Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I don't think Theo deserved to be shot either but from the way Abe's talking, you'd think Theo was ten seconds from being anointed a saint.  It's going to be a wake up call for Abe when he learns that Theo actually committed a crime.

Yeah, but he's still going to blame the Dimera's for it like Theo was MADE to do it or something.

• Love 3

I liked that we got to see Will starting to question Susan and wondering why she was keeping them so isolated.  CM is doing a good job with "EJ's" genuine confusion and worry over all of these people claiming to know him.

I also liked Gabi's joy at knowing Will's alive--yes he's the father of her child, but Gabi and Will had a close relationship for many years and they'll always mean something to each other.  Nicely done, show :)

I also appreciate that the writers are mining the rich history between Sami and Marlena and especially how it all relates to Will and how he grew up.  Again, nicely played.

• Love 5

Not a bad Friday episode. I was just glad Sami got there before Susan and Will left. At least this way the storyline keeps moving along.

This is my first time seeing "old Will" and I'm liking him. He seems so much younger than the Guy Wilson version and I can't at all picture Guy in any of these scenes.  

I've said it before, but Rafe isn't so bad when he's with anyone other than Hope. And the same for her. I'm hoping Ron is consciously having them in separate scenes, and will eventually break them up.  

I really like Eli.  He's nice to look at, and a pretty good actor. He and Gabi make a cute couple.

• Love 8
On 11/16/2017 at 5:57 PM, Silver Raven said:

Come on, Tripp, don't let Kate bully you. Dammit.

Abe needs to bring it down several notches.

Everybody probably disagrees with me, but I think Tripp and Claire have chemistry.

Oh, Valerie, no.

Does Kate know that Will is alive yet?

I don’t disagree with you.  Claire and Tripp are very cute together.  Watching Wednesday show made me realize how alone Claire is.  Her parents are gone.  Her grandma Hope doesn’t seem like family.  Her other grandparents are very busy now with the Will stuff.  It made me very sad for Claire. 

As of right now I don’t think we have seen anyone tell Kate about Will.   

They showed Gabby finding out so maybe Rafe will tell Kate next. 

21 hours ago, annabel said:

It's no secret that I do not like Kate at all, and her behavior today was just loathsome. somehow I do not think that just deleting voicemails and messages from a phone magically erases them from ever having existed. I hope she goes down hard for all of this.

Maybe in the real world but Salem PD is a little backwards. 

• Love 1

Salem PD is infested with a lot of stuff. Families, cover-ups, etc.

A quieter Friday show, but still some movement.

'EJ' doesn't seem to question why he would marry Sami? Nothing wrong with an age gap, especially if the woman is a bit older, but he kinda resembles his actual birth mother.  Doesn't make much sense.

I did understand Paul not being immediately forthwith about finding 'Will'.

Good to see Gabi coming clean about her relationship with Will and how Arianna came about.

Of course Sami got to the house just in time to stop the exodus. Why do people always go to South America?

• Love 4

I am actually sort of impressed with Eileen Davidson after this week, even though I still think a lot of the acting is done with the wig and the teeth. I liked that Marlena brought up the John affair with Sami, I like that Sami is leaning on Marlena. Does Eli know that Gabi is a convicted felon and spent time in prison? Her reaction to his "so the three of you raised her?" seemed to leave out a lot.

• Love 4

I haven't seen the latest Gaby/Eli scenes, but have been enjoying them so far. The only thing that is missing is Eli's own personal curiosity of Will.  Will is his cousin and he seems to be interested in putting down roots in Salem. I would imagine that would be getting to know the other Horton's outside of Julie and Hope. I know he met Jennifer. 

I would think that finding out your murdered beloved cousin may actually be alive and you could get the chance to meet him would be somewhat exciting.  

• Love 4
5 hours ago, tribeca said:

I still feel there must be at least one family member who could be there for Claire.  

Does Lucas know about Will?

Hope was there for Claire briefly.

No, Lucas doesn't know about Will yet.  I wonder what's taking so long for him to be told?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Star Aristille said:

No, Lucas doesn't know about Will yet.  I wonder what's taking so long for him to be told?

