Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Dandesun, chiming in to say I'm right there with you re "Outlander."   Love the series and that episode in particular was epic.   And unfortunately, I was online reading about that show while sort of watching today's Days.  EJ and Sami aren't having another wedding are they?  Saw him with the ring making a proposal, but maybe that little speech he made afterward was supposed to be it. Not that I know what it was he said.   Truly. Jamie and Claire put them to shame.

• Love 1

"I couldn't risk losing you again."  Putting aside the fact that EJ never really had Sami until this last go around, could someone explain to me like I'm Brady, HOW:

1) Lying to Sami about Kristen/Eric; and

2) Cheating on Sami

Is NOT risking losing her?  This SL makes no sense, and it keeps getting worse.

I believe Kate really is concerned about Sami.  How I wish Kami had been end game.

Sami's been a complete and total bitch?  I so wish Sami had doused EJ and the boring twit with gasoline and set them on fire.

Something else that really annoys me about this SL.  I am a Sami fan, but I know she has done a lot of horrible things, and there are people in Salem who have a right to be angry with Sami.  However, the cast off mistress is not one of them.  Why does she keep acting like Sami went chasing after her fiancé/husband?

• Love 4

My dvr hates me, so I didn't see today's episode. Is it safe to assume the EJ's newfound love of honesty doesn't extend to telling Sami that he's back in the drug game?

Why.. no he did not!   SUCH a surprise that he didn't, too, since honesty is the KEY to his new pledge of love.  Hmmmmm......maybe he had temporary memory loss after running into Jar Jar Binks Horton in the park.  Realizing that a person had sex with a troll doll might cause that.

Because Abs(olutely Sucks) is a narcissistic, fuckwitted box-of-dry-and-damaged-hair. 

Make that Troll hair.  Abs(olutely Sucks) - (thanks for the name, SwordQueen, it's perfect) - is possibly the most unrealistic romantic lead I can remember from 40 years of soap-watching.  No guy - other than a member of some cult - would find this woman attractive, at least not after the middle of a first date.  And there certainly wouldn't be a second.   Cult members, sentient vegetables and aliens excluded, of course.

When she called Sami a complete and total bitch - that's the REAL Abigail, not the eyes-downcast, lips a-quivering, voice-breaking "I'm so sorry" she puts on for Mommie Dearest and the other Horton elders.  Once again she's telling Ben what to do, this time in regard to Chad.  And this was after she batted her bug eyes at Chad in the bar.  Abigail is not only a mean little shrew, she's going to throw Ollie over in a heartbeat because she's also pretty stupid. Unless she cheats on Ollie with Chad, Chad records it as part of his revenge script and shows it to Ollie......I can dream, can;t I??

All in all, a worthy successor to her sainted mother.

Poor Theresa.   I don't know how she manages to stay awake talking to Bam Bam aka Brady.  The guy is as thick as it gets.  With any luck, Theresa will sneak back in and tell Jawn that he's in the hospital because Doc decked him, hence the cast on her arm.  She's got to fuck with his head while she has the chance.

Once again, good Caroline scenes.  Her struggle to understand and accept the good reasons Hope has for moving on were lovely to watch.  And her refusal to condone Hope in another relationship made such emotional sense for her character.  Peggy McKay is treasure, one we're lucky to still have around and active.  

Edited by boes
  • Love 6

I really don't want Chad anywhere near Abigail's glittery hoo-hay - I'd rather him be with anyone else but her (even if she does have more chemistry with him than anyone else) - I know he'll more than likely eventually succumb to her "charms" but I can dream that he won't.

I'm also hoping that Chad is actually playing Stefano instead of Kate

Weirdly enough I don't mind Hope & Aidan - I just wish they'd handled Bo's exit differently - I almost wish everyone had thought he was dead then what they actually did.

Do love James Read - he'll always have a warm place in my heart because of North & South

• Love 6

Once again, good Caroline scenes.  Her struggle to understand and accept the good reasons Hope has for moving on were lovely to watch.  And her refusal to condone Hope in another relationship made such emotional sense for her character.  Peggy McKay is treasure, one we're lucky to still have around and active.  

She's about the only one who behaves in a realistic manner on the show - her reaction is a genuine one, not contrived or over-the-top or plot driven.  I think it's a sad parting too but how long was Hope supposed to wait for Bo?  If I remember correctly, she wasn't even allowed to have any contact with him at all because of the "deep undercover" BS that he did without her consent.  I think it says a lot for Hope that she waited as long as she did.

