Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, boes said:

I detest Brady, not one iota of sympathy for him.  He's abusive, physically, emotionally and mentally whenever he doesn't get his way or even feels insecure.  He's even been physically threatening with Maggie and Marlena on occasion.  I wouldn't let this guy within a hundred yards of kids, women or pets.  And he has a great opinion of himself, completely unsubstantiated by the facts.

Victor has done a great job with this yob.

I guess that I must be the only one that has sympathy for Brady.  I like the fact that things are not black and white with him.  I just feel that the show is rushing his going to the dark side. Brady reminds me a bit of Jack, that seething rage that is pushing him to do what he is doing. Plus, he has Victor who is encouraging to act this way.  I feel that John and Marlena should be involved with this story.  I would love for Carrie and Sami to be involved as well...That is the family drama that Jarlena should be trying to mediate.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

I guess that I must be the only one that has sympathy for Brady.  I like the fact that things are not black and white with him.  I just feel that the show is rushing his going to the dark side. Brady reminds me a bit of Jack, that seething rage that is pushing him to do what he is doing. Plus, he has Victor who is encouraging to act this way.  I feel that John and Marlena should be involved with this story.  I would love for Carrie and Sami should be involved as well...That is the family drama that Jarlena should be trying to mediate.  

That would be a really great way to deal with this storyline.  They have gone out of their way to emphasize the "blended family" aspect, let's see that taken to the next level.

I honestly have come to realize that I am only remotely interested in Brady because of the woman he is with at the time; Chloe, Nicole, Kristen, Madison.  I find these women far more interesting characters than Brady has ever been.  They really need to find something to do with him.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

That would be a really great way to deal with this storyline.  They have gone out of their way to emphasize the "blended family" aspect, let's see that taken to the next level.

I honestly have come to realize that I am only remotely interested in Brady because of the woman he is with at the time; Chloe, Nicole, Kristen, Madison.  I find these women far more interesting characters than Brady has ever been.  They really need to find something to do with him.

Brady should be an interesting character. I feel that none of the legacy children are as interesting as their parents. None came close. Carrie should have been the lead heroine of the show, taking over from Marlena. Instead, she got marginalized for Sami.  The list goes on with Stefanie, Shawn-Douglas, Abigail, Belle, Andrew e.tc. The show has never invested in them.   I love the vets, but, they should not be driving stories anymore.  I find it laughable that John is a spy at his age...lol  Abigail will never be as interesting as her mother Jennifer, before she was destroyed at the altar of Taniel.  Shawn-Douglas will never be as good as Bo.  Or they will create fake legacy children like Paul, Tripp and Lani.  They were not needed.  It irritates me because John has other children, Steve has Stefanie and Joe, Abe has Brandon and his fatherly bond with Nicole..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

Brady should be an interesting character. I feel that none of the legacy children are as interesting as their parents. None came close. Carrie should have been the lead heroine of the show, taking over from Marlena. Instead, she got marginalized for Sami.  The list goes on with Stefanie, Shawn-Douglas, Abigail, Belle, Andrew e.tc. The show has never invested in them.   I love the vets, but, they should not be driving stories anymore.  I find it laughable that John is a spy at his age...lol  Abigail will never be as interesting as her mother Jennifer, before she was destroyed at the altar of Taniel.  Shawn-Douglas will never be as good as Bo.  Or they will create fake legacy children like Paul, Tripp and Lani.  They were not needed.  It irritates me because John has other children, Steve has Stefanie and Joe, Abe has Brandon and his fatherly bond with Nicole..

Carrie was NEVER marginalized for Sami..never..Sami was always the one who propped her..quite the opposite of being marginalized..The actress just chose to leave and when she returned she was not popular anymore..that's all. And the character was never really interesting and deep to begin with..and that is for this reason Sami was used to give her stories, to make her interesting !

• Love 2

I actually liked Brady until recently.  I have been an off-and-on viewer, so I'm sure I missed a lot of his actions (both good and bad) but he wasn't so horrible until lately, imo.  I don't really understand why he's written this way.

Edited by FnkyChkn34
typo
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, pau said:

Carrie was NEVER marginalized for Sami..never..Sami was always the one who propped her..quite the opposite of being marginalized..The actress just chose to leave and when she returned she was not popular anymore..that's all. And the character was never really interesting and deep to begin with..and that is for this reason Sami was used to give her stories, to make her interesting !

