Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Of course Gabi wants Abigail out of the way so she can move in on Chad. Surely she would know as Abs' friend that she probably isn't ready to rush in to a marriage and wonder why her brother is so desperately trying to marry her. Not like Abs is a really good catch right now.

Theo and Claire don't have much of any sort of future. Don't see their attraction to each other, except Claire one-upping Ciara.

I don't have a problem with Gabi supporting Dario/Abby's marriage--yes I'm sure she's happy to see Abby off the market but most importantly, she recognizes that this is Abby's choice.  Unlike everyone else in Salem, Gabi is treating Abs like the adult woman she is who is fully capable of making her own life choices--good, bad and indifferent. Abs' family likes to think that she had no choice in having the affair with EJ, marrying and then cheating on psycho Ben and now deciding to marry an obviously shady Dario.  Let Abby face the consequences of her actions--that is the only way she will grow up and mature.

I can't stand that Ciara is being held up as some kind of goddess that Claire can in no way compete with because it's simply not true.  Ciara had a horrible crime perpetrated on her, but that doesn't make her blameless in all of her actions.  She dumped Theo for Chad, and when Chad didn't want her and she saw Claire and Theo growing closer, decided he was the love of her life and wrote him a letter, even though he was with Claire. These are not the actions of a flawless individual but of an immature, entitled brat.  Both Ciara and Claire have a lot of maturing to do and I have hopes for Clarie's improving, sooner rather then later.

And Steve and Kayla uttered the last words a couple in love should eve say on a soap--"I've never been as happy as I am now."  NOOOOO!!!  You've just doomed yourselves--DAMN!!  :)

• Love 2

But Abby isn't capable of making her own life choices.  She's mentally unhealthy, just a few weeks away from an escape from a hospital and her faked death.  That's not someone who has a grip on thinking things through.  

And she is messing up other's lives in the process. This mess with Gabi started because of Abby's poor choices. Now Gabi is going to be hurt.

Stupid Abby.  :P

• Love 4

And what about Thomas? Thank God he's still a tyke but still, she knows she's marrying a man who is wanted by a Mexican drug dealer. After Ben and Clyde both tried to take Thomas, you'd think she would protect him from any possible threats by telling Dario to handle this own shit. Besides, Rafe is former CIA or something right? He should be the one helping Dario.

I'm also confused - if Dario is faking this whole thing just to marry Abigail, is he still on Mateo's Kill List? Abe (I think it was) seemed to have verified that he was....so clearly that wasn't a lie.

• Love 1

Did I not just see Dario say that he wanted to be married sooner, in case Immigration agents should visit? Granted, I've been fast-forwarding most of the last five or six episodes, but why is Abigail under the impression that she marrying someone who loves her, or cares about her at all? This is clearly a marriage of convenience -- what further evidence does she require?

And I agree about the appalling HR practices in the hospital. At the very least, that conversation should be happening in a closed office, and the nurse would not be present, to say nothing of the doctor's family! The nurse's union would probably have a role -- and how the hell is Kayla mentoring her "stepson" -- really her husband's by-blow, but I'm gonna let that go, or else my brain will explode out of my ears -- in the first place? Do they not know who he is? How can the Johnsons just ignore that he might have some issues around his mother's death? Why are they being so stupid about all of this? (Actually, that last question kind of applies to the whole cast of characters right now, from what I can see.) And why does Joey kinda seem like he wishes he and Tripp (which: really?) could just kiss, already?

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

And what about Thomas? Thank God he's still a tyke but still, she knows she's marrying a man who is wanted by a Mexican drug dealer. After Ben and Clyde both tried to take Thomas, you'd think she would protect him from any possible threats by telling Dario to handle this own shit. Besides, Rafe is former CIA or something right? He should be the one helping Dario.

Well, she's already been with a psycho killer and then married/divorced to a Dimera so it's not like he was actually "safe" to begin with..or ever. But I get your point. This story is pants.

• Love 2
(edited)

And why does Joey kinda seem like he wishes he and Tripp (which:really?) could just kiss, already?

... I realize I haven't been paying strict attention to the storyline but...hun?  LOL

If any of the younger characters on the show read as gay it's definitely Theo. I didn't notice it at first but after it was pointed out I can't unsee it. I think Kyler was able to walk this mysterious sort of line where I just believed his awkwardness was to do with his character being autistic. Now his relationship with Claire has completely changed that. For one thing the poor girl has absolutely no body and no sex appeal. She looks completely unhealthy and has been acting like a shrew and I can't imagine any guy would look at her and want to go for a roll in the hay. No offense to the actress of course but it's really uncomfortable seeing the show depict her as having recently lost her virginity in light of what I can only imagine is an alarming BMI number. Tapping that might break that....