Writer Fiat is all I can think of. They clearly want Sami and Sonny to be the main ones interacting with AmnesiacWill and they don't want to have Lucas there to take focus from Sami and Sonny, but of course if Lucas knew he'd be on the first plane to Memphis, so he has to not know at all. The show has never really appreciated the Lucas character, and especially not for himself - only when Lumi was one of the show's major rooting couples was his status temporarily elevated. Then EJami and Safe came along, and he went back to what he was, an underused and undervalued character and actor.

• Love 3
On 11/17/2017 at 0:03 AM, annabel said:

It's no secret that I do not like Kate at all, and her behavior today was just loathsome. somehow I do not think that just deleting voicemails and messages from a phone magically erases them from ever having existed. I hope she goes down hard for all of this.

I do like Kate, but I agree she needs to suffer/pay for this one.  She always seems to get away with her crimes.  

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Black Knight said:

Writer Fiat is all I can think of. They clearly want Sami and Sonny to be the main ones interacting with AmnesiacWill and they don't want to have Lucas there to take focus from Sami and Sonny, but of course if Lucas knew he'd be on the first plane to Memphis, so he has to not know at all. 

Actually, reviewing Friday's episode, Rafe told Gabi that the family decided that Sami should be the one to tell him.  That's why he doesn't know yet.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Black Knight said:

Writer Fiat is all I can think of. They clearly want Sami and Sonny to be the main ones interacting with AmnesiacWill and they don't want to have Lucas there to take focus from Sami and Sonny, but of course if Lucas knew he'd be on the first plane to Memphis, so he has to not know at all. The show has never really appreciated the Lucas character, and especially not for himself - only when Lumi was one of the show's major rooting couples was his status temporarily elevated. Then EJami and Safe came along, and he went back to what he was, an underused and undervalued character and actor.

Plus, the actor is recurring, so, they don't have to worry about going over his guarantees. The actor that plays Victor is recurring and he is used a lot..

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Star Aristille said:

Actually, reviewing Friday's episode, Rafe told Gabi that the family decided that Sami should be the one to tell him.  That's why he doesn't know yet.

That in itself still isn't any justification, because Sami's certainly had opportunity to call him. And there's every reason for her to and no reason for her not to - not wanting to tell him the good news over the phone doesn't hold water, because she knows he's drinking himself into oblivion out of pain. It's far better to just tell him over the phone than to let him continue to suffer, and he could potentially help with jarring Will's memory.

It's nothing more than what I said above, about Writer Fiat because they want the focus on Sami and Sonny. They haven't set up an organic, in-story reason for Lucas to still be so out of this. What kills me is that they could have come up with something - like, Lucas drinks too much, gets alcohol poisoning and goes into a brief coma. They could even have made it into a nice bit where Lucas wakes up to see Will sitting at his hospital bed. But that would require the writers to care about Lucas.

• Love 3
Just now, Black Knight said:

That in itself still isn't any justification, because Sami's certainly had opportunity to call him. And there's every reason for her to and no reason for her not to - not wanting to tell him the good news over the phone doesn't hold water, because she knows he's drinking himself into oblivion out of pain. It's far better to just tell him over the phone than to let him continue to suffer, and he could potentially help with jarring Will's memory.

It's nothing more than what I said above, about Writer Fiat because they want the focus on Sami and Sonny. They haven't set up an organic, in-story reason for Lucas to still be so out of this. What kills me is that they could have come up with something - like, Lucas drinks too much, gets alcohol poisoning and goes into a brief coma. They could even have made it into a nice bit where Lucas wakes up to see Will sitting at his hospital bed. But that would require the writers to care about Lucas.

Or maybe because the stuff with Susan would make him spiral even worse if he heard it.  Just saying.

Anyone else notice that Susan's glasses were askew in the shot right before Sami punched her in the bar? And then, poor ED tried to pull a comedic freeze-and-fall after the punch, but the editing and position of the camera just made it look awkward.

This show. Attention to details please!!

I'm back to thinking this has to be Kristen. It's too much to say that Rolfe would have voluntarily carried on a conversation with Susan Banks, much less killed himself rather than reveal he'd helped her. But if it were Kristen, and she disguised herself as Susan to move freely around after her "death", he'd certainly have feared revealing she was his employer. Not that that explains how Kristen knew any of the stuff Susan said to Sami the last time she visited Salem, mind you.