We will agree to disagree on the Carrie issue.  Carrie's relationship with her mother Anna was a story that was never told as it should have been.  The John/Marlena affair only showcased how Sami felt, it never really delved on how it affected Carrie and Eric. Carrie lost the most when Roman and Marlena came back from the dead. She had to give up John as her dad. She also lost Isabella and Diana as maternal figures.  JER wrote Carrie as a bland passive good girl. She had more fire as a child written by Sherry Anderson. Sherry's Carrie was more interesting than JER's and I can understand why people preferred Sami over her..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

We will agree to disagree on the Carrie issue.  Carrie's relationship with her mother Anna was a story that was never told as it should have been.  The John/Marlena affair only showcased how Sami felt, it never really delved on how it affected Carrie and Eric. Carrie lost the most when Roman and Marlena came back from the dead. She had to give up John as her dad. She also lost Isabella and Diana as maternal figures.  

Plus, wasn't Sami always going after Carrie's man?  Austin, Lucas, not sure who else...  There were always weird triangles/quadrangles.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

We will agree to disagree on the Carrie issue.  Carrie's relationship with her mother Anna was a story that was never told as it should have been.  The John/Marlena affair only showcased how Sami felt, it never really delved on how it affected Carrie and Eric. Carrie lost the most when Roman and Marlena came back from the dead. She had to give up John as her dad. She also lost Isabella and Diana as maternal figures.  

Ugh Eric was offscreen..blame the writers who did not cast/recast him at this time..and Carrie was showcased in this story but she was supportive of the relationship..if the writers wanted her to be against this relationship (which would have been credible by the way) they could have..Sami is not to blame for that at all. As for Carrie's relationship with Anna..first the actress playing Anna was not onscreen and did not want to come back (she was on Dawson..) or blame the writers for not recasting and not being interested in playing this story..Sami has nothing to do with that.. Actually she is the one who gave stories to Carrie AND Austin..without her being their interloper..no stories for them.

10 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Plus, wasn't Sami always going after Carrie's man?  Austin, Lucas, not sure who else...  There were always weird triangles/quadrangles.

Which gave stories to Carrie..Sami was just after Austin..nobody else.  She really did not care about  Carrie's other men.

Edited by pau
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I guess that I must be the only one that has sympathy for Brady.  I like the fact that things are not black and white with him.  I just feel that the show is rushing his going to the dark side. Brady reminds me a bit of Jack, that seething rage that is pushing him to do what he is doing. Plus, he has Victor who is encouraging to act this way.  I feel that John and Marlena should be involved with this story.  I would love for Carrie and Sami to be involved as well...That is the family drama that Jarlena should be trying to mediate.  

It's the violence within him, so ready to spring to the surface, and his readiness to be physically threatening, especially to those such as Maggie and Marlena who would be no match for him in that area.  He comes across, to me, as a bully, spoiling for a fight with literally anyone who dares to disagree with him.  That's what I can't stand.

• Love 12
12 minutes ago, boes said:

It's the violence within him, so ready to spring to the surface, and his readiness to be physically threatening, especially to those such as Maggie and Marlena who would be no match for him in that area.  He comes across, to me, as a bully, spoiling for a fight with literally anyone who dares to disagree with him.  That's what I can't stand.

That could be a beat that could be played to give Brady more depth as a character. Jack had a darkness as well and it is part of what made him interesting.  

19 minutes ago, pau said:

Ugh Eric was offscreen..blame the writers who did not cast/recast him at this time..and Carrie was showcased in this story but she was supporting of the relationship..if the writers wanted her to be against this relationship (which would have been credible by the way) they could have..Sami is not to blame for that at all. As for Carrie's relationship with Anna..first the actress playing Anna was not onscreen and did not want to come back (she was on Dawson..) or blame the writers for not recasting and not being interested in playing this story..Sami has nothing to do with that.. Actually she is the one who gave stories to Carrie AND Austin..without her being their interloper..no stories for them.