And then there's Theo with his ripped physique and soft-spoken ways and total lack of conviction talking about how he loves either Claire or Ciara. No offense to the actor of course but the character really does read as though he'll be coming out of the closet within the next 6 months.

Just me?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 1
(edited)

I see no indication about Theo being gay. It is probably the actor being directed to act  in how the show perceives an Autistic person should be.   I feel that the show missed the boat in not exploring Theo's autism as a Black man, especially, now that he is  having relationships.    If Theo was a character on All my children, I could see Agnes Nixon exploring this in depth with a lot of sensitivity.. I miss that show..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5

Abby is such a blah personality but she gravitates to crazy drama so she will seem much more interesting.

• She first got involved with Chad around the time he turned out to be a Dimera
  • She set up Cameron and Chad to compete for the big honor of deflowering her
  • She slept with EJ two or three times within months of Chad breaking off their engagement after he was shot. And don't get me started how her ridiculous family was worried how she was taking the news of EJ's death as if that relationship was nothing more than a revenge fuck/means to keep her quiet about Nick's disappearance
  • Setting up Ben and Chad against each other to win her fair hand
  • Setting Ben on fire. Ben was already crazy and obsessed with her, so she decided to outcrazy the crazy
  • Faking her death
  • Trusting Andre

Abby deciding that Dario is a close friend that needs saving by her bestowing herself in a marriage of convenience when he is the brother of the woman currently involved with her ex-husband is just a continuation of all that.

The girl has issues. Frankly, I am waiting for the day that she sleeps with whoever is involved with Jennifer. I thought it would have happened with Daniel and I was afraid it was going to with Eric.

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Mama No Life said:

But Abby isn't capable of making her own life choices.  She's mentally unhealthy, just a few weeks away from an escape from a hospital and her faked death.  That's not someone who has a grip on thinking things through.  

And she is messing up other's lives in the process. This mess with Gabi started because of Abby's poor choices. Now Gabi is going to be hurt.

Stupid Abby.  :P

The people in Abby's life don't want her to marry Dario because they are convinced she still loves Chad and needs to give him another chance.  No one seems to think that she needs to be readmitted into a mental hospital because she's incapable of being a rational adult and hasn't her instability been retconned to her having PTSD from Ben?

Thomas still has his father very much present in his life--it's not as if Abby's going to be living in a rat-infested hovel with Dario.  If Chad thinks Thomas is in danger, he could sue for custody and win.

And in no way do I think this is a good idea--Dario is a disgusting and pathetic liar and I can't wait for this to blow up in his face--but for me, the Hortons need to stop babying Abby and just let her make her own mistakes.  Then and only then will she learn from them.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 2
(edited)

Is there anyone in town who hasn't slept with or married a psycho-killer? Or a Dimera? But I may be repeating myself. There are even a few who've actually worked their way through an entire family of psychos and/or Dimeras. And there's at least one who could turn someone into a deranged psycho, Julie. That might affect the viewer more than the townsfolk, though.

I dunno, it just seems that in their scene in the Brady Pub, Joey was staring a lot at Tripp (nope, that name is still dumb) and kind of pouting guilty. Or maybe that's the actor signifying "I have a secret" and but not "I secretly want to bone you." I haven't been watching a lot, as I say. Maybe acting standards have changed around here. Shut Up, Rafe! is still really boring, though. Some things are the same! 

Edited to add: Hasn't Theo's autism more or less been dropped? The actor doesn't seem to me to be bothering to remember that aspect of the character. The writers certainly give Theo lots of occasions to hug family members and otherwise demonstrate emotional connections, without suggesting (so far as I've seen) that this is difficult for him.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 1
48 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Is there anyone in town who hasn't slept with or married a psycho-killer? Or a Dimera? But I may be repeating myself. There are even a few who've actually worked their way through an entire family of psychos and/or Dimeras. And there's at least one who could turn someone into a deranged psycho, Julie. That might affect the viewer more than the townsfolk, though.

I dunno, it just seems that in their scene in the Brady Pub, Joey was staring a lot at Tripp (nope, that name is still dumb) and kind of pouting guilty. Or maybe that's the actor signifying "I have a secret" and but not "I secretly want to bone you." I haven't been watching a lot, as I say. Maybe acting standards have changed around here. Shut Up, Rafe! is still really boring, though. Some things are the same! 