I really hated that Marlena was pleased with Sami for hitting Susan because she also "wanted to do that a couple times". Seriously, Doc? No, you didn't. Never once, from what I recall. And if you did, all the while giving Susan warm smiles and acting like her BFF, that makes you a huge hypocrite and phony.

Ron isn't writing these people in-character and it's pissing me off. Kristen wouldn't voluntarily disguise herself as Susan again for a million dollars, Susan wouldn't revive Will (of all people) or be homophobic, and Marlena would never hold a grudge against Susan or say she was always irritated by her.

I think Ron will do to Susan what he did to Bonnie and Hattie - rob her of her brain cells and reduce her to a wacko for the sake of a "campy" plot and then discard her.

I get to see this character once a decade, man. Could you show her some respect please?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 2
41 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I really hated that Marlena was pleased with Sami for hitting Susan because she also "wanted to do that a couple times". Seriously, Doc? No, you didn't. Never once, from what I recall. And if you did, all the while giving Susan warm smiles and acting like her BFF, that makes you a huge hypocrite and phony.

Um, just because she didn't look like it doesn't mean she didn't want to.  And she wasn't looking at her friendly-like at all when confronted about her knowledge of Will.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Susan kept her  beloved grandson away from her and the rest of his family for 2 years.. So, Marlena cheering Sami for slapping Susan is no big deal. Susan forgot that John and Marlena got EJ back from Kristen, after she tricked Susan into giving him up.. Not to mention,  that Marlena forgave her for keeping her locked up with Kristen, in order to keep John for herself.  The same night that Susan's scheme to marry John, as Kristen, blew up in her face, Marlena invited Susan and EJ to come stay with her at her place.  So, if she had had some bad thoughts about Susan in the past, I think that makes her human and not a hypocrite..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

Susan kept her  beloved grandson away from her and the rest of his family for 2 years.. So, Marlena cheering Sami for slapping Susan is no big deal. Susan forgot that John and Marlena got EJ back from Kristen, after she tricked Susan into giving him up.. Not to mention,  that Marlena forgave her for keeping her locked up with Kristen, in order to keep John for herself.  The same night that Susan's scheme to marry John, as Kristen, blew up in her face, Marlena invited Susan and EJ to come stay with her at her place.  So, if she had had some bad thoughts about Susan in the past, I think that makes her human and not a hypocrite..

I think DisneyBoy is referring to the fact that outside of the brief scheming Susan did twenty years ago, Susan and Marlena have had a very nice friendship.  Especially considering the last time we saw Susan her and Marlena were lovingly embracing one another and talking about how much they missed each other. 

Now yes, Marlena being mad as Susan now is understandable but I think DisneyBoy is pointing out the "I've always wanted to punch" her attitude from Marlena is inconsistent and just not true with what we have been shown of her history.  What would be true is Marlena saying she can't believe what has happened to Susan, the person she has become after EJ's death.  Marlena now wanting to punch Susan makes sense, but the idea that "she always has" doesn't.

I'm with you DisneyBoy, I'm really not feeling this re-write of Susan.  I'm also hoping that this is Kristen in disguise.

• Love 2

Yup, you got my point exactly. 

I'm just pissed because if this IS Kristen, then Susan is redeemed...but Kristen is trashed (This would be her most stupid, random and convoluted plot ever). And if it IS Susan, then this is the worst thing she's ever done and she deserves to go to jail, and that breaks my heart because Susan loves Jarlena waaaay too much to ever hurt them like this. (2014: "when I think back on what I did to you two..." Mar: "No, no...that's in the past. We're family now!")

I fully realize Susan got a pass from Marlena on trapping her in the room and sleeping with (raping?) and trying to wed John. If Mar was going to hate her, that was her chance, but she forgave her and helped her fight to keep EJ and escape Salem. And nowhere in any of that (not even in annoyed interior dialogue!) did Doc suggest she'd like to slug Susan.

What would be true is Marlena saying she can't believe what has happened to Susan, the person she has become after EJ's death.  Marlena now wanting to punch Susan makes sense, but the idea that "she always has" doesn't.