I was not blaming Sami. I was blaming the writers who were incapable of making Carrie an interesting heroine. Instead of  Carrie, constantly reacting to Sami and her schemes.  She had no agency.  That is my point.. It is very easy to write a bitch like Sami.  Carrie had lots of stories before Sami was aged.  Sherry wrote her really well even as a kid.. The more Sami got focus, the more Carrie got sidelined.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

A few thoughts on yesterdays show.....first, Brady sure had some crazy eyes when he got off phone with Nic.  Craaazzzzy!  Second, Nicole says "I'm so selfish".  Yes, yes you are.  In the past year you have been "in love" with Daniel, Deimos, Brady, and now Eric.  So we were supposed to believe Daniel was the love of her life, then Brady and now Eric is her true love?  Give me freakin break!  I hope Jennifer is there to mend Eric's heart when Nicole breaks it into a million pieces and stomps on it next week.  I really really liked what little we saw of Eric & Jennifer.  I am a 51 yo married woman but holy crap GV is so fine this time around!! 

Kate and Clyde were awesome scenes.  Like wow!  The past few weeks it seems the stories, actors, and dialogue have been so improved it's kind of astonishing how good it has been.  And it's not even sweeps yet!

Judi Evans can cry like no one else on daytime today....I love how she "messy" cries with snot and everything.  lol

Shallow note.....can we do a GoFundMe for a haircut for Lucas?  He NEEDS a cut and a new style.  He's a handsome guy but that hair has gotta go! 

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, Cupcake04 said:

Kate and Clyde were awesome scenes.  Like wow!  The past few weeks it seems the stories, actors, and dialogue have been so improved it's kind of astonishing how good it has been.  And it's not even sweeps yet!

So very much agree, awesome, rip your heart out scenes.  Kate was terrific, as was Clyde.

• Love 5

Brady is giving me Ben vibes lol.

Do we think Rolf is the main ringleader behind will or was he doing it on somebody’s orders.Liked the scenes of John/Marlena/Kate/Roman sitting around discussing the crimes Rolf did to them.

Im hoping victor is onto Bonnie.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Cupcake04 said:

Shallow note.....can we do a GoFundMe for a haircut for Lucas?  He NEEDS a cut and a new style.  He's a handsome guy but that hair has gotta go! 

But he's off the wagon, so his haircut actually fits with the story, IMO.  When he goes back to rehab, then they can clean him up.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, pau said:

Interesting, I think that Carrie was the perfect example of this.  Not blaming Sami or Allison Sweeney, this is more of a writing issue.  Clearly TPTB thought that they didn't need to continue developing Carrie, they thought that her being the opposition (Good girl) to Sami's much more developed and nuance character was more than enough.  Unfortunately it wasn't.  Then when they did have Carrie veer from being "perfect sister/person" they never gave any context or nuance as to why.  Carrie's fundamental character flaw was her penchant for infidelity specifically when it came to men she was on and off with. 

That was a perfect opportunity to expand Carrie some and give her a legitimate reason for her behavior.  I've said this before but outside of Sami's rape by Allen (not trying to minimize at all), it is actually Carrie who has had the more dramatic/traumatic childhood.  Carrie's childhood was never explored in relation to her adulthood and the choices she made, good or bad. 

That to me is the exact definition of being marginalized.  That doesn't take away from anything we got with Sami, who is a much better written character because she did get to explore those things.

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

Interesting, I think that Carrie was the perfect example of this.  Not blaming Sami or Allison Sweeney, this is more of a writing issue.  Clearly TPTB thought that they didn't need to continue developing Carrie, they thought that her being the opposition (Good girl) to Sami's much more developed and nuance character was more than enough.  Unfortunately it wasn't.  Then when they did have Carrie veer from being "perfect sister/person" they never gave any context or nuance as to why.  Carrie's fundamental character flaw was her penchant for infidelity specifically when it came to men she was on and off with. 

That was a perfect opportunity to expand Carrie some and give her a legitimate reason for her behavior.  I've said this before but outside of Sami's rape by Allen (not trying to minimize at all), it is actually Carrie who has had the more dramatic/traumatic childhood.  Carrie's childhood was never explored in relation to her adulthood and the choices she made, good or bad. 

That to me is the exact definition of being marginalized.  That doesn't take away from anything we got with Sami, who is a much better written character because she did get to explore those things.

Perfect post about Carrie in relation to Sami. Sherry who created Carrie would have explored Carrie in depth. She was more developed as a kid and very mature. Since she had to take over for Marlena, as the surrogate mother to the twins, alongside Isabella and Diana.

