Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Will anyone on the show even get that Will is trying to teach Sami a lesson? Since the rest of us don't get it, I doubt they will.

I bet Abigail will be wondering why Will had to teach Sami a lesson at her expense!

Weren't Beth and Phillip on Guiding Light some kind of super-couple? I never saw them, but I was aware of who they were because of the other lady who came into replace JE on Guiding Light, and was some kind of foil to Harley.

So maybe JE has 4 super-couple pairings to her credit.

I still find Adrienne pretty annoying though. She's like a caricature of a judgmental person. Yeah, we all judge people on some level, but the way she does it seems kind of exaggerated. Who would waste their time judging Paige?

Yep.  After poor Lujack bit the dust, Beth moved on to Phillip and they became a supercouple, but for me, I just didn't feel it.   JE is pretty amazing that she can create chemistry with just about anyone she's paired with.  One more reason to hate the writers for wasting her talents and making her into the town harpy.

Will the sadness of Abigail Deveraux NEVER end?  Seriously, will this shit EVER end???  She managed to mope her huge bunhead over to Sonny and Will's place, managed to get her being unemployed because of Sami into the conversation so that gelatinous wart-faced worm called Will could rail against the cruelty of his mother while she smiled like St.Catherine strapped to the wheel, and then dragged her scrawny pity party butt to Horton Square so she could moan about it all again to Sonny.  BTW, did they forget Ari somewhere along the way?  And all the while she's the central concern of Momma Raccoon Face and Hope at the station.  WILL IT EVER END?  

Ugh, I totally agree. Enough already.  If I were a Salem resident, I would walk the other way when I saw Abigail coming with her victim/martyr face and wobbly brave smile. Everything about her is annoying as hell.

I take back the nice things I said about Nicole's hair.  I don't know if it was because of that supremely ugly dress she was wearing, but Nicole looked like shit yesterday.  And that pearl collar was the worst!  The whole effect of her outfit and hair made Nicole look like a hulking linebacker.  

• Love 4

Re: Bo and Sami

Did Bo ever have that strong of an opinion about Sami? I know he didn't like EJ (duh), but I can't recall him getting that up in arms about anything Sami did (maybe because he's related to Victor and his own daughter ran over Zach?) Then again, I can't really remember Sami being unkind to Bo and Hope either.

Edited by bantering

I remember Sami having some nice scenes with Bo and Hope and overall she seemed to have a neutral/decent relationship with them, but I don't remember them being as close as Hope implied. I guess that's another relationship that formed off screen, just like Will and Abby supposedly being best friends.

• Love 2

Yeah I would say that Sami has had some good scenes where she has seemed to always respect Bo and Hope but nothing really compelling or necessarily close.  Like another poster mentioned Bo would be ecstatic that she and Kate are sticking it to EJ and Stefano.  Bo would love that they are actually hurting Stefano and EJ legally.  He may not be in support of her going after Abby but he certainly would be a lot more sympathetic to Sami than the rest of Salem is being.

• Love 5

Abigail has this annoying way of directing every conversation back to herself.

I wonder if the clown pants were given to her to make her seem more innocent. When she first started on the show, she wore a lot of annoying "bad-girl" make-up. Now, her make-up seems a  more toned down.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

Re:  Judy Evans' other soap roles, she has been a part of five successful and popular supercouples: besides Days' Justin/Adrienne, there was Beth/Phillip and Beth/Lujack on Guiding Light and on Another World, Paulina/Jake and Paulina/Joe, and I think she was the first actress on Guiding Light to win an Emmy, so the woman is awesomely talented.  It's a shame to see her wasted as the town scold.

And yes, Jenn is quite the brave woman isn't she, making sure to yell at Sami while she's safe on the other side of Hope's desk.  

If I was Will and Sonny and Abigail came over without calling first to spend time with her God daughter, I'd lock the freakin' door.  Do Will and Sonny still think this chick's a good role model for their baby daughter? 

I couldn't watch the scene where Abby's whining about not having any references because her boss is her mom--what did you think was going to happen when you took the job?  Did you think you were going to work at the hospital for the rest of your life?  And now she's also a great writer because of her PR job?  Like that compares to writing an article.  Do the writers realize how full of herself Abby is coming off as?  Too many questions, my friends :)

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 3

Bo and Hope were among the very few family members who bothered to show up at Grace's funeral. Granted, that's more because of other actors in the Brady family not being on the show at the time, but still, that's what the story ended up being as a result. I agree that I've never seen them and Sami be particularly close, but they've never been on bad terms either that I recall.