Word.

On 11/16/2017 at 4:19 PM, Rowan said:

I guess Theo's autism casts his accountability into even murkier waters, but I don't think he is completely without responsibility in this mess. 

I'm not sure that it would (... in the real world, I guess I should say. Who knows what the show's version of autism means?) I don't think autism spectrum disorders interfere with the understanding of consequences, or mitigate impulse control. But I could be wrong.

6 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I'm just pissed because if this IS Kristen, then Susan is redeemed...but Kristen is trashed (This would be her most stupid, random and convoluted plot ever)

In my view, Kristen was thoroughly and irremediably trashed long before this plot was a gleam in Carlivati's eye. But you and I have different, oh, let's say "levels of affection" for the character and different amounts of delight in campy doings. It does seem pretty destructive of the way Susan was originally understood as a character. (The show seems to like the idea of bringing back familiar faces, but has real difficulty in reviving those characters in ways consistent with their original natures.)

• Love 5
11 hours ago, JBC344 said:

I think DisneyBoy is referring to the fact that outside of the brief scheming Susan did twenty years ago, Susan and Marlena have had a very nice friendship.  Especially considering the last time we saw Susan her and Marlena were lovingly embracing one another and talking about how much they missed each other. 

Now yes, Marlena being mad as Susan now is understandable but I think DisneyBoy is pointing out the "I've always wanted to punch" her attitude from Marlena is inconsistent and just not true with what we have been shown of her history.  What would be true is Marlena saying she can't believe what has happened to Susan, the person she has become after EJ's death.  Marlena now wanting to punch Susan makes sense, but the idea that "she always has" doesn't.

I'm with you DisneyBoy, I'm really not feeling this re-write of Susan.  I'm also hoping that this is Kristen in disguise.

When has this show ever cared about keeping Characters in character and consistent with their established history. They change according to the plot at hand.

Today, Marlena in talking to John was very compassionate towards Susan in trying make sense of what she is doing to Will.  I blame the scriptwriters for writing that line about Marlena always wanting to punch Susan.  Like you said, JBC344, that is not true. 

I smiled when John referred to Will as his grandson, Thank you Sherry. 

The brief Marlena/Will was too short. Deidre and Chandler still have awesome chemistry together. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6

I am completely riveted by this whole Will coming back from the dead storyline and all of the actors are bringing their A games, especially CM and AS.  I really thought that Sami had gotten through to Susan, especially when Sami mentioned how EJ would be horrified by Susan's actions.  

I also loved Will's reaction to all of the insanity around him--his genuine confusion when Susan and Sami were fighting over him to remember who his mother is to his sarcastic response to finding out that Sonny and Paul are engaged--everything rings true with Will's believable dismay.

• Love 7
35 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Eileen is also very good. She has made Susan sympathetic. 

She really has. Especially today. That's why the speculation that Susan might really be Kristin doesn't make sense. I actually felt a bit bad for Susan today.

I wasn't watching during any of Will's life until just before he and went to LA, so I have a lot of unknowns. For example, did Susan ever meet real Will?  She is his grandmother, right.

Stefano was EJ's father?  I didn't know that. But I also don't know much about EJ, other than him cheating on Sami with Abigail. And that he raped Sami at one point?  Since I never saw any of their "love story", I find it hard understanding Sami's undying love for him.

I think the show is doing a good job with the Paul / Sonny / Will triangle.  I presume Wilson is end game, but there's no reason to hate Paul, so there's some sympathy towards him too.  Real messy though, considering they've all slept together, albeit not at the same time. Wait till Will hears that. 

• Love 6

Did Susan ever meet real Will?

Apparently according to someone here there was a brief scene in which Susan had baby EJ in the same room as Sami was holding baby Will. Apparently they had a playdate? And then 10 years later, EJ was twice as old as Will...naturally.

They never shared a scene afterwards. Susan hasn't even met her grandchildren through EJ and Sami's marriage yet.

Stefano was EJ's father?  I didn't know that. But I also don't know much about EJ, other than him cheating on Sami with Abigail. And that he raped Sami at one point?  Since I never saw any of their "love story", I find it hard understanding Sami's undying love for him.

