Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

17 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

Why is everyone giving Lani a break? Including Jennifer?! I am so disappointed. I was looking forward to some much deserved fireworks.

Exactly...and now Abe is going to be pissed at Val. Did Val cross a line? Sure she did...but it was Lani who lied to JJ about the baby. Val didn't expose the truth...Lani did in court. 

Speaking of court...barf. Give me a freakin' break with Gabigail framinig Gabi on the stand.

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, swtrgrl said:

Exactly...and now Abe is going to be pissed at Val. Did Val cross a line? Sure she did...but it was Lani who lied to JJ about the baby. Val didn't expose the truth...Lani did in court. 

Speaking of court...barf. Give me a freakin' break with Gabigail framinig Gabi on the stand.

I laughed out loud at Lani's giving Val a dirty look and Abe's barking out "VAL!"  Seriously, is Abe about to gloss over his daughter's lying to everyone's face about the father of her baby?  I guess it's easier to blame Val then realize that your daughter is a massively cruel and heartless human being.

I loved "Abby's" lying about Gabi on the stand--Chad's look of surprise and Gabi's outraged confusion were so gloriously soapy.  I hope Justin destroys her on the stand because I have a feeling Dr. Laura truly believes she's smarter then everyone else.

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I loved "Abby's" lying about Gabi on the stand--Chad's look of surprise and Gabi's outraged confusion were so gloriously soapy. 

I don't love every aspect of every storyline, but I have to give Ron credit - every storyline right now really is "gloriously soapy".   And we're getting Friday bombshells / cliffhangers.  Really, no way will any writer ever please every fan, but Ron, at least, seems to know how to write for a soap opera, and that's more than Dena and all the others writers since I started to watch again in 2014 have been able to do.

• Love 6

If the Spectator reported about Lani's testimony, why doesn't Jennifer know about it?

Do Abe and Lani not have houses they can go to to have this conversation?

Doctor Laura is good at pretending to be Abigail.  :)

Wow, Stefan says the cameras were shut off for maintenance and the jury is just supposed to believe it.

Woah! Quite an ending.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Wow, Stefan says the cameras were shut off for maintenance and the jury is just supposed to believe it.

Plus, it wasn't just for a few minutes but 58 minutes during the same time that Andre was killed. How could that not be suspicious.

Did or not, but Abby is such a bitch.

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Do Abe and Lani not have houses they can go to to have this conversation?

I was thinking that yesterday with Steve and Kayla.  Mary Ingalls got to wake up one morning at home and realize she'd gone blind. Poor Steve had to go blind at the Brady Pub.  ?

• Love 9
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

Plus, it wasn't just for a few minutes but 58 minutes during the same time that Andre was killed. How could that not be suspicious.

Did or not, but Abby is such a bitch.

Abigail get to do what no one in Salem gets to do.  Be both a Saint and a HOe.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I laughed out loud at Lani's giving Val a dirty look and Abe's barking out "VAL!"  Seriously, is Abe about to gloss over his daughter's lying to everyone's face about the father of her baby?  I guess it's easier to blame Val then realize that your daughter is a massively cruel and heartless human being.

That's a bit over the top.  She should have told the truth, yes.  But where is she "massively cruel and heartless"?  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, A.J. said:

That's a bit over the top.  She should have told the truth, yes.  But where is she "massively cruel and heartless"?  

Over the top?  I think I'm being generous.  Lani's lies have helped to destroy two relationships--Eli/Gabi and JJ/Lani--she's hurt JJ and Eli and their families with her concealing the truth about her baby's paternity, she forced Kayla to keep her secret from her own nephew and Lani did all this without any guilt.  She smiled and lied straight to everyone's faces and she did it without a shred of shame.  The only time she felt bad about anything was when Kayla or Val questioned her and pierced her self-delusion. 

So yes, I think anyone who can lie so easily and hurt people without a shred of guilt is massively cruel and heartless. 

• Love 13
5 hours ago, buffynut said:

I was thinking that yesterday with Steve and Kayla.  Mary Ingalls got to wake up one morning at home and realize she'd gone blind. Poor Steve had to go blind at the Brady Pub.  ?