Do love James Read - he'll always have a warm place in my heart because of North & South

I love him! I'm not so sure about the character of Clyde, but I want James Read to stay on the show. He's really a great actor even with the schlock they give him. I think he would be a wonderful Bad Guy. Stefano and Victor are on their last legs as Super Villains (and really, Victor has been hamstrung by St Naggie so he isn't a bad guy at all anymore).  Days needs a new Big Baddie.  And don't get me started on the useless Dimera offspring. NuChad's about the only one that shows any promise in that field. Certainly not EJ or Kristen. Sonny's too busy babysitting Will to be a Kiriakis Bad Guy.  A new crime family is needed.

Clyde's first Big Bad act needs to be killing his kids or sending them off to his Villain Hideaway, never to be seen again until new actors become Jordan and Ben.

• Love 3

Yes, I did lap up the bowl of "here, they're leaving, so here's your happy ending" that Days served up yesterday. At least they were indoors. Which is more than I can say for Abby and her latest victim, er, boyfriend. Do the writers have any idea that they've saddled this character with a storage room fetish and a baking addiction? 

I'm still bummed that these dummies squandered the Theresa/Brady potential. They were snarky fun at the AA meeting. Now, they are not fun.

• Love 3

Holy CRAP, but I'm in shock:  Abby actually admitted that she's not perfect.  I know, I'm still in shock :)  Too bad I don't believe her :)

And I love how she wants everyone to forgive her mistakes but she's still holding a grudge on Will.  That my friends, is called hypocrisy.  She's calling Will a jerk for writing the article but she's not calling herself one for having the affair to begin with--this is a prime example of Horton logic, not to be confused with Troll logic.

I did like how emotional Lucas got in his conversation with Sami--we need more of that, show.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 5

God, Abigail is such a jealous hag!

And I totally understood Lucas's POV until he uttered: "Seduced my niece."

Please.

And WHY is everyone Prostrating themselves in front of this self important twit? If I were Will I ( first of all would not have written an article trashing my mom.) would throw her ass out of my house.

Edited by Jewlmc
  • Love 3

Holy CRAP, but I'm in shock:  Abby actually admitted that she's not perfect.  I know, I'm still in shock :)  Too bad I don't believe her :)

Except that she's always running around talking about what a bad person she is so that everybody can pat her on the head and tell her no, she's just a pwecious angel.

• Love 3

I totally support Lucas' disdain for EJ but I wish we got to see him do something other than criticize. Can we get some Lumi flashbacks please?

Will and Abby are loathsome freaks. 

Someone please put a plastic bag over Abby's head and end it all. 

Sonny went from backpacking through Europe to babysitting an overgrown useless man child weasel. What a waste. 

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 3

Except that she's always running around talking about what a bad person she is so that everybody can pat her on the head and tell her no, she's just a pwecious angel.

While hanging out in the square, the pub, the park, Club TBD, and everywhere else for months to snag as many people as possible into paying attention to her.  Ashamed my ass. The way she sits there with that open mouthed smile just waiting to be complimented again. Or tell people off.  Or slap them.  OMG.

When she called Sami a complete and total bitch - that's the REAL Abigail, not the eyes-downcast, lips a-quivering, voice-breaking "I'm so sorry" she puts on for Mommie Dearest and the other Horton elders.  Once again she's telling Ben what to do, this time in regard to Chad.  And this was after she batted her bug eyes at Chad in the bar.  Abigail is not only a mean little shrew, she's going to throw Ollie over in a heartbeat because she's also pretty stupid. Unless she cheats on Ollie with Chad, Chad records it as part of his revenge script and shows it to Ollie......I can dream, can;t I??

All in all, a worthy successor to her sainted mother.

That is so spot on.  I've only seen Monday this week and that had a lot to do with being filled with rage the little shrew was on my TV 3-4 days in a row the other week. I mute but I can't FF live tv.  She is killing this show for me. It's very telling how she pooh-pooh'd the normal jobs Ben suggested for her.

I'm not sure NuChad, JJ and Theresa are enough to keep me interested.  And I think I've made it pretty clear how I feel about Eve and Creepy Clyde.  Speaking of whom, he's blackmailing Kate, right?  She's not really dating him I hope?  Sorry, I'll try to catch up this weekend.