Re:  Judy Evans' other soap roles, she has been a part of five successful and popular supercouples: besides Days' Justin/Adrienne, there was Beth/Phillip and Beth/Lujack on Guiding Light and on Another World, Paulina/Jake and Paulina/Joe

I associate Beth/Phillip more with Beth Chamberlin's Beth than I do JE's Beth - I know they started out with JE in the role, but she left pretty quickly after they got together after Beth moved on from Lujack's death. All the marriages, kids etc. came with BC. JE's Beth is associated more with Lujack; if you just mention JE in context with a popular GL pairing, it's Beth/Lujack that people think of first. As for Paulina/Joe on AW, they were never close to being a supercouple (nor were her pairings with Grant and Ian). There's more of an argument to be made for Beth/Phillip (especially if you add in the Four Musketeers factor) than for Paulina/Joe.

As for Paulina/Joe on AW, they were never close to being a supercouple (nor were her pairings with Grant and Ian). There's more of an argument to be made for Beth/Phillip (especially if you add in the Four Musketeers factor) than for Paulina/Joe.

I disagree.  I watched Another World for years, and Jake/Paulina were popular but so was Paulina/Joe especially during the whole "Jake comes back from the dead while Joe/Paulina were getting together."  I remember fans being divided as to who Paulina should end up with.

And to just keep on point, I hope Will's article blows up in his face and the Hortons, especially Abby and Jenn, ream him out.  That should be glorious.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 1

Adrienne's affection for Abigail baffles me in the sense that Abigail never really seemed that nice to Jack.  She used to yell at him a lot. And Adrienne is Jack's sister, not Jennifer's.

Also, I really don't think any of my aunts would take my side on an issue like this after I had yelled at them for warning me about a bad man like EJ. They'd probably tell me I'm on my own on this one, kiddo!

Is everyone scared of losing Jennifer's friendship if they're not nice to Abigail....because Abigail is not really that warm and pleasant...most of the time she's telling people how they suck and that they should ``back off.``

Edited by bantering

I associate Beth/Phillip more with Beth Chamberlin's Beth than I do JE's Beth - I know they started out with JE in the role, but she left pretty quickly after they got together after Beth moved on from Lujack's death. All the marriages, kids etc. came with BC. JE's Beth is associated more with Lujack; if you just mention JE in context with a popular GL pairing, it's Beth/Lujack that people think of first.

Good point.  Maybe that's why I have such a hard time envisioning JE's Beth with Phillip. 

And to just keep on point, I hope Will's article blows up in his face and the Hortons, especially Abby and Jenn, ream him out.  That should be glorious.

Anything to wipe that smug expression off his asshat face.  I'm sure the editor will soon clue in that the girl in Will's apartment was the Mystery Mistress.  Would love for this to become a TMZ sort of thing where she has to hide from the press.  Oh noes!  Will was just trying to help but instead made the whole thing so much worse!  Now she'll never find a job!

I need Sami to shoot the Babynapper/ Evidence shredder. Where does she get off blaming Sami or ANYONE if Kristen is freed?

And all hail Super Dan!! :p

Edited by Jewlmc

They've referred to Bo and Sami's special relationship before, years ago.  I don't remember him every being successful talking her out of stuff, but they at least have more rational conversations.  But at least this remark was actually based on history, it wasn't out of no where.

• Love 1

I need Sami to shoot the Babynapper/ Evidence shredder. Where does she get off blaming Sami or ANYONE if Kristen is freed?

The fire and passion between Sami and Nicole was explosive and that's what has been lacking in all of the Abby/Sami/Jenn/Adrienne scenes.  Sami hasn't looked the least bit impressed or bothered by anything the Horton shrews have said to her, but she looked pissed as hell at Nicole's words--I liked the equality of these two batshit crazy women going toe to toe helping to defend Eric--it was all kinds of awesome and I really want more scenes between AZ and AS.

And why the HELL is Brady mooing over the old and haggard looking Kristen when he could have the young and beautiful Theresa?  EM and JL have loads of chemistry, more so then Brady and Kristen.

• Love 5

Loved EJ telling Kristin that Abigail was one of the biggest mistakes he ever made but WHY oh WHY couldn't have Miss Priss Abby have been there to hear that??? KM is on almost every day but not the day he says that!

• Love 1

If Sami really only wanted money, she wouldn`t have sold that painting EJ was crying over for only $500 000.

If Sami gives up the Dimera money and power, what does she have?

No job and no home. She was called out accurately. She can sell things that doesn't belong to her, while she's living in their mansion and still using their money and has made no attempts to divorce EJ. If Sami really didn't want their money and power, she would have left that house and given up the Dimera lifestyle a long time ago. She rants to Roman about the cops on the Dimera payroll, when she uses those cops on the payroll and she's all about being a dirty Dimera herself.

