Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Lani, stringing along a vulnerable and emotionally struggling JJ is not a good idea. Be upfront with him that you had a one night stand with someone and this is not his baby. He will find out and then your world will really crumble.  Maybe tell Eli the truth and then the two of you can figure out how you are going to deal with both JJ and Gabi. It will not end well.

Abigail's dress was an odd choice for work - more like an early summer dress and I really don't like the cold shoulder tops/dresses. A simple suit/pantsuit would work nicely.

Thought Stefan's office body language was inappropriate.

Eve, I hope on some level that you are also playing Brady. Vivian should have gone to the police about Brady's hands around her neck.

What exactly is GabiChic?  

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, Rowan said:

The Stephan/Abby scenes. Man, oh man. The actors were trying, but it's asking too much to sell that horrible dialogue. Gah, that shit was embarrassing.  

You're screwed, Lani. You just gave a recently suicidal man something to hope for. Damn, girl. 

I have less of an issue with Lani sleeping with Eli than I have with Eli sleeping with Lani. He's wrong here. He knows damn well Gabi would  probably end it with him if she knew. 

I wonder if Gabi will get pregnant too.  Once that happens, I know what Ron will do..

• Love 3

I do enjoy me some Tyler Christopher, so I am disappointed at what's been written for him so far and that I am going to have to put up with Chad and Abby to watch him. He does do the entitled SOB so very well. Also, Lani, who makes a personal call to a doctor, or to anyone really about a sensitive matter without having some kind of privacy.

• Love 4

To say I'm underwhelmed by Stefan O. would be giving the false impression that I'm whelmed in any way.  Not.  This GH refugee can only work with what he's been given, I guess, but so far all I see is a sale table Nickolas Cassidine.  And I just don't need another one cluttering up the place.

I so wish that instead of a Stefan O., Ron C. had instead given us a returning Stephan-E.  As in Johnson.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Why is Abigail dressed like a ghost?

Are we really going into the new CEO joking about sexual harassment?

Yeah, let's talk about our personal stuff right out there in public where anybody can hear it.  Especially since she's a cop, it was at the police station, and any perps and lawyers could have heard.

"You must be the Widow Kiriakis.  Your face is ravaged with grief."

Brady was actually strangling an old woman? She should have him arrested.

Hm. Stefan is also involved in the hacking.

omg. what the hell is she wearing? to work no less.  i couldn't decide if she were trying out for the part of an angel who is trying to look sexy, in a play or what!! she looks friggin ridiculous!

• Love 3
4 hours ago, annabel said:

I have yet to meet anyone in real life wearing the no-shoulders look, but when/if I do I will say WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?

I see people of all ages wearing the no-shoulder look all the time.  I'm in Illinois (I read somewhere that they had confirmed that this show takes place in Illinois - which is kind of funny since the real Salem, IL is NOTHING like this Salem...) and it seems to be a really popular look around here.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I thought Gabi's dress was much more work inappropriate than Abigail's. Although I don't actually know what Gabi's job is so I may be off base.

Gab is in fashion, it's totally appropriate to dress fashionably in her position.

• Love 2

Seriously guys, did I miss the episode where Kate suddenly realized she returned Andre's feelings and had actually been hot for him this whole time? Because she's suddenly all over him and my brain ain't getting it...

Also whatever happened to the Eli/Sheila subplot? I was really interested to see where that one would go but Sheila seemingly vanished right along with Bonnie...

And a final question: as soon as Eve was able to provide an airtight alibi and accuse Brady and Victor of planting the Amulet on her to frame her for murdering Deimos, why didn't the police department immediately move in and question Brady and Victor over their possession of a vital piece of evidence? And wasn't JJ brought into the case to figure out who Deimos' murderer was? Now that he's off the force is it just going to be reassigned to someone else? Has the show forgotten that the case is still ongoing and could easily be investigated further?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Gab is in fashion, it's totally appropriate to dress fashionably in her position.

Maybe I thought it was inappropriate because it was horrible then lol.

But seriously, what is Gabichic? Is it like a website? Or a clothing line?