Sonny went from backpacking through Europe to babysitting an overgrown useless man child weasel. What a waste.

To quote Pop Up Victor:  You married him, you didn't adopt him! 

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 3

I don't know why Abigail bothered talking about EJ and Sami to Jordan. That was weird. The conversation went from Rafe and Jordan (which Abigail brought up) and then for whatever odd reason shifted quickly to EJami and their not-normalness (again brought up by Abigail). Then she gets upset that Jordan might have made a comparison between their situations, even though Jordan wasn't the one who brought up the matter.  It was kind of funny how Abigail couldn't fathom how EJ and Sami could get over the infidelity (and whatever else, which I don't think Abigail actually knows about), but Jordan was all "well, if you love someone enough to forgive them...." Was Abigail hoping that Jordan would join in on the gossip to bash them? Maybe she has other things on her mind, Abigail! Can't you tell from her expression of fatigue every time she has to listen to you??

If I were Jordan, I'd probably see Abigail in the same vein as Kate. And if I were Abigail, I'd be worried that Jordan would see me that way. So all of these conversations about cheating and getting back together would feel awkward to me. Then again, Jordan didn't bring up the matter of EJami so I guess the blame for that whole weird conversation falls on Abigail. Also,  the way Abigail was going on today, she seemed to fail how to see how she equally participated in the stupid latest stunt from EJ - he wasn't having sex by himself! If I were her, I'd be relieved Sami wasn't gunning for me anymore so just be happy that EJ is glowing and that their non-normalcy isn't affecting your life!

The way Abigail pauses in conversation before she shadily brings up gossip that she's hoping the other person will agree with also annoys me. 

I would complain about other characters too if Abigail wasn't more annoying than all of them combined!!! 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 6

That’s the Lucas/Sami scene we finally get?  Lucas can hate on EJ all day long, I’m fine with that, but there is no way Lucas believes Sami sucked Kate into anything.  Kami teamed up because they both wanted to, and it was great while it lasted.

The boring twit is jealous that EJ wants Sami, not her.

That scene with Kate/Sami would have been wonderful if it had been revealed that Sami was once again playing EJ to get his protection against Stefano until Kate/Sami can figure out a way to neutralize Stefano.

Why is Sonny still with the sneasel?

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 6

I've only seen Monday this week and that had a lot to do with being filled with rage the little shrew was on my TV 3-4 days in a row the other week.

How many freaking episodes is KM guaranteed in her contract? She's probably been on just as much as AS, if not more. I realize if you don't like Sami you probably think she's on too much, but at least she put in 21 years on this show. What has KM done to warrant the excessive screen time? 

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 6

Glad that we have Susan back all though I was hoping for a little more "polished" version.  She doesn't need to be an "imitation" of Kristen again but a more made over Susan who is still quirky would be nice. 

Can't wait to see Susan reunite with John and Marlena.  I really do hope that Edmund is still around and he is back in England.

Why does Susan have her old teeth? When Kristen came back to town, EJ confused her for his mother. Uh, clearly they look different now.....did the writers forget they wrote EJ confusing Kristen for his mom?

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

Why does Susan have her old teeth? When Kristen came back to town, EJ confused her for his mother. Uh, clearly they look different now.....did the writers forget they wrote EJ confusing Kristen for his mom?

This is why I was hoping that Susan had changed a little.  They can still have her be quirky/weird, but update the wardrobe and teeth some.  I just hope we get 2014 Susan, can't wait.  I love the preview of exasperated tall good looking sophisticated EJ embarrassed by homely Susan.   

Hey EJ, not all the Dimeras are the height of sophistication, remember cousin Marlo, JT's mom.  Marlo and Susan would of had fun together.

Speaking of JT.  I would love to see a SORAS'd JT come back to town and reunite with Hope and the Dimera's.

Haven't watched in about 6 weeks due to the canonising of Saint Abby, but can I just say how loathesome Abby is to still call Will a jerk when she slept with his mom's fiance?  Hypocrite.

Go ahead and write that article about annoying nuChad, William.

Are they trying to turn Chad and Abby into the new EJami by having Chad get 'revenge' on Abbyfail?

So is Ben Rafe in this scenario?  

And it's so weird to have 40-something Rafe fight 20-something Chad over 30-something Jordan.

Too bad for Billy Flynn getting stuck with the vortex of suck that is Abby and her portrayer.  My one wish is that Will and Sonny just ignore Abby from now on.