I don't think Sherry would have made Carrie a cheater, that was JER. It was lazy writing.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

I knew Brady was going to throw something Nicole's ashamed of sexually in her face. It's just who he is. 

She hurt him, and while I do think she could have waited for the sex with Eric, I'm glad she didn't. I feel like he would have thrown it in her face anyway. 

It is ridiculous that she's been "in love" with all these guys within this short amount of time, but I've always felt Eric was the one for her, screw all the St. Daniel bull. I was so glad that their scenes were about their love without the standard Daniel worshipping thrown in. The writing is uneven and turns on a dime with new regimes, but those few scenes I felt put it out there that she's always loved him above the others no matter how it quickly turns to crap. Was it smoothly told? Hell no, but I'll take it.

• Love 8

Brady's a creep, he's a weirdo. So he's going to blackmail Nicole into staying with him by threatening to tell people she killed Deimos?

I am SO glad Chloe is calling Julie out for changing the club name without her permission. Maybe they could call it Doug's Place at Club Chloe.

They really needed to go into more detail about genetically engineering Cassie and Rex, for those who don't know.  :)

• Love 5
1 hour ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

But he's off the wagon, so his haircut actually fits with the story, IMO.  When he goes back to rehab, then they can clean him up.

I agree that it fits, but he had this hair when he was still on the wagon....way back in the 90's lol

• Love 3

As much as a douchebag Brady is, everything he said to Nicole was on point. I did laugh when he assumed she wanted to work past it with him and the look on his face when he realized she didn't was priceless. He could have said a hell of a lot more and I was glad he kicked her lying user ass out. I know the majority here are Eric/Nicole fans, but I cannot stand her and the way she trounced in the house talking about all her plans, then she cannot even wait to get out of the house to call Eric and cry how hard it was to tell Brady??.  Eff off Nicole. 

Glad to see Bonnie sticking it to ole Vic. I know it won't last, but I will enjoy it while it lasts!

• Love 1

I'm an Ericole fan, but this should have happened 2 years ago. Or at the very least, before Nicole "fell in love with" Deimos and Brady.  I know it's a soap, but it's ridiculous that she's "been in love" with 3 men since the "love of her life" died. 

And I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for John and Isabella's baby boy.  

Bonnie better watch it, or she's going to find herself in Shady Pines, or whatever the mental hospital is called.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Cupcake04 said:

As much as a douchebag Brady is, everything he said to Nicole was on point. I did laugh when he assumed she wanted to work past it with him and the look on his face when he realized she didn't was priceless. He could have said a hell of a lot more and I was glad he kicked her lying user ass out. I know the majority here are Eric/Nicole fans, but I cannot stand her and the way she trounced in the house talking about all her plans, then she cannot even wait to get out of the house to call Eric and cry how hard it was to tell Brady??.  Eff off Nicole.

I did laugh at that, too. 

Nicole is not a terribly honorable character, but there is something about the way AZ plays her that gets me. Although, I did want to put duct tape over her mouth during some of the ridiculous berating she gave Eric time and time again over Daniel's death. 

But let's get back to his face when he realized she wasn't into moving forward with him. I was like poor Brady isn't going to be able to shame her endlessly and make her grovel at his feet for months upon months. She wanted to want him, she just didn't in the end. Do you honestly think if she hadn't slept with Eric and just told him how she realized she felt, he would have been any less of a spiteful douche? I don't. EM always plays Brady as trying to appear more noble than he really feels. It's this smugness he gets when he feels a woman has dared fuck up what he planned. Doesn't she know how lucky she is that he deigned take her on and lift her up. 

I know mileages vary, but that's how I feel about him. Nicole cheated and sure he gets to be hurt and even give her some hell, but I think to some extent he invites it. He loves to feel morally superior to all these harlots he has tried to save from themselves. 

Edited by Rowan
  • Love 8
On 12/10/2017 at 10:26 PM, JBC344 said:

Well i disagree..Carrie maybe was not enough developed but i don't see why Sami should be blamed for that.. Actually Sami gave Carrie something to do and to react.

Carrie is Carrie and Sami is Sami. If Sami was more developed it is not in reaction or tied to Carrie's lack of development.

Moreover Sami and Carrie were not the same type of soap 'model/trope' of character therefore each could have their place on the canvas. 