15 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Seriously guys, did I miss the episode where Kate suddenly realized she returned Andre's feelings and had actually been hot for him this whole time? Because she's suddenly all over him and my brain ain't getting it...

Also whatever happened to the Eli/Sheila subplot? I was really interested to see where that one would go but Sheila seemingly vanished right along with Bonnie...

And a final question: as soon as Eve was able to provide an airtight alibi and accuse Brady and Victor of planting the Amulet on her to frame her for murdering Deimos, why didn't the police department immediately move in and question Brady and Victor over their possession of a vital piece of evidence? And wasn't JJ brought into the case to figure out who Deimos' murderer was? Now that he's off the force is it just going to be reassigned to someone else? Has the show forgotten that the case is still ongoing and could easily be investigated further?

Regarding Kate & her feelings for Andre....I am thinking she is playing Andre because she is suspicious of him & does not trust him.  So, by acting like she is 'in love" with him, he will let his guard down & Kate will find out info she needs to help Chad save DiMera Enterprises.   I don't read the Spoilers, so maybe I am all wrong :)   But, knowing Kate's character, I doubt she would be madly in love with a man she knows is a schemer.   As for the Eli/Sheila S/L....I too was interested in that, but I read that the actress was not with the show anymore, so I guess that has been dropped.  Eli still seems a bit "blank" to me...I want to know more about his background.

So there wasn't some episode in the last week where Kate realized she wanted to bed him?  Just checking. I can't imagine she'd slip into bed with him just to maybe help Chad. 

I like Eli. The actor has shown range. Loved him laying into Lani this week...and he was the only person who got me to laugh during the Halo party this summer. I believe him as former FBI. Hope he and his mother get some bonding tine together. She reads as more blank to me, but I do like her.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

So there wasn't some episode in the last week where Kate realized she wanted to bed him?  Just checking. I can't imagine she'd slip into bed with him just to maybe help Chad.

There was nothing particularly definitive. But there were some scenes where she talked with Chad (and maybe others) about thinking it over. And then Andre defended her to Vivian and she melted and invited him up to her room. And I kind of threw up in my mouth a little.

• Love 5

Uh, if  you're going out with somebody, shouldn't you call them by their first name? Way to flaunt your date in Eric's face, Jennifer.

Anna, stop making scenes in public.

"Cluck cluck cluck"

Loving Roman's shade at Eric. Roman was on fire today.

Wow, Doctor Shaw, way to be a dick from the get go.

What the hell was that song?!

• Love 2

I am kinda liking the Hallmark movie that is Jennifer/Eric right now, but it's gonna get real old real quick.

I kinda like this JJ/Lani baby story. So messy. I wish the Lani actress was better though. And I wish that Lani was generally a better character lol. But I love the idea of this story, if not so much the execution.

Roman was so fun today. The Eric/Roman scenes were my fave scenes in awhile.

I like the Stefan/Vivian relationship.

• Love 4

Not many comments from today's show.  Not sure if that is good or bad. LOL.

I enjoyed it.  I too am enjoying Stefan/Vivian.  I prefer their interactions to Stefan/Abigail or Stefan/Gabi, which I'm sure will be back and will continue. And Vivian is just so fun to watch. Louise Sorel must loving going to work!

I also like JJ/Lani and the baby mess.  And Eric/Roman.  Who'd think Chris Roman could be this enjoyable! I like him with Anna too.  And love the foreshadowing that Andre is going to hurt/betray Kate.  

When the comments are few here, I venture over to the DaysCafe board to see what is being said there. It's always "scary" as spoilers run wild in all their threads, and I saw something where a poster is waiting for something to happen on Friday. As soon as I read that, I "ran away" as I didn't want to get spoiled about anything.  So I have no idea what it is about, but I hope it doesn't disappoint.

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 4

Gabi gets an office because she has a website in which she reviews and promotes products? She can do the job from home.

Jennifer made her date sound like a business dinner. Dr. Shaw? Surely there are other places than the Brady Pub.

Anna, you really should stay away from Andre. And not tell Jennifer about Eric and Nicole.

Too many Tony/Andre anvils.