On one side, it really looks like Sami will forgive Elvis anything, but the other side of it is that Abby gets her face rubbed in the EJami reunion.  JS really put his all into that love scene with AS.  Even though I say EJami is mostly about angry sex, they really showed the difference between EJabbysex vs EJamisex.

I'm happy for all those EJami's that had to live with Abby in between their couple for most of the year.  EJabby who? And praise the soap gods for the lack of KM interviews so far while the focus is on BF and nuChad.

• Love 5

If I were Jordan, I'd probably see Abigail in the same vein as Kate. And if I were Abigail, I'd be worried that Jordan would see me that way.

It does seem strange that Jordan isn't identifying more with Sami then with Abby but then again neither Abby or Jordan are known for their self-awareness.

• Love 2

That’s the Lucas/Sami scene we finally get?  Lucas can hate on EJ all day long, I’m fine with that, but there is no way Lucas believes Sami sucked Kate into anything.  Kami teamed up because they both wanted to, and it was great while it lasted.

I'm pretty GA when it comes to Lucas but those scenes were pathetic. Lucas hates EJ and gosh darn it he has reason to. All good. A scene between Lucas and Sami pre the reconciliation with EJ is a huge missed opportunity. Lucas knows about having a cheating spouse/fiance. Dude has been there in nearly every relationship. I was looking forward to him commiserating with Sami on that particular brand of hell. Lucas still, righteously imho, is anti-Daniel so the idea that he thinks Abby-the-professor-jumper was "seduced" by EJ was nuts. 

Ever since they show made Will EJ's shooter I've been hoping that Lucas would be written as the kind of guy who would go to jail to protect his son. (Imagine using that in a Lucas/Jordan pairing. Actual soapy potential.) Nope. It's Shouty McYellerson in the house. I could tolerate that when he is using his volume to point out that Daniel is a jerk. A truth-telling shouter has a role in Salem. Adding his outdoor voice to the Abby is Awesome! chorus is so dopey I can't even ... Having him worry about Kate was actually dumber. That's a lot of suckage to pack into one scene. 

• Love 3

Ugh, I'm just going to be one more voice in the 'I Hate Abigail' fan club.  This is ridiculous -- literally almost every character on this show has praised that heinous heifer (is that word allowed, because I'm all about alliteration.).  But I did just learn something from her today.  Apparently, when someone is cheated on, their right to their own feelings totally hinges on how 'good' or 'bad' that person is. 

So, Jordan = good =  feeling hurt and angry totally justified  

And, Sami = bad = feeling hurt and angry makes one a total and complete bitch. 

If she is the future of this show, I'm really going to stop watching, which is a shame because I'm interested in a Kate/Chad alliance.  And then I want to watch Theresa lose the other box of hair on this show, and find better things to do with her time.  And Clyde, while a nasty man, is kinda awesome with Kate.  And the actor rocks.  TIIC needs to keep hiring actors like JR, JL and NuChad (don't know the actors name), because they are a boon to the show. 

I know Caroline's feelings are justified and coming from her generation, it makes sense for her to not agree with Hope's decision, however, I really wanted someone to talk to Hope and let her know that she needs to do what will make her happy in life, and she shouldn't feel ashamed for wanting to be with another man.  See, show, this is what friends are supposed to be for -- remember when Hope had girlfriends to talk to? Two of them are even in town right now. 

Edited by SwordQueen
  • Love 5

I think the show has really lucked out with the casting of Nu-Chad (perhaps because of JS's departure and the realization that the rest of the males -- like Rafe, Brady, Eric, Jawn, and Will -- are not that good at walking and talking at the same time,  the producers recognized they had to actually find someone decent to fill the void by JS who on is worst day is still better than GG's blankness???), but my goodness, I have never seen a character quite like Abigail before and it's driving me nuts-o-rama! Maybe JS could have gotten me to watch her in all her annoying glory, but I don't know if I can make that kind of commitment for Nu-Chad, despite the fact that I do think he has a certain charisma that is immediately noticeable (then again, maybe it helps that the previous one was such a hair dud that I'm amazed alone that Nu-Chad is willing wear EJ's leftover wardrobe and actually comb his hair?) Is Abigail supposed to be like Kelly Taylor  who casts judgment on others while failing to see her own flaws, or Joey Potter, who everyone praises?  Nonetheless, despite however annoying they could be, there was still a bit of likability there that could make me understand why they had the kind of popularity they did both on and off the show. Abigail is just completely odd to me....heck, I don't even think Jennifer is this bad.....

