Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, Sidney said:

Yeah, they've brought a more mature version of Abigail to the role. And she does seem more comfortable and relax than she did a few moths ago. Now that she's not playing all this heavy dramatic stuff, she's doing a pretty good job with the fun, lighthearted material she's playing.

You can tell how much her and Billy like working together.

i hate the lighthearted giggly stuff she does around chad. seems very immature. also, like others have said. best to wary of a woman who was in a mental hospital, was seeing things and set her ex on fire. 

i guess i have a hair fixation (see jennifer. ugh and blech ) but she would look so much better with much shorter and actually styled hair. when you have straight stringy long hair it just does nothing for you, it needs a good cut.

• Love 1

Wow!  Great way to end a Friday!  Thank God Hope figured out pretty quickly that "Marlena" is really Hattie and confronted her.  I actually can't wait to see what happens on Monday!

Since she wasn't being a bitch, I was actually oddly happy to see Sheila, too.  I hope she comes through for Adrienne and delivers the message to Justin.

Lucas and Chloe had some very nice scenes.  I wouldn't mind seeing more of them.

Andre's humiliation was my everything.  Though his reunion with John and Marlena at Bayview was entertaining.

Really hope they can get to John and Marlena before they get their ECT.

Great Friday episode!

• Love 3

I really hope come Monday that Andre explains why on Earth he dated a woman who looks exactly like Marlena and that Hattie explains why on Earth she went along with this nutbar scheme especially after Hope helped free her from prison.

Great way to end a Friday! Thank God Hope figured out pretty quickly that "Marlena" is really Hattie and confronted her.  I actually can't wait to see what happens on Monday!

Agreed!

Thank you!

No problem! You can also do a quick search to see which websites have daily recaps. I sometimes refer to those to see what I missed out on.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Cupcake04 said:

So....I am way behind and have 2 weeks of episodes on dvr and there is no more room so I need to delete....are there any episodes this week or last that are worth keeping until I have time to watch?  I haven't had time to read here much either so I don't know what has been going on.  Last episode I saw was when Morgan Fairchild died and they were all still in the hotel room (2 Fridays ago I think).  TIA for your help!

Today's episode was the best in a long time.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Star Aristille said:

Andre's humiliation was my everything.  Though his reunion with John and Marlena at Bayview was entertaining.

This was too good.  From Kate and Hattie laughing at him to his shock and later rage, it was all awesome to watch.  Outside of her being involved in a kidnapping, I wouldn't mind it if Hattie got away with what she did.   

21 hours ago, Star Aristille said:

She had one.  The writers trashed him not once, but twice.  And for no good reason at all.

So true.  I so hate what they did to Aiden.  He and Hope were so great together. 

• Love 3

A bunch of little things I enjoyed today.  Hattie throughout the press conference, but especially when she called the Spectator "stinky".  Bonnie enthusing about the scones being "so buttery!".  Paul showing some impressive soap smarts by calling Shane to check up on "Marlena"'s story.  Chloe looking really pretty.  Hope's "Yup, got her!" face when Paul made that comment "Marlena" acting like a completely different person and then busting Hattie trying to leave.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, A.J. said:

This was too good.  From Kate and Hattie laughing at him to his shock and later rage, it was all awesome to watch.  Outside of her being involved in a kidnapping, I wouldn't mind it if Hattie got away with what she did.   

So true.  I so hate what they did to Aiden.  He and Hope were so great together. 

Most of my Aiden love came from liking Daniel Cosgrove because I've always found him likable, but I was surprised at how much I wound up rooting for Hope and Aiden to make it, because I saw some genuine connection between the actors involved.

• Love 7

Not much to add to today's comments. Please, Jennifer, do something with the straw hair.  Maybe not so ashy of a blonde shade. It's aging and with the harsh makeup, yikes.

Nice to see that both Hope and Paul got access to the Salem Brain today - Paul for not buying 'Marlena' and her fishy story and Hope putting the pieces together that 'Marlena' is 'Hattie'.

Andre didn't really deserve the public shamefest - the press conference should have been a Board meeting. No need for the local news crews to be there. I did enjoy his reunion with Marlena and John at the asylum and the shock on his face when 'Hattie' was mentioned.