Edited to add: Hasn't Theo's autism more or less been dropped? The actor doesn't seem to me to be bothering to remember that aspect of the character. The writers certainly give Theo lots of occasions to hug family members and otherwise demonstrate emotional connections, without suggesting (so far as I've seen) that this is difficult for him.

It definitely hasn't been dropped.  Kyler and TPTB seem to show Theo's autism through his lack of filter as his dominant trait.  Theo's also always been highly functioning so unless he has a flair up brought on by stress or an emergency, his lack of filter is how they portray it.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

... I realize I haven't been paying strict attention to the storyline but...hun?  LOL

If any of the younger characters on the show read as gay it's definitely Theo. I didn't notice it at first but after it was pointed out I can't unsee it. I think Kyler was able to walk this mysterious sort of line where I just believed his awkwardness was to do with his character being autistic. Now his relationship with Claire has completely changed that. For one thing the poor girl has absolutely no body and no sex appeal. She looks completely unhealthy and has been acting like a shrew and I can't imagine any guy would look at her and want to go for a roll in the hay. No offense to the actress of course but it's really uncomfortable seeing the show depict her as having recently lost her virginity in light of what I can only imagine is an alarming BMI number. Tapping that might break that....

And then there's Theo with his ripped physique and soft-spoken ways and total lack of conviction talking about how he loves either Claire or Ciara. No offense to the actor of course but the character really does read as though he'll be coming out of the closet within the next 6 months.

Just me?

I don't think gay has anything to do with being awkward or quiet or soft-spoken. 

• Love 4

So they know that the medication orders came from Kayla's tablet, but they don't think to check the time stamp? It would be clear that the order for the wrong drug on the patient who died of pancreatic cancer was changed after he was already dead. What kind of crappy medical records system do they have?

• Love 6
(edited)

I don't think gay has anything to do with being awkward or quiet or soft-spoken. 

True, but Theo (or Kyler...or his acting approach?) overall is giving some folks that vibe. It doesn't help matters that Claire hasn't been given a clear motivation for wanting to be with him, making the whole relationship seem even more artificial. I don't think it's hard to imagine that he's adjusting to his sexuality gradually and in two years time for him end up coming out. Is no one else seeing shades of Will here? Admittedly this is a TV show so they're probably not going in that direction because if they were it would be much more overt but still... It's just not working for me to see him as a straight character interested in women. Although I also think they've done a terrible job of defining his autism...

Hasn't Theo's autism more or less been dropped? The actor doesn't seem to me to be bothering to remember that aspect of the character. The writers certainly give Theo lots of occasions to hug family members and otherwise demonstrate emotional connections, without suggesting (so far as I've seen) that this is difficult for him.

Bingo. Last time Theo had anything autistic going on was during that panic attack last fall when he was looking after Thomas and Ariana. I even remember that feeling like it came out of the blue and was an awkward way on Dena's part to say "We haven't forgotten he's autistic - see!!!"

Since then, I can't think of a thing he's done subtly or otherwise that made me think he was autistic. And he has been having plenty of contact with people. Better writers would have absolutely taking the time to explore how he would deal with all of the touching of sex and whether or not that would be a difficult boundary for him to overcome for the sake of his relationship.

...anyway, today. Eli rolling his eyes in the background of scenes is making me love him. Him rolling his eyes today at Lani volunteering to be hypnotized was fun and I seem to recall he also rolled his eyes at some of the shenanigans happening during the Martin house drugging. I don't care if it's not in the script - I appreciate it. We are not alone in hating this writing! Eli speaks for the people :) Maybe they can make him be the character on the show who calls everyone out on their stupidity.

I can't with Hope's comments about Rafe treating "the children" well. How much contact have Rafe and Shawn even had the last two years? The only time I can think of Rafe having any influence over Ciarra was when he was trying to tell her not to be mad at her mother for killing Stefano. Hope, your kids are grown-ass adults who have no use for Rafe! What grown woman in her presumably late 50s would be sitting there talking about how nice it is that Rafe traits the children well?

Brady suddenly getting jealous of Eric is beyond absurd. Again: could these characters act like adults who have lived the lives we've seen them living? Nicole was with Eric first when Brady was still a child. Brady got involved with Nicole knowing how long she spent trying to get Eric to marry her. For him to suddenly be acting like Eric is putting the moves on Nic is idiotic. Either he believes that Nicole will never be interested in Eric again or he walks away from the relationship out of respect for his older half-brother. I would think Brady would have a bit more loyalty than to try and.... oh wait, this is the guy who tried to marry his father's ex-fiance right? Nevermind.