On the one hand, I am sort of interested in seeing what happens with Chad because of the actor they cast, who for now, does seem intriguing (and I wasn't expecting that).  On the other hand, this means I have to deal with Abigail, and, ugh, why????

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

Holy CRAP, but I'm in shock:  Abby actually admitted that she's not perfect.  I know, I'm still in shock :)  Too bad I don't believe her :)

And I love how she wants everyone to forgive her mistakes but she's still holding a grudge on Will.  That my friends, is called hypocrisy.  She's calling Will a jerk for writing the article but she's not calling herself one for having the affair to begin with--this is a prime example of Horton logic, not to be confused with Troll logic.

God, Abigail is such a jealous hag!

And WHY is everyone Prostrating themselves in front of this self important twit? If I were Will I ( first of all would not have written an article trashing my mom.) would throw her ass out of my house.

Someone please put a plastic bag over Abby's head and end it all. 

While hanging out in the square, the pub, the park, Club TBD, and everywhere else for months to snag as many people as possible into paying attention to her.  Ashamed my ass. The way she sits there with that open mouthed smile just waiting to be complimented again. Or tell people off.  Or slap them.  OMG.

The way Abigail pauses in conversation before she shadily brings up gossip that she's hoping the other person will agree with also annoys me. 

I would complain about other characters too if Abigail wasn't more annoying than all of them combined!!! 

I Adding his outdoor voice to the Abby is Awesome! chorus is so dopey I can't even ... Having him worry about Kate was actually dumber. That's a lot of suckage to pack into one scene. 

Ugh, I'm just going to be one more voice in the 'I Hate Abigail' fan club.  This is ridiculous -- literally almost every character on this show has praised that heinous heifer (is that word allowed, because I'm all about alliteration.).  But I did just learn something from her today.  Apparently, when someone is cheated on, their right to their own feelings totally hinges on how 'good' or 'bad' that person is. 

So, Jordan = good =  feeling hurt and angry totally justified  

And, Sami = bad = feeling hurt and angry makes one a total and complete bitch. 

Bu...BU....BUT!  Abigail is AWESOME!!  It must be true, I heard Ollie say it.  And then I heard those two -oh-so-funny guys, Sonny and Sneasel repeat it.  ABIGAIL IS AWESOME!  

I'm taking that statement to mean that reality in Salem is judged pretty much the way you'd imagine it is in, say, North Korea.  Or by the people in the novel 1984.  

So if Abigail is awesome, then

Up is down,

Good is bad,

Peace is War,

Deep Dish is really pizza,

Project Runway is TOTALLY judged by skill and taste,

Coke Zero actually means something,

Mitch McConnell ISN'T actually Frances Bavier in drag,

Kayne West is still relevant,

and the Kardashians not only have talent, they have tiny butts.

Spending too much Salem time is like falling down the rabbit hole.

It is always great to see Lucas - now it's about time for it to be great to LISTEN to him too.  Poor Lucas seems to only be allowed out to go on the Salem Nag Tour.  Every month or so, out he pops, to tell or yell or pout at someone.  Even when he's right, I don't want to hear it.  I devoutly hope we're going to get to see this guy in his own fully fleshed storyline soon.  He deserves it and so do we.  And there will be time, unless Abigail and Jenn eat up even more screen time once Sami and EJ exit.

Abigail being such a pisspot to Sneasel.....Since it was Sneasel and I don't care at all about him or his feelings, or his feedings, or even his trips to the vet or if Sonny put down fresh newspaper in his cage, I didn't care that Abigail was mean to him.

I also would have cheered if Sneasel had bared his mouthful of little rat teeth and chased her out of his lair, snapping rabidly as she slimed her way over to Club GimmeABreak.  They are both so beneath contempt.  (Not really, of course - feeling contempt for them both is SUCH fun!)

Was it just me, or were there actual signs of life from Tammy Flue today, in her scenes with NuChad?  I know the actress has it in her - she was paired with Ricky Paul Goldin on All My Children, the most annoying scene stealer on daytime and she held her own.  Maybe there's hope for her if they keep her away from Pretty Lashes Rafe and with Chad.  Now Ollie.....no hope at all.  The best they could do with this guy is have him be declared dead and have him be a 6-pack medical donor.  Some poor Salem guy in desperate need of good abs would finally get his wish - and I'd get mine.  Unless and until Ollie figures out that Abigail is NOT AWESOME he's disposable IMO.