Edited by Artsda

Um, Nicole, if your dumb stupid pathetic desperate lying disgusting ass hadn't destroyed the evidence Eric would have been reinstated as a priest months ago. No one asked you for your worthless commentary so shut up and have multiple seats.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 3

Um, Nicole, if your dumb stupid pathetic desperate lying disgusting ass hadn't destroyed the evidence Eric would have been reinstated as a priest months ago. No one asked you for your worthless commentary so shut up and have multiple seats.

I'm willing to get past the awful storyline of Nicole destroying the evidence, but only if she stops acting like it wasn't her fault his name wasn't cleared or her whole "what's the big deal?" attitude. She needs to SHADDUP!

• Love 1

I just don't get the argument that Sami only wanted EJ's money and power during the Eric drama. Sure, you could say that NOW, partly because she wants TO GET BACK AT HIM and partly because it's simply beneficial because what woman would like the real EJ at this point in time? (he's not even bothering to do his hair properly which is probably why Abigail has been laying off of him), but not at that time. What Sami is doing now to him from a financial standpoint strikes me as similar as to what a lot of other women in the media have done (wasn't Demi Moore trying to go after Ashton Kutcher's finances  and refused to give him a divorce even though she clearly has money too? Clearly, cheating ticks people off...)

She was attracted to and loved EJ and that clearly warped her brain (even EJ said as much to Abigail when she said they have blinding sex or whatever it was to make Abigail's eyes do that shocked blink-y thing), but the argument that she was only with him for money and power has always struck me as false. It didn't even occur to Abigail to launch that observation at Sami in the mansion when she could have -- instead, she just talked about Sami's and Ej's relationship being  only about sex (which I disagree with also, since they didn't really start having sex continuously until last year).

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2
I'm willing to get past the awful storyline of Nicole destroying the evidence, but only if she stops acting like it wasn't her fault his name wasn't cleared or her whole "what's the big deal?" attitude. She needs to SHADDUP!

Eric shouldn't even think about forgiving her until she finally stops trying to blame everyone else for what she did. And what was the point of her saying she would hold Sami responsible if EJ helped Kristen go free? Sami doesn't control EJ and it's not like she would be trying to convince EJ to represent Kristen. Why is Nicole even inserting herself into this situation? After what she's done you would think she would be avoiding Eric and his family at all costs. I guess she and Abby suffer from the same condition that prevents them from having shame.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 2

I wonder if the people who tuned in for ED's appearance on the show were willing to sit through two weeks of Daniel to finally get to today's episode.

Even today, Daniels's smug seemed to go on forever....(I guess he had a right to be since he brought her in, but still....that could have been cut down to 5 seconds).

Edited by bantering

Clearly, no one trusts the Salem PD. It was funny how Sami suggested they all watch Kristen since the cops aren't reliable...everyone seemed to unite in agreement for the first time ever.

Kristen really is annoying. I was feeling a tiny bit sorry for EJ  (well, as much as I can while his face is looking that bad) that he had to waste his time talking to her....

I can't believe Jennifer is thinking of getting back with Daniel at a time like this. You have other problems, Jennifer!

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

Ugh RoboMar sit down, your expressionless ass wasn't gonna do anything. She can't even make a threat sound right cause her face doesn't move. She needs to take several seats.

Oh how I wish Sami would have mentioned the affair after Jenn opened her trap. See Sami didn't say anything about the affair and kept her mouth shut. She could have easily said something right there in front of everyone and taken attention off Eric and Kristen but she restrained herself. Jenn needs to learn to keep her skin toned lipgloss lips shut.

Jenn stop begging for Dan the 2nd Coming, he doesn't want you.

Nicole STFU, how the hell can you blame Sami for EJ representing Kristen? Go sit your ass down at the nearest hair salon and put your recorder in your mouth. How exactly was Sami gonna stop EJ from talking to his sister? What a stupid bitch.

WTF is up with that snide remark from Eric in regards to Sami's children? Was that really necessary of him to say that. Sami really doesn't have anyone she can turn to, cause they all act so nasty towards her.

I do give Anne credit about what she said about Dan's hair, I guess the writers do read boards after all and see the comments in regards to Dan's Farrah Fawcett flips.

• Love 2
I can't believe Jennifer is thinking of getting back with Daniel at a time like this. You have other problems, Jennifer!

Like what, her wayward daughter? Why would you expect her to parent her kids.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 2

How can Nicole not realize that she`s the reason Kristen will most likely go free?