But but but but, the chowder there is just SO good!  

I'm pretty sure Lani is planning to have her baby there, too. Hopefully she'll get a booth for that, though.  And some of that chowder.

• Love 9

Hey Lani!  Drop the fuck dead.  And Abe, I'd be fine if you tripped over your pomposity and broke your giant, self important big head.  

I know, I know, Valerie broke patient confidentiality and that's awful, etc.  Except this is SALEM.  BFD.  Lani's lies are beyond protection so Val taking a little peek doesn't and didn't bother me one little bit.  For her to gleefully set up Val to get a blast from that hot air machine that is Abe at his worst is par for the course.

I so wish Show would remember that Abe is not solely a judgemental gas bag but somehow that's all they have him do or be.

Val needs to kick them both to the curb, as does Eli.

Edited by boes
  • Love 14

If I actually thought that Lani was intelligent, I would say she started the whole confession and reluctantly let it slip about Valerie. But she is not. Because she is seriously stupid if she thinks Valerie forcing her to tell the truth is why all this all blew up in her face. It was her stupid lies. She was not with JJ when she slept with Eli. At the end of the day, the way Lani has acted never convinced me that she lied because she was afraid that JJ was going to kill himself.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 9

Silver Raven, Chloe's wealthy admirer being from Mexico just seems convenient in terms that lately Theresa has been mentioned. An interesting 'coincidence'. In all the years that Chloe has been doing opera, no rich benefactor has come her way?

I can't believe that the Salem gossip rag hasn't set up a table at Horton Square in order to hear all the dirt from the town's inhabitants. Especially the Hortons!

It doesn't make that much sense that the DiMera security system had to be turned off to test the new one.

Has Abigail ever needed reading glasses before? You would think in a court case, that whatever printing would be used in documents would be at least 12 point font size. I also laughed at Exhibit A, B, etc. Very few trials have 26 items or less in terms of 'evidence'.

Lani, how nice of you to wrap your 'father' around your little finger. Oh woe is me and now I will pin it on your girlfriend! She screwed up, she made the choices that had unfortunate consequences. She lied repeatedly.  Lied to the man she 'loves' - codependency.  Only told the truth to the real father so her father's girlfriend wouldn't blow her story. Throw Valerie under the bus - you lied, you acted suspicious. Valerie's sixth sense kicked in - sure, she made the mistake to look at your patient record. You also had the choice to go to a different hospital or clinic. I'd be more sympathetic to an 18 year old but not a woman who is probably around 30. Lani, you lied to protect you and yourself and thou only. Seriously you could do what a lot of people do when they are upset - go home and have some cookies or eat some ice cream. Not just hop in to another dude's bed.  Your breakup with JJ just seemed callous. Maybe you thought of him as a decent mealticket. Good Horton name. Til someone better came along.

Gabigail/Dr. Laura - what a whopping statement to make about Gabi. With Rafe' out chasing a lead about a witness who saw Gabi on the murder night, doesn't Salem have any security type cameras where Gabi would have been spotted driving?

Jennifer looked nice.

• Love 7
17 hours ago, boes said:

I know, I know, Valerie broke patient confidentiality and that's awful, etc.  Except this is SALEM.  BFD.  Lani's lies are beyond protection so Val taking a little peek doesn't and didn't bother me one little bit.  For her to gleefully set up Val to get a blast from that hot air machine that is Abe at his worst is par for the course.

I feel this way when I see posts about how unforgivable Tripp's actions are as well.  Yes, if we were in the real world, Tripp would never be able to be near patients or a hospital again but this is Salem.  If Hope and Rafe cold get their badges back after actually killing Stefano, Tripp's little attempted murder could be easily overlooked :)

• Love 13
On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 5:19 PM, buffynut said:

LOL  - this is hilarious.

I did cry a bit when he realized that he couldn't see.  I grew up with Patch & Kayla.  Bo & Hope.  I hate Rafe and hope she kicks him to the curb, so to speak.  