Wish the Lani/JJ/Eli/Gabi story would be more compelling. There is a baby mess and the baby should be the centre of the focus.  It is lousy to lead a man on about a child that isn't his. Maybe if all the characters were a bit more sympathetic.

Really enjoying the return of Vivian.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Gabi gets an office because she has a website in which she reviews and promotes products? She can do the job from home.

Where did that idea come from, that she reviews and promotes products? She's a fashion analyst and advisor.

Well, Roman certainly has a new lease on life, doesn't he?  Ron C. has done good in that regard.  I'm enjoying Roman more than I have in years and I especially like his interplay with Eric - that's some good father/son stuff.

Plus, the new and expanded sets are much appreciated.

Today seemed to mostly be a waiting episode, filling in a few blanks for the storylines as they unfold.  Not exactly compelling, but not bad, either.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Where did that idea come from, that she reviews and promotes products? She's a fashion analyst and advisor.

My bad. But you can't blame for getting it wrong. All we ever saw her do was style Chad. Wouldn't that make her a stylist?

Whatever. I ain't buying this BS that Titan and DiMera are fighting over her.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

9 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

My bad. But you can't blame for getting it wrong. All we ever saw her do was style Chad. Wouldn't that make her a stylist?

I thought the same thing as DisneyBoy. When Kate showed Gabi the office, Gabi said something like, "You have all the products I've been promoting!" And there are candles and wigs (!!!) and other home products on the shelves. It made me think GabiChic (I actually think that's a super cute name) is a lifestyle blog similar to Gwyneth's Goop. Yes, she was Chad's stylist for a while, but I assumed she transitioned that (plus her modeling cred) into something broader.

Clearly I give this show way too much thought ...

• Love 6

Yea, after that scene where Gabi saw her office I definitely got a Goop vibe from Gabichic. But I feel like the way Andre/Kate and Eve talked about Gabichic it should be a bit more than a lifestyle blog.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I kinda like this JJ/Lani baby story. So messy. I wish the Lani actress was better though. And I wish that Lani was generally a better character lol. But I love the idea of this story, if not so much the execution.

That is how it feels to me as well.  We have JJ and Eric's scenes where JJ is filled with remorse at making Lani think she's all alone and then vowing to be there for her and their child--both actors were spot on--and then you have Kayla and Lani's scenes.   MBE's Kayla was her usual wonderful self, trying to get Lani to see that lying to JJ is the wrong play and to think about the innocent child, and then you have Lani, wearing the same semi-tearfilled facial expression.  Why can't both of Abe's wretched children leave Salem?

I do like Eli and Gabi together--they have a believable passion and Eli looks wracked with guilt whenever Lani's name comes up, so I know they, along with JJ, will bring the angst and drama.  Lani, not so much.

Man, but for someone who is supposed to be so smart and sophisticated, Abs is manipulated fairly easily. It doesn't seem as though Stefan has to do much to get her riled up and acting snippy.

• Love 7

What with Gabi finding Lani's ear ring, Eli telling his mother about sleeping with Lani, and Stefan dwelling on Gabi and Chad's past, I'm guessing the baby secret won't be a secret long, and that Gabi will once again be in Chabby's orbit.  Wonder if they'll also have Gabi also become pregnant with Eli's baby.  So soapy. LOL.

Were Abigail and Gabi wearing outfits with the same pattern? If not, they were really, really similar.

• Love 5
55 minutes ago, buffynut said:

What with Gabi finding Lani's ear ring, Eli telling his mother about sleeping with Lani, and Stefan dwelling on Gabi and Chad's past, I'm guessing the baby secret won't be a secret long, and that Gabi will once again be in Chabby's orbit.  Wonder if they'll also have Gabi also become pregnant with Eli's baby.  So soapy. LOL.

Were Abigail and Gabi wearing outfits with the same pattern? If not, they were really, really similar.