Even if Kristen gets the crappiest public defender of all time, Kristen will probably not be charged with anything because the evidence that could have helped to put her in jail for the rape is now gone because of Nicole.

It seemed like Nicole was bringing up the EJ issue with Sami to deflect blame off of herself. Nicole's words about Sami liking only Dimera money and power aren't even trustworthy in this context because Nicole was ultimately the one who had the evidence to put Kristen behind bars. Now, I have no idea what anybody could use to put Kristen in jail. If Kristen goes free, it won't be because EJ  stood in defence of her, out of misplaced family loyalty; it's because there's no evidence to convict her because Nicole stupidly shredded it!!! Nicole has handed this case over on a silver platter to any lawyer who wants it. So, yeah, Nicole needs to be quiet at the present time and find a new wig to wear.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 5
Nicole's words about Sami liking only Dimera money and power aren't even trustworthy in this context because Nicole was ultimately the one who had the evidence to put Kristen behind bars.

Nicole was also married to EJ so if Sami is a money grubbing whore what does that make her? She alos married Lucas for money so she's the last person who should be trying to call someone a gold digger.

• Love 2

If Sami cared that much about the Dimera money and power, she wouldn't have kept staying with blue-collar cop Rafe when she could've had EJ.

It's Kate who keeps saying how fabulous it'll be to have the money from their plan. Sami talks about the money in context of getting revenge on EJ - that's what it's really about for her, hurting him.

Yes, she was in a bad place financially when she and Rafe split, but that's really not true anymore. She has the Countess Wilhelmina success on her resume now and I'm sure saved plenty of money from her tenure at CW as well as what she's making now as co-CEO. And the co-CEO experience can go on her resume as well. So she can easily afford a home and get a job if she needed.

• Love 4

Wasn't Sami working for Mad World while she was married to Rafe?  She wasn't destitute when they broke up, even if she did live in that crappy apartment with the metal door.

Edited by Rick Kitchen
  • Love 2

Sami has worked at various companies. She and Nicole were working for Austin's company at some point. I think they may have had better wardrobe back then...

Everyone makes fun of Sami for not having a university degree, but she does have long-term working experience. And the latter does count for something when trying to get work.

I guess one could argue that she got her experience through connections, but I don't know who on this show who works in the business arena hasn't gotten experience that way. Lucas works for his Mom, EJ works for  his dad, Brady works for his grand-dad, Abigail worked for her mother and aunt, and the list goes on...

Sami is a survivor though. Even if she lost the company back to EJ tomorrow, she'd probably find something to work at....I can't recall her ever doing the "woe is me, I can't find a reference because I'm the black sheep of the Brady family" routine. She somehow seems to keep on truckin' job-wise, even if that means doing  weird spy work for John and Bo.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

So why all the anvils they are dropping on Sami's head?  I assume "show" wants us to hate Sami and feel sorry for Abby, but now Nicole is threatening to kill Sami if Kristen goes free?  That was a true WTF moment.

• Love 1

Wow, Eric, what a douchey thing to say.  Sami's kids are not known for their horrible behavior.  What a great uncle you are.

I guess EJ realized he wouldn't have a chance of getting Sami back if he represented Kristen.  Speaking of which, Sami never did get her restraining order enforced, and Marlena, Nicole and Eric never gave Hope the info about that purse snatcher.

Brady getting up all sweaty out of he bed, putting on his shirt and leaving made me think he's taking grooming lessons from Daniel.

Edited by Rick Kitchen
  • Love 2

Are they gonna do anything about the BOllie/Paige knowing each other thing? If only they had a thing back then cause if they did and Paige wanted him back, Abby would take more of an interest in BOllie then. What was the third name BOllie was going by Scott or something? I forgot. Abby only gets thrills out of chasing men that are attached to another woman, so maybe BOllie & Paige hooked up back then.

Paige said she knew him as Kevin, but he's too old for her, she just graduated high school.

How long did Ben and Jordan say they'd been on the run?  Eight years?  If Ben was a minor then, he couldn't be any more than 25 now.

Edited by Rick Kitchen

Abigail took a weird interest in knowing what Jordan's relationship to Ben was. She had that same weird look on her face that she had when asking to read Will's article (that nosy face or whatever). Her interest peaked significantly, and then seemed to dim again when she realized they were siblings.

All it would take for Abigail to peak the interest again is for her to stupidly think that Ben and Paige had something, even if they didn't.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

I see everyone is still kicking Sami.  Kristen, Jennifer, Nicole, Eric, EJ, etc. can drop dead at anytime.

