Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

14 minutes ago, boes said:

Dario's little hissy fit was pretty funny, though not as funny as Show making Sparkle actually Sparkle even more than usual.   Did Show really think his face needed to be even rosier?   The elf outfit.....oh, the things I could say.....  He and Sonny not only don't have any chemistry, they're actually Anti - chemistry.   They put out fires before they're even lit.

Kayla and Steve were great today and UO, Jade and Joey weren't terrible.  I've always thought the actress playing Jade was the best of young actresses and Joey seemed a bit better today.

Abby opened and closed her mouth so many times before any actual words came out I thought Chad was having an emotional scene with a guppy.

Question - now that the truth is out, will she still be wearing her Joan Collins hat?  PLEAASE, SHOW, PLEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAASE!   It's the best part of the story.

So now Chad nows Grandma was in on Abby's fake death.  The next time Laura comes to town and treats him like shit I hope he slips a mega dose of metamucil into her martini.  

Where is Peggy McKay?  Enough is enough, Show.  Let us know how the actress is doing.

Today was the first time I didn't find myself yawning during the Sonny & Sparkle scenes, but you are so right about them being anti-chemistry. How does anyone at Days see them together and think we want more of them? It's mindboggling. I can only pray that someone tells them it's not working and to move on from it because yikes. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, dancrow236 said:

Today was the first time I didn't find myself yawning during the Sonny & Sparkle scenes, but you are so right about them being anti-chemistry. How does anyone at Days see them together and think we want more of them? It's mindboggling. I can only pray that someone tells them it's not working and to move on from it because yikes. 

Paulson have no chemistry. They are so contrived and boring. Paul was so much interesting when he came to town. He had an edge to him. The show should have made him an antagonistic interloper for Wilson..He should have been a thorn on their sides, just like Sami was, for Austin/Carrie. Sean Christopher has the talent to play a complex villain. Instead, they made him into a bland good guy. He has been wasted on this show. Freddie needs to take acting class..I think his side business has eroded his talent.. Happy Holidays! everybody...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, boes said:

So Chad now knows that Grandma Botox was in on Abby's fake death.  The next time Laura comes to town and treats him like shit I hope he slips a mega dose of metamucil into her martini.  

Does "Grandma Botox" refer to Laura or Andre? Or both?

• Love 8
1 minute ago, LeftPhalange said:

Does "Grandma Botox" refer to Laura or Andre? Or both?

I intended to reference Laura, but what the  hell, fits Andre too.

I wonder when he and Abigail will have shower sex?   I mean, it's a tradition.

• Love 10

Did anyone else see Doug try to spit out the one sentence that sounded nothing like English? can't we just put Hope away for a year that's how long it will take me to give a fudge.  I think Gabi signed back up just to promote her ass. I felt a bit of payoff Chad screamed at failure for a few scenes. Sparkle elf is all kinds of wrong. If he wasn't bad enough he's ruined forever along with Sonny.  Thomas's cardboard out fit is a strangulation hazard.  

• Love 2

The new Abigail isn't terrible, but what a stupid storyline for her to be in. She's  got a tough job trying to make Abigail likable. I mean, I kind of believe this version of Abigail that she wasn't being deliberately manipulative in faking her death based on the acting, but then I remember the previous version and I'm not sure. 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 4

Oh the nerve of Abby... 
Trying to come for Gabi for having feelings for Chad again when she was about to run away from home with her sack lunch her mommy made.   Bitch plz.   She has no place to be sanctimonious when she single handily ruined her brother's relationship with Gabi and placed a seed of doubt in Chad's head about their marriage.   I was glad Chad was giving her ass a nice ripping  but he went all soft the last bit of it. ?  In terms of chemistry,  I do think this MM has enough range to be in scenes with BF. I actually bought their emotional scenes better than anything between he and that other girl. 

Ughh why they had to go kill Chillie!   I wanted her to be part of Black Patch as the muscle. ?  I actually like this Annabelle girl.   She's cute and hell I always wanted this show to have a strong Asian actress in Salem.   They should keep this actress and put her in the teen scene or bust her out the clink make her JJ's new gf.  

And I dunno how I'm going to feel about this Stefano storyline especially since the actor is really dead in real life.   This might be weird, but one has to se how it plays out I guess. 

Overall good episode to start the week. 

• Love 10

This prison stuff is so stupid. This actually makes me dislike Hope more because that hotdog chili girl is probably dead because she tried to help her. 

I'm so glad Chad told Failure he and Gabi wouldn't have gotten involved if her dirtbag ass hadn't let them think she was dead. I'm also pleasantly surprised that he hasn't immediately forgiven her and is allowed to be angry.