As do I.

Broad strokes here:

Back when Kristen first started having trouble carrying a child to term, her adopted father Stefano took drastic action to help her out by finding a lookalike - Susan Banks - realizing she was a fan of Elvis, and then dressing up as Elvis and drugging her at an Elvis fan convention before whisking her away to be artificially inseminated with his sperm. Shortly thereafter he brought Susan to town disguised as Kristen and they began making the switch to fool John and Marlena into thinking Kristen was still pregnant the whole time. The truth about EJ's parentage didn't come out until after Kristen's schemes were revealed and John had dumped her. Stefano was quite humbled by everyone in town knowing he and Susan had conceived a child together, and the last part of Kristen's original storyline had to do with her and Stefano trying to scheme to get baby EJ away from Susan so that one of them could raise him. They lost, and Susan left town with her fiancee Edmund and the baby. At some point later, after Alice Horton died, we learned that Stefano managed to track Susan and EJ down in England and that he helped care for EJ in some small way.

Adult EJ first arrived in town as EJ Wells, a race car driver who immediately set his sights on Sami. Somewhere along the way he slept with Kate first though. Then eventually he was revealed to be Susan and Stefano's son. While trying to flee town he told Sami, his captive, that he would only permit her to go back and check on a wounded Lucas if she allowed him to sleep with her first. So that was the infamous rape. In spite of that, she and EJ continued to get together and break up in the years that followed, which included both of them shooting each other in the head at one point. His tryst with Abigail was one of his final storylines, and I give the show credit for at least not turning him into a perfect white night. He was shot over a drug deal after all and was working with Clyde Weston of all people. But apparently the producers can't let go of this idea that he was Sami's one true love. Apparently a lot of fans cling to it too. *shrug*

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Will's grandmothers are (mother's mother) Marlena and (father's mother) Kate.

Duh. I knew that. ?

Thanks DisneyBoy for the Susan / EJ background. I was watching around the time EJ was shot, but didn't see those shows. 

Interesting that Will and EJ were babies at the same time. That's the obvious problem with SORASing.  

So... as I keep saying, I'm not reading spoilers anymore, so forgot the show would be only on 3 days this week. ? Also assume tomorrow and Wednesday are the last days of November sweeps.

Could we be so lucky that Ron is breaking up Hope and Rafe. Hope didn't seem to "love" that parting kiss today. 

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

But apparently the producers can't let go of this idea that he was Sami's one true love. Apparently a lot of fans cling to it too. *shrug*

Except that he wasn't.  There are dozens of clips on YouTube that show Sami telling EJ over and over again that Lucas is the love of her life, or that she will always love Rafe.  Sami chose Rafe or Lucas over EJ every time until Sami ended up with EJ by default because Sami and Rafe got into a fight about Will and Gabi.  Prior to that Sami was obsessed with Austin for years, and did everything she could to keep Brandon.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

Sami ended up with EJ by default because Sami and Rafe got into a fight about Will and Gabi.

Actually Sami and Rafe broke up when Sami had grief sex with EJ when they thought Johnny was dead.  And Will caught them at it.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

Prior to that Sami was obsessed with Austin for years

That's the Sami I remember

6 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Actually Sami and Rafe broke up when Sami had grief sex with EJ when they thought Johnny was dead.  And Will caught them at it.

Ewwww

• Love 3
1 hour ago, buffynut said:

She really has. Especially today. That's why the speculation that Susan might really be Kristin doesn't make sense. I actually felt a bit bad for Susan today.

I wasn't watching during any of Will's life until just before he and went to LA, so I have a lot of unknowns. For example, did Susan ever meet real Will?  She is his grandmother, right.

I think the show is doing a good job with the Paul / Sonny / Will triangle.  I presume Wilson is end game, but there's no reason to hate Paul, so there's some sympathy towards him too.  Real messy though, considering they've all slept together, albeit not at the same time. Wait till Will hears that. 