• Love 5
On 3/30/2018 at 11:33 PM, boes said:

How exactly were her lies beyond protection? It doesn't matter who she was lying to, or for what reason, she still has the right to keep her medical records private and for patient-doctor confidentiality. And, I swear, this is one of those times where I feel I must have hit my head and was watching a different feed of the show. How exactly did she GLEEFULLY set Valerie up? What exactly in her face or voice or demeanor suggested she did it gleefully? She let it slip that she was forced to reveal the secret. Then she tried to backtrack fairly convincingly, but Abe wouldn't let it go. Yeah, she glared at Valerie when she arrived on the scene, but that still doesn't translate to gleeful. I was fine with her not looking like she was sorry for anything Abe was about to say to Val. She can't control what her father chooses to do with that information, and Lani was under no obligation to keep something from her dad to protect Valerie anymore than Valerie was under any obligation to keep something from her son to protect Lani. 

I think what Valerie did looking at Lani's medical records was pretty crappy. Yes, Lani's lies were crappy too, but as the old adage goes, "Two wrongs don't make a right." I'm fine with Valerie at least getting a little blowback for what she did.

On 3/30/2018 at 8:52 PM, kitmerlot1213 said:

Over the top?  I think I'm being generous.  Lani's lies have helped to destroy two relationships--Eli/Gabi and JJ/Lani--she's hurt JJ and Eli and their families with her concealing the truth about her baby's paternity, she forced Kayla to keep her secret from her own nephew and Lani did all this without any guilt.  She smiled and lied straight to everyone's faces and she did it without a shred of shame.  The only time she felt bad about anything was when Kayla or Val questioned her and pierced her self-delusion. 

So yes, I think anyone who can lie so easily and hurt people without a shred of guilt is massively cruel and heartless.

I'm going to agree with the original post that I feel this is pretty over the top. I did not see Lani being heartless or setting out to be cruel. And, you seemingly contradict yourself. You say that Lani felt not a shred of shame and then in the next sentence say she only felt bad about it a few times. Either she felt no shame at all or she did. It can't be both ways. I guess my main difference with you and with most everyone else here is that I saw plenty of guilt from Lani over this. Other than a few times with JJ,  for months Lani barely seemed at ease and eight times out of ten looked on the verge of crying. She actually did burst into tears a few episodes ago when Jennifer was lavishing praise on her. 

It feels a little weird for people to be acting like Lani committed the most egregious lie in the history of soaps.  If she were truly as heinous as some claim, she probably could have even just kept the lie going by perjuring herself. While Lani should have told JJ the truth, I can't say that in her position I wouldn't have at least considered lying to. After finding out the man I love almost just committed suicide I wouldn't be in any rush to even give him minor bad news let alone that I got knocked up by some other guy - bonus it happened the night you were thinking of killing yourself. 

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

How exactly were her lies beyond protection? It doesn't matter who she was lying to, or for what reason, she still has the right to keep her medical records private and for patient-doctor confidentiality. And, I swear, this is one of those times where I feel I must have hit my head and was watching a different feed of the show. How exactly did she GLEEFULLY set Valerie up? What exactly in her face or voice or demeanor suggested she did it gleefully? She let it slip that she was forced to reveal the secret. Then she tried to backtrack fairly convincingly, but Abe wouldn't let it go. Yeah, she glared at Valerie when she arrived on the scene, but that still doesn't translate to gleeful. I was fine with her not looking like she was sorry for anything Abe was about to say to Val. She can't control what her father chooses to do with that information, and Lani was under no obligation to keep something from her dad to protect Valerie anymore than Valerie was under any obligation to keep something from her son to protect Lani. 

I think what Valerie did looking at Lani's medical records was pretty crappy. Yes, Lani's lies were crappy too, but as the old adage goes, "Two wrongs don't make a right." I'm fine with Valerie at least getting a little blowback for what she did.

I'm going to agree with the original post that I feel this is pretty over the top. I did not see Lani being heartless or setting out to be cruel. And, you seemingly contradict yourself. You say that Lani felt not a shred of shame and then in the next sentence say she only felt bad about it a few times. Either she felt no shame at all or she did. It can't be both ways. I guess my main difference with you and with most everyone else here is that I saw plenty of guilt from Lani over this. Other than a few times with JJ,  for months Lani barely seemed at ease and eight times out of ten looked on the verge of crying. She actually did burst into tears a few episodes ago when Jennifer was lavishing praise on her. 