Neither Justin nor Victor have any idea that 'Adrienne' seems a little.... off? Hopefully the card will get to Justin before 'Adrienne' snatches it away and keeps this storyline going on for a loooooong time.

• Love 4

Andre may have not deserved the public shamefest, but he was the one who called the press conference, so it is all on him. I loved Thaao back in the 80s when he was Tony, but I just cannot with Andre.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Neither Justin nor Victor have any idea that 'Adrienne' seems a little.... off? Hopefully the card will get to Justin before 'Adrienne' snatches it away and keeps this storyline going on for a loooooong time.

It's Ron Carlivati. I expect this to draaaaaaaag out for as long as he can. He and James E. Reilly (UGH!) have two things in common: Love of camp and dragging crap out long past its expiration date.

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Andre didn't really deserve the public shamefest - the press conference should have been a Board meeting. No need for the local news crews to be there.

Maybe he did, maybe he didn't.  But I appreciate that there was a mention of Trista during the shamefest.  I was wondering where the mention of her was when Hattie first brought up Andre's killing spree back in the day, but at least Ron remembered to have her mention her today.  Shows he really is paying attention to history.

40 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

It's Ron Carlivati. I expect this to draaaaaaaag out for as long as he can. He and James E. Reilly (UGH!) have two things in common: Love of camp and dragging crap out long past its expiration date.

Given that Hope figured out Hattie today, I think it's only a matter of time before Bonnie gets found out, too.

• Love 3

Per Wiki, Samantha Evans was killed by the Salem Strangler in 1982. Recall hearing years later that, when it happened, outraged fans thought it was Marlena that was killed, and a bunch of fans picketed the studio that weekend before the revelation the following Monday that Samantha was the real victim.

• Love 2
On 9/9/2017 at 0:03 AM, WendyCR72 said:

It's Ron Carlivati. I expect this to draaaaaaaag out for as long as he can.

I think he paced this out pretty good for a change.  Hattie switched places with Marlena, what, end of July, and she's been exposed early September.  And people were skeptical about her behavior pretty much from the start.

Of course, if the Bonnie/Adrienne part stretches into the New Year, I'll pretend I never said any of that lol.

I think it also helped that, unlike most doppelganger stories, we knew what was going on up top.  GH did several stories where a character was acting weird for waaaay too long before the switch was revealed to the audience and that's not as fun, IMO.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2
On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 0:26 AM, annabel said:

When was Marlena's twin, who was played by her actual twin sister killed (and by who)? during the same spree as Trista? I can't believe I remember Trista. Wasn't she Eugene's first love?

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 0:56 AM, WendyCR72 said:

Per Wiki, Samantha Evans was killed by the Salem Strangler in 1982. Recall hearing years later that, when it happened, outraged fans thought it was Marlena that was killed, and a bunch of fans picketed the studio that weekend before the revelation the following Monday that Samantha was the real victim.

No.  Trista Evans was killed by Andre while he was the Salem Slasher.  The Salem Strangler killed Samantha Evans, as @WendyCR72 said.  The identity of that serial killer was Jake Kositchek, the brother of Chris Kositchek (who also happened to be Josh Taylor's first character on the show years before he returned as a recast Roman).

Edited by Star Aristille
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, mariah23 said:

Okay, who's hand was that at the end?  My mother has deluded herself into thinking it was Jack.

I take it you don't read the spoilers. I kinda wish I didn't know who it was, but I wasn't expecting today's cliffhanger, so that was a surprise.

Edit to add: At least I *think* I know who it is.

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, buffynut said:

I take it you don't read the spoilers. I kinda wish I didn't know who it was, but I wasn't expecting today's cliffhanger, so that was a surprise.

I am hoping that it is someone else and not the person that we think it is...There will be other returns under Ron...

• Love 4

I also *think* I know who it might be at the end there. Great teaser in any event...

Nice finally seeing Hattie and Hope together...though yeah, I wish Hope had let her go. Seems hypocritical not too. I hate High Horse Cop Hope. The Miranda rights were cute. 

Did Hattie say Stefano put her up to it all? 

I appreciate that Ron's trying to reconfigure Andre's place on the show. I suspect by Xmas he'll be full-on scheming with naive Abby still on his side.

