Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Today's episode shows that once again, Miss Lani Price is a freakin' scociopath.  There isn't an ounce of guilt on her face as she happily talks about her pregnancy, how she's never ill, how happy JJ is being a dad...None.  No guilt.  No looking uncomfortable when Valerie deliberately brings up conceiving near Christmas means a September baby,  There is nothing on her face but that insipid happy smile.  So either the actress playing Lani is failing to convey any type of guilt or Lani actually doesn't feel any guilt,  Either way, this is a damn painful storyline.

Just when I think Julie's the worst, SSH pulls out some real emotion when she's talking about her pain at losing David and how glad she is to have Eli in her life.

Gabi's hair looked fabulous today and I'm not too sure which Eli is worse at:  being a detective ot being a boyfriend.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 9

Well Lani will eventually get her just punishment when Julie realizes that she is having her great grandchild and is lying about HI being the father. It couldn't happen to a more deserving person.

• Love 4

"If you're going to eat a horse, you don't choke on the tail."  Er, wha?

I'm here for Valerie throwing all that shade.

Poor JJ is going to be devastated when the truth about the baby comes out.

Wanna bet the person on the tape was wearing Gabi's jacket and wig?

• Love 7

Valerie was so fun today. Lani is the worst and I really need the truth to come out asap.

I was not a fan of Gabi's hair/makeup today, but at least she wasn't wearing a cocktail dress for once! I mean, I guess it was basically a cocktail dress, but it was a less nighttime-y one. And then her hair/makeup were full nighttime cocktail. Her style never fails to crack me up.

Every once in awhile I really like Eli, but most of the time he's up there with Rafe on the dull-but-somehow-still-hateable list.

I enjoyed all the Hattie/Anna/Roman/Carrie stuff. 

• Love 7

Gabi made sure to mention that she had left her coat behind.  When Abs was talking to her, the wigs were also shown. She also has a whole lotta look somedays. Maybe it's her being a 'fashionista'. A little much for an office job.

Lani, things will not go well for you as long as you keep lying. You are just using JJ now. Your lies will catch up with you, Valerie or no Valerie.

Hattie/Roman/Anna were funny. Poor Anna, facing the indignity of Tony being flushed down the toilet. How nice that DiMera Enterprises has an executive washroom for its managers.

• Love 6
17 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Today's episode shows that once again, Miss Lani Price is a freakin' scociopath.  There isn't an ounce of guilt on her face as she happily talks about her pregnancy, how she's never ill, how happy JJ is being a dad...None.  No guilt.  No looking uncomfortable when Valerie deliberately brings up conceiving near Christmas means a September baby,  There is nothing on her face but that insipid happy smile.  So either the actress playing Lani is failing to convey any type of guilt or Lani actually doesn't feel any guilt,  Either way, this is a damn painful storyline.

Just when I think Julie's the worst, SSH pulls out some real emotion when she's talking about her pain at losing David and how glad she is to have Eli in her life.

Gabi's hair looked fabulous today and I'm not too sure which Eli is worse at:  being a detective ot being a boyfriend.

i agree about gabi's hair. absolutely beautiful. i wonder if those are natural curls. she should stick with it then. julie is confusing . some times i love her and other time, she is a nasty shrew that i can't stand. like having the old time characters on the show though. lani is horrible , the actress is bad and the character is delusional if she thinks she can pull this off. 

13 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

"If you're going to eat a horse, you don't choke on the tail."  Er, wha?

I'm here for Valerie throwing all that shade.

Poor JJ is going to be devastated when the truth about the baby comes out.

Wanna bet the person on the tape was wearing Gabi's jacket and wig?

that quote was pretty strange wasn't it? i've never heard it before. i get what the meaning is but, yuk. 

lani is a horrible person, messing with a person who only recently was so depressed he almost committed suicide. btw, is he getting counseled about that, besides the lunch in the bar (not the best atmosphere , confidentiality wise) with eric?

• Love 5

Eli really knows the way to a woman's heart, doesn't he?  Questioning Gabi about the murder, and smack in the middle of Horton Square was quite the smooth move.