Why do Hope and Rafe have to get married at all? If the show is smart they would simply have Hope swear off marriage from this point onwards given the total horror show that was her last wedding.

When did Brady find out about Nicole kissing Eric? I watched Tuesday's episode but it didn't happen then. I missed part of today's episode. Did he only find out today?

In the span of this one episode I've heard people refer to the Martin party as having taken place anything from 1 to 4 days prior. Am I just confused or was the script confused?

Edited by DisneyBoy

I know it was supposed to be a romantic moment, but when Hope asked Rafe to marry her he actually looked like he was in pain or going to barf. And why couldn't he just say "yes" instead of feeling like he had to get down on his knee and ask her?

• Love 2

True, but Theo (or Kyler...or his acting approach?) overall is giving some folks that vibe. It doesn't help matters that Claire hasn't been given a clear motivation for wanting to be with him, making the whole relationship seem even more artificial. I don't think it's hard to imagine that he's adjusting to his sexuality gradually and in two years time for him end up coming out. Is no one else seeing shades of Will here? Admittedly this is a TV show so they're probably not going in that direction because if they were it would be much more overt but still... It's just not working for me to see him as a straight character interested in women. Although I also think they've done a terrible job of defining his autism...

Bingo. Last time Theo had anything autistic going on was during that panic attack last fall when he was looking after Thomas and Ariana. I even remember that feeling like it came out of the blue and was an awkward way on Dena's part to say "We haven't forgotten he's autistic - see!!!"

Since then, I can't think of a thing he's done subtly or otherwise that made me think he was autistic. And he has been having plenty of contact with people. Better writers would have absolutely taking the time to explore how he would deal with all of the touching of sex and whether or not that would be a difficult boundary for him to overcome for the sake of his relationship.

...anyway, today. Eli rolling his eyes in the background of scenes is making me love him. Him rolling his eyes today at Lani volunteering to be hypnotized was fun and I seem to recall he also rolled his eyes at some of the shenanigans happening during the Martin house drugging. I don't care if it's not in the script - I appreciate it. We are not alone in hating this writing! Eli speaks for the people :) Maybe they can make him be the character on the show who calls everyone out on their stupidity.

I can't with Hope's comments about Rafe treating "the children" well. How much contact have Rafe and Shawn even had the last two years? The only time I can think of Rafe having any influence over Ciarra was when he was trying to tell her not to be mad at her mother for killing Stefano. Hope, your kids are grown-ass adults who have no use for Rafe! What grown woman in her presumably late 50s would be sitting there talking about how nice it is that Rafe traits the children well?

Brady suddenly getting jealous of Eric is beyond absurd. Again: could these characters act like adults who have lived the lives we've seen them living? Nicole was with Eric first when Brady was still a child. Brady got involved with Nicole knowing how long she spent trying to get Eric to marry her. For him to suddenly be acting like Eric is putting the moves on Nic is idiotic. Either he believes that Nicole will never be interested in Eric again or he walks away from the relationship out of respect for his older half-brother. I would think Brady would have a bit more loyalty than to try and.... oh wait, this is the guy who tried to marry his father's ex-fiance right? Nevermind.

Why do Hope and Rafe have to get married at all? If the show is smart they would simply have Hope swear off marriage from this point onwards given the total horror show that was her last wedding.

When did Brady find out about Nicole kissing Eric? I watched Tuesday's episode but it didn't happen then. I missed part of today's episode. Did he only find out today?

In the span of this one episode I've heard people refer to the Martin party as having taken place anything from 1 to 4 days prior. Am I just confused or was the script confused?

See, I actually think that these two are actually one in the same.  I don't think that Theo is gay, or that the writer's are previewing a storyline.  The guys on Dishin Days brought this up as in for a second they thought that Theo during his conversations with Claire was going to come out. I think what is happening is Theo's autism is what is stopping him from fully expressing himself and his feelings to Claire, or at least be able to do them in a cohesive way.  IMO that is what is spurring the idea that Theo is gay. 