I'm just bummed we only got *one scene* of him squirming in a straightjacket. He deserves several. Why anyone, much less Kate, has sympathy for him I don't understand.

Ron's finally given Roman and Lucas screentime and it's appreciated.

• Love 7
30 minutes ago, buffynut said:

I'm sorry!

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, swtrgrl said:

What happened today? It's aired so it's not a spoiler. 'Sup?

I kind of missed it but from what I could see, in the last scene of the show another patient at the mental institution who was strapped down managed to snag some keys from an orderly. Basically we saw the hand of a man in restraints.

• Love 3

Sure a lot of flashbacks at the beginning of today's show.

In what mental hospital (other than a soap) would patients be lying next to each other during treatment?

"You feel bad.  If you lost your sense of touch, then and only then would you feel badly."  LOL

I never realized how much taller Lauren Koslow is than Billy Flynn.

Not very much security there at that sanitarium.  Where's the guy with the taser?

Diedre did a great job as heartbroken Hattie today.

• Love 7

That was the Hope I remember and used to like.  In fact, I loved the scenes with Hope & Hattie.  I also thought DH did a great job portraying Hattie today. I really believed she was a different character.

Back to Hope, I so wish they'd split her and Rafe up and find another storyline for her.  I think my hatred of Rope is a combination of the murder/coverup, along with the speed in which Hope got over having her missing husband come back alive and the die 2 seconds later, while at the same time finding out the man she was about to marry tried to kill her.  All that should have put her in Shadybrooke, but no, it just propelled her into another romance.  I actually liked her and Aiden, and liked Chase, and would have been fine if they'd become a family, instead we ended up with Rope and no family for Hope. 

• Love 8
38 minutes ago, buffynut said:

That was the Hope I remember and used to like.  In fact, I loved the scenes with Hope & Hattie.  I also thought DH did a great job portraying Hattie today. I really believed she was a different character.

Back to Hope, I so wish they'd split her and Rafe up and find another storyline for her.  I think my hatred of Rope is a combination of the murder/coverup, along with the speed in which Hope got over having her missing husband come back alive and the die 2 seconds later, while at the same time finding out the man she was about to marry tried to kill her.  All that should have put her in Shadybrooke, but no, it just propelled her into another romance.  I actually liked her and Aiden, and liked Chase, and would have been fine if they'd become a family, instead we ended up with Rope and no family for Hope. 

yes, today was the first time i've like hope in ages. she has really changed over the years to an unlikeable, get away with murder, literally, person. it makes me ill every time i see the hope and rafe scenes remembering he used to be married to her niece sammy.

• Love 3

This is the Hope I used to like, and I actually felt for Hattie for a second today. So, huh, good stuff. 

I've enjoyed the lighter hearted stuff between Chad and Abby recently, but I really do wish they would have a serious talk about the issues that lead to the breakup. It's like Abby left him because she felt he loved Gabi, but then suddenly she realizes he loves her more because she saved his life? Whatever. 

I don't like Bonnie, and I'm not a huge fan of Lucas, so I'm not loving this whole Adrienne/Bonnie story. However, I know BD has a lot of fans and heaven knows he's put his time in on the back burner over the years so I'll deal and not fuss too much. 

• Love 5

Really don't get why Chad and Abigail couldn't see that Andre really was trying to go behind their backs today.

Enjoyed Hope and Hattie's scenes a lot.  I loved how Hope kept at Hattie until her clothes spilled, and she had no other recourse but to finally admit the truth.  But I definitely took something away from the scenes -- that Hattie isn't a bad person.  Just someone who got into a desperate situation and handled it poorly.

I had a feeling something would go wrong with Sheila.  Of course she gets a sweeter deal from Bonnie.

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 0:38 PM, TeeVee329 said:

Of course, if the Bonnie/Adrienne part stretches into the New Year, I'll pretend I never said any of that lol.

Looks like it's going to.:(

I couldn't believe it.  I was actually shocked, but pleased, that John and Marlena were saved from the ECT just in time.  I hope they sue Bayview for this.  And I really wanted them to have just one more scene with Evil Black Orderly and beat him down after they were freed just for how badly and cruelly he treated them.

• Love 7

I too felt sorry for Hattie. Just a few wrong choices. She should have mentioned Anj. Hopefully Hope will get Hattie a light sentence or the ability to walk away and start a new, better life. Hope should realize that she too has made some questionable choices in life and maybe give Hattie a break.