I do like his obvious affection for Julie, and hers for him.  But even in the best of circumstances, she still grates.  

• Love 6
4 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

You totally nailed it. Crazy Abby dressed up as Gabi to kill him!!!

It could also be Vivian, but Abby would be the more "shocking" reveal.

So what will Lani do? Will Valerie have an accident in the next 24 hours?

I'm starting to like Stefan. Not sure how he'll work long term, but pairing him with Vivian was a good idea.

• Love 6

Lani, enough with the tears. You are only doing the right thing for yourself. Surely as a modern woman you are aware that your real baby daddy will be exposed at some point. Valerie is right. Even if you do something to her in some weird getting even or retaliation, it will come back to you. You need to own your own crap and clean up your own mess.

Did Gabi wear that coat at DiMera on the night of the murder or was it someone else?

JJ as an EMT?

Abs still seems waaaay too interested in Andre.

• Love 8
39 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Lani, enough with the tears. You are only doing the right thing for yourself. Surely as a modern woman you are aware that your real baby daddy will be exposed at some point. Valerie is right. Even if you do something to her in some weird getting even or retaliation, it will come back to you. You need to own your own crap and clean up your own mess.

Did Gabi wear that coat at DiMera on the night of the murder or was it someone else?

JJ as an EMT?

Abs still seems waaaay too interested in Andre.

There is something so creepy about it, which convinces me she must be the killer.  I never understood her "love" for Andre, but since he has died, it is OTT, and as others have said, did she even grieve her own father like this, you know, the one who died to save her life?

• Love 9

I am liking most of what's going on right now, but I just cannot with Abigail and the monotone-ness of her speaking voice and she seems so disassociated with what's going on. I hope she is the killer.

Also, the Lani secret is bound to come out soon, but has there ever been a babydaddy secret that was kept for years and years? I don't mean like a later-in-life reveal, but something we knew all along but the characters did not.

• Love 7

Lani is being ridiculous.  Yes, JJ is vulnerable.  But that is not a good reason to lie to him or Eli.  Her real reason is she doesn't want to lose JJ.  But she is telling Valerie that it is to protect/save JJ.  

Valerie should talk to Abe about this.  Although, she is in a bad position because she has violated her ethics as a doctor.

• Love 9
On 2/5/2018 at 7:39 AM, buffynut said:

The coffin toppling shots were very confusing. Maybe if I'd been watching online it would have been clearer, but watching on my tv from across the room, I had no idea what happened till Vivian explained it. 

What I'd like to know is how those 3 women got Andre back into the coffin, set it back up on the stand and somehow found a whole new casket spray with fresh, unbroken flowers.... 

• Love 8
On 2/6/2018 at 10:09 AM, DisneyBoy said:

You totally nailed it. Crazy Abby dressed up as Gabi to kill him!!!

i hope so! lets get rid of that dishrag.

19 hours ago, buffynut said:

It could also be Vivian, but Abby would be the more "shocking" reveal.

So what will Lani do? Will Valerie have an accident in the next 24 hours?

I'm starting to like Stefan. Not sure how he'll work long term, but pairing him with Vivian was a good idea.

the mystery person does not have the body type of vivian though. i can't stand lani. i don't think she can be redeemed. and the actress is terrible anyway. she and eli can both ride off into the sunset with their little mistake. 

I must admit I was surprised that Lani told Eli about the baby.  I guess Valerie gave her no choice. I am glad the writer's didn't go with Lani trying to kill Valerie, like Josh Griffith probably would have.

Also can't believe I'm writing this, but I actually like Brady and Eve together. I'll never see Kassie DePaiva as being the same character Charlotte Ross played, but after hating Eve during the horrible "JJ cheats on Paige with her MOTHER" storyline, I'm surprised to be liking her now. I really liked her bringing up Claire's music. And love the idea of starting up Bella magazine again, even if realistically it would probably be a money losing proposition since it's no longer the 1990's.