TPTB are so stupid. JM was in his 80s and suffering from health problems when he retired. When they were writing Stefano's exit story they should have written it as if JM wouldn't be available to shoot additional scenes if they ever decided to pull a retcon.

• Love 4

Well, clearly Chad has chemistry with everyone...including sociopaths.

Dump her!!!

Why don't they stick any make-up on this Abigail? They stuck so much on the other one. Or is only Kate Mansi allowed to look glamorous?

Gabi was way nicer about everything than I was expecting. Heck she was way nicer than I would have been. I probably would have just made out with Chad in front of Abigail to stick it to her.

What is up with the self-righteousness from both Abigail (even if I can't imagine this version having an affair with EJ) and JJ?

What is Abigail supposed to be now? This one looks like a heroine, but Abigail is such a butthead.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 7
11 minutes ago, bantering said:

What is Abigail supposed to be now? This one looks like a heroine, but Abigail is such a butthead.

Failure is the same thing she's always been, she's just now played by an actress who is capable of making her seem like less of a sociopath than she really is.

• Love 10

Ok, so, Chad and new Abigail have chemistry. I'm feeling it. Plus, I like that it seems there might be a legitimate triangle, even if Gabi and Chad were rushed. 

I'm not sure where they are going with Abigail. I'm getting a different vibe than just straight up heroine. Though she never really was one anyway given her penchant for unavailable men, I always felt like we were supposed to see her as one. I said before, I like this unsteadiness she's bringing. 

Warranted or not, I'd be a little salty if my best bud was making out with the hubs 6 months after my death. I know, I know, it's a soap. 

Once again, JJ looks like a pathetic loser.  Poor JJ. 

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, bantering said:

Gabi was way nicer about everything than I was expecting. Heck she was way nicer than I would have been. I probably would have just made out with Chad in front of Abigail to stick it to her.

What is up with the self-righteousness from both Abigail (even if I can't imagine this version having an affair with EJ) and JJ?

I agree.   Not to be stereotypical,  but,  Gabi is a Latina.   How come Gabi wasn't allowed to clapback on Abigail when this back from the dead cowardly lion tried her???   She should had ripped her a new one,  but Chad saved the day, so I guess it was ok.  Still Gabi shouldn't be so nice when it comes to Abifail.  She didn't know she was alive! 

Plus seems like the writers want us to forget how fast Abby was bouncing between several men when KM played her.    This new Abigail, even though she still annoys me,  is more likable than when Kate played her.   That speaks volumes MM has a tad more range and believability. 

I think I'm gonna like this triangle because at least all BF,  CB,  and MM can act. 

• Love 4

I love how Abby is trying to make Gabi the villain in all of this like she wasn't the one who set it all in motion in the first place. The only thing Gabi did wrong was to not break up with JJ before her & Chad decided to give it a go. I know JJ cheated on her, but she still should have broken up with him completely. She doesn't get a free morals pass just because JJ cheated on her. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Rowan said:

Warranted or not, I'd be a little salty if my best bud was making out with the hubs 6 months after my death. I know, I know, it's a soap. 

Under any other circumstances I would agree, but after Abigail had an affair with EJ and rubbed it in Sami's face and cheated on Ben, I feel she has no room to talk. 

Maybe the writers are hoping we'll forget all of that stuff, but at times it's hard for me to pretend I have a bad memory.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, bantering said:

Under any other circumstances I would agree, but after Abigail had an affair with EJ and rubbed it in Sami's face and cheated on Ben, I feel she has no room to talk. 

Maybe the writers are hoping we'll forget all of that stuff, but at times it's hard for me to pretend I have a bad memory.

I know. Plus, she also laid one on Austin's drunk ass while he was married to Carrie. She's no saint. 

But, I just can't care as much as I used to. If soaps were still written like someone gave two shits about actual continuity and a character's motivation, I guess I would. In the past, I would've been like she's got to be kidding me. But now, I'm just like, eh. I mean I might even like her more if they wrote it like she was a "bad" girl who is screwed up from her dad's disappearing acts. 

I like the actress, so I guess I'll depend on her performance to bring some nuance. 

• Love 3

It's like everyone's forgetting Gabi can be conniving and into entrapping men herself and, like, Failure has violent and homicidal tendencies. 

Gabi didn't intent to move in on Abby's man esp concidering her crazy ass was convincing everyone she was dead. But this could become an interesting war between them. 

I like how NuAbby isn't delivering her lines with smug conceit or complete apathy and dead eyes. That's a nice change. 

• Love 5

I think Chad made as many moves on Gabi as she did on him. Maybe Abigail didn't see that part though. And, well, I'd have a hard time resisting Chad if he made moves on me. 

I haven't seen all of Chad's scenes with Gabi, but I could have sworn he was following her around with flowers. 

