6

Can I just say, I miss Anna. If we can't have Vivien walking around bring snarky, could we at least have Anna being loopy and Princessy? She seems like a good person and has an interesting perspective on life.

• Love 9
(edited)
14 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

All couplings have fans. There are still Gabi/Will fans out there who want them to reunite and raise their daughter together..

I'm just saying that bringing Theresa back really didn't have the intended effect in general because even I, as someone who liked Brady/Eve and doesn't care for Theresa, wants Theresa to fuck over Brady/Eve. 

4 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Can I just say, I miss Anna. If we can't have Vivien walking around bring snarky, could we at least have Anna being loopy and Princessy? She seems like a good person and has an interesting perspective on life.

Ugh, this.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm just saying that bringing Theresa back really didn't have the intended effect in general because even I, as someone who liked Brady/Eve and doesn't care for Theresa, wants Theresa to fuck over Brady/Eve. 

Same here. I want that too.  Eve's disloyalty to Theresa, really bothers me. Given, all of the crap, she pulled on Kim and Shane.  

• Love 6
Just now, Apprentice79 said:

Eve's disloyalty to Theresa, really bothers me. Given, all of the crap, she pulled on Kim and Shane.  

I don't know the history, but it really pisses me off that Eve is being such a colossal bitch about Theresa. At the very least there should be some layers where she's pissed about Theresa's lies, is mad about Theresa trying to break up Brady and her but knows that's selfish thinking, and is also deeply sympathetic to Theresa since she was a fucking sex slave for a year. Ugh it's all so stupid.

• Love 9
(edited)
10 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don't know the history, but it really pisses me off that Eve is being such a colossal bitch about Theresa. At the very least there should be some layers where she's pissed about Theresa's lies, is mad about Theresa trying to break up Brady and her but knows that's selfish thinking, and is also deeply sympathetic to Theresa since she was a fucking sex slave for a year. Ugh it's all so stupid.

Eve should be very understanding of Theresa, because she was forced back into prostitution and Kim saved her ass.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6