Also liking Ciara, now that she's calmed down. Much better actress than the other girl, who's name I've forgotten, and can't be bothered to Google.  Ciara and Tripp could make a cute couple. Too bad it's probably going to be a love triangle.  Hopefully they'll find another guy for Claire, if "Theo" decides to stay in South Africa longer than a year.

Still wish the "Hope kills Stefano and covers it up with help from Rafe" had never happened.  Otherwise I think I could really find Hope as commissioner believable. But whenever I see her arresting someone for murder, or any crime, I keep thinking she's being a hypocrite. And it doesn't help with Rafe as her constant shadow. Really hope once the inevitable breakup happens, they keep them apart forever. 

Poor JJ.  He is going to be devastated. 

So "Gabi" is shown using her id card to leave Dimera via the elevator.  Assuming the woman in the video is "not Gabi", then how did "real Gabi" get out of the building after she got fired, without her id card?  The other thing I'm trying to figure out is what exactly Vivian and Stefan did that they had the video cameras off for 60 minutes. It would be ironic if somehow Abby killed her "bestie", but then what?  Jail?  Or back to Shady Hills? Either way, the actress would be gone, and I'd be surprised if they've let her go.  Then again, I'm still unsure if they've let Thaao go.

All in all, I'm enjoying the show a lot these days. Maybe it's due to being spoiler-free. Or maybe the show has gotten better.

• Love 11

So "Gabi" is shown using her id card to leave Dimera via the elevator.  Assuming the woman in the video is "not Gabi", then how did "real Gabi" get out of the building after she got fired, without her id card?  The other thing I'm trying to figure out is what exactly Vivian and Stefan did that they had the video cameras off for 60 minutes. It would be ironic if somehow Abby killed her "bestie", but then what?  Jail?  Or back to Shady Hills? Either way, the actress would be gone, and I'd be surprised if they've let her go.  Then again, I'm still unsure if they've let Thaao go.

Weren't there spumors going around

ReRon was going back to the DID train with Abigail, and therefore Abigail's alter may be responsible for the murder.  I am almost positive that RC said something about the show delving deeper into her mental illnes.

ReRon was going back to the DID train with Abigail, and therefore Abigail's alter may be responsible for the murder.  I am almost positive that RC said something about the show delving deeper into her mental illness.

10 minutes ago, drtslim said:

Reveal hidden contents

ReRon was going back to the DID train with Abigail, and therefore Abigail's alter may be responsible for the murder.  I am almost positive that RC said something about the show delving deeper into her mental illnes.

Reveal hidden contents

Hide contents

ReRon was going back to the DID train with Abigail, and therefore Abigail's alter may be responsible for the murder.  I am almost positive that RC said something about the show delving deeper into her mental illness.

Hide contents

To be fair, we are the ones that speculated about the story. Some of us know Ron from his past stints on other soaps, so, it is not hard to deduce Reron's plans..  

• Love 3

So Gabi's boyfriend and her brother are the ones interrogating her, right?  The nepotism in Salem is so thick it's hilarious. I wonder if this will damage Gabi and Eli's relationship.

The ridiculousness of Claire and Ciara is just boring. Will Ciara get all pissy if Claire becomes the face of the new magazine?

That conversation between Eve and Brady was so incredibly awkward.

"I am rooting for you to catch the bouquet."  Hm, Abe, was that a proposal?

Rafe didn't cheat.

"You are not the only suspect here." Just the one we're throwing in jail today.

"She's lucky to have you." Yeah, right, you just tossed her in the clink.

Is Eli really going to keep the baby's paternity a secret?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, buffynut said:

Still wish the "Hope kills Stefano and covers it up with help from Rafe" had never happened.  Otherwise I think I could really find Hope as commissioner believable. But whenever I see her arresting someone for murder, or any crime, I keep thinking she's being a hypocrite. ...