It feels a little weird for people to be acting like Lani committed the most egregious lie in the history of soaps.  If she were truly as heinous as some claim, she probably could have even just kept the lie going by perjuring herself. While Lani should have told JJ the truth, I can't say that in her position I wouldn't have at least considered lying to. After finding out the man I love almost just committed suicide I wouldn't be in any rush to even give him minor bad news let alone that I got knocked up by some other guy - bonus it happened the night you were thinking of killing yourself. 

The beauty of individual viewing.  I saw Lani craftily and gleefully diverting Abe from his incipient anger/disgust with her to an easy target, Valerie, for her violating Lani's  medical history.  Lani is the master at making herself the victim - remember when her drunken one night stand in Florida was all JJ'S fault and how mad she was at him for not remembering?  She knows her father well enough to know he'd refocus his anger onto someone else rather than her, if he could.  This version of Abe is eager to protect his children at all costs, even when they're in the wrong.

I personally don't have a problem with what Valerie did, considering the con Lani was pulling on everyone, one that's IMO a helluva lot crueler than Val looking at her records and confronting her with the truth.  She didn't tell anyone else.

Val did one dubious thing here - Lani did so much more, with close up knowledge of the damage lying about paternity can do.  

ETA - I saw Lani's tears not as regret, but as fear of what she'd done,  fear of being caught.  And this "I did it for JJ" is a late to the party justification.  As I saw it, she lied to protect the relationship she wanted, with JJ, when the truth of her slip with Eli might have derailed that.  It was for her benefit, not JJ's.  This being a unselfish act is spin.

That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

Edited by boes
  • Love 12
(edited)
7 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I haven't contradicted myself at all--I have always maintained that Lani only feels bad when she is forced to face the truth, when Val or Kayla makes her see how all of her lies are going to blow up in her face and hurt her baby.  That is the only time she feels any guilt or shame.  We saw her in scene after scene with JJ and her dad and the Hortons with a bright smile on her face, talking about how easy her pregnancy is and how happy she and JJ are.  The only time I ever saw any doubt was when Eli, Val or Kayla refused to go along with her fairytale and that's when we saw the tears.  The tears weren't for her baby or JJ, they were for herself and how her world was going to implode.

And like boes said, this is the wonder of watching scenes through our individual perspectives.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 7

I see the Val thing as 2 separate issues:

• She broke the law by looking at the records...and told Eli (right?)
  • Lani confessed on the stand to the affair b/c of Gabi/Justin/Trask...and told JJ b/c he's actually not as stupid as people think

Val didn't make Lani tell the truth about the baby. She was pressuring her, sure...but the truth came out for other reasons. Be pissed at Val for the medical records and the pressure but this is ALL ON LANI. It's not on anyone else but her. She lied.

• Love 12

We learned all we needed to know today about Miss Lani Price--"I wish the secret had stayed hidden."  She doesn't regret any of her lies, only that she got caught.  Abe, congrats on what a prize your daughter is.

And I'm confused on when it's okay to tell other people's secrets.  According to Ciara and half of Salem, Claire had no right to tell Hope Rafe's secret, yet, Maggie thought Victor was wonderful for his telling Eve Brady's secret and Abe is beyond butthurt that Val didn't tell him Lani's secret.  I guess it all depends on who's a fan favorite.  Personally, I love it when secrets are spilled, especially if it's in front of the town gossip :):)

I think Camila Banus has been turning in superb performances--it all started with JJ's plans to kill himself onto Gabi's murder trial.  Her Gabi has run the gamut of emotions and I truly believe she's scared out of her wits to lose her daughter and her freedom--I'm at a loss as to why CB wasn't nominated for an Emmy but MM was.

• Love 18

I'd love to know what Ron's long term plans are for Stefan.  Right now, it's entertaining enough, with his infatuation with Gabby, and the Dr. Laura interactions.   But at the same time, it's making him look almost as mentally ill as Abby. He's supposed to be this great "business man", but he's hopelessly in love with, and knowingly wasting all his time, with women that aren't real.  When someone finally calls the real Dr. Laura, she's going to have 2 patients to treat.