I like NuChad more each time I see him.  And who he's playing, Kate or Stefano - or both - the ride is looking like fun.  

And because it can't be said enough - and will never be said in Salem - Abigail is NOT AWESOME.  She just smells that way.

Edited by boes
  • Love 3

It is always great to see Lucas - now it's about time for it to be great to LISTEN to him too.  Poor Lucas seems to only be allowed out to go on the Salem Nag Tour.  Every month or so, out he pops, to tell or yell or pout at someone.  Even when he's right, I don't want to hear it.  I devoutly hope we're going to get to see this guy in his own fully fleshed storyline soon.  He deserves it and so do we.  And there will be time, unless Abigail and Jenn eat up even more screen time once Sami and EJ exit.

Was it just me, or were there actual signs of life from Tammy Flue today, in her scenes with NuChad?  

I like NuChad more each time I see him.  And who he's playing, Kate or Stefano - or both - the ride is looking like fun.  

I'm hoping once AS/JS leave, they will utilize BD more, because I miss him, too.  He will be needed on canvas, imo, to knock some sense into that numbnut son of his.  I wonder if Allie will stay with Lucas or she'll be banished into the 'soap children closet of SORASing' until she's ready to come back as an angsty teen.  But, anyway, I think its high time Lucas got to have another love interest, and not one that another man has already claimed and/or one that's just using him to get to another man.  But we'd need more characters to come on since the show doesn't have an viable options.  I think he's related to almost everyone (blood and marriage to Sami, which I will count), except Jordan and Nicole (but he's already gone there), right? 

I admit that I enjoyed Jordan and Chad's scenes.  Not as much as when he's with Kate, but definitely more than when he's with Abigail.  Both actors seemed to  be into their scenes, and it definitely seemed to have loosened up Jordan at bit.  But I suspect our NuChad could manage to sparkle while talking to a wet kitchen sponge. 

I'm nervous about the whole John s/l and where that's headed.  I want Theresa away from that whole group of characters.  I really liked her with Brady, but that was shot to hell, imo.  Don't know if they could bring that back after what she did. 

• Love 1

Kate/Sami teaming up would have been the perfect opportunity to have Lucas on more, and involved in this SL.  Sami and Lucas resolving some of their issues, breaking the bed again, revisiting their history and acknowledging where they went wrong, then parting as co-parents and friends would have been a great.  However, this SL was never about Sami.  It was about propping the boring twit, and now it's going to be about EJ's departure (dead, fake dead, whatever), and that is annoying because after 22 years on the show AS/Sami deserved better.  So did Bo, Steve, and Jack.

I like nuChad and Kate working together.  It would have been awesome if Kate, Sami, nuChad had met up together, and been all "Phase Two of the plan is on."  Then Lucas showed up, and said, "What's going on now, and I want in."

I like Theresa and the actress, and I hate these lame SLs they keep putting her in.  Besides I don't believe either John or Brady could be hurt by getting hit in the head with a fire place poker.  There is nothing rattling around in their anyway.  I also wanted scenes with Sami, Theresa, and Ciara.  They are cousins.

nuChad might be able to make Jordan interesting, but the boring twit and Ollie will ruin it with their despicable presence.

• Love 4
I

nuChad might be able to make Jordan interesting, but the boring twit and Ollie will ruin it with their despicable presence.

I picture Abigail getting irritated when NuChad starts showing an "interest" (fake or otherwise) in Jordan. She's already gotten snippy just by hearing his name uttered by Jordan, although I'm not sure why since she seems fixated on EJ and Sami's not-normal-ness. Yeah, everybody has known for the last several years that they're not normal, but....so? She had no problem getting entangled with their non-normalcy when she was in that cabin with EJ. This chick is utterly weird.

Since Jordan didn't seem intent on engaging with Abigail about what was right or wrong with EJ and Sami's relationship, I wouldn't put it past Abigail to bring it up with Ben. 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

Well, I can see why JS and AS asked the writers if they could write the renewal vows for Ejami. After that repetitive, boring and useless conversation between EJ and Abigail (haven't they both said the this same junk before??), they were probably afraid the writers might find a way to have Abigail attend the renewal vow ceremony!