I think I watch soaps much differently than most people.  Considering the show has been on the air for over 50 years, and there have been dozens (?) of head writers, I basically give all of the characters and the show as a whole a re-boot after several years.  None of the characters seem to stay consistent and the same for more than a few years.  I figure this is mostly because of the writing changes - especially lately - but also because it's hard not to write them in to a corner.  Philip has no legs?  Nah, he's just fine.  Jenn and Brady had open heart surgery and should have very visible scars?  Nah, they look good with deep v-necks and shirtless, so forget that.  Hope murdered someone but is now commissioner?  Nah, that never happened.  People come back from the dead, people's parentage changes more often than I change my socks, etc., etc.  If we all try to dwell on character continuity, we'll drive ourselves mad.

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I think I watch soaps much differently than most people.  Considering the show has been on the air for over 50 years, and there have been dozens (?) of head writers, I basically give all of the characters and the show as a whole a re-boot after several years.  None of the characters seem to stay consistent and the same for more than a few years.  I figure this is mostly because of the writing changes - especially lately - but also because it's hard not to write them in to a corner.  Philip has no legs?  Nah, he's just fine.  Jenn and Brady had open heart surgery and should have very visible scars?  Nah, they look good with deep v-necks and shirtless, so forget that.  Hope murdered someone but is now commissioner?  Nah, that never happened.  People come back from the dead, people's parentage changes more often than I change my socks, etc., etc.  If we all try to dwell on character continuity, we'll drive ourselves mad.

The one thing that soaps have over other genres is their longevity and the intimacy that the viewers form with the characters  and families on the show.  These people come into our lives for years, once they are no longer consistent in who they are, what is the point of watching. I find it funny, how primetime serials, like, this is us, have incorporated elements that are associated with daytime. They are popular and have gotten lots of accolades by viewers and critics alike. Yet, daytime has tried to imitate other genres and that has cost them, viewers over the years. I remember as a kid, there were soaps on the three main channels at the time, from 12:30 till 5pm everyday.  Each was unique and had loyal viewers. Now, we only have 4 soaps spread out over 3 networks..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 8
On 2/5/2018 at 8:56 AM, Apprentice79 said:

Will was wrong to have trashed Sami. After Sami showed how much she loved him, after defending him from Nick.  Will never thought about how that article would affect his younger siblings.  It is tiresome that he is always going after Sami. Give it a rest!  It is why a lot of fans on here started to really dislike Will. He showed more love and loyalty  to Abigail who hurt his mom.  Sami was humiliated and hurt, instead of Will giving her love and support, he just twisted the knife. Part of me felt bad for Sami, but, another part of me, felt Sami got what she deserved.  She spent most of her life hurting others with hardly any remorse.. I remember my grandmother used to say , how you treat your parents, your kids will do the same to you.  So, Will is to Sami, what Sami was to Marlena..

Then Ari will really pour it on Will.

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I can overlook a lot of things that happened in the past and are never referenced again.  And I was ok, happy even, with the Prague storyline showing Stefano still alive. It made no sense, but I was willing to overlook everything that happened with Hope and Rafe and the coverup. But then they had to ruin it all by making Stefano be Shane wearing a Stefano mask!!!!   

There was, of course, that final weak attempt to suggest Stefano was still lurking about out there, and I'd even have taken that crumb if it meant Hope hadn't shot an old man in a wheel chair, dragged his body into a building about to be demolished, then framed his son for the murder, all with Rafe's help.

But then the show goes and references the murder over and over. Didn't Carrie say something about it to Hope just last week? So I find it hard to forget it happened.

• Love 4
59 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Rafe didn't cheat.

They were on a break!

I was so surprised Lani told Eli. Although now I assume Eli is probably just going to agree to keep it a secret, which will annoy me.

I'm kind of excited about Brady and Eve reviving the magazine.

I love Ciara/Tripp. If only Claire wasn't involved lol.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, buffynut said:

But then the show goes and references the murder over and over. Didn't Carrie say something about it to Hope just last week? So I find it hard to forget it happened.

I don't remember Carrie saying anything, but she might have. I haven't heard his death referenced in a long time, but maybe I don't pay close enough attention. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Rafe didn't cheat.

No, technically, he did not. But how would you feel if your fiancé slept with his ex the same day (or the next day?) after you broke up?  