Wasn't thrilled to see the Abe I hated during the Theo shooting storyline make a re-appearance.  I thought when he mentioned not knowing Lani was his daughter for so long, that would be the softening point, but he still drove Val away.  I hope he's planning another trip to visit Theo soon.

Seriously, Justin. No defense witnesses.  Poor Gabi.

• Love 9

"I paid JJ's bail." "So he's free?" Uh, that's what usually happens, Officer, when a person makes bail.

"One of the most feared attorneys in all of Salem." Not that that's much of a bar. Especially when that attorney just tried a murder case without presenting any witnesses.

• Love 8

Stephan tells the DA that he's interested in Gabby (with a Y).  So when the truth finally comes out (next month, I assume;  please don't let it be Sept.), Trask better arrest his ass as an accessory after the fact.  Because he gave it all away that he knows Abby is mentally ill.   I cannot stand this storyline.

• Love 10
(edited)

Gosh, wouldn't it be a shame if Lani drowned in her tears?  So sad.  Why are people so mean just because she lied about who the father of her kid is?  I mean, mistakes, they happen. Right?

And poor Abe.  How awful it must be to always go on the search to find someone else to blame when your daughter does something stupid and selfish.  He must be exhausted.

Valerie should get herself a dog and count herself lucky to be out of the Carver orbit.

JJ was excellent and Eli was pretty good, too.

Edited by boes
  • Love 13

I don't get Abe. He missed raising two of his children because their mother didn't tell him. Even with Theo, Lexie  lied to him by not telling him that she slept with Brandon and he could have been the potential father. While he could still support Lani, he could also offer his fatherly advice where he tells her it was a good thing the truth came out. Because her baby deserved better than all these unnecessary lies that she told JJ and Eli.

• Love 6

Lani's need and insecurity contributed to all the lies. Once one starts, they seem to snowball. JJ Devereaux is a decent dude. Unfortunately Lani's lies affected quite a few people. Would JJ want to be eager to marry her if she wasn't knocked up? She just seems to care about herself and her needs.

Abe, maybe it is time to go on a nice vacation to get some quality time to think about things. And stop the judgment. You didn't know your adult daughter for most of her life and you probably still don't spend much time with her.

Valerie, you can do better than Abe.

So Chad is seeing something off with Abs. Uh, yeah. You would think that Stefan would pull him aside and tell him about his wife's unusual behaviours. And his suspicion of her having multiple personalities. Perhaps it's time to visit Dr. Evans. Not go on about the woman 'Gabby' that he is smitten with. Stefan, you don't think that Dr. Laura wouldn't let another alter out?

Trask's case against Gabi is all circumstantial. Justin was smart to not put her on the stand as a witness. Justin should also investigate why 'Abigail' as Gabi's best friend, would be 'lying' on the stand.

Eli and JJ both acted like adults,

• Love 7

Lani is truly an odious person.  Caught in all of her lies, she still tries to turn the tables and make it Valerie's fault?  She apparently wants Abe to chastise Valerie.  Abe, of course, is a complete idiot, going off on Valerie.

I am so sick of SS's shitty acting and fake crying.  There is nothing about Lani that makes me feel bad for her.  I only feel bad for everyone that has ever known her.

I love Valerie.

So Chad better figure out something pretty soon.  He clearly knows that Abby is lying.  Call Dr. Marlena, Chad.

• Love 9

Good God, Abe is an ass. I find his upward head tilt with accompanying eye squint of judgement so annoying these days. 

So, at least we get some actual movement on the Abby, Gabby, and Gabi front. This story is so bad it's not even funny bad. Blech. 

I wish the actress playing Lani was better. This is one of the few compelling stories the show has going right now, and she is just so hit or miss. I feel like every other actor featured in this is rising to the occasion except her. 

I need Gabi to commiserate with Jack Jr. I want some substantial one on one bonding over their lives being shattered. Maybe I'll get it If I keep annoyingly banging this drum. Give me something, show. 

• Love 11
10 hours ago, boes said:

Gosh, wouldn't it be a shame if Lani drowned in her tears?  So sad.  Why are people so mean just because she lied about who the father of her kid is?  I mean, mistakes, they happen. Right?