In this particular storyline, I do think Gabi is fairly innocent (well, if you don't count the emotional cheating on JJ.) I even think Gabi, despite what she said today, might be willing to step aside for Chad and Abigail to be together. Of course, I also picture Abigail opening her big mouth, saying something insulting, and provoking Gabi into a war for Chad's affections.

• Love 5

The way I saw it Chad started having feelings and pining for Gabi before she started feeling the same.  He's been shooting heart eyes at her for a while.  It wasn't until JJ cheated that Gabi started responding.  I think she was in denial about an attraction until Chad almost kissed her while comforting her over JJ heartbreak.  I think the Chad/Gabi stuff happened really fast but the chemistry between them makes it work for me. 

I think the new actress playing Abby is an improvement.   Her actions are stupid and set this whole mess in motion, but she sells how fragile and desperate Abby is.  I didn't like her insinuating that Gabi would have gone for Chad even if Abby had been alive cause that's patently untrue.  I appreciated Chad putting Abby straight about that.  Still she was willing to acknowledge that the current mess is on her.

This could be a really good triangle because no one is being cartoonishly evil to prop up anyone else.  I can sympathize with all of them though I tend to sympathize mostly with Chad and Gabi.  JJ isn't really a factor at this point.   Once he cheated and Gabi realized she had a spark with Chad JJ's days in her heart were numbered.  I really appreciated that the writers didn't have her immediately get back together with JJ just because Abby is back in Chad's life.  I like that she acknowledged that the trust was gone between them.   I feel like JJ acts like he's entitled to forgiveness for cheating and doesn't get he has to work and prove himself to regain lost trust.

• Love 7

The three Musketeers of Claire, Ciara, and Theo living together. Who will be the first to throw furniture?

You go, Jade. Manipulate Joey and his family and friends.

Who knew that Salem Jail would be so dangerous? Of course, there will be a lockdown and the twosome will eventually have to face more charges and probably move to a higher security facility. There should be some surveillance footage, being a jail and all.

Abs, do you really think that Chad would just welcome you back to the mansion? It's been months, you have been 'dead'. He was right to call you out. And should have done more, really. You just can't walk back in to your life. Both of you need to decide whether to move forward together or apart. You didn't give him the option of making his own decisions. He could have moved on with Gabi, or anyone really. Heck, it could have been Ciara the former nanny. If JJ didn't cheat, Gabi would still have moved along to Chad. JJ was between a rock/pebble and a hard place regarding Abs' return. It wasn't his secret to share.

Deux ex ISAina. Of course, they will find Stefano or his doppelganger in Prague. Like, in February.

• Love 2

As I've posted, I hate the Hope kills Stefano storyline, so I'll take anything that retcons it, even if it makes no sense.  And I must admit I'm looking forward to the adventure in Prague.  I hope they can make it even 1% as good as the 80's Stockholm adventure, which I loved.

Are we ever going to see Hope locked in her cell.  Surely they can masquerade the Salem PD cell to look like a jail cell.

• Love 2

It makes no sense that Brady was about to tell Nicole that Holly might be hers, if he was so worried about Deimos letting her know.

OMG, the flashback to young Eric Martsolf!

So John is in Louisiana for his birth mother's funeral, huh?  Right.

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

What? Wasn't Colleen supposed to be his mother. I cannot keep up with all of these constant rewrites with John's past so that he is connected to almost every family in Salem.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

What? Wasn't Colleen supposed to be his mother. I cannot keep up with all of these constant rewrites with John's past so that he is connected to almost every family in Salem.

They had to change that when they decided to hook Brady up with Theresa, because otherwise it would have been incest.

• Love 1

Nancy probably does have power of attorney to deal with baby Holly.

Doubt Brady and Deimos could get in touch with the clinic to see if Chloe underwent another treatment. They probably could hack in to her bank records to see about any other payments made to the clinic for a second treatment. Whoever Nicole is with, is really none of anyone's business when it comes to the baby.

So, everyone will be off to Prague for a bit?

Not really interested in prison politics. Seems a bit of a cliché. Surely, as a cop, Hope would be kept in a different cellblock.

• Love 1

That's the explanation for John's absence? Smart. I was thinking they should use his birth mother as an excuse for his absence. I'm just bummed they killed her off after their two days of scenes together. She was a good actress.

When did they mention John?

I don't understand this business of exhuming Stefano's body. Wasn't it blown up, with Andre getting a front-row seat to the show? What exactly did they bury? Tiny pieces?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 2

Joey and Jade finally seem to be in a good place so I guess that means something bad is about to happen.

Of course the Brady and Friends PD didn't bother to get the initial DNA test on Stefano done at multiple labs across the country to make sure the results were accurate.

14 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I don't understand this business of exhuming Stefano's body. Wasn't it blown up, with Andre getting a front-row seat to the show? What exactly did they bury? Tiny pieces?