Will and EJ used to go on playdates as babies. Will was older than him. Lucas, Sami and Susan used to interact because of that.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Sami and Rafe got divorced because of that, but then they started to get back together.  Rafe finally admitted he wasn't the father of Nicole's baby, and Sami broke up with him.  However, they agreed to get back together right before Gabi and Nick's first wedding when Chad revealed that Nick was not the father of Gabi's baby, and Will admitted he was the father.  Sami and Rafe got into a fight about Will/Gabi and Sami ended up with EJ by default.

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

Sami and Rafe got divorced because of that, but then they started to get back together.  Rafe finally admitted he wasn't the father of Nicole's baby, and Sami broke up with him.  However, they agreed to get back together right before Gabi and Nick's first wedding when Chad revealed that Nick was not the father of Gabi's baby, and Will admitted he was the father.  Sami and Rafe got into a fight about Will/Gabi and Sami ended up with EJ by default.

Matter of opinion..to me Sami did not end up with Ej by default AT ALL.

She even explained it to Ej (a great and memorable scene between Ej and Sami by the way where AS was great) and to Rafe..and if she wanted to be with Rafe, she could have but she was happy with Ej (and Rafe was bitter)..at least for a year..

49 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Will and EJ used to go on playdates as babies. Will was older than him. Lucas, Sami and Susan used to interact because of that.

Will and Ej never used to go on playdates..not true..there is almost no scenes between these characters when they were toddlers/babies..Ej's sorasing was too much granted but it is done..don't rewrite what happened.

Edited by pau
22 minutes ago, pau said:

She even explained it to Ej (a great and memorable scene between Ej and Sami by the way where AS was great) and to Rafe..and if she wanted to be with Rafe, she could have but she was happy with Ej (and Rafe was bitter)..at least for a year..

Will and Ej never used to go on playdates..not true..there is almost no scenes between these characters when they were toddlers/babies..Ej's sorasing was too much granted but it is done..don't rewrite what happened.

I remember Lucas taking Will to a play date with EJ. It did happen. Just like Will and Philip had the same nanny at the Kiriakis mansion, when Kate and Victor were married. Will also interacted with Belle and Brady as toddlers, before they were aged. They were all present when Marlena and John got married. Will aged in real time, due to Allison Sweeney, being young, at the time.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Adult EJ first arrived in town as EJ Wells, a race car driver who immediately set his sights on Sami. Somewhere along the way he slept with Kate first though. Then eventually he was revealed to be Susan and Stefano's son. While trying to flee town he told Sami, his captive, that he would only permit her to go back and check on a wounded Lucas if she allowed him to sleep with her first. So that was the infamous rape. In spite of that, she and EJ continued to get together and break up in the years that followed, which included both of them shooting each other in the head at one point. His tryst with Abigail was one of his final storylines, and I give the show credit for at least not turning him into a perfect white night. He was shot over a drug deal after all and was working with Clyde Weston of all people. But apparently the producers can't let go of this idea that he was Sami's one true love. Apparently a lot of fans cling to it too. *shrug*

Except that you are rewriting quite a bit Ej and Sami's story..

First Ej dated Sami and they were about to make love several times only to be interrupted by everybody and their mothers..particularly Lucas who was jealous and schemed (even using his son Will) to break them up. Then he slept with Kate when Sami chose to dump him because of Will's pressure on his mother. And he never 'only permit Sami her to go back and check on a wounded Lucas if she allowed to sleep with him first'..it did not happened like that at all.. Sami first set up a trap for Ej..in order to help Bo and John who wanted to arrest him because they were sure he was behind all the bad things happening in Salem at this time..and it was true but they had no proof.. Sami knew Ej was very attracted to her so she used her charms.. Ej was finally trapped by John while waiting for Sami..they got into a fight, he shot John and escaped..on his way he found Sami..who asked for his help..because Lucas was trapped on a cabin..and very wounded..then Ej asked something in exchange for his help..sex with Sami..Sami accepted and Ej saved Lucas..it was a terrible act..indeed..but will always be a contentious point..rape..no rape..i don't want to go on a debate..but the scene was as i explained it.

His tryst with Abigail was nothing but an insult imo, and he only did that in order to save Sami, Kate and Gabi from jail and because Sami refused any type of intimacy with him in order to punish him for his kind of support towards Kristen and his little help covering her crimes..because she was 'family' (ridiculous writing imo).