Of course Bonnie would offer Sheila a better offer.

Surprised that the cavalry came to rescue John and Marlena so quickly. The evil orderly certainly deserves some comeuppance, and probably being fired.

Chad and Abby do need to have a serious discussion about their relationship and their issues *before* they get married. Otherwise it is lather, rinse, and repeat.

Who is the mystery man in the restraints?

• Love 6

way back when I first watched the show, before Bo and Hope ever got together (Bo might not have even been on the show yet) teenage Hope had the biggest crush on Roman and I was hoping it might be mentioned when she was dealing with Hattie today.

I hope Hattie tells the whole story, Anjelica, Bonnie and all.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Who is the mystery man in the restraints?

You probably should go to the spoiler thread or the comings and goings one and do some deductive reasoning. Can't post it here b/c it'd be a spoiler and it's not "fact" ... yet. LOL 

Thanks for letting me know the last scene. Carolyn was in Denver and didn't recap yesterday.

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Did anybody else fist pump during the Nicole Eric fantasy scene at the top of today's episode?

Cuz I totally didn't...

:)

Oh yes, especially after Brady was such acting like such a little bitch with Nicole. And what's with her asking permission to keep working?  First, Theresa had to sacrifice herself and her life in Salem because Brady couldn't be trusted to act like an adult in finding out about the druglord obsessing over her, but now we have Nicole afraid to follow her passion and wanting to contiue to work with Eric because Brady can't get a grip on his jealousy.  And we're supposed to think Brady's a prize?

I do like Eli and Gabi together though--they are believably cute together and I was shocked at how graciously Julie apologized to Eli but her overall niceness to Gabi.  Has Julie matured?  :):)

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 8
23 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Nice finally seeing Hattie and Hope together...though yeah, I wish Hope had let her go. Seems hypocritical not too. I hate High Horse Cop Hope. The Miranda rights were cute. 

Hope seems to be damned if she does, damned if she doesn't with viewers.  They complain if she breaks the law, they complain if she upholds the law.  So which is it?  

• Love 2

Hope is just a hypocritical bitch and I cannot stand her anymore.  I dislike her so much that I would want Bo to reunite with Billie, just so she could feel bad.  Josh Griffith destroyed her character when he had her commit murder.  Stefano did deserve to die, but, the fallout with Hope left me cold.  He did the same thing with Joey.  Our heroes have to be moral, once they start behaving like the villains, then, they cease to be rootable.

Hope was always a decent woman. She had her flaws, but, always remained likable. Now her relationship with that judgmental, oaf Rafe has cemented my eternal hatred of her.  This Rape pairing has done nothing but harm the character of Hope.  Hope needs to be rested on the backburner, while the show figure out how to repair her. It did wonders for Jennifer after her abysmal treatment of Jack and the nightmare that was Dannifer.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

The simple fact of the matter is she shot Stefano for no good goddamn reason, hid it for almost a year and then even when she went to jail got the help of someone who smuggled her out to save her life...and then returned to her normal life and job sans repercussions just because she's Hope.

This show has been cutting Hope brakes left, right and center. If I have to make a list I'll make a list: Hattie, Eric, Rafe, Marlena, Kayla, Steve, Shane, Roman, Austin, Paul, Sonny and that Russian ISA woman all worked together to keep Hope from suffering the consequences of her mistakes. Hattie in particular saved her life and then was shanked for it not too long after, if I recall correctly. I would think Hope would take a look at her incredible luck and good fortune and pass a little bit of that along to Hattie. I'm not saying she should overlook what she did to John and Marlena in particular, but rather that Hope should make Hattie agree to getting really good therapy and paying a debt to society without sending her back to jail...a sort of off the books arrangement.

I suspect the show will have Hope give some kind of statement that will get Hattie out of jail time, but realistically speaking the crimes she committed would have her sent right back to prison for an even longer stretch of time.

...but I also feel Hope has absolutely no business on the police force after everything she's done and all of the laws everyone broke to save her. It really burns me that she's still a cop. I think the show would have done the character a major favor to have her step away from law enforcement and move into some other career. I really want to like the character and I do like the actress, but the plotting for her the last two years has been abysmal. Her not sticking her neck out for the woman who went above and beyond to help her even though they barely knew each other really rubs me the wrong way.