And i don't see how Carrie was marginalized, she was not enough developed but also very propped, always got the 'rooting' writing, even if for me it was not relatable at all and pretty corny/manichean..But many many fictional characters are not developed enough and get inconsistent writing..She is in good company..and if the actress had decided to stay maybe the character she portrayed could have benefited of writing with some depth..although i am not sure the writers/tptb thought she lacked of deeper writing..imo they really thought they wrote a really rooting, likable 'heroine'..hum..

Edited by pau
  • Love 1

I don't know why Brady expecting anything different from Nicole. She has burned him in the past, whether it trying to break his sobriety, lying to him, cheating on him, leaving him for another man. 

I honestly don't believe that she loves any of these men. Not really. Nicole is always going to choose herself first and foremost.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, nilyank said:

I don't know why Brady expecting anything different from Nicole. She has burned him in the past, whether it trying to break his sobriety, lying to him, cheating on him, leaving him for another man. 

I honestly don't believe that she loves any of these men. Not really. Nicole is always going to choose herself first and foremost.

The worse is Eric being interested in her...why..why ?? And now the guy betrayed his pseudo brother (if i understand well.. i do not watch this show right now..but from what i heard/read here) for her..lame.

Edited by pau
  • Love 1

I was half expecting him to hit her, though the show probably does not want to go there. Also, WHY is there a full bar cart right there in the living room when there are two people living there who are recovering alcoholics??? this bugs me to no end. it seems extremely selfish of Victor (this is totally on him, as Justin, Sonny, et al moved in relatively recently, and the bar has been there all along)

• Love 9
42 minutes ago, annabel said:

I was half expecting him to hit her, though the show probably does not want to go there. Also, WHY is there a full bar cart right there in the living room when there are two people living there who are recovering alcoholics??? this bugs me to no end. it seems extremely selfish of Victor (this is totally on him, as Justin, Sonny, et al moved in relatively recently, and the bar has been there all along)

I remember Shane getting very physical with Kim, after he found out that she cheated with Victor in Miami.  He manhandled her, it worked for the scene.  It showed how devastated, hurt  and enraged Shane was.  People would have lost their mind if Brady did that  with Nicole today..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

Surely the Kiriakis family could hire someone to build a bar closet that could house all the liquor bottles and decanters.

Nicole being in love is just need and codependence. She falls in love quite regularly.

She did confess to Brady - but he did have his suspicions verified.  He should take responsibility for being controlling. But there will be another woman soon.

The old lounge was part of the 70s and 80s.  Not hip or fashionable unless it is very retro and caters to that crowd. Chloe and Julie need to find a mediator to help them get past their disparate dreams for the club.

Dr. Rolf was long deceased, or so I thought.

Edited by Frozendiva
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, pau said:

Well i disagree..Carrie maybe was not enough developped but i don't see why Sami should be blamed for that.. Actually Sami gave Carrie something to do and to react.

Carrie is Carrie and Sami is Sami. If Sami was more developped it is not in reaction or tied to Carrie's lack of development.

Moreover Sami and Carrie were not the same type of soap 'model/trope' of character therefore each could have their place on the canvas. 

And i don't see how Carrie was marginalized, she was not enough developed but also very propped, always got the 'rooting' writing, even if for me it was not relatable at all and pretty corny/manichean..But many many fictional characters are not developped enough and get inconsistent writing..She is in good company..and if the actress had decided to stay maybe the character she portrayed could have benefited of writing with some depth..although i am not sure the writers/tptb thought she lacked of deeper writing..imo they really thought they wrote a really rooting, likable 'heroine'..hum..

Who is blaming Sami?  My second sentence specifically says Sami isn't to "blame".  I believe that Carrie was marginalized in relation to Sami.  The whole point of my post is to show that Sami was the better developed and more nuanced character and that the writers relied on Carrie's dominate character trait to be "Sami's opposite".  Carrie will be the "good" to Sami's "bad".  That doesn't mean that Carrie didn't get screen time or that she wasn't used, or involved in plots.  What some of us are posting about is HOW she was used and how TPTB "not Sami" didn't develop Carrie as a character outside of Sami.  They were incredibly lazy and just assumed that Carrie being Sami's opposition was enough.  IMO it wasn't.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

I believe that Carrie was marginalized in relation to Sami.  The whole point of my post is to show that Sami was the better developed and more nuanced character and that the writers relied on Carrie's dominate character trait to be "Sami's opposite".  Carrie will be the "good" to Sami's "bad".  That doesn't mean that Carrie didn't get screen time or that she wasn't used, or involved in plots.  What some of us are posting about is HOW she was used and how TPTB "not Sami" didn't develop Carrie as a character outside of Sami. 