And poor Abe.  How awful it must be to always go on the search to find someone else to blame when your daughter does something stupid and selfish.  He must be exhausted.

Valerie should get herself a dog and count herself lucky to be out of the Carver orbit.

JJ was excellent and Eli was pretty good, too.

And to make it even worst she STILL don't feel guilty about passing the baby off as someone else's. I can almost bet if she end up losing the baby she's going to blame Valerie.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

So Chad is seeing something off with Abs. Uh, yeah. You would think that Stefan would pull him aside and tell him about his wife's unusual behaviours. And his suspicion of her having multiple personalities. Perhaps it's time to visit Dr. Evans. Not go on about the woman 'Gabby' that he is smitten with. Stefan, you don't think that Dr. Laura wouldn't let another alter out?

Stefan needs to come down to earth.

I've never saw TC as a very compelling actor, and this storyline definitely isn't doing him any favors.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Mama No Life said:

If this doesn't lead to Chad and Gabi---OG Gabi--reuniting I'm gonna be pissed.

Well, not really because, DAYS, but still....I need a pay-off.

And have Gabi whining about Chad wanting Abigail in every episode?  No thanks. It would be Nicole/EJ/Sami all over again. Hook her up with JJ or find someone new.

• Love 4
On 3/31/2018 at 1:47 PM, kitmerlot1213 said:

I feel this way when I see posts about how unforgivable Tripp's actions are as well.  Yes, if we were in the real world, Tripp would never be able to be near patients or a hospital again but this is Salem.  If Hope and Rafe cold get their badges back after actually killing Stefano, Tripp's little attempted murder could be easily overlooked :)

Hope and Rafe shouldn't have gotten their badges back -- Hope should never have been a cop again in the first place after she was in prison for trying to burn Bo up in their living room.  But what they did to Stefano doesn't make what Tripp did to Kayla and her patients acceptable.  Kayla is one of the classic heroines on the show -- her attempted murder shouldn't be "easily overlooked."  Especially not given the more appropriate comparison of Joey actually being sent away to prison for killing Ava, who actually did mean them all harm.

To me, it all just comes across as a soulless mess.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, sas616 said:

Stephan tells the DA that he's interested in Gabby (with a Y).  So when the truth finally comes out (next month, I assume;  please don't let it be Sept.), Trask better arrest his ass as an accessory after the fact.  Because he gave it all away that he knows Abby is mentally ill.   I cannot stand this storyline.

They may as well go this route. Lock him up and throw away the key. There is nothing they can do with this character to even remotely redeem him in my eyes. He's completely odious.

And how stupid is Dr. Laura? There's no way in hell she can ever let Abigail out again after all that's transpired. Isn't the point of the alters to protect Abigail? If so, they are doing a horrendous job. Missing a few hours had Abigail running to the hospital. She's now missing days, will have no recollection of going to Hong Kong, and will need to answer for selling her best friend up the river. What could possibly go wrong?!

(I know, I know. Why am I even looking for logical storytelling during this shitshow of a story line?)

I agree with pretty much everyone's take on the Lani situation. The thing that's most frustrating to me is the show's need to make an issue like this black-or-white. Abe can actually be mad at both Lani and Valerie. And that would make some sense. Most people do not have a finite amount and anger to dole out and can see situations from multiple viewpoints.

• Love 8

They really didn't notify Tripp about how bad Steve's condition had gotten before springing it on him in public at his place of work?

Oh, shut it, Abe, you sanctimonious windbag.

Not your call on the father of the baby being in its life, Lani.

That music running during the Abby alters scene was way too loud.

And news break at the half hour mark. But they were only gone for a few minutes.

They should have included Abigail in the alters fight.

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oh gawd, an alters fight?  Were there mirrors involved?

I thought the whole fight thing between the 2 alters was ridiculous.   But I was surprised with the end result (I liked it!)

• Love 3

I missed the first 25 minutes because of the special report. Kinda annoyed I didn't get to see the whole alter fight because what I did see was very bad lol.

1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

Not your call on the father of the baby being in its life, Lani.

Right! She really is the worst. I don't even really care too much about Eli but it's a travesty that they seem to be poised to waste him on her.