Yes, I know she did something to help free Hattie from jail, but whatever Hope did was legal. Hattie did something wildly illegal for someone she barely knew just because she's a good soul. Shouldn't she therefore bend the law with Hattie to pay that debt?

Oh nevermind. This Hattie plot never made any sense from the beginning and I can't really fairly debate it knowing that everyone is acting out of character.

Perhaps my extreme irritation also stems from the way real life police officers are never held accountable for the atrocities they commit simply because they're cops and therefore the de-facto "good guys" no matter how they behave.

I do like Eli and Gabi together though--they are believably cute together and I was shocked at how graciously Julie apologized to Eli but her overall niceness to Gabi.  Has Julie matured?  

Maybe she just had some bran this morning.

I have to admit I'm liking Eli more now that he's smiling. The actor definitely seems to have some potential when he's not stuck being alpha male FBI guy or being mad at his mommy.

Ron, can you please break up Rafe and Hope? How about this: have Andre need to blow off some steam and just snap Rafe's neck while walking through the Square. Two birds, one stone! Rafe's off the show and Andre's back to being a fun, murdering villain again. Win-win!

Am I hoping for too much or did it seem like Hope was actually reluctant to commit to Rafe in that last shot they shared together? The expressions on KA's face were pretty ambiguous.

Arianne Zucker, meanwhile, seemed to show through her tears that Nicole probably is still wildly attracted to Eric and can't help it and hates herself for it because she's made up her mind to be with Brady. Anybody else get that?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

The simple fact of the matter is she shot Stefano for no good goddamn reason, hid it for almost a year and then even when she went to jail got the help of someone who smuggled her out to save her life. This show has been cutting Hope brakes left, right and center. If I have to make a list I'll make a list: Hattie, Rafe, Marlena, Kayla, Steve, Shane, Roman, Austin and that Russian ISA woman all worked together to keep Hope from suffering the consequences of her mistakes. Hattie in particular saved her life and then was shanked for it not too long after, if I recall correctly. I would think Hope would take a look at her incredible luck and good fortune and pass a little bit of that along to Hattie. I'm not saying she should overlook what she did to John and Marlena in particular, but rather that Hope should make Hattie agree to getting really good therapy and paying a debt to society without sending her back to jail...a sort of off the books arrangement.

6 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

...but I also feel Hope has absolutely no business on the police force after everything she's done and all of the laws everyone broke to save her. It really burns me that she's still a cop. I think the show would have done the character a major favor to have her step away from law enforcement and move into some other career. I really want to like the character and I do like the actress, but the plotting for her the last two years has been abysmal. Her not sticking her neck out for the woman who went above and beyond to help her even though they barely knew each other really rubs me the wrong way.

I love this. This should be sent to Ken Corday, Ron and Sherry about the character of Hope...I blame Dena for this because we have had Hope on the front-burner for the past 2 years and I am sick of it..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

The simple fact of the matter is she shot Stefano for no good goddamn reason, hid it for almost a year and then even when she went to jail got the help of someone who smuggled her out to save her life. This show has been cutting Hope brakes left, right and center. If I have to make a list I'll make a list: Hattie, Rafe, Marlena, Kayla, Steve, Shane, Roman, Austin and that Russian ISA woman all worked together to keep Hope from suffering the consequences of her mistakes. Hattie in particular saved her life and then was shanked for it not too long after, if I recall correctly. I would think Hope would take a look at her incredible luck and good fortune and pass a little bit of that along to Hattie. I'm not saying she should overlook what she did to John and Marlena in particular, but rather that Hope should make Hattie agree to getting really good therapy and paying a debt to society without sending her back to jail...a sort of off the books arrangement.

I suspect the show will have Hope give some kind of statement that will get Hattie out of jail time, but realistically speaking the crimes she committed would have her sent right back to prison for an even longer stretch of time.

Yes, I know she did something to help free Hattie from jail, but whatever Hope did was legal. Hattie did something wildly illegal for someone she barely knew just because she's a good soul.

Oh nevermind. This Hattie plot never made any sense from the beginning and I can't really fairly debate it knowing that everyone is acting out of character.