I thought Carrie and Sami were both well developed- Carrie is the responsible, older sister, who stepped up while the parents were being rotated in and out of the twins lives. Mature beyond her years, martyrlike and long suffering. Carrie was only weak where "True Love" is concerned- perhaps in part because of the example set by all her adult role models, constantly finding their "soulmates" only to lose, and regain them, tragically. Sami is the schemer, named for her crazy aunt- kidnapped in childhood,and passed through multiple sets of parents, with one horrible trauma after another, along her way to adulthood. The only thing the writer did right in that era, IMO, was teen Sami, Carrie, Lucas, and young Billie. They all make perfect sense as the culminations of their backstories. (Austin, alas, was never acted well enough and seemed the weak link in those plotlines.)

• Love 2
6 hours ago, buffynut said:

And I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for John and Isabella's baby boy.  

Yes. I think this is why, as awful as he has been developed, I can't hate Brady. He is an ass, but after all of the women he chooses who seem to screw him over, I can sort of get WHY he is so fucked up. And Nicole, the latest, is SO not worth ruining Eric and Brady's pseudo-brotherly bond. Sadly, it seems to be going there.

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, Nmissi said:

I thought Carrie and Sami were both well developed- Carrie is the responsible, older sister, who stepped up while the parents were being rotated in and out of the twins lives. Mature beyond her years, martyrlike and long suffering. Carrie was only weak where "True Love" is concerned- perhaps in part because of the example set by all her adult role models, constantly finding their "soulmates" only to lose, and regain them, tragically. Sami is the schemer, named for her crazy aunt- kidnapped in childhood,and passed through multiple sets of parents, with one horrible trauma after another, along her way to adulthood. The only thing the writer did right in that era, IMO, was teen Sami, Carrie, Lucas, and young Billie. They all make perfect sense as the culminations of their backstories. (Austin, alas, was never acted well enough and seemed the weak link in those plotlines.)

See, I agree with you that Carrie was very well developed as a young  and older teen but once she became a full fledged adult and Sami was SORASED, her character development became stalled.

Carrie's relationships with men should have been an exploration into her childhood and how Roman, John, Marlena, Tony, and Anna navigated their messy love lives and how that affected Carrie not as a teen with John or helping to raise Sami and Eric but as a full fledged woman.

Carrie's history as a member of the Dimera family and the constant threat that Stefano would/could/did take her away from Tony and Anna when he wanted to hurt them.  Where were the scenes of Carrie and Tony bonding as step-father and daughter when she was an adult?  Where were the scenes of Carrie's perspective as Tony was spiraling out of control during the 90's?

Carrie's burns and disfigurement how did that play into the way she saw herself and did that make her hold onto Austin much more than she should of at that age?

Carrie's fearlessness after Sami was raped by Allen, not just because she was Sami's sister but because she was maternal to her as a child.  Where was that exploration? Or Carrie's guilt that Allen raped Sami because of his twisted obsession with Carrie? 

Did Carrie put up with all the Austin/Sami drama because she was terrified of losing Austin even if he wasn't worth all the drama that came with being with him?

Carrie has a very rich history, I just wish that a lot of it was allowed to be explored with her as an ADULT.   

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Cupcake04 said:

Bowl cuts can sometimes work, but not with a guy who has a round face and is over the age of 40. It just looks awful.

I wonder if Real Will is going to turn out to have been brainwashed, a la Lucky on General Hospital when he came back as Jacob Young?

• Love 2

also, I think I have mentioned this before, the facial hair on Lucas is really weird. if he's not up to shaving he should be in full beard mode. but this strange smudginess on his upper lip and chin is just not working

• Love 3

When is the last time anyone mentioned Anne Milbauer on the show?

"...your ass is going to prison for murder!"