Many people 'clinge' to their love story because they were interesting together, because the actors had mad chemistry together, because Ej did value Sami as a person despite his bad deeds towards her who were tit for tat..And Ej never tried to kill Sami..never (but he tried to kill Nicole on the other hand..who kept wanting to be with him)..but she is the one who shot him in the head..a tit for tat..for kidnapping their child..they could be pretty toxic together because of bad writing (agenda biased) but they were riveting to watch for many people despite of that.

Edited by pau
2 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Stefano also sent EJ on assignment, to impregnate Sami.  He had ulterior motives when it came to Sami. 

Yes but Ej fell in love with her despite that..it was said numerous times. And James Scott always played it like that.

Edited by pau
  • Love 1

Gr-rrrr.... this trying to stay spoiler-free is hard. I just wandered over to Ron Carlivati's Twitter and got spoiled about something! I don't know when, but still, spoiled.

I think this THREAD is the ONLY place on the entire internet that seems to be safe to read about Days. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, pau said:

If you say so.  She did, but . . . if you say so.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Star Aristille said:

If you say so.  She did, but . . . if you say so.

I say she did not and she gave a speach about it..i say so about her speach because i saw it, a long scene, that's all.

I talk about what i saw on screen not what i wanted to see, me..

Edited by pau
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

While trying to flee town he told Sami, his captive, that he would only permit her to go back and check on a wounded Lucas if she allowed him to sleep with her first. So that was the infamous rape. In spite of that, she and EJ continued to get together and break up in the years that followed, which included both of them shooting each other in the head at one point. His tryst with Abigail was one of his final storylines, and I give the show credit for at least not turning him into a perfect white night. He was shot over a drug deal after all and was working with Clyde Weston of all people. But apparently the producers can't let go of this idea that he was Sami's one true love. Apparently a lot of fans cling to it too. *shrug*

In regards to the rape, Sami went looking for help when a beam fell on top of Lucas and he was at risk to freezing to death. The first car that stopped for her was EJ and he forced her to get him through the police roadblocks who were searching for him. She said that she would help EJ if he would help save Lucas

Once Sami got through the roadblock, EJ refused to honor his deal with Sami and counteroffered that he would save Lucas if she would sleep him. Afterwards, he went to the cabin and lifted the beam off Lucas and headed out of town to Mexico.

Sami did shoot EJ but he did not shoot her.

As for the drugs and Clyde, EJ was trying to raise enough cash to appease Stefano who threaten to go after Sami and Kate from stealing  Dimera Enterprises from him.

As for EJ and Sami, I always wanted together despitthe years they were kept apart due to storylines that didn’t make sense or other pairing that I found to be lacking in comparison. So I have no trouble believing that EJ was the love of Sami’s life. I know for certain that she was it for EJ.

• Love 3

I liked today's episode - didn't spend half of it checking out Twitter!

Susan slapping Sami, Marlena being the voice of calm and sanity.

Nice to see Justin and Adrienne back to normal.

Everyone was good today and my comments echo a lot of posters. Likes for everyone, even if I actually didn't click the like button.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, nilyank said:

Once Sami got through the roadblock, EJ refused to honor his deal with Sami and counteroffered that he would save Lucas if she would sleep him. Afterwards, he went to the cabin and lifted the beam off Lucas and headed out of town to Mexico.

Sami never offered to sleep with EJ.  EJ told Sami if she didn't have sex with him, he wouldn't lift the beam off of Lucas, and the entire time EJ had a gun to Sami's head.

• Love 7
42 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

Sami never offered to sleep with EJ.  EJ told Sami if she didn't have sex with him, he wouldn't lift the beam off of Lucas, and the entire time EJ had a gun to Sami's head.

It wasn't just the rape that sullied Ejamie for me. It was everything that EJ did in his  twisted love for Samanther....EJ also attacked Sami's family.  He attacked Steve and Kayla. The games that he played with them were unconscionable.  EJ plotted to hurt Will to make Sami marry him, but, Stefano talked him out of it.  Then, he planned to hurt Belle and John's accident derailed his deadly plans for her. So, I have never understood Sami's toxic love for a man that wanted to control her and hurt her family.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 10