But isn't there one thing you're overlooking?  Hope didn't ASK anyone to break the law to help her.  Rafe did it on his own; Hattie did it on her own; Kayla, Austin, and Marlena didn't even know they were breaking the law (did they?); and Steve and Shane did it on their own without telling anyone else.  So how is all of that Hope's fault?  Didn't she actually want to turn herself in?  And while she was hiding Stefano's murder, the guilt was eating her alive (just like it was to Joey).  So doesn't their guilt and remorse show some morals and that they are decent people at the core?  (cc: @Apprentice79)

I guess since I've always liked Hope, I still give her the benefit of the doubt.  Aiden was an @$$, Bo never should have died, and it's not her fault that Rafe is boring.

Edited by FnkyChkn34
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

But isn't there one thing you're overlooking?  Hope didn't ASK anyone to break the law to help her.  Rafe did it on his own; Hattie did it on his own; Kayla, Austin, and Marlena didn't even know they were breaking the law (did they?); and Steve and Shane did it on their own without telling anyone else.  So how is all of that Hope's fault?  Didn't she actually want to turn herself in?  And while she was hiding Stefano's murder, the guilt was eating her alive (just like it was to Joey).  So doesn't their guilt and remorse show some morals and that they are decent people at the core?  (cc: @Apprentice79)

I guess since I've always liked Hope, I still give her the benefit of the doubt.  Aiden was an @$$, Bo never should have died, and it's not her fault that Rafe is boring.

I want to like Hope, but, the writing stinks...Plus, Rafe being around her pisses me off.  He brings out the worst in her.. Hope was Hope, when she was dealing with Hattie.  She was tough, but compassionate. She is so much better away from that caveman.  Hope becomes a weak female around him. That is not in her DNA to be that. She became a cop to prove the naysayers wrong..

Dena's writing truly paved the way for this. She had to have an Alpha female to put with her pet Rafe. She did the same thing with Sami..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I want to like Hope, but, the writing stinks...Plus, Rafe being around her pisses me off.  He brings out the worst in her.. Hope was Hope, when she was dealing with Hattie.  She was tough, but compassionate. She is so much better away from that caveman.  Hope becomes a weak female around him. That is not in her DNA to be that. She became a cop to prove the naysayers wrong..

I'll agree with you there.  I just can't bring myself to hate her yet...  Maybe the new writers will fix that?

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I'll agree with you there.  I just can't bring myself to hate her yet...  Maybe the new writers will fix that?

I love Bo, Shane, Jack, Kim, Kayla and Will no matter how bad the writers write them for their plots...So, I understand.. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

I don't hate Hope. I think the issue is that she was always written as a straight up heroine and now the writers have undone that for almost two years but seem to think the character can just bounce back to the status quo. Nicole is an anti-heroine and the show has never tried to portray her as anything other than that. I feel perfectly allowed to like or dislike Nicole because she's done both horrible and great things in almost equal measure. If Nicole really did murder Deimos, I'm not so repulsed by that. She's Nicole. She's an anti-heroine. She's morally grey.

Hope snapping and shooting Stefano could have been a really brilliant exciting tragic twist that the character could have worked really hard to come back from. Instead, because of the crappy writing and behind-the-scenes drama, Hope felt badly about the murder but then happily fell into Rafe's arms. Let us not forget that the show originally had Hope and Rafe making out by February, which was little more than a month after they dragged Stefano's dead body out to a building so that it would be exploded into tiny bits. And hey, that too could have worked. If they had written a really good story about Hope becoming a nervous wreck and unraveling and doing desperate and wild things like trying to find sexual fulfillment with Rafe to counterbalance the intense shame and depression she felt over losing Bo and Aiden and killing Stefano all in the span of what seemed like five minutes...that could have been cool. But the writing has had attention deficit disorder for so long that just because Hope said she felt badly about something in one episode doesn't mean I believe it's still on her mind in the next. And so, here we are, months later, and I still feel like Hope has gotten away with more than murder.