You know, Rafe makes me so mad.  How he treated his own sister made me sick today.  She swore that wasn't her on the video, and he really acted as if he didn't believe her.  After all he and Hope has done ill-legal wise;  to adhere to the law as if they're saints & treat their family like they have just makes me crazy.  Salem PD has always been horrid, but now they're just ridiculous.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I don't remember Carrie saying anything, but she might have. I haven't heard his death referenced in a long time, but maybe I don't pay close enough attention. 

Just because I needed to know if my memory was correct, I Googled for Days recaps and found them here: http://soapcentral.com/days/recaps/2018/180129.php#thu

And from last Thursday:   Scoffing, Carrie countered that Hope could have chosen a different way to handle the situation, just as Roman had chosen to protect Hope and Rafe when Hope had shot Stefano and Rafe had helped cover up the crime

• Love 4

My access card does not need to be used to exit my building. Just to get to the office areas and the washroom. Maybe the door was unlocked, or Gabi managed to find a door that was just closing.

In this modern age, you don't need to get married because you are having a kid. Six weeks ago, JJ was this close to offing himself. Probably not a good plan to decide to get married - guilt, obligation, etc. Would he want to marry Lani if she wasn't 'with child'? Asking Abe for permission seems a bit odd, since Abe and Lani don't seem particularly close.

At least Lani was honest with someone. And told the baby daddy that he is the baby daddy. It would be devastating to both JJ and Gabi that this secret was being kept and both the relationships were lies.

I can see Bella being re-started as an online magazine. That is where the money is now. With services like Texture (in Canada) you can get a bunch of magazines for $10/month online or so. Print, for a new magazine, is very expensive. Claire, Ciara, who cares. At least Eve may have something interesting to do. The rose looked really fake.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

At least Lani was honest with someone. And told the baby daddy that he is the baby daddy. It would be devastating to both JJ and Gabi that this secret was being kept and both the relationships were lies.

Yes, she had no choice, though.  What is she going to say to JJ?  I have a feeling that she's just going to keep the lie going, somehow.  And you know what?  It's not anyone s responsibility what happens to JJ.  He is an adult and I don't know why anyone should protect him. 

I do feel bad for Abby.  Poor thing...lol

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Tress said:

'Wait a minute - Gabby!  Sheesh I always get those 2 mixed up.  I feel sorry for Gabriel - not Abigail.  

I hate that their names are so similar.  BLAH

Don't feel bad.  Chad kept getting their bodies mixed up, not to mention their names.

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Any scene with Lani is just horrid. I'm sorry, I really do hate to say it, but it's true. Criticizing the acting is petty and unfair, but her scenes are unwatchable. 

Yes, she is horrid and gives women a bad name.  She is a cop, and all she does is weep and lie her way around town.

• Love 8
On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 12:03 AM, annabel said:

Also, the Lani secret is bound to come out soon, but has there ever been a babydaddy secret that was kept for years and years? I don't mean like a later-in-life reveal, but something we knew all along but the characters did not.

I think we all knew that Will wasn't Austin's child from the moment of conception, but Sami kept up the charade for a LONG time. Sami knew, but Austin and Lucas did not.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Any scene with Lani is just horrid. I'm sorry, I really do hate to say it, but it's true. Criticizing the acting is petty and unfair, but her scenes are unwatchable. 

I think "criticizing the acting" is why this board exists:):)  The actress playing Lani is paid to act and to act believably and she is not doing her job very well.

Can I say that I like Ciara and Tripp in their scenes together?  When she's not being insane, she is actually rather adorable but i do not want another triangle involving Claire.

So I don't know if you're aware that the Eagles won the Super Bowl--I say that jokingly because I live in the Philadelphia area and my NBC affiliate will be showing their victory parade.  ALL DAY.  I'm going to have to wait for the episode On Demand.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, plurie said:

I think we all knew that Will wasn't Austin's child from the moment of conception, but Sami kept up the charade for a LONG time. Sami knew, but Austin and Lucas did not.

Sami actually believed that Will was really Austin's child. She later found out the truth and chose to suppress the information, for her own purposes.  