What is up with the repetition on this show?? Sometimes even the dialogue sounds exactly the same, give or take a few words here and there...

The show is morphing into General Hospital which is The Master of Repeated Dialog.  Such tactics are not beneficial to the show or it viewers who are not stupid and do not have the retention of swiss cheese.

• Love 2

The writers knew JS were done at this point, sine he's got a couple weeks left to air. Yet they still have EJ seeking Abby out and having the same conversation with her, which she tells him over and over to leave her alone. 

I don't know what the writers are going for. I do wonder if they intend to recast.

The writers knew JS were done at this point, sine he's got a couple weeks left to air. Yet they still have EJ seeking Abby out and having the same conversation with her, which she tells him over and over to leave her alone. 

I don't know what the writers are going for. I do wonder if they intend to recast.

As monumentally stupid as that scene was, I think the purpose was to show us, once again, that Abby!Awesome is Strong! and So!Over!EJ. Because there's no other way we'd know that. Since all Abby does is hang around HTS and complain about Sami. Couldn't she earn her "awesome stripes" by doing a little volunteer work? Seriously, one line of dialogue would do it. 

Edited by JaneDigby
  • Love 4

I think the writers were hedging their bets in case JS or AS could be persuaded to stay, and it ended up making this story even dumber than it already was.  Corday also for some strange reason wanted to make the fans angry.  He asked for this SL specifically to annoy a certain fanbase, and I don't know why he thought that would be a good idea.  Corday and the writers should concentrate on writing SLs for all the characters that fans will want to watch.  Trying to make viewers like or dislike certain characters or couples is stupid, and it backfired.

I've realized that every character who has possibilities on this show is stuck weighed down with a boring albatross or sneasel.  Theresa, Sonny, nuChad, etc., would be so much better off if they could get out of certain people's orbits.

• Love 6

I've heard Corday never wanted Ejami but was pressured into it, so there's that.  And I agree they were hoping one of them would stay.  I've mentioned this before, but there was that huge disconnect when they dropped the pregnancy storyline and delayed the wedding. 

Jordan's storyline was also interrupted when her friend and Lucas's love interest was here today, gone tomorrow. So for a while I didn't entirely blame Jordan for her storyline being screwed up until she started permanently grimacing.

It looks like all hell broke loose with the writing around that time.  But Dammit Corday, Ejabby started  ten months ago! 

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 3

Even when Kate was trying to break up Lumi and I hated her (hated her HARD) I don't think I hated her as much as I hate The Mistress. She really is jus \t an awful character in every way. Not a single redeemable thing about her.

And Will. Ugh. That treacherous snake. The ONLY reason I don't want him to be waterboarded and then set on fire is because he's Lucas and Sami's kid. But I so want him to walk in on Sonny cheating on him and for him to leave town with his tail between his legs.

Jordan's storyline was also interrupted when her friend and Lucas's love interest was here today, gone tomorrow.

That whole thing with Jordan's friend was so weird. Like WTF was that? Did something happen behind the scenes that required them to get rid of her so quickly?

• Love 3

Supposedly, Sheryl's departure had something to do with a change in Jordan's SL, but Jordan doesn't have an SL.  She has been on the show for over a year, and her story has gone nowhere.

Sami/AS is supposed to have scenes with BD/Lucas on her last day.  I hope to hell they are better than this last scene was.  It actually started out good with Lucas picking the children up from camp, and bringing them to Sami.  Then it went downhill.

I like Kate as a character because she is stone cold, capable of not just scheming, but killing, and makes no apologies for it.  No one goes around Salem praising Kate saying what a wonderful person she is.  One of the things I have hated in the last few years is the idea that Kate, Sami, or Nicole had to be rescued by anyone.  Those three earned their bad girl reps, were survivors, and did not need to be saved by local law enforcement or the local criminals.

I don't know why the boring twit thinks she has the right to be angry with EJ.  EJ is a selfish, lying, cheating bastard, and he looks beyond sleazy and pathetic for nailing his children's babysitter, however, he never made the mistress any promises.  The pathetic whiner is even more out of line for hating on Sami.  She was the interloper in EJ/Sami's relationship.  Sami did not go chasing after the boring twit's fiancé/husband.