Sami needs to enforce the restraining order, get EJ out of the mansion, finish her plan with Kate, then pack up her children, and leave Salem.

"The biggest mistake I ever made," doesn't EJ say that every six months.  Sami and the children weren't EJ's priority when he was lying for Kristen and cheating on Sami.

Kristen should go to prison for drugging and raping Eric (I doubt she will).  However, Brady and EJ are responsible for trashing their own lives.

Am I supposed to believe someone is going to kill Sami?  Kristen, Nicole, Jennifer, etc.  Maybe EJ's hair kills her.  I know it's killing me having to see it.

• Love 3

Eric's crack about Sami's kids was uncalled for.  Her kids are much better behaved than his pet, Ciara (who I love, but because of her bad behavior, not in spite of it).  He deserves not to be a priest because he's kind of a judgmental douche.  

• Love 1

I was surprised by Eric's comment because I've never seen Sami's younger kids ever act particularly ill-behaved.

The only time I can recall Johnny acting up in a bad way was when EJ told Johnny his mother doesn't love him. I think he tore up the picture he drew of his family and sat with his arms folded on the Dimera-Sex Couch (ew). Other than that one time, that kid is generally very cheerful.

• Love 1

Ugh.  I hated today's show.  I was forced to watch the part at the precinct where Daniel explains why Kristen kidnapped him because Sami was in the background. I don't understand how kidnapping Daniel has to do with Kristen getting information about Brady.  I don't understand what Daniel has to do with Kristen raping Eric.  I don't understand why Daniel is apologizing for taking so long to bring Kristen in.  Is he a cop now?  Or is he somehow complicit in Eric's rape by giving Kristen drugs or something? It makes no sense and I want to go back to ignoring that part of the show.

I have been pretty successful in ignoring Daniel thus far, but jeez, I have an instinctual loathing for him.  It must go back to his time on ATWT.  I didn't like him there either; but boy did I want to slap his smug face when he gave Eric the two finger salute after giving the speech about maybe Eric can get his life back now that he brought Kristen in.  And can I just add that I'm getting sick and tired of everyone shouting about what Kristen did to Eric in front of a crowd all the damn time.  Have a little freakin sensitivity.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 2

I just don't get the argument that Sami only wanted EJ's money and power during the Eric drama.

What did Sami do to help Eric during that time? She didn't lift a finger to help Eric, she claimed outraged and hating all things Kristen/EJ/Stefano/Dimera. She ran her mouth a lot like normal, but what did she ever do to show that love/support and do to help him? 

Despite the fact Nicole trashed the evidence, Nicole was the one out there looking for it. It was only her and Daniel all the time on Eric's side and trying to actually help him. Sami never lifted a finger, the only thing she did was send EJ to a different bedroom, but she never took a stand other than all her verbal tirades against the Dimeras, she made no effort at all to leave the house, stop using their money, stop working for their company, that Kristen also works and partly owns.

It irritates me how Will only blames Sami for his less than ideal upbringing. Lucas and Kate were also involved but he absolutely never ever puts any of the blame on him.

Lucas went to jail for him, Lucas became an adult and grew up. He's not pulling those same things anymore. Sami's still playing revenge games despite her age and the fact she has 3 little children to raise. 

Sami also started the ball rolling on Will's upbringing, by her raping Austin and passing him off as his father when he never was. Will thinking one man was his dad when he wasn't, that's all on Sami.  That's what started Will's childhood. Being raised by a man that Sami knew wasn't his real dad. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2
And can I just add that I'm getting sick and tired of everyone shouting about what Kristen did to Eric in front of a crowd all the damn time.  Have a little freakin sensitivity.

I guess they think that after the video was played...twice!...in a church, with pretty much all of Salem including Eric's own family watching, there's no need to bother being sensitive now.

I still can't quite believe that happened. Kristen certainly had her own selfish motives for saying the video shouldn't be replayed in "a house of God," but really. Hope could have just taken the stupid laptop outside to rewatch the video on her own, and then gone back to advise everyone on whether the video was real or doctored.

And yes, I also remember that Sami thought for a very long time that Austin was Will's father. Certainly she was in denial, but that was in line with her crazypants-obsessed-with-Austin mindset. Lucas was just the same, since at that time he was nearly as obsessed with getting Carrie; Sami being pregnant by Austin fit in too perfectly with Lucas's own schemes.

And Sami and Austin's interrupted wedding...eesh, that "day" went on forever, even by Reilly's standards of month-days. I remember reading that the only reason it finally came to an end was because Reilly got a call from the set telling him that Sami's wedding dress was falling apart.

• Love 2