I thought the same thing when I saw what Gabi & Abigail were wearing!  They must have had a big swatch of that fabric for the costume department :)  I wondered if there was some "deeper" symbolic meaning to the fact they were wearing almost matching outfits?  And yea, I think Gaby is going to figure things out & end up turning to Chad for "comfort"

• Love 4

Eli owns the Martin (boarding) House and I suggest he hires new maids. If Lani's earring has been laying there since Christmas Eve without the maids finding it (and maybe pocketing it as well, lol)

And Gabi's white dress left little to the imagination when walking away from the camera. That butt crack. Yowza!!

• Love 3

This episode was whether of a yawn but.. 

Mrs. A. D. D. aka Mrs. Abigail Devereux Dimera needs the fashion police! ? 

I'm so over her Waltons looking ass on my screen. ? From her hair and the fashion choices.  MM is not an ugly woman but for some reason  the show has her boring, bland and old fashioned.  She's suppose to be the lead actress in this late 20s-early 30s set and her look couldn't be anymore dated.  I get MM dresses like this in her real life but as a fictionalized character she needs to look the part of a Horton and a married Dimera.  She can still look stylish-classy-conservative-modern for her age, It's like the fashion department isn't trying with her.  Gabi, on the other hand, looks bomb!  Gabi/CB's outfits are more modern with today's outfits that the Kardashian and Jenner women would wear.  Yet I'm suppose to believe Chad would marry a woman that looks like something straight out of Gunsmoke.  Or Stefan is slowly developing feelings for her.  I think not.  

• Love 9

Holding counseling sessions in public doesn't sound exactly reassuring, but then, Eric isn't a real counselor now is he?

Is Gabi going to wind up pregnant, too?

Did Eric and JJ have a long, deep conversation during the time it took to order those eggs, have them cooked, and then delivered, that we missed?  They seem to have just picked up where they left off at the intro break.

So Eli hasn't changed the sheets since the last time he had sex with another woman?  And Lani hasn't missed her earring?

I like that pattern in Gabi's jacket but thought it was excessive in Abigail's dress.

I knew Abigail would walk in when Gabi and Chad were hugging.

• Love 4

I actually liked Gabi's white dress, much better then that strange flowery number Abby was wearing---YIKES!

I would be okay if Chad and Gabi got back together because I don't think they were given a fair chance with the abruptness of Chabby's reuniting but I would also be okay if JJ and Gabi got back together--I pretty much want Gabi to have a decent relationship and if things are going to implode with Eli, Gabi needs some romantic options :)

• Love 2
3 hours ago, buffynut said:

I thought this at first, too, but when they were together I realized it wasn't the same pattern. Exact same colors though.

1 hour ago, worleybird said:

And Gabi's white dress left little to the imagination when walking away from the camera. That butt crack. Yowza!!

Right! I couldn't stop looking lol.

47 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

So Eli hasn't changed the sheets since the last time he had sex with another woman? 

He actually washed them the next day. Gabi showed up and wondered why he was washing his sheets on Christmas.

12 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I would be okay if Chad and Gabi got back together because I don't think they were given a fair chance with the abruptness of Chabby's reuniting but I would also be okay if JJ and Gabi got back together--I pretty much want Gabi to have a decent relationship and if things are going to implode with Eli, Gabi needs some romantic options :)

This.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3
31 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

So Eli hasn't changed the sheets since the last time he had sex with another woman?  And Lani hasn't missed her earring?

Gabi caught Eli changing the sheets the very next morning that he had sex with Lani.

I think it would have been more effective is Stefan and Abby caught Chad and Gabi hugging and then have Stefan undermine her relationship with Chad.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, BlackMamba said:

Or Stefan is slowly developing feelings for her.  I think not.  

Slowly? He seemed to have feelings for her from the second he laid eyes on her. Why, I do not know. I find this actress a bit more tolerable than her predecessor, but not enough so for me to stop thinking of the character as Abifail.

I wonder if they've thought about trying to get Ashley Benson back. Yeah, it's hard to imagine she would return, but I checked IMDB and she doesn't have anything since PLL, even though filming on that show ended many months ago. She's the only one of the female leads who doesn't - Troian is doing films and the other three have new TV shows. That must sting a bit.

• Love 3

Abigail, please buy some darker lipstick - with some colour!

I don't know if her fashion sense is some sort of boho meets a rustic village, but it is not working. Why both Chad and Stefan are salivating over her is beyond my poor brain cells these days.