When Sami was trying every trick in the book to get Austin away from Carrie, no one was all poor Sami she just loves Austin so much, bad Carrie for not letting Sami have Austin.  People told Sami to leave Austin/Carrie alone.  To stop ruining her own life, and trying to ruin theirs by manipulating Austin into being with her.  And Sami lost Austin every single time.  Sami did not get rewarded for trying to destroy someone else's relationship or life.

• Love 9

Awww, I love treacherous snakes.  Will can be a donkey or a mule, or some insect -- yes I hate insects, Will can be a bug*.   

*Sorry, bug-lovers. 

That whole thing with Jordan's friend was so weird. Like WTF was that? Did something happen behind the scenes that required them to get rid of her so quickly?

That was so freaking strange!  This friend of knew her secret...and then, BAM, she was deported right out of Salem.  Something must have happened and I think it was Ben.  Didn't he come on as she left?  I wonder if they just needed some cuckold for The Abbey to cheat on, I mean, love faithfully.  

BD/Lucas was the one who lost the most, since (can't remember her name) was becoming involved with him.  Which would have meant he'd have a story, and w can't have that.  They need to test him with Eve...just so it would irritate The Jen.  Yeah.

• Love 5

It looks like all hell broke loose with the writing around that time.  But Dammit Corday, Ejabby started  ten months ago! 

To me it looks like the writing went to hell starting last December. That's when the repetitive conversations got a death grip on the show, for one thing. For another, the number of new stories reduced to almost nothing. The Jordan saga stalled, EJ/Sami began the never-quite-have-a-conversation dance, Brady kept going he drug way while everyone around him merely wrung their hands ineffectually, half the cast pondered how to keep Nick's death a secret, Daniel & Nicole "chased" Chyka, etc. With the exception of Abby the Slappy Side Piece every other story was a carry over from 2014. Nothing new. The few new characters with promise - Sheryl/Lucas - were cut short like someone forget to pay the electric bill.

Allegedly the show was  "surprised" when ED opted not to renew her contract in July 2013 and they had to scramble to do some rewriting. CS has said that Jordan's s/l stalled when the casting around an unnamed role fell through. KM has implied that the pregnancy s/l was abbreviated or dropped but given how nonsensical most of her interviews sound (Disney Moment, anyone?) I don't put much store in that. I'd like to think that the tidal wave of disgust around this story kept it from getting worse. The problem is that a) my mind is truly unable to conjure up anything worse and b) this fails to explain Dannifer's continue existence.

It will take sworn depositions, pictures and receipts to convince me that Slappy's story was anything other than a bananas attempt to make Abby/KM a lead. EJ and Sami were supporting characters in this from January to June. 

• Love 4

I don't get why all of the dialogue is always the same. How many times has EJ said the word "care" now?  Fine, write another conversation if you want....I have a grip on reality, I know EJ Dimera isn't a real person and JS is playing a role,  I can deal with it.....but use different vocabulary!!!!

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

I don't get why all of the dialogue is always the same. How many times has EJ said the word "care" now?  Fine, write another conversation if you want....I have a grip on reality, I know EJ Dimera isn't a real person and JS is playing a role,  I can deal with it.....but use different vocabulary!!!!

This happens from time to time.  Almost always the result of incompetent writers, churning out unoriginal, uninspired, nonsensical storylines, which are often incomplete -- not having a proper beginning, middle, and ending, or a fleshed out plot --  leading to poor characterizations and simple, circular dialogue.     

They suck, basically. 

eta:  If a character walks over to a mirror and starts talking to their own reflection, we're about to hit bottom.  Has this happened, already? 

Edited by SwordQueen
  • Love 3

Question: with Sami and her kids leaving, who is still around and in Marlena's family?  Carrie is pff the show....is it just Brady and Eric and Will??? And Jawn?

I forsee dark narrative times ahead for Doc.  Lord help us if they have her befriend Abby!!!

• Love 1

I remember storylines taking time during the Austin/Carrie/Sami/Lucas era -- it would seem to take a couple of years before Sami's schemes would get revealed. However, I don't remember the dialogue actually being the same all the time. Even when Sami would talk to herself in a mirror, there was variety! The variety in dialogue (by Days' or soap standards) would get me through the down-times.

But   EJ literally spews the same thing every time he sees Abigail, even though it seems the conversation is meant to have a different intent in each instance (the last conversation seemed to be written in to give Abigail something to stew about to Jordan rather than to convey actual concern for Abigail from EJ's end, although I had to tune in the next day to figure this out). 

Edited by bantering