Wow Brady. Did John threaten you for sleeping with Kristen? Did Eric threaten you for going back to Kristen or thinking about it after she raped him? No? Then maybe you should understand not to take things too far just because you're upset about a family member sleeping with someone and betraying you in the process. Interesting to note he's sober as well. If he was drunk right now then that might at least mitigate some of it. I think it all boils down to what he said today about Kristen and Theresa. I hate hearing him use the word "whore" but you can tell it's Victor's influence. Or has he used that word frequently in the past? I don't quite remember. Still....how messed up is it that he recorded her confession? And which of the instances when they spoke about the murder did he record? Was it their second conversation about it, because obviously he wouldn't have known she was about to admit it the first time? I didn't recognize the dialogue on the audio track he played.

I'm not sure I can swallow Brady as the new Victor. Interesting creative choice, though, Ron.

I am so tired of Nicole doing "but what am I going to do now?" face. We've had 10 months of it. Zucker could have really given us some great facial expressions in response to Brady's horrible threats. I'm surprised she didn't look more disgusted with him. 

Marlena was kind of weird during her conversation with Eric. Is Deidre phoning it in? She used to be more believable and varied in her character's responses to things. You would think Marlena would flashback immediately to all of the times Brady has been let down in love and be deeply concerned for the backlash sure to ensue. Brady has been an addict for a long time and after his relationships have gone south, he's had falling outs with Eric and John in the past and turned to booze and drugs. She seemed weirdly okay with Eric and Nicole suddenly becoming a thing again. Even if she's happy for Eric, she should still be hearing the time bomb about to explode...

Sami! Please God let this new arc wrap up the many loose ends that have been hanging over this show for too long. I'm eager to see her ream Kate for her idiotic marriage to Andre, and make Abigail feel like dirt. I don't know if we'll have time for either of those things, but fingers crossed!

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 4

Fuck it up Brady! Fuck it up!

Yall know I love Eric and Nicole but this Brady shit is FIRE!!!! 

Eric Martsorf is slaying my damn life!  He's going to get another Emmy nomination off this.  I been waiting, WAITING, all these years to see Brady finally tap into his inner-Kiriakis and Ron has finally given it to me.  Tell Nicole she can't have him nor Eric.  Ooo chile.  Don't piss off Brady.  I love it.  It's like throwback Victor.  If they are going to make him a villian make him an authentic villian.  He's no longer the pushover boring drunk.  He's actually a dick with a spine.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 5

Nothing new with Brady being a waspish bully with a mean mouth.  He's threatening, don't get me wrong, but more in a mean-gurl-with-an-uzi way.  If Nicole could find an errant chest hair on that waxed body of his and pluck it, he'd collapse in a buzzing whine.  Or she could sink a stiletto in his head, although to do any real damage she'd have to hit him a lot lower than that.

Plus, Brady, you might want to consider....

giphy.gif

Now go stare in your mirror and sing "I feel pretty".

P.S.  I just don't LIKE him much!

• Love 13

Um.  Nicole: "I need you to hear this." Brady: "Don't you tell me what I need, you don't get to tell me what I need."  Uh, she was saying what she needed.

I've thought Brady was a disgusting person for quite a while now, and it's even clearer now.  Are they going to make him full on villain now?

The John and Paul scene was once again too dark to see properly.

"Never say never where the DiMeras are concerned."  Well, John should know.  I wonder if Paul know the whole "John Black" story.

• Love 5
On 10/8/2017 at 4:56 PM, A.J. said:

And I'd love, love to see more of Xander.  Why they don't make this smoking hot guy a regular cast member is beyond me. 

Maybe because Paul Telfer's not actually all that good? Just my take on it.

On 10/11/2017 at 2:07 AM, DisneyBoy said:

Lord knows if Dena was still running the show, we'd be seeing Marlena try to pull Eric and Jennifer apart and Nicole probably whispering Daniel's name during sex with Brady.

Gackhzkch!

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, willgracefan said:

How are Eric and Brady brothers? 

Biologically, they aren't. Eric is Roman and Marlena's son. Brady is John and Isabella's son. But Marlena was basically Brady's mother figure and John was Roman for many years and helped raise Eric (and Sami and Carrie). So, pseudo-brothers. And, yeah, stepbrothers.

• Love 3

Using the knowledge of Nicole killing Deimos against her?  Who didn't see that coming?  It was pretty obvious that that was coming after Nicole spilled it to Brady a month-and-a-half ago.

So glad Sami's back!  Hopefully, acting-wise, Alison hasn't lost a step and can breathe some new life into this "Will is alive" story.