Not that being gay and being autistic are related in anyway but I do see how his interactions with Claire can remind you or anyone else of Will's journey with coming out.  IMO, those are the ways that Theo's autism is shown; his lack of cohesiveness, his "no filter" approach with his opinions.  Theo is highly functioning so he isn't going to have an "attack" on a daily basis.  I actually have to praise Days/Kyler for there approach.  I feel like the stereotypical portrayal would be to show Theo "freaking out" or having an attack at every turn.  I actually really like the balance with his character.  To be fair Theo wasn't like that when he was young either so I think the progression fits with him as a young adult now.

Just wanted to add, with all that said I absolutely wouldn't mind a Theo is gay storyline.

Pretty sure it happened Monday or Tuesday.  Whatever episode when they were in the square, all 3 dressed for Winter on 4th of July, and Eric bumped into them and he thought Brady already knew and blurted it out and Brady was all like "that's ok...u were drugged..no biggie" and Nic was shocked at his reaction.  I was actually happily surprised they had him find out so quick and didn't drag it out for months.

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

I know it was supposed to be a romantic moment, but when Hope asked Rafe to marry her he actually looked like he was in pain or going to barf. And why couldn't he just say "yes" instead of feeling like he had to get down on his knee and ask her?

That's just GG's awesome acting range showing. lol

• Love 3

GG is terrible. Rafe is auto ff material for me. So, that means Hope is as well 80% of the time.

I'll go ahead and admit that I'm one of those fans that has never really been able to see anyone other than Bo as a viable love interest for Hope. I know it's not fair. Blame it on arrested development or something. I was like 10 or 11 in their heyday. I adored them. I'm not necessarily against her falling for someone else, he's "dead" for God's sake. I've just never been moved by any of her other romances. Didn't hate them, just kinda felt blah, but I ff a lot of her stuff now 'cause, blech, Rafe.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, JBC344 said:

IMO, those are the ways that Theo's autism is shown; his lack of cohesiveness, his "no filter" approach with his opinions.  Theo is highly functioning so he isn't going to have an "attack" on a daily basis.  I actually have to praise Days/Kyler for there approach.  I feel like the stereotypical portrayal would be to show Theo "freaking out" or having an attack at every turn.  I actually really like the balance with his character.  To be fair Theo wasn't like that when he was young either so I think the progression fits with him as a young adult now.

If the choices in portraying someone with autism (and, as I remember the character, not just someone who is "somewhere on the spectrum") are a stereotypical tv meltdown all the time, or ... whatever this is, I guess I'll take this. But I don't think the show is doing a very good job at all of showing what a high-functioning autistic person is like. I'm not sure what you mean by a lack of cohesiveness, but if it refers to a lack of verbal coherence or an inability to express himself clearly, I'm not sure that's very accurate. High functioning people can be very precise and articulate. But I can't help feeling what we see onscreen is less about showing a progression in developing social and other coping skills, and more about something that's kind of afterthought when the writers' focus seems to be on teenage angst and love lives. Autism isn't just the lack of a filter, and if that's all the show thinks it is, or if it that's all the show can handle in its characterization of Theo, then they need to rethink the character.

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, Rowan said:

I'll go ahead and admit that I'm one of those fans that has never really been able to see anyone other than Bo as a viable love interest for Hope. ...

Same for me, but since boring Rafe is still 1000% better than Aiden (or John, or Franco, or whomever), I can tolerate it.  Bo and Hope was the reason I started watching the show in the early 90s.  They really need to entice Peter Reckell back if they want to boost ratings, IMO.

• Love 1
(edited)

I'll admit the situation with Theo is far from a big problem. The character is likeable and pretty much works as far as I'm concerned but I don't think he does well in these romantic plot lines. Maybe I'm just doubting that Kyler is acting all that much in his scenes and suspecting that Kyler himself is gay, which is really neither here nor there and not even worth speculating about. But as it stands, I just think the show will be better off exploring Theo's autism in a non-romantic sense and keeping his character limited to relationships with his siblings, Abe and other friends. I would much rather have a storyline right now about what kind of career Theo is interested in pursuing thsn about how he's waffling between these two girls. Seriously, what is Theo going to be doing for money in the next few years? The show often forgets that it's young characters should be pursuing their education and struggling to find work. I disliked how Will's life just sort of kind of fell into place without any specific focus. In the last year or so they tried to make him into a writer but that felt very haphazard.

I definitely hold out hope that Claire will become interesting again because last year when she was hoping her parents would get back together and blaming her mother for screwing up their family at least I could understand who she was. The current incarnation just feels really confused. And she's definitely not likeable which is a shame.