What breaks has Hattie had? Didn't Stefano basically coerce her into turning into a Marlena look-alike? Hasn't she been living a low income life all these years? Wasn't she then duped by Andre and sent to prison? Life has not been kind to this woman and while I agree she's done terrible things and should definitely pay for them, I would think the fact that she jeopardized ever getting out of prison just to smuggle Hope out would matter enough to Hope that she would pay it forward so to speak and assist this woman in her time of need. Clearly Hattie is having a breakdown. Shouldn't her good pal Hope be there to do more than just read Miranda Rights?

I guess we'll have to wait and see. If Hope can help Hattie in a big way, be off the force and away from Rafe within the next few months, I think there's definitely a chance she can be rootable again and all of this can just be a dark chapter in her history we collectively overlook.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 4

I'm far from a big Hope fan since the Bo and Hope big love days but yesterday the KA and DH acting was very well done as Hope and Hattie. Good to see two long time Days actresses getting quality scenes together.

Then today we had to endure the same old boring crap that is Hope and Rafe and in bed no less. Yuck.

Edited by rcc
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Did anybody else fist pump during the Nicole Eric fantasy scene at the top of today's episode?

I missed the beginning of the show today. Actually I missed most of the show today. I did, unfortunately see Rope discussing their wedding. Yuck. So much for the likable Hope from yesterday.

I did, however, get a silly teen-aged girl grin on my face at that well-lit shot of handsome Eric at the end. 

3 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I always liked Hope too, which is why it pains me that I hate her pairing with Rafe. And it's not because he's boring, it's their flirty, romantic murder/cover up courtship that I hated and continue to think of and hate whenever they're together.

I missed 99% of Dannifer, but now I totally understand the hate fans developed towards Jennifer. 

• Love 4

I missed the beginning of the show today.

Eric fantasized about Nicole coming into the center and telling him that in spite of Brady and Holly, she still loved him. And then he went to town on her face for like a full 10 seconds. And the camera did not shift angles or cut away, which was very appreciated after that nonsense at the Martin house party.

It is a bit strange though that Eric's dream seems to focus more on him kissing Nicole than Nicole kissing him. I saw a clip on YouTube of an old scene with Jensen Ackles and Arianne Zucker which was also a fantasy sequence of Nicole stripping naked during a photoshoot and enticing Eric into making love with her, and most of that scene focused on shots of Nicole. Here the camera was behind Nicole's shoulder so we mostly got to watch Eric kissing her...which makes me wonder if Eric's fantasies now focus less on the woman he's obsessed with and more on how he looks making out with her, LOL.

• Love 4

Yeah, Gabi, take advantage of a nude Eli to stare at him.

Who is this imposter pretending to be Julie?

I missed 99% of Dannifer, but now I totally understand the hate fans developed towards Jennifer. 

My hatred for Melissa Reeves colors my feelings toward Jennifer.

I guess Eli will be available for the Salem PD commissioner job.

• Love 6
23 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I too felt sorry for Hattie. Just a few wrong choices. She should have mentioned Anj.

Well, as it turns out, during Rafe and Hope's scenes, it was revealed that she did just that off-screen.

Not as interesting of a show as we've seen over the past few days.  But I did enjoy Eli and Gabi's scenes, and Julie actually being human for a change when talking to both of them.  Also liked the Chad/Abigail/Kate/Andre scenes.

But I absolutely can't think of a worse (current) couple than Rafe and Hope.  The only parts I could watch were when they were talking about anyone but themselves as a couple.  I did like them talking about Eli, Gabi, Raines, and Hattie, though.  But other than that . . . blech.

Eric's Nicole fantasy was hot.  Everything having to do with Brady and Nicole was . . . not.  Brady's insecurity is getting worse and worse.  He's a ticking time bomb just waiting to explode.

Edited by Star Aristille
  • Love 6

I wondered if Julie had a few too many Mimosas lately. She was nice to Nicole!

Eli is an adult man who is in his 30s. If he wants to spend time with Gabi, that is his choice.

Rafe, maybe Hope doesn't want a fast wedding. Already two coming up. And is there really a need for the two of you to get married? There seems to be no real compelling reason for this couple other than there is no one else in Salem. You would think that Hattie mentioning Anjelica would be a major plot point and not an offscreen semi-meaningless thing. 

Brady, Nicole can do whatever she likes and doesn't need your permission. If you keep behaving like this, she may look for better, healthier options for herself and Holly.

Too bad Andre wasn't Tony.

• Love 7