• Love 6

I guess I am the only one who likes Brady going dark. It makes sense to me, the show is rushing it because a certain actress is leaving. Plus, Nicole is not some innocent victim. This is a woman that manipulated a young, frightened, lonely pregnant teenager, in order to get her baby to kidnap Sami's baby. What kind of a person does that? Her manipulations kept Mia from being with Grace during her last moments on Earth. I remember how she screwed over Brady to get with EJ. Brady should have referenced that in his smackdown. I think she tried to even kill Brady to keep quiet about her miscarriage. I don't feel sorry for Nicole. I will happily seat at my table of one. As bad as Brady is now. He will never be as bad as Victor. If he puts a hit out on Eric, then, he will be just like him.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 10

I will add that I think Nicole is reaping what she sowed with Brady.  the times that she screwed him over in her own self interests are numerous. She either gravitates towards a good guys that she ends up betraying and hurting or bad guys who try to hurt her when she betrays then.

• Love 6

I haven't even watched yet and reading the comments about Brady...whew. I knew he was going to go all "if I can't be happy, neither can you" on Nicole and Eric, and I'll be ok with that as long as he embraces it and everybody else in Salem does, too. I am not going to be able to stomach Maggie and John and half the town talking about how this isn't him and and completely glossing over his asshole behavior because he's really just a heartbroken hero like they always do when he chooses to act like a fool. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I guess I am the only one who likes Brady going dark. It makes sense to me, the show is rushing it because a certain actress is leaving. Plus, Nicole is not some innocent victim. This is a woman that manipulated a young, frightened, lonely pregnant teenager, in order to get her baby to kidnap Sami's baby. What kind of a person does that? Her manipulations kept Mia from being with Grace during her last moments on Earth. I remember how she screwed over Brady to get with EJ. Brady should have referenced that in his smackdown. I think she tried to even kill Brady to keep quiet about her miscarriage. I don't feel sorry for Nicole. I will happily seat at my table of one. As bad as Brady is now. He will never be as bad as Victor. If he puts a hit out on Eric, then, he will be just like him.

3 hours ago, nilyank said:

I will add that I think Nicole is reaping what she sowed with Brady.  the times that she screwed him over in her own self interests are numerous. She either gravitates towards a good guys that she ends up betraying and hurting or bad guys who try to hurt her when she betrays then.

I prefer scheming lying Nicole over "woe is me - sob sob" Nicole any day of the week.  I don't feel sorry for Nicole, but she was a hell of a lot more entertaining to watch when she was screwing people over.  I also don't have a problem with Nicole's past behavior coming back to bite her in the ass.  It should.  That's one of the things that used to make soaps fun to watch.  Unfortunately, there are way to many characters who get a free pass for their behavior because they've been designated the "good" characters even though they aren't.

Please let Sami put the smack down on 99% of Salem.  If Sami and Lucas want to break the bed again while she is in town, that would work to.  If Will is alive, and Sami/Kate/Lucas team up to find him, that would be the perfect SL to get AS to return for a visit.  I hope that's why Sami is here.

• Love 11
28 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

In fairness, lots of other people get that special treatment in town - Hope, Abigail, etc.

I get that. I do. And in all fairness, there is an element of reaping what one sows going on here, but cheating and then owning up to the mistake is not some horrible crime. I'll say again I've not seen today's episode, but the gist is that he's going to blackmail her with going to prison and losing her child because she doesn't want to be with him? I think that's ridiculously overboard. It's petty and and kind of vile. 

• Love 10
5 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I guess I am the only one who likes Brady going dark.

I don't mind Brady going dark.  But I do mind why he's going dark.  Really, he should've known that this would happen with Nicole.  He got back with Nicole fairly soon after Theresa suddenly dumped him to go to Mexico, and Nicole got back with Brady so soon after giving Deimos the heave-ho.  They were both on the rebound, and rebound relationships almost never work out.  They're bound to fall apart sooner or later, and that was exactly what they did.  So he shouldn't be so surprised about this, nor should he be that hurt.  His possessiveness and controlling attitude certainly didn't help matters much.  If anything, all of that just drove Nicole to Eric sooner.

So . . . yeah.  While I'm not against Brady going from hero to villain, I can't be in support of why he's making that change.

• Love 5