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Tress said:

You know, Rafe makes me so mad.  How he treated his own sister made me sick today.  She swore that wasn't her on the video, and he really acted as if he didn't believe her.  After all he and Hope has done ill-legal wise;  to adhere to the law as if they're saints & treat their family like they have just makes me crazy.  Salem PD has always been horrid, but now they're just ridiculous.

I'm sorry, but what?  Everyone here complains about the rampant nepotism in the lovely fictional Salem PD, noting that everyone gets away with everything even when they are guilty.  But now that it's everyone's beloved (gag) Gabi, people WANT Rafe to show nepotism??  Waffle, much?  There is enough evidence against her to at least keep her for questioning.  He said he believed her that she didn't do it, but he's looking at actual evidence.  For once Rafe is doing his job - but clearly he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.  The character might be a hypocrite, but the fans are too.  

ETA:  Oh, and, Gabi as a murderer is not a far stretch, considering, oh I don't know - she's murdered before!  Call it self defense or whatever you want, but she did the crime and did the time.  She could do it again...  

Edited by FnkyChkn34
  • Love 2

Tripp needs to let his hair grow out.  As short as it is, he looks like a little kid.

Why do people on this show always ask, "What are you doing here?" when they have a perfect right to be wherever they are.

Lani is a police officer, JJ, you don't have to "provide" for her.

Do we know who Pamela Van Dam is? Yep.  It's ISA.

Man, this looked like a Friday cliffhanger.  There is a show tomorrow, right?

• Love 7

I must be getting soft in my old age, as I'm really enjoying the show these days.  Even Claire and Tripp.  Tripp has way more chemistry with both Claire & Ciara than Theo ever did. Or maybe the writing for the teens as improved. Though Tripp is in his 20's, right. They seem to have de-aged him, as he seems more like Ciara & Claire's peers now.

So did anyone "not" expect that ISA agent to be there when Paul stepped forward. It was totally expected, but perfect. So will the ISA hold Paul hostage now? Obviously Steve is going to be in the hospital, so it will be harder for his best friend to keep spiking his drinks.  Why would the ISA want Steve dead, anyway? Something to do with Ava or Tripp, maybe? Or something else from the past? Hope it makes sense, whatever it is. And I thought the ISA were the good guys.

I like how they've written the baby story, with the complication of Valerie never telling Eli about his real father, and now Eli having to make a similar choice for his child. 

Today did seem like a cliffhanger Friday show. Wonder what tomorrow will bring?

• Love 8

Sorry,  but if I were Lani,  I would have reported Valerie so fast!  There is a reason for HIPPA, and this is a prime example.  

Lani is in the spot she is in because of JJ. He overheard her on the phone and jumped right in to his own conclusions.  (Why does everyone on this show pick the last private places to have private conversations?  I cringe every time there is a scene in the park for this very reason) At any rate,  if her phone Congo had just been to tell Kayla that she would be over to talk to her,  this whole story would be over and done with before it started.  Valerie is completely overstepping her bounds,  and her rush to judgement does not sit well,  especially since she did the same thing.  What if Julie had pulled a stunt like that with her? 

Though I'm not a fan of Lani's characterization, she has been stripped of any control she might have had. 

Though Andre was just starting to get interesting,  I'm certainly not going to miss his bad/overdone makeup.  He's looked like a corpse for years.  

I can't get on board with the whole "John hs to kill Steve" sl. Something just doesn't ring true for me,  as it's out of character for ISA business, imo.

• Love 2

Lani is in the spot she is in because of JJ. He overheard her on the phone and jumped right in to his own conclusions.  (Why does everyone on this show pick the last private places to have private conversations?  I cringe every time there is a scene in the park for this very reason) At any rate,  if her phone Congo had just been to tell Kayla that she would be over to talk to her,  this whole story would be over and done with before it started.  Valerie is completely overstepping her bounds,  and her rush to judgement does not sit well,  especially since she did the same thing.  What if Julie had pulled a stunt like that with her? 