1 hour ago, Cupcake04 said:

Pretty sure it happened Monday or Tuesday.  Whatever episode when they were in the square, all 3 dressed for Winter on 4th of July, and Eric bumped into them and he thought Brady already knew and blurted it out and Brady was all like "that's ok...u were drugged..no biggie" and Nic was shocked at his reaction.  I was actually happily surprised they had him find out so quick and didn't drag it out for months.

Yeah see I just watched that episode yesterday and nowhere in the explanation did Nicole state that she kissed Eric - just that they woke up in bed together and that's when Brady's just shrugged it off. Of course I was watching it as I was falling asleep so maybe I'm not remembering it correctly.

I don't see Joey crushing on Tripp (LOL) but I am officially behind this new actor being a permanent part of the cast. He really fits in with Steve and Kayla and if they can manage to excise any references of Ava from his plotlines in the future I think they will have a new leading man akin to Billy Flynn or Greg Vaughan. I just so hate that he's connected to Ava. Hopefully wrong will realize what a find he is and do some course corrections before trip ends up becoming the new Jade.

Edited by DisneyBoy
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Hasn't Theo's autism more or less been dropped?

No, he specifically mentioned it yesterday when talking to Claire.

Eric should not be making promises to people about what other people can do to set them up for work.

I don't think all of those people should have been there while Lani was hypnotized.

So yesterday when Kayla was being reamed for "her" mistake on Hope's medical chart, the nurse said that Hope was in the hospital "last week".  But when Lani was under hypnosis today, Marlena asked her what she remembered "last night".

What garage and what dog? (I missed the first 15 minutes of today's show)

"I just didn't want to get into it with you with Tate there."  Bullshit.  For one thing, Tate was asleep.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Same for me, but since boring Rafe is still 1000% better than Aiden (or John, or Franco, or whomever), I can tolerate it.  Bo and Hope was the reason I started watching the show in the early 90s.  They really need to entice Peter Reckell back if they want to boost ratings, IMO.

I still think Hope's best pairing was with Patrick Lockhart.

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Me too! I started watching on summer vacation in the early 80s when Hope was introduced and was a Bo and Hope shipper from way back then (God I feel old!). ITA about Peter Reckell. Hell....he is why I started watching again after 15 years for the 50th anniversary. Was not happy that all I got was months of him being tortured in prison and only a week of him and Hope before he croaked. 

• Love 6

Seeing Victor yesterday in that stupid engagement ring run-around for Rafe it reminded me that we don't know what happened to Deimos' body. Did Victor ship him to Greece to be buried there (or his ashes)? Was it addressed and I missed it. I would think a couple of scenes with Victor and his feelings about his brother would be interesting even though we hated Deimos.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

I still think Hope's best pairing was with Patrick Lockhart.

Wasn't that relationship all built on lies, and he's in prison?  I think I stopped watching through most of that time, and could never tell if he was "good" or "evil."

2 minutes ago, rcc said:

Seeing Victor yesterday in that stupid engagement ring run-around for Rafe it reminded me that we don't know what happened to Deimos' body. Did Victor ship him to Greece to be buried there (or his ashes)? Was it addressed and I missed it. I would think a couple of scenes with Victor and his feelings about his brother would be interesting even though we hated Deimos.

It's most likely still in the morgue; not much time has passed.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Rowan said:

GG is terrible. Rafe is auto ff material for me. So, that means Hope is as well 80% of the time.

I'll go ahead and admit that I'm one of those fans that has never really been able to see anyone other than Bo as a viable love interest for Hope. I know it's not fair. Blame it on arrested development or something. I was like 10 or 11 in their heyday. I adored them. I'm not necessarily against her falling for someone else, he's "dead" for God's sake. I've just never been moved by any of her other romances. Didn't hate them, just kinda felt blah, but I ff a lot of her stuff now 'cause, blech, Rafe.

I agree....it is all about the chemistry and PR and KA sure had it....still had it 2 years ago...no one else she has been paired with even comes close imo. I think the problem also is that there aren't anymore super couples because they rush everything. In the old days, it was a slow build up, sometimes years before the "payoff" for fans. There was no need for backstory cuz we watched everything unfold on screen. Now, we get told the backstory, or they film a few dumb scenes like with Chad and Gabi and we are supposed to just buy into it, and that just doesn't work. Of course filming 6 mo ths out doesn't help either cuz the show can't adjust to viewer reaction to stories or couplings.