No idea what Gabichic is exactly. She certainly doesn't have the lifestyle blog/website of celebrities, including Goop.  Who is her target audience?

Lani, listen to Kayla. Geez. You won't be able to pass your baby off as JJ's forever. Something will reveal the true paternity. And guess what - JJ will probably not stick around when he finds out.  You come across as needy and desperate and insecure. You can easily go out of town for a few days and then say you had a miscarriage. It is wrong to do this to JJ.  Eli will find out and he may not like you much either. Or both you and Gabi may both have babies - won't that be fun for Eli to have two new kids.

Bye, Theo.

• Love 4

I'm kinda looking forward to a confrontation between Gabi and Lani when all this is revealed. This will be the second time Lani has slept with her current guy. With JJ, that was really all on him, but even if she acts like she doesn't hold a grudge towards Lani on that one, she will when you combine it with this one. 

I know that Eli feels like it was a mistake and that what Gabi doesn't know won't hurt her, but it's just not sitting well with me. JJ basically dumped Lani, so I don't feel the same about her decision to sleep with someone else. 

It's a pretty soapy setup, though. Hopefully, they can actually sustain the tension. 

Dang it, I was hoping for so much better with this Stephan, Abby, Chad thing. So far, it's a dud for me. I want to like him or at least feel intrigued by him, so give me a moment of vulnerability from him or something, show. So far, he's just an ass. 

• Love 6

I meant to post this the other day but forgot. You know how they keep having either Eli or Lani flashback to Christmas Eve.  Well, flashbacks are "supposed" to be the character "remembering", right.  Well the other day, Eli was in bed with Gabi, and he flashbacked. yet again. to him and Lani in bed. But this time he managed to remember Lani waking up and looking at him, while he himself was still asleep!  Duh, Show.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, buffynut said:

I meant to post this the other day but forgot. You know how they keep having either Eli or Lani flashback to Christmas Eve.  Well, flashbacks are "supposed" to be the character "remembering", right.  Well the other day, Eli was in bed with Gabi, and he flashbacked. yet again. to him and Lani in bed. But this time he managed to remember Lani waking up and looking at him, while he himself was still asleep!  Duh, Show.  

Haha!  Good catch, buffynut!

Oh, the secret powers that the inhabitants of Salem possess!

• Love 1

I haven't seen the show in over a week, but just to weigh in on the characters' styles - in general, I much prefer Abby's style over Gabi's.  Abby's clothes are professional whereas Gabi's are just provocative.  Nobody dresses like Gabi in the real world that I live in; meaning, I don't see anyone dressed like her when I walk down the street.  In Hollywood, at a party, maybe - but not real life.  It's not practical.

• Love 1

Are they trying to make out that the Alamains are Sicilian?  I thought they were nobility from Alamainia.

I like Chad's tan suit and the black shirt that goes with it.

Who is Chad working with?  Steve?

I guess they're getting rid of Kyler and will recast in a year or so with some hunk who can't act.

Edited by Silver Raven
  • Love 1

I legit teared up when Theo was hugging everyone goodbye lol. The actor was really real in those moments.

I can't at Chad's tan suit with black shirt and black coat look. Him and Abby's fashion sense is complimentary, I guess!

I thought the Abby/Gabi scenes were stupid, but I liked them anyway.

JJ looks like such a little boy lately. His beard was a mess, but I appreciated that it made him look a bit older.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

I don't buy Gabi always losing to Slappy.  Not only is Gabi gorgeous, she actually has a personality.

THIS!! I did like Abby's shock when Stefan said he was talking to Gabi--that made me smile--but any interest Stefan's showing is all to play mindgames with Abs.  Gabi deserves better and hopefully it will happen soon.  I do like seeing Abby and Gabi being friends and supporting each other and I hope we see Ciara and Claire reforging their friendship.  Ciara's constantly walking around in  her leather jacket and acting like a bitch because Theo likes Claire better is getting tired--I know I'm done with the over the top attitude.

Is it Stefan who is dangerous or Vivian--only time will tell.

• Love 2