I think Stefano's body was removed from the building before it exploded. Didn't Andre find it in time?

• Love 1

I watch casually, and usually skip over Joey and Jade because I can't stand either of them, but is Jade supposed to be a combination of smug/contrite, or is that just how the actress comes off?  I watched today and the scene in the pub with her dad when she was apologizing for the money, she just looked smug to me when I think she was trying for contrite?  It was like she couldn't stop smiling.....

Go, Nancy, tell Deimos to shove it. OMG, I love her telling Deimos to butt out.

Nancy really shouldn't be trying to get in between Nicole and the baby.

Dammit, show us Craig, don't just give us one sided phone calls.

Jade's father is really a sweet guy, isn't he?  Too bad we can't get more good use out of Real Andrews.

It's so hard to keep track of who is related to whom on this show, I had to figure out that Joey's "uncle at the police station" is Roman.

Couldn't they have grabbed one of Holly's diapers and gotten a DNA sample from that?

• Love 4

So, are they going to bring back Stefano DiMera?  This Show needs a good villain.  Andre DiMera is lukewarm in the villainy department.  RIP Joe Mascolo.  I will continue to miss his charisma, his great over the top acting and his wonderful style.

• Love 2

Nancy and Andre were my heroes today.

Nancy for not giving Deimos an inch and making it clear she detests him and that she and Chloe didn't need nor want his 'help'. She and Craig could take care of their daughter. 

And while she is keeping the secret of Holly being Nicole's a secret, I think she's a) trying to honor Chloe's wishes for the moment and b) trying to protect Holly since both Brady and Nicole are up Deimos' butt. She was obviously very conflicted but I get why she's staying mum for now. Her scene with Brady was nice before he began pressing about the baby daddy. He was once her son in law and obviously still has a soft spot for him. Martsolf also had a great moment when Brady seemed to have a lump in his throat wishing Chloe could find the right guy and happiness.

Andre may be a lowdown DiMera but the man spoke true about the hilarity and hypocrisy of Rafe et al asking for his help regarding Stefano when Salem PD arrested 3 people (all of which Rafe knew didn't kill Stefano) and were content to let any of them rot in prison until their precious Hope got sent to prison. Now they're falling over themselves to find any evidence to free her. The Brady's really aren't any better in protecting their own whenever they do a crime. It's like they believe that because they're the good guys they always have extenuating reasons for why their crap doesn't stink. I hate Andre caved. He should've made Rafe hunt down Chad.

• Love 5

Andre did make a good point that Hope was found guilty in a court of law.

A bit too much of a ret-con that all of a sudden, the DNA didn't match. So who was buried in the demolished building? When did Stefano's staff pull him out? Maybe there should have been a scene of him jumping in to a vehicle or being transported somewhere by ambulance. Just too convenient to get Hope out of jail. Can't have a Horton stink up the place. I did like Kate speaking up about the missing money from the DiMera accounts.

Nancy, you have every right to dislike/hate Deimos and not want him near her daughter. You also need to respect that the baby is not Chloe's and that she was a surrogate. Keeping it from Nicole for far too long will do a lot of damage. No guarantee that Deimos will be in Nicole's life much longer or that she won't meet someone else you don't like.

Jade's father is a jerk but he did speak some truths about his lovely daughter. Guilting and obligating Joey is wrong. Having a kid to get out of a bad home situation is not going to solve the problem. You just add another one.

• Love 5

A bit too much of a ret-con that all of a sudden, the DNA didn't match. So who was buried in the demolished building? When did Stefano's staff pull him out? Maybe there should have been a scene of him jumping in to a vehicle or being transported somewhere by ambulance. Just too convenient to get Hope out of jail. Can't have a Horton stink up the place. I did like Kate speaking up about the missing money from the DiMera accounts.

Hope did use a pistol that she grabbed out of Stefano's desk, right?  So it's entirely possible he set it up with blanks.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Hope did use a pistol that she grabbed out of Stefano's desk, right?  So it's entirely possible he set it up with blanks.

And he wore some sort of Kevlar vest that was covered in fake blood packs. Some poor henchman got killed and then fitted with his ring in the condemned building.

• Love 3

Wow.  So you all are saying that a DNA rest in Salem - SALEM, of all places - was faked?  Bu bububu...but, how could that be?  That NEVER happens in Salem?

The only thing more overused on DOOL than "he/she is DEAD! Oh, wait, they're not", is "the DNA confirms it".  

P.S. Seeing Patrika Darbo today was GREAT!  I hope she sticks around for a while.  I was never much of a Chloe fan but Nancy is a wonderful character.

Edited by boes
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

No, Hope used Bo's gun. Stefano's gun was never fired.

• Love 1