I was very surprised by Abigail coming out and going to Marlena. I hope this means a climax is coming and not that they're going to stupidly stall this story again.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

They should have included Abigail in the alters fight.

They didn’t because Abby is still unaware that she has alters or that she killed Andre.

• Love 3

John and Marlena were the voices of sanity with Abe and Valerie. Yes, Valerie admitted she screwed up - but had no regrets! Lani, it is not all about you.

Lani could get a legal document drawn up that would waive Eli's parental rights or she can keep the kid away from him. Lani, when a dude wants to be around his offspring and show some responsibility, that is a good thing. A lot of women have deadbeat dads for their kid(s).

Nice way for Tripp to find out about his father's being blind.

So, the alters were duking it out? And Abigail escaped. The whole door/mind thing wasn't working. As were the stand-ins wearing the respective wigs.

I did enjoy Chad's chess game with Stefan.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, boes said:

Hahaha!  Did Abigail give herself a Dutch rub?

"Gabby" and Doctor Laura were fighting over who gets control.  Doctor Laura locked the door and Gabby attacked her to get the key so she could get out and take over.  While they were fighting, Abigail escaped and wound up at Marlena's office.

• Love 2

I was glad to see John try to point out Abe's idiocy to him.  Abe is insufferable.  

I love Valerie.

24 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

John and Marlena were the voices of sanity with Abe and Valerie. Yes, Valerie admitted she screwed up - but had no regrets! Lani, it is not all about you.

Lani could get a legal document drawn up that would waive Eli's parental rights or she can keep the kid away from him. Lani, when a dude wants to be around his offspring and show some responsibility, that is a good thing. A lot of women have deadbeat dads for their kid(s).

Nice way for Tripp to find out about his father's being blind.

So, the alters were duking it out? And Abigail escaped. The whole door/mind thing wasn't working. As were the stand-ins wearing the respective wigs.

I did enjoy Chad's chess game with Stefan.

I hate Lani, but in the end she relented and said Eli should be part of his kid's life.  No shit.  Eli has been so sweet and supportive to her, even when she is being a jackass.  How this self-absorbed hateful person can get two great guys like JJ and Eli, I will never know.  Team Valerie.  I will be sad if Eli and Gabi split because of Lani and her baby, because I think they are actually a pretty great couple.  But there is always JJ on the sidelines.

I wish Valerie would kick Abe to the curb.  But who else is there for her?  Rafe?  Miguel? Stefan O? Roman?  Blech!

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, bannana said:

I was glad to see John try to point out Abe's idiocy to him.  Abe is insufferable.  

I love Valerie.

I hate Lani, but in the end she relented and said Eli should be part of his kid's life.  No shit.  Eli has been so sweet and supportive to her, even when she is being a jackass.  How this self-absorbed hateful person can get two great guys like JJ and Eli, I will never know.  Team Valerie.  I will be sad if Eli and Gabi split because of Lani and her baby, because I think they are actually a pretty great couple.  But there is always JJ on the sidelines.

I wish Valerie would kick Abe to the curb.  But who else is there for her?  Rafe?  Miguel? Stefan O? Roman?  Blech!

This.  Perfectly said.  

I just started watching and I've already had more than enough of Lani and her father, Colonel Blimp.  

If she does have that kid, it's going to crawl out of the hospital and go into hiding to get away from Mom and Grandpa.  Damn, I just remembered the kid is going to also have Julie as a great grandmother.  Baby is doomed.

Run Val, RUN!  

• Love 10
1 hour ago, boes said:

This.  Perfectly said.  

I just started watching and I've already had more than enough of Lani and her father, Colonel Blimp.  

If she does have that kid, it's going to crawl out of the hospital and go into hiding to get away from Mom and Grandpa.  Damn, I just remembered the kid is going to also have Julie as a great grandmother.  Baby is doomed.

Run Val, RUN!  

Oh, but the best thing is, that Valerie will not run. She is fierce.  Did I mention, I love Valerie?  I want to be Valerie.

And she will take care of Julie.

I am looking forward to this storyline, and, Lani, you are so out of your game.  Don't even try.

• Love 6