6 minutes ago, rcc said:

Great point! I didn't even think about that I was so glad to see him gone. Although it's only been like a day in Salem time so maybe that is coming up. I also hope we see Maggie's reaction....she suffered at his hands just as much if not more than at least some of the others.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Wasn't that relationship all built on lies, and he's in prison?  I think I stopped watching through most of that time, and could never tell if he was "good" or "evil."

It's most likely still in the morgue; not much time has passed.

Actually their relationship was pretty genuine.  Patrick didn't really start scheming until Hope was pregnant and Ciara's paternity was in question. 

• Love 1

A yawn ep.

Hope, you are a 50 year old woman. You do not need to discuss marriage with Julie. If you don't want to get married, don't.  You can buy your own house, do your own stuff and don't need a 'man'. Nothing wrong with living together without being married. Wonder if Rafe kept the same diamond but just got it put in to different settings.

Wasn't interested in the hypnosis sessions - we know it's not JJ - he is too easy.

Eric, you don't need to pay some dude out of your own wallet. Surely there is grant money somewhere and believe me, a lot of dudes can come your way with an interest in scamming a few bucks.

Abs still does have mental health issues and should be on meds and seeing a counsellor. Not rushing in to another marriage. Maybe it will take her a lesson from Dario to smarten up and make better choices. Stay single for a year.

• Love 3

Eric, you don't need to pay some dude out of your own wallet. Surely there is grant money somewhere and believe me, a lot of dudes can come your way with an interest in scamming a few bucks.

I kept thinking he needed to hit Brady up for money.

• Love 1

it is going to be one of the days that go on forever. The martin house party was last night (though it was at least sometime last week), today is the fourth of july based on the clothes everyone was wearing that they were also wearing on tuesday when it was the fourth of july, tomorrow will probably also still be tuesday, but no mention of Fourth of July

• Love 1

Please tell me what it is you enjoy about them. It might help me endure this.

The only thing I see that might be appealing is that they are "pretty" together, but to me they sort of look like they're related

...so that's obviously kind of weird...

• Love 1
4 hours ago, MsTree said:

Guess I'll be your "single other person" :-)

Nah, while I'm not Team Rope, I'm not anti the coupling like others are.  Probably because:

• I don't like Hope and never have. She's a sanctimonious hypocrite. 
  • Rafe is a sexist pig and Galen Gehring can not act. I don't hate Rafe but he grates.
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

How is Brady still employed at Titan after f-ing off to Canada a few short weeks ago with no intention of returning?

The nepotism in Salem is sickening.

It's his own family's business.  If anyone is going to take him back, it's a family business.  I personally don't call Titan nepotism when Victor can run a private business however he'd like.  The Salem PD, on the other hand...

Please tell me what it is you enjoy about them. It might help me endure this.

The only thing I see that might be appealing is that they are "pretty" together, but to me they sort of look like they're related

...so that's obviously kind of weird...

It's not that I truly enjoy them, it's just that I don't hate them.  They are mostly drama-free, as well, which is a refreshing change from the Chad/Abby/Gabi/JJ/Lani/Eli debacle.  They are just kind of there, which I'm ok with.

• Love 1

I think the show is making a mistake trying to present Abby and Chad has some sort of destined but often star-crossed lovers.  This all started when the show tried to pretend that Abby only had sex with EJ because she was so vulnerable and broken up about Chad.  There are many reasons Chad and Abby aren't together and the majority being that Abby keeps leaving Chad--not that someone or something are keeping them apart.  

I like Chad and Gabi but damn I also like JJ and Gabi--good for her for reaching out to him and trying to help.

• Love 8

Damn I feel bad for Lucas. Not only is he barely on the show but he's saddled with that weird relationship with Adrian and a mother who can't pick a man to save her life. Has his life ever been good?

This is a bit off topic, but I heard that Lisa Rinna has been blacklisted from the show since her last appearance in 2012 because she made comments about Joe having to read off cue cards. Is this just a rumor or fact? Lucas mentioning her name today made me wonder...

I suppose they can bring back one of the other actresses who played Billie, but I'm not sure there will ever be a need for her character on the canvas again now that Bo is gone and Kate flies solo most of the time.

(edited)
23 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Damn I feel bad for Lucas. Not only is he barely on the show but he's saddled with that weird relationship with Adrian and a mother who can't pick a man to save her life. Has his life ever been good?

Lucas' relationship with his mother is why has been unlucky with love.

Kate paid off Nicole to marry Lucas for 5 million dollars.

Kate was the one to always to disrupt and ruin each time Sami tried to marry Lucas. The last time was the only time that Lucas chose to believe/trust Sami over his mother.