Lani is in this spot because of Lani.  She chose to lie (by omission) and let JJ believe that the baby was his when she knew that it wasn't.  And it's not like she cheated on JJ since they weren't together (Eli is the one that was still in a relationship at the time of the ONS).  What Valerie did is definitely unethical (and illegal); but if Lani were to report her, her lie would also come out.  Also, I think that Valerie is being this overzealous in her efforts to find out the true paternity of Lani's baby because of her guilt over her own lies and she's trying to make sure that he isn't denied a relationship with his child the way he was denied a relationship with his father (definitely hypocritical, but understandable to me).

• Love 11
13 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

So I don't know if you're aware that the Eagles won the Super Bowl--I say that jokingly because I live in the Philadelphia area and my NBC affiliate will be showing their victory parade.  ALL DAY.  I'm going to have to wait for the episode On Demand.

Not that it helps you now, but it aired on Cozi tv today.  NBC10 often switches over to that channel if they know there is going to be breaking news.  The parade, and Jason Kelce, was EPIC!!!

In Days related news:

Lani, you suck!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, lb60 said:

In Days related news:

Lani, you suck!

You said it perfectly.  It's JJ's fault that she lied about him being the baby's father, it was JJ's fault that she slept with Eli, it will be Eli's fault if things blow up with JJ, and I'm pretty sure it's somebody's fault that she's such a total asshole.

I do love JJ, always have since he first came back to Salem.  Even in his bad boy days I loved him.  Giving Jenn and the dreadful Daniel grief was pretty wonderful.  Casey Moss lights up the screen every time he's on IMO.

I do love Abe, but even when he's in a good mood, he's still just so stuffy.  He's the sort of guy I always expect to hear say "Harummpf!!", or "You kids get off my lawn".  

I may be in the minority but I'm enjoying the Steve poisoning storyline - mostly because of Kayla and Steve.  It's nice to see them facing a problem together without feeling like Kayla is being put upon because of something Steve did or brought into her life.  In any case, they're the best couple IMO on Days.

I really enjoyed Ciara today, never liked her so much  - and that's totally because she wasn't on.  Way to go, Show!

• Love 13

Abe has come a long way from hating JJ a few weeks ago to more or less welcoming him to the family. It is still not necessary to get married. Valerie did say some pretty smart things today, so I will give her that.

Lani is to blame for Lani. Her choices do have consequences. JJ has nothing to do with her lying about him being the daddy. It is not JJs fault that she and Eli hooked up. She could have knocked on JJs door and that would have led to a different story. No one forced her to be with Eli. Eli is also old enough to use protection. Surely he keeps some around.  As is Lani. She also could have gone to the drugstore to get the morning after pill, if necessary. She also made the choice to go to Eli's instead of going home and getting upset about seeing JJ and Gabi, and jumping to all sorts of conclusions - her fears and her issues - and just did... nothing.

Will, it is probably not a good idea to confront John. And Paul, this private eye stuff isn't working for you.

Claire, don't count your magazine cover chickens before they hatch.

• Love 11
On 2/7/2018 at 3:58 PM, Silver Raven said:

The ridiculousness of Claire and Ciara is just boring. Will Ciara get all pissy if Claire becomes the face of the new magazine?

I'm thinking the "competition" is going to come down to the 2 of them in the end.

• Love 6

At least it might mean we get some scenes of Claire and Brady together. I don't think Claire even had contact with family since the previous incarnation of Ciara left town and Claire threw a tantrum at Victor's place. (other than Hope and her parents)

On a related note (ha!), it would be nice if Carrie and Eric shared a scene.

Prediction: Ron transitioned JJ into being an EMT so that he would be the one to deliver Lani's baby.

Another Prediction: perhaps Ron flashed back to Steve having Shane impersonate Stefano because that ties into the ISA's reasons for wanting Steve dead. Maybe the ISA is just fed up with Steve going rogue and doing stupid shit. After all, he used them to create a fake manhunt for Stefano in Prague....and he called in a favor with the ISA to have them cover for Joey murdering Ava, only to then have Joey admit the whole thing was a cover, which probably made the ISA look extremely bad. Maybe the ISA is all "F U Steve!!" at this point.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 5