Kate hated Chloe because she lost Daniel to him while Chloe was in the middle of being married to Lucas.

Today, Kate mentioned all of Lucas' unsuccessful marriages but never mentioned Carrie who cheated on Lucas with Austin. Carrie who cheated on both of Kate's but got off unharmed. Unlike Sami or Chloe.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 3

Gee, Lucas, you keep track of your nephew being investigated for murder by reading about it in the newspaper?

OMG, Kate and Andre's repartee is hilarious.

"I always try to be respectful of my children's choices.  Though that tie is testing my resolve."

Er, Andre, I'm not too sure that Lucas actually had any relationship with his father.

What does Andre know about Bill Horton?

Was that reporter the same woman that worked with Will when he was a writer?

Dammit, Sonny.

• Love 4
(edited)
12 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

It's his own family's business.  If anyone is going to take him back, it's a family business.  I personally don't call Titan nepotism when Victor can run a private business however he'd like.  The Salem PD, on the other hand...

Also, I've never been entirely sure what Titan actually does. Is it publishing? Maybe it's shipping! Communications? Engineering consultants? Do they manufacture transmogrifiers? Or is it just busywork so that Bonehead Black will stay out of his grandfather's hair? Bonus: Brady gets to call himself "a Titan of industry." (Drawback: Brady expects other people to call him "a Titan of industry.") And if it is the last option, why hasn't Sonny figured it out yet?

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 1

Kate and Andre are hilarious together. They might actually make it past the 6 months before Chad gets control of his company. That did seem odd as until Chad is declared dead, there shouldn't be any reason to appoint a new CEO. Just a temporary acting one.

Good for JJ for giving it to Abs. No, she is not in any place to make a serious life commitment to anyone. But it is her mistake to make and her karma/lesson to learn. One must never take away another's lesson.

Sonny, you probably didn't kill Deimos either.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Sandman said:

Also, I've never been entirely sure what Titan actually does. Is it publishing? Maybe it's shipping! Communications? Engineering consultants? Do they manufacture transmogrifiers? Or is it just busywork so that Bonehead Black will stay out of his grandfather's hair? Bonus: Brady gets to call himself "a Titan of industry." (Drawback: Brady expects other people to call him "a Titan of industry.") And if it is the last option, why hasn't Sonny figured it out yet?

It's a conglomerate of all of the above. Publishing and shipping I've definitely heard, not sure about communications and engineering, but why not. Dimera Enterprises does exactly the same business(es). Pretty sure it's the standard soap opera rich guy's line of work...

• Love 2

Chad: "So, what had happened was, when all our inhibitions were removed, we renewed our marriage vows and then kissed passionately. "

Gabi: "Well, I totally danced with JJ."    

Chad: "So, basically the same thing then! We good?"

Jeez. I knew they were just going to flip the script with regard to Gabi and Abby's positions, but, damn, I almost laughed at how ridiculously devoid of nuance the story is. This crap really makes Chad look like a first class douche. 

JJ can have a seat giving Abs shit over her relationships, what with his stellar track record in that area. He'd drop Lani in a hot second if Gabi came a calling for real. Then probably be cheating on her by the weeks end.  

The stylist for Sonny's character is doing the man no favors. 

• Love 4
(edited)

LMAO!!. 

JJ: You got married on your lunch hour? How romantic. Did the cerermony come with fries? 

hahahahahaha

Andre and Kate toasting to the "demise of a man skewered like a kabob" . i am only 10 minutes in so many great lines!

Edited by Cupcake04
  • Love 10

I'm getting caught up on the week...

Gabi is a personal stylist? For who, hookers? She. Looks. Horrible. I would never hire a personal stylist who dresses herself like that. 

Lucas and Kate live in the same town, so how do Billie and Austin find out first? I do like Kate and Andre together as comedic relief. 

Nice to see Victor standing and walking, even if it wasn't for long. 

JJ didn't do it, but I still don't have a good guess of who did. I don't think it was Sonny either. Hope, Rafe, Eli, and Lani have been ruled out? Maybe it was Gabi, she's murdered before. But getting rid of her would make me too happy, so I'm sure that's not it. Paul? 

• Love 3
(edited)

This love triangle really does make Chad look bad.  

Today I felt like Paul was hiding something.  The way he said he was the only one drugged and Victor repeating it made me think he knows something.    At first I thought maybe he was the killer.   I missed a lot of the Demois story.   Seems like everyone hated him.   So it's kind of cool that is a real murder mystery   

Edited by tribeca